05-13-2003, 09:04 PM
Who's not finished their costume?

j-chan
05-13-2003, 10:05 PM
*runs screaming from thread*

T________T

TeRRaFLaMe
05-13-2003, 10:19 PM
I haven't even started yet... actually, I haven't even gotten the materials. But, don't worry, I'm a fast worker. I can get it done fast and good.

minako chan
05-13-2003, 10:26 PM
I keep trying to convince myself that I work well under pressure....

AshleyV
05-13-2003, 10:40 PM
I'm so not finished but it will get done! Tomorrow when I get home it's major sewing time. Everything is pin together just gotta sew it.

Oshi
05-13-2003, 10:40 PM
Havn't even started. Already have all materials I think. Wee.

Hikaruchan
05-13-2003, 10:41 PM
Not even close, iffy if will get it done.

arisuchan
05-13-2003, 11:25 PM
*laughs a lot then falls over dead*

Link Arroway
05-13-2003, 11:27 PM
I'm confident in my abilities!

Rei2Rei
05-14-2003, 05:51 AM
*raises her hand because she's guiltily*

I'm not done yet..! :blubber:

Cosmos
05-14-2003, 06:26 AM
Nowhere near done yet here either. Have most of the materials, going out today to get what we don't have already, but it'll be okay, just gotta work quickly. :D

Giant Alucard
05-14-2003, 08:23 AM
nowhere near close to done. I can't upgrade some parts of my alucard costume til after the con. My waldo costume is out of the question now that i decided to go to prom............ I am dead po'. My junpei costume is ok so far, since i have most of the parts to pull it off, except for the hooded sweater and the spiked collar (I fail to realize it would be this hard to find a good priced hooded sweater, i was able to find one at sears but for $30, and I could find a spiked collar big enough for my neck........... sucks to be big some times). I can't even make my gun holders on my alucard costume now, and that means i'll have to walk around with them in my hands the whole time I'm in costume.............. Well, I can say it really sucks to be me right now. I have to get ready for Prom this friday and the con next week. Is it just me, or does all the urgent stuff seem to come up right before the con????

Ranma Saotome
05-14-2003, 09:05 AM
Spike isn't done...
3rd Mix Rage isn't done...

They will be come Thursday! ^_^

ShingoBunny
05-14-2003, 11:31 AM
*cries* *runs around screaming* *falls over dead* *sits up* K'9999 needs a LOT of work, Shingo needs pants, Kensou needs armbands... *cries*

liz-maru
05-14-2003, 01:20 PM
im so not done it aint even funnie >< i got so much to do here sniff *dies* jk jk lol i bet i can dew it! woo!

Link Arroway
05-14-2003, 01:44 PM
I Think I can get my work done in time, with a slight bit of room to spare :D So i'm thinking about trying to pull off something extra.

Himemiya
05-14-2003, 01:56 PM
I have bows to make and skirts to finish and an entire sailor mercury costume to start ::runs around like a crazy person:: And Eeeee!

But all this stress is worth it! Right?

ShingoBunny
05-14-2003, 02:17 PM
Everyone..... We can do it!

*ENCOURAGE*

Don't panic, lol... that'll just make things worse...XD;;

Farmboybob
05-14-2003, 02:44 PM
Oh, ShingoBunny, I like the dramatic *ENCOURAGE*. :) I'm still not finished with the finishing touches of my costume. But I'll finall finish it this Saturday after I see The Matrix Reloaded!

Ranma Saotome
05-14-2003, 02:47 PM
Roomate lost other sewing kit... I'ma gonna be fabric gluin!

Link Arroway
05-14-2003, 03:20 PM
I Wanna see the new matrix...

panicing sucks, but its funny! it helps me sometimes o_0.. sometimes.

rogue
05-14-2003, 04:11 PM
*tee hee* I'm all finished, and ready to go!

Link Arroway
05-14-2003, 04:14 PM
Lucky. Have you packed everything yet? :P 9 DAYS!!!! I think..

rogue
05-14-2003, 04:16 PM
Packed? No, I don't pack until the day I leave. (which will be Thursday)

Link Arroway
05-14-2003, 04:24 PM
Yeah same.. sometimes day before.. must finish my costume... so close! Then I just get food and pack and go!

liz-maru
05-14-2003, 04:28 PM
im gettin ready to go on weds ^^ but i have to go to work so -_- gah i need to get back to work >< WE CANT DO IT i like shingos attitude! yes em! woo!

