PDA

View Full Version : Comic Con SanDiego

yasafusa
05-13-2003, 04:57 PM
Let's see a show of hands, claws, or paws of who's going to the Comic Con this July in SanDiego...

You'll see me going as Irene(Rally) Vincent!

Hope I can find a Minnie May!

Dark Vision
05-14-2003, 02:59 AM
*rasies hand*

I live like ten minutes away so I have to go.

Mink
05-14-2003, 04:39 AM
I wanna!!!*cries*

My massively expensive phone bill will probably prevent me from going...plus after 3 cons in a row, I will probably be burned out....not that I can even imagine being burned out NOW, but Im sure I will be.

Michi
05-14-2003, 05:49 PM
I'm consiiiiiidering it... Fanime and AX are so close to each other this year, though, and then SDCC is so close after that.. I dunno if I could. x.x; But I've wanted to go for years.

jade_dragon
05-14-2003, 07:31 PM
im going

rogue xmen-part of an xmen group
jill valentine-part of a res evil group
mib agent-part of a ghostbuster group
ffx2 yuna gunner
and jc from the comic danger girl-part of a danger girl group
:jjacks: :bouncer:

Sana-chan
05-16-2003, 08:36 AM
I'm going! Always go forever and ever lol. The other 4 in my cosplay group are going as well ^_^.

BlueLady
05-16-2003, 03:42 PM
woo hoo got my room!!! As who am i going as...depends on how much sewing i can do..

PZB
05-16-2003, 06:45 PM
Assuming I can beg and plead for the time off, I'll be there as InuYasha and a female version of Spike (with a fem Vash and Wolfwood :D) Now just the minor detail.... PLEASE HOLLY!!!! *ahem*

Yuna
05-16-2003, 09:14 PM
I work there, I go there, I live it. SDCC is the best con ever.

Jinx
05-17-2003, 05:42 AM
I want to work there... ;_;

I'm going... so far I've got Ling Xiaoyu, Ukyo Kuonji, and Yuri from DPFlash!. Fourth costume pending...

Sana-chan
05-17-2003, 09:41 AM
Michi you hafta come!! It'd be so awesome if ya did XD.

And yes SDCC really is a great con. It's not all Anime, like AX or anything, but it doesn't matter lol. It really is a fun con to go to.

Space Invader
05-18-2003, 12:19 AM
I wish I could go.... ;_;. But nah, parents are bitchy about me traveling to go to cons.

Poo. ;_;

Yuna
05-19-2003, 05:16 AM
;o; SDCC is HUGE! It's way bigger then AX; the dealers hall is SO big that there is NEVER EVER a line to get in at all. Also, they have the BEST guest *o* Last year I got to meet Elijiah Wood, Dominic Monaghan and Billy Boyd ^_^ They even hit on me cause I was wearing Wedding Yuna O_O; I felt so silly in that thing at that moment >_<; One of those times you wish you weren't cosplaying...

Michi
05-19-2003, 05:20 AM
Actually, a new possibility of going just opened up.. >D So it's becoming more likely. :D Wahaha. Too bad I don't have time for the one costume I always say I'd do if I ever made it to ComicCon. >_> (dun dun dun)

Sana-chan
05-19-2003, 08:37 AM
Michi!! You must come to Comic Con! lol

The only costume I have for Comic Con that isn't Japanese related is Legolas for LOTR lol. Ah well, people do recognize ya as the anime and video game stuff too... specially FFness.

Michi
05-19-2003, 08:42 PM
I've had this secret special crazy idea of an outfit to do for SDCC... I betcha I'll NEVER get around to it, though, pfft!!

Ahh I guess I'll just wear game outfits from Fanime/AX.. Dead or Alive 2 and stuff.. unless I think of something else. :3

I sure hope I can go! I will try my best. :D Yesh!

Sana-chan
05-20-2003, 08:49 AM
If I make a Zidane costume will you be Kuja again? lol

Maryssa
05-20-2003, 11:00 AM
this is my first year ^^

Freya
05-20-2003, 12:12 PM
COME TO SDCC MICHI!
Where's gonna be my sexy Faye Faye if I'm your sexy Electra? LOL
But before this turns into the plea to get Michi to come thread...
yes I am comin...I met Dominic Monoghan last year and got his autograph.
It was too bad the first day I met him I was dressed as otohime Mutsumi in a bathtowel...he seemed rather ahem...LOL 0_0

You can check pictures out at my web-site: http://www.sorceress-edea.net/conventiondreams/

Yuna
05-20-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Maryssa
this is my first year ^^

And you shall be monkee rapped.

yasafusa
05-20-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Dark Vision
*rasies hand*

I live like ten minutes away so I have to go.

I used to live on North Island! Man I was soo close but wasn't able to go... but now I'm making up for it!

Sana-chan
05-21-2003, 08:27 AM
Ooo Maryssa's coming!

This year's gonna be super fun methinks XD

CinsAngel
05-25-2003, 03:10 PM
Freya>>heehee I'll be there! Me and some gal pals ar dressing up as the gotham Girls from batman...But if tha falls through I'll haul out the Faye costume...with MUCH nicer wig this time.;) HEEHEEHEE!!

Cins

Ashe
06-07-2003, 02:47 AM
Im coming! Im going to bring Arwen and probably Caroline. ^-^

Ashley

Daitenshi
06-07-2003, 11:43 AM
I keep hearing so much about it *_* I really want to got his year!
When is it?

