PDA

View Full Version : Best things you saw/heard at AXNY...

Oshi
09-02-2002, 04:12 PM
Kareoke contest...

"Women are monsters."

That kid needs a beating >.>;

Sami
09-02-2002, 07:48 PM
LOL methinks the poor "normal" people that were staying in the hotel for vacation or whatever were a little perturbed by us.. I got many points and stares from people in the glass elevators as they whizzed by. >_> And I bought a Krispy Kreme doughnut on the first floor when the cart was open, and some little kid would not stop staring at me. (I was in costume, can'tcha tell? x_X) I wanted to wrap my tail around his little head. XD XD XD

*nice girl!*

Ranma Saotome
09-02-2002, 09:15 PM
I agree Oshi. That and the kid that was promoting Bukkakecon. >.<

marronsama
09-02-2002, 09:30 PM
Some old dude on the 8th floor called me Mr. Wizard.... Though Ranma found us watching the History channel also provoked a pretty humerous response.

KuroBara
09-02-2002, 10:28 PM
The best thing, next to my friend's reaction to the naked cowboy, it would have to be the voice actors. Rachel Lillis & Mandy Bonhomme were so nice, and Jimmy Zopi & Liam O'Brian were funny. I have to go get a frame for the Utena poster they autographed! I know that's technically BAAF, but I was really disappointed in AXNY.

Oshi
09-02-2002, 11:15 PM
ONONONNO! How can I forget...

Ranma trying to DDR to Ultra Relax...

TheAnarCHris
09-02-2002, 11:27 PM
Best Line: Tie

Impmon: "The only thing worse would be Sailor Moon characters interacting with DBZ characters..."

Random dude "CAT HEAD!!!"

Best moment:

Tifa getting a breast deflation on stage.

Yes these are shameless FFU2 plugs....so sue me

CHris
AIM:Griever824

Oshi
09-02-2002, 11:32 PM
Yess, the breast deflation... then the best followup, after FF Catfight, Santano says "And I can assure you, those are real." XD

Adella
09-03-2002, 02:41 AM
Santoso*

I felt so bad for that Tifa girl. she was so sweet.. I was irritated that people were yelling rude things to her. she tried and I liked her costume a whole lot. :( ;_;

Blarg. how would Widya know about Kitty's boobs??? it's not like he's touched them or seen them so he can't attest to anything. but her being my best friend I can attest to it.

yes my favorite part about AXNY was doing the FF Cat Fight skit. THAT was fun.

Dragoon Knight
09-03-2002, 03:54 AM
Can't wait to see the skit ^^

F4shi0nabl3
09-03-2002, 04:34 AM
Are they posting the skits anywhere? I really want to see them all, from a better angle. Lol, I also wonder how mine went, I was in a daze the whole time.

TyJILDown
09-03-2002, 05:02 AM
One kid asked me for my autograph by the gift shops on the upper levels...I couldn't help but laugh afterwards...

F4shi0nabl3
09-03-2002, 05:04 AM
lol! That is awesome. I remember a small kid pointed at me and said "you're spike! and.." then pointed at my freind who was not cosplayung, but had his guitar "and you're... you're" he did that for like, 5 minutes, lol. then he made me take a picture of him with my friend! lol

Adella
09-03-2002, 01:03 PM
well we didn't get all the skits on video because Kyle (Admin) forgot his tripod in the hotel room in the chaos that went on before the masquerade. He has a few things on video but I'm not sure yet.

F4shi0nabl3
09-03-2002, 01:15 PM
ah.. when you find out what you have, tell me! :)

Shima-Mizu
09-03-2002, 02:16 PM
I thought the "when card captors away...clow cards at play" was one of the most amazing cosplay skits I've seen in a while...that was just sheer beauty.

Yeah the FF Cat fight was hilarious.

My favorite part though was meeting the people who drew Slayers...I got introduced to them by my friend in the industry- amazing how tongue tied you can get in such a situation.

Funniest moment though would have to be at the charity auction. I was working (well volunteering) and the lady in charge told me to get everyone to stop touching everything. So one guy picks up this little charm and I'm like "excuse me sir, you can't touch" and then the other girl I was working with starts cracking up, she goes "That's his!" I think it was koyama who I had said this too...man I'd never felt so embarrassed as right then and there...

