PDA

View Full Version : sorry- another "I need help thinking of a costume thread"

JacksUsername
05-13-2003, 03:20 PM
sorry to make another one, but I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I'm going to be cosplaying as Tidus from FFX for Otakon this year and I'm really hyped for it. I'm getting my hair layered and dyed for the con :) wheee. The problem is, I'm pretty new to anime, so I dont' know that many characters, and I'd like to have costumes for the other days of the con.

I'm wondering...can people give me suggestions for a character I can cosplay as with hair that is similar to Tidus from FFX. I'll probably check out whatever anime or games they are in to see how the character is, so don't worry about personalities. I have a few pics of myself in my gallery to see my body type and see if there any similarities...just match my hair with Tidus's and that's how I'll look

Please help: I'll entertain you if you do :) :juggler:

see? :P

KuroBara
05-13-2003, 03:34 PM
Which other series and games do you like? You don't need multiple costumes, some people wear one costume for more than one day of the con. (Just make sure it doesn't get stinky). Your hat pictures bring Joji / George from Paradise Kiss to mind, but his hair is blue.

JacksUsername
05-13-2003, 04:49 PM
hehe, yeah, I'm a little nervous of dying my hair, because I've never done it, but I don't know if I'd be able to style a wig like his hair or how it would look. (i've never worked with wigs yet)

I usually like outgoing characters more and a little comedic, I follow Kare Kano, Chobits, the Final fantasy series etc, but right now, I'm just looking for any suggestions that might come close to Tidus's hair. hehe, I've been drawing a blank too,

Michi
05-13-2003, 05:30 PM
If you spiked it up you could be Uzumaki Naruto from Naruto. ^_^; Faust VIII from Shaman King sorta has hair like that. *scratches head* Zell Dincht from Final Fantasy VIII, too.. and if you kept it down and not all out like Tidus, I guess it could fit Zidane Tribal from Final Fantasy IX. Umm... Raphael from Soul Calibur 2? Sakazaki Ryo from Art of Fighting/King of Fighters? Link from The Legend of Zelda?! I really dunno. ^^;

Menchi
05-13-2003, 06:51 PM
hmmm i dont know if ya have seen this sho before or not (most havent heard of it btw) but go as asano-kun from junni kokki he is outgoing sharply dress a kinda amusing when hes in good spirits ^^

JacksUsername
05-14-2003, 12:55 PM
Hmm

Menchi: I tried doing a quick search through yahoo and google for some pics but didn't have much luck...you don't any links or sites to get info on that character do you?

Michi: Thanks, there's a few really good suggestions in there. I'd love to do Zell, but wiht the length my hair will be in the back I don't think it'd turn out to well. I could always slick it back to, and try to pull off Cid Highwind.. Raphael from Soul Caliber looks the closest so far and he seems pretty cool, so I'm going to do a little research on him. Thanks!

If anyone else has any suggestions or knows of any characters, please let me know! :)

jade_dragon
05-14-2003, 02:52 PM
theres also that new tidus look alike in ffx2 :p

yuffieleonheart
05-14-2003, 03:23 PM
blonde squall XD hmmmm well shuin? lol ^_^ meh.. drawing a blank.. how about vash?

Vashu
05-14-2003, 10:40 PM
locke, from final fantasy 5/6/the one with Celes, Terra and Shadow

XxShivaxX
05-18-2003, 12:37 PM
you could also do seifer from FFVIII...his hair is blond too... ^_^

JacksUsername
05-20-2003, 06:33 PM
Ouuuuuuu...really good suggestions.

I had seen Locke and was wondering about him...so I'm going to gather some info, but it looks pretty complex, so I might do him if I have the time.

Seifer is another one that would be ok, because his hair is almost spiked/slicked back, so length of hair wouldn't be too bad on that one either.

Thanks everyone, I think there's enough suggestions to throw around for awhile. I was also thinking of Tony from Xenosaga for a simple costume.

number18
05-20-2003, 10:31 PM
hmm....it's a shame. I almost think we could do costumes together, Jacks...but I'm not into FF that much and like you, I have no friggan idea who to cosplay next besides #18. There is no one I like THAT much yet or have thought about making the pieces for the costume (still struggling with maybe being Caska or no...but egh).

And I like your hair the way it is. It is quite nice. ^^ Get a wig!

BabiiYunie
05-24-2003, 06:05 AM
Well jacks if ur tidus is just for a day (fri/sat) u can dye it after u've finished, Blonde dyes easily o.o

makonurikoryoko
05-24-2003, 12:37 PM
lol ^_^ Ill help you sye it back! as for other blonds umm isnt hideaki blond? form kare kano. You can cover yourself in sheep XD kawaii

TheLoneWolf
05-24-2003, 06:51 PM
Rock Howard from Garou: Mark of The Wolves?
Kaede from Last Blade 2?