Eurobeat King
06-07-2003, 01:02 PM
Daitenshi: July 17-20 (preview night for pre-reg. peeps in on Wed. the 16th) I'm going, and after I get back from AX, I have a few days of work before I drive ALL the way back down to So.CA on that Wed. night.. :thumbsup:

Ashley: Anybody else to cosplay with your Caroline from VHD?

My costumes will be pretty simple, since last year I wore a few anime costumes and they weren't too recognized, plus they were too HOT to wear for too long (like Saitou.) I'll probably just bring Shinji, EW Trowa, and maybe Ralf. I wanted to bring the FC with me to pose next to the Tokyo Pop booth, but that exhibit hall can get realllllly crowded, and I don't want to run the risk of damaging it :thumbsup:

KelBebop
06-07-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Eurobeat King
I'm going, and after I get back from AX, I have a few days of work before I drive ALL the way back down to So.CA on that Wed. night.. :thumbsup:

I hear ya! Judy and I will be doing the same exact thing. Thank goodness my car likes me. :)

As for costumes, I'll definitely be bringing Vash from Trigun, Cyberdoll Sara from Hand Maid May, and Merry Brandybuck from LOTR. We've got a group in the masquerade, too...very scary! :thumbsup:

Comic-Con is going to be a blast, though! :cool:

All good things,
Kel

Kamui Motoaki
06-07-2003, 08:46 PM
i'm going for my first time. .
are there any certain Cosplay gatherings?

Nadeshiko
06-07-2003, 09:17 PM
Thinking about going....maybe just for one day. Or if someone can get me a ride there. Knowing me, I'll be too burnt to drive two hours home.

We'll see....I promised a friend I would try and make it. I'm thinking of crossplaying as Subaru from X with him as my Seishirou.

kylash327
06-07-2003, 09:37 PM
Argh, I wanna go so bad...and now that I've found out the cast of Farscape is gonna be there, I wanna go even more! >_< It's just too close in the year..

mochan42
06-07-2003, 10:11 PM
I'm going, me me me, I'll be dressed as Alita from Battle Angel, Misao and possible Ed. ^_^

Lynzie
06-08-2003, 01:20 AM
It's so much closer than AX! ^^; I'll be there, with Eternal Seramyu Sailormoon, and either Catwoman or Supergirl. I haven't decided which to make yet. ^^;;

Aya Mizu
06-08-2003, 05:43 AM
Very excited about it myself ^_^ My first real trip to Comic Con! (I was only there for Saturday night to watch the Masquerade last year). No idea what I'd bring though, maybe Chun-Li... o_o

Wai ^^ I hope to see some of you guys there too!

ZiggyB
06-08-2003, 12:20 PM
Yep I'm going. Pre-regged and everything.

Yah I just found out that the cast of Farscape is going. I really hope I can do a Scorpious costume in time. X-o Maybe I'll cheat and do Harvey. :)

Daitenshi
06-08-2003, 01:27 PM
I work that weekend. >.<** I really want to go, so hopefully I can switch a work day or something and attend on saturday.

Ashe
06-08-2003, 04:57 PM
Kamui: I think we should put together at least a cosplay.com gathering, ne? There are so few of us anime cosplayers that we should stick together.

Al: I don't know anyone else doing VHD cosplay. I'm bringing Caroline for two reasons - 1) I want to fix it up, and SDCC seems like a good chance to wear it after improvements. 2) I need to get pics with some Star Wars cosplayers, so that we can have a shot of Bitchzilla and her Storm Troopers. =p

KepBebop - When are you going to wear Merry? Maybe we can have a little LoTR gathering. *feels KIND of guilty, since LoTR isn't really comics)

Ah, fun fun!!

Ashley "Now I want to make the chase dress ;_;" Rice

A J
06-09-2003, 01:08 AM
I'll be there. Guess the One Ring Circus is making a partial showing, right Kel? =)

I dunno what I'm bringing... whatever the hell is done and fits in the car. =)

LOL Ashley. Damn... I don't think my stormtrooper armor will be any condition for traveling to SDCC. ;) Don't have any time to fix it up. Bleh...

I think LOTR will have to be Sunday for us. We're not allowed to wear masquerade costumes before the masq.

-AJ

kylash327
06-09-2003, 01:10 AM
God I need to go to this...meet all my 501st and Rebel Legion buds again..

KelBebop
06-09-2003, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by A J
I'll be there. Guess the One Ring Circus is making a partial showing, right Kel? =)

I dunno what I'm bringing... whatever the hell is done and fits in the car. =)

LOL Ashley. Damn... I don't think my stormtrooper armor will be any condition for traveling to SDCC. ;) Don't have any time to fix it up. Bleh...

I think LOTR will have to be Sunday for us. We're not allowed to wear masquerade costumes before the masq.

-AJ

You've got that right, AJ! :) Unless things change in a major way, at least part of One Ring Circus will be there. Woo! :D

And yep, we have to wait until Sunday to actually wear our costumes in the halls. That's okay with me, though. I have lots of other costumes I can wear before then! It might be nice to spend some time at SDCC actually dressed as a girl. :thumbsup:

All good things,
Kel

Sana-chan
06-09-2003, 08:42 AM
Awwww man lol. I was gonna prolly wear my Legolas costume either Friday or Saturday cuz that's when most of the LOTR stuff happens.

