PDA

View Full Version : American Manga

Velvy
05-18-2003, 10:23 PM
Thank you IC Entertainment! ^_^ *has copy of Megatokyo #1 sitting in front of her*

Any fans of online/American mangas, and other such things? I still haven't read that many (still just kind of recently into it). But some of the ones that I have read:

RPG World
8 Bit Theater
Penny Arcade

--In fact, I want to have this parody picture (done by the Penny Arcade artists) blown up: http://www.geocities.com/pgarfield32/Strawberry.jpg
In addition to that, I'm planning on cosplaying that outfit. XD (just need my Plum Pudding ^.~)

Megatokyo
Zodiak

And I hadn't heard of IC Entertainment until now, but I like what they're doing for American Manga artists. I'm planning on subscribing to AmeriManga (like Animerica--only featuring American Manga). I hope RPG World comes out with a volume like Megatokyo, and for that matter--lots of others.

So list out some of the ones you like, or if you have one--I'd be interested in seeing it. ^_^

nekochan
05-19-2003, 02:45 AM
lol i like sluggy freelance, something positive, and Mac Hall. those are all online. they're great xD i have more but i don't know if they count.

makonurikoryoko
05-19-2003, 12:18 PM
Has anyone read the rsiin g stars of manga book? Do you knwo how it is?

Velvy
05-19-2003, 06:15 PM
I've been trying to find that book. ^_^; There's a really cool manga in there called Devil's Candy (and it got grand prize too!). *shakes fist* You're lacking Walden Books! ><

makonurikoryoko
05-19-2003, 10:27 PM
lol go to borders they hve tons of manga and theyre really good about getting i the new stuff.

nekochan
05-19-2003, 11:54 PM
lol that's where i tried to find it... Borders... but then again, they're a branch of Walden Books, so if they don't have them, Borders won't. i heard that the manga is good, though. i want to enter next time! xD

missanime5000
06-02-2003, 10:32 PM
Has anyone ever heard of this manga? I loved this series back in the day! Untill the places that I went to shut down:(

Now years later I see more series!! I wish there were a cheaper way to enjoy manga once in a while. Buut whos complainin! :schitzo: