PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy Bebop group/photoshoot at Otakon?

Pages : [1] 2

Luna Selene
05-13-2003, 03:27 PM
I don't know if this has been suggested yet, I'm a bit new at cosplay.com...But if anyone is interested in getting together for a Cowboy Bebop photoshoot, I plan on bringing burgundy turtleneck version of Julia with me, despite the heat. (Yes, I know now to stay indoors during the majority of Otakon!)

So..erm...if you're interested, just give me a reply back here or send me a PM or IM, either through here or AOL/AIM. If enough people express some interest, maybe we can plan a shoot? ^_^

Thought I'd at least ask in advance...and if any of you are attending Anime Central as well, I'll be running around with a large Bebop group there, too.

Kaede
05-18-2003, 05:09 PM
I'm pretty sure that I'll be bringing my Spike to Otakon, so count me in

Silly_Kitsune
05-18-2003, 05:45 PM
I have an Ed costume, so I could show up too ^^

Luna Selene
05-18-2003, 07:43 PM
heh...be careful if you go as Spike...It'll be glomp city :P

We might have my Vicious from ACen coming...they'll know in a month or so. I might have to make anoter variation of my Julia costume too...due to constant joke cracking this past weekend. Yeah.

Still having Anime Central hangover...

Raine
05-18-2003, 08:50 PM
I could do a Faye if anyone wants..

Luna Selene
05-19-2003, 03:11 PM
Hee. Faye would be good. Anyone would be good. We like big photoshoots...especially after ACen. It's just holding poses for ten minutes on a time that I just can't stand after awhile..I can only hug Spike plushie for so long ._.;

Bah...need to work on alternate Julia costume.

and I suppose in the somewhat distant future we can decide on a day/meeting place? I was thinking Saturday, since I'll probably be wearing my Megumi costume for the Battle Royale shoot on Friday...at least..that's when I think it is.

Anyone have good ideas for meeting places? I'm considering that wide, open area past where registration was last year...or downstairs near the main video room or dealer's room.

Kaede
05-19-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Luna Selene
heh...be careful if you go as Spike...It'll be glomp city :P

Hah and beware if you go as Julia *evil flicker in eyes*

Luna Selene
05-19-2003, 11:08 PM
Eep....*hides behind her Vicious* I don't want to die! really!! ^^;;

Heh...AIM me if anyone wants to talk, by the way. I don't feel like spilling all about my 'other' costume here. muwah.

...and why do I have this looming suspicion that I'm the only one who actually likes Julia as a character...^^;

Kaede
05-19-2003, 11:26 PM
*gasps in shock* You've gone back to Vicious! Where's my Jericho...

Luna Selene
05-19-2003, 11:33 PM
I'm a whore. aren't I supposed to be going back and forth? XD

Nah. Just kidding. I just lurve my Vicious...but...I was mostly stalking Spikes last weekend. -_-; I feel bad for all those who had the green hair AND the 'fro. Probably had a crazed Julia running after them..

but...erm...*hugs Kaede-mun for good measure*

Why is it so hard to like both Spike AND Vicious..

Bluesummers
05-19-2003, 11:38 PM
//-|-\\ "I'm a syndicate whore!" "And how!"

... :: waves unenthusiastically :: And I'm that Vicious. Can you just FEEL the pain? :: is glomped :: //o|o\\ Ah well.

Weeellll...I just like...Viccy-poo. :: receives odd looks from everyone :: Hence...why I cosplay him at all. Spiku...meep, I don't know what to think of him. Okay - so he as a great body...but that's kinda it. Who the hell swallows a cigarette...? //^|^\\

Kaede
05-19-2003, 11:44 PM
*glomps Vicious, stands up and straightens tie* maybe he gets odds looks because he has a bird on his shoulder?? huh huh? ^^

Luna Selene
05-20-2003, 01:26 AM
I think it's the traditional 'Vicious stare'.

You know, the one that painfully expresses how much he hates himself. everyone else. life.

And yes, Julia is a syndicate whore. This theory shall be proved at Otakon 2k3.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

...especially if you are dressed as Vicious or Spike.

But Bluesummers/Vicious has a point...swallowing cigs is a bit...erm..disgusting ^^;

Raine
05-20-2003, 09:33 PM
I'll see if I can pull off a Faye in time. Well, it doesn't cover THAT much, so.. should be cheap, eh? I meant cost-wise... for the fabric ><;;

I like Julia as a character...well, somewhat.. kinda... sorta.. maybe a little...

Luna Selene
05-21-2003, 10:16 AM
I guess it depends what you're gonna make it out of, Raine. Are you going to attempt the yellow vinyl way of going about it or what?

Eh, and Julia isn't for everyone, obviously. I just think there was more to her then what the show initially presented her with. That's probably why most think she's just a whore and nothing else. Oh well. And I usually don't like the less-important characters...

Why the heck is Ota still far away. Almost three months. That's sufficient time to finish one new costume...-_-;

Maybe if they just announced more stuff I'd feel more excited for it, I don't know :\

Raine
05-21-2003, 08:23 PM
I'm not sure what to make it out of.. hmm.. yes, yellow vinyl is a possibility. It'd be a helluva lot better than leather in August! Then again, to a florodian such as I, this is as far north as it gets, so umm.. it gets HOT there, right?

Luna Selene
05-21-2003, 08:27 PM
Have you never been to Otakon before?

If not, yes, it gets VERY hot there. Last summer I wore black Jeans with an outfit, and I was sweating. More from humidity then anything else...but this year, I too am wearing vinyl shorts, as well as a longsleeved leotard top with them. I just hope I don't fry...

The best things I can reccommend is stay inside the con center as much as you can, and bring water, if you aren't flying in. It's really expensive (just like all other Aramark food in the BCC) at the con, as well as in the hotels ^^;

I'd say, if you want that real authentic Faye look, go for the yellow vinyl. Cause you won't be wearing too much of it, but if you want your Faye costume to be based solely on comfort, I'd opt for another material. Really, it's how much you can stand and how long you think you'll be in the outfit.

Hope this helps a little? If anyone has any Otakon questions...post em here too? I can answer those! :D

Raine
05-22-2003, 10:10 PM
Nope, I've only been to one con before, and it was hella fun!

Hmm... I want to be as realistic as possible in this. I'm sure I'll be able to stand it. I've been in the heat all my life. Just gotta deal with it eh? Well, at least vinyl is thinner than leather!

Luna Selene
05-22-2003, 10:15 PM
True. :D What con was it? Just interested. I've been only to Otakon 2002 and Anime Central 2003.

I'd just bring...plenty of water. maybe even one of those squirt fan things.

Hee. and I love your Icon by the way, Raine-mun. Hee. Helmets are cool?

Oh, and on the topic of con comfort...if you're not in an adjoining hotel, you'll be doing some walking. your feet WILL get worn out. What I'm doing is just bringing a pair of basic sandals to walk over there in, and change into my Julia boots when I get there. Try to save my feet just a little from the abuse! ^^;;

Raine
05-23-2003, 07:17 PM
Hehe ^^;; Yes, helmets are very cool. That was actually taken at my only con so far, MegaCon. That actually belongs to Martini Gendo. He and Fuuyutsuki(I hope that's how you spell it) had just put on a little show type thing.. very funny. It included him and a soda machine doing some inaproppriate things. I just sort if stole it when it fell off and got a picture or two with me in it.

God, I talk a lot. I just got some new sandals today, so.. hmm.. I guess I'll wear those for walking. But right now it does look like I'm gunna be staying at the Marriott.

Luna Selene
05-25-2003, 07:04 PM
Okay, since I've had questions, the shoot will take place on Saturday. Times and meeting places aren't definite, but for sure, it'll be Saturday. I'll be wearing two different Julia outfits that day, so it'll just be whichever one I'm in at the time of the shoot XD Anyone else wanna confirm that they'll for sure be there in their costume? I already know that it isn't a definite yet for Viccy-poo...

Argh. I should spend more time on finals then cosplay right now :\

Raine
05-26-2003, 12:08 AM
I'll be in the costume whenever the shoot is... :)

Ranma Saotome
05-26-2003, 04:15 PM
Count me in as another Spike! :)

Luna Selene
05-27-2003, 01:38 PM
Heh...I don't think we'll mind repeats of characters ^_^ The bigger shoot, the better!

I'll be able to figure out more of meeting times and places next week, when I finish the evil of the final exams.

Raine
05-29-2003, 02:16 PM
Gah... sorry all, but I don't think I have enough time for this.. I couldn't get the costume done in time with all the other things I have to do. Sorrryyyyyyy ;-;

Luna Selene
06-01-2003, 01:33 PM
Eh..It's okay...I'm just sorry I couldn't get to this till now -_-

Well, anyone else out there willing to cosplay Faye? If anything else...we can always track one down at the con...There's usually at least one for Saturday, right?

By the way, if anyone else has conflicting times for that Saturday, please post them here! I'll try to schedule the shoot on a time away from conflicts ^_^

Kaede
06-02-2003, 06:08 PM
Before or after 1:30 would be nice, that's the Angel Sanctuary group time

Luna Selene
06-02-2003, 07:24 PM
Okay then...how about sometime between 2-3 PM? Does anyone have a specific meeting spot that would be convenient? If not, I was thinking that sort of large forum area past where registration was last year, or downstairs near video room 1, the sort of large, tiled area.

FF9Garnet85
06-03-2003, 07:09 PM
Um....I'm doing Faye's Evening Gown

Kaede
06-03-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by FF9Garnet85
Perfect. I'm doing Spike's "Angels" church attire

FF9Garnet85
06-03-2003, 07:21 PM
Great...........!!!!!!!!

Silly_Kitsune
06-03-2003, 10:13 PM
Isn't the cosplay.com shoot aroun that time?

Luna Selene
06-04-2003, 08:06 PM
If it is, please tell me and I can change the time.

Does anyone else have conflicts?

FF9Garnet85
06-04-2003, 08:09 PM
I have no conflicts and will bring my Ein Plushie

Luna Selene
06-04-2003, 08:11 PM
Ah, awesome. I don't need to bring mine then >D Just my Spike plush.

Is after 3 PM then good with everyone? around 3-3:30 ish? I'll be walking around as Julia all day, either in Real Folk Blues version or Vinyl with silver chain belt version. Don't be afraid to track me down. >D

Kaede
06-04-2003, 08:29 PM
Sounds good. But does anyone know what time the cosplay.com shoot is? I've heard so many times and they all conflict with one thing or another.

FF9Garnet85
06-05-2003, 03:21 PM
Look for my sign.....It will say my username on it!

