PDA

View Full Version : ACEN Aftermath...

Troppy
05-18-2003, 07:04 PM
well, I'd like to take the honor of starting an ACen aftermath thread... after three years of ACen, I have to say, it just keeps getting better and better. The massive amount of cosplayers of the highest quality was astonishing, and the atmosphere was just keeping me at an emotional high the ENTIRE time. I'd like to thank everyone who came to the Para Para events I was a part of, and who complimented my Gunner and Summoner Yuna costumes ^_^ It was LOVELY meeting so many of you, *waves to Al, Ziggy, and old friends like Victoria Erica* and I can't wait until the next con we can have together.

I'll be posting pictures soon...but until then, fill this thread with memories ^_^

Alisa
05-18-2003, 07:27 PM
I just got back, and it was really fun and exciting to meet Cosplay.com people at Acen. What I found, which is really funny, is I would meet people who knew who the heck I was from Cosplay.com, and I have a tendency to connect people with their avatars so it felt weird actually meeting the person. I almost got some kind of awkward sort of high from posing for cosplay pictures. I feel kinda bad that I blinked in about 60% of them. I also bring up the topic, if you took pictures of me, could you please send me a copy? Thank you!!!! I am also really regretting that I didn't sign up to be in the masquerade.

Yeah, Acen 03' rocked my socks!!!

ashestoashes
05-18-2003, 07:37 PM
WOW, this con was just off the wall in your face fun from friday mourning till sunday afternoon.this was my first cosplaying experience and after going and seeing everyone out and about in soem of the best costumes I've ever seen it definently made it all worthwhile!

AngelSamui
05-18-2003, 08:37 PM
I had a GREAT time. It was a wonderful treat after my exam week. It's really amazing how big Acen has gotten. I remember it the first time I went 5 years ago. (Wow, that was a while ago. ^_^; ) The masquerade set up this year was so much better. I remember having to wait outside in a cold, wet tent about 3 years ago. But the staff was really great. I'm just sorry some cosplayers couldn't get a spot in the masquerade.
There were so many amazing cosplayers. It was an honor and a pleasure to meet and speak with quite a few people from cosplay.com. Another "hello" goes out to anyone I met or spoke to.
Anyway, I need to get cracking on loading my photos and starting a con report.

Shaft
05-18-2003, 09:03 PM
Oi, my feet hurt. Wearing dress shoes for three days was like ouch. I dont see how girl wore high heels. However, Acen kicked ass as usual. For anyone that saw me, I was a guy in the black mask and trench coat. My character was from the jet li movie black mask. Or the show green hornet. I had a lot of fun meeting a lot of cosplay.com people. You all rocked harder than aerosmith. I was one of the top 10 for anime idol. I got some free dvds. That was pretty interesting. BUT, id have to say one of the most interesting aspects of acen was how pretty all the cosplay.com girls were. YOWZA! I enjoyed all of the odd crazyness going on. Like "what would you do for pocky". I saw two dude hump each other for some. I also saw someone lick someone elses arm. However, what was really great was the fact that arizona state was there for an event and a high school was having their prom there. I saw people giving a lot of the cosplayers looks of horror. They were like "what the hell have I stepped into?" It was hilarious. Anyways, I cant wait for the next anime con. Stay cool, guys and have a good one. Im gonna get some muched lacking sleep.

Irvy
05-18-2003, 09:13 PM
It was a lot of fun but man..they need to move it to the convention center! It's getting way too big to be kept inside of the hotel anymore. The lobby was packed and the elevators were a nightmare. Plus a bunch of the shoots got canceled =/

But hey, the dealers room was great and there were a lot of awesome costumes out there. Plus the Masqeraude was a lot of fun to watch ^_^

SoulCrash
05-18-2003, 09:51 PM
I can't believe that's was you with Yoko Ishida (*sp), YOU WERE DOPE AS HELL! AND, I CAN'T YOU PULL IT OFF IN ONE REHEARSAL with Yoko! As soon I get my copy from staff, REMIND ME to give you one!.. But I beting it will take 6 months to get it back!....

One last thing, as a staffer/con-goer, I'm still disappointing on the con.. I'll explain later in my thread.

Saeru
05-18-2003, 10:09 PM
Acen was Very nice this year, I agree. ^_^

The size the con is becoming, though, seems to take away some of the personal effect of Acen, but, at the same time, its wonderful to have such a popular con so close to home! (well...close as in 4 and a half hour drive...but...well....thats not so bad, ne?)

I really agree that the cosplayers were completely incredible!!
To those of you I got to meet there, thankyou so much for taking the time to say hello, and I'm sorry that I'm so terrible with names. x-x

I'll be loading as many con pictures into my gallery as I can tonight.

Saeru

pyro anarchy
05-18-2003, 10:39 PM
Acen = fun fun fun ^^
It's been a pleasure meeting some
of you people from cosplay.com.
For those who saw me at the con, I was Dita from Chobits.
I had a wonderful time but I must say it was hard to keep in touch with some people because it was crowded.
Overall it was fun.

TurtleJill
05-18-2003, 11:51 PM
It was fun. I had lots of fun holding my sign on Sat night.

"Wanted: 1 Girl, with pink or red hair for live action hentai cosplay"
I just got the best reactions with that.

Natsume
05-19-2003, 12:24 AM
'Twas very fun. ^_^

But Troppy, hey, I looked for you! hehe... I was wandering around with a "Looking for FLAVA members!!" sign on my back all Saturday... I figured I'd bump into you, but I never did. =[

Anyhow... Was a great con. I'm hoping next year to leave my little brother behind though, they were really annoying. x.x I must beat them. With illegal pocky. Mmm pocky.

