PDA

View Full Version : Ouran Host Club Gathering in '08

missrelena
09-21-2007, 03:29 PM
I just wanted to know if anyone else would like to do an Ouran High School Host Club gathering with me at ALA '08. I have a Renge costume, and if this thing flies, I might be able to convince my Kyoya and Haruhi to come, too!

If you're interested, just add yourself to the thread and tell everyone who you are coming as. I'll try to keep a running list going.

Where: Photo gathering area
When: 1pm on Saturday!

So here's how the list stands so far. . .

Hosts:
Tamaki: Sonsko-chan, UndercoverKitty's Friend
Kyoya: starlet_flower, Char350 (?)
Mori: Cody
Hani:Luna-A-Lovegood's friend (?), ChellaBella, Kyou Chan
Kaoru:RabidXNinetails' friend, UndercoverKitty's Friend
Hikaru: Luna-A-Lovegood (?), RabidXNinetails, UndercoverKitty's Friend
Haruhi:asdfx3, Keiosu, nadeshiko, Sakurada- Girly Version, UndercoverKitty

Others:
Renge: missrelena, ITouchedYusuke
Nekozawa: Reno_kun (or maybe Ranka), mermaidxmelody
Kanako: lbpel.duckie
Ouran Schoolgirls: Sininen and friends

Is that right? If I've messed anything up, let me know!

Keiosu
09-21-2007, 11:11 PM
I'm be around as Haruhi! :3

missrelena
09-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Yay! Now I have a Haruhi to glomp! (Evil Renge laugh)

starlet_flower
09-25-2007, 12:12 AM
well, if Reno_kun and i are going, then i will probably be crossplaying as Kyouya and Reno_kun will either be Nekozawa or Ranka.

asdfx3
09-30-2007, 12:42 AM
I'll be haruhi also(:

Sonsko-chan
10-04-2007, 12:00 AM
The plan is: 1)Tamaki-senpai (Sonsko-chan), 2) Kyouya-senpai (my brother), 3)Hikaru-senpai//Haruhi-chan (Luna-A-Lovegood), 4)Kaoru-senpai (mermaidxmelody).

Well, that's the tentative plans, but at the moment, I'm only sure about myself as Tamaki and my brother as Kyouya.

missrelena
10-04-2007, 07:48 PM
So here's how the list stands so far. . .

Hosts:
Tamaki: Sonsko-chan
Kyoya: Sonsko-chan's brother, starlet_flower
Mori:
Hani:
Kaoru: mermaidxmelody (?)
Hikaru: Luna-A-Lovegood (?)
Haruhi: asdfx3, Keiosu

Others:
Renge: missrelena
Nekozawa: Reno_kun (or maybe Ranka)

Is that right? If I've messed anything up, let me know!

Luna-A-Lovegood
10-07-2007, 10:57 PM
If I somehow end up at ALA I will Hikaru. And praying my Hunny can make it. <3

missrelena
10-10-2007, 04:18 PM
So far, so good! Now. . . when do we want to do this? I'm in favor of Day 1, but I really want other opinions. (Especially since I haven't been to ALA before!):crylaugh:

ITouchedYusuke
10-11-2007, 02:56 PM
I shall attend in my Renge outfit >D

HOHOHOHOHOHOHOOHHO!!!!

missrelena
10-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Hooray! Another Renge! I'm so happy!:toothy:

Char350
10-15-2007, 02:16 AM
Depending on the day and time, I may go as Kyouya (a la UCLA Host Club) :)

ITouchedYusuke
10-15-2007, 02:30 AM
yay~ ;D

SakuraHime
10-15-2007, 01:44 PM
As if now, I will be coming as Nekozawa instead of Kaoru~ ;D

ITouchedYusuke
10-15-2007, 01:48 PM
HUZZAH!
I'll be going....as....Renge ._.

missrelena
10-15-2007, 10:46 PM
Okay, I've updated the list! Hopefully everyone is there and under the correct characters! (Yell at me if you aren't!)