Luna Selene
06-07-2003, 09:38 AM
Hmm..a sign...that's a good idea..

It'll be too large to pack in a suitcase, though. But I'll look for you, Garnet!

I'm going to decide on a place for the shoot later today...really.

Ginnychan
06-07-2003, 09:55 AM
Hey everyone! Long time cosplayer, long time con goer, so I figured it's about time I stopped lurking around these boards and joined in! ::waves to Luna::

For Otakon, I will cosplay Faye in her yellow outfit (which, if you've seen me before in it, will be completely remade...it's looking pretty awesome if I do say so myself...so far) and Faye in her Ballad of Fallen Angels gown. FF9Garnet85, which evening gown are you doing? She has three in the TV series, and as of right now it looks like I'll be wearing Ballad on Saturday...But I could always change into my yellow one if we need it.

Also, my boyfriend Monty will be dressed as Vicious (and will probably have me in handcuffs :D), and my friend Meil as Julia. I do know the Vicious Luna has lined up is also very good...so there will be much Vicious yumminess ;) And I know that Ranma-Adam will make a very sexy Spike! ;)

Oh yes..and I'll bring my Ein plushie..which is actually a Welsh Corgi plush I got off e-bay, with a red collar and a license that says "Ein Return To Faye Valentine" from Petco.

The time doesn't really conflict with me...but, well, we won't really know that for sure till we get the con program. Ah well, hopefully there'll be nothing.

Ginnychan
06-07-2003, 10:01 AM

In case you don't catch my other reply, which evening gown? She's got three in the TV series. I'm doing the one featured in Ballad of Fallen Angels (the one with the low v-cut in the front and the sea-foam green jacket.) If it's a repeat outfit, and/or we don't find a yellow Faye, though, I'd be happy to change into my yellow attire.

Ginnychan
06-07-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Kaede
Perfect. I'm doing Spike's "Angels" church attire

Oooh with the trenchcoat and such? You'll have to pose with my boyfriend (Vicious!) and do the famous church pose.

Also, if you wouldn't mind posing with another Faye in a dress...:)

Silly_Kitsune
06-07-2003, 12:14 PM
Oh darn, I can't do this photoshoot, I gots my FF8 one at that time. Oh well. I'll stop by for some pictures, and if anyone will be wearing their Cowboy Bebop costumes earlier on Saturday or Sunday, I'll be wearing my Ed then ^^ I'll def stop by sometime for pictures though!!!!

Luna Selene
06-07-2003, 12:17 PM
I'll be wearing at least one version of Julia all day Saturday...probably two, once I get bored with the first one.

As for the meeting place, I think the Charles St. Lobby on the ground floor sounds like a decent place, since it's a bit spread out but not off so far that no one will see us.

Any comments/Suggestions? If not, then at least for right now, the time will be 3-3:30 in the Charles St. Lobby on Saturday.

Silly_Kitsune
06-07-2003, 12:41 PM
I will track you down for a picture, Luna ^^

Luna Selene
06-07-2003, 12:43 PM
*ph33rs the Kitsune stalkage? >D*

Nah, that's just fine. I'll probably be the only Julia with a Spike plushie...>.>; *mighty protective of that plush* It got more hugs and pictures then I did ._.;;

FF9Garnet85
06-07-2003, 03:56 PM
Okay...I'm doing the Maroon/Wine colored one....I dont quite know the episode.....

Ginnychan
06-07-2003, 04:06 PM
Okay...I'm doing the Maroon/Wine colored one....I dont quite know the episode.....

Does it have the v-cut in the front, slit up the side, and a string going around the neck "halter top" style? That's the one from Ballad that I'm doing, and it's maroon-ish

There's also the strapless one that goes down to the floor from My Funny Valentine...But I forget the color...It mighta been "wine".

FF9Garnet85
06-07-2003, 08:14 PM
There's also the strapless one that goes down to the floor from My Funny Valentine...But I forget the color...It mighta been "wine". [/B][/QUOTE] :devil: thats the one!

Luna Selene
06-08-2003, 08:26 PM
I've never seen that one done yet, Garnet..Should be interesting ^_^

Now someone just needs to make Faye's purple dress from Cowboy Funk and we'll have a nice assortment of nicely dressed Fayes! >D

I'm already too hyper for Otakon...but...while I'm at it, I'm gonna say it again.

Does anyone have conflicts/ideas/suggestions for the shoot to be held in the Charles St. Lobby, 3-3:30 on Saturday, BESIDES the people who have already posted conflicts? If anyone has any constructive feedback to this, post it here please!

Ginnychan
06-08-2003, 08:39 PM
My only thing is the Anime Idol (not Otaku Idol) contest...the one for voice acting. I dunno when that is, but I HAVE to go to that....Hopefully it won't be at the same time as anything else.

Luna Selene
06-08-2003, 08:42 PM
I think Otaku Idol would only make us wish we had earplugs.

Damn, I wish I was eighteen.

But then of course...I'd be bugging BanDai...about redoing Julia's voice >D

Kaede
06-08-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Ginnychan
Oooh with the trenchcoat and such? You'll have to pose with my boyfriend (Vicious!) and do the famous church pose.

Also, if you wouldn't mind posing with another Faye in a dress...:)
Sure thing

Ranma Saotome
06-09-2003, 02:01 PM
Mental note: Make final revisions to Spike's jacket.

Luna Selene
07-04-2003, 06:44 PM
For anyone who hasn't seen this, the meeting/photoshoot is as follows:

Saturday, 3-3:30, downstairs fountain.

Be there. :P

This'll get randomly updated if need be before Otakon..just..wanted everyone to see this now.

Kaede
07-04-2003, 10:39 PM
*sigh* it's physically not possible for me to make the shoot, so I unfortunately won't be joining you guys. Get lots of pics taken for me though ^^

Luna Selene
07-05-2003, 02:46 AM
Well, it was pretty much the only time I could get that wasn't taken up by a ton of other shoots...pretty much, it should be right after the cosplay.com pics though. I tried to ask everyone what times were convenient before deciding, but no one replied. :(

So if you want a change in time and really want to come, PLEASE list what times are good for you! I've only got this shoot and the cosplay.com shoot that Saturday, so I'm rather flexible.

Post, please!

FF9Garnet85
07-05-2003, 11:32 AM
Sadly i will not be maing the dress i had planned...i will be doing an original faye instead!

Luna Selene
07-05-2003, 12:54 PM
That should be okay...just as long as you can still make the shoot. Too many people are dropping out as is...:(

-.0 I'm disturbed enough as is. I'm supposed to be going to disneyland with a summer study group today (Highschoolers taking UCLA classes) and we're driving RIGHT by AX. ;-; sadly, I'm one student out of 400 that likes anime...

...I'm starting to think people are stupid here. This isn't going to be a good day.

Ali
07-07-2003, 12:09 AM
Well, I'm going to be doing my Julia catsuit on Saturday... and I'll try to make the shoot!
The thing is, I'm working in the dealer's room to pay my way for this con, and I'm already leaving to enter in the costume contest... Maybe he'll let me off for a half hour.. (hopefully!)

If not, will you all stop by the Anime Pavilion booth and say hi? I love Cowboy Bebop cosplay. It makes me happy.

Oh, and I'll kind of be on my own for the con, so if anyone has anything else going, let me know!

Luna Selene
07-07-2003, 12:13 AM
AH! You were...the pretty Julia from ACen. ;-; I saw you..gah, I was so envious. My catsuit nor I will not be as near as good. But..I'm doing the silver belt outfit...so at least there will be variation. I'll definetely stop by, since I'll be on my own as well...if you aren't afraid of rabid fanpeople. ^^; I just loved your costume! I was the trenchcoat Julia from the rather large, rather nuts Bebop group from ACen. Yep. Not wearing a wig this time...liking the blond highlights now.

Anyways, point of all this - Love the Julia costume!

Kaede
07-09-2003, 01:30 PM
Yey disregard what I said earlier, I can make the shoot! I get to accessorize too, I'll be bringing the rose, Jericho, cigarette, and my broken heart ^^;;

Archelon
07-09-2003, 03:31 PM
Hey, as long as no one minds yet another Spike, I'd like to take part in the photoshoot if that's okay. I highly doubt I'll be a good Spike, but I'm still going to at least try. Just thought I'd let you all know.

Luna Selene
07-09-2003, 03:39 PM
Hee, Ali and I might have to attack you for that rose, Kaede...>D speaking of guns, I still need to get a decent toy one...

And We don't mind more Spikes at all! I actually sort of figured we'd have more Spikes then anything else...Just show up in the proper place at the proper time, or just look for a ton of Bebop chars. I know that Saturday I'll probably be walking around with a Faye, and perhaps an Ed as well.

The more participants, the better!

Archelon
07-09-2003, 03:53 PM
Okay, thanks. Yeah, I need to find a toy gun too. I had the perfect CO2 pistol to use, but stupid weapons policy! Kaede, where can I find a Jericho pistol to use? I have the real thing, but obviously, I can't bring it with me. x_x

Luna Selene
07-09-2003, 03:57 PM
They used to have a few decent toy pistols on ebay...but alas.. Luna was stupid and didn't buy one when she saw one. -_- I'll try searching again today. Julia needs a gun here ;-;

And just for the fun of it...the total character tally so far!: Two Fayes, a Vicious, an Ed, two Julias, and four spikes. and a partridge in a pear tree. Oh wait, wrong season.

Oh, and an Ein and Spike plushie. >D knew there was SOMETHING I was forgetting...

Archelon
07-09-2003, 04:04 PM
Four Spikes. Yikes. Oh yeah, about an earlier post, I think Julia is one of the best characters in CB. She's not the mail-order whore that everyone seems to think she is. She just found someone she loved more than Vicious. That's all.

Luna Selene
07-09-2003, 04:12 PM
I...I think I love you? *glomps Arche-mun* No really...I just know too many people who dispise poor Julia. You're like...the third person I've met that actually likes her. *le sigh* Oh well, if I didn't like her...I wouldn't be making two of her outfits, plus a fan-made creation ^-^;

And if you want my opinion...the more Spikes the better ^^;; *dies* I'm such a fangirl. I should be smacked.

yeah...searching Ebay now. Will post links if I find anything useful.

Archelon
07-09-2003, 04:18 PM
Thanks, really appreciate it. And I guess you just have to be a really devoted fan of CB to understand who Julia really is. Personally, I never really cared for Faye in comparison to Julia. I say "DIE!" to all Spike/Faye fans. *shudders* It's just wrong, I tell you.