Ghyra
06-09-2003, 10:46 AM
AARG! plans have changed once again! We're going to CC!! Huzzah! I'm cosplaying Boton from Yu Yu Hakusho in a group. *jumps around with a baseball bat* Huzzah!!!

KelBebop
06-09-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Sana-chan
Awwww man lol. I was gonna prolly wear my Legolas costume either Friday or Saturday cuz that's when most of the LOTR stuff happens.

Yeah, well...if it weren't for the masquerade rules, I'd probably wear my Merry costume earlier. But what can you do, right?

I'm really looking forward to all the LOTR stuff at the con! :D

All good things,
Kel

mochan42
06-09-2003, 04:17 PM
Wow, lots of people are going! We should definitely try and put together some kind of group meeting or something, don't know how that all works, but it would be fun! ^_^

Aya Mizu
06-09-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by KelBebop
Yeah, well...if it weren't for the masquerade rules, I'd probably wear my Merry costume earlier. But what can you do, right?

I'm really looking forward to all the LOTR stuff at the con! :D

All good things,
Kel

I imagine we'll probably make a mess prepping on Saturday until the masquerade :D At least, I'm sure I will XD

Nadeshiko
06-11-2003, 02:48 AM
Looks like I won't be able to go....Fanime and Anime Expo are too close to each other, and I'm helping out my boyfriend with his finances.

Hope you guys have tons of fun! *^^*

Sana-chan
06-11-2003, 08:55 AM
Nooooooooo you hafta come!! (sniff) that sucks >< But we'll definately meet up at AX ^_^

kylash327
06-12-2003, 10:28 PM
Does anyone know the weapons policy? I cant find it on the site or in the masquerade rules anywhere. I know many of the Star Wars groups come out to this and they always have guns and the like, I'm surprised I cant find anything on it in the site anywhere...

yasafusa
06-12-2003, 11:13 PM
Well, I know that in Cal; you cant sell or have a toy gun without a small orange tip on the barrel... This helps people distinguish between real and fake (namely cops, security etc)...
So if you were to take a little bit of orange paint and just throw a little coat on the tip, it would be better to have a slightly odd gun than none at all cause the security confiscated it.

-yasa

kylash327
06-13-2003, 01:24 AM
Well I'm thinking more about Swords myself...sorry i wasnt specific ^_^; My aragorn costume is kinda dumb without the sword...it would be sheathed...and I'm over 18...

Utinni
06-13-2003, 05:09 AM
No need to worry about a lack of Stormtroopers... the 501st is in the HIZOUSE! :) We're going to have a Fan Table in the Dealer's room again this year, and the Rebel Legion has it's own table too! I'm a member of both clubs, I'm the Head of the So. CA Rebel Legion Base, and Asst. Squad Leader of the San Diego 501st Squad. The So. CA 501st Garrison has over 100 troopers, and most of us are attending. Saturday is SW day for us, so that's your best chance of seeing most of us in costume, also it's when we take our group pix on the stairs!

Stop by the Rebel Legion table and say hi!

Jeff
So. Ca Rebel Legion Base Commander
TK-1178 So. CA 501st Garrison

Sana-chan
06-13-2003, 08:37 AM
Last year a couple of members from my group had swords. I'm not quite sure exactly what the weapons policy is, but they kept tying around this ugly huge red flag around them O_o.

kylash327
06-13-2003, 10:45 AM
Yo Utinni, I used to be an active member of both legions until I sold my Jango armor :p Maybe I'll stop by and see you guys. Do you know if Gallo "Goat" will be there with Arturo?

A flag? Yeah that sounds about right...I had to have blasters stickered before..

Utinni
06-13-2003, 01:51 PM
I heard Goat may show up, haven't heard if Arturo is coming.

Well, there were 2 groups of Ghostbusters there last year, the really cool accurate ones, us :p , and 4 goobers that are totally annoying and make a bad name for costumers! We were the group that had the smoking ghost trap and the Keymaster walking with us! This year there will be close to 8 of us!!! :D

We have a LOT planned this year, we're working with Comic-Con, LFL, Hasbro, Del Rey Publishing and a few more people, so you'll see us ALL over the place!!! I believe the 501st is holding a Panel also about costuming and running a LARGE costume Fan Club!!!

HOPEFULLY the Peace Ties won't be as bad this year!!! They went CRAZY last year!!!! They even peace tied our Proton Packs!

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut......I'm an exhibitor again this year and was reading the handbook and it doesn't look good. LOTS of things have been banished from the Con and are not to be sold! ANY replica gun, Airsoft, and other types are not to be sold. And if any are on display, MUST be tied down and well away from the public. I was planning on bringing SW blasters for display for the Rebel Legion and 501st booths....d'oooooooh!

I'm just hoping they'll let me in with my Colonial Marine costume! My Pulse Rifle is based on an Airsoft gun, the battey won't be in it so it can't fire, but it's mostly metal and looks and feels real. Hopefully I can just show them my exhibitors badge and tell them I going to my booth like I did last year when they stopped me about my Stormtrooper blasters! :devil:

I hope to bump into anyone who is going!!!
:cool:

Jeff

kylash327
06-13-2003, 04:07 PM
Yay, I've been meanign to catch up with Goat!

