PDA

View Full Version : Air Gear Cosplay (Agito)

(GG)Nami_Misaki
08-26-2007, 09:03 PM
Yeah,I am going to make Agito's wedding dress costume thing to go to fanime next year XD but I need to find a wig that is cheap...>.<; Can someone help me to find a wig?Please give website links.Thank you!^.^

Reference pic:
http://tn3-2.deviantart.com/fs7/300W/i/2006/345/4/a/Air_Gear__Agito_by_tenshi_789.jpg

Schlimazel
08-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Well, in order to achieve the right shape and precise color, you may have to do some work on your own, but I have heard elsewhere on the site that you can find affordable wigs at Perihair (http://stores.ebay.com/perihair). I haven't bought anything from them myself, yet, so I can't tell you much about quality...but I do know that costs with shipping don't seem to go over $20. :3

There are some blue wigs, though it definitely looks like you'll need to do some cutting and styling to get the shape of Agito's hair. You could also consider getting a wig of the right style, and dying it to the appropriate color.

Hope this helps...a little. :/ I'm not too experienced with wigs myself, as of yet!

Kiara004
08-27-2007, 08:32 PM
*squeel* OMG! yay! more air gear cosplayers! That's so awsome! I recently got into Air Gear because of Sac-anime (a con) and how I saw tow Agito's ther.e SO I went and watched the anime. I'm currently reading the Manga too. I'm probably going to do Ikki or a Skull person in the near future. As for the wig, I can get you one pretty cheap from a drama store her ein Walnut Creek. I actually don't live that far from you, and I'm going to Fanime, so I can like, bring it to you. can buy the wig and cut it to match Agito's hair(And no, I won't charge you for me cutting it, lol, I'm bored and like helping people with wigs/props) , the question is, how cheap do you mena by "Cheap"? I cna see how much they are at the store.

(GG)Nami_Misaki
08-28-2007, 10:15 PM
Well, in order to achieve the right shape and precise color, you may have to do some work on your own, but I have heard elsewhere on the site that you can find affordable wigs at Perihair (http://stores.ebay.com/perihair). I haven't bought anything from them myself, yet, so I can't tell you much about quality...but I do know that costs with shipping don't seem to go over $20. :3

There are some blue wigs, though it definitely looks like you'll need to do some cutting and styling to get the shape of Agito's hair. You could also consider getting a wig of the right style, and dying it to the appropriate color.

Hope this helps...a little. :/ I'm not too experienced with wigs myself, as of yet!

XD Thanks!This helps a bit ^_^

*squeel* OMG! yay! more air gear cosplayers! That's so awsome! I recently got into Air Gear because of Sac-anime (a con) and how I saw tow Agito's ther.e SO I went and watched the anime. I'm currently reading the Manga too. I'm probably going to do Ikki or a Skull person in the near future. As for the wig, I can get you one pretty cheap from a drama store her ein Walnut Creek. I actually don't live that far from you, and I'm going to Fanime, so I can like, bring it to you. can buy the wig and cut it to match Agito's hair(And no, I won't charge you for me cutting it, lol, I'm bored and like helping people with wigs/props) , the question is, how cheap do you mena by "Cheap"? I cna see how much they are at the store.

Yay for air gear!XD Hm...How much is it over there o.o?Maybe I can stop by the...store and by it myself ^_^ But you don't have to do it all since it's a bit to much to ask :] I can style it to be like Agito's hair.

Captin Kyo
08-28-2007, 10:36 PM
I got my Akiagi wig from perihair its alright, but not perfect.

Kiara004
08-29-2007, 12:19 AM
XD Thanks!This helps a bit ^_^

Yay for air gear!XD Hm...How much is it over there o.o?Maybe I can stop by the...store and by it myself ^_^ But you don't have to do it all since it's a bit to much to ask :] I can style it to be like Agito's hair.

Um, I don't know for sure, but I cna go check. Probably 10-20 dollars, because my Orochimaru wig was only 22$, and it's LONG.

(GG)Nami_Misaki
08-29-2007, 12:22 AM
Um, I don't know for sure, but I cna go check. Probably 10-20 dollars, because my Orochimaru wig was only 22$, and it's LONG.

Oh,okay.If you can tell me the name of the store(address an whatever) then I can probably come by and check it out myself ^_^

4ng31
08-29-2007, 12:33 AM
This is the exact wig I used - http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_imp.html

Obviously in blue, with a little bit of styling (layering, bangs, etc...)

You can see it in my gallery.

(GG)Nami_Misaki
08-29-2007, 12:39 AM
This is the exact wig I used - http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_imp.html

Obviously in blue, with a little bit of styling (layering, bangs, etc...)

You can see it in my gallery.

...Wow...Just amazing!I mean...your cosplay and the wig is just...-speechless- I'm sorry but you make a great Agito!Hm...maybe I might buy it from Amphigory.

4ng31
08-29-2007, 12:44 AM
...Wow...Just amazing!I mean...your cosplay and the wig is just...-speechless- I'm sorry but you make a great Agito!Hm...maybe I might buy it from Amphigory.

Well thank you, I appreciate it. If you go with that wig, you won't be let down. The reason I used it is because a lot of people do pure blue wigs, and in the anime, it's more of a duller, greyish blue, so with the black base, I think it achieves a closer look.

(GG)Nami_Misaki
08-29-2007, 12:47 AM
Well thank you, I appreciate it. If you go with that wig, you won't be let down. The reason I used it is because a lot of people do pure blue wigs, and in the anime, it's more of a duller, greyish blue, so with the black base, I think it achieves a closer look.

I see your point.Hm...I'm going to think about this one.It seems like a reliable wig.^_^

kereneko
08-29-2007, 09:23 PM
Ooo.. thanks for the wig link! I too Have been looking for a good wig for agito/akito

I might go with this one!

Yay for Air Gear Cosplay! It totally needs tons more cosplayers!

(GG)Nami_Misaki
09-29-2007, 08:45 PM
Ack!I just found this cheaper wig on ebay,but the amphigory one look good too!I don't know...their about the same color.Just need another opinion for it.Amphigory or Ebay wig?

Ebay Black wig with blue streaks cleopatra:
http://i4.ebayimg.com/02/i/01/11/12/46_1.JPG

Amphigory black imp wig with dark blue highlights:
www.amphigory.com/wigs_imp.html (http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_imp.html)

benihime
09-30-2007, 01:52 AM
the ebay one looks more like the color..
but on both the bangs seem too short

(GG)Nami_Misaki
10-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Hm...the bangs seem to be good to me.Does anyone think I should get the ebay one or amphigory?

benihime
10-06-2007, 12:09 AM
personally, and this is just me being anal, i would dye one yourself because to me that amphigory wig they were talking about is a bit too bright, considering how dark it was on the manga cover... but it depends on what you want. that cleopatra wig is good, but like i said i dont think the bangs are long enough

and no one seems to do the little hair flip out thing that he has on the right side. makes me sad

sleepy_hikari
10-08-2007, 02:56 PM
personally, and this is just me being anal, i would dye one yourself because to me that amphigory wig they were talking about is a bit too bright, considering how dark it was on the manga cover... but it depends on what you want. that cleopatra wig is good, but like i said i dont think the bangs are long enough

and no one seems to do the little hair flip out thing that he has on the right side. makes me sad

o.O his hair flip out? really? i don't remember seeing that...><

and thanks for the links! i've been scavenging for a good wig for akito/agito

benihime
10-08-2007, 06:33 PM
yeah he has a small little part on his left side i believe that flips out at the top. it's on his profile page in the 2nd or 3rd volume of the manga i believe