PDA

View Full Version : final fantasy aeons/GF's

XxShivaxX
05-17-2003, 10:21 PM
:D hiyee! I was just wondering, is anyone going to be an aeon, GF, or other summon from the final fantasy series? I myself am doing shiva from FFX and I want to hang out with my other summon friends at the con... ^_^ Shiva is gonna be hard, but I'm willing to do my best! I still need to figure out what kind of makeup to use that doesn't smudge, but it's not greasy, either. If anyone has any tips/suggestions, let me know. =)

XxShivaxX
05-17-2003, 10:23 PM
oops...and by the way...the con I'm talking about is otakon...sorry about that! hehe

Vashu
05-17-2003, 10:33 PM
i was going to do Ifrit from FF8.. i WAS going to.. it has turned out a lot more $$complicated$$ than i thought it would be and i gave up u.u

dizzylizzy
05-17-2003, 10:47 PM
:::Raises hand::: carbunkle for the ff8 group @ otakon. : )

i don't know about the make up thing though. ^^ sorry

XxShivaxX
05-17-2003, 10:57 PM
yay! I'll look for you there! ^_^

Jeff Duck
05-18-2003, 01:27 PM
Next year here in Brazil, I wil coordenate a group of cosplayers, and all o' them will make GF's costumes !
We'll have an Ifrit ( myself * you lost that Vash, hehehe, but I'll helpp ya if you want to make Diablos ), A Bahamut, an Alexander, a Shiva , a Siren and a Tonberry !

SephirothXer0
05-19-2003, 09:02 PM
I'm planning on FFX Bahamut

XxShivaxX
05-20-2003, 09:35 PM
wow! really? a bahamut? how are you going to make the wings?

SephirothXer0
05-28-2003, 05:28 PM
hehehe... ^_^;;... that's also my question...

Hounddog310
05-29-2003, 12:02 AM
Bahamut? Now that I would like to see..

djmihoshi
06-08-2003, 06:55 AM
If any of you are goin' to A-kon 15, I'll be Ifrit from FFX ^_^....I wish I could go to Otakon but it's so far away! ::sniff::

Kain Highwind
06-16-2003, 07:39 PM
Someone should go as Bismark from VI, now that would be an accomplishment!

Ayana
06-17-2003, 01:20 AM
FFX Bahamut...that I need to see picture of when it's done ^___^

My sister asked me to be Shiva for ACen next year since originally she wanted to be FFX Yuna...I said no because I'm not comfortable showing that much skin ^^ If I can get some sort of stretchy light-blue leotard/body suit then I may consider it, though...but ONLY if I manage to lose 20 pounds first.

*Shiva*
06-17-2003, 10:00 AM
Most Shiva cosplayers that I've seen usually do wear a full bodysuit that has been painted blue rather than opting to show their real skin, and I think it looks better that way, since it gives a better illusion of even tones and changing colors that is too hard to do with bodypaint. If I ever get brave enough to cosplay her, I'll def. go for the suit. :)

Carmila
06-17-2003, 02:01 PM
I would check out the work Katie Bair has done (the wig queen~!) She did Shive for Otakon and it rocked!

http://www.katiebair.com/summoningshiva.html

That may give you some help

erikadoor
06-19-2003, 08:18 PM
Erika here.

Of course, if you ever do an earlier version of Shiva, almost of the Amano art has her white-skinned, which I honestly think suits people better than violet or pale blue. A Tactics Shiva would be nice, and there seems to be a big surge in FFVI cosplay lately as well.

I've also never seen a Siren or Starlet from FFVI, and Starlet looks easy yet impressive. Amano created some wonderful designs back then, and I'll bet a surprising number of people will know exactly who you art too.

Erika Door
http://www.erikadoor.com

Miaka No Baka
06-20-2003, 12:01 AM
I made a cactuar costume ^_^; Although I won't be going to otakon and it's kinda in need of repair cause one of the support beams came apart X_X

Miaka no Baka

cyankirby
06-20-2003, 12:13 AM
I'm going as Bahamut from FFX also provided I can get him finished in time. Which I am planning on but you never know...

M00gle
06-20-2003, 12:44 AM
wow, FFX Bahamut is detailed... And Shiva has always been one of my favorites (next to Carbunkle :3!), you must post photos or something :D!

SephirothXer0
06-20-2003, 09:56 AM
I would love to see an accurate Sin cosplay (and not that guy with a sheet over his head XD)

sefie_tilmitt
06-20-2003, 04:45 PM
My cosplay partner and I are making Dogu and Ragu (the Praying Mantis and the Bee) from Final Fantasy X. We were planning on wearing them at AX, but time got away from us in huge amounts, so now they're scheduled for Nan Desu Kan.

M00gle
06-20-2003, 10:55 PM
wow! hope to see you there at NDK :3!

