View Full Version : Cosplay times

Cat-Chans
08-29-2007, 01:32 AM
Anyone seen the schedual yet?

Cosplay rehersal:
1:00pm-3:30pm Sat

Cosplay lineup: 7:30 Sat

UH WHAT AFEST?
just thought I'd let eveyone know since this probably effects quite a few planned photoshoots and gatherings.

Danzikumaru
08-29-2007, 01:56 AM

Probably one of the least intelligent moves their event staff has made...

Saejima
08-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Not to mention it takes FOREVER for them to get things done and ready.

Evil Kimba
08-29-2007, 03:21 PM
And from a response I received...It looks like you might have to be in your competition costume for the rehearsal!

Lady Saea
08-29-2007, 06:57 PM
And from a response I received...It looks like you might have to be in your competition costume for the rehearsal!

!!! Thats retarded. I'm not getting into my contest costume til just before the line-up. >.<;

Edit: Where do you see the hint at that, Kikala?
The rules look the same as they always have been and they've never (at any con I've been to) made you come to rehearsal in your costume contest (unless the rehearsal was combined with line-up). So I'm not worrying about it.

Evil Kimba
08-29-2007, 07:02 PM
!!! Thats retarded. I'm not getting into my contest costume til just before the line-up. >.<;

Mind you, it wasn't from an actual staffer...I'd wait for word from them, but this is just as a warning. This is just getting REALLY dumb.

angelzxdemonz
08-29-2007, 07:12 PM
urgh. and changing again...

maybe theyre making sure the costumes are appropriate or something this year, i remember afest wasnt pleased with the yaoi/yuri skit last year... though i dont remember anything wrong with their costumes...

at least its only 2.5 hours.. wasnt last year 3?

Evil Kimba
08-29-2007, 07:17 PM
urgh. and changing again...

maybe theyre making sure the costumes are appropriate or something this year, i remember afest wasnt pleased with the yaoi/yuri skit last year... though i dont remember anything wrong with their costumes...

at least its only 2.5 hours.. wasnt last year 3?

The thread on their forums (http://www.animefest.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=216&start=0&S=98429a173b745eef2d31f670d09f9273), in case anyone wants to see.

I have NO idea. I do know something about them not caring about their own rules, but I won't go into that here (PM me if you want to know).

During the line-up/rehearsal LAST year, they had people run through their skits and pulled them aside if anything was amiss. I don't get it. :/

It would make SENSE to combine line-up and rehearsal, seriously. This is what MOST cons do. You can do both! In fact, it makes it easier!

Mystic~
08-29-2007, 08:31 PM
~cough, spasm, die~

Do you have to be at rehearsal in the costume you're wearing? o_0

Cat-Chans
08-29-2007, 08:31 PM
Well, I'm thinking I'll be going to closing ceremonies just so I can throw my 2 (more like 20) cents in on the whole contest.

I mean, don't they get a lot of competition costumes are taxing on the body and making people put them on for rehersal is just crule and unusual?

Lady Saea
08-29-2007, 08:35 PM
I read the thread Kimba linked. What it was was Kimba asking that question and someone with no information from cosplay staff except for the times GUESSING yes.

This means no, guys. I doubt cosplay staff would change that aspect as they are smart atleast about that subject and have had it that way in the past.

It was just someone thinking "Oh its a rehearsal...OF COURSE they'll be in costume". So disregard it. I bet you don't have to be in your contest costume for the rehearsal.

angelzxdemonz
08-29-2007, 10:03 PM
well, if they do force us to be in costume, maybe we can ask if we can just bring a picture of our costume (take one at home to show them? with you in it i guess)

my wings are going to smash into everyone and everything if they make us wear our costumes to the rehearsal...

i probably will anyhow, makup takes too long to put on again xD

shiri_tori
08-30-2007, 12:46 AM
Well darn there went my two photoshoots, please say that the -3:30 part means it ends at 3:30 or around the relative time...

...Great way to mess with everyone's schedule, I understand really the problems they face but really, whatever happend to the noon idea? Guess that tanked...TT^TT

Danzikumaru
08-30-2007, 01:06 AM

The rehearsal was pretty much just deciding how the line-up would work and then running through all of the skits (thorough, yes, but not exactly effective) last year. However, this also means once again they won't be prejudging any of the costumes, given if you aren't going to do it during the rehearsal, than when?

kagitsune
08-30-2007, 11:43 PM
I dunno. I really want the judges to see the details on my costume, but without a 'hall' contest, there's not much chance for that... unless they're doing prejudging...but that seems unlikely.

Honestly, I'm really debating over whether I should even enter. T^T I've got so many schedule conflicts... (jeez, I sound as though it's a job! xD ) ...and last year's cosplay really disappointed me for many reasons (i.e. sending the cosplayers to the *back*?! )

I think I'll just skip entering and enjoy the con. :)

Honey Usagi-chi
08-31-2007, 01:25 AM
That's utterly gay. Then why is it called rehearsal if attention is only paid to skits? If costumes aren't pre-judged, then what's the point of walk-ons attending? Knowing how it works? What, that only takes like what, 10 minutes? Jeez.

I might skip out on the cosplay after all, I've had fun with just the con for 3 years (:

Mystic~
08-31-2007, 10:50 AM
I might skip out on the cosplay after all, I've had fun with just the con for 3 years (:

Good, less competition! Muhuwahahaha!! ~cough, hack~ j/k

Who is in charge anyway? I want to talk to a few staffers when I get there, just to clear things up.

DeadlySerenade
08-31-2007, 11:25 AM
That's utterly gay.

*twitch* Yes, because inanimate objects or situations TOTALLY have sexual orientations.