PDA

View Full Version : Hellsing Gathering~~

crimsonGOJYO
08-21-2007, 09:43 AM
I wanted to start up the Hellsing Gathering early~ I know I will be there as Jan Valentine [if you went to AX, I was the only one at the gathering with the Luke~] with my millenium group again. :D~ Who else is going as who? I'm not gonna start the list until I get more people. :D~

Grey Finch
08-26-2007, 01:50 AM
OH SNAP, GUESS I'M BRINGING LUKE LOLOL.

Yez. ;D

Tearatone
08-26-2007, 10:25 PM
I will probably be there, rocking Schrodinger and Girlycard.

Kantara
08-29-2007, 12:21 AM
If I have RioCard finished by then I'll bring, otherwise I can throw together a Walter cosplay for the gathering :3

DorianHolmes
09-05-2007, 01:03 PM
I'll be there as Integra Hellsing and Enrico Maxwell!

HappyHeretic
09-06-2007, 10:27 AM
I will be there as Alucard as well as Jan

tsumikuroi
09-06-2007, 12:46 PM
I'll try to show up. If I do, I'll be Young Walter, with coffin.

missrelena
09-10-2007, 07:04 PM
I'll be there as Archbishop Maxwell, and Natchan will be debuting a new Integra at the gathering, too!

Natchan
09-11-2007, 12:22 PM
I think I'll introduce myself, even though half of you know me from the AX thread!

I will so totally be there! My newest Integra-YKO 06/2000 (thats the shortest name I could give it) will be what I'm wearing. I'm totally excited to go to, I've only been to summer cons, so it'll be a nice to change to wear Hellsing in the winter!

missrelena
10-10-2007, 03:20 PM
So, anyone have any idea when and where we're going to have this Hellsing shindig? Cuz' I wanna make sure I don't accidentally schedule anything at the same time!

Grey Finch
10-11-2007, 01:30 AM
I for one would... absolutely love it if we did Hellsing Friday. *o* If not, Sunday works too I think, but people tend to be really busy packing up and heading out on the last day. :>

Tearatone
10-11-2007, 01:33 AM
If it is possible can we try to have the Hellsing gathering on the same day as Cosplay Chess? A lot of Hellsing characters will be participating in it and that would probably make it easier for said patrons.

Grey Finch
10-12-2007, 09:39 PM
If it is possible can we try to have the Hellsing gathering on the same day as Cosplay Chess? A lot of Hellsing characters will be participating in it and that would probably make it easier for said patrons.

Yeah, that's what I was hoping for too, since I'm participating also. I heard it was going on Friday early evening, so maybe some time before or after that?

missrelena
10-15-2007, 09:47 PM
Friday sounds perfect with me! Any other votes?

hellrazer
10-15-2007, 10:51 PM
Hellrazer reporting in.
It's wonderful to see all the familiar faces...erm...avatars.
I'll definitely be sporting Seras one of the days. Friday sounds good. I think. I may be working the con. Actually, it sounds best. Sundays definitely don't work since I'll be wearing my masqu costume the final day and I may do Gankutsuou on Saturday (since it's only worth the work if I get a full day's worth of it).

Natchan
10-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Hey there everyone! I think Friday sounds awsome! I can't wait to debut my newest Integra, man this is going to rock!

Grey Finch
10-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Hellrazer reporting in.
It's wonderful to see all the familiar faces...erm...avatars.
I'll definitely be sporting Seras one of the days. Friday sounds good. I think. I may be working the con. Actually, it sounds best. Sundays definitely don't work since I'll be wearing my masqu costume the final day and I may do Gankutsuou on Saturday (since it's only worth the work if I get a full day's worth of it).

Awesome, then I'll finally get to see your Count in person! Like I never got to at AX D:

Seems like Friday is good for everyone so far. Excellent. 8Db

hellrazer
10-16-2007, 05:19 PM
Awesome, then I'll finally get to see your Count in person! Like I never got to at AX D:

Seems like Friday is good for everyone so far. Excellent. 8Db

The Count is an illusive individual and AX was quite a large con. ALA will be a little more difficult for him to be everywhere without being sighted by anyone of worth. (Tenucha excluded. I did see him. But that was about it)

But Hellsing is what really matters. My hair has gotten a bit longer--I'm certain of it. So maybe I'll manage those spikes of doom. Really, hair stylists must be in high demand in anime. How many must be following Alucard at all times to manage those insane and ever changing dos?

missrelena
10-16-2007, 06:42 PM
The Count is an illusive individual and AX was quite a large con. ALA will be a little more difficult for him to be everywhere without being sighted by anyone of worth. (Tenucha excluded. I did see him. But that was about it)

But Hellsing is what really matters. My hair has gotten a bit longer--I'm certain of it. So maybe I'll manage those spikes of doom. Really, hair stylists must be in high demand in anime. How many must be following Alucard at all times to manage those insane and ever changing dos?

