PDA

View Full Version : final fantasy costumes

silverchain94
09-02-2002, 04:06 PM
hey, uh, i need lotza help. i want a rinoa costume(final fantasy 8), an aeris costume(ff7), and a yuna costume(ff10). could ne1 either tell me how to make it, or tell me a good site to ask to make it for me that wont jip me off? i jez want one b4 halloween! i have a small budget, and im 16, and i need help, and none of my family will help me. i just want one before halloween!!! :( but anyway, please tell me if you know of anyone or if you yourself can do this. maybe i've come to the wrong place. but i wanna start going to conventions with my friend and stuff, and .....im just confused! so please help! i'll be back daily to check. if i have come to the wrong place or if i am being rude or something, someone please notify me! i dont want to offend anybody(though i have no idea how i could). thanks a bunch!

Lady
09-03-2002, 03:54 PM
Well, there are 3 things you should consider:

1. Are you planning on entering any cosplay contests with the costumes, or just wearing them for fun? If you're planning on entering contests you have to make the costumes yourself.

2. How much are you willing to spend? Fabric and patterns alone can easily cost you over $30 per costume. If you can get patterns and fabric for the three costumes you want, a cheap estimate is already costing you $90. I did an Aeris costume myself, and I believe it cost me $50 for the fabric and patterns

3. You're going to be paying a LOT more if you have someone make an outfit for you. I've heard a number of general rules for how much a custom made costume will cost, but the basic rule seems to be 2-4 times the cost of the fabric. The more elaborate the outfit, the more expensive. Aeris might not be too expensive (it's just a small jacket and simple dress, after all), but someone like Yuna will almost certainly cost you more. Also, if you need all 3 costumes before Halloween, that could possibly cost extra, depending on how busy the person making your costume is. (And note: if someone who can't measure you themselves is making an outfit for you, it will almost certainly NOT fit perfectly, because they will have to estimate everything based on the measurements you give them, so you may need to do alterations yourself)

I've done 3 costume pieces for friends before (a hat, a jacket, and a cape), and didn't charge them for the pieces, which cost me about $40 (plus whatever I paid for s&h). I looked at it as good experience, and since they're good friends and couldn't make the pieces themselves, I was happy to help them. My best (and cheapest) recommendation is for you to either make the costumes yourself, or have a friend make them for you, and pay them for the cost of supplies.

Hope it helps!

-Lady

silverchain94
09-05-2002, 11:39 AM
thank you! you'd be surprised how much that helped. i was gonna wait for my dad to find out about whatever he was planning on finding out about(hes so unreliable) but now i have a new burst of confidence(scaaaaary!) and im going to try my hand at it. lol im gonna cry if it dun werk. thankz lotz!

Sparks Padfoot
09-08-2003, 09:40 PM
Well, really, my best friends little sister did one Aeris by hand and it only cost her like 30 dollars. she didn't need the pattern. she just guessed her work. Let me guess, you don't want to guess......I think that a Aeris would be alot easier than rinoa, I am thinking about giving that one up :)

loki555
09-08-2003, 10:32 PM
*Again,point to the FF sub forum*

Adella
09-09-2003, 04:33 PM
Notice the last post in this thread was back in 2002. She has since gotten help with her costumes.