PDA

View Full Version : Devil May Cry Cosplay

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

aBrokenBullet
09-23-2007, 05:08 PM
There isn't a Devil May Cry thread yet?

Blasphemy!

Well DMC4 is coming up really fast and I can't be the only one oogling over its new costumes now can I? Heck, I am still oogling over all the costumes from the other games! Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else out there has made/is making/plans on making something from DMC and wants to talk about it.

Right now I am working on Lady from DMC4, Dante Alternate from DMC 3, the Kalina Ann, and Nevan (http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=90902&member=86580) (the guitar, not the woman)

Anyone else working on anything?

KittyCatChi
09-23-2007, 05:20 PM
yes! DMC thread! XD
Currently i'm working on Dante's jacket from DMC1, and then after Yaoi-con i'll be attacking Trish's new outfit from DMC4 @_@ the designs on her top and pants scare the crap outta me D=

Link_Harkanian
09-23-2007, 05:49 PM
*raises hand* I got an award from the directors of the anime for my Dante costume. Custom variation combining DMC1 and 4's designs. Gonn'a be rebuilding and doing a straight DMC1/Anime version soon enough. I could do without Dante's cowboy boot covers in DMC4...but the rest of the outfit...*drools in anticipation of building costume.* That's not mentioning when I get Rebellion, Force Edge, and Sparda(Sword, not Demon Daddy) build.

aBrokenBullet
09-23-2007, 07:39 PM
yes! DMC thread! XD
Currently i'm working on Dante's jacket from DMC1, and then after Yaoi-con i'll be attacking Trish's new outfit from DMC4 @_@ the designs on her top and pants scare the crap outta me D=

DMC 4 Trish? Sweet!! I love her costume too and yes, those designs do look very intimidating O_O.

*raises hand* I got an award from the directors of the anime for my Dante costume.

Ooh wow, thats really impressive!

vasher
09-23-2007, 08:28 PM
Just wanted to say that I support y'all. :rockon:

I have vague ideas of another DMC project down the line, but I want to get a bit more experience using fiberglass first. :crylaugh:

aBrokenBullet
09-24-2007, 03:33 PM
ooh fiberglass. I love fiberglass (well, except for the dust, smell, and stickiness U_U)

So I started my DMC 4 Lady cosplay today... and all I have to say is that this fake leather stuff is bitch, especially when dealing with it in multiple layers -_-.

Archelon
09-24-2007, 03:35 PM
Mark my words, I will cosplay DMC4 Dante. I don't know when I'll do it. I don't know how I'll do it.

But I will do it.

Scoti
09-25-2007, 07:55 PM
For over a year I've been planning out DMC3 Vergil but progress is a bit slow right now. I'm taking my time to hand embroider the coat, vest, and boots but I aim to have it done for early 2008.

Nefeline
09-27-2007, 03:34 PM
I'm planning to do the new outfit of Lady aswell! :)
After making her first costume, Lady is a character I've really grown attached to.

I hope there will be some pictures of her back soon.. XD
I can't.. or let's say, I don't want to start unless I have seen the whole thing. o_O I need to know EVERYTHING! ^^

And her boots will be extremely difficult to find. o_O

Cyanide Codon
09-27-2007, 05:48 PM
I kinda like Vergil's coat thing, but the embroidery would drive me absolutely BANANAS.

And the women get stupidly simple designs.

Me and my ability to find happy mediums, I swear.

aBrokenBullet
09-27-2007, 07:06 PM
I'm planning to do the new outfit of Lady aswell! :)
After making her first costume, Lady is a character I've really grown attached to.

I hope there will be some pictures of her back soon.. XD
I can't.. or let's say, I don't want to start unless I have seen the whole thing. o_O I need to know EVERYTHING! ^^

And her boots will be extremely difficult to find. o_O

Yeah, I was a bit concerned about that when I started mine, but I figured I could start working on her pouches and belt in the mean time... by the time I finish them the game will probably already be released @_@

Ugh, and don't even remind me about those boots T_T

*edit* your dmc3 Lady is CRAZY btw... those pouches look sick XD, and your Kalina Ann is like, purified ownage

I kinda like Vergil's coat thing, but the embroidery would drive me absolutely BANANAS.

And the women get stupidly simple designs.

Me and my ability to find happy mediums, I swear.