Luna Selene
07-09-2003, 04:23 PM
;-; *pets* where have you been all my life?

No really >D I just dislike Spike/Faye. I see them...more..brother/sister then...in love? I actually like Vicious/Faye better....but then again, in some instances, I like Vicious/Julia too. Vicious is just a m4d pimp. Okay, no more ACen jokes. I know >D

I think I've found some orange tip pistols that'll work...there's just one problem. The guy's selling them in twos, one silver, one black. I wanted the black one for my Julia outfit...but I won't need the silver one at all. Is anyone interested in the silver one? All I'd ask for is half of the buy it now price. Shipping I can handle on my own, and I'd bring it to Otakon with me.

I've also realized fanart/fiction is probably my biggest sin now...must stop with the Julia fan stuff. Or just bring it with me, too.

Kaede
07-09-2003, 04:29 PM
I love Gren so much more than Spike, or any other CB char for that matter. He's is so both physically and intellectually appealing--dark and complex, tragic, beautiful. He's like Vicious in a lot ways. I really should cosplay him...
edit: I got my pistol at KBtoys. I also have a "real" Jericho but hah no way I can bring it to the con.

Archelon
07-09-2003, 04:30 PM
I'd take that silver pistol, but because the move, I don't exactly have an address right now. Maybe someone else can use it. And, as far as who Faye should be with, as crazy as it sounds, I always found Jet and Faye more of a likely couple. Yeah, I know it sounds crazy, but if you just watch the show, and even a few parts of the movie, it makes sense. Or maybe I'm just crazy. Most likely the latter. o.o;;;

Luna Selene
07-09-2003, 04:36 PM
Erm...you can still have it if you're willing to pay. I'm saying I'd bring it with me to Otakon and give it to whoever wants/needs it there. And yes, I like Jet/Faye too...but Vicious/Faye better.

In terms. of Vicious and/or Gren cosplay...no one can top my Vicious. I'm sorry...but..he/she be the sexiness. http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=40286&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=2 They can also kill me later for using that >D

Gren might be interesting, though. I've seen like..one, maybe. Just don't forget some chest bindings and sexy poses? Fangirls will be supplied without notice.

Whee...I'm a-going toy pistol shopping... *skip skip*

Archelon
07-09-2003, 04:46 PM
Thanks. I'm gonna have to check KBToys then. Funny, never thought I'd find something like that there. Heh. And you should go as Gren. Spike too. Gren is such a complex character. I love getting into the psyche of the characters on shows I like, especially when they're as multi-dimensional as they are on CB.

Luna Selene
07-09-2003, 05:04 PM
When I checked KBtoys.com...I didn't see too much on it. Thus I went to Ebay :\

By the way, if any of you are going to badge pickup/will be around the con center on Thursday, Aug. 7th, I'll probably going to get my own badge dressed as Real Folk Blues version Julia, and will probably wear that again on sunday. If you guys need purple ribbon for the cosplay.com shoot, or just want to say hi before Saturday, don't be afraid to find/talk to me! I love Bebop fans/cosplayers...too much, almost -.0;

Too much of a wait for Otakon...shouldn't be talking, though. not done with attaching the silver belt to the catsuit yet ^^;

Kaede
07-09-2003, 05:32 PM
Yeah I got it a while ago. But I've been convinced, and thus I'll be going as Gren, tavern version...not shower version ^_- I can still bring my gun if anyone wants to use it.

Luna Selene
07-09-2003, 05:36 PM
Aww...shucks. We just *love* the shower version..>D

But anyways, we'll be happy to have you in any case. And you might want to keep that gun to ward off the fangirls.. or simply use it because Gren *does* have another gun...just in a different outfit. Plus a gun will make you look tough. And tough seemingly acquires more fangirls...ah...the circle of life.

Kaede
07-09-2003, 06:00 PM
Hahah that made me have funny thoughts ^___^ we can use wild animals in place of ships...you know a giraffe in place of the Redtail, cheetas in place of the Swordfish II....*runs away to avoid the rocks*

Luna Selene
07-09-2003, 06:06 PM
But trying to make Spike get INTO a cheetah...>D oh damn. That was just...bad. Bestiality is not good for you, boys and girls x_x then again, neither is my Bebop/Spike/Julia obsession...something like that. Oh well. I doubt I'll be too hard to miss. I'll be the nutter hugging the Spike plushie to death >D Because I seemingly lack a real one to call my own ^-^;;

Archelon
07-09-2003, 08:23 PM
Aww. *pats* I'm sure there will be plenty of "real" Spikes there that would gladly be called your own.

Luna Selene
07-09-2003, 08:33 PM
x_x you'd be surprised...most of them..are like twenty-something. And frankly...I'm not ^^; But ya tend to miss the fun of Otakon if you just concentrate on guys. There's too many other things to do and see! But of course, if you meet that special someone, it isn't a bad thing either.

Bah. I just figured that the time between the Bebop shoot and the time I want to get in/near the line for the masq...will be veeery short. I'm praying that I can run in my insanely heeled boots..

Heh..anyone looking for Bebop merchandise in the dealer's room? After my two artbooks, Ein plush, and various notepad purchases at ACen...I should be burned out on Bebop merchandise >D

But apparently not. Clean doujinshi and those rare 6" figures would be nice to own..very nice if either of them features Julia..^^;

Archelon
07-09-2003, 08:39 PM
I don't go to cons looking for that special someone perse. But hey, ya never know what's going to happen.

Luna Selene
07-09-2003, 08:49 PM
Whee. I usually go to spend money and take pictures. I *occaisionally* can make myself sit through a panel ^^; The AMV contest is always good to watch, however (Anyone remember last year's Rose Rhythms? ^^, loved it), and the masquerade is pretty much classic (Wonder if the guy that proposed to the chair got married..). All in all, if you've never been to Otakon before, you must see Mystery anime theater and the masq, and perhaps a few AMVs. All of those, I've found, are worth it.

And don't get lost in the dealer's room ~_^ it's huge.

But I think this year will be a big year for cosplay pictures then panels and such...unless there's a movie I must see (or see again, like Bebop or Battle Royale).

Too bad I rarely get down to harborplace while at Otakon..I was thinking about heading down there thursday night after getting my badge. It's a pretty cool area near the con with shops and restaurants, right on...*dun dun dun* the harbor. And they usually have glowsticks there. Can't pass up a glowstick.

Archelon
07-09-2003, 09:05 PM
Glowsticks. Absolutely. Rule.

Luna Selene
07-09-2003, 09:35 PM
Hee. I'm not the only one, then? ^^; I brought a bunch to ACen and used them all...I'll have to get more for Otakon. I was the Julia glowstick queen at the Soap Bubble dance >D Heh. We had a whole Bebop raving circle there.

I really am too obsessed, aren't I...

Archelon
07-09-2003, 09:58 PM
Soap Bubble Dance? Dare I even inquire?

Luna Selene
07-09-2003, 10:03 PM
Heh..it was really just a rave that started at 11 and went on till late late at night. the funny thing about all of it was that the fire alarm in the hotel went off during the first hour in, and none of us could hear/notice it. I'm just debating if I want to even TRY and dance in the catsuit, though. I'm afraid I'd burn up in it...but it was fun to rave/dance with a Vicious and a Spike at ACen...at the same time >D We were a big group of friends, mainly doing it for the parodying silliness of it.

Someone will need a straight jacket on hand at the con for me, I swear...ah well. Are Bebop highs a bad thing? ^-^;

Archelon
07-09-2003, 10:11 PM
I guess it depends. And honestly, I think that might be a tad crazy to dance in that catsuit. Unless of course you're trying to lose weight or something like that. You'd probably sweat of at least a few pounds.

Luna Selene
07-09-2003, 10:18 PM
I think I already do that enough out of costume x.x I do a ton of walking, weights, and healthy food each day. Ah well..not as if it's bad for you, or anything. I might just go and check the dance out, if not actually dance myself. And of course, if it's during the masquerade...well...I'm going to the masq. No brainer one there.

Really is only about a month now...really...a month till that Saturday. aka. Bebop day. but who's counting.

Anyone else getting in that Thursday besides me?

Archelon
07-09-2003, 10:57 PM
Wish I could, but sadly, nope.

Luna Selene
07-09-2003, 11:06 PM
Ah well. I was just going to raid harborplace dressed as Julia. No biggie >D

This little thread has life again...makes me so happy *sniffles tears of happiness?*

Yeah. Erm. now pretaining to Bebop cosplay at Otakon...erm...*thinking of what to say* Are any of you heading to the cosplay.com shoot as well dressed as Bebop chars? or just going to the shoot period? If so, I'll run into you all there...that is...if I knew a time/place for it >_< Otherwise I'll probably be running about the dealer's room or watching AMVs. I just won't have patience for a panel on Saturday. Unless, of course, they do a Bebop themed panel, which I doubt. Then I'd have to go ^^;

FF9Garnet85
07-10-2003, 11:11 AM
Sadly i will not be making the dress i had planned...i will be doing an original faye instead!

I'm gonna have to change my costume again...i'm doing a Faye night gown cosplay

Luna Selene
07-10-2003, 12:11 PM
Erm...isn't that from 'My Funny Valentine'? Gah..I'm just trying to remember what instances Faye HAD a nightgown..

I guess if you find some good screenshots it should be okay...I just hope people recognize you ^^;

Bah...midterms today..x.x

Ali
07-10-2003, 12:23 PM
Wow... there are about three more pages to this thread since I was last here. Wow.

Yeah, Julia's awesome (And don't forget to count the cop as a Julia fan, too, Luna! That makes 4!). I also adore Jet's character. That poor guy just never gets any breaks, though, does he? At least he's tough.

As for Spike/Faye pairings... no. That's all.

Oh, and I think I'll be in my Julia all morning/afternoon, including for the cosplay.com shoot, if we ever learn when that is and if I can attend (curse my dealer's room slavery!). I'm hoping to enter the masq in another costume... I just hope they have room for more entries. (Damn prereg deadlines that occured before I knew I was going to the con! Damn them to hell!)

Just don't forget to say hi to me in the dealer's room.

Luna Selene
07-10-2003, 12:32 PM
I did forget about Mr. cop. I just hope there aren't more like him at Otakon...if so..Julia will have to break out the kung fu moves. >D She won't need Spike to fight for her! But still...the photo stalkers they're discussig on the rant board...still sounds scary, since I will be in a catsuit and all. But I have no problem telling those sort of people off XD

I also hope you make it in, Ali...but you really will have to be there RIGHT when they open up. It tends to fill pretty darn fast. And the thing is, at least compared to last year...I saw so much more elaborate costumes in the hallways then onstage walk-ons at the masq.