Dark Vision
06-14-2003, 06:34 AM
Just say this, they would've peace tied wall scrolls(rolled up) to you if you swung them around.

kylash327
06-14-2003, 11:01 AM
ugh... so basically, as long as i have my sword in a sheath and never touch it, I'm ok?

mochan42
06-14-2003, 02:03 PM
At sakura-con they had me put a little neon colored string thing on my staff and swear to never swing it at anyone and use it just for show. So, I would assume at most cons it's the same thing, and I don't think they'd appreciate you swinging your sword around, but I think for pictures it might be ok. You can always ask. ^^

Maryssa
06-14-2003, 04:29 PM
Ok so, costume wise, I'm not sure except for Nessa and I being bitchy Slytherin girls ^^ I really want to make Gunner Rikku by then but I dont know if I will have enough time...

kylash327
06-14-2003, 05:05 PM
They made you mark your stick? O_o ugh, this will be interesting ^_^; I guess I find out when I get there...

Aya Mizu
06-14-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Maryssa
Ok so, costume wise, I'm not sure except for Nessa and I being bitchy Slytherin girls ^^ I really want to make Gunner Rikku by then but I dont know if I will have enough time...

Eeee *huggles* You made such an awesome Rikku too ^_^

Velvy
06-21-2003, 11:08 PM
I will so be there. I <3 Comic-con. *hugs all the Comic-con goers*

Wait....*reads a Nessa post* Billy Boyd, Elijah Wood and Domini--@_@ *Sniffles majorly* I wasn't at last year's Comic-con, but I was at the one before. But--damn, those are some damn good guests. *_*

Yuna
06-22-2003, 01:16 AM
Yeah, they get better every year!! XD~

DiRTyBuNNy
06-22-2003, 05:05 AM
I'll be there..in plain clothes with my digital camera...

Sana-chan
06-22-2003, 10:06 AM
I really hope that all the LOTR people come back again but including this time Orlando Bloom and Viggo Mortensen *o*

kylash327
06-22-2003, 10:24 AM
TheOneRing.net will be there giving away free LOTR stuff :D

Sana-chan
06-22-2003, 12:31 PM
I think last year I got so much free LOTR stuff to last forever lol, but of course... that was Fellowship ^^ me wants Two Towers XD. I hope they have that huge floating One Ring again too... was easy place to have people meet-up at.

kylash327- are you coming to CC? if so, you hafta wear Aragorn! lol

Yuna
06-22-2003, 07:33 PM
I really doubt that Viggo would show up... =\ And I dunno know about Orli, I think they are both filming other movies. Elijiah Wood is a SDCC regular. 2001 he was just walking around in the dealers hall like a normal guy.

kylash327
06-22-2003, 08:24 PM
Wow, just walkin around? That would be a cool time to get a picture with him in our costumes, but then thats kinda rude, since he's prolly walkin aroudn to have fun. He seems like a cool guy though...

Yeah Sana, I plan on coming and definetly wearing Aragorn :D

Velvy
06-23-2003, 01:23 AM
Elijiah Wood is a SDCC regular. 2001 he was just walking around in the dealers hall like a normal guy.

Ha really? That's awesome. <3 for Mr.Wood. I hope Billy Boyd and Dominic Monaghan show up too (cause you can't beat the Merry + Pippin duo :P).

Suzushichan
06-24-2003, 02:01 AM
YAH!!! SDCC IS THE CON!!! Hey everybody, ROB ZOMBIE is going to be there!!! >_< I'm soooo excited!!! I think the costumes I'll be wearing to the con will be:
Preview night: Vash
1st day:Excel (or pixi misa)
2nd day: Chocobo
3rd day: Dominique (masquerade) & during the day I'll probably be wearing another costume but I'm not sure which one yet (probably team rocket uniform...)
4 th day: Mai Valentine (my sister will be dressed as Mokuba and my 2 other friends are going to be Te'a and Kaiba if thay end up goin'!) ^_^!!!

Yuna
06-24-2003, 11:40 PM
Awesome thing about Comic Con's masquerade:

No wearing the costumes to the con prior to preforming. XD

Eurobeat King
06-25-2003, 04:08 AM
Last year when I brought Saitou, even though my wooden bokken was sheathed, security had to tie one of those plastic clamps on it, but as soon as I got in, I took it off. Shows what kind of a shitty job they did.. heehee

This year no Saitou for me, as again I feel that anime isn't as highly regarded at this con, since the majority of the con is about comic books, sci-fi, films, tv, etc. I walked around the con as Saitou and people didn't know who I was. SAITOU! The one bad-@$$ bishy characters people love to hate! *sigh*

Thus for SDCC, I will only bring a few costumes, perhaps one for each day. And they are:

Thursday: Shinji
Friday: Trowa (Endless Waltz)
Saturday: Hibiki & Ryosuke (w/o the RX-7)
Sunday: Shinji again or none

For Hibiki I will prolly just bring the wooden sheath, and even then security might get on my @$$ about it.. I wonder if people will recognize me as video-game character at comic-con. I hope there's more booth-babes to take pics with, so in a sense, it's YURI-pics if I glomp them. :devil: heehee And originally I was going to bring the RX-7 for Ryosuke, to take pics with the Tokyo Pop booth, but due the emmense size of the con, there is a greater risk of it being damaged by people walking though the crowded convention center. So after AX, the FC stays home until it's time for the fall classic: Animagic.