Hmm,you know what a great alternative to embroidery is? Appliqués. I used them for the butterfly pattern on my RE4 Ada dress and they really turned out looking great.

Cyanide Codon
09-28-2007, 11:51 AM
Hmm,you know what a great alternative to embroidery is? Appliqués. I used them for the butterfly pattern on my RE4 Ada dress and they really turned out looking great.

Seriously? I mean, I'm always wary of the things (not that I know why) but if I could somehow manage to find ones I could use...

I have a weird habit of incorporating bits and pieces of whatever strikes my fancy into my normal wardrobe, AND making it work. I'd be a lot more inclined to putting together Vergil's coat if I didn't have to worry about how long the embroidery took and/or messing up months of work... appliques. Hmmm...

Nefeline
09-28-2007, 11:52 AM
Yeah, I was a bit concerned about that when I started mine, but I figured I could start working on her pouches and belt in the mean time... by the time I finish them the game will probably already be released @_@

Yeah, that's probably the best idea. Everytime I go out shoppng I try to keep my eyes open at least for the obvious parts, like her gloves or her sunglasses or the perfect belts.

What material do you use for the pouches?
Are you going to take some work-in-progress pics? Ö.Ö

Ugh, and don't even remind me about those boots T_T

Sorry..
Hmm...... maybe there is a way to alter some boots that look at least a little similar. It would be a hella lot of work though to get them exactly like hers. o_O

*edit* your dmc3 Lady is CRAZY btw... those pouches look sick XD, and your Kalina Ann is like, purified ownage

Thank you. ^^
And I'm really glad she kept her Kalina Ann.. I'm not sure if I would like to build another monster like that. XD

aBrokenBullet
09-28-2007, 04:03 PM
Seriously? I mean, I'm always wary of the things (not that I know why) but if I could somehow manage to find ones I could use...

I made my own actually. You can buy the glue stuff (I really have no idea what it is called) in bolts, iron it to your fabric, cut out the proper shape, and then iron it on again to the coat. It's really really cool, I love appliques soo much. I would fray-check the edges though, because some materials fray so much it makes the process reeealy annoying V_V.

Yeah, that's probably the best idea. Everytime I go out shoppng I try to keep my eyes open at least for the obvious parts, like her gloves or her sunglasses or the perfect belts.

What material do you use for the pouches?
Are you going to take some work-in-progress pics? Ö.Ö

I'm using this fake leather stuff to make them, which actually is turning out a lot better than I thought it would O_O. I am making the basic shape out of quilting pads and then covering them with the material so they are a bit more stiff. I have only finished the back part so far (so there are no actual *pouches* yet), but when I have finished on I will definitely post progress pics!

vasher
09-28-2007, 04:26 PM

I have a weird habit of incorporating bits and pieces of whatever strikes my fancy into my normal wardrobe, AND making it work. I'd be a lot more inclined to putting together Vergil's coat if I didn't have to worry about how long the embroidery took and/or messing up months of work... appliques. Hmmm...

I made a Vergil costume, and I sort of embroidered- well, used a regular sewing machine and set the stitches to what you'd do if you were sewing on appliques.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v678/vashnic/IMG_0279.jpg

You can get thick to thinner lines by gradually changing the stitch width as you sew. It was a bit of a pain, especially with the satin material I had for his coat, but it only took a couple nights of work.

AVAAntares
09-28-2007, 04:48 PM
I've been planning to do a Trish cosplay since the original DMC came out. I actually had the whole costume assembled at one point, but never got to wear it to a con: I was using the leather bustier for a video shoot, and the zipper separated in the back... -_-; Fortunately, the cameras weren't running then!

At some point, probably late next year, my sister and I are planning on making a set of Trish (DMC) and Devil Trigger Trish (DMC2), who has luminescent purple lightning bolts floating around her. ^_^ But I have to get back in shape first...

Nefeline
09-28-2007, 06:31 PM
I'm using this fake leather stuff to make them, which actually is turning out a lot better than I thought it would O_O. I am making the basic shape out of quilting pads and then covering them with the material so they are a bit more stiff. I have only finished the back part so far (so there are no actual *pouches* yet), but when I have finished on I will definitely post progress pics!