TurtleJill, I was sad because I had blue hair. I wanted to ask if you'd let me do it anyhow, but with my blue hair I felt too unloved to even go talk to you. *sobs*

Note: Was 5th mix Emi. Was dying from all that fleece. My hat turned blue from my hair.

YoumaIru
05-19-2003, 01:21 AM
In response to the funniness of people's expressions... I must say, I heard there was a wedding reception in the hotel... I will just DIE if there is some odd CON in the same hotel as my wedding reception. I don't think cons should involve so many innocent bystanders...
And to further my cause (Yes, I will be the first mostly negative response here most likely) I think that Acen was horrifyingly obscene at times. The con rules call for attitudes and attire suited for the less mature audiences. The crossplay worship... sexual jokes and skits... and the ever-present scantily clad cosplayers.... It actually bothered me to have my friend's 9yr old sister there. Come on people, you don't have to have a gold-plated moral code to know what is and isn't appropriate in front of younger audiences. And it wasn't just the attendees either. In the dealer room, the hentai-based materials booth was near the center of the room (if memory serves, but i only went into the dealers room once) right out in the open. And there was plenty of the stuff to be found in booths where underaged kids would run across them (which they did.)
I suppose I sound overprotective or arrogant or something... but I think it has to be addressed before next year.

On a happier note, however, the attendance was triple last years, I hear. ^_^ And the guests and concerts were great. And the panels were awesome... and.... well... the con was still a great big success... even if I did find it a bit creepy at times.

P.S. Eeeeeeeewwww... >.< Our CHII count was 50 different cosplayers. (although my money was on much fewer than that) Anybody else get a count?

Peppermintstix
05-19-2003, 01:58 AM
I was actually very disappointed. I didn't get a spot in the masquerade and it really made me angry to see that some people didn't even show up at all. I think if you take up that spot you ought to show up or don't register at all. I spent a lot of time on my costume (my sister and I went as tv and movie Anthy Himemiya) and I was really sad that I didn't get to show it off in the masquerade.

Wasn't the trip to the dealers a journey!? that was insane and it was extremely hot or cold in some places. Gee whiz, and I didn't find much of anything to buy I think they had better merchandise the second year. Either that or I've gotten extremely picky with my purchases. I only buy artbooks and art prints now.

ZiggyB
05-19-2003, 03:38 AM
Hi everyone! I just got back a few hours ago. :)

This was my first ACen and I have to say it as a *lot* of fun. :D

The highlight for me was going to all the fantastic Sakura Taisen (Wars) panels and of course meeting all the people!

I'm pretty shocked that all these random people recognized me from either cosplay.com or from other photos online. It was very cool though! :)

It was nice seeing you Troppy! :) Congrats on dancing Para Para with Yoko Ishida! :D

Irvy: Hey there, glad to have met yah. We'll do more FF at the next con. :)

pyro: It was great meeting you! I'm glad you were up and about on Sunday and got to say goodbye properly. :>

And of course it was nice meeting everyone! I'm horrible with names, so please forgive me. :( I hope to see you all soon at a future convention. :)

kylash327
05-19-2003, 05:35 AM
Got back last night and I just want to go back! ;_; I had so much fun and met so many cool people, really the time of my life. This was my first Anime Con, so I really had no idea what to expect, but compared to a few scifi cons ive been to this was well over the fun level of those, much more friendly and energetic. Though the hotel staff was lacking for manners, I was on such a high the entire weekend it was hard to get pushed down. Didnt eat or sleep, just concentrated on fun ^_^ Cant freaking wait until next year!

TheLoneWolf
05-19-2003, 06:04 AM
This con was nice.Very nice indeed.Panels were great,people were great! It was nice meeting you guys from the site!
On the flipside,though,I'd have to say that the hotel staff was somewhat lacking in manners,getting to the dealer's room was a bloody quest,and the fact that someone lit something somewhere they shouldn't have,throwing the entire hotel upside down was kind of........annoying.

Rosiel
05-19-2003, 07:38 AM
Aftermath? I'm siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

Which had to happen since I was such a flighty irresponsible little thing all weekend.

Ramirez + outside = not so smart.
Being cold + too lazy to get a coat Saturday night = criminal.

[Edit: On the upside I did get to meet the awesome Camus and Miklotov from last year, and finally know that I did indeed win the bet. Last year's Camus cosplayer /was/ female!]

[Edit2: I also met the smallest, cutest fangirl ever. I never would have thought a little girl -how old was she, 6?- would run up to me saying "Yuber, can I get a hug!" I mean, Yuber, huggable? *laughs*]

die-sama
05-19-2003, 09:06 AM
(lol) awww i wish i had a 6 yr old fan XD *HuG* get well rosiel we can't have a hacking/sneezing rosiel ^^;;; when boogers fly i'm gonan get out of the way (jk)
seems like everyone had fun at Acen though
wish i couldve gone :p

Rosiel
05-19-2003, 09:20 AM
> awww i wish i had a 6 yr old fan XD

She was so cute in her Yuzuriha costume too! And she kept on asking questions. My mismatched eyes freaked out adults and she wanted a hug. Kids. ^__^

Oh, well, at least Yuber scored with /someone/. ;)

> when boogers fly i'm gonan get out of the way (jk)

Say that again and I am shattering your heart-stone at Akon. __

> wish i couldve gone

Wish you could have been there... you'd have seen me grinning like an idiot all Saturday. I mean, I finally could smile in costume and not be OOC! (Result: Ramirez on crack!) On top of that, I realized my costume /twirled/... so I went around imitating Fina's battle-winning animation.