See those of you going to SDCC in 3 weeks! ;)

Lisa Honeychan
06-25-2003, 05:55 AM
Brian and I haven't fully decided on if we're going to SDCC this year..It's soooo expensive. Yes, it's a fantastic con, but we blow at least $1000 going down for it, and we're trying to save for another trip to Japan in the fall this year.

I kinda doubt we're going, tho...*kinda sad* BUT!!! We'll both be at Ani-Magic in Oct!!! YAY!!!!

kylash327
06-25-2003, 10:10 PM
Just bought my plane ticket :D

mochan42
06-26-2003, 12:21 AM
I barely have the expenses, I'm not even sure if I am officially going, but I have pre-registered. -_-;;

Oh look, a duck.

*swoosh*

ZiggyB
06-26-2003, 02:06 AM
kylash327: Hey that's great! I'll see you there, hopefully with my Scorpy costume.

Damn, I guess I should get working on that huh? :/

Suzushichan
06-26-2003, 02:30 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Eurobeat King
[B]
Thursday: Shinji
Friday: Trowa (Endless Waltz)
Saturday: Hibiki & Ryosuke (w/o the RX-7)
Sunday: Shinji again or none

OMG! I WANT TO GLOMP YOU AS TROWA!!! :crylaugh:

ParnsAngel
06-26-2003, 02:36 AM
Weeee, I just found out recently that I can go to Comic Con!
Or....I'll be in CA at least ^^
Random trip to CA + happens to be the weekend CC is = COOL!!!

I was worried that there was going to be like, no anime costumers there...

*doodles fairy costume designs during Stats class*

but if anime costumes are allright, and I really can go, I think I'll bring Deedlit maybe...just her green dress, the cape and junk is too hot ^^;;

But yay! I'm excited ^_^

Yuna
06-26-2003, 06:09 AM
Dude, ignore whatever people tell you about anime costumers getting guff and negative opinions at SDCC. That's all in people's head. Anime cosplay is just as welcome as Sci-fi cosplay. Comic Con INTERNATIONAL is about comics from all over the world, including Japan =D

Sana-chan
06-26-2003, 09:22 AM
Yup! Exactly what Nessa's said. I've been going to Comic Con way longer then I have AX and have worn anime costumes. No one's ever had a problem with it and I'm always asked for photos and stuff ^_^.

Utinni
06-26-2003, 02:04 PM
Comic-Con is now a Multi-media entertainment Convention, no longer just Comics and Sci-fi. I'm happy to see it becoming more of a costume con too!!!!! :)

Jeff

Suzushichan
06-26-2003, 04:04 PM
I WILL BE A CHOCOBO ONE OF THE DAYS!!!^_^

DiRTyBuNNy
06-26-2003, 10:25 PM
I've already picked out my costume..I'll be a totally non-descript caucasian gentleman in jeans and a t-shirt with a camera hanging off my shoulder..oh well...

kylash327
06-26-2003, 10:30 PM
Im gonna go scifi/fantasy this time. Aragorn and Farscape PK Commando.

Suzushichan
06-27-2003, 02:41 AM
awww...no arucard? ;) darn... I really wanted to glomp an arucard @ this year's CC ^_^. *glomps anyways*

Velvy
06-27-2003, 09:06 PM
I only have two set costumes so far: Mirielle (Noir), Alice (American McGee's Alice), maybe Saya (Blood: The Last Vampire) for another one.

I WILL BE A CHOCOBO ONE OF THE DAYS!!!^_^

Haha, I'd love to see that. ^_^

Suzushichan
06-27-2003, 09:55 PM
OOh! I have a Mirielle costume too! I'm wearing it to AX but i dunno' 'bout CC...^_^

L to the 3rd
07-08-2003, 12:55 AM
I'm driving down friday night....i'm
attending comic-con as a professional. ^_^

I have noo idea what to cosplay tho'.
i know Legolas for sure but... maybe
Gunner Paine..if I can make/buy a gun
in time. Oh i will wear Cloud if I get it
fixed up.

Aya Mizu
07-08-2003, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by ZiggyB
kylash327: Hey that's great! I'll see you there, hopefully with my Scorpy costume.

Damn, I guess I should get working on that huh? :/

*pokepoke* Heeee, Will see you again in two weeks, ne? :cool:

ZiggyB
07-08-2003, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by Aya Mizu
*pokepoke* Heeee, Will see you again in two weeks, ne? :cool:

Yep! Hope you're not too sick of seeing my ugly mug. :)

Sana-chan
07-08-2003, 10:41 AM
I'm gonna wear Gunner Yuna, Legolas, Thief Rikku, and Songstress Yuna methinks...

Lisibit
07-08-2003, 01:10 PM
I'll be there, I think. So many artists I must meet! I'll be wearing the only costume I have at the moment...O.o it'll probably be a very long time before I finish a new one. Bleh. Cosplay newbie-ness is tough.

Something Lulu
07-08-2003, 01:12 PM
If I can fix Lulu enough so that I'm able to wear it comfortably, I'll wear it. Other than that it will probably be Lenne, Popstar Yuna if I can borrow Sana's wig, and Tifa. (Yes, I realize those are all FF costumes...)

Natsuki
07-10-2003, 01:45 AM
Yaaaaaay!
Talk about nearly zero hour! But I get to go too!
I would really like to meet lots of new people, since I just moved to the Bay Area in Oct. ^_^
Wooo! I'm so excited ^_^
Costumes!
Bleu or Clover from Blue Monday
Miwako (Parakiss!)
Delinquent Schoolgirl (long skirt/mask) I've ALWAYS wanted to do a costume like that XD
and and and...Who knows!

