PDA

View Full Version : Any Tenchi Muyo cosplayers?

Allia
05-16-2003, 05:00 PM
I just wanted to know if there was anyone who was thinking on cosplaying Tenchi characters. I was thinking on making a Ryoko costume but I don't want to be the only Tenchi cosplayer. So if you are cosplaying a tenchi character please tell me. I would love to take pics with people if they want.

Raine
05-16-2003, 11:05 PM
I was planning an Ayeka a while back.. I could actually do it if you want

Allia
05-16-2003, 11:14 PM
That would be neat! We need to find the rest of the cast though. Do you know any one who would be interested?

Raine
05-16-2003, 11:19 PM
I may be able to convince a friend of mine to be Sasami. Arisa's sister - she has a cutesy face XD

Dark Vision
05-17-2003, 03:47 AM
Don't worry about doing a costume alone.

I have infact never taken a picture with another tenchi muyo character ever.

Raine
05-17-2003, 09:59 PM
Yeah, I remember at Otakon being a lonely Rinoa. Well, I found a Squall and Seifer, but at separate times. :\

But that's beside the point - Dark Vision, be Tenchi one of the days(if you're going o.o;;). You can get a picture of a Ryoko and Ayeka trying to tear you in half XD

Dark Vision
05-19-2003, 12:28 PM
Sorry, Otacon is too far this year. And too close to comic con international. Maybe next though.

Raine
05-20-2003, 09:28 PM
Aww ;-; But isn't Comic Con in like.. July? And this is in like... August?

Mystic
05-21-2003, 01:24 PM
Check washu.org and ask around on the message boards there, alot of people cosplay and they may be going, also sence its strictly a tenchi muyo based webpage Im sure you will find somone to go with, I would go but heh, kinda stuck in florida. ^_^

Allia
05-21-2003, 06:02 PM
Thaks Mystic I'll try that out.

Raine
05-21-2003, 08:17 PM
o.O I'm in Florida and going. Ha, another person from Orlando! Awessoooommme! Hellooooo fellow Central Floridian! w00t!

Allia
05-25-2003, 04:29 PM
Raine what to you have done on your costume? I have nothing done and wont have anything until school ends on the 10th of June. I do have the wig though. I need to style it *sob*. I have never styled a wig before. Don't worry I'll have it done by Otakon. I can't wait to go so happy. This will be my first year at Otakon. I have been to three other cons before this one. Have you been to Otakon before?

Misa-chan
05-25-2003, 06:55 PM
Ooo I was thinking maybe Ryo-Ohki (Human or Regular) or Washuu. What day would this be on?

Allia
05-25-2003, 07:01 PM
Um... We have not decided on a day yet. What days are you free? I will wear my Ryoko costume for the whole con I think so I have no preferance.

Yay It would be great if you did either of them. We don't have either yet so it's your choice.

Misa-chan
05-25-2003, 07:15 PM
I can't go to Otakon anymore, my group decided to go to BAAF instead. :( Sorry! ::sniff:: I'm sure you'd get a couple more people if you post a request thing on CosplayLab.com. Maybe I should just abandon them....:P

Allia
05-25-2003, 07:20 PM
Devil:Hehe that would be great.
Angel: That would be very nice of you, but I don't want you to lose your friends over a con.
Me: Maybe I'll see ya next year.

I hate having multiple personalities.^_^; I know I'm wierd.

Misa-chan
05-25-2003, 09:29 PM
Yeah, maybe next year. If only I could go w/ the devil...hehe. I have no idea why they'd want to go to BAAF, the ticket lines make me irratable, and we don't want that. ^^; Just noticed....you're from Rochester?? I was born there! ^^

Raine
05-26-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Allia
Raine what to you have done on your costume? I have nothing done and wont have anything until school ends on the 10th of June. I do have the wig though. I need to style it *sob*. I have never styled a wig before. Don't worry I'll have it done by Otakon. I can't wait to go so happy. This will be my first year at Otakon. I have been to three other cons before this one. Have you been to Otakon before?

