PDA

View Full Version : LAX Area

godhi
09-10-2007, 05:00 AM
For those unfamiliar with the area around the Los Angeles International Airport, here is some information:

:rockon: There is plenty of parking, both at the Hilton and other Airport Area hotels as well as in local parking structures.

:rockon: There are plenty of inexpensive restaurants in the Airport Area and as a veteran of many science fiction and gaming conventions, I am familiar with a number of them. Within a few blocks of the hotel are a McDonald's, a Subway, and a Taco Bell while right next to the Hilton is a Carl's Jr. restaurant. For those not interested in fast food, there are other dining venues located a mile or two down Century Blvd. and on Airport Blvd.

:rockon: The LAX Hilton is located only a short distance from the San Diego (#405) freeway. The Airport Area is located near the intersection of the #110, #405, and #91 freeways on the southwest border of Los Angeles, and depending on traffic is about fifteen fifteen minutes away from Downtown.

Hope to see you there!

iaShakezula
09-12-2007, 07:15 PM
the Hilton parking fee is expensive

Hazel Chaz
10-26-2007, 10:21 PM
:rockon: There are plenty of inexpensive restaurants in the Airport Area and as a veteran of many science fiction and gaming conventions, I am familiar with a number of them. Within a few blocks of the hotel are a McDonald's, a Subway, and a Taco Bell while right next to the Hilton is a Carl's Jr. restaurant. For those not interested in fast food, there are other dining venues located a mile or two down Century Blvd. and on Airport Blvd.

Airport? really?

I know that there's an In-N-Out Burger over on Sepulveda, west of the hotel. (Take Airport Blvd. north, left on Westchester Pkwy, left on Sepulveda.) And Del Taco's near there.

I'm partial to "Cozymel's", a restaurant south of the airport in Manhattan Beach. We have a number of tricky dietary restrictions, and they've always been extremely helpful.

The closest sit-down restaurant outside of the hotel, though, would be Denny's, at Century & Aviation. Open 24 hours and it's on the same side of the street as the Hilton -- just go east about a 1/4 mile or so, just past Carl's Jr.

pompommono
11-03-2007, 07:52 AM
pachanga mexican grill has one of the best mexican food around! It's cheap and fast and they open till midnight :D

It's not that far from LAX, but you do need to drive.

500 Pacific Coast Hwy
Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
(310) 376-8226