PDA

View Full Version : Ytv @ An2003

Yuna-X2
05-15-2003, 02:21 PM
Just like the title says.

http://www.ytv.com/programming/spec/anime-tion/index.asp

So I'll be able to atleast SEE AN2003 this year! YAY!

Kia
05-16-2003, 04:02 AM
^_^ I'll be the one beating up a little kid in the background! ^_^

Chosuke
05-16-2003, 06:49 AM
If i get interviewed and anyone from school see's me I will SO die..._.;

-hides from cameras-

Kia
05-16-2003, 08:17 AM
you can borrow my "rabbit" head! No one will EVER see you under it! ^_^

JustinCredible
05-16-2003, 08:45 AM
cool, I can meet the Shug (sugar) and tell her that she needs to get rid of Carlos and bring back PJ Phil!

Kia
05-16-2003, 09:09 AM
YEAH!!! Phil and Paul! They were the cooooooolest! ^_^

Chosuke
05-16-2003, 10:33 AM
Yeah!!
The female Dj's are allllll annoying. ESPECIALLY Sugar.

Tamer Brad
05-16-2003, 12:13 PM
I miss Phil and Paul so much <_<;

Ryukka
05-16-2003, 12:38 PM
XD I'll be the Rikku imitating Sugar every now and then and jumping up and down in the background if I can find her.

@_@ bleh I miss the old DJs too, Carlos is okayyy, atleast he's better then Sugar

Tamer Brad
05-16-2003, 12:47 PM
Can I jump with you? ^^

I disagree though, I like Sugar more than Carlos.

Chosuke
05-18-2003, 02:22 PM
I was stick being interviewed and taped from 7:something to 8:30ish..

Argh.Was kinda cool at first but my legs got sore and the short YTV chick kept trying to step on my feet

Mage
05-18-2003, 07:07 PM
Uhg...I was not impressed by the YTV presence at Anime North....I know it's good for the con to get the exposure and all, but....I dont' know, it just seems to corporate and all =\ And they interrupted everything in the jrock room for QUITE some time. *grr* and that meant I couldn't get to my stuff -_-;

Ryukka
05-18-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Chobrat
I was stick being interviewed and taped from 7:something to 8:30ish..

Argh.Was kinda cool at first but my legs got sore and the short YTV chick kept trying to step on my feet

XD That was just amusing. They ended up catching me again around noon in the dealers room. That was just annoying.

@_@ omg, that lady beside you was so freaky

Yuna-X2
05-18-2003, 10:14 PM
I ATTEMPTED to watch it.... but that girl has to be the most annoying thing ever created. EVER. I just kinda watched mindlessly as her whiny voice drilled into my soul... then changed the channel. But I saw one part! When they asked the name of the goddess in Ah!My Goddess. I was proud that I could have answered that. lol. :P

JustinCredible
05-19-2003, 07:03 AM
YTV's pressance was kinda annoying... but Carlos was pretty nice when meeting him. I was part of the back-up dancers for when they were teaching him to dance to BOOM BOOM FIRE... And man did I mess up on camera...

Chosuke
05-19-2003, 07:15 AM
Haha!
I answered the Ah my goddess question! ^^
I got the Yu gi oh one wrong though..but oh well <.<;; -cries-

That lady dressed as Kaiba was SO DAMN SCARY.
Every time she laughed I flinched.
Poor sheep girl..the lady kept molesting her sheep xD

Ryukka
05-19-2003, 12:23 PM
@__@ Ahh she was fricking obsessed with its ass. Stupid DJs

Kisa
05-19-2003, 12:51 PM
I only saw Sugar wearing a really bad Yugioh hair-piece...
how bad was it?

I protested their presance by telling them I wasn't going to wear their little red sticker, because I didn't like what their station does with Anime. (ie. Yugioh, pokemon, fightingrobotothing...)

heki-chan
05-19-2003, 01:22 PM
we met carlos in the hallway, he saw us and was like "OMG Final Fantasy! I love Final Fantasy!"

then all of us were lik "WHOA! Its Carlos! That guy from YTV!" XD

then he posed in a picture with all of us
he's a really nice guy ^_^ AND an FF-fan! ^0^

Ryukka
05-19-2003, 03:08 PM
x__x Carlos was the one DJ that I *wanted* to meet. And was the one that I didn't @__@; bleeh he seems like the kind of guy that would like FF xD pluuss, he reminds me ALOT of my sister's boyfriend, whos really cool and buys me games and stuff for my birthday o__o

Kia
05-19-2003, 07:03 PM
dude, we were sitting outside the fanservice room most of saturday night (a.k.a. henti room :p) while we were making fun of anyone and everyone who went inside/came out of it, some dude told us that ALL the YTV vj's were in that room at some point in the day.... ewwwww....

nuriko001
05-19-2003, 07:13 PM
sugar was int he j-rock room.. joy...... and carlos was there.. and was looking bored.. blah... intruding during my dir engrey segment!

