PDA

View Full Version : Characters With Glasses, Assistance Needed

hanyoualchemist
09-19-2007, 12:55 PM
My friend wears glasses and she needs help finding a character to cosplay as. It's actually pretty hard to find a good char. out there. Any suggestions? (Oh, and CLAMP characters are perfered, but you aren't limited to that...)

Jerseymilk
09-19-2007, 02:54 PM
Nanao Ise from Bleach. She's a very cool character and her costume isn't too challenging.

kikyo82
09-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Satsuki from X.

tsumikuroi
09-19-2007, 03:13 PM
Fuu, Magic Knight Rayearth
Naoko, Cardcaptor Sakura
Tokiko, X

If she doesn't mind crossplaying:
Seishirou, Tokyo Babylon
Kakei, Legal Drug
Kazuhiko, Clover

Though I recommend you use the search option. There have been threads on characters with glasses before.

Another tip; it's possible to cosplay characters who don't have glasses. Just take off the glasses for photos, but I understand it's a bit of a pain.

vampirate
09-19-2007, 03:16 PM
CLAMP characters with glasses I can think of: Fuu from Magic Knight Rayearth. Kaede from Angelic Layer. Eriol from Cardcaptor Sakura and Watanuki from xxxHolic if crossplay is okay.

MissSCeleste
09-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Lucca from Chrono Trigger
Luccia from Chrono Cross

The "Please Teacher" lady who's name escapes me at the moment.

Jules Argent from Carmen Sandiego franchise ;)

NiGHTmaren
09-19-2007, 04:04 PM
Mine from Fruits Basket, Arale from Dr Slump, some of the characters from the Witches Five (Sailor Moon S), and...those are the only ones that come to mind right away.

FaeandMerfolk
09-19-2007, 04:13 PM
I would solve that problem by going and having my doctor fit me for contacts that I could use only when cosplaying or performing.

I wear glasses, but I don't wear them when I am in character. The only contacts I've purchased were for Jo's red eyes and I went ahead and had my perscription put in them so I could see while playing that one at least. lol But eventually I am going to have to get a pair of normal contacts so I can see when I'm in other characters.

Fae

Missiechan
09-19-2007, 06:29 PM
Yomi from Azumanga Daioh, Dr Shirakawa from Elfen Lied, Ami Mizuno from Sailormoon, Ilpallazzo's Shy Childhood Friend with the Big Boobs and Glasses who doesn't really exist (also known as ISCFBBG)....

Or she could go as any character she likes and say she's the 'intellectual version' lol.

_YukiShu_
09-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Yukito - Card Captor Sakura
Sasame - Pretear
Kabuto - Naruto

Queen Anime 99
09-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Umeda Hokuto from Hana-Kimi
Jou/Joe Kido from Digimon
Kazuma Narusawa from Detective Academy Q
Conan Edogawa from Conan the Detective or Meitantei Konan
Ami from Sailor Moon
Kimihiro Watanuki from XXXHolic
Sir Integra Wingates from Hellsing

Of course, your friend doesn't have to do a character with glasses. I just cosplay with glasses on, or you can take them off for pictures.

Blackjack Gabbi
09-20-2007, 01:36 AM
Anthy from Utena
Yolei/Miyako from Digimon Adventure 02 (who, oddly, had a fantasy where she was Anthy)
Rika from Digimon Tamers wears glasses occasionally

Doctor Blind
09-20-2007, 01:40 AM
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=124452