Alisa
05-19-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Rosiel

Which had to happen since I was such a flighty irresponsible little thing all weekend.

[Edit: On the upside I did get to meet the awesome Camus and Miklotov from last year, and finally know that I did indeed win the bet. Last year's Camus cosplayer /was/ female!]

[Edit2: I also met the smallest, cutest fangirl ever. I never would have thought a little girl -how old was she, 6?- would run up to me saying "Yuber, can I get a hug!" I mean, Yuber, huggable? *laughs*]

Ohhh I was hugged by her too. I am putting a picture of her in my con report when I get it done. She was sooooo kawaii!!! I didn't get to see everyone that I wanted to see..(ex. Rosiel) So many people this year.

Scrapps
05-19-2003, 10:33 AM

I got sick Thursday driving down to the con. I'm pretty sure you were in an elevator with me complaining that you had to use tape because you lost your spirit gum. I made you sick muwahaha.

Scrapps desu

Rosiel
05-19-2003, 10:49 AM
> I'm pretty sure you were in an elevator with me complaining that you had to use tape because you lost your spirit gum.

I did complain to a number of people about tape... so that could be me... all in white with a big sword, right?

> I made you sick muwahaha.

YOU! I know the culprit now! I will hunt you down (once I gather enough energy to get up from my couch) and bludgeon you with King Crimson! ;)

Saeru
05-19-2003, 11:14 AM
I am greatly amused. ^_^

Oh, I got about 50 pictures up last night. I'm trying to put a comment on all of them, but when its 2 in the morning after a con, your brain is a little bit mushy.

Waking up this morning was so depressing.
But, thats what I have anime Expo to look foreward to in July. I'm gonna TRY to get a Balmung costume (Hack sign) done before then.

But, at any rate, check out my pics. I know I got a lot of you on there, though I can't always remember names. x-x

I'll be putting more up as the day goes on.

die-sama
05-19-2003, 11:17 AM
Say that again and I am shattering your heart-stone at Akon. __
<< **

*RUNNNSSSSS* Lol

TurtleJill
05-19-2003, 11:22 AM
To Natsume: You could have asked anyway. ^^ Lol, a bunch of guys where like, "I wish I (the guys that is) was female." Lol.

Lol, that little girl came up to me too asking for a hug, she was like, "I need a hug" And then she hugged me, it was so cute! ^-^

Rosiel
05-19-2003, 11:43 AM
> I'm gonna TRY to get a Balmung costume (Hack sign) done before then.

Oooh! I can't wait to see it! I started on mine but there is no way I will be done by AX (sadness ensues since it was the perfect time to wear it) and no way I can find a way to ship it cross-country either. Too much metal involved. ><

I'll have to wear it at a local con.
When I finally finish it, that is. ><

Menchi
05-19-2003, 11:52 AM
i am sad i missed alot of ya guys...i didnt really see much of anyone at all. i ran into rosiel, ummm soulcrash, umm an a few others but i was mutsumui or rabi en rose almsot the whole con an it was all sucha a blur ;-; does any one remember me at all?

SoulCrash
05-19-2003, 12:02 PM
Me too, I was working in Main Prog. for the WHOLE CON. So I pretty miss almost everything....

Mizuho
05-19-2003, 12:27 PM
I saw you walking down the hall, Menchi :p I wanted to stop and hug you but I had to run and meet someone!

I got my friend to dress up as Zack from FF7 to match my Aeris, and since I didn't bring my camera to the convention, I am hoping I can find at least one picture of us.... :thumbsup:

grendizer
05-19-2003, 12:59 PM
My first con. My first costume. What a blast. I followed many of the ACEN threads during the weeks leading up to the con with the intent of meeting the people I recognized. But the Con was Soooo crowded that I couldn't reach the people I recognized. EX : I saw Rosiel in her Yuber costume and ZiggyB in his DOA costume. I tried to make my way towards them but the crowd crush prevented me from approaching.

I couldn't call out their names very well as I was wearing a gas mask at the time.....

HURM..

kylash327
05-19-2003, 01:12 PM
Oh man your costume was so cool! Did you make it from an old Boba Fett armor suit? ^_~ I noticed the chestplates.

grendizer
05-19-2003, 01:22 PM
Yes. I figured that though the costume would not be the exact configurationas the anime movie, I could at least give the appropriate impression of a panzer cop.

I hope in time to get some more people interested in cosplaying jin-roh so that a small brigade could attend the con. It's one of those cases where you don't mind seeing duplicate costumes...

Peppermintstix
05-19-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Saeru
I am greatly amused. ^_^

Oh, I got about 50 pictures up last night. I'm trying to put a comment on all of them, but when its 2 in the morning after a con, your brain is a little bit mushy.

Waking up this morning was so depressing.
But, thats what I have anime Expo to look foreward to in July. I'm gonna TRY to get a Balmung costume (Hack sign) done before then.

But, at any rate, check out my pics. I know I got a lot of you on there, though I can't always remember names. x-x

I'll be putting more up as the day goes on.

Where are the pics at?

SoulCrash
05-19-2003, 02:08 PM
I just finish uploading my pics, come check it out... NOW!........

Scrapps
05-19-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Menchi
i am sad i missed alot of ya guys...i didnt really see much of anyone at all. i ran into rosiel, ummm soulcrash, umm an a few others but i was mutsumui or rabi en rose almsot the whole con an it was all sucha a blur ;-; does any one remember me at all?

I saw you Thursday night at pre-reg! I didn't realize it was you though...I had purple/pink (it really isn't pink but everyone thinks it is.....*grumble*) hair! Hmm....I talked to Ziggy and Eurobeat king and two others...ahh my brain!

