Denisse
05-15-2003, 05:36 AM
Im juct curious but whos going to anime boston 2004.:skidude:

sailor-moon
05-15-2003, 12:37 PM
ill go most likely :p

JacksUsername
05-15-2003, 12:57 PM
i'll still be in boston for school so yup!!!!! i'll definetly be going :)

Riveraria
05-15-2003, 01:12 PM
I'll prolly go too ^_^

Sami
05-15-2003, 02:01 PM
LOL, this is way too far away for me to think about..

But yeah, as long as it's not on the weekend of a MAJOR holiday again x_x;, I'll most likely be there.

Koumori
05-15-2003, 02:13 PM
I'll probably do what I did this year, which is attend just long enough to meet up with the people I want to meet up with.. unless they get a larger space, and I think they are committed to the Park Plaza for next year as well. I don't do well in tightly packed crowds.

hikura
05-15-2003, 02:26 PM
I am going i had lots of fun.Not that i am bad in large crowds just i am bad in large groups in a small room.I have a tendecy to clam up a bit lol.

Tenjou
05-15-2003, 02:50 PM
Maybe. It all depends on how well I like Shoujocon. And if my mom is up to driving me next year. :D

Sweet~Pea
05-15-2003, 07:29 PM
Count me in. I went this year and I can't wait to go next April. I'll be with a group of about 7-9 of us all together. Most of them are cosplaying with me.
Hope to see everyone next year
-Christa

Lafiel
05-16-2003, 02:28 AM
*dances*
(that = yes)

Something Lulu
05-16-2003, 07:25 PM
I plan on going. I had a lot of fun and overall it wasn't as expensive as I thought it might be.

ChibiRinoa
05-16-2003, 07:35 PM
i plan on going!! and i want to do alot more things than what i did last time, i will be in that masquarade!!!

.....and i will pre-reg this time....

shiroi_yukiko
05-16-2003, 10:50 PM
Yup, I'll be there again too! And I'm definitely seconding the idea of pre-reg... *_*

Gothic_Lulu
05-17-2003, 12:23 AM
I'll be there next year...I believe that it will land on April 9th-11th next year *drags Sami along :D*

As for the hotel, I actually talked to a staff member I bumped into at the mall a couple of days after it and they were trying to move to the sheraton hotel because it is a lot bigger, but they might have trouble leaving the park plaza because they signed with them. I know they are using another part of the plaza next time anyway so that should be a lot better size wise.

Oshi
05-17-2003, 04:04 AM
I had alot of fun, and I would like to go, but it all depends on how I can fit it in around school ^^v Same goes with pretty much every con from September on...

LadyUranus
05-17-2003, 12:57 PM
If I can convince the parental units I can drive there myself. ^_^

LadyUranus

lialia
05-18-2003, 11:28 PM
ill be there and in a hotel room
driving with my costumes and changin in the bathrooms just majorly sucked

MrWonderfulToji
05-19-2003, 01:10 AM
I had a blast at AB, I definately plan on returning!
my goal next time is sleeping in a bed... *grouses at lousy towel I had to sleep on*
sean

Saiban
05-19-2003, 05:11 AM
I'll be there for sure. Oldskool.

Kurthy133
05-19-2003, 11:16 PM
wheee! i had such a good time the first time, how could i pass it up again! the people i met were great and i cant wait to see you all again! *drags her classmates katsuren, sarielchan/Zan, and JackUserName with her* ^^

PatrickD
05-20-2003, 09:39 PM
Yeah, I'll be there. I should be easy to find again...you know, being up on stage every now and then and all that... ;)

...and to answer some questions I saw in this thread:
* Yes, we're at the Boston Park Plaza Hotel & Towers again next year. April 9-11. We have a contract, so we can't move anywhere else.
* Unfortuntely, it's Easter weekend again...but that works to your advantage because of cheap hotel rates! ($129/night in 2004...still the cheapest in town!)
* Fortunately, it's NOT Boston Marathon weekend! No more skinny runners in our way. (I wanted to force-feed a few of them some Pocky.)
* We'll have The Castle across the street for the dealers to set up in. That means it'll be MUCH bigger!
* Our attendance in 2003 was over 4,100 people (we still have a couple more numbers we're waiting for before getting the official total). That makes us the largest anime convention in New England, the largest first-year convention, and the seventh-largest convention in the US (as of this writing).
* If you want to be guaranteed that you will be able to get in the door, PRE-REGISTER! Pre-registration will be available as soon as the Anime Boston 2004 web site goes online...which should be VERY soon.

