PDA

View Full Version : OniCon Villain Gathering!

Danzikumaru
09-09-2007, 12:47 AM

Well, I just got this ultra ambitious idea of doing a HUEG ALL VILLAIN PHOTOSHOOT at Onicon, encompassing nefarious folks from all origins into one giant group. I say this mostly because I know Kim and I are bringing at least two pairs of villains to this con, and I always thought it would be sort of cool to have a gathering like this.

Current Shoot Time: Friday 5pm
Current Shoot Location: 2nd floor of the convention center

The Evil Scheme

Group Shots:
Anime Only
Video Game Only
Other Only

Old School
New School

Men
Women

Group Poses:
Naga the Serpent's (The Slayers) "Ohoho" laugh (not the only character to do it, but the most notable I can think of)
Gendo Ikari's (Neo Genesis Evangelion) handrest
Light Yagami's (Deathnote) "Just as Planned!" (evil grin head turn thing)
Dio Brando's (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure) "WRYYYYYYYYY!!!"

Characters At the Shoot (will add characters into their respective series slots. I don't put "maybes" or "mights" down, only guaranteed confirms):
Luc, Yuber - Suikoden
Kisame - Naruto
Gannondorf - Legend of Zelda
Xenmas, Demyx, Final Xenmas - Kingdom Hearts
Millennium Earl - D.Grayman
Heinkel - Hellsing
Queen Beryl - Sailormoon
Hao Asakura - Shaman King
Moses or Carl - Blood+
Team Rocket Members - Pokemon
Kougaiji - Saiyuki
Wonderwice Margera - Bleach
I-no - Guilty Gear
Zolf J. Kimblee - Fullmetal Alchemist
Amano Sephiroth - Final Fantasy
Sergeant Keroro - Keroro Gunsou
Human From Ursula - Little Mermaid
Flashback!Knives - Trigun
An original evil EGA

Lady Saea
09-09-2007, 12:53 AM
Hmm Madoushi is kind of a villain, Sephy is a villain...I might come to this. :D

Danzikumaru
09-09-2007, 01:38 AM

And they don't even need to necessarily be evil, they can just be an adversary or antagonist!

Arei
09-09-2007, 07:03 PM
....OMG I LOVE THIS IDEA~!!

damn now i really wish i could have Master Cyclonis done in time for oni :(

..maybe i can have her without all her armor...

...or Wuya :3

Cloud Z Strife
09-09-2007, 08:01 PM
OMG Yesh . . . Screw the good guys Bad guys Rule . . . ^ ^

definately up for this

Kuragiman
09-10-2007, 11:30 AM
So much EVIL in one place... can the camera handle it? Love to find out. Count me in for photography.

Saejima
09-10-2007, 12:37 PM
count me in as the Millenium Earl

RedeadDie
09-10-2007, 02:28 PM
w00t! This is an awesome idea! Count me in!

Melodious Nocturne
09-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Does Demyx count as a villain, he was a bad guy but kinda of a wuss at the same time! XDD if not then i'll change into my konan cosplay or JAck!

Madara-sama
09-10-2007, 11:16 PM
Count me in. The extent of my evilness has yet to be seen, but I'm definitely evil Tobi.

Danzikumaru
09-10-2007, 11:45 PM

Like I said, kids, the villain can be an ambiguous one too. So Demyx and Tobi are okay.

Danzikumaru
09-10-2007, 11:48 PM

So who's up for a friday evening shoot on this one? That will give anyone interested plenty of time to get into costume, and given it's HUGELY multi-fandom, it's unlikely to interfere with other shoots.

Arei
09-11-2007, 01:00 AM
...Yknow I might have Lina Inverse done for this con...and she is considered enemy to all who live

i cosplay pretty much nothing but villains..so this makes it difficult XD

Danzikumaru
09-11-2007, 09:05 AM

As much of an antagonist Lina is to other people, she is still the PROtagonist of that series, making her not qualify. At least in my opinion. Now, if you put on a goatee and specifically did ZOMG EVIL UNIVERSE LINA that would be awesome...but you gotta have the goatee.