TheLoneWolf
05-19-2003, 02:53 PM
>Yes. I figured that though the costume would not be the exact configurationas the anime movie, I could at least give the appropriate impression of a panzer cop.

Dude...that was you? sw33t!!

In case someone here saw me,I was the guy running around in leather with silver (or a silver fascimile ^^) hair.

grendizer
05-19-2003, 03:03 PM
Thanks LoneWolf.

I might have seen you. Send me a con pic and I'll see if I remember spotting you. At the very least, I'll have another target to meet should our paths cross at another con.

Saeru, just checked out your album pics. Most excellent. I can live (or re-live) vicariously through other people's pics as my camera's batteries had an average life of about 30 shots.

Double HURM....

Troppy
05-19-2003, 04:00 PM
oh my gosh, you guys! I am sick too..*sniffles* Hehe, I think it was that whole "in order to get to the dealers room, you must walk through puddles, overly cold, and overly hot hamster tunnels." it was like some sort of epic journey... o_0

that, and all I ate was junk...there was some fruit in there somewhere I think, but definitely not enough to conserve my physical health XD

everyone who saw me at the Yoko concert...thanks for the compliments! Hehe, I learned Fly Me To The Moon literally as I walked on stage, so I messed up a few times...but overall I did well. Cruel Angel's Thesis was GREAT! I actually knew the other songs too but missed the thursday night meeting due to time constraint and got to be introduced as a "special friend" after the medley, lol. Yay for shiny skirts, fishnets, and cat ears...

speaking of Para Para, if anyone took pics at the PP Beginners panel of my Richie costume, please send them my way! I really don't have any... ;_; Yuna DOMINATED that con. XD

chiichan
05-19-2003, 04:13 PM
hey everyone i was the android 18 with the piccolo if anyone has a picture or knows where to find one could you please let me know...please i cant find any.....

Yui
05-19-2003, 04:21 PM
Mizuho - I got a picture of you and your Zack, and I think it's one of the few photos that I have to turn out decently. In a few days I'll have the pics posted up. ^_^

Menchi - I remember you...you were like the first person to come hang out with me while gaurding the massive pile of supplies in the lobby for hours. Thanks for hanging out with me.

Rosiel - that little girl rocked! I was in the restroom putting my Darcia head back on, and she walks in and begs, "Please don't kill me!" And then I explained that I wasn't evil in a bad way and that I wouldn't harm her. I told her if anyone else scared her, I'd protect her, too. So then she bowed and shock my hand and ran off and hid in a stall. But we saw her later and she asked me for a hug then too, and she promised that she would know what Wolf's Rain was next time. She was just awesome to talk to tho.

Shaft
05-19-2003, 04:33 PM
Anyone remember me? I remember most of all that I saw. Rosiel, I saw you there looking as beautiful as ever. Although, I noticed you had pink eye...

ZiggyB
05-19-2003, 04:35 PM
Yui! <glomp>

It was great seeing you again. :D Your Darcia was wonderful!

I hope LIlli and company are making it home ok.

chiichan
05-19-2003, 04:36 PM
and everyone you did a great job on your costumes... especially Saeru i think your name is???

Ayaka
05-19-2003, 04:36 PM
Menchi - I saw you walking around, I don't think I really said hi though, seems you know a friend of mine from my anime club? She was cosplaying Mike. Anyway, nice Rabi en Rose :)

Troppy - I told ya on . . . dunno if it was Sat or Sun that you did a great job at the Ishida concert, but telling you again. Lovely Yuna too!

Grendizer - Loved the Jin-Roh costume~! Managed to get one pic, too, kept seeing you across the room and couldn't get over there. That happened to me with a lot of costumes I wanted pics of.

Yui - Your Darcia rocked my world. You looked exactly like in the anime! Felt so ghetto in my costume, lol. Too bad about the not being able to breathe thing . . . ^^;;; But I don't think I ever told you how awesome you looked.

Rosiel - Nice seeing you again! Sorry to hear you got sick. Apparently you talked to my friend, he was cosplaying McDohl, said you guys had a nice chat about RPGs? I've been telling him since Katsu how great your Yuber was so he was really looking forward to seeing it in person. ^^;

And hi to everybody else I met, still a bit blitzed from the con but I had a great time! My only disappointment was that we had to cancel the cosplay.com shoot, wanted to get pics with everyone . . .

chiichan
05-19-2003, 04:39 PM
this was my first convention and my first time cosplaying me and piccolo had the best time... i hope i see you all at sugoi or ikasucon

Rosiel
05-19-2003, 05:11 PM
> oh my gosh, you guys! I am sick too...

Let's commiserate... I'm still on the couch and incapable of concentrating long enough to play Skies of Arcadia. Sad, sad, fate indeed. ><

> Rosiel, I saw you there looking as beautiful as ever. Although, I noticed you had pink eye...

*laughs* My contacts were KILLING ME. I still don't know how I managed to put on the Ramirez contacts on Saturday... my eyes felt like they were sandpapered after the day spent as Yuber.

> Apparently you talked to my friend, he was cosplaying McDohl, said you guys had a nice chat about RPGs? I've been telling him since Katsu how great your Yuber was so he was really looking forward to seeing it in person. ^^;

Yes I did! I was happy to find other Suikoden fans to chat with. He's really nice. (cues in: "It's a small world after all")

Mizuho
05-19-2003, 05:23 PM
Yui~ Holy crap, I'm so glad I found someone who snagged a picture of Zack and me. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

There better be a picture of you somewhere that I can print out and show my real life Xeno-friends who will totally flip out (I didn't have my camera and your Krelian was to die for! ;_; )

TheLoneWolf
05-19-2003, 05:43 PM
ChiiChan - I can't believe I totally missed you.....damn. -.-

Ayaka,Yui,ParnsAngel - Wolf's Rain.You guys.Awesome.

