PDA

View Full Version : the Beatles Legacy

Selphie_fairy
05-19-2003, 06:33 AM
I just wanted to know how many people still like or love the beatles? O.o I still absolutely love them XD go paul mcartney and john lennon!!

daria_jack
05-19-2003, 07:46 AM
I'm not really a fan of them, but they are soooooooooooo good, definetly one of the best bands ever. I've only heard poular songs, but I think I might like the Sgt. Pepper... album. That song, Elinor Rigby is sooooo beautiful, that's an amazing song

Michi
05-19-2003, 07:55 AM
They ARE the best band ever. :p

I grew up listening to The Beatles, and I still love listening to them. I also loved their silly movies. Help! is the best. XD

pakachu420
05-19-2003, 01:04 PM
LOL
YES!!!!
the Beatles rock!!
WOOOOO!!!!

great music!
great movies!("Help!" lol)

and some of the wierdest lyrics i've ever heard@_@
but yeah, i love em.

CattieBrie
05-19-2003, 01:25 PM
I love the Beatles! I'm 17, BTW. A lot of people think that it's odd that a teen likes and willingly listens to and sings along with oldies. The Beatles has been one of my favorite bands for as long as I can remember. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da!

Jess-Jess
05-19-2003, 03:40 PM
Awwwwww yeahhh..... lol ^.^ I love the beatles. Easily one of my favorite bands. I think my favorite though is the rolling stones. There may be a lot of people that think you can't like both of em, but eh! They're both great! lol. I barely listen to any music from "this era". I just thinkit all sounds the same except for a select few. And I hate that rap/rock B.S. lol. Ah, well....I'm getting off subject ^.^ teehee- Talk to youse soon!

Jessie >^..^<

Selphie_fairy
05-19-2003, 06:09 PM
lol i played ob-la-di, ob-la-da for my band concert recently XD my favorite song is elenor rigby!! XD all the lonely people lalala

Hikaruchan
05-19-2003, 06:23 PM
My older brother & sister played their music soooo much when I was growing up I got really burned out on them. About a decade after that, I could finely start listening to them again.

Selphie_fairy
05-19-2003, 08:07 PM
lol too much can get irritating ne? but even then you have to get back to them XD you just gotta love them ^^

Michi
05-19-2003, 08:09 PM
CattieBrie ~ Haha, I'm 17 too, and my friends always groan when I change the radio station in the car to the oldies.. XD But I do have a couple of friends my age that like The Beatles and oldies too~ :bigtu:

Selphie_fairy
05-19-2003, 08:16 PM
michi- woohoo! go your friends! XD

Babbit_Chan
05-19-2003, 09:01 PM
I grew up on the Beatles! When I was little, I didn't care for anything other than my Beatles tapes u_u *nod* Who else watched the movies?! XD Those were AWESOME. George, John, I'll always love you guys ;_; They brought so much meaning to music in my life. Good music.

Michi
05-19-2003, 09:19 PM
Yellow Submarine, Help! and A Hard Day's Night are some of the best movies ever. :p Especially the two live action ones, since it's actually the Beatles.. they have the best humor.

pakachu420
05-20-2003, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by CattieBrie
I love the Beatles! I'm 17, BTW. A lot of people think that it's odd that a teen likes and willingly listens to and sings along with oldies. The Beatles has been one of my favorite bands for as long as I can remember. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da!

its really funny driving through lawndale(ghetto town) in a car white girl a black girl, a hispanic girl and a asian guy singing along to "lucy in the sky with diamonds" or "elinore rigby"
(all of us between 17 and 21)

but then again i guess its no worse than roll'n through downtown long beach bump'n the Mokona song in a car full of cosplayers(AX is FUN!!)

Michi
05-20-2003, 03:42 AM
o_O; Which Mokona song?

I think the Beatles one wins. :p

Jinx
05-21-2003, 01:44 AM
I love the Beatles, too, and I'm 19.

My dad was a huge Beatle fan, and he ALWAYS made it a poin to play to us while he were in the womb. I loved it on Sundays, when the family was all together, Beatles would be blasting on the stereo, and everything would be going on.

I'm so surprised how many songs I can sing along to. I was in my rock music and culture class, and he played a lot of obscure Beatles stuff, and people are like, what the hell is this crap? And here I am sitting in my happy little chair, singing along. ^-^;;

Selphie_fairy
05-22-2003, 12:06 PM
i saw a ballet the other day and it was dedicated to george harrison ^-^ they danced to his song (contemporary ballet) so awesome! XD it made me feel so happy ^^

flora-bot
05-25-2003, 01:28 PM
The Beatles are (is?) universal, everyone likes them because they are great and those who don't are TARDS. it's nice to listen to Long Long Long when one is depressed, the song matches perfectly.

pakachu420
05-26-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Michi
o_O; Which Mokona song?

I think the Beatles one wins. :p

i didnt know there was more than one version
(still anime nOOb ^^; )

its the one where it sounds like he's taking... bong hits.
(@_@ stoner mokona?)

The Beatles are (is?) universal, everyone likes them because they are great and those who don't are TARDS. it's nice to listen to Long Long Long when one is depressed, the song matches perfectly.

call'n people who dont like the beatles tards is kinda extreme doncha think?

archangeli
06-04-2003, 03:43 AM
The Beatles are great. I had the pleasure of seeing the yellow submarine in real life (it's outside a marine museum in Monaco).

I took a music and society course and it's remarkable to note what an impact they had on the 20th century.

Selphie_fairy
06-04-2003, 02:07 PM
they always kept up witht he style of a new decade you know? thats what made them so great i think ^^

JustinCredible
06-05-2003, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by pakachu420
call'n people who dont like the beatles tards is kinda extreme doncha think?

Very!

Anyways I'm not a fan of The Beatles. They were excellent musicians, songwriters... but never my cup of tea.

I love the song 'Yesterday', although the version BoyzIImen sing of it...