Arei
09-11-2007, 10:12 AM

As much of an antagonist Lina is to other people, she is still the PROtagonist of that series, making her not qualify. At least in my opinion. Now, if you put on a goatee and specifically did ZOMG EVIL UNIVERSE LINA that would be awesome...but you gotta have the goatee.

ROFL now im tempted you do realize that?

i dunno who ill have for this shoot...i have so many villains.. *thinks*

Saejima
09-11-2007, 10:12 AM
oh ho ho ho you trecky fan you XD um so What are we all planing on doing I hope people recognize the awesome power that is The Millenium Earl

C.C.
09-11-2007, 11:48 AM
i would be up for this, im pretty sure heinkles a antagonist. hehe.

C.C.
09-11-2007, 11:49 AM
oh crap, how do delete a double post again?

yamibakura03
09-11-2007, 05:58 PM
If i get there early at friday, (probably will since i have no school on friday)
Then I be there as Hao Asakura. Just not sure if i should make a weapon for him.

Melodious Nocturne
09-11-2007, 07:03 PM
friday evening sounds great! ^^

Danzikumaru
09-11-2007, 08:10 PM

Okay, so no one opposed to Friday evening, then? If I can get general times for other events going on at the time, I can start figuring out a more specific time. Location is TBA too, I need to find out where everything is going to be this year.

Azrael-sama
09-11-2007, 09:00 PM
yeah I will so be there with my group if we still go this year. We will have a Team Rocket Group going on. So I am prepared to start ironing on tons of red R's for us. ::cries::

Cat-Chans
09-11-2007, 09:31 PM
yeah I will so be there with my group if we still go this year. We will have a Team Rocket Group going on. So I am prepared to start ironing on tons of red R's for us. ::cries::
HO SHI
TEAM ROCKET?!?!?!

Who all do you have?

Azrael-sama
09-12-2007, 12:16 AM
we aren't really doing main characters just random Team Rocket peeps. But if anyone wants to join in as (using American names here) Butch and Cassidy or Jessie and James etc heck it would be awesome to have a Giovanni, manga characters are accepted too.
Me and my crack ideas, I think it was around 3am and I'm talking to my friend on aim and then randomly I say," we need costumes for Oni-con, lets do something easy...and evil....TEAM ROCKET!"

Kilartheli
09-12-2007, 01:41 AM
Count me in!!

I'll either be Moses or Carl from Blood+

SchizoIori
09-12-2007, 11:20 AM
If I happen to be in Herba for this I'll come, but I don't think that I'll want to paint myself up if not. Geeze green body paint.

sylphkeeper
09-12-2007, 12:05 PM
This sounds awesome! I think I'll be joining as Kougaiji from Saiyuki. Although I also have Envy.....I'd prefer to do Kougaiji though. I'm really looking forward to it.

Cat-Chans
09-12-2007, 02:23 PM
we aren't really doing main characters just random Team Rocket peeps. But if anyone wants to join in as (using American names here) Butch and Cassidy or Jessie and James etc heck it would be awesome to have a Giovanni, manga characters are accepted too.
Me and my crack ideas, I think it was around 3am and I'm talking to my friend on aim and then randomly I say," we need costumes for Oni-con, lets do something easy...and evil....TEAM ROCKET!"

OH MAN
I have a James costume, I was going to wear Ouran on Friday, but I may just not bring it and bring James instead
so I can be awsome and evil

I need to see if I can fix the wig first though ><

Danzikumaru
09-12-2007, 08:29 PM

Updated the first post with poses and character list. I need ideas on poses, ideas on time/location, and more characters if possible

PwyllArcher
09-12-2007, 09:07 PM
This looks like too much fun to pass up XD You can count me in. With my only villain cosplay Wonderwice from Bleach (even though he doesn't act much like a villain).