I STILL haven't gotten any suggestions for a time/place! :bigcry: If someone doesn't share some ideas soon, I think of something all by myself! (That could be scary, but oh well! :crylaugh: )

missrelena
10-22-2007, 08:10 PM
Okay, I know double posts are bad. . . but how does Saturday morning sound to everyone? Please let me know!!!

Char350
10-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Depends on how early in the morning...frankly I'd would prefer around noon or afternoon. But whichever works for everyone else.

missrelena
10-24-2007, 03:32 PM
Okay, so not early morning! (Even I'm not that evil!) Is 1pm better?:crylaugh:

lbpel.duckie
10-29-2007, 02:21 AM
I have tentative plans to go as Kanako (Girl from Ep. 2, Tea-Cup Girl, Haruhi's accidental first kiss in the anime version).

missrelena
10-30-2007, 05:39 PM
I have tentative plans to go as Kanako (Girl from Ep. 2, Tea-Cup Girl, Haruhi's accidental first kiss in the anime version).

Yay! Another girl in yellow! (or are you wearing her party dress?) Anyway, I hope you can make it! I'll add you to the list.

IS 1PM ON SATURDAY OKAY WITH EVERYONE?

lbpel.duckie
10-30-2007, 08:06 PM
missrelena: I plan on yellow...I think it would be more fun, and more identifiable.

And if I can make it at all, Saturday at 1 will be the perfect time X3

Char350
10-30-2007, 09:04 PM
1pm sounds good to me. Hope it won't conflict with other gatherings :)

Keiosu
10-30-2007, 09:51 PM
Sounds good to me since Cosplay Chess is on Friday, so no conflict there. :3 I may bake a cake or something for the lot of us too.

missrelena
10-31-2007, 03:29 PM
Mmmmmmmm. . . cake! I'll look forward to that!

How does meeting at the front entrance to the con work for everyone? Then we can move to any awesome spots we may have scoped out the day before? (Since I've never been there, I have no idea of any better place to meet.) Will that work, or does anyone else have any better suggestions?:confused:

Keiosu
10-31-2007, 08:26 PM
I like that idea for the time being, but it would be lovely if someone were to scout out an area beforehand and find us a place to gather. If we're moving around without a real direction, then those who may show up late will get left out and lost.

Char350
10-31-2007, 10:08 PM
We also wouldn't want to crowd the entrance; I remember they made a big deal about blocking the entrance last year. But then again, it'll be a different venue this year so it may work.

But like Keiosu said, if we move around, late people may not know where the gathering went.

missrelena
11-02-2007, 03:31 PM
So, does anyone live near where the con will be and can scout out some likely gathering spots? I'd do it, but I live in Utah. :crylaugh:

missrelena
11-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Double-posting again. . . sorry.

Anyway, my friend natchan is heading to LA in early December, and has offered to look for good gathering sites for us. Yay for having friends who travel! After she gets back, we'll decide on a place to meet. How does that sound to everyone?

Oh, and if you still haven't told me what you're coming as, feel free to hop on this thread and let me know!

ChellaBella
11-14-2007, 12:08 AM
(^D^ ) I'll be there as Honay-senpai!!

And I need a Mori cosplayer to sing "Barbie girl" with, lol xDD

Sakurada
11-14-2007, 01:13 AM
I shall possibly be making an appearance or at the very least stopping by to take photos. :3 I'll be either in Renge or Haruhi, but only if I have time to swap out costumes... wah.

missrelena
11-14-2007, 08:24 PM
Okay, I've added Sakurada and ChellaBella to the list! Yay for more cosplayers!

I shall possibly be making an appearance or at the very least stopping by to take photos. :3 I'll be either in Renge or Haruhi, but only if I have time to swap out costumes... wah.

I understand the costume-swapping thing. . . I have Hellsing and Vampire Knight gatherings on the same day! Aack!:crylaugh:

Char350
11-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Isn't Vampire Knight on Friday?

Sininen
11-15-2007, 03:07 PM
I might be able to bring a small mob of girls in yellow dresses. Just have to talk to my friends about it.

missrelena
11-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Isn't Vampire Knight on Friday?

