PDA

View Full Version : anyone selling their art?

evaneko
05-13-2003, 05:05 PM
i personally will be autioning a few of my better peices, and i was wondering if anyone else was selling anything. ^^ *begin shameless plug* all my art will be by eva richardson and so far will include squall (FFVIII), rei (evangelion), and original b&w elf, and miwako and arashi (paradise kiss). i should also have one or two more finished by then. ^^ so bid high!! *end shameless plug*

im just curious if anyone is selling anything, and if so what are they selling???

eva ;)

Rei2Rei
05-13-2003, 06:04 PM
Blarg!

I was going to sell some art but I decided not to because no one would probably buy my art! :bigcry:

Hikaruchan
05-13-2003, 06:33 PM
Since they are already matted, probably will hang http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=4624&papass=&sort=2&thecat=3156 and http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=5616&papass=&sort=2&thecat=3156

Will have to see what other finished art have. Also, if I get in early enough on Thursday, may try to color a piece or two.

liz-maru
05-13-2003, 06:40 PM
i might sell one pic i love that i drew of sol badguy he looks so cute and hot ^^ i think the ladays might like to buy it! wait do we have to have the original or can we photocopy it and put it in the frame? lol jus wonderin! and hikaru nice work o_O so cool!

Hikaruchan
05-13-2003, 09:05 PM
Think can have originals or colored prints in show

j-chan
05-13-2003, 11:05 PM
well, i have to finish coloring 'em, but i'm submiting four pictures, methinks. they are: harryxdraco, zelgadis 3/4 portrait, tsukasa, and an original neo-scotsboy. :3 they'll be matted and shrinkwrapped! woo! (i may finish a magnet or two, a yatta man, george&yukari, or a ddr pointilism. who knows?)

i'm setting the minimum bid at $5. if you see any work by jesika, please bid! i'd really appreciate it. (heck, just breaking even on matting costs would be nice. oro~...)

Link Arroway
05-14-2003, 12:30 AM
I might buy art, but I won't be selling any.. heh. :D

Giant Alucard
05-14-2003, 09:43 AM
I might be selling a few pieces of artwork while I'm there, but I'm not sure if they are good enought to sell. I post a pic of them once i get home since I have a scanner there, you couls help me to chose. I'll also be selling a Silver haired version of Dark (from DNangel, don't ask why i made his hair silver, i thought it would look cool that way *shrug*) that i still have to complete, but it will be done by this afternoon. I don't have a clue what other characters whould sell good at this con though..........

minako chan
05-14-2003, 11:46 AM
Hmmmm.....I was thinking of doing a watercolor, but I'm not sure who to paint. Anyone gotta fav character they want to see?

evaneko
05-14-2003, 06:35 PM
beat me to it minako... i was just gonna ask if there was anything that anyone would really like to see- i tried to run the gamut- old new anime video game manga orignal fantasy... but im just not sure what would sell. i think the thing that sold for the most last year was a pic of asuka as spiderman pinning shinji to the wall with the web spinny stuffs... but i dont do that kind of art... ^^ so i hope that people will buy it anyway... but im rambling now... shutting up ^^

Mako-san
05-14-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by j-chan
well, i have to finish coloring 'em, but i'm submiting four pictures, methinks. they are: harryxdraco, zelgadis 3/4 portrait, tsukasa, and an original neo-scotsboy. :3 they'll be matted and shrinkwrapped! woo! (i may finish a magnet or two, a yatta man, george&yukari, or a ddr pointilism. who knows?)

i'm setting the minimum bid at $5. if you see any work by jesika, please bid! i'd really appreciate it. (heck, just breaking even on matting costs would be nice. oro~...)

ohh i will definately be bidding on the harry and draco art!!
I love buying fan art! I can't draw worth anything so I like to support those that can! It amazing what you guys can draw! My house is full of fan art and I love it!!