Yay! Can't wait to see the first results!
Now I'm really itching to start working too. XD

Archelon
09-28-2007, 07:39 PM
http://www.jeux-france.com/news22001_devil-may-cry-4-plus-d-images.html For anyone planning on cosplaying DMC4 Dante, here are some new shots of him sporting his new weapon, Gilgamesh. The "spurs" are a nice touch. Adds to the whole cowboy aesthetic.

aBrokenBullet
09-28-2007, 09:09 PM
New DMC screens posted on Gamespot today XD. They are all pretty much Dante fighting with one of his new weapons, but I thought I would share anyway because the screens are really high quality... and kick ass =3

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/devilmaycry4/images.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gsimage&tag=images;all

*edit* Damnit! You beat me to it Archelon >< *totally didn't notice that*

Scoti
09-28-2007, 11:48 PM
http://www.jeux-france.com/news22001_devil-may-cry-4-plus-d-images.html For anyone planning on cosplaying DMC4 Dante, here are some new shots of him sporting his new weapon, Gilgamesh. The "spurs" are a nice touch. Adds to the whole cowboy aesthetic.

Totally love the spurs too ;)

I wonder what this new weapon does, It looks like an upgraded Beowulf.

Archelon
09-29-2007, 12:00 AM
I wonder what this new weapon does, It looks like an upgraded Beowulf.

Judging from the screenshots and trailers, that's exactly what it is. Since all of Dante's animations are lifted straight from DMC3, they probably just redesigned the Beowulf guantlets and grieves to give the illusion of it being something entirely new.

aBrokenBullet
09-29-2007, 01:02 AM
He does have that funny mask though, I wonder if it has a functional purpose for the weapon or if it is just for show... you know, playing off that whole cowboy thing? O_O

KittyCatChi
09-29-2007, 02:44 AM
He does have that funny mask though, I wonder if it has a functional purpose for the weapon or if it is just for show... you know, playing off that whole cowboy thing? O_O

never thought of that before XD it's like he has a handkerchief over his face lol
either that or they have a little J-rock style influence XD it looks sexy on him though like restraining a demon :love:

we get to do extra credit in my metal-casting class so i'm going to cast Trish's lightning bolt on her zipper =)

Kyokuu
09-29-2007, 08:25 AM
Ah damn, I remember ranting on and on to my bf on the release date when I picked up DMC3 and first spotted Vergil in the opening, with me yelping "I'm gonna cosplay him once in my life!" XD;;

My poor bf eventually broke down and said he'll one day either make me his jacket or buy it in order to make me shut up about the will to properly cosplay him once I'm a bit more professional with my crafts. :D

I think the best bit would be finding a good Dante to roam around with and 'brotherly bicker' at all day. *cackles*

Got to say, when it comes to coats, the boy's sure know how to pick'em. ;)

Scoti
09-29-2007, 03:22 PM

Gilgamesh seems to throw off sparks (from the metal parts?) so maybe it's meant to mimic a welding mask (but he's too good for eye protection XD )? The piece on his back I'm still not sure about.. either way I dub this "Hannibal Dante" - careful, he bites!!

vasher
09-29-2007, 03:33 PM
The Gilgamesh mask reminds me of those rival ninja guys from Mortal Kombat. Or one of those pocket mask filter things.

Damn, he's got around three layers of stuff on his legs. XD Leather + leather + leather.

Link_Harkanian
09-29-2007, 06:08 PM
Honestly not too fond of the cowboy theme they're doing with Dante in DMC4...he's supposed to be a heavy-metal style, not a country boy. I could do without those cowboy boot covers...and yes, they are boot covers, not actual boots...

aBrokenBullet
09-29-2007, 06:41 PM
Really? I think it is just perfect to follow-up that carefree, fun-loving attitude his has in DMC3 but eh... that's just me =D

Demosthenes
09-30-2007, 04:52 AM
You won't actually believed how much i screamed when I saw this thread and got news of Trish and Lady coming back 8D *fanboys*

It's good to know the ladies of Devil May Cry are back in their oh so voluptuous and sexy selves XP (whatever happened to old Lucia? >___>;;) Simply put, the designs are great and i do like Dante in his cowboy-esque Gilgamesh Greaves.