Playing catch up from missing AX...is it obvious? :3

Eurobeat King
07-10-2003, 02:42 AM
Something Lulu: You, Sana_chan, and Freya should take turns wearing Julia also, since that costume looked good on you, and if that is Sana's costume, SHE should wear it also. Sadly, I won't have the car, but I will have the AE86 plushie you can hold for pics. ;)

Knight_Survive
07-10-2003, 06:31 AM
wee! im going! find the Jiro and Lupin and you get a complementery hug. I'll also bee the raving Toymaniac with the huge Transformers:Armada Unicron on my hands (2 feet tall,I think 1 foot wide,still a huge box)so say Hi! ^_^

Sana-chan
07-10-2003, 11:36 AM
lol Bebopness... hmmm maybe. We were gonna do it on Thursday at first, but that was back when we had a Spike ><. Not sure if Spike-a will cut it at CC lol. I'll be Rikku on Thursday tho XD

Demonica
07-10-2003, 12:07 PM
~raises hand~

Something Lulu
07-10-2003, 12:27 PM
I dunno about wearing Julia around Comic Con. The fanboys aren't the problem, it's just all the regular horny guys who chill there. >_< I think I run into more problems there than at any anime cons, but despite it I think I look forward to Comic Con more, since it has a lot more stuff that I'm interested in. But we'll see!

Suzushichan
07-10-2003, 12:38 PM
I'm still not quite sure what costumes I'll wear to CC...
I'm pretty sure my Excell costume will be finished,
I know I'm goin' a day as chocobo. ^v^
And if Cristpin Freeman is going to be there this year I'll try to finish up my Integra costume a little quicker! ^_'

tydawgsd
07-10-2003, 02:17 PM
Well looks like I will be going Friday only. If I do, it will be in my Kakashi costume. Hope to see you all there ;)

AgentSakur9
07-10-2003, 02:30 PM
Ooo Ooo Ooo BTW I got pictures of Comic Con 2002 Up on my site...

http://www.agentsakur9.com

Check it out!!!

tydawgsd
07-10-2003, 07:11 PM
Yay, I will be there Friday. Look for a Kakashi with really white hair.

L to the 3rd
07-10-2003, 11:12 PM
http://www.comic-con.org/Pages/CCIPros.html

I'm on there.. did stuff for Antarctic press and Diver
comics. ^_^

ZeroLimitCRymer
07-11-2003, 03:06 AM
Hi my name is Chris and I'm new to these forums and I will definately be there! I'll be there in my Boba Fett costume for a couple days and an Agent from The Matrix the other days. Yeah I know...nothing Japanese, anime, or FF related yet. Still working on that Solid Snake costume! Sorry no Mullet! See ya guys there!

Freya
07-11-2003, 10:56 AM
Well Al since you're Shinji on
Thursday I guess I'll have to make a reappearance as Asuka that day too. ^_^

Other costumes I'll wear, definitely Frodo on Saturday (as it is the day that there is another LOTR panel at 2:00 and the possibility of seeing Dominic again thrills me LOL; featuring guests Andy Serkis and Richard Taylor)

I'm still debating whether to wear Riku again, I really don't wanna be Sailor Jupiter just cuz, and it's kinda awkward to be Dorothy without your Gundam group, even though people who go to Comic-Con generally know what Gundam is.

Otherwise I might do double duty as Frodo on both Friday and Saturday. ^_^

MPsy
07-12-2003, 05:40 AM
Hello!
I'm pretty new to board here, I do hope to see anyone at the Comic-Con. I'm not sure yet who I'm going to cosplay as, but my friend is going as Silent Bob.

I was thinking to go as Manga Spider Man, I'm not sure if I should go as normal Spider Man or black costume Spider Man.

Now I need to know what to use for the eyes, something that will allow me to see though so I don't have to cut eye holes.

If that falls though anyone know of a character from anime, comics, or video game who wears a black kung-fu uniform?

yasafusa
07-12-2003, 02:21 PM
I finally got my plane tickets; there was a huge problem with my tickets printing... it was for a different day!!! I'm really glad American Air was kind enough to fix thier error, but it took forever to get the replacements!!!!!!!!!!!!! Soo close to going, yet so far... but not now!

"I'm like totally there!"
-a friend

I'm just not sure how hard I should try to pass...
(I have the exact outfit and falsies, but should I do makeup?)
(We'll see if my step mom is a magician with makeup) Luckily someone supports my new hobby!!!!

This IS my first cosplay/crossplay not to mention CONVENTION EVER; I'm not sure what to expect! I spent the last three months getting my outfit together, to make sure it's just right.

I'm not the type of person to get nervous easy, but *ahem* I think I know what people mean by "butterflies in thier stomach".... tho mine seen to feel more like dragonflies!

Oh, der... *What was I thinking?* My costume is FULL black leather... I'm going to have to drink lots of water!

ChibiMoFo
07-12-2003, 08:19 PM
I never been there, but I wanted to before. I might be able this year...What kinda stuff happens there?

Yuna
07-12-2003, 09:38 PM
Everything happens there! Too much happens to write down in a post.

