PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done Guy Cecil, Tales of the Abyss?

flamin_axel
09-19-2007, 07:55 PM
I need some help with Guy's gloves and boots. Not quite sure on what or where to get the cloth for it. I will greatly appreciate the help ^^

moonfall
09-19-2007, 09:01 PM
Try leather work gloves. You should be able to find them at a hardware store. Then, just add a gold border. If you can find appropriate gloves at a costume shop (maybe with a pirate costume), that would work too, but the work gloves might be cheaper.

(Tear cosplayer here, btw. I've seen a couple Lukes and a Jade, but no Guy yet.)

flamin_axel
09-20-2007, 06:40 PM
Try leather work gloves. You should be able to find them at a hardware store. Then, just add a gold border. If you can find appropriate gloves at a costume shop (maybe with a pirate costume), that would work too, but the work gloves might be cheaper.

(Tear cosplayer here, btw. I've seen a couple Lukes and a Jade, but no Guy yet.)

*bows* thank you for the tip ^^ I would love to see you in your Tear cosplay. Maybe we should pair up sometime lol

DawnYuuki
09-25-2007, 07:28 PM
I have no advice for you,sorry, but I just wanted to say that I love hearing of more Tales cosplayers. Good luck with your costume! Guy = awesome. ^_^

If you're anywhere near Texas I'd like to see ya sometime! I'll be going as Luke to upcoming cons.

flamin_axel
09-25-2007, 11:31 PM
I have no advice for you,sorry, but I just wanted to say that I love hearing of more Tales cosplayers. Good luck with your costume! Guy = awesome. ^_^

If you're anywhere near Texas I'd like to see ya sometime! I'll be going as Luke to upcoming cons.

lol thanks anyways ^^ hey i'm actually near Texas. Goin to Oni Con at the George R. Brown Convention center

kalajessta
09-26-2007, 10:35 PM
My best advice since I've cosplayed Guy, make bootcovers. I've studied the character before attempting to cosplay him and the bootcovers are a pain to make them stay up (unless you use interfacing and a heavier fabric, which I should of), but it's better then worrying about actual boots.

flamin_axel
09-27-2007, 06:27 PM
My best advice since I've cosplayed Guy, make bootcovers. I've studied the character before attempting to cosplay him and the bootcovers are a pain to make them stay up (unless you use interfacing and a heavier fabric, which I should of), but it's better then worrying about actual boots.

Hmm..sounds like a good idea! Thanks kalajessta ^^
I'd love to see ur version of Guy.