PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon cos-play

JoeBoeing
05-15-2003, 11:50 PM
Greetings all,

I'm planning on making a team rocket themed costume based on Butch's costume and am wondering if anyone else is doing a Pokemon costume for AX, well?

FRom,
Joe

Michi
05-16-2003, 12:13 AM
I'm doing Meowth for Otakon but I doubt I'd have it in time for AX. x_X;; Good luck finding people!

JoeBoeing
05-16-2003, 12:22 AM
I wish that you could get your Meowth in time for AX but oh well. Is it a Meowth-girl or a traditional mascot type?

From,
Joe

Michi
05-16-2003, 12:52 AM
Meowth-girl. I couldn't make a mascot costume if I wanted. ^^;

JoeBoeing
05-16-2003, 01:27 AM
Michi, that would soooooooooo kick ass! Meowth is my 2nd favorite pokemon... Jigglypuff is my 1st. I can't wait to see pics of it. there was this one Japanese girl I saw a couple months ago do that and she was soooooooo cute I wanted to take her home and sit her on my shelf for my personal human plushie.

My team rocket costume will consist of:

Black pants
Black shoes
Black beret w/ red R
Red long sleave shirt
Black short sleave shirt w/ large red R
Red sash in the belt loops
black gloves
EDIT: Black arm band red trim w/ red R on right sleave

I'm hoping to put a couple pokeballs around my waist plus one to carry on my hand.

FRom,
Joe

RoseDuelist
05-16-2003, 10:16 PM
Heh! Maybe I'll wear my team rocket costume with Stephen one of the days. As long as it isn't Thursday, I'll probably be able to. What day you doing it?

JoeBoeing
05-16-2003, 10:25 PM
Rose - I'm not sure which day... that's why I asked. I'm wondering if there have been any plans for a group.

I don't know when the Digimon group is meeting so I'll need to make sure that they don't conflict.

I can't find my Pokeballs... do you know where to get the Burger King pokeball and the small ones with the clips that you two had?

I have a pokeball that the gold cards came in but I'd rather not have to use that for the costume.

FRom,
Joe

RoseDuelist
05-16-2003, 10:30 PM
The ones we had didn't have clips. We took hair tied and put them inside tied onto something, then we tied it around our belts. As for where to get them I'm sure you could find them at Swap meets, thrift stores, or online. Stephen, as I said at the picnic, when he was younger had hardly a life outside of Pokemon. It's sorta cute. He has the Ash hat and everything. lol!! But I think he just went to Burder king day after day until he had a collection. I think his dad found a few for him too.

Hope I can help you. Oh, and I'm modifying my costume for the con. No way I am walking around all day in a mini-skirt and knew high boots. It's shorts and boot covers for me! lol! The picinic I knew I could sit down. Here? No. I'm on my feet all day. lol! As for the rest it'll be basically the same. ^^;;

RoseDuelist
05-17-2003, 08:43 PM
Wa! I suddenly have more to add to this. :) *bumps* Last year a friend of a friend (yeah, ha ha, I don't know him) met a group and created a little "Team Rocket" gang. They had a little clash between the dark and the light suited Team Rockets. Sort of funny. I'm not sure what they did. I'd have to drag KaitouKurogo online to get the full story.

Sounds interesting though. Heh, anyone else coming as a Team Rocket member? All we have to do is pick a date. Any pokemon character works, but Team Rocket Gang sounds cool. lol!

JoeBoeing
05-17-2003, 09:22 PM
Greeting all,

Rose - I have heard of the Team Rocket duo at Ax but I don't remember meeting them. But I didn't go to AX last year.

I won a beret off ebay and am buying the black and red shirts tomarrow... I may pick up a new pair of Black pants for this costume... not sure yet.

I love the idea of a Team Rocket group... now only if there was an Ash to torment *imagins 20 Team Rocket cos-players chasing after Ash*

It's weird... none of the Kay B, Toys r us, and Target stores near me really carry pockemon stuff.

FRom,
Joe

RoseDuelist
05-17-2003, 10:34 PM
*laughs at your marvelous description* XD XD XD

We have to find an Ash now! lol!!

Maybe ebay for the pokeballs? Hmmm.. I'm going to have to drag KaitouKurogo online soon (if he gets home >_< ). He is a pokemon expert so he should be a bit more of a help than I am on where to get it.

*goes off to track down KaitouKurogo*

JoeBoeing
05-18-2003, 04:44 PM
I got the black shirt and found the red shirt off the net and is going to be shipped. I won the beret off some guy from canada off ebay.

When I get the red shirt I'll head on over to JoAnn's for matching red cloth for the R's and a strip of black for the armband.

Anyone care to be our Ash to torment and chase?

Is there talk on the AX board of a Pokemon cos-play group?

Rose - If you talk to KaitouKurogo ask him for me where to get a couple pokeballs... I may have one in my room but my room is a total disaster area. I haven't seen my floor in about a year.

FRom,
Joe

Michi
05-18-2003, 05:01 PM
There was a Jessie/James (Musashi/Kojirou) Team Rocket duet at AX last year. Jessie was Celine from this board, though she stopped posting. There were also some other Team Rocket cosplayers, too. I think they had a group. @_@

There's Pokemon/Team Rocket suggested on the AX board, but no time or day has been chosen.

JoeBoeing
05-18-2003, 05:13 PM
Michi - I just went to AX's site and you're right... there is no time or day. I'd love to be apart of it though. I can't find a thread on Team Rocket cos-play in the AX boards and I tried a search.

I have been wondering why Celine hasn't posted in a while... anyone know? I miss reading her posts.

Thanks Michi-chan!

FRom,
Joe

JoeBoeing
05-18-2003, 06:48 PM
Greetings again,

I found a pokeball in my room. It was one of those you got at buurger king with a plushie in them. Mine was missing my plushie! *pouts*I had all of them too.

Now I just need a couple (read - 4) of the smaller ones to put on my belt loops.

I hope I look good in the costume.

FRom,
Joe