And we don't need to just say hi to you in the dealer's room...we need to run over screeching like mad pre-teen fangirls >D just kidding.

And of course...if I ever see Spike/Julia doujinshi in the dealer's room, I'll promptly glomp the seller before buying it.

Archelon
07-10-2003, 06:09 PM
Oh yeah, I just had an idea. I'm considering bringing a janitorial jumpsuit with me too for a little variety. I'll still wear the regular suit Spike wears, but I could change into the jumpsuit for some of the pics at the shoot. Just an idea. Course it will only really work if there's an Electra (Elektra?) there.

Luna Selene
07-10-2003, 06:16 PM
Erm, we don't have an Electra for the shoot that we know of right now, but there could very well be one at the con ^^; I'd say bring it anyways, and just put it on if you can find an Electra to do shots with. But of course...a pushbroom would be useful as well..

Any Electras out there want to participate? Same goes for Jets, Vincents, any other character we don't have yet...but repeats of others are okay too ^-^;

I guess it's almost time to start counting down to Ota-time...getting to be under the thirty day mark. And for me, I have three more weeks of course material, fly home the weekend before Ota, finish my costume, and fly back out again. >D American Airlines will know me on a first name basis now...

Archelon
07-10-2003, 06:41 PM
Um, this is gonna be a really stupid question, but I'm still a little new at this. Can you upload your own pictures onto your costumes portion of your profile? Or do they have to be pictures that were on this site already? And if you can upload your own, how do you do it?

Luna Selene
07-10-2003, 06:46 PM
I haven't personally uploaded photos yet (Because I don't have any right now, or a scanner. the photo part, however, will change soon...since I'm getting some photos back), but if you click on the cosplayers section, there should be like a tutorial link on there. if you click it, there should be another link (out of three) that shows up that tells you how to upload things...anyways, just click on the 'cosplayers' tab at the top, and go from there ^-^

Archelon
07-10-2003, 06:50 PM
Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.

Luna Selene
07-10-2003, 08:28 PM
Erm...about the pistol and all...forget what I said earlier. I found another on ebay today that I like much, much more. here is a picture: http://ebay3.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_7468f230217515c515969fc378871519/i-1.JPG

If anyone else is interested in a toy pistol like this and has ebay, just reply to this and/or IM me and I can give you the seller's name, to see if they have any more of them left. Anyways...to comply with Otakon's orange tip policy...I think that'll be the best I'm going to get.

Kaede
07-10-2003, 09:00 PM
Hah the staff are bound to love cap guns ^^
Delayed response, but I'll be getting there on thurs too. I'll get my badge and probably go on some sort of mission/quest/thing but besides that I'll prob be bored *sigh*

Luna Selene
07-10-2003, 09:05 PM
Well, I'm planning on fully leaving all caps at home, and keeping the orange tip in plain sight. If they want, they can, or I can, even glue the tip of it completely shut so nothing can come out of it in the first place....I only need it for posting, not for actually shooting caps.

Whee...feel free to say hi if you see me on Thursday, Kaede-mun. It'll just be myself and my mother...so...even other people who just wave to me will be good ^^

On a completely different note, yay for over 100 posts on this thread.

Archelon
07-10-2003, 09:39 PM
I've got a neon green transluscent Desert Eagle lightgun for the Playstation 1&2. I used it for my Resident Evil 4 Leon costume at Animazement. I figured I could use it for Spike since it's similar to the Jericho, but I wasn't sure because it's much bigger. But I'll say this, if they can't differentiate between that and the real thing, then may God help them.

Ginnychan
07-11-2003, 12:22 AM
I'm gonna have to change my costume again...i'm doing a Faye night gown cosplay

Speaking as someone who makes it her business to know EVERY outfit Faye wears in the series, off hand I can only thing of three night gown type things she wears...The pajama shirt and pants the child Faye wears in Speak like a Child, the pajama shirt and pants young Faye wears in My Funny Valentine, or the greenish bathrobe that she wears on the Bebop in some episodes. Unless I missed something, none of those outfits are very reconizable. The bathrobe *might* be pull off able, but only if the colors were EXACT and you really LOOK like Faye. Which is humanly impossible, Faye is gorgeous but she's so unrealistic ^_^*

My suggestion if you're looking for an easy costume Bebop costume - Why not go as Ed? MAJORLY easy costume there, and I believe you said you had an Ein plushie. Hell, make a tomato out of a cardboard box. That would look better in our group photo shoot then a costume that wouldn't be reconizable.

Just a friendly suggestion! Feel free to go along with whatever you would like, hey for all I know you might be thinking of a completely different nightgown.

Archelon
07-11-2003, 09:51 AM
So just to make sure, the shoot is on Saturday at 3-3:30?

Luna Selene
07-11-2003, 11:37 AM
Mm hm! I purposely made it pretty close after the cosplay.com shoot, and that was one of the few time slots that wasn't taken. There will probably be a bit of a time period (hour, maybe) between both shoots, so if you need to change costumes, you can do that.

3-3:30 is really only a tentative length. If some of us find we want more pictures, we'll probably take more, and run over time. I know I'm planning on visiting the photo booth at Otakon pretty soon after this to get a few dark background poses, and anyone else interested for single or group shots there is welcome to come with me ^-^

Archelon
07-11-2003, 02:03 PM
Well, just so everyone is aware, I'm gonna try to make Leon Kennedy RE2 costume along with my Spike costume. I'll wear the Leon costume on Saturday for the cosplay.com photoshoot and then the following RE photoshoot. The RE photoshoot shouldn't get in the way of the CB one, so I'm gonna try to change into my Spike costume between shoots. But I'll have to see what happens. This was just to keep you all informed.

Archelon
07-12-2003, 10:33 PM
Oh yeah, the only problem I see with changing is the hair. Unless maybe I use a wig. However, I don't think the RE shoot will take too long so I should be able to make it to the CB shoot, fro-ed up and everything.

Kaede
07-12-2003, 11:12 PM
I've only found 1 prestyled wig that I was remotely happy with to use for my Spike cosplay. As luck would have it, it was $112 plus/minus on acewigs.com. Now that I'm looking for a wig for Gren, I'm slowly being driven insane because I can't find the color I want. It's always too black or grey (my rant of the day).
I believe I'll asphixiate after all the sports tape I'll go through on saturday with all the bishies I'm doing ^^;;; But anyways that's great that we've got an hour or so to change after the cosplay.com shoot...I can do some yoga to help my poor back recover from my heavy wings *sigh*
Go fro!

Archelon
07-13-2003, 02:09 PM
Good luck with finding a suitable wig. And I can relate with the heavy wings. While a kevlar vest most likely isn't quite as heavy, after wearing that thing for three days at Animazement, man. That thing seriously cuts into your shoulders.

Luna Selene
07-13-2003, 02:13 PM
Kaede-

Would this be near the color that Gren has? http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2843654278&category=21577

That's just one thing I've found on ebay...I know it's the wrong style and all, but maybe you can find something better?

forget things that are heavy. What about heat exhaustion? x_x I will seriously not be going out of doors on Saturday...it'll just...be fatal to my health.

Kaede
07-13-2003, 03:31 PM
I can't even imagine how hot it can get in a catsuit. My worst experience was velvet and two layers of tights in June.
I found the right wig though! It's 30'' and off-black. Since I have no room to bring "civilian" clothes lol I'll be taking the train in the Gren costume, so you'll probablly see me around in it on thurs, Luna.

Luna Selene
07-13-2003, 03:34 PM
Lovely ^_^ >D Go Julia/Gren huggage? maybe? I was thinking of picking my my registration and then stopping by the cosplay.com table to say hi to whoever's there already...hopefully I'll see you!

Heh...I wonder if anyone will recognize you on the train...

Kaede
07-13-2003, 03:51 PM
Recognizability will probably be low without the mad saxophone playing but who knows. And I'm up for the huggage pictures...I mean who knows what they did after Blue Crow hours ^^;
I'm really suprised that we don't have an Ed yet!

Luna Selene
07-13-2003, 03:55 PM
We were going to have one...but...she couldn't make the shoot. And then I almost recruited another...but she's doing Tokyo Mew Mew all day Saturday and only had Sunday open.

Maybe we'll run into one at the con?

Maybe if you found one of those inflatable saxophones to go with the Gren outfit...>D if you don't have a real one, that is.

Ali
07-13-2003, 04:16 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone there... but I have this awful nagging feeling that I won't be allowed to leave the booth.
Arg.

Luna Selene
07-13-2003, 04:19 PM
Then we'll just have to come to you. :P well, at least to say hi at some point. You're allowed to leave and do activities once the dealer's room closes each day, right? that way you can still probably see Mystery Anime theater and the Masquerade..

Archelon
07-13-2003, 09:10 PM
Oh man! You all probably already know this, but Toshihiro Kawamoto is going to be at Otakon! O.O!!!

Luna Selene
07-13-2003, 09:16 PM
Erm...where did you hear about this? ?.?

Archelon
07-13-2003, 09:25 PM
www.otakon.com I was freakin' out when I saw it. My parents thought I was about to go into convulsions are something. XD

Luna Selene
07-13-2003, 09:26 PM
Mmm...I'll have to go to that panel now. Dressed as Julia, naturally.

Any other takers on dressing as Bebop chars for this panel?

Ginnychan
07-13-2003, 09:27 PM
It's on the Otakon page as of like...an hour or two ago or something, I had just checked the page this morning!

FUCKING AWESOME!

Archelon
07-13-2003, 09:37 PM
If I can, you sure as heck know I'll be going to the panel as Spike. But I'll have to see if I can or not. Depends on when it is.

Luna Selene
07-13-2003, 09:39 PM
Heh...I'm willing to wear Julia on Friday for a little while if need be. most likely a trench version. But just because he'll probably be a popular guest...I'm guessing his panel will be on Saturday. and in that case...heh...I will be there. even if it's coinciding with the shoot time...you guys understand...right? >D heh. we might even get pictures in there. That's what usually happens if there's a panel for a specific series, or the guest in it works on a specific, popular series.

Archelon
07-13-2003, 10:11 PM
That's the only problem I have with Bebop. Since it came to Cartoon Network, it's become mainstream. Mainstream = bad.

