PDA

View Full Version : Rave?

amazingfly
09-20-2007, 09:38 AM
One of my favorite things at cons is the raves, THEY NEVER SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THEM ON THEIR WEBSITE! Soo How is the lighting and music? Good strobe sequences? fog? anyone have any vidoes? music... house? Drum and base? good mix of stuff?

Many thanks

rockthedojo
09-20-2007, 02:42 PM
Ya fine fine... Its not the best rave ever because no one knows how to dance >.< Buuut this last year was fairly impressive the DJ's were mostly hardcore and drum and bass....

They started with a trance kind of euro dance dj that was doing really bad ass but then the con director stopped his track and made him play anime related music o.O i thought that was f***D up cause he was doing awesome and then they made him play anime themes and his beat bombed >.<

Basically Seattle houses the most badass nightlife in the entire surounding area so be reassured that there are no shortage of good DJs for them to get...

amazingfly
09-20-2007, 04:15 PM
noticed you plan on going to sakuracon and anime boston I gatta pick one, wich is better and why please!

rockthedojo
09-29-2007, 01:50 PM
Never been to Boston before >.< So i couldn't tell you... after i go i can let you know though ;o)

ZinTheHeartless
10-05-2007, 11:35 AM
*Cough* Sakura Con = love

UviB
10-08-2007, 10:32 PM
The reason why you will never hear anything about the "rave" on the website is because there are no "raves" ... just dances. Sakura Con does not have raves.

"Rave" has a negative connotation, while "dance" does not, so on the official site and message board you aren't suppose to call the dances a rave.