Venator
05-23-2003, 02:29 PM
Alright, bigger dealer's room!

I'm gonna be there again, and cosplaying this time! (not doing it my first con: biggest mistake I ever made...-_-)

Good luck, vice chairman; hope the elevators hold up better this time... Heheh...

Nikitsuki
05-26-2003, 04:04 PM
I'm going! It's the only con in massachusetts that my parents don't go crazy over. ^^ Besides, I heard it was going to be bigger next year. Is it true they're moving the dealers room to another building?

PatrickD
05-26-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Nikitsuki
Is it true they're moving the dealers room to another building?

Yes. That's what I said two posts above you. :p

Nikitsuki
05-28-2003, 06:19 PM
yea... ^^;;; figured that out after I posted. Was groggy from nap then posted. Not really smart. ^^;;;

Ametenshi
06-17-2003, 04:30 PM
I'm definately going to go ^^;

Kaede
06-17-2003, 11:30 PM
I'll be there. All hail nearby cons.

Rukawa
06-17-2003, 11:59 PM
Can't miss those for sure ^^

FujiHonda
07-06-2003, 06:07 PM
I'll be there!

Fwahaha...5-10 of us are coming down from Maine, and wait till you see our cosplay skit! ^________________^ (If you were at PortCon 2003, then we're the guys who did the dirty Yu-Gi-Oh cosplay. ^~)

And I'm definitely going to pre-reg this time. X_X

XxShivaxX
07-12-2003, 11:58 PM
i'm going! hehehe i can't wait, i think i want to be a ronso...whoa, how am i ever gonna do that? @.@

Earthprince
07-14-2003, 10:49 PM
Of course I'll be there! Any hott gay guys looking for a room to share ;)

Kurthy133
07-15-2003, 10:27 AM
the AB website is open again! yay! *knows to pre-reg earlier this time around* ^^;;

Denisse
07-15-2003, 06:12 PM
yeah im already thinking of pre-reg earlier and getting a room before A.B. starts

nocturnalkitten
07-17-2003, 01:32 PM
I'll be there in a hopefully completed <fingers crossed>....no, it
-WILL- be completed<much better> Caska costume....muwahahahaha. I am sooo excited. This is my first costume and con so I am going to need the extra luck and good vibes...send me good vibes peoples! =) I'm really looking forward to meeting some fun people there. Oh yeah, pre-reg has already started on the Anime Boston site. I just noticed yesterday.

~T =)

Nikitsuki
07-17-2003, 04:18 PM
I'm going with a group who is cosplaying as the cast of Seramyu (all eight senshi, not chibi-moon) and we are planning on doing a small performance at the masquerade. ^^;;
Is anyone planning on volunteering/helping out? I felt so bad last year when I heard that they were short of volunteers. ^^;;

Oooh!! Also, for 2005 anime boston is being moved to the Hynes Convention Center in boston. Very spiffy if you ask me. ^^

Denisse
07-17-2003, 05:16 PM
Kewl to every one who volunteers:bigtu:

OnaiXun
07-17-2003, 11:12 PM
i'll be going, hopefully as wakka! cant wait to see you guys there!
later^^

Mira Twilight
07-29-2003, 02:07 PM
I'm going, since I live less than half an hour way from there.

X Kamui
08-04-2003, 01:04 PM
Ill be there, i live only about 45 min to an hour min from there by train.

Anime Boston 04 will be so awsome ^______^

Jun_Kazama
08-13-2003, 07:32 PM
I should be going. I didn't get to go last time, and its the closest con to me too >_<

Priss
08-13-2003, 11:21 PM
Hi everyone. remember me? The one running everywhere as Michiru Kaioh with turquoise hair. Well that's me. I enjoyed AB very much so i decided to come back next year. I already pre-register this time. Last AB2003 I just stayed there for a very short time. Next year I'm thinking to come to Boston a bit earlier like Thursday. I'm not from MA so obviously i'm not familiar with the place. I want to do some sight seeing this time when I come back.

:D Does anyone wanna show me around? Like where to eat and some other places in Boston.

