PDA

View Full Version : AnimeFEST 2007~

Honey Usagi-chi
08-28-2007, 12:27 AM
The con is slowly approaching you guys! It's now what, 3-4 days away? Finished those costumes yet? What do you look forward to this year at the con? Post your excitement! ^_^

Also, let's keep this thread open for after-con reviews too >_>;

Arei
08-28-2007, 12:43 AM
Cosplay done...nope XD should be soon though.

Im looking forward to seeing everyone again and photoshoots~

Inuyasha_Kun
08-28-2007, 12:51 AM
This is my first AnimeFest Convention... I hope to have fun with my friend Hikaruhime!

I will be going to AnimeFest this year as Inuyasha, Sumomo, and Ranma Saotome! So look for me!

MoonNeko
08-28-2007, 01:07 AM
I'll be going as Obscure cosplay.. and if I am recognized.. I will probably pee my pants. Anyways, I'll look forward to seenig you too Inuyash Kun xD Don't worry. You won't expect it when it happens, but I'll know who you are at least xD WAHHAHAHAHA

Kikala
08-28-2007, 01:14 AM
Hehe, Man am I ever /not/ ready. XD;

I still have a lot left to do. :c I've already started packing though (since I'll be leaving Thursday... maybe... >.> I dunno if I'm scheduled to work that day anymore... -pokes schedule-less self -
I'm just glad I have no class on Fridays. -grins- Yay! I'm uber excited though... mostly cause I can't wait to debut Seras. XD

Inuyasha_Kun
08-28-2007, 06:59 AM
I'll be going as Obscure cosplay.. and if I am recognized.. I will probably pee my pants. Anyways, I'll look forward to seenig you too Inuyash Kun xD Don't worry. You won't expect it when it happens, but I'll know who you are at least xD WAHHAHAHAHA

LOL

I dont know if I should be scared or what... O.O Either way I am hiding behind my Kagome! (Hikaruhime) or my Healer! (Hikaruhime, depending upon which custom you find me in!) or even my Akane (dressing up as Ranma on monday and meeting with someone)

Melodious Nocturne
08-28-2007, 07:42 AM
haha! this will be my first time at AnimeFEST! i'm so excited!!! X3

TR Rose
08-28-2007, 09:11 AM
We're leaving tonight right after work (trying to make double use of the trip and attend a job fair Wednesday morning) so I won't be on here again until after A-Fest.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!

VoOdOoAustin
08-28-2007, 09:47 AM
So much to do so little time... have to finish weapon, and gloves and frame skirt... then I am done. I will probably finish most of that after class tonight (when I get out at uggghhh...ten pm).
I am ready for our panels though!

Naraku's Kanna
08-28-2007, 02:00 PM
Two out of three costume's ready to go at least. ^^; Hopefully I'll finish my Momiji costume before we get there, but there's no telling if I can or not. I still have to get the wig for one of my other costumes... But I'm looknig forward to spending time with all of my friends that will be there.

Nozomi
08-28-2007, 02:41 PM
I can't wait! My Donald costume is mostly finished, I just have see if I can get someone to fix my gloves, as they're too big for me. XD So if you see a Donald from Kingdom Hearts and a Jessica Rabbit, that'll be me and my friend. ^.^

demonninja
08-28-2007, 04:29 PM
Almost done. Just need to put the finishing touches on my oricalcum eye for jim, finish hijkata's sword, and paint hiruma's helmet. God I can't wait. I know lots of more people are gona want to pet Karin (crocodile).

Evil Kimba
08-28-2007, 05:26 PM
Must...cut out...haori... *panics* Eh, I can get them done in time. I just need to give up sleep! XD

Kikala
08-28-2007, 05:28 PM
Sleep? What is this thing you call sleep? XD;

I'm a bad college kid. ^^;;;; Oh well, luckily it's only the first week of classes so I can snooze through those anyway, plus I don't have classes Friday's. Hah

But yay! Today I got off my lazy butt and set to work, ALMOST finished with everything...

Pita
08-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Ugh everything is almost done, I just got to finish the weird skirt like thing for the bottom of my kyoya ootori costume then I need to do laundry and pack and im ready to get on the plane at 6am on friday T_T i live in california so yeah...I'll be there around 12 or 1 on friday. I can't wait to see everyone there. I'll b going as the waiter Kyoya from episode 3 of ouran high school host club and three characters from prince of tennis. Come up and talk to me people, theres very few people I know there (like 3 people i met last year ><) so come talk to me please~! Yes that's right I'm begging, you feel bad now don't you? So talk to me at the con and you'll feel better :D

I'll probably be sitting at a table doing my homework... T_T curse you college...

angelzxdemonz
08-29-2007, 12:37 AM
im done with my part of the cosplay, my friend isnt with his... which means that overall were.. 80 percent done -o-

the one time i dont procrastinate someone else does it for me...

i cant wait to see everyone there!

benihime
08-29-2007, 03:45 AM
*cough*

my mom gave up and is sewing my ouran jacket
my props are still drying
i'm almost done with wigs

and i'm leaving errr today in about 10 hours??
GAAAH!

Saava
08-29-2007, 08:29 AM
I have like, 2 things that I need to finish but they're minor things. I really want to meet some of you but I doubt I will unless I magically run into you or something. I'll be in gothic lolita attire with SHORT black hair on saturday so if anyone sees me, come say hi!