Yes it is. . . and so is Hellsing. I think I can work it out though. One is supposed to be before Cosplay Chess and the other is hopefully scheduled for after. Ah, the joys of cosplay!

Sininen, a whole mob?!? That would be fantastic! Just let me know when you get the final count if any of them are going to be specific characters so I can add them to the list!:angel:

Sininen
11-15-2007, 05:10 PM
It's a small mob. I pretty sure I can get three and maybe a fourth, but none of them will be specific.

missrelena
11-16-2007, 03:14 PM
It's a small mob. I pretty sure I can get three and maybe a fourth, but none of them will be specific.

When it comes to the fluffy yellow dresses, three counts as a mob! I added you to the list!:angel2:

otaku_drea
11-21-2007, 12:57 PM
ah! i just finished watching this series! its so cool!
i'd love to attend as haruhi, but we will see what happens on that :D

missrelena
11-21-2007, 01:32 PM
ah! i just finished watching this series! its so cool!
i'd love to attend as haruhi, but we will see what happens on that :D

Feel free to attend, even if you don't cosplay! I love having people there who just appreciate the series, too. (Besides, someone has to take the pictures. J/K)

Char350
11-22-2007, 01:16 AM
Feel free to attend, even if you don't cosplay! I love having people there who just appreciate the series, too. (Besides, someone has to take the pictures. J/K)

or better yet, someone has to get hosted!

missrelena
11-23-2007, 02:25 PM
or better yet, someone has to get hosted!

That would be great! We've had a cake promised, and I'm planning on bringing cookies and such. I'd love to share the calories with others!

Keiosu
11-24-2007, 07:23 PM
I just experimented with a dark chocolate-raspberry cake for Thanksgiving and it turned out really good, so if everyone likes chocolate I can make that. If not, then throw out suggestions. XD

missrelena
11-25-2007, 07:43 PM
I just experimented with a dark chocolate-raspberry cake for Thanksgiving and it turned out really good, so if everyone likes chocolate I can make that. If not, then throw out suggestions. XD

Yum! I want some! And if someone doesn't like chocolate. . . well then -- more for me! (I'm going to cheat and buy my treats. St. George to LA is a long way to drive without smushing or ruining baked goods.:crylaugh: )

Natchan is still planning on finding us a few good gathering places when she goes to LA in a few weeks. I'll let you know what she finds -- unless any CA natives already have a few good ideas? (Hint, hint)

missrelena
11-29-2007, 07:13 PM
Double-posting Aaaaaaahh!

I have discovered that ALA has a gathering photo room set aside specifically for groups of crazy cosplayers. I haven't any idea whether or not we can have food there or how many people the room can hold. We do, however, need to schedule the room in advanced. Do you want me to schedule it, just in case, or not? I'm taking votes. . . (hint, hint)

There is also a courtyard at the hotel/con center, but as the Naruto gathering has already scheduled to meet there at 1pm on Saturday, I thought it best that we not try for there.

Natchan is still looking for other gathering places, so we don't HAVE to gather in the photo room. . . I'm just throwing it out there as a suggestion.:angel:

Sonsko-chan
11-30-2007, 12:09 AM
I'm veryveryvery sorry to say, but I need to pull out of this gathering. I may not wear Tamaki again till AX. ><

But I just realized that the Ouran gathering is on Saturday in the midst of my FMA-ness. Since I'll be Elysia for the gathering, then the wedding, and then that evening for Masquerade, I doubt I'll change out of her for the day.

So sorry to pull out, but I think that also pulls my brother out, unless he wants to go. :p

missrelena
11-30-2007, 03:38 PM
I'm veryveryvery sorry to say, but I need to pull out of this gathering. I may not wear Tamaki again till AX. ><

But I just realized that the Ouran gathering is on Saturday in the midst of my FMA-ness. Since I'll be Elysia for the gathering, then the wedding, and then that evening for Masquerade, I doubt I'll change out of her for the day.