Link Arroway
05-14-2003, 04:38 PM
Good luck with your work liz-maru
working sucks =( I have school, but lucky for me I live around 10 minutes from the con, so I Don't have to travel far. I'm going to the pre-con as well this year :D

liz-maru
05-14-2003, 04:50 PM
YAY cool im going tew (to the precon thing on thursday)! wooot! awesome! ^^ youll have fun link arroway! ^^ you are so lucky to live so close! ill look for your badge and shout at you! ill be like yo! ^^ ah hee!

quadrain61
05-14-2003, 04:57 PM
I need to find one more item and i'm done if i don't find it i'm screwed

Link Arroway
05-14-2003, 05:14 PM
Awesome :D I'll wear my NERV shirt. It's black and red and great.

evaneko
05-14-2003, 05:17 PM
>< *not done* some finishing touches- but very time consuming finishing touches... and i just found out that i have no $$ anymore so now i have to somehow make or aquire reeaaaallllyyy cheap chii ears. wahhh. i *might* go to precon... if im not busy finishing up my cosumes... BIG if

Himemiya
05-14-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by quadrain61
I need to find one more item and i'm done if i don't find it i'm screwed

What do you need to find?

Originally posted by evaneko
>< *not done* some finishing touches- but very time consuming finishing touches... and i just found out that i have no $$ anymore so now i have to somehow make or aquire reeaaaallllyyy cheap chii ears. wahhh. i *might* go to precon... if im not busy finishing up my cosumes... BIG if

a headband ( $3 for a pack of 3), a few sheets of craft foam (33cents apiece), and hotglue. You can do it! ^_^ I know theres a how-to guide on some post on cosplay.com...

quadrain61
05-14-2003, 07:45 PM
i need to find a size 34-35 black jacket in which i thought my dad had one to snatch but im goin to the mall anyhow. :D

Link Arroway
05-14-2003, 09:01 PM
I need to, go buy some socks!

AshleyV
05-14-2003, 11:18 PM
After spending from 2 this afternoon noon until 11:15 this evening I've managed to make some serious progress with my costumes. Chi is just about finished. All I have left are some semi-minor details. Dark Gunner Yuna is about 60% complete! At this rate I'll be finsihed with them by Monday night.

Link Arroway
05-14-2003, 11:21 PM
Yay! With 8 days left, start wrapping up soon everyone! I can't wait to see how everyones costumes come out :D.
AshleyV: Yay Chii ^_^ and Dark Gunner Yuna, sounds cool! Wearing them both at the con?

AshleyV
05-15-2003, 12:05 AM
yes! Chi will be worn Saturday morning and Dark Gunner Yuna is going to be on Friday in addition for a quick change for the FFX-2/FFX photoshoot right before the cosplay.com shoot.

Link Arroway
05-15-2003, 06:35 AM
Cool. I'll say hi if I see's ya!

liz-maru
05-15-2003, 07:35 AM
_-_ gah im so far behind it aint funnay i cant find the right pompoms for me moogle costume *anger*

Ranma Saotome
05-15-2003, 08:54 AM
Cheerleader for the "Fighting Moogles"? :)

ShingoBunny
05-15-2003, 11:02 AM
*continues to encourage* ^_^

*looks at the liquid latex, foam, glue, and red cloth* Hehehe... T___T Stupid K'9999 costume.

Link Arroway
05-15-2003, 10:41 PM
Sounds interesting! Keep up the good work.
Alright, I'll try hard tommarow too!

Yuna Kitty
05-15-2003, 11:32 PM
Oh I've ony got...um...four costumes left to do...two haven't even been started...only one is for me to wear...

BUT! I absolutly REFUSE to bring a $%@# sewing machine, glue, paint (well maybe paint for random prop touchups...) but anything of the like to AZ this year (or any other con from now on)! I will be done by Thursday! I'm going to friggin' enjoy this con...dagnabbit...yee-haw and all that...

...I think that's the hem-tape talking...or the lack of blood from stabbing myself once too often with stick pins...

::laughs a little, twitches, and starts to cry:: Someone send over a nice vanilla breve latte...

Ranma Saotome
05-16-2003, 01:29 AM
If I can't get this red vest tommorrow, my 3rd Mix Rage costume is scrapped.

Link Arroway
05-16-2003, 06:13 AM
Go go Yuna Kitty you can do it :D

Good luck Ranma :D 3rd mix Rage will be cool

akiko
05-16-2003, 09:17 AM
Have the base done for mine, but still have all the details to sew on, and the pack to make *sigh* stupid plug suit. If I weren't injured, I could be winged and elf-eared and not have to worry about plug suits. But alas, that is not to be.

