View Full Version : Rubbery blob thing...

05-13-2003, 11:33 PM
I was wanting to know if anyone has heard of a modeling compound of some sort that after it's modeled, still has can be streched around, yet keep the shape that it's been modeled in. does that even make sense? *rereads her sentence* *L* I'm looking for something that feels like a gak spalt (has anyone heard of those?) but i don't want one shaped like a football or anything. (Gak Splat --> http://shop.store.yahoo.com/farmgoods/gaksplatfoot.html ) I just want to form some kind of blob with arms and eyes, out of this material. Does anyone know if heating up a gak splat, or something like it, and melting it a little to shape it would work? I don't want to make my blob out of fimo or model magic, because those get all hard when they dry...does anyone have suggestions?

Space Invader
05-14-2003, 11:42 AM
Try silicon or latex. The silicon would be easier it form IMO, but I've never worked with it, so I can't honestly say. I know they use it on clothing for rubbery, stretchy spikes and stuff, and those lightbulbs that have the clear spikes on them... it's all silicone. If you do work with it though, be very careful... the stuff is nasty and quite hazardous. You would probably have to work in layers and then use something like an exacto knife to get all the little details right.

05-14-2003, 04:59 PM
ohhhh that stuff is silicone that they make the rubbery spikes from? i always wondered *L* thank you for the suggestion, i never thought of silicone! i think i will look in to trying. I did hear that it was toxic when it wasn't dried. ok thank you!

Space Invader
05-14-2003, 09:51 PM
It might not be able to stetch TOO much without ripping or something weird, but it is extremely squishy and rubbery ^_^.