Lady Ava
09-03-2002, 02:20 PM
Best Thing seen:

Sunday: Squall doing disco to "Cruel Angel's Thesis" during Karaoke. (Evangelion Children's Choir RULZ!)
When my group's Wolfwood went around asking people to confess their sins for 25 cents. (He made $5!)
When the intermission for "Throughly Modern Milly" started and they were watching all the strange people in costumes...hehehe...

Best thing heard:
One of the people staying in the hotel asked our group in the elevator (and i quote) "Why the heck are you people dressed so strangely?"

blueNINE
09-06-2002, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by F4shi0nabl3
lol! That is awesome. I remember a small kid pointed at me and said "you're spike! and.." then pointed at my freind who was not cosplayung, but had his guitar "and you're... you're" he did that for like, 5 minutes, lol. then he made me take a picture of him with my friend! lol What can I say? I just naturally look like a character. I think it was the hair...and my guitar...

s0ni-chan
09-06-2002, 11:50 AM
People recognizing me as Nadia was the best!

aeva
09-06-2002, 11:55 AM
::laughs:: There was much brilliance at that con... I must say, I LOVED the FF cat fight! Blatent yaoi onstage... such a beautiful thing.

But I must say, I don't know what was funnier- the actual skits or some of the things us cosplayers [the peanut gallery] were saying. "POW POW ME, PARN!" XD

The thing I remember best [unfortunately] was when my friend and I were rehearsing our cosplay on the 9th floor, which is just above [and surrounding] the restaurant of 'normal' people below. They could all see us, but we didn't care... we needed to rehearse. I was having SO much trouble with my Sumomo costume- because of the cut, i had to sew my bra into it and glue it to my chest so it didn't... er.... you know. Well, we were rehearsing to the wall, and when we finished, I turned around to realize we had an audience in the resturant. Unfortunately, the glue and come undone and everyone got a free show. o.O Oh dear, that was embarassing.

...yeah, I'm done. For now. Too many memories. [aka mistaken for a hooker in my Shuichi outift o.O]

Ayaka
09-06-2002, 12:19 PM
Ack, poor aeva. *gives cookie* Gosh . . . fave moments? Gotta be the double takes I was getting in Times Square standing on the sidewalk after the Bebop movie (in Faye, natch). XD Also being at the Inuyasha premiere, the staff guy took some pics of me with my Inuyasha plushie on my head . . . lol. ^^ I don't know, there was a lot of stuff . . . the last day, this guy with a three year old girl pointing at me in my Kuroneko costume and going, "look, it's a kitty! Do you see the kitty?" lol

Oh yeah, and winning an award! Whoo! Plus the peanut gallery of people waiting for the masq was really funny. ^^ Plus the cool Pyon Pyon Digi Charat group stopped me, and kept saying how much I looked like their Faye 12 inch fashion doll lol. "It's like our doll came to life and is walking around!" they said to me! XD I've never had fangirls before lol . . .

aeva
09-06-2002, 12:26 PM
tehehe! ::nibbles on cookie::

Fangirls are a great thing to have around. ^^ I want some more!!! XD XD XD I was glomp-tackled to teh ground by a Gravitation fangirl when I was Shuichi! XD

Doll... coming to life? Why does that remind me of "Very Private Lesson"? o.O

Ayaka
09-06-2002, 12:44 PM
LMAO Very Private Lesson XD Yeah . . . it was a vaguely bizarre compliment, but a compliment nonetheless. ^^ I was glomped very enthusiastically by the femme Spike, we wound up hanging out with her for a fair portion of the weekend . . . lol. ^^ I'm so glad I got to really meet people at this con. THat's becoming my fave part of con-going (after cosplay, and with karaoke as a tie).

aeva
09-06-2002, 12:48 PM
Yeah.,.. i met a lot of people this con. ^^ They're all awesome people. I've been talking to the Parn from the masquerade a lot... as well as a bunch of other people that didn't cosplay. I went DDR-ing that Monday with 3 people we because close with during the duration of the con! =D I love making new friends at cons... ::laughs:: I'm actually |-this-| close to going out with someone I met at Shoujocon. ^^ Ish good fun, it is. You're right- just as fun as cosplaying and karaoke.

Studmaster
09-06-2002, 01:00 PM
You beat me too it Oshi.

That was the Moment that made the Con for me. Steven needed a severe Beatdown for that one.