The Count is coming to ALA?!? I'm ssssooooooooooo excited!:angel: I've been dying to see it in person!

Good luck with the Spikes of Doom! I have yet to figure out how a police girl can afford the army of stylists she must have to keep her hair so pointy! We won't even go into Alucard or Rip and her crazy curl!

Natchan
10-17-2007, 12:36 AM
I think I'm with Grey Finch and MissRelena when I say, YAY COUNT IN PERSON! I better not iss you this time! I REALLY want to see that!

Grey Finch
10-17-2007, 03:28 AM

That makes me really wanna put Albert as my top priority but I know it wouldn't be done to an acceptable level by ALA. I think Fanime is the planned debut for that anyway. :B

Kantara
10-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Friday sounds good to me :3

OkamiShoujo
10-19-2007, 03:20 PM
*waves* Hello All~
If all goes well with my family, I'll be showing up ^w^
I'll be Seras again (unless I can belt out Integra ...) And hopefully I'll be dragging my friend along (basically only way I can go ^^; )

So yeah
*hugs for you all!*

hellrazer
10-20-2007, 08:18 PM
That makes me really wanna put Albert as my top priority but I know it wouldn't be done to an acceptable level by ALA. I think Fanime is the planned debut for that anyway. :B

Albert!? Man, now I want to go to Fanime! But I'm attempting to save up (and doing a horrible job at it, I might add. Mercedes and I are hoping to go to Otakon.)
Regardless, I can't wait to see all you lovely ladies again. And a smaller con means more time to hang out!

It's funny, I wasn't seriously planning to do the Count, it was more or a possibility. But if there is such a outcry for him, I guess it can be arranged.

Grey Finch
10-21-2007, 01:43 AM
Albert!? Man, now I want to go to Fanime! But I'm attempting to save up (and doing a horrible job at it, I might add. Mercedes and I are hoping to go to Otakon.)
Regardless, I can't wait to see all you lovely ladies again. And a smaller con means more time to hang out!

It's funny, I wasn't seriously planning to do the Count, it was more or a possibility. But if there is such a outcry for him, I guess it can be arranged.

You might go to Otakon too? Wow, there's gonna be so much Gankutsuou representin' at Ota if you do! I know I'm taking Albert, and I think I know of a Franz, Mercedes and Haydee cosplay that're going too. 8D;

Natchan
10-24-2007, 12:26 PM
Well I'm registered, and will be purchasing my YKO Integra fabric next week after my move. Woohoo!

tsumikuroi
10-24-2007, 01:59 PM
The Count is coming to ALA?!? I'm ssssooooooooooo excited!:angel: I've been dying to see it in person!

Good luck with the Spikes of Doom! I have yet to figure out how a police girl can afford the army of stylists she must have to keep her hair so pointy! We won't even go into Alucard or Rip and her crazy curl!

Alucard has crazy l33t vampire powers that makes it possible for him to manipulate his hair whatever way he wants. That's a strange thought...

I'm pretty much done with Young Walter, especially Alucard's HUGE coffin. Now if only I can find a Girly!card with a blood-stained white peacoat and a Tommy... *sighs*

hellrazer
10-26-2007, 01:21 AM
Well I'm registered, and will be purchasing my YKO Integra fabric next week after my move. Woohoo!

Yay! Release your inner Integra!

I don't think there will be any upgrades in store for Seras. This year I have so many more commitments that last year. Last year was the year of the cosplay. This is the year of...other things.

missrelena
10-26-2007, 02:30 PM
I don't think there will be any upgrades in store for Seras. This year I have so many more commitments that last year. Last year was the year of the cosplay. This is the year of...other things.

I completely understand that feeling. . . why is there never enough time to do all you want? I'm going to be upgrading my Archbishop Maxwell, but it won't be anything extravagant. Just a bit more detail and bling. That's all I have the energy for. (Sigh)

Tearatone
10-31-2007, 04:11 AM
I'm up for Friday! Maybe in the evening after Cosplay Chess to make the mood feel more Hellsing?

hellrazer
11-01-2007, 02:25 AM
I guess the issue would be exposure, though. How late will cosplay chess go? Most people need a fair amount of light to get decent pictures.

