PDA

View Full Version : I lost so much weight I had to get a new belt

JoeBoeing
05-19-2003, 03:44 PM
Greetings all,

I'm sooooooooo happy! I used to have a 64-66 inch belt but after losing 18 pounds in the last 2 and a half months and 3 new holes I had to put into my old belt I now have a new 54-56 inch belt.

My diet consists of about 2 meals a day, no deepfried foods, no regular soda and no fast food. Infact, this is my 3rd day with no soda what-so-ever.

I also joined a gym that is right next to my work for 25 a month no contract. purely a month by month basis.

I can fit into a XXXL but it's a little tight but I hope to be down to a XXL shirt by AX.

I hope to get down to a XL by Ani-Magic in October.

FRom,
Joe

Zephyrs
05-19-2003, 03:55 PM
congrats! *hugs*

Hotaru's Sister
05-19-2003, 03:58 PM
=.= Lucky lucky you. I've only managed to lose 2 pounds since January ^^() You really are doing a good job. I am finally exercising regularly though so i may catch up in terms of pounds lost. I'm on the last notch of my belt and I refuse to get another one. I'm an XXL, but I want to reach L by Otakon.

JoeBoeing
05-19-2003, 04:19 PM
Thanks you two... I'm trying to give up soda because giving up soda will make me loose a lot more weight. I was taking 2 PE classes at college and now that those are over I joined a gym.

I used to weigh 339 now I weigh 321.

I hope to be at 300 or there-abouts by AX this July.

Whatever you do... do NOT starve yourself. if you don't eat regularly your body will store the food as fat knowing that you don't eat a lot. Try to eat 2 times a day with a healthy snack inbetween. 3 appropreate meals a day with 2 healty snacks is best.

FRom,
Joe

Kurenai
05-19-2003, 05:28 PM
Yaaay good luck with your plans :) It's always nice to hear success stories

Hotaru's Sister
05-19-2003, 05:37 PM
*nod nod* I try to eat regularly, but it's hard since I work at a Doctors office with no lunch break. . My dad had a wedding recption on Saturday though sp we have tons of left over food, which makes it easy to put together good meals (one scoop from this bag, few potatoes from this...)

Right now I'm 214, but I'm only 5'4"

minako chan
05-19-2003, 05:39 PM
Well, my hats off to you! >^-^< I wish I had that much willpower, but I'm a slave to candy...

cube
05-19-2003, 06:43 PM
just 2 meals a day? I couldn't handle that. I need 3 plus all the snacking in between ^_^. I heard somewhere it's better to have 3 meals a day although I'm not sure why?

Karisu-sama
05-19-2003, 07:33 PM
Congratulations!! Keep up the good work!! ^^ Don't give up when you hit a plateau, 'cause those will eventually break through.

Originally posted by JoeBoeing
My diet consists of about 2 meals a day, no deepfried foods, no regular soda and no fast food. Infact, this is my 3rd day with no soda what-so-ever.

I also joined a gym that is right next to my work for 25 a month no contract. purely a month by month basis.
Joe

That sounds a lot like my regular all-the-time lifestyle - I eat brunch & dinner (I get up around noon because I have weird work hours), and stay away from fast food, deep fried, & soda of all kinds. Healthy snacks in between, any time. Drink tea, water, soy milk, some orange juice. And of course I do martial arts every week. For ref: I weigh 128 at almost 5'9".

When you consistently eat somewhat less, your stomach WILL eventually adjust to the smaller portions as "normal", and treat your former portion sizes as "too much". And when you consistently exercise, you will eventually feel restless when you do NOT exercise. That helps too.

DarkMynd
05-19-2003, 07:57 PM
no exersise, 2 meals a day, no snacks, i havent drinken soda in like... 5 months, dont know why, just kindof a spur of the moment decision... i should exercise, lose a few more lbs... but im at 188 right now hovering at 6'1'' ... ppl called me a "too tall Alucard" at ACen ;__;

KnuxieChan
05-19-2003, 08:07 PM
Yay! Congrats! ^.^ *claps and throws confetti*..*eats the confetti*

DarkMynd: The taller, the cooler. Ignore what they say ^^

Hellspawn
05-19-2003, 08:09 PM
That's great man! Keep it up. Just don't overdo it ok?

DarkMynd
05-19-2003, 08:36 PM
thx... im not exactly dietying tho :P i just like to stay under 200 lbs... just makes me feel better.. dunno why... and YES i totally didnt think i was too tall for Alucard... *HMPH* stupid ADV ppl... those limey bastards heckled me everytime i walked by... until they eventually begged me for a picture with my friend as Celes.. so HAHAHHA.. victory was MINE !!! >=D

JacksUsername
05-19-2003, 09:36 PM
awesome job !!!!!!

Yeah, I found trying to cut down on the soda has been the most beneficial thing in my diet, although I still have the occasional can every now and then....its all wasted calories.