Awww no one doing Nero and Kyrie? Based on the newest trailers that I've seen, Kyrie just seems to the perfect human sacrifice or some sort (just like Dante's mother in a way) 0.0 which is sad..... because I thought she'd be like some sort of Songstress who can calm the demons or something .____." (if she does die, it'll be so tragic)

I'm not pretty enough to cosplay DMC characters XD but I do know of a friend who's really good! And he's doing Dante (well DMC 3 version anyway in this upcoming end of year event we have here in Singapore) Let's hope the Devil May Cry series gets more <3 that it should.

Fireheart Storm
09-30-2007, 07:12 PM
I'm DYING to do a nero cosplay, that vest he had is SO COOL!!!! *drool* but I have to wait untill I get a job so I can aford the plether I need...

Off topic, haven't you ever heard the song by Big and Rich, "Save a horse, ride a cowboy?" XD J/k *lame contry music pun*

Link_Harkanian
10-01-2007, 08:40 PM
And now for the lilst on insane Costumes, as has been added to my list*looks at sig*

Devil Trigger Dante, via the DMC2 version.

Now the trouble is finding good reference shots and getting a good wig to rip up in the white vash-ish hairstyle he gets when Dante goes DT in DMC2. And the horrid nightmare making all the props and prosthetics is going to be...anyone got good shots of DMC2 DT Dante, and advice? This one is probably gonn'a get done around the same time I get the Sparda Sword built.
So far, I have a good idea of the skin work, at least, so I hope with the photoshopped "Demo".

vasher
10-01-2007, 10:16 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v678/vashnic/dmc2dt.png

^ DMC2 Devil triggered (or was that DDT'ed? >.>) Dante.

Check out the revamped Capcom DMC site-

http://www.devilmaycry.com
Poke around a bit, especially in the character and art sections. Mad kudos to you for planning that. :rockon:

I'm just in the sketchy stages of Nelo Angelo, myself. :geek:

aBrokenBullet
10-01-2007, 10:24 PM
It's good to know the ladies of Devil May Cry are back in their oh so voluptuous and sexy selves XP (whatever happened to old Lucia? >___>;;) Simply put, the designs are great and i do like Dante in his cowboy-esque Gilgamesh Greaves.

I think Lucia didn't make it because the game occurs before DMC2 but I could be wrong. I think that's what I read at any rate =\

I'm not pretty enough to cosplay DMC characters XD but I do know of a friend who's really good! And he's doing Dante (well DMC 3 version anyway in this upcoming end of year event we have here in Singapore) Let's hope the Devil May Cry series gets more <3 that it should.

=(!!! I'm sure your pretty enough! And don't let that stop you from making a costume if you really want to =). Trust me, I do NOT have Lady's body at ALL but I am still gonna make that dmc4 costume >_<!!

I'm just in the sketchy stages of Nelo Angelo, myself. :geek:

Nelo Angelo?! Sweet XD!

Link_Harkanian
10-01-2007, 10:25 PM
That's Desperation DTed. I'm working with Regular DTed, the Vash style one. I have some pics, but not of enough good detail to be exact...best I can do I guess

AVAAntares
10-02-2007, 12:32 AM
It's good to know the ladies of Devil May Cry are back in their oh so voluptuous and sexy selves XP (whatever happened to old Lucia? >___>;;)

Two reasons Lucia is not in DMC4:

1) As has been previously mentioned, the game takes place chronologically between 1 and 2, so Lucia has not been introduced yet. This is probably done in part to preserve the "leave-you-hanging" element at the end of DMC2, where Dante may or may not have died. (Of course, I have my OWN idea about what should have happened at the end of DMC2... I even wrote my own alternate ending, like fanfic, because I was so annoyed with the game's ending. My version had Trish in it, among other things. ^_^)

2) If the general DMC fan base has the same opinion of Lucia as my friends and I had, they might be afraid of the street riots that will happen if Lucia is brought back. ^_^ The other day, I commented to a friend that Capcom should release a DMC-based fighting game, just so I could watch Trish kick the snot out of Lucia...

Trish hurls a motorcycle at Dante's head. That's pretty cool. Lady shoots Dante in the face -- twice -- and defies the laws of physics to break her fall with a rocket launcher. That's also pretty nifty. Lucia, though... Lucia just has a bad pseudo-French accent. :p

Honestly not too fond of the cowboy theme they're doing with Dante in DMC4...he's supposed to be a heavy-metal style, not a country boy. I could do without those cowboy boot covers...and yes, they are boot covers, not actual boots...