ZeroLimitCRymer
07-14-2003, 01:47 AM
Seriously, Comic Con is like the thing I look forward to all year. I couldn't write down all the stuff that goes on there. It's just one of those things that you have to see for yourself. See you guys there!

Chris Rymer
Film Maker, Zero-Limit Productions

Wolfgirl
07-14-2003, 01:56 AM
hmm I only have one costume since its my first year doing cosplay left over from the california anime con. Should I cosplay princess monoke there or put some crazy x-men costume together. LOL Who thinks monoke would be ok for the comic con?

Wolfgirl
07-14-2003, 02:01 AM
I would put on my katsume Liqure costume from silent mobius but um who at a comic con would know what that is :P

ZeroLimitTsume
07-14-2003, 02:17 AM
I would! ... yea I'm not gonna be anything for comicon this year, but that's ok... that's why I have to go all out next year!! Hm... *thinks away*:skidude2:

Yuna
07-14-2003, 02:41 AM
SDCC is lots of cosplayer's gateway cosplay drug...

ChibiMoFo
07-14-2003, 04:39 AM
Hmm looks like If I go, I go alone :l My friends down here aren't interested, and its too late to get my friends up north >_< Least I can crash at my grandma's place in ocean beach hehe.

Suzushichan
07-14-2003, 12:37 PM
Cool! O.B. I have friends who live down there!^_^
Sorry, that was a little off topic. '_'.
Well...OMG! only 2 more days!!!
GGAAAAAAHHH!!! *runs off to finish her dominique hat*

yasafusa
07-14-2003, 11:52 PM
HAHA, cool! I used to hang out in OB all the time, once lived right next Rocky's surf shop! My aunt lives on Newport!

Suzushichan
07-15-2003, 01:49 AM
Hey, I went down to "the black" in OB to get some purple hair dye for my costume today. ^_^ I love the beach!

Rikkie
07-15-2003, 01:53 AM
Oy.. I've been looking forward to this for a year, but I can't make it to SDCC ;_;
I'd get dropped from summer school (damn save me from highschool) and I don't have a ride anyway. My friends and I forgot to register too lol. Well I'll just read and look at the pictures.

Hehe, have fun everyone! =)

Eurobeat King
07-16-2003, 02:51 AM
Freya: I'm wearing Shinji on Friday, all-day.. So hopefully you'll get this message BEFORE Thursday, so you'll know NOT to wear Asuka on Thursday. Else, I can wear him again on Sunday so we can pair up. :)

My last post here before I leave San Francisco tomorrow night, so I'll see everyone who's going to be there either TH, FR, or SAT. I should be down in SD around 6am on Thursday, so look for me in the at-con registration line, possibly towards the beginning, wearing regular clothes (probably holding the AE86 plushie) if I'm not zzzzzzzzzzzzing in line until registration starts at 9am.. hehe If anyone wants to bring me some nice, Starbucks coffee, it'll help with the loooong day of pics I have planned from the start. ;)

See you at San Diego Comic Con, minna-san!! :skidude2:

Suzushichan
07-16-2003, 03:04 AM
What'ya want from starbucks? Hmmm...thursday I'll be a chocobo again, but in the morning I'll be dressed "normal".

Tsubomi-chan
07-16-2003, 02:49 PM
Brand new to the board, I'm Tsubomi & I'll be @ con as summer uniform Sakura, Hikari from EVA (lookinbg like just a random EVA chick) Kero-chan, and Delerium from Sandman. Yay for con!

ChibiMoFo
07-17-2003, 01:24 AM
anyone know where a cheap place to park is o_O

Yuna
07-17-2003, 01:36 AM
Trolly Station parking garage. It's about 2 blocks from the convention center. It's a huge red and cement building, you can't miss it.

OoOoO, Julie you made it =3 Yay!

ChibiMoFo
07-17-2003, 03:23 AM
thank you :D

Rogue Marvel
07-17-2003, 09:42 AM
Me and my friends parked at Trolly Station last year. It was great! only a short trolly ride and you were there

This year we are planing on parkinh at the H street Trolly Station since its down the street from were we are staying and then just taking the Trolly all the way in.

Anyone know how long that will take?

yasafusa
07-19-2003, 12:52 AM
Well, I'm in SanDiego now.... See you Saturday!

yasafusa,
as Rally Vincent!

Yuna
07-19-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Rogue Marvel
Me and my friends parked at Trolly Station last year. It was great! only a short trolly ride and you were there

This year we are planing on parkinh at the H street Trolly Station since its down the street from were we are staying and then just taking the Trolly all the way in.

Anyone know how long that will take?

It will take about 20-30 minutes from there because you have to get out at the transfer sation and board the trolly for the Con Center.

MPsy
07-23-2003, 04:37 AM
My friend and I parked near the convention at a boating village place thing...but we had to pay $40.00 for our spot.

*Sigh*

L to the 3rd
07-23-2003, 04:56 AM
whuut? that's crazy, the most i payed was $14.

yasafusa
07-23-2003, 11:04 PM
Hey, I 've got some great pictures!.... You'll have to wait a bit tho... I'm in the process of moving!

FlameSniperRei
07-24-2003, 02:04 PM
40 DOLLARS for PARKING???????? OMG x_x; ???? They better have like security guards running around and people opening your doors. *kicks expensive parking*

Eh? what Trolley station? That big building with like scary moving people statues outside? ^^;

Rogue Marvel
07-24-2003, 04:27 PM
we parked on H stree (for free!) and got 3 day trolly passes

worked out cheeper then the hassle of finding and paying for parking down town

MPsy
07-26-2003, 01:35 AM
What can I say?