*thumbs up* congrats!

evilchii
05-19-2003, 10:29 PM
aww! congratulations!! i'm so happy for you!

something that i was told when i was trying to lose a major amount of weight is to make sure you also visit your family health advisor or physician if you haven't already done so. any kind of major weight loss (or gain) can lead to serious heath risks in the future.

i wish you the best of luck!

katchoo
05-19-2003, 10:38 PM
Congrats!!! That's awesome that you are making the choice to better yourself! Good luck! I know you will get to your goal!

makonurikoryoko
05-19-2003, 11:06 PM
Yaaaay!! Congrats man!!! I need that kinda willpower!
like minako Im a slave to candy ;_;

daria_jack
05-20-2003, 04:58 AM
CONGRATULATIONS

I've also lost some weight myself, without really doing anything. Well I stopped eating candy and drink soda, but I didn't really do it before. I'm at the final hole on my belt, and people are starting to see I'm thinner YAY

Doctors in Norway say that you should eat six meals a day, one every three hour. But if you're on a diet maybe just an apple or a slice of bread. A newspaper did an extra issue about neutrition and loosing weight I don't know where it's now but it haad complete plans for people on a diet (I think, or something like that)

Again, CONTRATULATIONS to everyone loosing weight, you're doing a great job, keep it up

neoangelwink
05-20-2003, 09:53 AM
good job ^_^

Famira Damaris
05-20-2003, 10:07 AM
Congratulations, Joe!

Erk...I've been on a half-assed diet, but it's actually worked (dinner, a Slim-Fast in the morning, water and juice through-out the day). I used to weigh, like, 132 lb and now I'm 118 lb (I think - that was when I was weighed for my immunization shots a few months ago). Cutting down on soda seems to really make a difference in just how you generally feel - I used to feel really listless and flacid during the day. I used to drink, like, 2-3 a day, but now it's just water bottles. Plus, doing a sport is really fun. ^^ I love to swim, so I do that for practice. Too bad swim team season is over already. *misses it* ;_;

Freya
05-20-2003, 10:12 AM
Congrats Joe! That must've been really tough to give up, but kudos to you for going all out!
I really need lose weight as well, for reference I'm 142 lbs. Basically not the kind of weight I want for belly-button showing costumes ^_^ (is embarrased about that)

Isaldur
05-23-2003, 05:33 AM
Geez I need to do some @#^&*$ like that.

I'm around 6'2 and pushing 260. I think.

ARGGH. I dunno if I'm gaining or loosing right now that's the worst part.. probably gaining lool

That goes with my using the computer from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed.. I need to get out more often.

(notes he plans to go for a loong bike ride tommorow)

Hrmmmm

Hotaru
05-23-2003, 01:14 PM
well...i could cut back on soda...but since i lubb root beer and vanilla coke, i guzzle when its in the house...

and i can't stop eating when there is junk food around. >_< but i did start to eat lunch regularly. a sandwich instead of like...chips, or grandma's cookies or something. but i'm weak when it comes to those fruit snacks that sell like hot cakes.

must do crunches, must do crunches.

Con-gra-tu-la-tion-s Jo!

Isaldur
05-23-2003, 06:51 PM
Hotaru, do what I did... when the soda runs out replace it with 24 packs of water, load the refrigerator with it.

You'll find after a while water is just as refreshing, sometimes even more since when it's cold it plays off REALLY sharply.

But i'm in much of the same situation, except my intake on a scale of 1-10 would be a 6 or 7, not too shabby I think.

It's my energy output... barely a 1 on that same scale, and if I don't do something fast I'm going to end up like one of my older brothers, it scares the crap outta me because I know damn well my body wasn't built to handle that much weight.

Size-wize I've got a medium build, it's weird because my knees are large but my elbows are small (as far as compared to a guy my size)

makes some sense.. thank goodness I've got some strength though, I threw a 7' tall beam of wood into our backyard (weighing like 30lbs) a few days ago.. it went smoothly :D

SOooo what do I do?

1. Marching in the garage at night for a little while (it does a lot of work on the butt area... )

2. biking (it has been and always will be one of my favorite aerobic things)

3. (what I wanna do someday) fencing... sounds like extremely interesting crap and it's about as involved as dancing lol.

The past month or so has changed my OWN life a lot and these next few will totally overrule it.. I'm happy with that :D

peaseblossom
05-24-2003, 01:40 AM
Kick ass Joe! Keep it up! Being healthy always feels better, no?!

I started skateboarding again and went from 142lbs down to 126 and still dropping. I am excited!!!

Aoshi Shinomori
05-24-2003, 02:22 AM
hey congrats dude.. i stopped working out and went back to sodas and junk food cuz of laziness and i gained like 10 lbs i was like 135 now im 145 and it shows too cuz i m like a skinny asian guy. i plan to get back in shape by the summer