Danzikumaru
09-12-2007, 09:26 PM
This looks like too much fun to pass up XD You can count me in. With my only villain cosplay Wonderwice from Bleach (even though he doesn't act much like a villain).

Added, yo! Also, thought I'd share this with you: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/gonsai/wondymotivater.jpg

Arei
09-12-2007, 09:44 PM
LOL thats great!

PwyllArcher
09-12-2007, 10:03 PM
Added, yo! Also, thought I'd share this with you: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/gonsai/wondymotivater.jpg

XD lol, thanks I needed a giggle.

Cloud Z Strife
09-12-2007, 11:05 PM
Pwyll! *pounces on*

PwyllArcher
09-12-2007, 11:25 PM
Pwyll! *pounces on*

eek! *is pounced* Hi.

Evil Kimba
09-13-2007, 01:23 AM
Er...Can we please keep the thread on topic? Please take all private chatter to PMs, thank you. :3

vg_goddess02
09-13-2007, 04:46 PM
Well I'm hoping to be Cynthia Velasquez/Victim 16 of Silent Hill 4. I saw in the photoshoot thread that this was to be in the evening, which would be perfect as I wanted to be Cynthia in the day and then be Victim 16 in the night, who's the villan and all XD

Danzikumaru
09-13-2007, 05:18 PM

Added then! Any other suggestions for time and location? Because we REALLY need them

vg_goddess02
09-13-2007, 05:27 PM
I can't say a location as I'm not too familiar with the place, but does Friday night sound good?

I still have to schedule my stuff! I WAS thinking Cynthia on Friday(if I do make her) and then I-no on Saturday and Jessica on Sunday. Though if I do make Cynthia, Saturday would probably be better with the plan I want to do. Er, kind of talking to myself there XD;. So Friday or Saturday for sure. For an exact time, uh, 5/6?

Just throwing out something ^^

Danzikumaru
09-13-2007, 05:29 PM

Between 5/6 on Friday was my idea too, but I've yet to hear anything else on that. Friday at 5 sounds good on paper, but I want to consider any major events happening at the time, such as the concert (I won't be attending, but I know others will)

vg_goddess02
09-13-2007, 05:44 PM
Ah yeah didn't think of that for a second. Well if I make Cynthia happen, you can count me in! I won't be attending the concert, if it's then, either

Madara-sama
09-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Friday (at least at 5) isn't good for me :( Sorry...but I'm starting a new job and they may only let me have Saturday, and I'm already in 2 photoshoots there. I wouldn't want to ask if this could be Saturday, cause that's semi-selfish...and that'd make it photoshoot day xD Although if you could make it on Saturday...like...in the morning or so, then that'd be swell. The Bleach photoshoot is at 2, the Naruto vs Bleach one is shortly after that, and the Naruto one is at 5 (all on Saturday).

And on the factor of Tobi's villain...nous, he's definately a villain, and definately evil. I've said it once, and I'll say it as many times as I have to:

I'm NOT doing goofy Tobi >)

Lady Saea
09-13-2007, 08:41 PM
For now count me in. Hopefully I'll be wearing Sephy at that time. I'll know closer to the con, but I would love to come.

Danzikumaru
09-13-2007, 10:05 PM

Unfortunately, Saturday is too crowded with photoshoots as it is. Add to that the cosplay contest, and it's a no go.