Luna Selene
07-13-2003, 10:12 PM
I know. But sometimes if you see it mainstream, you want to see the original to see how much better it is..That's what happened when saw one episode on CN. I bought all the DVDs and watched it subtitled. Yeeha. I'm a geek. I know. :P

Archelon
07-13-2003, 11:38 PM
I'm the biggest geek on the face of the Earth! Well, the biggest one that's not some fat, sweaty, pimply freaky guy. o.o;;; Anyway, for once, watching dubbed episodes wasn't a problem for me. I was really impressed with how well they did the dubbing on Cowboy Bebop. I still miss Megumi's voice though. T-T

Luna Selene
07-13-2003, 11:42 PM
I want...to kill Julia's dub voice. Too low. Too...manly, almost. *sigh* I wish I could just redo it with my own...but...you know.

And likewise about the geek thing...but I'm not stick thin either. and freaky is your opinion...Some find me downright scary...but eh. I usually ignore them.

I just wish Otakon would post SOME sort of schedule...so...I'd know when Kawamoto's panel is. -_- but I guess I won't find out till thursday....but even then, I might have a laptop. I can e-mail everyone still here then. >D

Archelon
07-13-2003, 11:51 PM
Yeah, why they haven't posted one yet is beyond me. I guess all we can do is hope and wait.

Kaede
07-14-2003, 12:30 AM
I think they haven't posted a schedule because of the popularity and interest in Kawamoto and esp TM Revolution. They're afraid that a lot of Japanese and American fans will come to Ota just for one of the guest at a certain time. That's just really realllllly unfortunate for us who are trying to schedule our days out ^^;;

Ali
07-14-2003, 12:36 AM
Arg. If I had my way, I'd probably never work. On the other hand, I've never been to a panel yet, so I suppose that once it's over, I really won't regret missing it. (They ALWAYS fall during dealer's room hours.)

And as for the Cowboy Bebop dub... I love it. I like most of the English voices better than the Japanese voices and I think some of the translations are better than the subtitles. Of course, I never watched it on Cartoon Network. And as for Cowboy Bebop being mainstream... yeah, it definitely is. But it deserves to be. And it's nice to cosplay from recognizable sources every so often... my first costume was Hyakurin from Blade of the Immortal, and while those who recognized me squealed and tripped over themselves and spazzed out to see Blade cosplay, that was only four people. Most just wondered why I only had one kimono sleeve.

(On a sidenote: Archeleon, I think your avatar is going to make me cry. *sniff sniff*)

Archelon
07-14-2003, 01:03 AM
Oh, I'm sorry. I can change it if you'd like. Won't bother me any. And speaking of cosplaying as little known characters, 4 people knew who I was when I cosplayed as RE4 Leon Kennedy at Animazement. Sheesh.

Archelon
07-14-2003, 12:41 PM
But oh well. Look at it this way. When no one recogizes you, that means you've got individuality. Well, I suppose it could mean that your costume really sucks (like mine did), but hopefully it's just that you've got individuality.

Luna Selene
07-14-2003, 04:35 PM
>D that's what it was for me at Otakon last year...

And Arch-mun...I love the status under your name ~_^

Otakon's coming up...so quickly! Working on Julia still, but as stupid as I am...I've decided to make one more costume. -_- I know I know...I'll pull it off somehow. It'll be Charlotte Elbourne from Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, and I'm probably going to wear it Friday night after the BR shoot, looking for a Meier Link. >D Anyways...if you know the character or anime and see me...don't be afraid to say hi!

Archelon
07-14-2003, 06:35 PM
Thanks, I appreciate it. I'd be waiting since I first joined to put that up there. ^_^ Yeah, I'm gonna try to make yet another costume. Doubt I'll be able to, but hey, never know. I'm going to try to make a Billy one from Xenogears for the Xenogears/saga photoshoot on Friday. Only time will tell if I can do it or not though. And just to give credit where credit is due, this new avatar of mine was provided courtesy of the lovely and talented rpd_girl.

Ali
07-14-2003, 10:53 PM
What is it with you and pasty pale boys with delightfully awful haircuts, Luna?

I suppose I tend to cosplay obscure characters... My only exception was Sir Integra, and I hated it. (I found my costume the Wednesday before the con... it was very half-assed) Otherwise, I really like to cosplay recognizable yet seldom cosplayed characters. That's the most fun. Hard to accomplish, though. ^_^

Luna Selene
07-14-2003, 10:57 PM
Hey...I like Vicious' hair. It's mad sexy, y0? :P and Meier...well...Meier is Meier. period. and Spike isn't pasty...is he? Oh well. I like all of their unique hairstyles.

I don't think I could ever be sir Integra...just too blond and too...army-like for me. then again, I couldn't be Victoria Seras either...just...too short skirt, too long stockings.

and I've already seen a girl on another Otakon board saying she's going to be Julia...heh...battle of the Julias. queen of the Bebop hill..whatever you want to call it. >D

Archelon
07-14-2003, 11:24 PM
Well, gee, I'm a pasty pale guy with a funky hairstyle, maybe I'll be a pimp at the con after all. XD j/k

Archelon
07-15-2003, 04:41 PM
I'm beginning to think that last post scared everyone else away from this thread. o.o;;;

Kaede
07-15-2003, 04:53 PM
Ahh very few beat me in the paleness category ^^

Archelon
07-15-2003, 04:58 PM
Ah ha! So the race is on! o.o;;;

Kaede
07-15-2003, 05:22 PM
ooo winner gets Spike's Asteroid Blues hat ^_____^

Ali
07-15-2003, 05:35 PM
I win. I'm telling you now. I am the pastiest of the pasty. (At Fanime, Steph Bennet was making fun of me by taking a sheet of paper and marvelling at how it 'disappeared' when placed over my pasty white arms... "You can't see the paper! Where did it go!?")

That hat is mine. ^_^

Archelon
07-15-2003, 06:52 PM
Over my dead body it is! >.>;;;

Ali
07-15-2003, 11:29 PM
Here, check out this photo. This is from California, mind you, and I still actually look like I'm glowing I'm so white. (Ignore the bad Misato cosplay, please...)
http://www.infrasignal.com/lab/2722-25632.jpg

*does premature victory dance for hat*

Archelon
07-15-2003, 11:39 PM
First of all, that's not a bad Misato cosplay. Second of all, the only reason you look pale in that pic is because of the flash from the camera. >.>

Kaede
07-16-2003, 12:09 AM
How about this...you guys get two duplicate hats...and i get the man himself ^_-

Archelon
07-22-2003, 04:35 PM
All right, just so I know, which characters will be cosplayed at this shoot?

Ginnychan
07-22-2003, 05:03 PM
You can count on a Ballad of Fallen Angels dress Faye and my beau Monty as Vicious over here. I can also make a quick change into yellow Faye if needed.

Archelon
07-22-2003, 05:10 PM
I'm gonna be Spike obviously. I'm going to see if I can wear a trenchcoat for some of the pics as well. And I'm also going to see if I can find a janitorial jumpsuit with a cap for some KOHD pics if there are going to be any Electras. Oh yeah, as far as a gun goes, anyone have a problem with me using a Desert Eagle lightgun? You can see it in the pics on my profile of my RE4 Leon Kennedy cosplay.

Luna Selene
07-22-2003, 05:38 PM
mm..I'm pretty sure you can expect a silver belt Julia here. however, as far as my knowledge goes (I'm not at home right now, taking some college courses over at UCLA instead and living in dorms), my catsuit for that hasn't come yet. thus, I have not tried it on to make sure it fits, or attached the belt yet. I've been reassured by the company, however, that it WILL come in time for Otakon.

If not, I'll wear the generic trenchcoat version to the shoot. I'm originally planning on wearing that Thursday night and Sunday, however.

Archelon
07-22-2003, 08:21 PM
Either Julia version is fine with me. Don't think it will matter to anyone else either.

Luna Selene
07-22-2003, 08:25 PM
I figured. But Catsuit Julia has been in my head for a couple months now, and I'd love to debut it at Otakon ^-^; ah well. Eventually I'll do all of her outfits. All...four, or something. shows what I get for cosplaying a rather background character.

maybe I should post a 'confirmation' sort of post next week or so? I think that would be enough time for people to respond closer to the con, and will have a better idea if their costume is or will be finished.

By the way, are any of you headed for the cosplay.com shoot as well? I know it's two hours before the specified Bebop shoot, but I wouldn't mind saying hello to some of you there, and just do picture poses later. in any case, I just want to meet and perhaps hang out with everyone!

Archelon
07-22-2003, 08:28 PM
I'm going to the cosplay.com photoshoot. ^_^

Luna Selene
07-22-2003, 08:39 PM
Alright. Look for Julia, then >D most likely, if she has a Spike plushie and a toy pistol...it'll be me. >D

Ranma Saotome
07-22-2003, 09:08 PM
I'll be there as Spike too. ^^

Shinobu
07-23-2003, 12:04 AM
yay Ranma's coming! Wai!!

Ali
07-23-2003, 01:24 AM
Well, I'll definitely have my catsuit... I won't know whether or not I'll be able to make it to the shoot until that day, however. Dernit.

Well, thanks for saying that it's not a bad Misato cosplay... you're wrong, but thanks anyway. And it isn't JUST the camera flash that makes me look pasty... I can do that on my own. (And if I am paler than you at the con, I will deserve both hats, because I will be coming straight from Florida to Baltimore. I had forgotten about that.)

Luna Selene
07-23-2003, 01:26 AM
I'll still huggle you, Ali :D and will definetely save some film for Julia duo pictures.

and check your PM messages! :D if you haven't already, that is.

Archelon
07-24-2003, 02:14 PM
I'll gladly give huggles to anyone who wants one.

Luna Selene
07-29-2003, 08:05 PM
Okay, this is important for EVERYONE in the Bebop gathering. So listen up!

I've just learned (like everyone else) that the TMR/Kristine Sa concert is at 3:30 saturday.

My question that I'm posing to you is that how many of you are really planning on/must see this concert. and if so, should we change the time of this shoot.

For me, I really want to go to Toshihiro Kawamoto's autograph signing that begins at four, and thus missing TMR is not a big deal for me. but I don't know how other people will feel about that. Likewise, TMR also has autographs on Saturday at 5:30.

so, question 1: Are you going to TMR's concert.
#2: if so, do you want/need to change the time of this shoot in order to attend?
#3: if you aren't interested/will leave early, would you be interested in coming with me to stand in the hella long autograph line ^-^;

thanks a lot, and I look forward to imput from all of you!

PS- Kawamoto's panel is on Sunday at 10 AM, which I plan to attend as trenchcoat Julia. anyone else up for attending this?