I'm of the same opinion; Dante never struck me as the country-western type. Of the four main Dante designs we've seen so far, I think I like the costume from DMC2 best. (Of course, Vergil from DMC3 has Dante beat on all fashion counts...) :D

Scoti
10-02-2007, 08:45 AM

I got the impression it was a decorative end to the chaps not attached to the boots at all (not even as a cover).

I don't mind Dante with a touch of cowboy as long as he not wearing a stupid hat, starts developing a southern accent, or has quotes like " I'm gonna round me up some demons".

Archelon
10-02-2007, 04:04 PM
The real reason DMC4 takes place before DMC2 (and why Lucia is not in DMC4) is so Capcom can implicitly deny DMC2 ever existed without ever explicitly stating it so as not to upset any fans of that game.

Link_Harkanian
10-02-2007, 04:40 PM
*nods*nods* They told the anime directors to avoid any reference to DMC2 even. And that's from the mouth of the directors at a Q&A and Nan Desu Kan 2007.

I'm of the same opinion; Dante never struck me as the country-western type. Of the four main Dante designs we've seen so far, I think I like the costume from DMC2 best.

Personally like DMC3 version of DMC1 myself. It has the most defined look to him, and he looks like he's paying a tribute to his lost brother and his father. DMC2's coat never really sat right with me, though save the boot pieces in 4, I like the outfit.

aBrokenBullet
10-02-2007, 06:55 PM
*is partial to shirtless Dante =3*

Nefeline
10-03-2007, 02:44 PM
*is partial to shirtless Dante =3*

:bigtu:

Today I found myself a nice pair of gloves for Lady. They need a bit of alteration but other than that they're perfect. First step done. ^^

Demosthenes
10-03-2007, 09:03 PM
=(!!! I'm sure your pretty enough! And don't let that stop you from making a costume if you really want to =). Trust me, I do NOT have Lady's body at ALL but I am still gonna make that dmc4 costume >_<!!

I meant pretty as in pretty boy pretty hahaha 8D (and yes I'm a guy)

Maybe I'll do Nero, once i start working out fr a bit or something. (Damn them and their sharp facial features)

But until then, I'll let you guys cosplay their awesome sexy-ness 8D *bows*

Anyone has ideas on what's Nero's age? He looks substantially younger. A lot, lot younger than Dante in Devil May Cry 3 o.o

aBrokenBullet
10-03-2007, 09:44 PM

Oh hahahaha *feels stupid now* DON'T BE SO MISLEADING ><** =P

And just to throw this out there, I have to restart my pouches... AGAIN. It made me sad T_T

AVAAntares
10-03-2007, 10:19 PM

If it makes you feel any better, I knew you were a guy. :D

Maybe I'll do Nero, once i start working out fr a bit or something. (Damn them and their sharp facial features)

Never underestimate the power of cosmetics for making your facial features look TOTALLY different. Makeup can make round faces look skeletal, and vice-versa. (Which is the only way I'm going to be able to make my wide-faced, round-featured friend into this (http://antaresart.org/anime/wolf-hair.jpg) character for an upcoming group cosplay.)

Demosthenes
10-03-2007, 10:46 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I knew you were a guy. :D

Never underestimate the power of cosmetics for making your facial features look TOTALLY different. Makeup can make round faces look skeletal, and vice-versa. (Which is the only way I'm going to be able to make my wide-faced, round-featured friend into this (http://antaresart.org/anime/wolf-hair.jpg) character for an upcoming group cosplay.)

Wow, I guess I have lots to learn really. (I'm new to the cosplay scene, only having done a cosplay ONCE and doing a second one for this year)

*ogles at the Red Queen and Blue Rose* OwO

Demosthenes
10-10-2007, 06:27 PM
And so, I think I'm decided on doing Nero. (And I'm giving myself a year to do it O.O)

Currently figuring out the design of the Blue Rose. I thought of using Amethyst Angel's tutorial on Squall's gunblade to make the handle the "roulette". As for the twin barrels, pvc pipes maybe? O: Covered over with a material (not too sure what yet) to carve the designs onto.

