PDA

View Full Version : Masquerade Overflow Plans

Hazel Chaz
08-22-2007, 02:42 PM
I thought you guys might be interested to hear what we've worked out for the Masquerade.
http://cache.marriott.com/propertyimages/b/burap/phototour/burap_phototour05.jpg
The building shown here is the convention center building at the Burbank Airport Marriott Hotel & Convention Center (http://www.marriott.com/burap). We've got that entire building. The ballroom they call "Academy 1" will be our LP1 room. We'll set up the stage Friday morning, and it'll stay that way all weekend long. The room called "Academy 6" will be on the other side of an airwall from LP1 -- and that will be our Masquerade Green Room. Indoors, air-conditioned, and we'll just have them leave out a 3-foot section of the airwall so you can go from the Green Room to Backstage without having to go out into the halls or back corridors.

The Indoor Photo Gathering room will be near there, in either "Sunset" or "Vine", and Kokuu will have it set up with lights and photo backdrop paper all weekend. So it will be convenient for photography Saturday night, as well as organized gatherings and informal drop-in use all weekend.

http://cache.marriott.com/propertyimages/b/burap/phototour/burap_phototour06.jpg
This photo is from a corner of the foyer area. See how their photo has some tables and a few comfy chairs? We don't plan to have the tables. We're going to have all of the hotel's comfortable couches and chairs that they can spare, plus additional benches, couches, and beanbag chairs that we buy, borrow, or rent for the weekend. That whole area is going to be for lounging around. We're trying to "out-lobby the lobby" to make this the place for conversation and just hanging out and chillling. (The front lobby of the hotel is nice, but it's further away, and not as big a place to gather.)

The area is right next to our Registration and Information desks, it's in front of the Dealer's Room (which is next door to LP1) and it's by our Artist's Alley area.

It's also where we're going to set up a repeater monitor (with audio) for overflow seating to watch the Masquerade. We're going to do the same in the Masquerade Green Room, and also in the Blue Rose Maid Cafe (Con Suite).

(In fact, our plans are to have a local Wi-Fi network to broadcast the Masquerade over, so almost anyone with a laptop can have their own front-row seat.)

So: If you're entering the Masquerade, rest assured that we want all of the fans Saturday night to be able to see you!

Sakurada
11-14-2007, 12:08 AM
Exciting! XD

Char350
11-15-2007, 12:52 AM
Wow, seems like a nice setup. I'll be looking forward to it =D

edo_oniichan
12-03-2007, 10:30 PM
Sounds great! Of course, I'm going to be in line early anyways. But last year I waited in line for 2 hours...and I got a seat in one of the back rows. XD And there was the longest line I had ever seen (well, not as long as the Anime Expo lines, but you catch my drift) going down that long "No Pictures" hallway. So hopefully this year will be better.

Speaking of lines, where are you going to direct the line when it gets...well, long?