Ranma Saotome
07-29-2003, 09:30 PM
Inm the even I goto Otakon, I'll be going to teh concert...

Archelon
07-29-2003, 09:40 PM
I don't really care about the concert. *ducks out of the way of rotten vegetables and fruit thrown from the readers of this post* I will however go to the autograph signing and also hope to attend the panel on Sunday. I'm gonna get my limited edition collector's dvd box set signed. ^_^ Hope it doesn't get stolen. o.o;;; If so, I'll just have to break out my m4d Jeet Kune Do sk1llz. Anyway, my mom and I finally started on sewing my Spike costume together tonight. To be honest, I don't think it's going to come out all that well. We're using the inside lining of the suit to make the straps and the suit. I guess you could say that way it looks somewhat more realistic than the sky blue cloth we could've (probably should've) used. At least that's going to be my excuse to anyone who asks me about it anyway. >.>;;;

Luna Selene
07-29-2003, 09:44 PM
Archelon, again. Where have you been all my life? I'm figuring I'll probably be running into you at least four times at Otakon, two for shoots, and two for signings and panels. >D

I'm not planning on going to the concert either, just picking up a TMR CD while I'm there, to try to get into more J-pop. I only know of Heart of Sword ^-^

but in terms of autographs and panels...I will be there, most definetely. bringing artbook to get signed, and will be dressed as Julia for both events, with Spike plushie. So I always have a Spike around ^-^ (That, and the plushie is too cute to leave in the hotel room).

Must act less fangirl-ish at con...^-^;

Ranma Saotome
07-29-2003, 09:47 PM
How about we move it to 2PM?

Luna Selene
07-29-2003, 09:50 PM
Right after cosplay.com? that sounds like a good idea, unless other people are planning costume changes for the big shoot. I know how to contact Ginnychan outside the boards here, but for everyone else, I'm just waiting for them to see this.

2 PM is a possibility, though. I'm just wearing Julia all day so obviously I'll be going to the big shoot in it. However, I don't know how many other changes other people have.

Any other input, everyone? If not, I'm going to honor the 2 PM request cause I know many people want to attend the concert, even though I would rather go wait in line for autographs ^-^;

Archelon
07-29-2003, 10:05 PM
2 is fine with me. In fact, I think it's a better idea, because we won't feel like we have to really rush the photoshoot. We'll have more time to take photos. Also, it will allow everyone to be able to get to where they are going without having to miss anything. And I'll be Spike all day Saturday as well, in case anyone is wondering. I still need to get that janitor jumpsuit though. Might not be able to, but I guess that's okay 'cause it doesn't look like there will be any Electras there. It wouldn't really make sense without an Electra to pose with. And Ali, I still maintain that that was -not- a bad Misatou cosplay. So there, :P

Ginnychan
07-29-2003, 10:33 PM
I'm not missing the concert, been a fan of TMR longer then I've been a fan of Bebop, believe it or not. That's a really retarded scheduling flaw.

Luna Selene
07-29-2003, 10:39 PM
Okay, so is 2 PM a better time then? I'm not sure how many of the people coming to this are attending cosplay.com as well and will be around right afterwards. But otherwise, I'm all for moving it back an hour early. More time for me to stoke out autographs...

if we all agree on 2 ( or at least, everyone who's replied thus far), I'll go post in the main photoshoot listing forum about a change.

Archelon
07-29-2003, 10:39 PM
Well, as stated, if the shoot moves to 2, it won't interfere with either events.

Ginnychan
07-29-2003, 10:43 PM
2 is fine for me

Wow. This schedule sucks ass. My voice acting competition is in the middle of the fucking MASQERADE!!!!!!!!!! WTF?! And TMR or Kawamoto? That's a fucked up choice to have to make.

Archelon
07-29-2003, 10:46 PM
Ah, such is life.

Luna Selene
07-29-2003, 10:47 PM
the shoot is officially at 2 PM. sent a post over to the photoshoot listings as well.

and I agree, scheduling sucks. But my plan of attack is go and get a TMR CD EARLY on friday. then, go early on Saturday to Kawamoto's autograph session. Directly afterwards, hit the TMR session >D I'm so...set. I think. Anyways, It wouldn't do me much good to go to the concert when I don't know much of his music, but if I get the CD, I can learn. :D

and Ginnychan, next time you're on AOL, we should exchange cell phone #'s. and too bad your voice acting competition is in the middle of the masq. ;-; I was going to ask if you wanted to come with me because I don't have anyone to go with yet.

Archelon
07-29-2003, 10:53 PM
I plan on going to the masquerade, but I'll have to see what my friend is doing at that time who's coming with me. Maybe we'll see each other in line.

Luna Selene
07-29-2003, 10:56 PM
Alright. I just like having people I know to hang out with and sit next to. It gets really lonely when you're there by yourself. Which I was, for awhile. Didn't like it that much.

Meh. I have to remember where I put my artbooks...I think they're on my desk somewhere. I was thinking about bringing the character design one. and either having Kawamoto sign the inside cover...or the Julia section. Sigh. Plushie is staying out of ink's way, however ^-^

Archelon
07-31-2003, 01:30 PM
Heh heh. But wouldn't it be kind of tough to sign the plushie anyway? Well, I suppose not if you had a fabric marker. Anyway, I understand how you feel about it being lonely and whatnot. I was by myself at Animazement, and man, was it bad. Fortunately, I made some friends and we had hung for awhile, so that was good. But yeah, being alone at a con can be pretty overwhelming. That's why I'm bringing a friend this time.

Luna Selene
07-31-2003, 05:12 PM
I was alone pretty much two out of the three days at Otakon 2002 and one out of three at Anime Central 2003. Not very fun. This year though, I'd like to be with people the whole weekend :D

and I love that plushie too much to get fabric markers or sharpie all over him. Sigh.

Heh. I know to bring a camera and my artbook now...trying to think of what else I need for Saturday. Minus any Bebop merchandise I find in the dealer's room, don't have, and deem to need.

Getting to be that one week mark. welcome to the longest week of your life! :D

Ranma Saotome
07-31-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Archelon
Heh heh. But wouldn't it be kind of tough to sign the plushie anyway? Well, I suppose not if you had a fabric marker. Anyway, I understand how you feel about it being lonely and whatnot. I was by myself at Animazement, and man, was it bad. Fortunately, I made some friends and we had hung for awhile, so that was good. But yeah, being alone at a con can be pretty overwhelming. That's why I'm bringing a friend this time.

Dood, you were at Animazement!?

Archelon
07-31-2003, 07:21 PM
Yeah. It was my first con. I was Leon Scott Kennedy from Resident Evil 4. As mentioned before, 4 people knew who I was. Sheesh. I remember seeing you at the con. It was at the photoshoot, if I remember correctly.

Kaede
08-02-2003, 09:27 AM
Yey I'm back from my hiatus. That's good that it's at 2 now because I've got to put on a complex costume/makeup for TMR. Anways I missed you all.

Archelon
08-02-2003, 01:33 PM
Welcome back.

Luna Selene
08-02-2003, 10:28 PM
I know this is sudden, but it's something I need to get out now before it's too big of a shock.

Over the past two weeks, I've highly considered not attending Otakon 2003 this year.

Mainly because I'm doubting the main part of my Julia outfit will get here in time for the con. To a lot of people, I know this will seem rather stupid, but I honestly don't even want to bother coming if I don't have this outfit finished.

Everyone has a sort of 'dream costume/outfit' per se that they put all their effort and heart into. And this one happens to be mine. I just don't even want to be there if I can't finish that costume. I think I'd be more miserable if I actually attended without it and saw all the others that had the outfit, then not going at all.

Second off, the aspect of not going will save hundreds of dollars for myself and my family right now. I personally have just returned from a six week trip that went for a little over seven grand. And frankly, due to house repairs, and simply getting all the bills through and paid with few bonuses, this trip almost seems rather selfish on my part.

I personally don't consider my non-appearance to be a big deal. Pictures with Julia in them shouldn't be a problem, considering both Ali and luvnpeese are both doing Julia catsuits, besides many others from what I hear. I'm sure they would gladly pose for pictures with the rest of you.

I'm not going to make a final decision about this until Wednesday night, but as for right now, my heart simply isn't in it anymore. Not without that one piece I need for my costume, and how stupid these people are with shipping it.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading.

Ranma Saotome
08-03-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Archelon
Yeah. It was my first con. I was Leon Scott Kennedy from Resident Evil 4. As mentioned before, 4 people knew who I was. Sheesh. I remember seeing you at the con. It was at the photoshoot, if I remember correctly.

Sorry man... My memory is just shot... ^^;

Archelon
08-03-2003, 01:45 PM
Well, Luna, you know we'd all love to have you there, but, I think I speak for everyone when I say it's all up to you. Going to cons is all about having fun and enjoying yourself. If you think that not having that costume will make it less enjoyable for you, then by all means, don't feel bad about not coming. And I also must say it is very admirable that you would be willing to give up Otakon to help your family out. There aren't many people out there anymore that would do something like that. And whatever makes you happy, I know we'll all be behind you one hundred percent. So don't worry about a thing.
And Ranma, if you check my costumes, you might recognize me or simply remember seeing me walking around.

Luna Selene
08-03-2003, 02:12 PM
Meh. See, I'm guessing I shouldn't be freaking out yet, because supposedly the piece shipped Wednesday from Britain, and it takes 4-7 days to get here. So, even if it arrived Wednesday, I could finish it in two hours, maximum. Honestly, all it needs is a few holding stitches for the belt and I'd be done.

If I didn't get it, however, I still have the trenchcoat outfit folded in my cosplay closet, ready to be packed. The only problem I had with it, is even though I got it to be pretty darn accurate (I literally went through about eight turtlenecks and three belts till I found the ones I wanted), I doubt anyone would recognize it. Even wearing it an Anime Central with a Spike plush, maybe four people outside of my group knew who I was. It could change due to a prop gun and a possible red umbrella ( Luna = detail/prop freak.), it's still debatable. The biggest bite was when I was either standing with a Bebop group or another Julia and people asked who I was >_<;; ouch.

Otherwise, everything else I've planned should be done. I'm just afraid if I went without the catsuit outfit and just the trenchcoat ensemble, I'd look pretty drab and unrecognizable compared to everyone else.

Heat hasn't seemed to be a factor yet. I wore it at ACen and roasted. I can wear it at Otakon and roast some more.

I'll keep up a small string of hope for incoming mail monday through wednesday. Probably will be at home all day anyways. I'll keep everyone updated. later.