Nerve-chan,and all the other KoF'ers - Hanging out with all you was great!

Al,Anya,Admin,Ashley,Linus,Shaft,SoulCrash,BitterB eing,Saeru the GGXX Jhonny,Kaze Kuroki,Linus,Ziggy and so,sooooo many others - Can't say I chatted really long with you guys,which was bad,but,the few moments I did were sw33t,and hey,making up is what other cons are for,right? ^^

Maryssa
05-19-2003, 06:55 PM
i wasnt there, and i really wanna see pics of the PPA costumes ^^;

Mizuho
05-19-2003, 07:04 PM
Your Peorth costume was amazing. ^__^ I was thoroughly impressed!

As for your pictures, don't feel bad, Anya! I didn't even BRING my Camera. *smacks forehead* :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yui
05-19-2003, 07:37 PM
Ziggy - yea! <reglomp>

Ayaka - Yeah...breathing...who needs it? Still, I would never wish that costume upon even an enemy. So...hot... But it was very worth making it because he really was appreciated by both people who knew WR and even those that didn't. I was surprised I could actually kinda talk, too.

Mizuho - I was just glad to test run Kreli out before Ota. He turned out fairly okay, but I have some structural and comfort issues to work on. It'll probably look a lot nicer when I haven't been carting around luggage across the hotel and cleaning the rooms for hours. You know, just standing still will be good. As the day went on, I kinda stripped off half the outfit for mobility's sake and it was weird cuz it almost looked better. ^_-

carly579
05-19-2003, 07:53 PM
I saw Ziggy! I made an effort to pull him aside and say hi, 'cause I actually recognised him. It was kinda ironic becuase I didn't recognise many costumes and no one recognised me! Friday I was the only female To Heart costumer. People kept coming up to me and saying deja vu and didn't understand until i went back to my room and hiding behind the door was a guy wearing my costume! Then Saturday I was Ayeka "s" queen. That was a short purple Kinmono with vinyl leg and arm covers. I tried to dye my hair purple and it was kinda greyish black :( I was kinda mad at whoever set off the fire alarm. when "evacuating" I nearly died 'cause I got this anti fire power on me and nearly choked. Oh and I was sick too. still sick now.... but I had a great time everyone!

Saeru
05-19-2003, 08:01 PM
Thankyou, very much, to those that liked my costumes.

The pictures I put up from Acen are in my gallery.

A friend of mine has all of his up now at www.darkbasement.net/Acen. Be sure to check out the Kuronekosama bobblehead action in his movie section.

It was so WONDERFUL to get to meet everyone there! I'm so sorry that I'm bad with names, but I guarantee you that I never forget a face, so I know I'll see anyone that comes next year.

In case you think you missed me, I was Lumiere on Friday(Kiddy Grade), Ky Kiske(Dark Version) on Saturday, and The Clover chic in the masquerade. (though I don't think anyone recognised me in that one. x-x)

Oh, and Rosiel...I cant wait to see yours done, as well. I wish you'd have it done for AX, cause then we could pose together. ;_; I really should start it, but I'm having problems coming up with adequate pictures of Balmung. Grr. I might have to buy an artbook.

Saeru

Saeru
05-19-2003, 08:03 PM
Grr.
Lets try this again without the period.

www.darkbasement.net/Acen

Saeru
05-19-2003, 08:04 PM
Oh, and congrats on your pictures, Yui. Those people almost killed each other over your Sephiroth at the auction.

Menchi
05-19-2003, 08:35 PM
i jus wish i remembered who some of ay are, i remember runing into rosiel, yui, agrias (or somethin close to the pls plardon my bad memory now)...but that con was stressful for me, alot of reasons (not gonna get into it). to say the least this acen was really rough on me an i was almost fainting more than once so pls dont get offended if i miss names of ppl an such.

the rabi dress was actually mde for me as i really had no time to do it. if ya wanna pm the lady who made it she is on the board if ya wanna talk to her about commisioning stuff (jus ask i can get her name for ya). but i am feeli really light headed an such now...an prolly shoud rest soon ^^;;

SoulCrash
05-19-2003, 08:38 PM
How could everybody not miss me, I was a chain smoking SWEARING guy at the con.. I keep on saying $hit like crazy... Anyway, I was hiding in the main prog. room for the whole con...

Nadeshiko
05-19-2003, 08:46 PM
The Good
- Seeing friends again!
- Maya Okamoto! *^^*
- Meeting a friend of the director for Read or Die and saying he likes my Yomiko costume and that he wants a picture of it
- Meeting new folks for the first time
- Cosplaying as Soletta Orihime and Karen-chan (two debuts!)
- Going on a fruit salad diet...mmm....real food!
- My friend Kate going off to BAAF for Anime Idol
- Sakaki-chan's kamineko! Bite me!
- Glomping Maya Okamoto and being glomped back
- The Para Para madness!
- Discovering I took over 300 friends / cosplay pics
- Converting more people to Azumanga Daioh
- Friday night's dance 'til the DBZ composer sampled his stuff
- "The System is Down"
- Getting all the dvds I wanted. ^^
- Figuring out a shortcut to the dealer's room

The Bad
- Nearly loosing my driver's license (needed for ID more than driving, actually since I don't have my car up in Amish Paradise U)
- My Erica Fontaine clearfile being stolen in the Dealer's Room while someone was taking a pic of me
- Missing out on my friend's skit
- The sound techies at the masq
- The credit card bill...
- Grumpy Old Men
- Fire alarm prank
- This migraine from jet lag and lack of sufficient sleep

SoulCrash
05-19-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Nadeshiko
The Good
- Figuring out a shortcut to the dealer's room

What's the shortcut? I didn't know there's a shortcut?