--Akiko (whiney today)

Yuna Kitty
05-16-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Link Arroway
Go go Yuna Kitty you can do it :D =^_^= Thanks -- I feel better now that I just got my hair cut. Possitive energy! Time to focus! I almost finished the two last night so I'll probably start the third this evening. Wish me luck, and thanks again ^_^

I look forward to seeing you all there!

Ranma Saotome
05-17-2003, 01:08 AM
3rd mix rage has been canceled. :(

Yuna Kitty
05-17-2003, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by Ranma Saotome
3rd mix rage has been canceled. :(
Mau...no way at all? Maybe find someplace you could purchase one just to be able to do it? =-_-=

Himemiya
05-17-2003, 03:37 AM
Awwww youre canceling rage?! ;___;

And for me... Sailor Venus has been canceled. I have other times and other cons, and it's just not going to look nice. I don't have the time to make it look right.

I'm going in pink-EGL country lolita wear all day, instead of just for the GL*VK panel ^__^ Why? because I'm obsessed with EGL, i'm in a pink stage, and I have all the stuff and accesories for it. Look for the girl with the white parasol and the bunny XD

Oshi
05-17-2003, 04:06 AM
Shuuin is postponed til Otakon.
In his place, I'll finish off my Balamb Garden Student Uniform (FF8). *shrug*

arisuchan
05-17-2003, 06:33 AM
I have this horrible sinking feeling that I wont be getting Subaru done just because I still haven't heard from the person making my wig O_o I think I am taking Oshi's plan and just pushing her back to Otakon. *sigh* But at least Dark Gunner is almost done and I was able to make a quick easy Merryweather from Count Cain costume. I just have to put the frills on that. Can't wait to pick up Jibrille tomorrow as we can sew like fiends until we leave on thursday *^^*

Ranma Saotome
05-17-2003, 01:23 PM
Yuna Kitty, Himemiya: I'll look again today. If I can't find it... >.<

ShingoBunny
05-17-2003, 04:11 PM
arisuchan: Ahhh~ I know how you feel about wigs~!!! T__T
Link Arroway: n____n Thanks, I hope to finish it in time! n.n

WAAAI~! *breaks out the party stuff* As of right now, my Yabuki Shingo costume is FINISHED!!! ^o^!!! *dances around* You can do it people! *looks at K'9999 costume* >_>;; Ehh... damnit.

evaneko
05-17-2003, 07:08 PM
good luck to everyone!! *sends magical you-can-do-it vibes* im am very close to being done... and i will have time this week since i finished up my art... my costumes SHOULD be complete by animazement (knock on wood) and if not- well then chii will just have some pretty parts missing. :(

Link Arroway
05-18-2003, 02:37 AM
Yay for magical vibes! :D Now I just have to stay calm... @_@

ShingoBunny
05-18-2003, 03:22 PM
I actually got to work on the SDM arm! Yaaaay~! It's all painted now! Just for the glue.. and it's DONE!!! AHHH! I can't believe it! n______n Just need to make the cape!

Everyone, you can do it!

Giant Alucard
05-19-2003, 06:57 AM
The mistress of fate has smiled upon me for once and I was able to find a black hoodie for my Junpei (megatokyo) costume. Now I have to put "NINJ4" on the front and "GOT L337" on the back. Still waiting for the mask off ebay, but i can always make a costume onw if time gets to short, and I was able to borrow a pair aof rave pants from a friend, do that costume is all set.

The only bad news was i was forced to put my waldo costume on hold til i can get more funds. So i think i will have it made by otakon, but i will most likly have my friend wear it due to the fact that he looks more like waldo and I'm too easy to find due to my height. oh well. I really just hope my friend gets done with my alucard hat though before this con...... without it i look like a strange cross between micheal jackson and ozzy osborne........ weird.

Link Arroway
05-19-2003, 06:59 AM
thats too bad.. I'm not tall so I was hoping it would be easy to find waldo :D

Giant Alucard
05-19-2003, 07:07 AM
I know..... i was looking foward to it so much......... But i was forced to go to prom. They screw you over with the prices for stuff. But it was strange when i put my tux on with a pair of white gloves it looked very close to My saitou costume..... too close. Makes me want to buy that tux just for that purpose, but i am po'.