AngelJibrille
09-06-2002, 01:31 PM
The Parn looked -great-. Much droolage ^_^ (okay don't tell my husband I said that). I wish he'd won something (I whined at the judges, but they gave good reasons for why they picked who they did). I really liked the look of his armor and I think he shows a lot of talent and promise. Please pass that on if you speak to him.

Take care everyone!
-marisa

aeva
09-06-2002, 01:39 PM
^^ I'll be sure to tell him.

XxNANA_AYUxX
09-10-2002, 09:14 PM
lol my favorite thing out of AXNY was the first cosplay i saw EVER was one of the LuLu's..i was like "OMG SHE LOOKS JUST LIKE LULU LOOK MOMMY SHE LOOKS LIKE LULU!!" (like she knew who Lulu was) I felt.. happy being there.. i mean none of my friends watch anime.. not even my BF ( they all think i'm weird) i felt.. at home? just a happy felling that.. i can walk up to a total stranger say "nice costume" and go into a 10 mintue convo.. it felt.. GOOOD

F4shi0nabl3
09-10-2002, 09:15 PM
not even your BF O.o? lol, its usually the other way around.

XxNANA_AYUxX
09-10-2002, 09:19 PM
I know.. i'm sooo sad.. i feel like a dork......

F4shi0nabl3
09-10-2002, 09:26 PM
nah, its cool. WHY he is your BF is another matter ;) *tease tease* jk, lol

aeva
09-10-2002, 10:32 PM
tehehe.... it sucks having clueless friends. I've hooked most of mine into this wonderful world, so the problem doesn't occur as often. ......and I also choose boy/girlfriends if they have a strong love for anime. XD [I'd have nothing else to talk about!]

.....yay for uber-geeky-ness!

F4shi0nabl3
09-10-2002, 10:34 PM
Yeah, I try for that, definatly.. *(sigh* all the really cool people I meet at cons live too far away to go for though -_-

Oshi
09-10-2002, 11:03 PM
There is a heavy aura of a lack of presence of otaku in my area... My only otaku friend that lives near me is going away to college soon, so I won't see him much aside from online... And I'll be alone... trying to find people with similar interests in college... I have no friends there... and I'm very shy in school, like I'm ashamed of myself and shouldn't talk to people... I dunno why...
*sigh*
*curls up in bed and falls asleep depressed*

Cyber Wolf
09-21-2002, 06:08 PM
There there... *pats Oshi on the back*

Originally posted by Oshi
Kareoke contest...

"Women are monsters."

That kid needs a beating >.>;

Oh him, we were all booing him. Smooth move man XD

I was Nadia! :D The one in the red dress on Saturday. ^^ Many pics were taken of me; it felt so good to be in the spotlight. I know how Miyazawa feels...

Who was at the Karaoke Contest?! Me and my friend got third place, woohoo! =o

aeva
09-21-2002, 07:48 PM
Oh my gee golly goodness! That was you??? You guys were so *cute*!!!! Fantastic job- congrats!! =D

Oshi
09-21-2002, 11:58 PM
Oh, by the way, you don't have to feel sorry for me, cuz I found there is an Anime Underground at my college, so I'm in it now ^_^;

Cyber Wolf
09-22-2002, 04:25 PM
Oh, that's good :D

Thanks Aeva! ^^ Ya know that girl who was the vey first singer? She was criticizing us and that DIE cosplayer on our karaoke on this other board. She wasn't even moving around and she was totally nervous

aeva
09-22-2002, 04:32 PM
@.@ That's..... quite rude! Blarg.... I thought y'all were *excellent*. ^^ [and the DIE cosplayer was *hot*! XD]

Kamui Motoaki
09-22-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by s0ni-chan
Hmm... best time for me was prolly, x__x taking a picture with Kamui. *giggles* Worst was when people didn't know who I was cosplaying (Nadia.) u__u I should've twapped them.

^_^ thank you. . . .that made my day ^_^

Keurblitz
09-22-2002, 06:13 PM
Hm... best things?
I hafta say the music videos and the masquerade

Ayaka
09-23-2002, 10:46 PM
Nice work, Cyber Wolf! I'm 95% sure I know who you were ("Ai", ne?). Well, who ever that was, I leaned over to my brother and said "they better know the dance moves" and they did, which made me happy. ^^

F4shi0nabl3
09-23-2002, 10:49 PM
Yeah, the dance moves were awesome! And Krystal (the Die cosplayer) definatly deserverd her placing as well. She didn't know she would have to do the second song, but thanks to some sign holding on my part, she did pretty well ;)

Cyber Wolf
09-24-2002, 03:56 PM
Yes, yes we did "Ai"! ^^ Thanks guys, I'm glad you' liked it.