TheLoneWolf
05-19-2003, 08:52 PM
Likewise.....explain this "shortcut".....

P.S: I really didn't manage to get one,so does anyone have a pic of me in my K'9999 costume?

Yui
05-19-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Saeru
Oh, and congrats on your pictures, Yui. Those people almost killed each other over your Sephiroth at the auction.

Erg, wow...I know. You were the one who pointed me out when I was sneaking in, weren't you? ^_- I mean, the auction was flooring me. I seriously was expecting like...nowhere close. I made more at the con than I spent at it. O_o
...so anyway, Lilli and Jason are making me get an artist alley table from now on and intend to tie me down there for the weekend. As long as I still can cosplay, I guess I can't argue about it...

Yui
05-19-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Nadeshiko

The Bad
- Grumpy Old Men
[/B]
XP
Oh no, you brought *this* up...

Now, it's one thing to be a completely insensitive, non-creative square who fears artists and non-conventional cultish freaks such as ourselves. But it's a whole other tier of insensitive stupidity that maliciously seeks out to emotionally attack people who are innocently having fun in legal and respectable (and absolutely quiet) ways. My bubbling righteousness almost sent me into a rage against that @$$. I know how it is when I'm attacked personally due to my non-normalness, so I don't tolerate when worthless beings set out to destroy my friends in an area that should be officially sanctioned for our kind.
There was no loud music, no DDR stomping, no alcohol and drunks. I mean, earlier, the door to the suite was wide open and we couldn't hear the fire alarms going off, so there is no way there could have been a noise complaint when the door was shut and he was half-way down the hall.

Now, I don't completely blame the hotel staff, as they did only do what they had rights to do when breaking up the party before it had even begun (and I shall again reiterate their significant level of politeness when compared to the hotel of Katsucon of 2002.) However, ACen, on a whole, has to work on securing the entire hotel (or at least an entire tower) for our purposes next year to avoid ugly incidents such as this - as based on the con's attendance, it would be helpful and absolutely reasonable to do so. It only takes one old idoit to ruin everyone's weekend.

ZiggyB
05-19-2003, 10:40 PM
I've been sniffling with a runny nose, but I'm pretty sure it's just allergies. I can only hope. :)

Ayaka: Make sure you thank your mom again for helping to keep us from dying of hunger. :D

Anya: Hey there! I'm really glad that I was able to talk to you in person. :D Your AMG group was great! :) I forgot to ask, who was your Keiichi?

Carly: Hey there, thanks for coming up to talk to me! :) I'm sorry I wasn't able to talk to you a little more, but man, Saturday was so hectic! :/

Yui: Yah, it was really too bad about Saturday night. I was looking forward to just ordering in and hanging out and avoiding the really scary drunken people downstairs. :-/

edit: Yes, I can spell... really :)

kylash327
05-19-2003, 10:50 PM
Sorry for being oblivious, but what was it that set off that alarm Saturday night?

Alisa
05-19-2003, 11:04 PM
I was confused to who was who at the convention. I didn't get to talk to many people, but I did get to meet ZiggyB. Hi ZiggyB! I wish my dad didn't hoard my camera, so I could actually take pictures of people.

SoulCrash
05-19-2003, 11:20 PM
I have to ask, since I have a fuzzy memory. PLEASE say that's a chick who I'm grinding with...

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=40882&papass=&sort=2&thecat=3898

Alisa
05-19-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by SoulCrash
I have to ask, since I have a fuzzy memory. PLEASE say that's a chick who I'm grinding with...

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=40882&papass=&sort=2&thecat=3898

*lol* It is hard to tell, but it is too late to ask now...tee hee. If it makes you feel better I can say it is a girl. I don't know, I didn't see any girls wear a wig like that one. ^-^

SoulCrash
05-19-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Alisa
I don't know, I didn't see any girls wear a wig like that one. ^-^

So, you're saying that's a dude!? OH GOD! You thought I had it worst, ask Joe what happen with Sailor Bubba with the pocky incident.......

Rosiel
05-19-2003, 11:29 PM
> Sorry for being oblivious, but what was it that set off that alarm Saturday night?

You want oblivious? Someone had to tell me there was an alarm. I didn't notice the flashing lights. ^__^ I forgot what I was doing at the time but I was probably distracted (it does not take much).

Acen is such a blur... I needed a lot more sleep than I got.

> I have to ask, since I have a fuzzy memory.

You sound like me. ^__^

*sigh* I slept all afternoon and now I am up. At least the con plague seems to be relinquishing its hold on me!

SoulCrash
05-19-2003, 11:31 PM
At least the con plague seems to be relinquishing its hold on me!

I thought I was the only one who got sick at the con. I guess it's the SARS thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I must the food I ate at the con...

note: I don't live in ChinaTown in Chicago. Where their could be sars in the area.

Nadeshiko
05-19-2003, 11:34 PM
Soul Crash - the shortcut I refer to is taking the streets to the con center. Hey, it's still quite a walk but it's faster!

Yui - ditto that

ZiggyB
05-19-2003, 11:45 PM
Anya: hahah :) I might do the racing suit Keiichi one of these days since it would be easy.... well sorta. ;)

So be gentle if I do. :P ;-)

Alisa: Hi! :) I'm glad I was able to talk to you too. Though I only realized after I got home that you were on cosplay.com as well. Jez, we really do need to wear a badge or something don't we? :)

Ugh, pictures, so many pictures... between me and my friend, we took just under 400 pictures. I'll be sorting through them in the next couple of days.