Link Arroway
05-19-2003, 07:15 AM
money sucks, and getting ripped off on stuff sucks too. poorness sucks, cosplayers need a magical endless visa card XD

Ranma Saotome
05-19-2003, 09:03 AM
And yes, I shall have Spike Spiegel done tonight. :D

Yuna Kitty
05-19-2003, 12:56 PM
::sends big Yuna Kitty happy-go-lucky we can all do it and not kill ourselves vibes and hugs to everyone!:: ::breaks out the pom poms::

Status report: Yuna and Lenne -- almost done. I'll finish the flounces today and then tada! (minus some handsewing on the sleeves and skirts)

White Mage Yuna: Erhm...well, it's getting there, but has a bit to go. If I succeed, it'll be done sometime around...5 a.m. And then I get to do details! Yay...

Chii: I got the fabric today...um...and the wig too...and...that'd be about it on that one, but she'll be done by Thursday afternoon (I keep telling myself that...and oddly, I believe me).

And I'm going to the costume shop tomorrow to by kitty ears...tain't no way I'm making them...besides, they're for my own enjoyment =^_^= You know, I really need to look into getting my own sweat-shop ^_~

liz-maru
05-19-2003, 01:51 PM
alls i gotta do now is iron all my costumes and make sure they are presentable! ^^ whew me happy no more hard work left!

Hikaruchan
05-19-2003, 01:56 PM
Status report - started working on Lucrezia sleeves (all 3 layers), hopefully can get all attached tonight/tomorrow. Then will have hat/trim/pearls to tackle Wednesday/Thursday.

ShingoBunny
05-19-2003, 02:03 PM
I wish I didn't have any hard work left... lol...
Here's my status report...

Kusanagi Kyo -- Done, only with a slight repair to be made on the shirt.

Yabuki Shingo -- DONE! n_____n

Sie Kensou -- Need armbands and knee guard-thing

K'9999 -- I have the fabric for the cape, the boots need touchups, and then there's the arm... I'm not going to have the belt, tho...

Link Arroway
05-19-2003, 02:25 PM
almost 3 days @_@ i think........... *Falls over* I hope i'm ready ^^ fun fun woo tired.. can't wait :D

Ranma Saotome
05-19-2003, 11:23 PM
Spike is halfway done. :D

Link Arroway
05-19-2003, 11:30 PM
Woo!! Keep working hard!

ShingoBunny
05-20-2003, 12:20 AM
I should be making a run to the store tomorrow (well... technically today... lol) to get the stuff to complete my costumes.... COMPLETELY! I need to pack up my stuff, too... @_@; AND make that stupid cape! Grwaaarr....

Link Arroway
05-20-2003, 06:08 AM
And study day begins... How can I make this more entertaining by working on something for cosplay... I can only wait now and watch it all fall into place! Muahah.. ^_^

Today I must finish the latin project I got away with not having for one, and hopefully two days :D and make up a test and a quiz from when I was sick, and another test at home.. open book :D.. aww crap I forgot something, stupid homework.....

Ranma Saotome
05-20-2003, 08:42 AM
Lucky I am. :) My roomate's mom is actually sewing up Spike.

KurumiChan
05-20-2003, 10:05 AM
How can you guys manage to do so MANY costumes? ANd you're wearing them ALL to this con....
geez, it was hard enough for me to get ONE costume together ^.^*
Status Report for Steel Angel Kurumi costume:
-Shoes are done! Finished gluing the details on them last night
- Need to style the wig
-Need red thread so i can hem my ribbons for the shirt and hairbow....as well as all my red trim
-Bustier needs sewn and hemmed- waiting on the red trim (see above)

I CAN DO IT? >.< I think...

evaneko
05-20-2003, 10:27 AM
i dont know how some people can pull togeather so many costumes... 2 is too many for me

status report:
yuffie- hem shorts, make head band
chii- finish styling wig, finish necklace, finish second armthingy, make ears, make leg thingies... i might have to drop some of the leg thingies though... :(

*sends more magical you-can-do-it vibes* good luck!!

