PDA

View Full Version : the holloween akiba fest?

kyocs
09-22-2007, 08:31 PM
well, before i even start, i do heard horrible things about the old akiba fest which all of u flame about, i personally never go to any of them, but i believe they do tried to improve. anyway, here's the information if you don't know about it. i got the flier from T-mode : )

date : OCT 27. 2007

6355 Rolling RD , SpringField, VA 22152

there's cosplay contest and concerts, just like a mini-con, so anyone's planning on going?

Bagu
09-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Might be worth going to just to see Unicorn Table. :)

NiceGai44
09-25-2007, 08:13 AM
I wish Akibafest the best. Hopefully it was better than last year. I prob wont be coming. Do tell me how it is?

Star_Angel
10-03-2007, 09:24 AM
I'm going just because both acts playing have done music for super sentai shows and I love me some super sentai.

Lycoris
10-03-2007, 09:45 AM
I might go if I have nothing else to do. It is like walking distance from my house. :D

Tikki
10-07-2007, 07:39 PM
Well, I'd love to see as many cosplayers attend the Akiba Fest as possible. I was approached to run the J-Rock Fashion Show this year so it would be nice to have at least a few entries. :) And besides, it'll be the first time I'll have ever attended a Halloween event, so I'm planning to enjoy myself that night!

It's a real simple format, just a minor costume contest that's just for J-Rock cosplayers and based on looking as much like your beloved band member as possible. Check out the website that was listed earlier for more info on rules and stuff. I just want to mention its small, no skits and geared to present the J-Rock side of cosplay to everyone attending Akiba Fest. There will be another general Halloween costume contest during the evening festivities, but that's even more laid back... *laughs* For those that are planning to wear something other than J-Rock, that's an option for you, too. Or just come and enjoy the music!

Anyway, please let me know if you guys are interested or have any questions! I'll try my best to answer 'em. Again, I'm only dealing with the J-Rock Fashion Show and it's my first Akiba Fest.
Tikki

kyocs
10-07-2007, 09:46 PM
well hmm, i am not planning on cosplay J-rock or holloween theme stuffs(though it's holloween), i will just go there as anime charaters, XD

Tikki
10-08-2007, 08:04 AM
That's cool! I'm not sure exactly how the Halloween Costume part is being run, but just remember the most important thing, this is NOT an anime convention. So things aren't going to be run the same way you'd expect at a con. I do know that the Halloween costume part is open to anyone in costume though.
Tikki

irkenmodelgir
10-10-2007, 08:23 AM
but just remember the most important thing, this is NOT an anime convention.
Tikki

i dont mean to nitpick or anything, but in the Augest or september (i forget which) issue of Newtype, Why is Akiba Fest Listed under "Upcomeing Conventions" much like AUSA, Otakon, And Nekocon are as such listed.

Lycoris
10-10-2007, 11:49 AM
i dont mean to nitpick or anything, but in the Augest or september (i forget which) issue of Newtype, Why is Akiba Fest Listed under "Upcomeing Conventions" much like AUSA, Otakon, And Nekocon are as such listed.

Maybe because Akiba Fest has crazy connections in high places? I dunno, just a guess. ^_^

irkenmodelgir
10-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Maybe because Akiba Fest has crazy connections in high places? I dunno, just a guess. ^_^

but if it says its a guy, but looks feels and smells like a woman, should it now be a woman XD

Tikki
10-10-2007, 08:26 PM

*shrugs* I dunno. I was just asked to run the J-Rock fashion show. I'd guess that it was listed under conventions as there really is no other way to quantify the show is since it is trying to incorporate cosplay (a traditional con activity) and musical concert events (another constant convention event nowadays) into one evening. It doesn't tout itself as a convention though, just an event where you buy admission tickets.
From an advertising view, it would be wise to bring as much attention to the event as possible. So it gets listed with cons, so what?
And honestly, why hone in on that anyway? Why not ask about the event itself?
Tikki

kyocs
10-10-2007, 09:02 PM
it dun really matter ,
to me, a con is : cosplayer + otaku + pocky + concert
i guess akiba fest can be consider as one for me XD

irkenmodelgir
10-11-2007, 07:57 AM
*shrugs* I dunno. I was just asked to run the J-Rock fashion show. I'd guess that it was listed under conventions as there really is no other way to quantify the show is since it is trying to incorporate cosplay (a traditional con activity) and musical concert events (another constant convention event nowadays) into one evening. It doesn't tout itself as a convention though, just an event where you buy admission tickets.
From an advertising view, it would be wise to bring as much attention to the event as possible. So it gets listed with cons, so what?
And honestly, why hone in on that anyway? Why not ask about the event itself?
Tikki

well the only reason i said anything was because the guy running it last year went off on a tangent about how it is not a con almost like every second, then i found some irony from the fact that it was listed as a con.

but no matter, after how i was treated last year, im not going back to that one, to much of a trip for me just to hang out with a few friends when im not much into the jrock seen. No offense, but just not my cup of tea.