PDA

View Full Version : Need help on making a mask

Sun_Tze
05-15-2003, 04:37 PM
Well, I'm doing a Larvae cosplay, and I decided to use plaster to make a custom one. My questions are:

What is the best type of paint to use on the mask?

Should I use a small brush or a normal brush to paint it?

makonurikoryoko
05-15-2003, 05:06 PM
Well if your using plaster you can probably just use a normal little cheap bottle of acrylic and then spray it with a sealer. If you look in a craft store where they have like plater and this lil pre made figurines of p[laster you can probably fin dit. I used to paint those littl ethings all the time and thats sufficient. For the brushes, well id use a normal size (depends on what you call normal though ^^;;) and then use a fine bruch for the details

Sun_Tze
05-16-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by makonurikoryoko
Well if your using plaster you can probably just use a normal little cheap bottle of acrylic and then spray it with a sealer. If you look in a craft store where they have like plater and this lil pre made figurines of p[laster you can probably fin dit. I used to paint those littl ethings all the time and thats sufficient. For the brushes, well id use a normal size (depends on what you call normal though ^^;;) and then use a fine bruch for the details

Normal brush= 1 inch thick.

I bought my plaster from my local pharmacy, since it's more resistent, but I will make a 2 layers mask(Inner part adapted to my face, outside part the adapted mask)