Kia
05-19-2003, 07:15 PM
thankfully I managed to avoid ALL of them. ^_^

Minakolabelle
05-19-2003, 08:50 PM
yes the little psycho path that does the vortex went in the fanserivce room to see tenticles and furries.....

I was in there with her AND Scott McNeil, yse Scott McNeil watches hentai XD OMG that was sooo funny

JustinCredible
05-19-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Minakolabelle
yes the little psycho path that does the vortex went in the fanserivce room to see tenticles and furries.....

I was in there with her AND Scott McNeil, yse Scott McNeil watches hentai XD OMG that was sooo funny

You should have taken pictures... then you could Blackmail them into helping put more anime on YTV!

Tamer Brad
05-19-2003, 09:44 PM
I liked the Beyblade tournament YTV had set up...I came in 2nd place at the 2 PM one.

Kisa
05-19-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by nuriko001
sugar was int he j-rock room.. joy...... and carlos was there.. and was looking bored.. blah... intruding during my dir engrey segment!

Heh... you could have had ME interupt you... that would have been worse ;)

Minakolabelle
05-20-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by JustinCredible
You should have taken pictures... then you could Blackmail them into helping put more anime on YTV!

I wounldn't do that to scott, never EVER

JustinCredible
05-20-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Minakolabelle
I wounldn't do that to scott, never EVER

Oh No! Not to Scott... the Vortex crazy lady!

Kia
05-20-2003, 08:43 AM
hehehe, you mean the midgit girl who's about the size of a coffee table. ^_^

Tsucasa
05-20-2003, 12:16 PM
dude, we were sitting outside the fanservice room most of saturday night (a.k.a. henti room ) while we were making fun of anyone and everyone who went inside/came out of it, some dude told us that ALL the YTV vj's were in that room at some point in the day.... ewwwww....

Now Now no need to spread any rumours just because you guys can't land a job hosting a YTV Cartoon Segment show. I know you are definitely bullshitting because I seen them leaving the hotel before any hentai even remotely started during those hours.
And to make sure I checked my schedule :) so in comparisement to my time seing them leave and your time, both ends don't meet. But as for the Vortex chick I haven't a clue where the hell was I didn't even see her there. Carlos and Sugar might not be Anime fans and such but they've got a pretty nice setup for their ages of work and also soon Sugar of course will be leaving.

Kia
05-20-2003, 01:09 PM
I didn't say I *saw* them, but more than one person told us that they were in there at some point during the day. :: shrug :: I don't particularly care for them one way or another. I just thought it was a funny story either way.

Minakolabelle
05-20-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Kia
hehehe, you mean the midgit girl who's about the size of a coffee table. ^_^

yeah here OMG she was scary @_@ she wanted to be my slave cause Killer was bigger then her O_o

Takuma-san
05-20-2003, 06:52 PM
I think the TV camera gave her about 2 feet in height. Such is the magic of modern CGI.

Oh yeah, and she got lipstick marks on a certain Scott plushy. Very much angered someone.

Tsucasa
05-20-2003, 11:57 PM
HahaHa it's so fun getting people all rattle up!

Minakolabelle
05-21-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Takuma-san
I think the TV camera gave her about 2 feet in height. Such is the magic of modern CGI.

Oh yeah, and she got lipstick marks on a certain Scott plushy. Very much angered someone.

when did she do that? Cause I know I wouldn't let her touch the Duo doll -_-

Takuma-san
05-21-2003, 06:10 PM
Not sure exactly, it sounded like Scott while holding onto Rin's Scott plushy, Sugar asked to take a look and got it too close to her lips while cuddling it going "aaaaw! it's so cute!"

Or something along those lines.

Minakolabelle
05-21-2003, 08:35 PM
we should kill her >_<

if she's at AN next year and she touches the Scott doll I promised him I can and will go psychopathic >=D

Takuma-san
05-22-2003, 04:32 PM
I'd suggest crushing her, but I doubt she can get much shorter. I've seen taller dogs.

Chosuke
05-22-2003, 04:39 PM
But she bites and steps on toes!!
She was ABUSING me!

Which Is why I possibly look pissed in every YTV shot

Minakolabelle
05-22-2003, 04:40 PM
i have the sword she's affraid of >D *cackles off*

Chosuke
05-22-2003, 04:41 PM
That sword was bigger then Me..I remember ^^;;;

Minakolabelle
05-22-2003, 04:46 PM
that's why she's killer, it's 5 feet long

Chosuke
05-22-2003, 04:50 PM
hehehe pretty pretty sword ^^
You better watch out next con..Killer might go..missing <.<
Though it might be hard to run off unoticed with a five foot sword..

Sion
05-22-2003, 07:58 PM
I say next year we all make badass swords and schedule a full out assault on YTV!!!