So sorry to pull out, but I think that also pulls my brother out, unless he wants to go. :p

I understand. Costume-change craziness can be far too trying to worry about some days. Let me know about your brother when you can. Hugs to you, and come by the gathering and say "Hi" if you can!

Sonsko-chan
12-01-2007, 09:34 PM
I'll definately swing by to say hello and maybe get Hosted. ;D

As of right now, my brother says he probably won't make it. (We don't have a blazer for him).

Nadeshiko
12-02-2007, 05:05 PM
I'll be going as Hauhi Valli. I just got most of my Ouran Host club supplies today. So, it's a matter of sewing bias tape into the tie, sewing the patch onto the blazer, etc.

I'm getting the wig for Christmas from a friend. Yay!

Sonsko: look for the Haruhi with a Jersey accent. That's me. ^.~

missrelena
12-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Okay, I've updated the list! YAY!:angel:

Natchan
12-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Well I won't be showing up i costume (OHHC that is), but I'm totally excited to take all of you're pics! I'll be at the gathering purely as a photographer!

missrelena
12-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Yay! Another person to host!:angel:

RabidXNinetails
12-07-2007, 06:35 PM
I'll come! If my friend can come, we'll be the twins, but if not I'll be Haruhi. (Or it seems you've got alot of Haruhis so I might go twinless. Hikaru, by the way.)

missrelena
12-07-2007, 07:30 PM
I'll come! If my friend can come, we'll be the twins, but if not I'll be Haruhi. (Or it seems you've got alot of Haruhis so I might go twinless. Hikaru, by the way.)

Fantastic! I'll add you and your friend to the list as the twins, and if plans change -- just let me know! :toothy:

RabidXNinetails
12-07-2007, 07:58 PM
Fantastic! I'll add you and your friend to the list as the twins, and if plans change -- just let me know!

Alright! Will do. :D

Sakurada
12-08-2007, 06:57 AM
Looks like I'm a positive -- I'm probably going to be wearing Renge unless I feel like sporting my Haruhi wig for Girly!Haruhi.

missrelena
12-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Looks like I'm a positive -- I'm probably going to be wearing Renge unless I feel like sporting my Haruhi wig for Girly!Haruhi.

Check! List updated! (Hooray!)

ChellaBella
12-09-2007, 10:59 PM
Oh, just to tell you, we have a Mori! He's my friend, Cody, but he doesn't have an account on here.

Anyway, just saying.

missrelena
12-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Oh, just to tell you, we have a Mori! He's my friend, Cody, but he doesn't have an account on here.

Anyway, just saying.

Hooray for having a Mori! (All the Hunny cosplayers should be squee-ing with joy!) I'll add him to the list!:skidude2:

Sakurada
12-10-2007, 08:59 PM
In case you want an accurate headcount, I had to dye and scrap my Renge wig this afternoon for another costume (I never liked the wig anyway, it was one of those wigs I bought for myself and then used it because it was there).

So I won't be wearing Renge... So, I'll be Girly!Haruhi (My Haruhi wig on my Ouran Girls uniform) :3

missrelena
12-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Okay Sakurada, I'll change the list to reflect your wig change.

Update!

We're scheduled in the "Photo Gathering Area" at 1pm on Saturday. According to she-who-is-in-charge-of-cosplay (Neo_Serenity) it's really easy to find. We can only reserve it for 1/2 an hour. After that, we can either focus on hosting people, or Natchan found a great corner by the hotel entrance (bu not right in front of it) that has an ivy covered wall / trees / grass that we could move to and take pictures while hosting whomever is outside.

Let me know what you all think about what we should do after our alloted half-an-hour. . . but we're officially set for 1pm on Saturday at the Photo Gathering Area. Yay! Now we can be on the posters and programs!

missrelena
12-17-2007, 07:49 PM
Double posting again. . . AAAaaaaaahhhhh!

Anyway, I'm planning on bringing one serving platter for some of the goodies so we can host con goers (and ourselves) easier. Does anyone else have platters or tea trays they would be willing to bring?

