PDA

View Full Version : Fake...glasses?

Ummy
08-18-2007, 09:45 PM
Hello there! ;_; I'm sorry if this question is stupid, but I'm a huge newbie to the cosplaying world and I'm not aware of quite a few things...

I'm attempting to put together my very first cosplay for AUSA '07. More specifically, I plan to go as Kyouya Ootori from Ouran High School Host Club! Er, I'm not sure how I'm going to, but I want to give it a shot anyway.

The problem is, I don't wear glasses. And, I will not dare to cosplay as this lovely boy without them!

Are there glasses used solely for appearance purposes? If so, where can I get them? :X

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it!

WARPAINTandUnicorns
08-18-2007, 09:59 PM
Not a stupid question at all this has been asked before. You can buy low level glasses that act as magnifiers they don’t need a prescription since they are so weak and you can buy them from a pharmacy or dollar store for really cheap. If you concerned about your eyes you can pop out the lenses easily (this is what I did for my Watari costume)

benihime
08-19-2007, 12:35 AM
yup i got several cheap pairs and used a hammer to get the lenses out. looks nice too XD

Kesra
08-19-2007, 01:46 PM
And the ones without the lenses are nice because you don't have to worry about flash glare in the lense

verdatum
08-20-2007, 02:50 AM
if the fact that the lenses aren't there bugs you, you can make nonprescription lenses with a hunk of plexiglass a couple mm thick. But most people won't care.