Natchan
11-01-2007, 11:20 AM
This is very true, I know for a fact that my camera doesn't take very good low light pictures. Well, at least not cosplay pics that is.

Tearatone
11-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Cosplay Chess is over at 5:30...

missrelena
11-02-2007, 02:36 PM
I can work with 5:30. That should give us enough light to make the pictures worthwhile.

HappyHeretic
11-02-2007, 04:02 PM
While 5:30 does seem like it could work out well I am not too sure how well the lighting will work out for photos. We have to remember that this is a Winter con when the days are getting shorter and shorter. We might have some nice sunset backdrops, but it could wind up getting dark on us sooner than we expect.

I just looked up the time for Sunset @ http://www.sunrisesunset.com/calendar.asp?comb_city_info=Los%20Angeles,%20Calif ornia;118.2;34;-8;1&month=1&year=2008&time_type=0&use_dst=1 for that weekend and it says that sunset should start a bit before 5:00 that evening. So by the time we will all be meeting up the sun will probably be mostly set.

Though yes we are dealing with vapires here so it kinda makes more since to be out at night and well Hellsing cosplay is kind of millions of layers of clothes where only your face is showing (unless of corse you are Seras), so the evening chill would make people more comfortible, but well at least I hate what a common camera flash does to pictures.

So knowing this do we want to do our gathering earlier, or are we still leaning towards 5:30 right after Cosplay Chess?

Enkai
11-04-2007, 06:29 PM
I'll be there with Seras for certain (I plan on entering it in my first masquerade; I'm quite proud of it). I'm up for any day as long as it doesn't conflict with any of my other gatherings or masquerade.

Natchan
11-08-2007, 12:09 PM
Awsome Enkai, we can always use more Police Girls!

I'm heading down to LA here in a few weeks, and am hoping to scope out the scene then! Need photoshoot location!

Meanlilkitty
11-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Blood Seras will be reporting for duty! (Just finished the fucker and I can't wait to finally debut it!)

missrelena
11-14-2007, 07:29 PM
So are we still planning on Friday at 5:30pm, or will a time before the Cosplay Chess be better? If we already established this, just fill me full of Anderson's bayonets. I just don't remember if we actually decided. :crylaugh:

Natchan
11-26-2007, 12:19 AM
I don't know but we need to make a decision and fast. We don't have a ton of time left. I'm open for anything!

DorianHolmes
11-26-2007, 12:59 AM
If it's right after cosplay chess I suppose I could just stay as Father Enrico Maxwell. But I'd rather change into Integra seeing as it's the only cosplay that my actual English accent matches. ^.^;;

Tearatone
11-26-2007, 02:49 AM
Lets have it set for the evening then! Pleeeease?

missrelena
11-26-2007, 07:20 PM
Having it in the evening would be okay with me. . . if it works for everyone else, too.

HappyHeretic
11-26-2007, 08:00 PM
sure evening is good

Natchan
11-27-2007, 12:40 AM
So I guess after cosplay chess is the decision? We'll just have to be really careful about the lighting.

hellrazer
11-27-2007, 09:42 PM
Indeed, maintaining poses for extended time

tsumikuroi
11-27-2007, 11:29 PM
Evening works for me. It seems more appropriate somehow.

Natchan
11-28-2007, 01:46 AM
Of course... we're mostly night dwelling creatures anyway aren't we?

Tearatone
11-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Jaowl, ve are!

missrelena
11-28-2007, 07:11 PM
Not me! (Creature of the night, that is.)

Anyway, is someone looking for cool gathering spots for us? (Natchan, are you?) Just wondering, cuz' I'm sure to get lost.:crylaugh:

Natchan
11-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Not me! (Creature of the night, that is.)

Anyway, is someone looking for cool gathering spots for us? (Natchan, are you?) Just wondering, cuz' I'm sure to get lost.:crylaugh:

I'm checking around next weekend while I'm down there!

Hellsing Agent
11-29-2007, 08:24 PM
Hellsing Agent pilots the Blackbird in a mad plummet, spikey bats drawn along in its wake, then... Lands daintily at Burbank Airport! :p

Here I be! :sunburn:

Will definitly be making the Con. Still need to get Friday off from work, but should be no problem. Anyone registered in advance yet?

