PDA

View Full Version : Crossplay=Addiction!

Romann
05-13-2003, 09:03 PM
Wow...I just noticed after I made my first crossplay costume (the Allen one) I want to make more guy costumes! I have 2 more planned, and I won't stop there! I didn't realise how fun (and addicting) this can be!!! Anyone else experiencing this?

Karisu-sama
05-13-2003, 09:17 PM
Anything new is always fun and "addicting". ^^ All of a sudden you feel free to explore a whole new aspect of cosplay. I quite enjoy crossplay; it's fun to do fully-dressed guy-attitude (much to my poor husband's chagrin, heh heh!), and crossplay is the only time I get to fully do that. I still do "girl" costumes as well, though.

Noir! PLEEEEZE come out to CA for AX or sumthin'! I NEED an Allen to dis! :p ^___^

Nine
05-13-2003, 09:49 PM
I don't really experience a different feeling from when I cosplay characters who aren't my gender. To me, no matter who I dress up as, female or male, it feels the same. It's just all cosplay to me. :)

Romann
05-13-2003, 10:03 PM
True true...but I've mainly regulated myself to female costumes, and now I see that I can really do any costume I wish ^_^ But you're right, it's still cosplay

I would love to go to AX and get bullied by you, Karisu-sama. But alas...lack of funds...Next year I'm definitely going! I'll have plenty of money by then! And seeing how Widow might be going to Otakon as Dilandau with a pack of Dragonslayers, I'm already preparing to watch my back >.>; Lol

Lucifer
05-14-2003, 12:03 AM
I'll admit I'm addicted to crossplay. After doing it once, any costume that is female-ish I feel uncomfortable in (or I look like a man wearing women's clothing).

-_-;

Karisu-sama
05-14-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Noir Lumine
And seeing how Widow might be going to Otakon as Dilandau with a pack of Dragonslayers, I'm already preparing to watch my back >.>; Lol
It's not a "might be going", it's a "WILL be going", heh heh... She does have at least one DragonSlayer, although she and I are trying to round up more to go to Y-con with us this October...

Well, I very likely will wear Dilandau at AX '04 too, with as many DragonSlayers as I can get (one - my daughter - is guaranteed!). I see NOOOOO reason to retire that costume ANY time soon! *snicker* I'd love to see you there!

^___^

Ukayoru no Chou
05-14-2003, 01:36 AM
Wah, if I can still get to AX like is *currently * planned, I should have my Allen costume done then too, nurr. ^^;
Yes, Crossplay is great fun *_*; (but evily hard sometimes.. )

Karisu-sama
05-14-2003, 01:53 AM
If you do, look out for me! ^^

Scortia
05-14-2003, 08:32 AM
Oh yes, I understand the feeling. Once I opened myself up to cosplaying men that gave me at least three times the number of favorite characters available before for cosplay. I just have too many favorites. And I hate to admit it, but, after trying on some of my male cosplay, I realized that girls who are of good height and weight looked damn good in crossplay... perhaps even better than guys when it comes to bishounen. Well, anyway, I've got a list of about 10 guys I want to cosplay in one year... just not enough cons for each, I suppose. ^^;;

Koumori
05-14-2003, 08:59 AM
I agree with Nine. It's never made any difference to me if I or anybody else was dressed as a character of the opposite sex.. cosplay is just cosplay to me, and I don't really understand why so many people make such a big deal out of it.

cube
05-14-2003, 11:34 AM
This may sound strange but I haven't done "regular cosplay" yet. Crossplay is more difficult, maybe I just like to make things difficult for myself.^_^

vyrax778
05-14-2003, 02:27 PM
Its fun and I cant wait to see the look on my friends Faces when i run up to him going "SEMPAI!!!!!" at expo :-D

yasafusa
05-16-2003, 08:19 PM
I'd have to agree with Cube; crossplay is more interesting in the fact that most people don't have much practice looking like the opposite sex, let alone how hard it is dressing up as really cool characters in extravagant outfits and hair! But for those who feel that they've come across something too difficult; remember to try agian and agian... and you'll proly get it right! :)

Oh, and welcome vyrax778. I used to live in Tucson on Juarez street by the Porche dealership! It's a small world!

Nine
05-17-2003, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by cube
This may sound strange but I haven't done "regular cosplay" yet. Crossplay is more difficult, maybe I just like to make things difficult for myself.^_^

Crossplay is "regular cosplay" :S

Romann
05-20-2003, 01:05 AM
Yeah... it takes the same skills to make the costumes ^__^

Nine, who's that girl in your banner sig? She's so~ pretty!

Nine
05-20-2003, 01:27 AM
She's Domino! She's a eurobeat artist. :)

ShingoBunny
05-20-2003, 12:46 PM
Crossplay for me is a lot more fun >3~ I've done a total of TWO, that's right, TWO female characters -- Yuffie and Chocolate. It's a lot more fun for me to do picture requests of Maiden Mashing a person than having to make sure I'm not stalked around by a group of not-so-clean fanboys. Not to mention I prefer how guys' costumes fit and feel and how I generally like male characters more, lol. I can only think of three or four costumes that are female that I'd like to do...

yasafusa
05-30-2003, 01:05 AM
Well, cosplay is addictive... butilikeit! HEHE, I'm doing my first crossplay; I actually was having quite a bit of fun talking to the girls in the make-up aisle (They were wondering who I was buying eye-liner and lipstick for... I told them about cosplay and I think I may have spread the addiction!)

Mizuno Tenshi
05-30-2003, 11:26 AM
Well... I've been a crossdresser for a while... and I've been an otaku for a while... so I'm gonna be cosplaying for a long long time! And as a female, of course. :p
To quote the great Dom... "Cosplay is love"

P-chan