Archelon
08-03-2003, 02:57 PM
Who cares if anyone knows who you are or not? We'll know who you are and you'll definitely know who you are. This is why I don't like those costume contests and stuff like that. I mean, sure they're fun and all, but I think it makes people feel too self concious about their own costumes. We should just be going to cons to have fun. As I've said numerous times, 4 people knew who I was at Animazement, and I expected as much, but it didn't really matter to me that much because I was having fun and that's all that really matters when you get down to it.

Luna Selene
08-03-2003, 03:03 PM
Heh, you have some valid points, Archelon. No wonder you said you were a nice guy.

I guess it just sort of hurt at Anime Central, because I'd figured people would know Julia in the trenchcoat outfit and want pictures and whatnot. But it was exactly the opposite. Even though no sewing had gone into it (just REALLY careful prop searching), I was quite proud of it, and then just felt...rather sad. I was the only one in the trenchcoat ensemble there, too.

It's rather odd, for my parents right now are in full support of me attending. I think it's due to my success in the college courses they wanted me to take, and for once, aren't bothering me about money issues. Rather, it's me bringing it up to them. Simply the opposite from last May o.o;

I'll keep trying my best for a catsuit. But if not, I better find a red convertible. and a rainstorm. Can't really be an issue if I get wet in that outfit (but if I get shot from behind, however...*does the five minute fall and collapse*).

Archelon
08-03-2003, 03:10 PM
I've got a lime green Sunfire. Would that work? o.o;;; I could bring a hose or something for the rainstorm. Oh oh oh!!! We could use the bullet time technique for your five minute fall and collapse! XD Come to think of it, how cool would that be to see Spike and Vicious fight Matrix style.

Luna Selene
08-03-2003, 06:08 PM
But which one do I cheer for, hm? >D Go Vicious! no no, Go Spike! I guess maybe a picture by A convertible, not a red one even, could work. Meh. I'll have to give you a hug or something at some point, too. "let's just go away somewhere...escape...vanish...go somewhere where there's no one else...just the two of us..."

Better not let me act anymore >D

Ah well. we'll just have to do many pictures. That's why I allotted for an hour now, considering all the scenes from the series we could do with all the characters attending. and obviously some poor photographer will walk by when we assemble and decide to take pictures too.

Archelon
08-03-2003, 06:15 PM
This is gonna sound really corny, but I really want to take a pic of Vicious (or maybe Jet) and I doing the Fusion Dance. XD

Luna Selene
08-03-2003, 06:20 PM
XD if we can find a Jet? maybe?? We stalked one at ACen for like a half hour...till we got him to pose with us.

I'm sure many people will take pictures of Bebop males doing stupid things. Particularly fangirls. That is, after they've knocked the wind out of you due to the glomp of death :P I know one of my friends is a Spike fanatic. ("You don't have the plush. you're not scarily attached like me. Don't even try.")

I still want to see Ginny open her can of whoop ass on some poor fangirl...>D

I don't think I'll even need sugar this year to be overly hyper...I'll try to keep a straight face, however. For character sake. :P

Archelon
08-03-2003, 06:40 PM
Yeah, I'm surprised there hasn't been any word of a Jet cosplayer. There are never enough Jets it seems. I would cosplay him but I don't have the physique to pull it off.

Luna Selene
08-03-2003, 06:45 PM
Hopefully we can find one. ACen only had 6,000 or so attendees and we found two. Otakon will have over 12,000. I'm sure SOMEONE has to be Jet. same for Ed, since we don't have a confirmed Ed yet. We just have to stalk them all suspicious-like.

"Crazy kids! what're you stalking Jet for?!"
"Um...um...a picture? Onegai? *sweet Julia smile*"

heh. I was so nervous about that at ACen. >D

Archelon
08-03-2003, 07:31 PM
We could have Ed bite him if he doesn't cooperate.

Ginnychan
08-03-2003, 08:17 PM
Okay I'm a bit late into this but Luna I know how you feel. The other night my Faye costume had me in tears cause the shorts weren't coming out right and I was ready to say I wasn't going to go. Until I managed to fix them ^_^*

But I really do hope you will come, cat suit or no. Like Archelon said, we'll still know who you are! And there will still be tons to do! Besides, you deserve a break after those college classes, that's no easy feat.

And Archelon, I'll make sure you have a Vicious for those crazy poses...buahahahaha.

Yes. Fangirls beware.

Archelon
08-03-2003, 08:27 PM
Suddenly I'm frightened.

Luna Selene
08-03-2003, 10:52 PM
You should be? Fear the wrath of Ginny!...well...if you piss her off, that is. I think she's a great friend nonetheless ^-^

And I really appreciate the encouragement. I'm definetely coming now, catsuit or not. However..might be a bit sad Saturday if I can only wear the trenchcoat ensemble and there's other catsuit Julias everywhere. Sigh.

I really do hope we get some good pictures ^-^

Archelon
08-03-2003, 10:56 PM
I have no doubt that we will. And you can always just hide all the other Julias in a closet or something. >.>

Luna Selene
08-03-2003, 10:59 PM
meh. Ali can stay, though. Cause she's cool and doesn't bother me. Others..however...>_>

>D

It seems a bit redundant on the other thread, but I was looking into perhaps attending the dance after the masquerade. It's just debatable if I can drag my group (which I just met all of today o.o; If you guys like Sorcerer Hunters or Outlaw Star, be sure to get some pics of them?). Ah well. I wonder if it's worth it to try and dance in a trenchcoat...the catsuit wouldn't be an issue, it would be easy to dance in that. just weave some glow necklaces in the silver belt and I'd be set >D

Ranma Saotome
08-03-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Ginnychan
Okay I'm a bit late into this but Luna I know how you feel. The other night my Faye costume had me in tears cause the shorts weren't coming out right and I was ready to say I wasn't going to go. Until I managed to fix them ^_^*

I felt like that on Sunday. :( But even if PDA isn't done, I'm still going. :)

Archelon: Sorry, I still don't remember ya...

Archelon
08-03-2003, 11:33 PM
Hey don't worry about it. I'm a hide in the darkness of the shadows kind of guy anyhow.

Luna Selene
08-04-2003, 02:40 PM
*sigh* still stalking today's mail. But while I think of it...

*pats Arch's Avatar* I've made a no glomping the hell out of people rule. Still rather cute, though.

*goes back to stalking the mailbox...and the mail carriers with her fake Julia-esque pistol* Bring it ON, guys. BETTER have a package today...

Archelon
08-04-2003, 02:48 PM
That'll be interesting to see just how well you follow that rule at the actual con.

Luna Selene
08-04-2003, 02:50 PM
Actually, I didn't glomp anyone at ACen. I just hugged my Vicious rather lightly on Friday and that was that. I was much too shy, and those who were being glomped didn't look too pleased about it. So I didn't bother acting like a hyperactive fangirl and I kept to myself instead.

Oh well. It kept me out of any embarrassing moments, really. I was pulling off the emotionless Julia look rather well for most of that Saturday...

Archelon
08-04-2003, 02:56 PM
Aww. *pats* Well don't worry about being shy at Otakon. You'll be among friends. ^_^

Luna Selene
08-04-2003, 03:15 PM
I know. But shyness is very natural to me. So...I'll most likely be shy no matter what, especially sitting at the fountains around 1:55 or so >D Ah well. I'll probably wave to any lost looking Bebop cosplayers in the area.

"what is that girl doing...waving around a plushie with green hair and a toy pistol..."

Have to remember not to accidentally toss Spike plush INTO the fountain. That would be bad, and he isn't all that fond of swimming. In fact, right now he's curled up next to Ein plush.

They take over my nightstand.

*checks the street* Mail car not spotted yet..keeping very definite lookout....

Archelon
08-04-2003, 03:22 PM
Well, don't feel bad. I'm extremely prone to shyness as well. Hopefully I'll be able to come out of my shell (heh heh, I made a funny) when we're taking pictures.

*note* In case you're wonder why I said I made a funny, you have to understand that I am the biggest TMNT fan alive, so a little thing like that I would find amusing. Not to mention the fact that I'm rather easily amused it would seem. >.>;;;

Luna Selene
08-04-2003, 03:26 PM
Heh. easily amused?

Me before the masquerade: " Oh look! *opening up Bebop artbooks* There's Julia and Spike there...and there...and there's that picture I have on a t-shirt...and and and..."

"We don't CARE anymore! Shut up! You've been looking at those things for nearly two hours!"

"...so?"

Yes. I think I scared my group at ACen. I used to watch TMNT too, by the way. My mom used one of those crane machines when I was six to get me a Donatello plushie. I don't seem to have it anymore, however. Poor Donatello. he made way for the beanie babies and anime plushies.

Archelon
08-04-2003, 03:42 PM
Yeah, but see, there's where you and I are different. You -used to- watch TMNT. I still do. XD And I still read the comics, play the games, watch the movies, collect the toys, etc, etc, etc. And ask me anything about the TMNT and chances are I'll be able to answer.

Luna Selene
08-04-2003, 03:54 PM
True. never said I was -still- obsessed. Just pointing a time in my life where my mom literally wasted ten bucks on an arcade machine >D

I knew this would be a long week...*sigh.* so much time to kill.

Archelon
08-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Ahh, the good ol' TMNT arcade games. Talk about your quarter munchers.

Luna Selene
08-04-2003, 11:17 PM
More of an information post than anything else:

Ali has just PMed me and has told me that she's not coming to Otakon due to personal reasons.

I feel VERY compelled to finish the catsuit now...very...very...compelled. Ah well. At least we'll have one Julia, whether it be the catsuit or the turtleneck/trenchcoat.

Post office has two more chances...and one of them better have a grey envelope with a vinyl catsuit in it....

Archelon
08-04-2003, 11:27 PM
Aww man, that sucks. Our size is dwindling. Well, please still come even if you don't get the vinyl catsuit.

Luna Selene
08-04-2003, 11:29 PM
I know, I plan on it. We can still do episode 25-26 scenes in the trenchcoat outfit.

But the absence of Ali and her catsuit lurvelyness ( not caring about spelling tonight. blah) plus kick butt personality...makes me sad, yet really wanting to finish this.

And come on. Every girl's dream is to be a hot blonde in a black catsuit who's chased by two men. Really. >D

No, I like Julia for other reasons, if you're wondering. I could bore people to sleep with those reasons, however. So, it's a good idea that I don't tread there.