This is gonna be interesting; I've attended several SF cons at this venue but not an anime one yet, and also quilt shows come March so the worlds are going to collide! :rolleyes: There's a nice area with patches of grass, small trees and columns by the Hotel door; it's sure to attract photo shoots. The airport being across the street doesn't make for a lot of places to walk to, plus I'm certain the security there would take a dim view of Harkonnens! Will scope out more with Nat next weekend.

Natchan
11-29-2007, 11:31 PM
Hellsing Agent pilots the Blackbird in a mad plummet, spikey bats drawn along in its wake, then... Lands daintily at Burbank Airport! :p

Will definitly be making the Con. Still need to get Friday off from work, but should be no problem. Anyone registered in advance yet?

This is gonna be interesting; I've attended several SF cons at this venue but not an anime one yet, and also quilt shows come March so the worlds are going to collide! :rolleyes: There's a nice area with patches of grass, small trees and columns by the Hotel door; it's sure to attract photo shoots. The airport being across the street doesn't make for a lot of places to walk to, plus I'm certain the security there would take a dim view of Harkonnens! Will scope out more with Nat next weekend.

Oo Oo Oo I registered like two months ago! Woohoo!

Hellsing Agent
12-04-2007, 05:37 PM
OK - Have arranged a sub. to work for me on 1/4, so good to go! :thumbsup:

I also am off Thursday, so that's buena too for greeting The No Life Kings arriving from out of town!

My Idea Mill has kicked in and will try to have Fur Coat Alucard ready for the con. Can't be too hard to find a black coat with white or grey fur collar & cuffs during December! Source manga art is black n' white, but have a cool idea for a red necktie with red embroidery on it, so tone-on-tone in a creepy style (as you know, I'm all about the creepy! :sunburn: )

Natchan
12-04-2007, 06:54 PM

I also am off Thursday, so that's buena too for greeting The No Life Kings arriving from out of town!

My Idea Mill has kicked in and will try to have Fur Coat Alucard ready for the con. Can't be too hard to find a black coat with white or grey fur collar & cuffs during December! Source manga art is black n' white, but have a cool idea for a red necktie with red embroidery on it, so tone-on-tone in a creepy style (as you know, I'm all about the creepy! :sunburn: )

Oooo tone -on- tone embroidered tie... that sounds promising!

missrelena
12-04-2007, 06:55 PM

That sounds awesome! Much luck to you on finding your fuzzy coat. . . I don't think it will be too difficult, but luck anyway! I can't wait to see it! (And you, of course!)

Yay for getting work off! That's the worst part of con season for me. . . other than last-minute cosplay sewing binges. :bigcry:

Hellsing Agent
12-06-2007, 12:45 AM
Also going to ferret out a black wig. Depending on what I find, may see if Joseph our hairguy would take on styling it. I hearby ask all to fill me in with stories & cautionary tips re:wiggage! :)

missrelena
12-06-2007, 11:40 AM
I hearby ask all to fill me in with stories & cautionary tips re:wiggage! :)

Never use hot rollers or a curling iron. . . massive meltage! (And it smells REALLY bad, too.) A gal in a costume shop I worked in did it, and we couldn't get the smell out of the shop for weeks!

Make sure to use a wig brush and not a normal hair brush. Regular brushes rip the hair out of the wig and snap the hairs like split ends, only worse.

Also, unless you have a real-hair wig (those cost $$$$), don't use shampoo to wash it. Big mess! All the shops I've worked in use fabric softener -- believe it or not.

Hope that helps!:angel:

Hellsing Agent
12-07-2007, 01:25 AM
WOW MissRelena! I'm glad I asked; I had no clue about any of that! There are a couple of theatrical places and hair/nails/beauty shops nearby I can scope out for wigs that will probably also have the proper brushes.

Meanlilkitty
12-07-2007, 02:27 PM

Well, we're in a new hotel this year, so I don't know if we're so close to the airport this time. I haven't checked out the new location, so I don't really know...

Natchan
12-07-2007, 03:27 PM
The airport is across the street. Thats how close!

rane
12-08-2007, 06:56 PM
I'm gonna go! Packin' Dark Walter and flashback Vlad. :) Will try to get my ticket and my pass this weekend!

