PDA

View Full Version : I want to get into crossplay

Flea
05-16-2003, 07:34 AM
I am male... sorta. 17 Years old, but I am kinda big. I'm not sure what I should try to do for my first costume. I have never cosplayed before, and it looks like a whole lot of fun. Does anyone have any ideas?

Koumori
05-16-2003, 09:25 AM
The same rules that always apply: pick a character you like and an outfit that is within your abilities.

zor
05-17-2003, 02:47 PM
I was thinking of doing it too, I think San from Mononoke would be cool. Her skirt is knee-length and looks like it'd be easy to wear... unlike other characters (I saw a guy do Tifa Lockeheart once, that looked uncomfortable as all get-out).

~ Z o r ~

Flea
05-17-2003, 04:25 PM
I like crossdressing in general. I just have never done it in public. and Crossplay would be a good excuse. I just cant think of any costumes that would actually look good on me.

zor
05-17-2003, 06:03 PM
You could do something simple like San from Mononoke. That or do one of the many kawaii costumes from Card Captor Sakura. They are all too cute to not look good on you. ^_^

~ Z o r ~

Flea
05-17-2003, 09:12 PM
I would LOOOOOOOOVE to wear something from CSS. But I really dont think a guy like me could wear anything that sakura wore.

zor
05-17-2003, 09:18 PM
Oh come on, where's your sense of adventure? *lol* She DID wear some outfits that were basically overall-shorts. ^_^ You could get away with those... if you are comfortable with tights.

~ Z o r ~

Flea
05-17-2003, 09:29 PM
I am.. in my house by myself. lol. Im not sure I would be in public.

zor
05-17-2003, 09:33 PM
I had a crash course. A medical condition that requires me to wear medical compression panty-hose... Odd to say the least, for the first few times... after that it's no biggie. Most ppl don't seem to even notice. One friend thought I had just gotten a tan when I wore the skin-tones. ^_^

~ Z o r ~

Flea
05-17-2003, 09:43 PM
ah I see, ive only worn stuff like that out a couple times under pants in the winter. They really keep you warm.

zor
05-17-2003, 10:25 PM
They are good at that... especially when it's 90 degrees Farenheit out... *_*'

~ Z o r ~

yasafusa
05-17-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Flea
I am.. in my house by myself. lol. Im not sure I would be in public.

Yeah, the front door is hard to go through when crossplaying... It's really easy inside tho... Once you get comfortable inside; then you can maybe run out to get the mail! HEHE It's really funny if you have nosey neighbors!

Flea
05-18-2003, 07:46 AM
But I don't look ANYTHING like a girl :(

Koumori
05-18-2003, 08:51 AM
So? I don't look anything like a j-rocker. Just pick an outfit you love and do it.

Flea
05-18-2003, 11:02 AM
I suppose I could. Maybe I will try to make one for Anime Boston next year!

Nine
05-18-2003, 08:56 PM
pick a character you like and cosplay it. That's the best way to pick characters to cosplay. The characters I cosplay are the characters who appeal to me the most.. and if you see, most of the characters who appeal to me are the female characters.. lol

vyrax778
05-18-2003, 10:35 PM
remeber rule #1 have fun.
rule #2 doesnt matter if you look like the character see rule #1

Menchi
05-19-2003, 10:54 AM
i look like nothing like a girl normally myself but i dont care i will only do it for fun. hehe gotta get my pics up soon of my new cosutmes they are fun...oh yes.

Moonlight Knigh
05-19-2003, 06:42 PM
=) I want to do Ranma girl-type. I want to go all out though ^^ and the proper look would require $200 just for the under parts, I don't know how much the top and bottom would cost though.

yasafusa
05-19-2003, 09:37 PM
If you want some excellent falsies (http://www.thebreastformstore.com/) try these guys... They are real nice people and very informative not to mention great prices! I purchased a "pair" from here and they are totally real looking and feeling; all you need is a bra and tadah.... tatahs! The hardest part was finding a bra that gave good support! hehe... It's hard to bring a backpack with the falsies into a department store and THEN grab a fist full of tops and run to the fitting room!
If you want realistic to the max... the also have a great pair of bra-less falsies, but it's some dough!

Flea
05-20-2003, 10:12 AM
Now I am really excited to do something like this. I have never cosplayed before. But I am working on my first costume now. I will work on a crossplay costume, I'm just not sure which one. Ive got a whole year to lose some weight for Anime Boston 2004.

Shonen_Star
05-22-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Flea
I am male... sorta.

Sorta? Something in between maybe?

Flea
05-22-2003, 07:32 AM
Well. I think of myself as a girl. But I dont look like one... If you can understand my crazy logic.

Karisu-sama
05-22-2003, 08:05 AM
Hey, I think of myself as just me, and if I haaaave to define it, pretty much in the middle on a gender scale irrespective of my biology. I generally don't care to be on the extremes - neither too "butch" nor too "femme". My biology merely perturbs me (and by extension the husband and kids whom I grumble at! :p ) with PMS once a month, but it also allowed me to bear my children. ^^

Flea
05-22-2003, 09:15 AM
I wish I could be more "femme", anyone who dosent know me and sees me on the street would never know about the real me. I wish I could be more open. That's why I want to start crossplaying.

Goth Kitty 22
05-26-2003, 01:11 AM
How can they even see your pantyhose? Are you wearing them under your shorts?

Heh. My friends once asked me if I shaved my legs and I said it was just that way. But they may not have noticed that the hair's grown back. :p It hurts wearing socks or tights with leg hair. The follicles are pushed against the grain, and after a few hours it feels weird.