PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas for characters I could cosplay as?

Shing57
09-02-2002, 09:50 PM
I'm brain storming for character ideas and wondered if any one could give me any good ideas or opinions. I'll provide a pic below.

These are the animes that I've seen and know the most about: Ranma 1/2, NG Evangelion, Gundam Wing, Fushigi Yuugi, Ah! My Goddess, DB/DBZ, SE Lain, Blue Sub No. 6, Princess Monanoke, Sailor Moon, Tenchi Muyo

I'm willing to find and watch other anime if you think I'd do well to cosplay a character from an anime I haven't seen yet. ^_^ Thank you for your help.

SailorAndromeda
09-03-2002, 12:12 AM
Well...I know she's been done, but I think you could do Miaka from FY. Or maybe Belldandy? What I do when trying to decide on what costume to do is, I pick characters taht I really, REALLY like/love so that I still want to do them, even if the costume gets hard or takes a long time.
Sorry if I'm not much help, I don't really know what kind of characters you like ^^

~*liz*

Scoti
09-03-2002, 12:30 PM
with your hair type I think you would make a good Yoji from
Weiß Kreuz if you don't mind crossplaying :p
http://algebra.ma.ic.ac.uk/~khw100/gallery/atw/cover.jpg (guy sitting in chair)

Shing57
09-03-2002, 02:48 PM
He does look like a pretty cool character. I'll have to look up the show, watch a few episodes. =)

Mei Lan Chang
09-03-2002, 07:22 PM
Mmm, why not be Lain? You have hair kinda like her, ya? Or....San from Princess Mononoke? Akane from Ranma 1/2...zillions of options. Pick a character you just adore, and work with it.

Ayaka
09-04-2002, 04:30 PM
Gah we have the same hair, lol. ^^ I've done Youji and Lain, so I think you could do either too. ^^ Though I'm still looking for other characters I can do with my actual hair . . .

Shing57
09-04-2002, 06:30 PM
lol I know what you mean. It's alot nicer looking to cosplay with your actual hair rather than a wig. But it's hard when your hair isn't strait and easy to make animeish. o.O Thanks for your advise. ^_^ I'm definately going to do Lain for the Jacon weekend. Now for choosing for Fitcon and MetroCon, lol.

Tenshisama
09-04-2002, 07:50 PM
my first thought was Pyoko from Digi Charat...

Kaje
09-19-2002, 09:13 PM
How about Fuu from Magic Knight Rayearth? o.o

Mink
09-19-2002, 10:27 PM
I'm doing her goddess costume, it wasnt too hard. In fact I had a great deal of fun with it. At any rate, the key is to find a character that you would really have fun acting like. Becuase to me at least, a costume is so much better if you are almost pretending like you are that character. Like, I'd be all smarty if I was dressed up as faye, and then I'd be really happy and punky if I was dressed up as Mink! So theres my advice.

Hikaruchan
09-20-2002, 02:18 PM
Instead of Miaka, I would suggest Yui due to shorter hair

HuongStar
09-20-2002, 04:56 PM
I think Lain in her school uniform and maybe a bear hat (maybe from http://www.genkigang.com ^_~) or Chiaki Komatsu from Niea_7 (also from the creators of Lain) would be cute choices for you. Chiaki is really cute and a bit odd but I haven't seen very many people cosplay as her yet!

{The pictures don't really do her outfit much justice but I think it's cute and relatively simple}

Chiaki pictures
http://www.csusm.edu/anime/javbw/niea/gallery/artbook/p70.jpg
http://www.csusm.edu/anime/javbw/niea/gallery/artbook/niea7_Cover2.jpg (scroll over to your right)

Shing57
09-20-2002, 05:02 PM
Thank you very much! She looks really cool. I hadn't heard about this anime, but It looks interesting, I'll have to look it up. If it's made by the makers of Lain it has to be pretty good.

battlechaser
09-27-2002, 01:56 PM
how about quistis trepe of ff8 or a someone here said, fuu of mkr? i think they will really fit you.

gambatte!

VioletFairy
10-03-2002, 12:15 AM
For some reason, I look at your pic and Catherine from Gundam Wing pops into my head. Just me, maybe?

Vi

Shing57
10-03-2002, 06:17 AM
Yeah, I've had a few people at school who told me to cosplay Catherine from GW. I would... but I dont really like her character. Maybe I would do it to make fun of her. Walk around the convention with a bowl of soup, slapping Trowa cosplayers. 0.o lol