Meanlilkitty
12-09-2007, 11:44 AM
Damn that sucks. I was hoping since we moved we'd be far away enough from the airport. Well, at least I've finished my Blood Seras, so I'm not required to have the Harconnen XP

Oh, and BTW Rane, I thought you were cutting down on the cons, lol. It'll be good to see ya again!

rane
12-09-2007, 07:14 PM
I am, I just keep adding one more! lol I just have too many loose ends to tie up. After this, my last anime con will probably be whatever con Hirano apepars at this year. I wish they announced that more in advance!

Meanlilkitty
12-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Yeah, I completely missed everyone at AX due to the stupid registration line on Fri. Damn it all if that wasn't like the only panel I was interested in. I wanna get my Harconnen signed! I wonder if I could make a better one soon enough for the next one?

missrelena
12-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Yay! Rane is coming! SO HAPPY!:angel:

Natchan
12-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Hey guys I got some location pics! I'll let you know as soon as they're up!

Breeface
12-12-2007, 03:35 AM
I'm bringin Rip Van Winkle~ :>

Good greif RANE IS GOING TO ALA. RAANNNEE. I am bringing my young Walter cosplay...just to friggin rock Walter with you. <3

tsumikuroi
12-12-2007, 04:31 AM
Anyone up for a tally of how many Walters there are going to be here? *deeply amused*

Mizu angel
12-12-2007, 12:08 PM
*Black puddle suddenly appears and reforms into...MIZU!!!*

Better add one more Walter to the mix cuz THE MIZU IS HERE XD

If i can get a ride on Friday then I'll be coming as Walter (old Walter btw cuz old guys rock : D)

.....oh yea. and the Chibi will also be coming as Young Integra as well

^_o

Natchan
12-12-2007, 12:45 PM
Wow... Walters coming out of the woodwork no? I wish I could say that my Walter was coming, but hes not available for this con.

tsumikuroi
12-12-2007, 12:51 PM
Heh.

*then sighs a little* Okay, boys, how many packages of cigs do I have to bring? Or are you all prepped for your nicotine fixes? And who's taking care of Integra-sama's cigarillos?

missrelena
12-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Yay for Walters! (Not that they would have anything to do with Maxwell -- they have better taste than that, but I'm happy all the same.)

I hate to be a nag, but we REALLY need to pick a place for the gathering to be before Friday so it can be posted in the Con program and the posters. Natchan said she has pics of a few places, and there is a photo gathering area with backdrops and such. At least (with the exception of the Serasi and Schrodingers, we won't freeze with all the layers we have to wear if we end up outside.)

So, where are we doing this?

Tearatone
12-13-2007, 01:37 AM

Good greif RANE IS GOING TO ALA. RAANNNEE. I am bringing my young Walter cosplay...just to friggin rock Walter with you. <3

Yay Bree! Finish them off!

tsumikuroi
12-13-2007, 01:45 AM
Yay for Walters! (Not that they would have anything to do with Maxwell -- they have better taste than that, but I'm happy all the same.)

I hate to be a nag, but we REALLY need to pick a place for the gathering to be before Friday so it can be posted in the Con program and the posters. Natchan said she has pis of a few places, and there is a photo gathering area with backdrops and such. At least (with the exception of the Serasi and Schrodingers, we won't freeze with all the layers we have to wear if we end up outside.)

So, where are we doing this?

I bow to the judgment of those more knowledgeable.

rane
12-13-2007, 06:54 AM

AWESOME, Bree! XD I'm all about a giant pile of Walter hotness. The more, the merrier! XD

Mizu angel
12-13-2007, 08:56 PM
I bow to the judgment of those more knowledgeable.

I second that.

Can anyone post pics of potential spots maybe?

Natchan
12-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Can anyone post pics of potential spots maybe?

I'm working on it.... I'll try and do it tonight so they'll be up by tomorrow. Warning though... there isn't a ton of locations.

tsumikuroi
12-13-2007, 10:51 PM
Well, we better hurry because the deadline for turning in info is tomorrow... /MissObvious.

Natchan
12-14-2007, 02:09 AM
Okay sorry about the last minute guys! I kinda totally forgot there was a deadline! Here ya go!

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=98770&member=26798

And if we don't like any of those spots, we could look into using the cons offcial gathering/photo spot.

missrelena
12-14-2007, 01:11 PM
Yay for pictures! BTW, the place between the hotel and the con center is called the Academy Quad. The official photo gathering place will be just on the other side of those windows you can see in the quad pics. . . but inside. We can even reserve the photo gathering place, but in 1/2 hour blocks. (I found this all out when I was scheduling the Ouran Gathering) To reserve it, all you have to do is post that we want to use it for our gathering along with the day and time here (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=129038).