Rant: I just wanna say, it's just not POSSIBLE for Gloria to be human D8 I mean, stretching and twisting into abnormal positions and basically destroying demons with her punches and kicks? God O.O"

Link_Harkanian
10-10-2007, 07:59 PM
You obviously never saw the stunts Lady pulled off in DMC3... In DMC, it's possible for humans to do a lot of things they can't do in the real world.

Demosthenes
10-10-2007, 08:15 PM
You mean the one where she stuck her Khali Ann into the wall and used to turn herself 360 degrees shooting her handguns?

That, I believe 8D But Gloria's rather on the extreme side, i reckon.

Link_Harkanian
10-10-2007, 08:21 PM
Actually, I was referreing to being impaled through the leg an dthen jumping up to stand on said leg with not a single problem. There is the fact that a lot of the Order's top people, including the prriest, were actually demons...plus Gloria is obviously the result of some kind of experiemnt.

Back on costume topic. Anyone else besides me gonn'a go for making a DMC4 Dante?

Demosthenes
10-10-2007, 08:54 PM
I like Dante's buttons. They have this ninja star-esque feel to them. And his coat looks more streamlined and slick, an update to his wardrobe due to him being more mature I suppose?

Link_Harkanian
10-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Or going along the lines of the wild-west style that he seems to have in this game. I honestly, as said before, could do without the pants mounted boot covers, but other than that, I am so building the costume, and probably need a Nero for when I get it done so some photo battle fun can be had.

Demosthenes
10-10-2007, 09:58 PM
That'll be suh-weet The guns! The swords! The pummeling!
What weapons would you be building? The Rebellion and Ebony and Ivory? Or Gilgamesh? >D

On a side note: Is it possible to build Nero's arm? I have no idea on how i should get started for it :I

Link_Harkanian
10-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Nero's arm CAN be built, it just requires a lot of careful work. I've already been working on design myself, since the same techniques would be probably be applied to my Devil Form Dante. For the palm, you would want to use some kind of bright blue material, since it seems now to glow in the newest trailer. My suggestion would be to mount a system of EL or LED lights through the palm material, with latex or something similarly flexible for the bulk of the arm...possibly thermoforms, which is basically hotglue. Flexible, durable, and perfect for that kind of "plating". There's a tutorial at bioweapons.com, http://www.bioweapons.com/ThermoForm.htm. Basic info for making thermoform armor.

As for weapons...definitely Rebellion, Force Edge, and I'm planning for Sparda, and the guns. Possible Gilgy in some form. But I'm sticking mostly with the core gear.

Demosthenes
10-10-2007, 10:26 PM
Thank you lots. That'll be invaluable help.

Yeah i was thinking of LED lights too for the palm and the racks between his arm. The problem is though, I'm no technician/electrician? Hence I have no experience with working with electronics and wiring and stuff....

But i guess it won't hurt to try it out either, and try as much as possible to find out beforehand how it's done.

Windlord
10-11-2007, 12:12 AM
Hey I was wonderign if anyone has some good reference pics for Nevan (the guitar) I plan on making it for a friend.

aBrokenBullet
10-11-2007, 12:29 AM
Hey I was wonderign if anyone has some good reference pics for Nevan (the guitar) I plan on making it for a friend.

haha, yeah, ive got about 20 =P. They only let me upload about 5 though, so if you need more just tell me (sorry they are blurry =\)

Oh, so I was looking for someone that does costume leather holsters for a few of my Ada Wong costumes and I found some sites that might be of interest (custom chaps, holsters and stuff)

http://www.cochiseleather.com/
http://www.leatherbywc.com/
http://www.yodercustomleather.com/
http://www.barrettcustomleather.com/

I usually like to make everything myself but I thought I would throw it out there, if not for cosplay then just as something amusing to look at. I think I had a few more, but I don't remember what they were =\.

Fireheart Storm
10-11-2007, 02:20 PM
I need to stop lookign on the internet.
I have to many costumes to do already.....
So now insted of Nero, I want to do Kyrie, learn that song she's singing in the first trailer and...well, sing! X.x I knw that's sad....but I LOVE that song, it's so pretty....

