PDA

View Full Version : DDR Active!

Link Arroway
05-13-2003, 11:53 PM
Who'se going to be entering in the DDR tournament and how good are you? :D I might not enter but I will be playin whenever I get a chance to on the weekend, maybe I'll enter just for fun, I need to improve my skills..

Cosmos
05-14-2003, 06:27 AM
I don't have enough courage to enter XD ...I will however play a little whenever I get a chance though =x

Link Arroway
05-14-2003, 06:29 AM
That why I wouldn't enter, I'm good enough to play some songs on standard, and songs around 5 and 6 feet. But thats nothing compared to some people. I could do a step more, but I was sick, so now i'ma have to work myself back to where I was. Haven't played much in like 2 weeks -.-'
Altho, I wanna play vs. lotsa ppl :P Meeting people and playing DDR, fun stuff.

Ranma Saotome
05-14-2003, 09:12 AM
I will be entering. Aw hell, I'm playing two games of MAX 2 today. :D

Farmboybob
05-14-2003, 02:33 PM
Cosmos, I feel your pain. I was in awe whtching last years ddr players. They were sooo awesome! :)

j-chan
05-14-2003, 03:08 PM
well, i wanted to enter but i decided against it. XD; i've only been playing for five months! still, i think i'm good enough to actually play in the game room and not feel like a foool. :3 i can usually do 7-8 footers in heavy, but i'm not familiar with the max 2 music, so... *shrug*

either way, i'll have me some ddr fun. XD

Link Arroway
05-14-2003, 03:18 PM
MAX 2 is cool, I've only been playing maybe a month now :D I'll cheer on Ranma and everyone else who enters :P

evaneko
05-14-2003, 05:31 PM
im DEFINATLY not entering as im so bad its not even funny but i will most likely watch- last year i watched and my eyeballs were about to pop out of my head... some of thsoe people have mad skillz... ^^

Link Arroway
05-14-2003, 05:52 PM
the amount of arrows flying by at some times.... o_o I'm starting to be able to follow most things now, but not all enough to follow into the motions yet. but.. I'll get there :D
still, the amount of endurance some of those ppl got flying through all that stuff endlessly is amazing!

Himemiya
05-14-2003, 07:19 PM
I'll be playing some, but I don't like playing for competitions... I don't really play to be the best, so entering in a contest would be kind of silly for me ^^; (translation: i suck, and im too lazy to get to maniac/heavy, so i make excuses and stay on trick XD)

Cosmos
05-14-2003, 07:21 PM
Well, I'm not horrible at DDR, I can acheieve an A or AA ranking on just about any standard mode (just on DDR max for PS2), I can still barely handle anything on Heavy mode though, it's frustrating being stuck between levels x_x

Link Arroway
05-14-2003, 07:28 PM
Cool, it would be fun to be really good, I think.. but until then I'm still trying to skip up to Heavy :D I don't mind, but i'm one for making excuses as well. But I like playing ANYTIME I get a chance :D
I'll play anyone who asks if I'm not busy, even if there a ton better than me. It's fun. I wanna play all of you too!

quadrain61
05-14-2003, 09:19 PM
heck if i even go up to the pad, the monitor's gonna pop out a gun and shoot me in the head

Link Arroway
05-14-2003, 09:27 PM
You should of seen me, just a few weeks ago, playing on the DDR 7th mix at arcade in the food court of the nearby Crabtree mall in Raleigh... I had never played in the arcade and it took me at least an hour to get used to it, I would continously miss arrows and hit my foot on the bar. lol. 8 hours later, Light mode all the way! 4 hours later I had the hang of it tho, it was fun. but I wasn't playing them hard standard and stuff. one guy came in there who could do like MAX 300 on Heavy or something like that. it was inspirational. :D

Oshi
05-16-2003, 02:04 PM
I'm gonna school all of you. *grin*
I can pass most 9-footers now, and 1 10-footer (Bag). I'd say I'm an 8.8 on a scale of 1-10

I just hope AZ has good pads... or an arcade machine, that'd kick ass =D

Link Arroway
05-16-2003, 02:10 PM
maybe they'll have some good arcade style platforms. :D oh well i'm not going to win, I'm going to have fun :D

AshleyV
05-16-2003, 03:07 PM
I'm not sure if I'm going to enter the tournment cause I hadn't played much since the begining of school but I know that I'll play DDR during the weekend!

Link Arroway
05-16-2003, 06:13 PM
Over the summer I might build my own DDR Platform from one of the how to's linked to from the forums on DDRFreak.com but, I might be lazy and save up and get a cobalt flux.

evaneko
05-17-2003, 07:11 PM
-_- i dunno anything about ddr pads but last year i think they just had the plastic ones...

Link Arroway
05-17-2003, 07:52 PM
hard plastic platforms? thick rubbery plastic? pads? thin plastic sheet like pads? :D they should get cobalt flux platforms for us to use :D but then, saves them money, as long as it works well i'm happy.

kdthompson
05-18-2003, 12:39 AM
Don't get your hopes up too much...last year, my lil bro who got third in the DDR contest was pissed because the pads were busted. Poor kid...he's awesomely good too...

And they won't have an arcade machine...if the sharadon provided it, that'd be one thing, but since people bring in the stuff for the game room...having high quality DDR will probably never happen in the near future (aka a week from now).

There'll probably have the thin plastic off brand pads like last year...

:( And if I wasn't so out of practice, I'd enter, but my lil brother will be entering this year (He's not old enough to have his own account yet ^_^ so I'll speak his peace) ...he'll be the lil boy in the Yugi Moto costume with real hair...

Link Arroway
05-18-2003, 12:55 AM
broken pads majorly suck :( oh well i'm not entering so it wont bother me that much. :|

evaneko
05-21-2003, 06:14 PM
last year they just had the thin floppy plastic ones... they always wiggled around when people would use them ^^

Link Arroway
05-21-2003, 07:15 PM
They should use some of my black duct tape and tape them down to the floor :D

kdthompson
05-22-2003, 12:10 AM
That's what I use at home...it does wonders for one's accuacy on a pad

what I have done at home is fairly cool; I duct taped my brother and my pads to those pig puzzle piece type foam things and it's quite nice. I have bad knees and angles and it helps, not to mention they're easier to move and you don't waist alot of tape

Link Arroway
05-22-2003, 06:21 AM
I tried one of the mods at ddrfreak.com's forums. Basically securing the pad to a plywood board and and putting plastic sheeting on it. Didn't work out soo well, but I think the pad was already worn, didn't do it on a new one.. and I was rushed and later flour was spilt all over it so its grimy in the edges and covered in extra tape to make it less slick.. Lucky I have good ignition type pads, but those found on ebay. I'll probably bring them to the con.