I hope some of my blathering helps!

That said, I vote for either the photo gathering place inside or the ivy-wall corner by the entrance.

Natchan
12-14-2007, 06:28 PM
Okay so, I'm thinking we can just meet in the academy quad. I figure we can work pretty well as group as far as where we actually take the pictures. We can meet and make photo decisions there. So 5:30pm on Friday in the Academy Quad!

Mizu angel
12-16-2007, 07:23 PM
im up for the Quad too

Natchan
12-17-2007, 12:50 AM
Good, beacause I had to make a decision... it was due on Friday!

Hellsing Agent
12-17-2007, 02:37 PM
Fur Coat Card Update: Due to the wonders of eBay, have a fox fur collar coming shortly, also scraps of fox fur to make furry coat cuffs. Still scoping out black coats (used or new) to attach them to. I have a back-up tie in case I don't have time to make the red tie I planned. Also looking into making not-embroidered gloves to tide me over for a couple of months. Will wear my RioCard suit, still need to get a black wig.

missrelena
12-17-2007, 06:51 PM
For wigs, I've always had tons of luck with Cosworx.com (shameless plug) Their prices are reasonable, and the wigs are a great quality. Just a suggestion. . . I know you have a ton more local wig shops than I do, but if you're thinking of ordering over the internet, that's where I would go!:)

Yay for finding a collar! Go Ebay!

Hellsing Agent
12-19-2007, 01:35 AM
I may well check them out as well, Miss R.

Decided to lay off the coat snooping until the fur collar arrives so I can match it to the coat better (what a concept! :geek: )

Finally got a serger! :bigtu: Hoping to not be like most of the folks I know and actually use it often enough to retain my skills, once I develope some! We get many a person whining that they've forgotton how to thread them.

Breeface
12-19-2007, 02:33 AM
Well strike Walter for me. I am going to ALA with like 4 other people in one car I believe SO....I need to cut down on what I am bringing so I don't have to bring a big suitcase.
So just Rip is coming with me now.
I'll have to do Walter rompping with Rane some other time I guess ;o;

Sir_Integra
12-20-2007, 07:37 AM
Umm...Hopefully I will be attending as well. If plane tickets aren't outragous. So Nat and peeps...I will be tailing along behind you guys if I do come. He he. *cute face*

Natchan
12-20-2007, 11:45 AM
Sir Integra: Sweetness! Tickets shouldn't be too much... but I don't know.

YKO Integra is at 40%!

Hellsing Agent
12-20-2007, 11:46 AM
YAY, more Hellsing peeps!
(singing) All we are saying, is give peeps a chance! :toothy:

questionablekri
12-20-2007, 03:49 PM
If you guys don't mind I'm most likely wearing either Zorin or Yumie/Yumiko on Friday (more likely Yumie, because the scyth could be a problem by getting in the way all day.) So I'd like to check out the gathering. :)

missrelena
12-20-2007, 06:35 PM
So I'd like to check out the gathering. :)

Yay! The more the merrier!

Sir_Integra
12-21-2007, 04:34 AM
Yumie huh...This mean I will have to bring my Heinkel. Of cource...my black hair may have to do seeing as how I really want to wait until they put a color to her hair in the OVA before getting a wig for her...but I may cave...

And lets hope the tippers at work have been fairly generous this week. I'm depending on their tips to get my tickets.

hellrazer
12-23-2007, 07:51 PM
C'mon tippers! I'm looking forward to some ranting.

Hellsing Agent
12-24-2007, 11:01 AM
We're holding hope for ya, Sir Integra! :bigtu:

Fur scraps came for coat cuffs, but not quite big enough. I'll either try to get a couple more auctions of scraps or find some already made ones online, though $$ for those. Have a lead on a cool looking coat, but don't know if I can get it in time to add fur.

Natchan
12-24-2007, 11:05 AM
Hey Everyone have a Merry Christmas... or whatever you celebrate! Happy Holidays!

Sir_Integra
12-26-2007, 06:35 AM
C'mon tippers! I'm looking forward to some ranting.