Danzikumaru
09-14-2007, 04:26 PM

First post updated with time and a few new members

Kikala
09-14-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm in... though... I'm not sure who I'll bring though... >.> If I have a cosplay finished that I'm trying to keep "secret" he's a villian... kind of.
If not, I'll just bring Akito, and just switch the patch to the other eye and be Agito. :3 ... if he still counts as a villian... XD

Danzikumaru
09-14-2007, 10:58 PM
I'm in... though... I'm not sure who I'll bring though... >.> If I have a cosplay finished that I'm trying to keep "secret" he's a villian... kind of.
If not, I'll just bring Akito, and just switch the patch to the other eye and be Agito. :3 ... if he still counts as a villian... XD

Agito counts, given he acts as an antagonist.

vg_goddess02
09-20-2007, 09:39 PM
Hey I'm not sure if I'll be Cynthia now... not looking good. I'm not scrapping her just yet, but it's leaning more towards a no. Though she really wouldn't be that hard to do. I don't know...I got a little thinking time!

For certainly I'll be I-no from Guilty Gear XX, could I come as her, if not? Well, I always viewed her as a villain XD

Danzikumaru
09-20-2007, 10:51 PM
Hey I'm not sure if I'll be Cynthia now... not looking good. I'm not scrapping her just yet, but it's leaning more towards a no. Though she really wouldn't be that hard to do. I don't know...I got a little thinking time!

For certainly I'll be I-no from Guilty Gear XX, could I come as her, if not? Well, I always viewed her as a villain XD

I-no is DEFINITELY a villain!

Any more location suggestions, folks?

vg_goddess02
09-20-2007, 10:57 PM
Woohoo! Then I think I'll just come as her then :3

I wasn't sure as I hadn't played the game in literally forever, but I thought she was a villain and, like I said, I considered her one anyhow.

sylphkeeper
09-20-2007, 11:46 PM
Perhaps we would enlist more people if we posted a link to this thread or a notice on the oni-con page forums. I'd be glad to start a thread there, if that's okay.

Kuragiman
09-21-2007, 07:17 AM
I have scheduled myself to show up as an evil photographer taking evil pictures. Maybe I'll go all out and dress like Emo Peter Paker from Spiderman III. :D Look forward to snapping shots of all the *EVIL* I don't know if the world is ready for it. :rockon:

Danzikumaru
09-21-2007, 09:58 AM
Perhaps we would enlist more people if we posted a link to this thread or a notice on the oni-con page forums. I'd be glad to start a thread there, if that's okay.

Already did, friend. Those forums are almost comatose, though.

Saejima
09-21-2007, 10:32 AM
I think we already got alot of people

sylphkeeper
09-21-2007, 11:16 AM
*smacks self in the head* you're right, I just saw it. my bad. and yeah, those forums need a jump start or somethin...

rabidfanboy
09-22-2007, 12:00 PM
Hmm...I might have to show up for this one.

Danzikumaru
09-22-2007, 03:33 PM
I think we already got alot of people

The more the merrier, but I REALLY NEED LOCATION SUGGESTIONS

Morigor
09-23-2007, 04:40 PM
Meh, what if your character was only a bad guy for half the anime? ;)

Danzikumaru
09-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Meh, what if your character was only a bad guy for half the anime? ;)

Still a bad guy in my book.

Danzikumaru
09-27-2007, 09:13 PM

The con is less than a month away and we still have no location suggestions...

Cat-Chans
09-27-2007, 09:17 PM
2nd floor of the convention center is where I had the Bleach gathering last year

another suggestion (since we don't know if layout will be the same)
is to meet in the hotel lobby and move to the location

Danzikumaru
09-27-2007, 09:38 PM
2nd floor of the convention center is where I had the Bleach gathering last year

another suggestion (since we don't know if layout will be the same)
is to meet in the hotel lobby and move to the location

Sounds good to me. 2nd Floor it is

Hee-Hee
09-28-2007, 12:20 PM
Weeeell, Andy is kind of a villian. At least an antagonist. XD I might hit this up!! =3 Sounds fun~

vg_goddess02
09-28-2007, 12:32 PM
It's a good thing I mentioned I-no, because it looks like miss Cynthia will not make an appearance at Oni. I am thinking of being her for the Scout gathering at the Zoo though.

Alright, so Friday at 5 on the 2nd floor *jots down*. I'm excited!

