PDA

View Full Version : New to Cosplay, and about NDK

HawkWalker
08-31-2007, 04:45 PM
I've been wanting to go to Nan Desu Kan for a while now and might go next year. I'm new into cosplay and I was wondering, I've heard of crossplay and wanted to know does anyone crossplay at Nan Desu Kan? What do you think about crossplay?

My brother was wanting to go with me and he wanted to dress up as a female character from a show called Naruto. I was just wanting some input on what you guys think about crossplay.

Thanks,
Hawk

Ifria
08-31-2007, 05:48 PM
Go for it!
There was a guy last year who crossplayed Tenten and he looked like he was having fun.
There's nothing odd about crossplay at a con. Its rather common place.
I've done it before too...but being a girl, I'm not worried about being weird. ^^;;
You'll love NDK! Especially while in cosplay!

Have fun!

HawkWalker
08-31-2007, 05:55 PM
Thanks :). Nice costumes btw. My brother wanted to go as Temari and he wanted me to go as Hinata. Or vice-versa. I might go next year with him. We'll see. Thanks again.

D001
08-31-2007, 07:39 PM
You should definitely go for it. :D If you want (and you can make it) stop by at some point this year and check things out. Even if you just wander the halls and forego checking out the panels and the events. :D

Have fun!

D

Amidoji
08-31-2007, 07:44 PM
NDK is a fun con, I'm planning on attending for second year this year.

Don't sweat crossplay. It seems strange and a little imtimidating until you've done it, but I know more than one crossplayer of both genders (myself included).

Advice to a new con goer in general is relax. Don't try and do everything and be everywhere. Remember to plan time to eat, sleep and shower. Have fun. If you're going in costume (which you are planning on), have back up plans in case something happens whlie you're wearing it.

HawkWalker
09-01-2007, 01:08 AM
Ok thanks :) I was talking with my brother today and he wants to swap costumes. He wants to go as Hinata and me as Temari. Thats fine with me, because some people I've talked to said I look a little like her.

Not a great angle in my picture, but you can kinda see a resemblence I think. So I might be doing Temari.

phantomthief
09-01-2007, 03:41 AM
That'd be so cute!!! As for me, I'm a 5'2 female and every single one of my cosplays this year is... Male. Very tall male.

~Ari-chan

FilthyWarumono
09-01-2007, 08:17 AM
Deffinettly alot of crossplayers at NDK. Mostly more female to male, but the occassional male to female can be seen. DO IT! xD

TabbyR
09-05-2007, 01:09 AM
I agree with everyone above. NDK is actually a very relaxed con and people are generally okay with a LOT of things. It's a great atmosphere so don't sweat crossplaying at all!

ako_pah
09-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Its gonna be big this year in NDK07........:rockon:
What ever anime cosplay in your mind go for it...........
In my opinion, crossplaying isn't that bad as long as you have fun with it. Although, it might be weird and funny for a guy to dress up a girl from some anime. But most of the crossplayers, both guys and girls, are really fierce.

This one guy I know who dressed up as "Man Faye" was refused at first because he revealed "too much skin" where you could see his hairy legs and his hairy body. Then the next day, almost everyone asked about him and where he was. After that, he got popular with the crowd and got his own show at the convention.:crylaugh:

In this upcoming NDK07 Convention, I'm gonna do my first cosplay as "JIRAIYA" from Naruto. It took me forever to do my costume. TO ALL NARUTO COSPLAYERS!!! You are welcome to tag along with me and have some fun doing the photoshoots or whatever....................:cheers:

P.S. : Even you are wearing a piece of paper or box in your body with a smiley face drawn on it.People outside the NDK07 will think you are crazy; however, when you go inside the NDK07, everyone will view you as an extra ordinary cosplayer. I encourage everyone to go to the convention.:woah:

P.S. 2 : I even tried to convince my 80 plus years old grandma to cosplay as "TSUNADE" from Naruto <----if you know what I mean LOL!!!

If you have any advice or idea that might convince her, you could reply back to me in here.....................:dance:

HawkWalker
09-13-2007, 12:36 AM
Sweet. I might have to go to NDK in 2008 and miss this one. Going out of country. You should post up pics of your Jiraiya costume Ako_pah when your able, he's a great character. Next year I'll probably go as Temari or maybe Shikamaru.