Oh, and what does everyone think about serving drinks? My opinion is that it would be too messy and too much trouble, but I want to know what everyone else thinks!

Thanks!

RabidXNinetails
12-17-2007, 11:47 PM
I just checked and I don't own serving platters that aren't holiday themed. o.o;; If I see some cheap ones at Target, I'll pick them up though.

As for drinks we could probably do Lemonade in a tea pot. XD Unless someone wants to bring tea. I don't think drinks would be too much of a problem though.

And I can bring cookies or something if you need any! (I'm also bringing my I-pod speakers so we could have background music. I've got the whole Host Club soundtrack on there. And then we could Hare Hare Yukai! >:D)

Keiosu
12-18-2007, 03:25 AM
I'm baking a cake so I can donate that. Yay for sunflower shaped chocolate raspberry cake!

Hmm...drinks may be too hard and like you said messy.

missrelena
12-18-2007, 01:56 PM
Yay! Music, cake and Host Club Happiness! I don't want this gathering to turn into a big huge project, but I think it's going to be a blast!:angel:

Keiosu
12-21-2007, 09:54 PM
I can't wait to host people. It will be fun!

kuro_wing
12-23-2007, 03:42 PM
Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun! I hope we can make it there- and if we have something extra to bring as food, we shall do so!

missrelena
12-29-2007, 12:25 AM
Food is not a requirement, but having you show up would be fantastic! Even if you're not in costume, we'd love to host you!:angel:

missrelena
12-31-2007, 01:55 PM
Double post! (I'm getting to be a regular rule breaker. . . sorry about that.)

I hope everyone has a happy new year!

I so excited to meet everyone this weekend! YAY!

Kyou Chan
01-02-2008, 03:21 AM
I will be a hunny sempai too! I guess i can buy cookies and bring them! sorry its a little hard to bring baked goods from Hawaii with all the crazy airplane rules... >_< nd it might get squished in luggage :o.... soo possibly oreos....

missrelena
01-02-2008, 03:50 PM
I will be a hunny sempai too! I guess i can buy cookies and bring them! sorry its a little hard to bring baked goods from Hawaii with all the crazy airplane rules... >_< nd it might get squished in luggage :o.... soo possibly oreos....

MMmmmmmm. . . Oreos! You're coming from Hawaii?!? Rock on! I've added you to the list. I'm super-excited to meet everyone! (And super-happy our gathering is scheduled indoors, since heavy rain is forecast for this weekend in CA!)

UndercoverKitty
01-02-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm going to be Harahi and my friends are going to be the twins and I believe Tamaki? ((don't quote me on that I'm not completely 100% sure on that all I know is that I got roped into being Harahi..lol))

UndercoverKitty
01-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Depending on the day and time, I may go as Kyouya (a la UCLA Host Club) :)

Hey I remember you from last year... That skit was awesome!!!:angel:

Keiosu
01-02-2008, 07:05 PM
If we're serving people treats and stuff, then do we have plates and stuff ready? I think we should make a list of what people are bringing (if anything), so we know what to expect.

missrelena
01-02-2008, 07:13 PM
I'm brining a treat of some kind, paper plates and plastic forks (hopefully). Since I started this thread, I kinda figured it was my job to supply the mundane things that go along with hosting people. . . if that's okay with everyone else? I'll see if I can't compile a list of what everyone has pledged to bring -- food wise. Once I do, I'll edit this post with it. :crylaugh:

Hugs to all!

UndercoverKitty: I added you and your friends to the list. . . if they change their characters at the con, no big deal!

Edit:
Kyou Chan has offered to bring cookies
Keiosu is bringing chocolate cake
RabidxNinetails is bringing cookies and music

If anyone else wants to spoil us with goodies. . . feel free!

Char350
01-03-2008, 12:58 AM
Is our gathering location indoors? There's strong chances of rain all weekend so hopefully not too many gatherings are affected by this :\

missrelena
01-03-2008, 03:34 PM
It is DEFINITELY indoors! We'll be meeting at the Gathering Photo Area; which according to the schematic is just inside the doors from the Academy Quad. No raining on our parade!