Suckily, I have nothing done yet, and I can't buy the fabric until I can get to JoAnn's, which won't be for 2 weeks at the least. No worries though, I'll do what I can to get it done! ^^

Tenshi
05-26-2003, 12:23 AM
I wish I was going to Otakon >.<. No one recognizes my battle Aeka costume unless I'm with other Tenchi cosplayers. And Tenchi cosplayers are so rare! Sigh. . .maybe Otakon next year ^^;;.

Allia
05-26-2003, 09:58 AM
Misa-chan:thats awsome!

Raine: No worries. Take your time.

Tenshi: Yeah maybe next year. From what I've been finding yeah Tenchi cosplayers are rare. I looked at your costume, it looks great. Sorry people don't recognize it.

carly579
06-08-2003, 12:57 AM
HI! Don't feel bad i was the only Ayeka at ACEN, but I took a cute pic with a Ryoko, wish I had her e-mail so I could get a copy, but anyways, My friend and I are going as Kiyone and Mihoshi in GP uniforms. I would love to get together with some other Tenchi Characters for some pics! PM me or something!

Raine
06-08-2003, 01:47 AM
Update: I'm really not sure if I can get the costume done in time. I'm gunna try my best, but it has to take a backseat to my SeeD uniform and Dark Gunner Yuna ><"

Allia
06-08-2003, 06:15 PM
Thats Ok Raine. I understand. Hope I'll still get a chance to see ya at the con.

carly579
06-08-2003, 07:19 PM
Allia are you still gonna be Ryoko? we'd love to have our pics taken with you ^^ Also if you are still in need of a Ryoko wig I could loan you one for the weekend. I love to cosplay as Ryoko, but have never actually gone to a con as her. I just have an awesome wig and a closet full of costumes :D

Raine
06-09-2003, 12:13 PM
I may not go to the con at all, but I'm twisting things into being in MY favor. I'm really looking forward to Otakon! Ee!

I know I'll be doing my best to get it done ^__^

Allia
06-10-2003, 12:11 AM
Carly579- I am still planning on going as Ryoko. I have a wig and it's unstyled but its not as nice as yours. I'll try to get it to look good but it I can't I might take you up on your offer. You are very kind and I appreciate it ^_^ Do you know what works best for styling wigs? I don't want to mess up my wig. Thanks.

carly579
06-10-2003, 04:54 PM
Hmmmm i've used just regular heavy duty hairspray. But what the major factor is, is having a wig with the right hair texture. My first Ryoko attempt was terrible becuase I tried to use a straight wig and it just didn't want to cooperate. The wig that I wear in my cosplay.com photos dosen't have any styling products in it, I just kinda run my finger through it.

Allia
06-10-2003, 10:43 PM
I always thought hair spray ruined wigs. But if you say so. Thanks for the info.

chibistarpower
06-15-2003, 10:59 PM
I was gonna be Achika , but i decided on another costume last minite, I may do it at Katsucon though....

Allia
06-15-2003, 11:44 PM
Thanks anyway.

P.S. Love your avatar. Did you draw it?

carly579
06-16-2003, 04:13 AM
gyaaa why do the Tenchi cosplayers keep droping off!? I'm the bigest Tenchi fan, as my little thing says I'm the voice of Kiriko Misaki in Tenchi GXP fan dub. I have an Amane Kaounaq costume, but never wore it because I figure if peeps don't rocognise me as Ayeka they definatly won't know that one!

Reiko
06-28-2003, 08:31 PM
hehe if I have time and money I'll try Ayeka.. lol "Try" but I dont know if I can get anymore groups : / sat is going to kill me

carly579
06-29-2003, 01:09 AM
actually the group is friday at 11:00 am ^_^

Reiko
06-29-2003, 06:27 PM
umm do you have a list of who's cosplaying... who? lol cus I got for the ones that arent cosplayed much... friday huh? *smiles.* not bad! I think I can swing that... *kicks her wedding dress* muhaha

Allia
07-18-2003, 12:11 AM
11:00! NO I wont be there till like 1:00pm maybe 12:30. This sucks. I'll never make the photo shoot in time. Sorry but I don't think I can be there that early. Can I maybe meet up with you guys later to take pics seeing that it is too late to change the time. Thanks.