DarkMgcnGirl
06-22-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by erikadoor
Erika here.

Of course, if you ever do an earlier version of Shiva, almost of the Amano art has her white-skinned, which I honestly think suits people better than violet or pale blue. A Tactics Shiva would be nice, and there seems to be a big surge in FFVI cosplay lately as well.

I've also never seen a Siren or Starlet from FFVI, and Starlet looks easy yet impressive. Amano created some wonderful designs back then, and I'll bet a surprising number of people will know exactly who you art too.

Erika Door

The FF VI's ones are an interesting idea. *grins* I loved VI and when I saw this the thought of Starlet crossed my mind ... would certainly be interesting.

*Shiva*
06-23-2003, 07:37 PM
I saw a pic of a really awesome FF6 Shiva cosplay not long ago, but I can't remember where I saw it. *doh!*

XxShivaxX
06-30-2003, 07:05 PM
yes, i will definately post pics on this site when i go...i'm probobly gonna use 3 rolls just on saturday ^^! anyways, i can't wait to see some of you guys at otakon!

dizzylizzy
06-30-2003, 07:37 PM
:::jumps for joy::: my carbunkle is almost done! as soon as it is, i'll post pix. ^^

XxShivaxX
07-01-2003, 06:38 PM
yay! ::hug::

dizzylizzy
07-05-2003, 01:08 AM
it's done!!!!! here are the pix guys!

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=54864&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=54863&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=54862&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=54861&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=54860&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

hope ya guys like!!!!!! ^^

erikadoor
07-05-2003, 02:57 AM
Erika here.

Were you planning on doing the red jewel that Carbunkle always has on the forehead? If there's any addition I think you need, it would be that.

Erika Door

dizzylizzy
07-05-2003, 10:33 AM
:::Holds up the red jewel::::: no bunkie is complete without it. i just haven't bought the glue for it yet. ^^ woo-hoo!!!

Gren
07-05-2003, 10:59 AM
Sprit gum does a lovely job of attaching stuff to your skin, and won't take any with it when you pry the attachment off. and just some random info, Ben Nye makeup ius a theatrical quality makeup that goes on pretty splotch free, doesn't dry out, and come in a million billion colors.

XxShivaxX
07-06-2003, 03:28 PM
aww! your carbunkle is soooo cute! ::glomps:: i can't wait to see you there! ^_^

kazamaCEO
07-20-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by SephirothXer0
I'm planning on FFX Bahamut

Actually, I wanted to try that out too. ^^ I had him first on my list but then decided I didn't have the munny, so Ivy from Soul Calibur is coming first. ;p

I was either going to make his wings out of posterboard, thick latex, or plastic, depending upon whether or not I have a decent job. -.- What I was having trouble with for planning though, was how to make that giant wheel. O_O

Lemme know how your's goes if you do it, and I'll keep in touch with you if I ever start mine. ^^

Catpaw
07-31-2003, 01:43 PM
I'm planning to be Bahumut off of FF9... I have a slight design for the wings... (Open... close... open... close!)

Faily
07-31-2003, 05:48 PM
I think it would be really cool to get two friends with me and do the Magus Sisters from FFX (one of the secret aeons).
They're just really cool and have such amazing designs. :D

SephirothXer0
08-02-2003, 09:48 PM
hehe maybe a magnetic binding to keep the wheel hovering in place on my Bahamut cosplay...

exerda
08-18-2004, 12:10 PM
Hmm, my fiancee is considering Cindy Magus from FFX for her costume (which I of course get to make!)... any suggestions on building the fat body portion? I was considering making a wire frame and covering it (with the front overlapping pieces being buckram covered with the appropriately-colored fabric), but I've never made that particular sort of costume and am not sure if I'm headed the right way or not.

My sister and I may then join in as the other two sisters, which overall should be simpler to make other than Mindy's bee bum, although I would expect the same techniques for Cindy's body to apply for Mindy's bee behind. Now my sister and I have to fight over who has to wear heels (Sandy) and who has to wear a bee's bum. Hmmph.

Chizome
11-09-2005, 04:36 PM
I'm planning on doing a Bahamut (from FFX probably), but what would be a good way to make the armor-ish stuff? Would the tips on Amethyst Angel's site on armor making work for it, or no?

DarkKefka
11-09-2005, 05:00 PM
Me?? Aeon.....YOJIMBO!!!!!

GF.....Griever.

ursumthinpretty
11-09-2005, 05:59 PM
I already started my Mindy Magus for AX06, I'll be posting for help later when I need it (Which I definitely will). ^_^

DarkKefka
11-11-2005, 08:32 PM
There was a good Tonberry King at AWA 11. I've alaways hated those little knife wielding devils!!!

I would really like to do something new like Griever, unfortunitly I'm new to cosplay, so I'm not ready yet.