Kaede
08-05-2003, 12:03 AM
Ack I'm having costuming problems too. I've been hunting for a dark red shirt for a while now. But I haven't given up ^^ Tommorrow I think I'll go hunting some more for it *runs off to find net*

Luna Selene
08-05-2003, 12:05 AM
Yay Kaede! Us cosplayers still scrambling to finish must stick together!

have you tried all men's departments in big department stores? I'm surprised they wouldn't have a nice dark Gren sort of red...

If anything else, try bright red? It would be kickass to have a Gren. you rarely see them. there's maybe one a con. at most.

Kaede
08-05-2003, 12:16 AM
Oh I'm definately coming as Gren even if I have to buy a cotton mill and weave my own fabric ^^;; I'm going to try Target and Wall Mart tommorrow but most cheap stores I go to just don't have my size or it doesn't fit. I might just have to raid the child's depart seeing as I fit into their higher sizes -_-

Ranma Saotome
08-05-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Kaede
Ack I'm having costuming problems too. I've been hunting for a dark red shirt for a while now. But I haven't given up ^^ Tommorrow I think I'll go hunting some more for it *runs off to find net*

If you need a dark red collared shirt... Methinks that I can get it for you. ^_^

Kaede
08-05-2003, 01:59 AM
^^ Well if I can't find it after I search the stores tommorrow then I might ask you for that favor.

Ranma Saotome
08-05-2003, 02:02 AM
Sure thing. Let me know by Thursday the latest. I can make a special trip down to nyc and buy it. Plus it'll give me reason to play DDR. XD

Archelon
08-05-2003, 04:30 PM
My Spike costume should be finished tonight, unless of course something goes horribly wrong. Think positive, think positive.....

Luna Selene
08-05-2003, 04:37 PM
The mail still hasn't come yet today -_-

but congrats on your Spike! What all else do you still have to do?

Unless you don't HAVE parts of it yet, I doubt things can go completely wrong...

Archelon
08-05-2003, 04:42 PM
Oh I don't think anything will go wrong, I'm just pessimistic all of the time. Anyway, all that needs to be done is to sew the flap on to the collar.

Luna Selene
08-06-2003, 10:37 AM
Well, it definetely looks as if the catsuit isn't gonna happen. I actually went down to the post office today to check, and there was nothing.

So it'll be trenchcoat Julia. all day. I think the only thing that raises my spirits about this is the red umbrella I found at the grocery store. If I just had some roses I'd have all the accessories by this point o.o;

-_- don't know how exactly I'll dance/rave in that costume either, so I suppose that's out. Ah well.

I'll need to stay hydrated, too >_< At least I've got the majority of her lines from sessions 25-26 burned into my memory...

Kaede
08-06-2003, 11:51 AM
Actually I can pick up some red roses for you if you want. I'm going down to the craft store to get some more black ones for another of my costumes. Haha I think I'll just get them anyway and parade around with them saying "I stole your past bwahaha." or something like that ^^;

Luna Selene
08-06-2003, 11:53 AM
Really? Even one or two would be just lovely, and I can pay you back, Kaede-mun ^-^

"But Grennnn...those are myyyy roses!"

"Lend me Vicious for a night and you can have them..."

"*gulp* but what if he doesn't wanna come back?"

Thanks again!

Kaede
08-06-2003, 11:58 AM
No problem--actually I think that little piece of slash will cover the cost XD

Luna Selene
08-06-2003, 12:01 PM
Alright >D

heh. I'm debating by this point about who'll get more fangirls: Spike or Gren. >D

can't believe I'll be there tomorrow o.o; I won't be in costume, but I'll have my plushie, a Bebop shirt on, and most likely a sign pinned to my messenger bag with some purple ribbon plus my username. Come find meh if you wanna say hi. Or give spike plush a hug. He likes hugs.

Archelon
08-06-2003, 03:23 PM
I won't be there until Friday night. T-T My mom's work sucks.

Luna Selene
08-06-2003, 03:26 PM
Ah well. We can look for you, at least? maybe you won't miss MAT3K...that's sometimes decent to watch.

I'll be dressed from Battle Royale Friday night...if you know what that is.

Archelon
08-06-2003, 03:32 PM
Yeah, I know what it is. I'll dressed as a makeshift Donatello from the TMNT. XD I'll be wearing his purple mask, a TMNT t-shirt, my Tae Kwon Do gi pants, belt, and carrying around his bo staff. I was originally going to try to be Billy from Xenogears, but since we won't be making it in time for the Xenogears/saga shoot, I just didn't bother anymore.

Archelon
08-06-2003, 09:53 PM
My Spike costume is finally finished! W00T!

Kaede
08-06-2003, 09:55 PM
*shakes fist* soo lucky. I have to take a later train tommorrow due to the fact that my wig WILL come sometime in the mail that day...see I'm trying to convince myself that everything will work out ^^;

Luna Selene
08-06-2003, 09:58 PM
I'm sure it will. Regular Julia, as usual, is done. I just had to replace the pants tonight since my mom 'forgot' to tell me that my usual Julia pants had a hole in them >_< sigh. Last minute trips to the mall are the BEST!

At least I have a huge duffle bag this year to hold ALL my cosplay stuff, plus dealer's room purchases. and is still quite light.

Did you finally find a shirt too, Kaede?

In the meantime, I'll amuse myself with my umbrella and prop gun ^^; and attach a sign to the side of my messenger bag that has my cosplay.com username on it.

Can't wait to see all of you!

Kaede
08-06-2003, 10:01 PM
Ranma Saotome is being incredibly nice and getting one for me ^^
I agree. I miss amongst other rabid Bebop fans

Archelon
08-06-2003, 10:02 PM
The only thing I'm worried about with my costume is that it won't be worthy of being seen by Toshihiro Kawamoto. T-T

Luna Selene
08-06-2003, 10:04 PM
Hahaha. YOU!? I'll die of happiness if anyone, not even Toshihiro Kawamoto, even knows who I am!!

But of course, to be recognized by him would be lovely too.

Is the trenchcoat so uncommon? ;-;

and I'm glad you're getting the luscious Gren shirt. I need a barstool now. And annoyingly request of you to play the same song every night. >D till of course, you get fed up and throw me out >DD

Archelon
08-06-2003, 10:11 PM
Maybe Kaede and I should get on the intercom at Otakon and make an announcement to the extent of, "If you see a woman in a trenchcoat with blonde hair, a Spike Spiegel plushie, a red umbrella, and a bag with Luna Selene on it, do not ask her who she is. For this would make her very unhappy. She is Julia from Cowboy Bebop. She is the version of Julia that appeared in The Real Folk Blues parts 1 and 2. If you see her, be sure to tell her what a great costume she has. Again, do not, repeat, do NOT, ask her who she is. Thank you." -runs from security-

Kaede
08-06-2003, 10:12 PM
Aww I wish I could wear my costume then...but I don't want to be lugging a long wig around the TMR concert. Well I can do that on sunday LXJG ^___^
I found a little music box JUST like Gren's/Vicious' but I can't bring but it's got something of a history ^^;
edit: missed that Luna! Haha well as long as you're looking mysterious and carrying a Spike plushie I don't think you should have any worries !

Luna Selene
08-06-2003, 10:16 PM
But then I'd have to hug you repeatedly. and I don't know if you want that...>D

"You're not only Spike, you're a lovely Spike. I must make you mine, now!"

Scary possessive Julias. Beware of us. really.

or just distract us with cute plushies of yourself. That works. >D

And Kaede, we changed the shoot to two so people would have enough time to run/make any changes before the TMR concert. so...you should have time. and if you have to cut out early, ah well. we'll live, ne?

Darn history. We need a music box. and a Titan Vicious. too bad my friend's only coming next year. She's already making a titan Vicious.

o.O and we need a blow-up saxophone...if you didn't get one already. Serenade us! >D

Archelon
08-06-2003, 10:25 PM
Hugs are fine with me. ^_^ Oh yeah, I realize this is awfully late, but I thought I'd just make the suggestion anyhow. Since you and Kaede will both have several cumbersome props and costume pieces to lug around on Saturday, would it be easier to just move the shoot to Sunday so you don't have to carry them around for quite as long? It makes no difference to me, I just thought I'd make the suggestion.

Kaede
08-06-2003, 10:27 PM
You go and find me one and I'll bring my recording of "Goodnight Julia" ne? That'd look really funny...me trying to be all Gren-sexy while playing a blue blowup sax XD
Alright so the shoots at too...must write that down.
ack I type slow...either day is good for me ^^

Luna Selene
08-06-2003, 10:28 PM
Eh. Gomen ne...but no.

Reason? I'm leaving early on sunday, like around one o'clock. Reason two? Julia's my favorite costume, and I love to wear it/be her, really. My roleplaying years enforce this way too much.. Reason three? There isn't a reason, except it would be insane and hectic to try and change it now.

Oh, and the Kawamoto autograph session ^-^;

I'm either bringing my NERV messenger bag or my backpack along with me. Most of my props are rather small, and thus am only keeping a few out at a time. Spike plush usually sticks out the side of my bag anyways, so he can see and hear all. He's a little preceptive plush >D

I can also hold onto stuff, too. if my bag isn't already filled with dealer's room goodies, that is.

*sings* it shall be filled with lovely Bebop ness!...and J-pop/rock...^-^; my priorities lie prefectly well...

Archelon
08-06-2003, 10:33 PM
Okay, as I said, it makes no difference to me. Just thought I'd make the suggestion.

Kaede
08-06-2003, 11:09 PM
Saturday it is.

Archelon
08-06-2003, 11:22 PM
Works for me.

Luna Selene
08-06-2003, 11:25 PM
Can't believe I'm still up. I should be sleeping.

ah well. finish Sunday props now, sleep on the plane >D

I have a feeling the whole Otakon board will start turning into a 'let's kill time' forum...>D

Spiffy
08-06-2003, 11:26 PM
My friend is gonna be Ed, is it okay if I drag her down to join you guys? I wanna oogle the Beboppers.... *drool*

Luna Selene
08-06-2003, 11:27 PM
But of course! we need an Edward! and if you've looked through the posts, you can have a decent idea of who else is showing up as well. We'd be happy to have your friend for our Saturday shoot!

I just had something dawn on me.

Otakon has over 9,000 pre-regs alone. They're expecting between 21,000-22,000 people this year.

The grand ballroom place seats...5,000? maybe?

All I know is that after the autograph session I'm going straight to the top floor and camping out for a masquerade seat. I only saw it last year because I was an audience judge, but this year I refuse to miss it at all costs.

Because. well. It's hella funny.

Anyone's free to join me in my masquerade line stalkage.

Archelon
08-06-2003, 11:38 PM
The more the merrier.