Kurthy133
08-14-2003, 07:41 PM
i know id love to show you around! ^____^ Boston is full of really great places - i live right on Huntington Ave. The food in Boston is really great too - there are all kinds! but i'm a big sushi fan myself ^^;;

X Kamui
08-15-2003, 12:01 AM
Altho i live relaticely close, i realy havent seen too much of boston till recently, but im still very unfamiliar, thatd be awsome to make a crew and go adventure threw boston sight seeing and cosing, taking pics ext ext. Just an idea, reply if it sounds interesting or Pm me ^____^.

:wave: RI cosplayers represent! :wave:

Sweet~Pea
08-15-2003, 10:18 AM
not sure if I could come with you guys, but I'd be interested in coming :)
We should all talk more closer to the con :japan:
-Christa

Priss
08-15-2003, 10:54 AM
Arigatou Kurthy133, you're so nice. I think we're gonna get along just great. I LOVE SUSHI TOO!! :D

That's a super idea you got there X Kamui. I would like to meet up with all of you. The more, the merrier, right? Safer to go everywhere and everybody can protect each other from muggers or something like that. :jjacks:

I agree with Christa we should talk about this again when the con is much closer so we don't forget. :thumbsup:

Gestahr
08-16-2003, 04:17 PM
I'll be going, as long as I don't forget about it...again. ;-;

Neko_Kaolla
08-22-2003, 07:02 PM
I am going to make an effort to go, nya!! I will be attending the Univertsity of Massachusetts, Lowell and I heard that Scott McNeil was there last year so, yeah, I want to go!

nocturnalkitten
09-01-2003, 01:31 PM
T go too! T go too! ^_^ Just let me know when you guys wanna hit the town. Now I have a sushi craving....mmm...tamago. Anyone here like going to Blue Fin in Cambridge? That's my fave! Plus they have the Japanese market right next door...snacks. I'm not T savy, but as long as I can find parking I'm ok. Something else we could try too would be Japanese hot pot at Shabuzen in Chinatown....super yum! PM me, IM me, send me a cute little messenger kitten at work(pictures fluffy kitten paws running across her bar...aww)...just give me a holler and I'll come hang whenever! =^_^=

Michieru
09-15-2003, 12:22 PM
Wish I could go back for '04. My college schedules and other activities unfortunately are going to keep me busy. Plus, I got screwed by my job because things were running slow there and they hired two new people while thinking I wasn't going to be coming back cause I moved to a new town. Talk about a pathetic Summer I've had. I'm probably going to be the only poor sophmore while everyone else has money in their pockets. I'm probably going to end up attending Connecticon in July again.

nocturnalkitten
09-15-2003, 01:01 PM
M, sorry you had such a crappy summer 6_6 I did too! Really didn't feel like summer this year. Didn't get as much done as I would have liked to. You're definitely not the only broke college kid out there. There's just way too much stuff to go out and do and it all takes hella amounts of $. Hmm...Connecticon. Is that a big con?

~T

Michieru
09-15-2003, 01:51 PM
Hmm...Connecticon. Is that a big con?

~T
Actually, it started for the first time here in Connecticut. It was held at the University of Hartford. It's suppose to be bigger and better there next year. I don't have to travel out of state anymore now that there's a convention close by to me. It really was fun there this year and I look forward to going back. You should check out its website: www.connecticon.org

really was fun!

Koumori
09-15-2003, 02:53 PM
I did not enjoy Connecticon. The organizers were well-meaning, but I found very little of interest to me there and for some reason it was geographically scattered across large parts of a college campus, which made tromping back and forth quite a pain. That, plus a few other bad experiences at smaller cons this year, has pretty much convinced me to stick to the big regional conventions from now on.

nocturnalkitten
09-15-2003, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the input ^_^ Yeah, I hate when things are unorganized...gets under my skin. I so can't wait to hit my first con in April though(AB '04). Hopefully I'll have a good experience there that will leave me really looking forward to more cons. I like travelling out of state. It's feels like a big adventure to me to stuff some of my friends in a car and check out some new places. Hopefully we won't get ourselves into too much trouble along the way ^_^

kitty_neko
09-15-2003, 05:45 PM
I'm pretty sure I'll be going to AB, but I haven't figured out hotel room or pre-reg just yet... ^_^;

by the way, I had a pretty bad time at Connecticon... there was hardly one there / anything to do, and the masquerade was very unfairly judged. I'm not sure if I'll be going back next year =/

Michieru
09-16-2003, 08:33 AM
Hey guys, no offense, but that's how first anime conventions start out. They eventually get better year after year, but that's the way first time conventions start out. I remember that AB was the same way, especially with the guy announcing other people's names, including mine, in correctly during masquerade. I'm sure someone pointed out to improve better directions for next year. I hope this some-what makes sense to everyone not to judge a convention by its first outcome, ya know?