Giant Alucard
05-15-2003, 08:36 AM
Hmmmmm, this dumb computer wont let me upload my pics to the site......... so lets see if I can get them in by using my computer at home. Oh, and I say that pic with asuka as spiderman that you were talking about........... it was different to say the least.

liz-maru
05-15-2003, 09:03 AM
i tired to draw some stuff last nite at like 12 and i managed to draw half of squalls face in two hours >< and now i cant finish it. blarg! and Mako-san thats wonderful the way you support fanartists! your rockin!

evaneko
05-15-2003, 03:58 PM
^^ yay to all the people that collect fanarts!! ^^ last year some harry potter stuff sold really well, would anyone be interested in it again this year with book 5 coming out soon and everything?? ^^ just curious ^^

akiko
05-15-2003, 04:20 PM
Absolutely I will be selling - I will have work both in the show/auction, and will probably set up camp in the Artist's Alley for a while. In addition to some great chibi InuYasha pieces and several originals, my friend and I will be doing Calligraphy and Japanese-style ink paintings. I'm really curiuos how more traditional style Japanese work will sell. I will be very hard to miss at the convention - I'm going to be the Rei in a wheelchair, with a Kamakaze Kaito Jeane.

--Akiko

Link Arroway
05-15-2003, 05:51 PM
All that sounds really cool, I hope to buy some.. I'm going to be browsing and maybe buying some art this year. I need money :'(

Mako-san
05-16-2003, 12:35 PM
yeah I think Harry Potter art sells alot!
Last year my sis and this guy was bidding against each other and it got up to around $250 bucks, I had to physically restrain her and myself from jumping up and beating the guy down :thumbsup:

At Katsucon I bought lot of fanart, usually anything of my favorite characters or just something that catches my eye and is so beautiful I try to buy it. Oh anything Yaoi, between my fav characters is good too! So I look forward to the art auction and show!

Hikaruchan
05-16-2003, 12:54 PM
Sigh, I got outbid on the 1 piece of art I really wanted last year. But was a little irrated a couple months later when girl who won it was trying to resell it. I offered her my highest bid from the con, but she turned it down as she was hoping for more money. :(
There was a really nice D drawing last year, but it wasn't for sale - else I probably would have been going for that.

evaneko
05-17-2003, 07:59 PM
^^ i finished a harry potter peice but i will not be selling the squall one after all- im just too attached to it ^^ i may have a little extra time this week so ill ask again- is there anything that anyone would really like to see? any predictions on whats gonna sell super-well this year?? just wondering.. ^^

KurumiChan
05-19-2003, 12:22 PM
I'm working on a two-part Chii/Freya pencil sketch from Chobits- It's an original and I spent alot of time shading it and all. What do you suppose I should put as the min. bid? I can't decide
(it's a two-part set so..)

Hikaruchan
05-19-2003, 12:36 PM
I figure I might look around at other artist stuff first, to try to get an idea of what to price stuff yet. Would have the min at least cover the matting cost.

Link Arroway
05-19-2003, 04:07 PM
I dunno what you'd set it at, but I might look to buy :D Sounds very cool.. I dunno what i'm looking for, but I like anime videogame stuff, not really a harry potter fan

KurumiChan
05-19-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Hikaruchan
I figure I might look around at other artist stuff first, to try to get an idea of what to price stuff yet. Would have the min at least cover the matting cost.

hey! that's an idea! I think I might do that-- But I can't wait too long-- else I'll lose my spot on the wall, ne?

Giant Alucard
05-20-2003, 07:36 AM
I'll have to look around to price my stuff too, but i won't try to price it too high. I have 5 pictures so far:

Dark from DNangel (color)
Yellow eyed Kenshin (color)
Digi charat Group (color)
Blue haired girl (forgot her name, the one with the angel wings and the ax) from .hack (Will be color)
Deedlit from Lodoss Wars (most likly will stay a pencil sketch)

Link Arroway
05-20-2003, 07:46 AM
DIGI CHARAT ^_^!! :D Deedlit too :D Dunno blue hair'd girl, haven't seen .hack..
I can't wait to see those cool arts, KurumiChan's Chobits art, and all the other cool arts this year. :)

evaneko
05-20-2003, 11:21 AM
i am probably setting minumum bids just high enough to cover costs so probably around $7 for the smaller ones and $10-15 for the larger ones... i think its pretty reasonable ^^

ShingoBunny
05-20-2003, 12:34 PM
I can't wait to see people's stuff! I don't have anything really ready for sale, though. Wish I had some fanart of my favorite pairings... lol.. oh well.

Hikaruchan
05-20-2003, 12:46 PM
Looks like I won't have time to color anything as will be finishing costume, so will just have pen drawings.

AshleyV
05-20-2003, 04:07 PM
I don't even have that. I just have a bunch of clothing designs and incomplete sketches. I was hopeing to have one or two finished but it is looking doubtful.

evaneko
05-21-2003, 11:05 AM
im very sorry about that ashley... and hikaruchan your pictures look really nice anyway ^^