Seriously though, everyone travel safely this weekend!

Keiosu
01-04-2008, 11:37 PM
I just saw a couple accidents on my way home, so yeah be really careful when coming and going now.

allyunion
01-05-2008, 04:51 PM
As announced at the gathering, here is the link for the UCLA Event: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=131584

missrelena
01-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Thanks to everyone who came! I had such a great time meeting everyone -- I hope no one was upset that Renge got a little bossy about the poses and pics. What can I say -- I'm trained as a stage manager, and it just kicked in.

Thank you for all the sweet treats everyone brought. I even got to host Vic! They were all yummy! (The chocolate cake was divine!) I hope to see you all again at another con very soon!

Hugs to all!:angel:

Char350
01-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Hehe, we should thank you for organizing this and coordinating the poses. If not, we'd be wasting time thinking who should go up next, etc.

UndercoverKitty
01-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Yes...I agree thank you very much

z_mikarin
01-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Hi, it is my first time to write here but I was in the gathering!
(I was one of the Kyouyas)
And I am so happy that I made this gathering-it was great!!!!
Thank you very much to everyone.
I had such a good time there.

here are my photos.
http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb144/z_mikarin/ALA08_Saturday_Ouran/

Specially thanks to missrelena^^

Char350
01-08-2008, 03:21 AM
Hi, it is my first time to write here but I was in the gathering!
And I am so happy that I made this gathering-it was great!!!!
Thank you very much to everyone.
I had such a good time there.

here are my photos.
http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb144/z_mikarin/ALA08_Saturday_Ouran/

Specially thanks to missrelena^^
Awesome, I was looking for those pics of Lobelia and me.

Good job at the masquerade, btw :)

Kyou Chan
01-08-2008, 06:30 AM
omg thanks everyone i had such a blast! I was a hunny sempai... Umm it was my first con and well I probably wont be seeing any of yo again unless i come back to Anime Los Angeles which is hard for me since i live in Hawaii... btw the tea party thing was awesome! Once again thanks for making my day happy!

missrelena
01-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the pics Mikarin! I promise I will get mine up in my gallery as soon as I can! If you like any of them, feel free to borrow. My photographer, Natchan, did a great job! I'll let you know when I have them posted.

I'm glad people had fun. . . I certainly did! (Although I thought I stood out like a sore thumb as the only one in yellow.) I hope I get to see most of you again -- hopefully at Comicon and possibly AX!

Char350
01-09-2008, 02:26 AM
And for those who still can't get enough of Ouran love, you can go to the Ouran gathering a few weeks *points at sig* XD

z_mikarin
01-09-2008, 12:47 PM
>Char350,
Thanks. I am glad that my friend was around to take our photos.
Other gathering, I was by myself so I don't have photos much.
And thanks for the invitation to the UCLA gathering.
I am really thinking about going^^

>missrelena,
Hey, I can't wait! I had a great time and such an honor that Natchan took our photos there. I couldn't talk to her much but I am so happy that I could see all of you!!!!

Natchan
01-10-2008, 11:36 PM
Speaking of Natchan! Here I am with some of your pics!

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=98770&member=26798

Travel-Valenti
01-11-2008, 01:02 AM
Whomever was hosting the outdoor tea party, thank you. Those treats were yummy.

Thanks for sharing your OHC gathering pictures. We shall have our's up by the end of this week.

missrelena
01-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Here's more pics! Natchan saved some just for me! (Squee!) I hope you enjoy them!

Click here! (http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=100656&member=27174)

Char350
01-18-2008, 08:52 PM
Awesome pics.

Btw, the Ouran gathering at UCLA has been finalized. If anyone here is still interested, go to the link on my sig. We're trying to take a rough headcount on how many people to expect and what they'd be bringing. :)

missrelena
01-24-2008, 08:15 PM
Just thought I'd mention that Talcumpowder just posted some really awesome pics from our gathering in her cosplay.com gallery!

Link (http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?BRSR=0&cat=101901&member=72235)

Go check them out!