PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one's who's ever seen this series??? (Tokyo Underground)

katrinastrife
09-03-2002, 05:37 AM
Okies, spinky peops. I'm in Japan. I'm flipping through channels, and I run across a series called Tokyo Underground.

The art is pretty good--it's a little more refined and proportional than most of the usual shojo shows. The story is really good, and it's also a manga by Enix.

Has anyone else ever heard of this series? What did you guys think? I really wish I could get it on DVD here, but I'd like to see it subbed and all...

^^* OK, thankies! :japan:

--Kat :chatah:

Nietsche
09-03-2002, 06:07 AM
Yup seen a few episodes of it!

Oshi
09-03-2002, 12:43 PM
Bah. You want a series that nobody watches? FINAL FANTASY: UNLIMITED.
I mean, I cosplay as Kaze from it, and only two girls knew immediately who I was. And, glompage followed soon after ;D
But everyone else I had to tell who I was, and they're all like "ohh, yeah, I heard of that. never saw it though."
My poor, neglected FF:U... Such a good series... -_-;

Mei Lan Chang
09-03-2002, 06:48 PM
I am a prime example of someone who has seen niether of the two. But then again, I am a reclused college student with next to no time to do anything >_< *small violin of pity plays*

katrinastrife
09-04-2002, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Oshi
Bah. You want a series that nobody watches? FINAL FANTASY: UNLIMITED.
I mean, I cosplay as Kaze from it, and only two girls knew immediately who I was. And, glompage followed soon after ;D
But everyone else I had to tell who I was, and they're all like "ohh, yeah, I heard of that. never saw it though."
My poor, neglected FF:U... Such a good series... -_-;

OMG!!!

I LOVE that series!!! My friends and I are planning a cosplay group for it down in Florida... Can you send me pics of your costume? Did you make the demon gun? I'm worried about that one ^^* I'm helping my boyfriend out with it and all....

But yeah! FFU ROCKS!

--me
:japan:

kitty_neko
09-04-2002, 06:26 AM
i saw commercials 4 tokyo underground while i was in japan 4 vacation, but i never got 2 c the actual show. =(

Oshi
09-04-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by katrinastrife
OMG!!!
I LOVE that series!!! My friends and I are planning a cosplay group for it down in Florida... Can you send me pics of your costume? Did you make the demon gun? I'm worried about that one ^^* I'm helping my boyfriend out with it and all....
But yeah! FFU ROCKS!
--me
:japan:
*GLOMP!* You rule~! ^_^
I have a bunch of pics of myself at the bottom of my pics page, http://68.83.68.8/My%20Pictures/AXNY/
Yeah, I made the demongun, but not the full blown one, just the cylindrical thing. How I made it: I took a sheet of soft foam (seat cushion style), rolled it into a tube, duct taped it together, covered it with gold paperboard, then I was gonna have a gold-painted foam ball at the end, but it was too small, so I used my smaller ball, then made triangles of paperboard go from the center of the ball and taped to teh edge of the end of the gun. Then, I used a sharpie to draw the things on... yeah

The full gun... will come in time for Otakon, I hope. Maybe even Katsucon! That's gonna be hard though >.>;