Pita
08-29-2007, 02:13 PM
@Saava, will do ^_^

Honey Usagi-chi
08-30-2007, 04:45 AM
Not so much cosplay-wise but I went to go get my student ID during lunch today for AnimeFEST. Because last year, picking up my badge, I "-had- to have proof of identitiy" or else I couldn't get my badge. After much arguing, I showed her my old con badges then she flipped out saying "Well if another Mia comes then it's not my problem!!" Okay, Lady, you did NOT have to give me an attitude. I am the CUSTOMER!

Anyway, residing to the point, they scheduled retakes for people who didn't get their ID on schedule pickup ('Cause a camera broke that day and we were going to the movies) It was during lunch, which is only 25 minutes. I was in line for 25 minutes, and didn't end up eating at all. THEN I FOUND OUT I'M GETTING MY ID NEXT WEEK! Lammmmmeeee, and all I had was 2 nutter butter packages afterschool ): What idiot would schedule 50-80 people have their pictures done for 1 day in 25 minutes? >_<

Evil Kimba
08-30-2007, 06:49 AM
It's currently 5:50am, the sun is rising outside...

One base haori with no hem or sleeves is complete. The other will be sewn and then I'll sleep for awhile...Designs and shiz will be put on tomorrow.

I CAN DO THIS! YOSHA!

thefinal
08-30-2007, 11:15 AM
Oie, I stayed up too late (I'm a horrible college student too--so horrible that I'm missing class today to finish everything - haha) and I haven't even finished all my cosplay stuff yet due to making sure everything is prepared for the dealer's room -sigh- Soooo, here I am, letting some paint dry currently so that I may finish my costumes before 2-3pm and then bake cookies before I go :D

Kikala
08-30-2007, 12:36 PM
w00t! -sighs- Everything is finally finished, now I just got to make sure I don't forget anything, finish packing, and then I'm off. This will be my last time on until I get to the hotel tonight. XD;

Saejima
08-30-2007, 12:37 PM
Well I cant afford to miss my classes. I did that last year and made up for it by wasting my summer in school. All I have to do is just get a little material
(paint brush, hair spray, and some rings,) and im good to go ^^

demonninja
08-30-2007, 01:05 PM
All done. Just got to finish pakcing and will leave at 2. Can't wait to see you guys.

thefinal
08-30-2007, 03:31 PM
Waa u.u;; I wish I could leave early but NOOO mandatory orientation at school :( This puts me way behind.

Kageh_Mygen
08-30-2007, 04:18 PM
Just one more day now. My last class for the week is tonight, then I take a bus at 11:50 tomorrow. And I've finally finished all of my costume work, I think.

Lady Saea
08-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Ahh. Got out of work today cuz I'm a little sick (stupid roommates for getting me sick). But hopefully I can finish everything up tonight and feel better. Skipping classes tomorrow to get to the con early-ish.

Left to do:
Wrap Souji's sword hilts for Schizo
Wrap chokutou reiki's sword hilt.
Add decorative fabric/cord to chokutou reiki.
Finish a prop and some liquid nailing on my secret hellsing cosplay.
Fix a few other minor small things.
Help Schizo finish whatever she has left to do.

:D Yay. Almost done.

X_A
08-30-2007, 05:25 PM
AHHH! The shop making my shirts (one for cosplay) isn't picking up my calls! A matter of hours between them closing and me hopefully picking them up! Stress! Ahh!!

X A

Amiyuri
08-30-2007, 07:56 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG...okay *deep breath* I have finally become a regular at cons so I'm really excited! I need to find my size rollerblades to borrow from a friend~

Slingshot
08-30-2007, 08:08 PM
Trying to put together what to wear on what days. Stopped by Wal-Mart for some cheap brown shoes for my Yuri cosplay. Will leave tomorrow afternoon. The excitement is killin' me lulz.

Honey Usagi-chi
08-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Ooooh! The excitement! Can't wait to see you guys there! ^_^ Now I must finish homework and finish details on MKR.

Love ya'll lots! See ya at the con! Don't be afraid to say Hello~ (:

potatoplanet
08-30-2007, 09:45 PM
OMG I'm so excited. I'm almost done with my Sailor Venus costume. All I have to do is the heart on the bow. My Rikku costume needs a little polishing, but it was good last year, so I'm sure it'll be good this year :D

Everyone should say hi to me. Just cause I'm Sailor Venus -lol-

Can't wait to see everyone!!

Saava
08-30-2007, 09:47 PM
I'll say hi to you if I see you! I'm leaving first thing after school tomorrow and I have nothing packed. Oops.
Yay! It's tomorrow!! See you all there!

Youshi Semenjyu
08-30-2007, 09:48 PM
This will be my first AFest as well! I'll be there with MoonNeko and CoralSnake, pimping our One Piece awesomeness! /ego

I hope you get recognized, MoonNeko! But with your sister being all FLASHY over there...well, you and I might be a bit outshown.

Just how Buggy would want it. ^_^

gundammrw
08-31-2007, 12:22 AM
Well I hope everyone has fun at Afest. I cant wait to see all the pictures when you get back. ^___^

isan_de_la_rose
09-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Will there be an AnimeFest next year? I only got tomorrow to go, but I don't think I'll make it, plus I don't know anyone in my area who I could carpool with, since I can barely drive myself. Plus, I wanted to cosplay, but my costume sucks...