He he he...ranting...It's just so much fun. And the skanks make it so damn easy. Muhahahaha! SKANK! *chuckle*

Ok ok...I've got half of my ticket price, waiting for pay day for the rest and HOPEING with all my might the price goes down. I've been tempted to walk around work with a sign that says "Will starve to get out of town" But I know I'd get weird looks. And I won't starve. But I am tired atm. Ugg...I hate graves...Must sacrafice sleep in order to have something that resembles a life. I hate my boss.

Anywho...MERRY CHRISTMAS!

missrelena
12-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Yay! I got new Maxwell gloves for Christmas! I love my husband! (He thinks I'm weird, but still caters to my cosplay needs!):angel:

hellrazer
12-26-2007, 10:40 PM
Yes, happy holidays all.
I finally got around to start sewing yesterday. Gah! It's coming so fast!

Hellsing Agent
12-27-2007, 03:07 AM
Hope You All had a Happy Hanukkah and a Merry Christmas!
(We do both at our house! :toothy: )

Sir Integra-sama: Starving to get out of town... my poor sleep-deprived brain doesn't know how it would help you for casino people to know that. :confused: But then sometimes I'm easily confused. :eeek:

Latest: Still waiting for 1st furry collar to come, won a 2nd auction for collar & cuffs together but have to pay $ for faster delivery. Duster coat also ordered. Late but still-under-construction Christmas gifts a slight stumbling block to cosplay creation. Also having to work on 12/30 with inventory.

Sir_Integra
12-27-2007, 06:54 AM
Well the property I am working at now may be coming under NEW managment so things may change, and hopefully for the better. I just want to get off graves and yesterday come to find out my manager has told my supervisor that she is not to send me home early for 30 days, and this came about a couple weeks ago due to a punishment for me taking off early alot, even tho I was told that my Leaving early wasn't a problem that they just didn't want me calling in all the time. Not to mention she could have told me no. So why the F*&%ing H@** am I being punished for this? ALUCARD!!! *points finger at bald manager* Make it disappear. NOW!

OK...done ranting.

precious
12-28-2007, 04:16 PM
I'm coming as Integra, and my friend is going to be Seras (either blood or yellow version). I just have to find the right buttons for the suit. @_@

Natchan
12-28-2007, 11:06 PM
I'm coming as Integra, and my friend is going to be Seras (either blood or yellow version). I just have to find the right buttons for the suit. @_@

Yay Precious! We haven't seen you on any of the boards for a while. Glad to see you coming!

Hellsing Agent
12-29-2007, 04:09 PM
Okie dokie - Fox scarf just came in the mail, might be tricky to make it into cuffs, but I'm game! Might wait a couple of days to see if intended collar is going to arrive and use it there if I have to; I gotta have a fur collar, but the cuffs can wait if need be.

Off to the Post Office to pick up my coat! Whee! :bigtu:

tsumikuroi
12-29-2007, 07:12 PM
Yay for finishing my Walter gloves in time! I'm also absurdly pleased about making the rings on each finger prettty darn well if I do say so myself... I've also discovered a new cosplay material: Aluminum tape! Only about 2 dollars at the local discount store.

I just saw Sweeney Todd... and on the way home, I started laughing so hard I almost started crying as I realized that I'm going to look a lot like the Demon Barber of Fleet Street with my Walter costume... thanks to the elbow length "blood stains" on my shirt.

Hazel Chaz
12-30-2007, 01:13 AM
Okay so, I'm thinking we can just meet in the academy quad. I figure we can work pretty well as group as far as where we actually take the pictures. We can meet and make photo decisions there. So 5:30pm on Friday in the Academy Quad!

... in the cold and dark? I'm working on getting the grids ready to go online. Do you want to consider relocating inside to the Photo Gathering Area, where we'll have lights and backdrops?

Natchan
12-30-2007, 01:37 AM
... in the cold and dark? I'm working on getting the grids ready to go online. Do you want to consider relocating inside to the Photo Gathering Area, where we'll have lights and backdrops?

We were just gonna meet there... but if everyone else want to meet at the photo area thats fine to. But we might be taking pics outside anyway.... more hellsingy.

Mizu angel
12-30-2007, 07:12 PM
*jumps in with floss attack*
XD Walter is almost done!!!!

Just need to find a red or black tie O.o any suggestions? (or maybe the awsome stripped one...hm...)

yay!!! ALA is this weekend! ^_^

tsumikuroi
12-30-2007, 10:42 PM
*jumps in with floss attack*
XD Walter is almost done!!!!