Except Carlos, he's actually cool. Yesterday I was watching tv, and Sugar was like "Which Anime Voice Actor should we interview? Scott McNeil from Xmen, David Kaye from Xmen, or Brad Swaile from Xmen?" And Carlos was like "couldn't we say... like.. scott mcneil from GUNDAM WING? Because Xmen isn't anime" and Sugar started going nuts saying it -sorta- was, and that she saw tons of xmen cosplayers at Anime North (Carlos rolled his eyes at that, so did I, I didn't see one haha) But yeah, he's cool, he's a final fantasy fan! I wanna see the pic of us standing with him =/

Minakolabelle
05-22-2003, 08:00 PM
i missed that ;_;

Kisa
05-23-2003, 06:27 PM
See... next year, if they send her, we should all just get signs with "Sugar is Annoying, we like Carlos." and follow them around.
And since I didn't actually see anyone from YTV at any point, I still have my goal to make someone cry. We could mesh the two.

Chosuke
05-23-2003, 10:01 PM
I think we should Kill paula.
And stuff her in one of the hotel mini-freezers cause she would probably fit and it sounds fun :D

TEACHES HER TO STEP ON MY FEET.BEECH.

mechaex.com
05-24-2003, 02:39 PM
I was there :) was on YTV on The Zone! Stephanie Beard aka Sugr is very cool! and cute to boot, my buddy was on vrtex in his ring wraith costume :)

anyone get any pics of the insignia nix crew?

Chosuke
05-24-2003, 03:06 PM
YOUR RINGWRAITH FRIEND HARASSED ME!

though it was good harassment <check my gallery xD>

mechaex.com
05-24-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Chobrat
YOUR RINGWRAITH FRIEND HARASSED ME!

though it was good harassment <check my gallery xD>
LOL yeah, he spent alot of time on the costume, well more oney than anything, he paid to have it made :( but still funny!

cool gallery :)

archangeli
05-26-2003, 02:19 AM
I went to high school with the YTV guy running the Beyblade tournament on Sat. morning. He's an absolute darling and it was nice to see an old friend.

Heki- I was walking behind you guys when you took your pic with Carlos. I might make a cameo appearance in the background ^_^

elchubbo
06-15-2003, 02:53 PM
dude, we were sitting outside the fanservice room most of saturday night (a.k.a. henti room ) while we were making fun of anyone and everyone who went inside/came out of it, some dude told us that ALL the YTV vj's were in that room at some point in the day.... ewwwww....

Two things

1. If they were in there, it must not have been that long cause I was in the fanservice room pretty much all day saturday

and before u all call me sick

2. During the day there was no HENTAI playing, it was all stuff like LOVE HINA and Fruits Baskets and ONEGAI TEACHER! Stuff about love and sex but in a funny way and no explicit stuff at all! In fact, most of Saturday was the BEACH PARTY, all anime with the main female characters in bikinis pretty much. No nudity though!

Too bad I woulda liked to blackmail em into bringing PJ phil back too!

Kia
06-15-2003, 02:57 PM
Dude, you never said you were in there! (or at least if you did I wasn't putting two-and-two together) Wern't you making fun of the hand-check people with us though?

elchubbo
06-15-2003, 03:02 PM
Yeah for the HENTAI Stuff! Like I said when I was in there it was all LOVE HINA type stuff! Thats my fave type of anime! You know the funny lovey dovey style stuff! NO NUDITY! IT was only after 10pm that the same room turned into a HEntai Room with hardcore Anime!

And for the record, I wasnt the one who went in there for 30 mins was I>??

JustinCredible
06-16-2003, 09:24 PM
Hey!
I was willing to check out where we might have slept that night... whereas you were to chicken to come inside. Plus when I got there I sat down and watched for 30mins because it was laughable and plus it was near the climax scene... if I left people would think I left to 'finish the job'.:eek:

elchubbo
06-16-2003, 10:58 PM
TOO CHICKEN? Yeah right I went in there after...but I really didnt need to see what I did!

Mage
06-17-2003, 12:36 PM
O_o; Just wondering what this has to do with YTV? ^^;;;;;

Yuna-X2
06-18-2003, 03:08 PM
The convo went from "YTV hosts to the Hentai room!" to "I didn't see them there" to where we are now... I think...

Kia
06-18-2003, 07:13 PM
yeah :: sheepish grin :: sorry... ^_^
Anyways.. back on topic... this was my first AN, so I'm just wondering, has YTV been so annoying *every* year, or just this one?

Mage
06-18-2003, 07:53 PM
I think last year was the first time YTV had a noticeable presence at AN...but it was only Sugar and the Vortex girl on Saturday and Sunday (I think) interviewing people....no big set and beyblade tournament, etc. So no, not always that annoying...last year they didn't interfere with the schedule, unlike this year. -_-;