You were the guy holding the paper in front of her? '_' Heh, she almost smacked that person in the face lol

F4shi0nabl3
09-24-2002, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I was the paper holding dude, lol. I try to be helpful ^^

Cyber Wolf
09-25-2002, 08:33 PM
Heh, good job man *thumbs up* Now, was that the words you held up for her? Or something else?

F4shi0nabl3
09-25-2002, 08:39 PM
lol! Dance moves! lol!

No, they were the words. It was a last minute song.. she hadn't been able to rehearse it enough. She did well though.. maybe sucked up a bit too much, lol

Chiri
10-05-2002, 09:53 AM
Hmmmmm...best things, huh? I don't know where to begin ^^ When I first got there so many people attacked me .... :woah:

if anyone remembers mwe, I was the ONLY Chichiri there on Saturday and Sunday .... :bigcry: Mitsukake was with me, too lol ^^

~ Chiri

Cyber Wolf
10-05-2002, 11:14 AM
I saw you guys, cool costumes ^^

Ayaka
10-05-2002, 12:24 PM
Chiri - that pic you posted in the other thread, my brother and I (Spike and Faye) are in the BG rehearsing our skit! ^^ lol. And yeah, I was all excited that there was a Mitsukake . . . never got your pics though. :(

Chiri
10-05-2002, 01:22 PM
Chiri - that pic you posted in the other thread, my brother and I (Spike and Faye) are in the BG rehearsing our skit! ^^ lol. And yeah, I was all excited that there was a Mitsukake . . . never got your pics though. :(

Really?? XD Whattya know ... Hey! We have your pic(s) up on our website ... in the Cosplay section, of course...check it out! Da! :bigtu:

I saw you guys, cool costumes ^^

^__^ Arigato! That was my first costume ... my OVA II Tasuki costume should be a helluva lot betta :D

~ Chiri

Chiri
10-06-2002, 06:01 PM
Hehe... me here again .. but I remembered something that I'll never forget! XD

Mits and I had made friends with Wolfwood and Marianne/Vash cosplayers on Saturday (and coincidentally, met them again on Sunday!) and hung out with them a lot. (They were the first cosplayers we saw at the convention ^^; )

On Sunday, we all were let on our own for a bit, and we were hungry (naturally), so we left the Mariott and walked through a huge crowd of people, walked across two streets in the rain, and walked through more crowds to McDonalds ... XD It was the wierdest thing ... A Chichiri, Mitsukake, Vash, and Wolfwood casually taking a stroll through NYC in the rain (I had my Chichiri kasa hat thingie, and Hannah {the Wolfwood} had her cross, so we were protected from the rain *points and laughs at Mitsukake and Vash*)

Anyhoo, while we were walking, we got stares..and some people took our pic at McDonalds .. O.o *poses next to the Ronald McDonald poster cut-out* :razz: Also while we were walking one person said to me under their breath (which I heard, btw..>_>): "Let Loose!" and one person said to Hannah (Wolfwood): "Good For You!" They definitely don't know what's REALLY in that cross >^^< .. MERCY! :rofl:

--

When we were going TO the convention (just me and Mits), we had to walk from Penn Station to the Mariott...which was a helluva long way!!! *passes out* @_@ Then we had to walk the entire way back when we left the Mariott ... goddamn ... my mom was following behind us both (we were in FULL costume, and I had my huge-ass Chichiri staff XD), and she said that people really didn't look twice, except for a few who did double/triple-takes as we walked by (yes, casually) ... LOL :crylaugh: Some people stared, of course (duh!)

most people: :eek:

:rofl:

^__^ Ahh..I love messing with people.

But this coming year, my costume is a lot bigger, and I have a wig, and everything ... @_@ I think we're taking the train again to BAAF, and I'll be in full costume once again ... our costumes'll be more of an ... eye-catcher ....

^^;;

*slides away*

~ Chiri

Galaxia
10-06-2002, 10:51 PM
I liked getting all the weird looks too - especially at the train stations, the subway, and walking outside. It was faboo! :D I scared one little kid though - I was like "What are you looking at? Haven't you ever seen a person in a wig before?" and the kid ran away screaming.

I'm so evil ^_~ ^^;;;;