Ranma Saotome
05-20-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by KurumiChan
How can you guys manage to do so MANY costumes? ANd you're wearing them ALL to this con....
geez, it was hard enough for me to get ONE costume together ^.^*
Status Report for Steel Angel Kurumi costume:
-Shoes are done! Finished gluing the details on them last night
- Need to style the wig
-Need red thread so i can hem my ribbons for the shirt and hairbow....as well as all my red trim
-Bustier needs sewn and hemmed- waiting on the red trim (see above)

I CAN DO IT? >.< I think...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! :)

BTW, I'm expecting a glomp from you! :)

Link Arroway
05-20-2003, 03:29 PM
Yay more magic vibes. My spirts are now much higher, so close!! Only a few days! My costume will be ready and everything is pretty much in order! I can't wait. I'm going to try and get there really early Friday morning, since I live only like 15 minutes away :D
Good luck again everyone! And thanks for the vibes evaneko! :D lol

Ranma Saotome
05-20-2003, 10:25 PM
Spike is done! :D

Himemiya
05-20-2003, 10:38 PM
I'M DONE I'M DONE I'M DONE! ::dances:: Done done done! DONE! ::dances more::

Link Arroway
05-20-2003, 11:44 PM
Congrats Himemiya, Ranma. I'm done more or less, just gotta get everything together.. Won't really be done until I get there. ^^

AshleyV
05-20-2003, 11:49 PM
YEA!!! Congrats Himemiya and Ranma for finishing!!!

KurumiChan
05-21-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Ranma Saotome
YOU CAN DO IT!!!! :)

BTW, I'm expecting a glomp from you! :)

:p YAY! And a glomp you shall get! ^.~
Thanks for the encouragement! I hope I can go to your partay!

ShingoBunny
05-21-2003, 11:05 AM
I didn't get to do ANYTHING yesterday... T__T! I have to finish K'9999 completely TONIGHT! Ahhh! *runs around in circles*

evaneko
05-21-2003, 01:45 PM
*send shingobunny magical you-can-do-it vibes* YOU CAN DO IT!! ^^ im sure it will be super-beautiful ^^

Ranma Saotome
05-21-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by KurumiChan
:p YAY! And a glomp you shall get! ^.~
Thanks for the encouragement! I hope I can go to your partay!

^_^

evaneko
05-21-2003, 06:26 PM
YAY FOR ME!!! i finished yuffie!! yay-ness!! ^^ im sooo happy ^^... now to finish chii ^^;;;;;;;;

Giant Alucard
05-21-2003, 06:31 PM
you can do it!!!!

Link Arroway
05-21-2003, 08:14 PM
I just got back from gettin food, forgot pocky, oh well, got lotsa foood!!! Tommaro I must pack and go to the pre-con, come back and leave around 10am friday..

evaneko
05-21-2003, 08:18 PM
;-; i am stressing big time over chii's ears... they just are not working out... this is very bad... i though i was gonna buy them but i dont have enough cash now and its too late anyway.. and they JUST ARENT WORKING DAMMIT!!!!

Ranma Saotome
05-21-2003, 10:10 PM
Use foam rubber. ^^ Cut up a couch cushion. :D

Yuna Kitty
05-21-2003, 10:24 PM
::twitch::

...::twitch twitch::...

::bashes herself in the head with Yuna's staff::

...ow...

ShingoBunny
05-21-2003, 11:16 PM
*dashes into the room* Guess which girl has a Tetsuo-like arm and boots for a K'9999 costume?! MEEEE~! AHAHAHAHA!!! *dances around happily* Kensou's also done~!!!!

*looks at cape* .....SHUT UP, RED CLOTHY-CLOTH... x_o;; Gomen... just spent the last greater half of the day glueing foam and stuff.... Plus, the paint spilled in the bag with the Kensou socks.... *cries* At least that's the only damage that happened....

But... AHH!!! K'9999's almost done, and Kensou's DONE (minus sock cleaning)! Just that cape left~!!! *passes out*

lov-e-ly pain
05-22-2003, 12:00 AM
OFFICIAL DAY PLAN:

3:00 PM: arrive home from school
3:01 PM: dye corset, straps, umbrella; wait for them to dry
3:30 PM: sew black skirt, measure
4:30 PM: buy more lace, more dye, and more extras
5:00 PM: check goodwill for possible cosplay additions
5:30 PM: return home, finish black skirt, purse
6:00 PM: dye sweater pink
6:30 PM: finish purple skirt
9:00 PM: finish pink sweater
9:30 PM: finish accessories
10:30 PM: pack

FIN. I am a cosplay fiend.

Ranma Saotome
05-22-2003, 01:52 AM
What costume is this?

lov-e-ly pain
05-22-2003, 02:42 PM
It's for two - one, a Harajuku FRUITS girl, and two, a lolita girl. :3

ShingoBunny
05-22-2003, 07:41 PM
Farewell "not finished yet" AHAHAHA! Just finished K'9999! I'm DONE!!!