Though, Admin took over 3000. 8-O

Peppermintstix
05-19-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by SoulCrash
I thought I was the only one who got sick at the con. I guess it's the SARS thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I must the food I ate at the con...

My older sister got sick too. She couldn't cosplay with us even though i had spent all that time and money on her costume.

Ayaka
05-20-2003, 12:22 AM
Rosiel - Heheh yeah he and several of the people in my anime club are Suikoden nuts. They're planning to make some of the costumes themselves sometime, and I'm sure they'll make me play it at some point . . . ^^

Saeru - *spaz* Actually I most definitely recognized your Clover costume. Didn't know that was you! XD Lovely! I'll have to grab you when you do Balmung as well, when I've finished Shuugo . . . >< I could *nearly* have finished for ACen . . .

Anya - lol. Ok I admit it, I didn't really connect username to person properly. You looked really fab in all your costumes. ^^ Couldn't believe that Peorth was suede, after the battle I fought just to make a suede cuff I can kinda feel your pain.

Yui - If I'd been armed I might well have socked that guy Sat night, so it's a good thing I didn't have a cross rod. (Or upper body strength to speak of.) We felt terrible for you guys. But congrats on selling pics! That reminds me that I forgot to email you re: Sephy print after Katsu . . . :3 *will do so soon*

I also want to say thanks to the ACen security staff. Give them some love, because they took it dead serious when I complained about another congoer and got on it right away. If you guys ever have trouble at a con with someone, don't hesitate to go to con security, because they DO listen.

Menchi
05-20-2003, 12:58 AM
*sigh* few got pics of me...i am amazed i dodged the camera radar that well w/o trying. so far am up to 4 pics total. an they are only a small part of how many pics were taken *shrugs* but atleast ppl remembered me...kinda

BlitzballMstr
05-20-2003, 01:10 AM
It was a great con, I even saw most of ya...though at the time I was either a 4 floors up...or riding the elevator of hell..which means I didnt get that many pics...though I did get around 80 total which is much better from my sad 24 last year.....there was way...too many things to do my legs are still hurting from all of the running i did. I'm somewhat sad that my Seta costume didnt do as well or last as long but with blood running in my eyes from all the running made for a bad stingy feeling lol. It was cool cause alot of people in the reg line recognized me friday while i was waiting to reg my friends little brother...(long story :mad: )
I had to change out Friday night cause I kept getting stopped by con staff/ hotel staff asking if i was really bleeding or not. lol which could be chalked up to a success.
Hopefully I can get some more shots if anyone is going to animereactor in October. I've already started to work on my costumes for Reactor, and planned out costumes for next year...lol only 359 days till the next acen!!!:bouncer:

Kemayo
05-20-2003, 03:38 AM
I certainly had a good time, even if I'm not a cosplay.com regular. (Me and my wife were the Yaoi Vash and Wolfwood in the Masquerade.) I do believe that the only actual con event we attended was the masq... we didn't watch any anime (nothing new) and didn't attend any panels (were having too much fun wandering the halls and hanging out in people's rooms), but we had a blast. It was very cool to win an award at my first con. ^_^

Anyway, it was amusing to note how many more picture requests we got after we made a sign proclaiming our willingness to do yaoi poses...

Alisa
05-20-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Kemayo
I certainly had a good time, even if I'm not a cosplay.com regular. (Me and my wife were the Yaoi Vash and Wolfwood in the Masquerade.) I do believe that the only actual con event we attended was the masq... we didn't watch any anime (nothing new) and didn't attend any panels (were having too much fun wandering the halls and hanging out in people's rooms), but we had a blast. It was very cool to win an award at my first con. ^_^

Anyway, it was amusing to note how many more picture requests we got after we made a sign proclaiming our willingness to do yaoi poses...

Your poses and such were great. My friend couldn't stop talking about the pictures that they took of the two of you.

Scrapps
05-20-2003, 11:45 AM
Searu your costume rocked! Hmmm....I think you gave some stuff to the guys my group was playing "I never" with in the masqurade line...

Uh oh....blackmail!

I missed a lot of the cosplay this year. I think it was because everything was so spread out with the dealer's room being in the convention center. Before you would see everyone when you went to the dealers room, but there was a smaller main programing room. Hmm..maybe I just need to learn to sit in the lobby and wait...I'm always on the go!

Scrapps desu

Yui
05-20-2003, 03:15 PM
Okay, I'm done purging the hateful thoughts. I just needed some emotional drainage there, and there wasn't a handy village to torch right at that moment.
Heh, we so should have covered that guy's door with hearts and random happy thoughts. ;P

TheLoneWolf
05-20-2003, 03:41 PM
Killing 'im with kindness,eh Yui?

JyuuSan
05-20-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by chiichan
this was my first convention and my first time cosplaying me and piccolo had the best time... i hope i see you all at sugoi or ikasucon

I'm not too sure about SugoiCon, but I'm sure I'll see ya at Ikasucon!! :)

Originally posted by Menchi

I remember you dude!! I talked to you during the con as well as this year's Ohayocon and last year's SugoiCon! :D

Originally posted by Yui
XP
Oh no, you brought *this* up...