I'm an unlucky chipmunk...

My friend and I got there around noon on Saturday...it was a nice parking space...not $40 nice...but nice...and we was only going to be there for one day...oh hell...lets just say it! I'm a baka chipmunk!!!

Suzushichan
10-20-2003, 03:33 PM
took the bus to the trolly, then the trolly to the convention center... I had my friend's mom pick us up on saturday though...heh.heh. the buses/trolly don't run at 2:00am! ^^'

Reno_kun
10-24-2003, 01:43 PM
yeah i was good seeing you aging. even though.. nvm...^^;;;

Suzushichan
10-24-2003, 04:36 PM
*runs away...* I'll be late to um...yeah, that meeting...um, work! yeah! I'll be late for work! *runs faster and is nowhere to be seen*...

KirinPandora
11-07-2003, 11:02 AM
Hey everybody - I'm planning on going next year and was wondering what's some of the closest hotels to the con center? I've tried looking on other sites but haven't had much luck...

Reno_kun
11-07-2003, 02:53 PM
the best thing to do is make a few frineds and ask if you can crash at thier place for a few nights.

KirinPandora
11-08-2003, 02:23 PM
er...no, I don't think that'll be happening ^^; That's a little too weird..... besides, there's going to be like 6 of us and we're gonna be trying to get a suite a split the cost. I'll keep looking for hotels.

Reno_kun
11-08-2003, 02:32 PM
oh my misatke forgive me, it's just that asumed you where alone. thats just does not sound right at all.

LandersBard
01-21-2004, 06:51 PM
moved this to the right one. oopsy

Yuna Summoner
02-13-2004, 12:31 AM
Weee! I'm going to SDCC and I am sooo excited because it will be my first convention ever!!! I hope all you guys will say hi to me and get pics with me! I'm trying to finish all my costumes by then....I think I'll bring Poison Ivy too, for the comic book fans such as myself.

Plus I've never been to SD so it should be way fun. Any suggestions as for what I can do while I'm there?

Nightfall
02-13-2004, 03:23 AM
Well if your over 21 downtown has a lotta bars/clubs if you like that sorta thing. Theres also Mission and Fashion valley malls. There both huge, lots of places to look and shop. Theres Balboa park, its a peaceful place with some gardens and museums. Uhh...theres probably more stuff, but when you live in a place you kinnda take it all for granted. :)

Yuna Summoner
02-13-2004, 11:45 AM
yay, I'm legal. Actually, I'll be 22 next week. I'm old.

Reno_kun
02-17-2004, 01:51 PM
and the thread dies with out fail.

Nightfall
02-17-2004, 05:43 PM
Well this thread was ment for last years comic con...so we probably shouldnt have bumped it.

Beheaded_Teddy
06-02-2004, 09:11 AM
need a costume quick!!! O.O oh my god... i feel so stupid for signing up to this site without a costume!!! agh!!! i need help too!!! cant get parts fast enough! um um um... i should just make a stupid harry potter costume... -.-...

Dany
06-02-2004, 10:32 AM
need a costume quick!!! O.O oh my god... i feel so stupid for signing up to this site without a costume!!! agh!!! i need help too!!! cant get parts fast enough! um um um... i should just make a stupid harry potter costume... -.-...

There's nothing stupid about Potter. You'll just have to keep your eyes open, because there's rumor that Lucius Malfoy and Snape will be wandering around on Sunday.

;)

Kurai-Akuen
06-03-2004, 12:45 PM
Comic con is the best!! ive gone almost my whole life *since i was like 4* and i looooovvveee going! it's sooooooo huge, and even if you're there a whole day ya cant see everything!
*obviously im going*
i live like only 20 minutes away... if the traffic is light, ya know? if u see someone as lenne, it's probably me!!

Dany
06-03-2004, 05:20 PM
..and if you see Lucius Malfoy on Sunday, that's very likely me. ;)

Everything else is just monkeybait, more or less.

I've come to the conclusion that I need something that will make me ludicrously obvious other than a five-layer costume. I'd say "Oh, I'm gonna be dressed as Dawn on Friday" (which I am, actually) but I'll likely be one of about ten dozen Dawn's fluttering around. I have to say something like "I'm going to be the Dawn in the black latex dress with the red silk dupioni skirt and backside-length hair that answers to Dany or Lara Goth."

And that is freppin' difficult!

-no-
06-07-2004, 08:59 PM
I'm going.

shagrath
06-09-2004, 11:41 PM
i'll be going 2 comic-con for my 3rd year, but i think i'll end up having to go alone this year, i don't know ne1 who's going

Jinyo
06-10-2004, 01:01 AM
I'll be there. I love Comic-Con! I still haven't settled on a costume to make for the con, tho... because I'm a procrastinator. I would have said so earlier, but I was putting it off...

I'm going to try to get one of my friends to go, in costume. Fat chance, but I'ms give it a shot, it's more fun than doing it alone.

MPsy
06-13-2004, 03:24 AM
Looks like I can only make it on one of the days *DAMN ME AND MY NEED FOR MONEY TO SURVIVE!!!*

I'll try to get my Sandman costume done for comic-con...oh and Sandman the one in the gas mask and not the other one!