Just need to find a red or black tie O.o any suggestions? (or maybe the awsome stripped one...hm...)

yay!!! ALA is this weekend! ^_^

Yay for floss! XDD Well, technically I'm using nylon office badges...

I'll be showing up with a red tie. It matches all the blood. ;)

hellrazer
12-31-2007, 12:50 AM
We may want to reserve some photo room space. I believe that is an option, so we don't have to compete for space.

Natchan
12-31-2007, 02:14 AM
But... I though it was too late to do that. If we can do it and you all want to that would be cool. I think the space is available at the same time we want so if thats what everyone wants it sounds perfectly fine to me!

missrelena
12-31-2007, 12:42 PM
You can still reserve it, as far as I know. . . it will still say the Academy Quad in the program, though. It shouldn't be too tough for people to figure out the change. You have to go past the Photo Area (if I understand the layout correctly) to get to the quad from the convention.

So excited to see everyone this weekend! Yay! :)

Hellsing Agent
01-02-2008, 10:40 AM
And now for the Jan and Luke Weather Report:

"So brother Jan, what's it looking like for those Hellsing cosplayers way off in Los Angeles?"

"Just like here in Jolly Ol' E., man! Hot & cold running RAIN! Maybe we could get a priest to bless the clouds and take care of Big Red & that Seras hottie?"

"That might be an idea... IF Herr Mayor and the rest of Millennium weren't going to be there too!"

"Yeah... right. Well, they left us to burn, so I say DO THEM ALL!!! Heh heh heh..." (makes Evil Eye sign) :p

That's right, rain of multi-inches predicted, so probably meeting/photos inside is the way to go. If rain photographed better it might be cool & creepy, but not wanting to have sodden cosplay myself.

questionablekri
01-02-2008, 11:13 AM
yeah, rain isn't exactly the best thing for cosplays...especially wigs! (yay I'm getting my yumiko wig today.)

I'm almost done save my collar which just needs to be sewn together and the white fabric wrapped around her waist if I have time. :D

Mizu angel
01-02-2008, 12:00 PM
wow rain huh?

O.o this is my first "winter" con. @_@ im used to being boiled alive in multi layers of cosplay! and the one time im not doing so many (walter with just a shirt and vest) it rains! xD lol

Hellsing Agent
01-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Scoops up Thread, sets it lovingly on 1st page...

Howdy!

The coat I ordered finally arrived, but is lighter weight than I thought, plus fits a little tight. Might skip the coat for my suit and keep the topcoat buttoned? Still need to baste on secondary fur collar (1st pick still hasn't arrived). Ooh! Gotta wash gloves! (hurries off)

tsumikuroi
01-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Coffin is not cooperating. Cannot shoot coffin lest Girlycard comes after me. Besides, not armed with gun. Master Arthur said something about complications. Will not destroy coffin for now, even out of spite.

Will cover Coffin with sheet. Maybe with blood splatters. To be cool (and to remember high school Forensics class) and to add to ambience. Going off to apply more blood stains to shirt and vest.

Meanlilkitty
01-07-2008, 12:46 AM
Hey everybody, I just wanted to congradulate a great gathering and some fabulous costumes! I was really surprised to see so many of us at such a small con! Lol, we had Seras in every color, it was great! Not to mention finally getting to do a death scene with Pip...Jeez, I haven't gotten to do that in two years, and that was back when my blue outfit was still crap and I didn't have a wig, lol.
I was happy to see some familier faces and made some new friends. I hope to see you all in future gatherings! Hopefully the Spring gathering for those who live nearby?

missrelena
01-08-2008, 07:52 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone! The gathering was so much fun! (I hope no one was put out by my bossy Maxwell-ness. Picture the image -- Maxwell telling several Integras what to do. . . and they actually did it! Weird! I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes!) I didn't get many pics of the gathering, so if anyone else did, please let me know!:crylaugh:

Hellsing Agent
01-11-2008, 12:56 AM
Many thanks to all for a GREAT con & fun photo shoots! :bigtu:

Danny's pics are up on PhotoBucket via his blog:

http://www.barercave.blogspot.com/

Just click on the photograph link of Patrick Seitz & company!

Sir_Integra
01-13-2008, 12:13 AM
Thank you Amy!

rane
01-13-2008, 10:20 AM
Thanks, Amy and everyone! It was an awesome con and a great Hellsing gathering! :)

Natchan
01-14-2008, 01:48 AM
Yeah that really was an awsome con/gathering I hope to see you all again next time!