Now, it's one thing to be a completely insensitive, non-creative square who fears artists and non-conventional cultish freaks such as ourselves. But it's a whole other tier of insensitive stupidity that maliciously seeks out to emotionally attack people who are innocently having fun in legal and respectable (and absolutely quiet) ways. My bubbling righteousness almost sent me into a rage against that @$$. I know how it is when I'm attacked personally due to my non-normalness, so I don't tolerate when worthless beings set out to destroy my friends in an area that should be officially sanctioned for our kind.
There was no loud music, no DDR stomping, no alcohol and drunks. I mean, earlier, the door to the suite was wide open and we couldn't hear the fire alarms going off, so there is no way there could have been a noise complaint when the door was shut and he was half-way down the hall.

Did this happen on Saturday? :confused:

> Sorry for being oblivious, but what was it that set off that alarm Saturday night?

You want oblivious? Someone had to tell me there was an alarm. I didn't notice the flashing lights. ^__^ I forgot what I was doing at the time but I was probably distracted (it does not take much).

It's funny you say that, Rosiel. My friend C. Michael told me about it later that night and said it happened around midnight. I was inside the dance at the time, so with the strobe lights and loud trance music going on, I didn't notice anything wrong!! (lucky there wasn't an actual fire! :) )

Saeru
05-20-2003, 05:59 PM
Thankyou Scrapps, thankyou, Ayaka.

I just started the Balmung outfit today. Geese. A lot of little thin cardboard folders going down the drain to make sure the leg armor fits me just right. x-x When its done I'll post it.

And I just knew 'em well. ^_^ No blackmail. It wouldn't have worked anyhow. ;_;

Saeru

Yui
05-20-2003, 07:20 PM
Yeah, the run-in with the loserly old guy happened about 30-40 minutes after the fire alarm....we think he was annoyed by the fire alarm for starters, which was louder near the rooms than the creepy low-pitched whale song of a drone as it was down in the lobby (but honestly, not by much.) And actually, near the dance, there was absolutely no alarm at all, just the flashing lights. Supposedly, there's a louder real alarm that is activated should a fire be really confirmed.

Anyway...we should all try to get ACen to take over the hotel entirely for next year to avoid that kind of stuff. I mean, I don't wanna purposefully assail the mundanes with our fun-ness, but to spare their wrath upon us, I think it'd be safer if they just weren't around at all. I refuse to give up on ACen, cuz it's still my fav con, but we shouldn't be afraid of being kicked out if we're walking through the halls at 1 am. Our kind of cons are all about not sleeping the whole weekend, and the hotel should know that.l

Nerve-chan
05-20-2003, 07:29 PM
I was smiling for 2 days straight. . .wait. . .I still am smiling. . .

Lilli
05-20-2003, 10:28 PM
Two words to take care of that guy, Yui.

Phantom Panties

It's all the world ever really needs :3

And for the moment, God has himself a brother. We need to make a Lost and Found list for the suite, Yuikins ^^;;

Yui
05-20-2003, 10:41 PM
Lost & Found? But I prefer a pantheon of abandoned personal hygene products...
But one would think some of that stuff would be leaving pretty obvious empty gaps in the hearts of their owners. One would think...
Yeah, we could've made a gift basket of phantom panties, red towels and left-over salami and delivered it to the Heartless down the hall. It'd be a basket of con love.

Hey, anyway...glad you're all back and safe, Lilli. ^_^ Hehe, bet you're sewing already, huh? Or is it just me...? (Dang, I'm so bad I already dived in on Cyberland and Ai no Uta when I -should- be readjusting Prism.)

PockyDarcy
05-21-2003, 11:57 AM
hmmm.....let me think about this, nevermind......it was still the worst convention I have been to since Katsucon 8. Everything reaked of evil there. I'm glad I didn't pay registration everyday because it would have been a total waste of my money and time.
I'm happy to say that other cons ACTUALLY HAVE staff that is curtious because if not, than I wouldn't go to conventions. I.E If anime central was the only convention in the US, I wouldn't go.
I swear they train their staff to be the rudest as possible. So, I say take yourself to a con on the east coast.....they know how to run a convention! ^_____^

Menchi
05-21-2003, 01:45 PM
alisa: i was rabi en rose, or mutsumi most fo the con when i wasnt tucked away in some deep dark corner of the con, sunday was ohayocon 3's mascot

blitz: maybe if ya had told em it was fake bloood? i dont know i had a run in with con sec an they really didnt make me feel good at all for an one of a kind costume...yes scandal *lurch groan*

does *anyone* have any pics of me...at all? so far kevin lillard is the only one an he got me scandelous costume an that was it. am amazed i dodged the camera radar soooo well, yes i was staffing but i did get out sometime *shrugs*

RyanW
05-21-2003, 02:22 PM
Right now, Barbara (limebarb) is absent from the boards because she's sleeping like two days in a row.

Probably has something to do with the fact that she had to do 21 full costumes for ACEN, and pulled about two months of little or no sleep.

God bless her.

Nerve-chan
05-21-2003, 03:17 PM
WOW!
Tell her thanks for my costume please.
Thank you too Ryan

by, the way my friend (shiek) thinks you're so awesome.

chiichan
05-21-2003, 03:29 PM
The lone wolf:sorry i was there... umm... what were you?
and i only have seen one picture of me and piccolo if anyone knows where to find anymore could you let me know???
to everyone i did meet off of here great job...

Noritzu
05-21-2003, 06:13 PM
Id have to say ACEN was great. this was the first time ive ever been and other than a few minor problems with my group i had a great time. i saw a lot of great cosplayers that made my jaw drop (i think my fave was the gravitation group. i cant wait for their pictures to come up cause im in one of em ^_^ Yay!) also the events such as the Para Para panels were a lot of fun. despite some of my friends walking out of them im glad i stayed and had fun. heh they dont realize what they missed ^_^