Koumori
09-16-2003, 10:06 AM
Hey guys, no offense, but that's how first anime conventions start out. They eventually get better year after year, but that's the way first time conventions start out. I remember that AB was the same way, especially with the guy announcing other people's names, including mine, in correctly during masquerade. I'm sure someone pointed out to improve better directions for next year. I hope this some-what makes sense to everyone not to judge a convention by its first outcome, ya know?

I think trying to compare Connecticon with AB is a major apples-and-oranges deal. Anime Boston was in its first year, but it clearly WANTED to position itself as a major regional anime-focused convention (though they couldn't have known just how big it would be), by hosting it in a major city, in a large convention hotel, with a number of highly recognizable guests; it was quite a coup for them to get all the Gundam Wing actors. (The situation with the masquerade and the MC, who had to substitute at the last minute, has been well hashed out and explained elsewhere - that was an organizational breakdown, yes, but not a con-killer.) Connecticon wanted to be a small, laid-back, college convention with a broad spectrum of activities. Which it was, but it didn't have a lot to appeal *to me*; I prefer large, concentrated anime conventions, so based on my experience at Connecticon this year I won't go back. That's not a slam on Connecticon; it just isn't the convention *for me*.

Michie
09-21-2003, 06:37 AM
Meh. I -would- try to go, but, the boyfriend's birthday is on the 20th, so I'll be on the other side of the country. Oh well, next year!

PatrickD
09-21-2003, 01:56 PM
Meh. I -would- try to go, but, the boyfriend's birthday is on the 20th, so I'll be on the other side of the country. Oh well, next year!

Uh...what's on the 20th? I can't figure out what post you're referring to.

If you mean Anime Boston itself, that's April 9-11, 2004. (Whoever updates the forum listings should really put in the 2004 dates for the cons that have passed.)

Denisse
09-22-2003, 08:33 PM
Well its like half hour away from were i live.I hope to see yall there in April till then all of you Anime Fans have lots of fun preparing making your costumes for AB.2004 BYE BYE..............=^-^=

Neko_Kaolla
09-23-2003, 07:10 AM
I really really REALLY hope I can go! It all depends on my money situation... I am a college student after all...

rei_hino
09-29-2003, 03:46 PM
yup! my friends and I are doin a group cosplay!!

Serrof
10-07-2003, 09:54 AM
I want to go, but this would be my first con. I'll try to go anyway though.

Denisse
02-22-2004, 01:42 AM
I hope everyone goes!!
^_______________^

MoonLitDemon2
02-22-2004, 08:55 PM
I'm going!!! *is happy* i also live only like 20 to 45 minutes away
but i'm stuck with a castle pass (i'll still be running around the hotel and the castle teehee) and can only go on friday but hey at least i get to go ^^....
well i'm gunna be crossplaying as Shuichi from Gravitation... rrrr i can't wait :jjacks:

General_Beatrix
02-22-2004, 09:53 PM
^.^ be careful when running around the con with only a castle pass...i heard they're going to be checking badges like crazy. but, it would be kinda funny if someone successfully *ghosted* the con, lol

chocoborancher
02-22-2004, 10:15 PM
and sometime staff are browsing the lists here too.

Robert "Chocobo Rancher" Wright
Videography Dept. Head - Anime Boston 2004
Webmaster - Chocobo Rancher's Anime Web Page
http://www.chocoborancher-anime.com

PatrickD
02-22-2004, 10:30 PM
it would be kinda funny if someone successfully *ghosted* the con, lol

No it wouldn't.

We will not be letting people without badges into any convention areas. We are making every effort to make sure that Anime Boston 2004 is NOT overcrowded. One way is to make sure there's nobody there that shouldn't be. If there ARE extra bodies there and the place is overcrowded, that could get us in serious trouble with the fire marshal.

We're taking this very seriously. Please, do not attempt to ghost the con.