Madara-sama
09-28-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm afraid I won't be making it to the photoshoot (or any others).

PockyFairy
09-30-2007, 07:47 PM
Well I'm already bringing Human Form Ursula (Vanessa) from Little Mermaid...xD
Yay Disney villain!

vg_goddess02
09-30-2007, 07:53 PM
Well I'm already bringing Human Form Ursula (Vanessa) from Little Mermaid...xD
Yay Disney villain!XD I was reading the Little Mermaid book to a kid today(I work at a nursery) and I was thinking to cosplay her one day after so. I can't wait to see yours!

Cat-Chans
10-01-2007, 01:02 PM
I guess I should officialy post:

I'll be attending as Team Rocket member James

Arakhne
10-01-2007, 02:27 PM
I will, for certain, be there as Flashback!Knives from Trigun. Does Baby!Knives count as a villian? o.O

Danzikumaru
10-02-2007, 01:40 AM
I will, for certain, be there at Flashback!Knives from Trigun. Does Baby!Knives count as a villian? o.O

Both count in my book.

Morigor
10-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Hmmm would Kyuzo count? He was a bad guy for a good 5 episodes and even tho he went over to the protagonist's side, the only reason he did it is so he could make sure that only he was the one to kill him. Not a super villain, but what do you think?

Danzikumaru
10-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Hmmm would Kyuzo count? He was a bad guy for a good 5 episodes and even tho he went over to the protagonist's side, the only reason he did it is so he could make sure that only he was the one to kill him. Not a super villain, but what do you think?

You're call, buddy. I might make a seperate group shot for villains who switched sides, given the amount of people asking similar questions.

Danzikumaru
10-09-2007, 02:15 PM
Just a reminder guys. Friday, 5pm, 2nd floor of the convention center.

Arei
10-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Team Galactic Commander Saturn might make an appearance~ :3

SchizoIori
10-11-2007, 03:28 PM
Sadly, not bringing Herba. I don't want to have to deal with the wig and the body paint since I'll be changing into wallmarket Tifa for the masquerade ball. Green bodypaint likes my skin too much.

Saejima
10-11-2007, 03:29 PM
Are there gonna be any Noah's there XD

Madara-sama
10-14-2007, 09:45 PM
You can go ahead and add me to the villain shoot. I'm going on Friday now, so I'll be able to make it >D

Danzikumaru
10-17-2007, 01:25 AM

reminder post is reminding.

Danzikumaru
10-18-2007, 07:50 PM

Final Reminder is Final

vg_goddess02
10-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Not everyone listed showed, I think? Booo. But I think I placed all the faces that did show.

It was fun. My feet ache like a bitch, though! I shouldn't whine now as I'm returning as I-no tomorrow for the VG 'shoot hah. I know, I owe my feet big-time.

Malicious
10-19-2007, 11:01 PM
^i saw your i-no outside the grb around 6ish today. it was a great costume ^_^

Danzikumaru
10-21-2007, 11:40 PM
I LOVED hosting this gathering and will certainly be making it into an annual thing. Any suggestions as to how to make it better (like...LOCATION suggestions...a shame we couldn't use the balcony) are more than welcome!

Madara-sama
10-22-2007, 08:25 PM
I'm disappointed that I was the only Akatsuki member to show up :(

But I liked it. It was fun...EVIL fun.

Danzikumaru
10-30-2007, 04:55 AM
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=94565&member=28756

Seeing as Kuragiman isn't here to toot his own horn, I toots it for him!

Kuragiman
10-30-2007, 07:16 AM
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=94565&member=28756

Seeing as Kuragiman isn't here to toot his own horn, I toots it for him!

I's plays the Drums, not Brass. ^_^ Remind me to bring an ultra-wide lens next time. And a ladder so I can get center position to shoot instead of being shuffled off to the side... :mad:

^_^ Good fun none the less.