PDA

View Full Version : ooh the bigness...

SephirothXer0
05-14-2003, 08:00 PM
I need some advice on a pair of black boots that go above the knee for a Sephiroth costume. I've tried boot covers and all with no luck, and I haven't found one pair of real boots on the net or off. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Vashu
05-14-2003, 10:30 PM
can you post a pic of it here, please? *forgot how they are* X.x

Sarcasm-hime
05-15-2003, 01:13 PM
Awhile back I kept finding thigh-high boots on ebay, the type that Renfaire people would wear. Those might work...?

SephirothXer0
05-15-2003, 03:35 PM
Here is a good pic of the boots, if you need some reference http://www.tao.cx/tos/fullbody.jpg

Amethyst Angel
05-15-2003, 10:08 PM
Ah yes, knee-length or higher boots: the bane of every cosplayer...

I do see lots of them for sale on ebay, although be warned, you'll probably have to shell out 80-100 bucks for them at least. (Although maybe you'll get lucky and find someone selling off an old, used pair for less than that....)

Akutenshi
05-16-2003, 04:20 PM
Hrm...I don'y see why bootcovers wouldn't work. I'd suggest making them out of something really stiff, maybe vinyl or pleather...if they were too tight put zippers or velcro on the back for closure. You could use the bands around his knees to keep them up and positioned right on your legs..and those could be made out of some kind of fabric too...

Space Invader
05-16-2003, 05:05 PM
>You could use the bands around his knees to keep them up and positioned right on your legs..and those could be made out of some kind of fabric too...

Silver vinyl. ^_^ v