Denisse
02-23-2004, 03:37 AM
No it wouldn't.

We will not be letting people without badges into any convention areas. We are making every effort to make sure that Anime Boston 2004 is NOT overcrowded. One way is to make sure there's nobody there that shouldn't be. If there ARE extra bodies there and the place is overcrowded, that could get us in serious trouble with the fire marshal.

We're taking this very seriously. Please, do not attempt to ghost the con.
I sencond that it wouldnt be funny.:(
I wouldnt like anything bad happening to AB.Its my first con and i whant it to be the best one ever. :jjacks:

MoonLitDemon2
02-23-2004, 07:01 PM
^.^ be careful when running around the con with only a castle pass...i heard they're going to be checking badges like crazy. but, it would be kinda funny if someone successfully *ghosted* the con, lol

well i can still go around the hotel but i can't go to the events in the hotel... i talked to the guy incharge of registrasions... so as long as i stay out of the events i should be fine... i'm a good girl (for the most part) i don't brake the rules ^^

AlikNyankoChan
02-23-2004, 07:23 PM
Erm...it's break...and unless you're staying in the hotel (ie, have a room there) They've got the right to kick you out, esp. when they're(AB) pushing the hotels capacity limits.

Go to the convention next year. Don't overcrowd the hotel, please...last year was enough.

~Alik

PatrickD
02-23-2004, 10:39 PM
well i can still go around the hotel but i can't go to the events in the hotel... i talked to the guy incharge of registrasions... so as long as i stay out of the events i should be fine... i'm a good girl (for the most part) i don't brake the rules ^^

Actually, it's not just events... You won't be able to get into the convention areas. Think you'll be able to wander the 4th floor and stick your head in? Forget it.

Kate
02-29-2004, 09:11 AM
i think i might go.... depends on how much money it will cost me to get a train from maine to boston.... but if i can afford it see u allthere! ^^

Kate
02-29-2004, 09:17 AM
but does anybody no how much it will most likely cost T_T????

Mesoian
02-29-2004, 11:20 AM
Well, if you don't have your anime boston pass already, you're probably not gonna get too far past the doors. So it might not be worth you going.

chocoborancher
02-29-2004, 12:51 PM
but does anybody no how much it will most likely cost T_T????

Depending on the location in Maine, Amtrak charges about $45-50 for round-trip transportation (leaving from Portland, Maine) Actual travel time is about 2.5 - 3 hours (depending on location)

Other destinations may be a bit more expensive (but not much)

Mesoian
02-29-2004, 09:39 PM
There's always the bus.
That's cheap no matter what.

Kate
03-01-2004, 04:51 PM
Depending on the location in Maine, Amtrak charges about $45-50 for round-trip transportation (leaving from Portland, Maine) Actual travel time is about 2.5 - 3 hours (depending on location)

Other destinations may be a bit more expensive (but not much)
thank u! and i live in mapletleton but go to school in prsequl.....

Kate
03-01-2004, 04:55 PM
but how cheap???????????????????? if u can give me an estiamtion an by they way i already got my pass but the damn computer wont let me type ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mesoian
03-01-2004, 11:16 PM
That's a pretty good way how not to get helped.

www.amtrak.com
www.greyhound.com

These aren't difficult sources to find.

Serrof
03-15-2004, 07:49 AM
Unfortunitly, I wont be going until 05, I didnt make the deadline for tickets... :waaaah:

Denisse
03-15-2004, 10:45 PM
Well i have a child pass that would be abailable friday night after 5:00pm it will also be available sat. and sun mornings and all afternoon if any one is interested on taking their lil brother siter or even cousins to the con.
pm me.

Kate
03-19-2004, 12:50 PM
[quote]That's a pretty good way how not to get helped.[quote]

sorry but my computer got a virus then im sorry if I was a bother to u.Ummm but do u think u could give me an estmaian of how much the bus would be?(poutes) Plaese?

Aer
03-19-2004, 03:01 PM
[quote]That's a pretty good way how not to get helped.[quote]

sorry but my computer got a virus then im sorry if I was a bother to u.Ummm but do u think u could give me an estmaian of how much the bus would be?(poutes) Plaese?

No offense meant at all but you will have to take some initiative yourself to get yourself to the con. Just look it up yourself as we don't know where you live exactly, etc and that would certainly change the cost.

Theres always google to search for anything on the internet.