Link_Harkanian
10-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Kyrie needs more love, there's people on the DMC fan boards that seem to want her to die by the end of DMC4. Just because she doesn't run around wearing hot pants and an open shirt doesn't mean she's not a good character! *head!Desk*

Fireheart Storm
10-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Kyrie needs more love, there's people on the DMC fan boards that seem to want her to die by the end of DMC4. Just because she doesn't run around wearing hot pants and an open shirt doesn't mean she's not a good character! *head!Desk*

Can I say I love? XD sorry, that's a tad creepy, but you speek much truth. She has such a pretty singing voice @.@ I need to find a way to get that song she's singing (like I said before) It would be awsome to be able to sing it for people. :bashful: and maybe i could find a nero to drag around!! Dang it, now I have to do it....I need to make a list and prioritize....Kyrie will be near the top...

Demosthenes
10-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Shouts : "KYYYYRRRIIIEEEEEE" *anguished look*

8D Okay, so I was being melodramatic. *smirks* But anyhow, I still think Kyrie is very much an important and central character in the game. If she dies.... well if I'm Nero, I'll very much like to wring Agnus's Neck =_=

On a side note: Yippee! I've found a nice replacement to get the lights on Nero's arm. http://www.thatscoolwire.com/ They are just perfect, to be moulded upon the Devil Bringer arm. Which leaves the Palm area of the Devil Bringer.

Currently I'm confused :confused: Are the glowing areas of the Devil Bringer on the outer part of the arm Red or Blue? Because I read somewhere that the game directors changed the color but I'm not sure from which to which.

Demosthenes
10-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Can I say I love? XD sorry, that's a tad creepy, but you speak much truth. She has such a pretty singing voice @.@ I need to find a way to get that song she's singing (like I said before) It would be awesome to be able to sing it for people. :bashful: and maybe i could find a nero to drag around!! Dang it, now I have to do it....I need to make a list and prioritize....Kyrie will be near the top...

Sure as hell would be looking forward to your Kyrie. 8D I tried dragging my female-friend of mine into doing Kyrie but apparently she has other plans O.O oh well.

Off topic but : Ironically, we (as in our school choir) Just sang a song entitled, "Kyrie" and apparently Kyrie meant "God". So does that mean that there is more to Kyrie (as in the character) then we think? Possible....

Fireheart Storm
10-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Shouts : "KYYYYRRRIIIEEEEEE" *anguished look*

...... *grins* ok, now I HAVE to make her #2 on the list, I have a D. Greyman group for ALA....but I should be able to START Kyrie at least...maybe I can have her done???? dang it, I'm already behind on school work. oh well, for Devil May Cry!!! <3

Off topic but : Ironically, we (as in our school choir) Just sang a song entitled, "Kyrie" and apparently Kyrie meant "God". So does that mean that there is more to Kyrie (as in the character) then we think? Possible....

lol, I'm in choir...but I'm an Alto XD

Link_Harkanian
10-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Currently I'm confused :confused: Are the glowing areas of the Devil Bringer on the outer part of the arm Red or Blue? Because I read somewhere that the game directors changed the color but I'm not sure from which to which.

The glowing areas are blue. They were originally...red, I believe, but it got changed to blue since blue stands out more against the orange of the bulk of the arm.

As as a note, contrary to what most people say, his coat is PURPLE, not blue. It's a deep purple, I have done color comparisons. Vergil wears blue, Dante red, and Nero wears a red vest, blue pants, and a deep purple coat. Which is part of the reason for a theory I have on why Nero looks the way he does, and for the Devil Bringer, since only one other character wears purple in DMC; Sparda himself.

And with all the DMC4age going around, it sucks we're probably not all in the same area for a con. Getting this little groupe together would be awesome.

Fireheart Storm
10-11-2007, 08:25 PM
As as a note, contrary to what most people say, his coat is PURPLE, not blue. It's a deep purple, I have done color comparisons. Vergil wears blue, Dante red, and Nero wears a red vest, blue pants, and a deep purple coat. Which is part of the reason for a theory I have on why Nero looks the way he does, and for the Devil Bringer, since only one other character wears purple in DMC; Sparda himself.

And with all the DMC4age going around, it sucks we're probably not all in the same area for a con. Getting this little groupe together would be awesome.

Ooooooooooooo, interesting.... I want to know more! :)

And a group would be AMAZING and Epic. I'll be at ALA this year...maybe AX for a day.....

Link_Harkanian
10-11-2007, 08:28 PM
I'm in the mountain area, moving to Texas next month or so, which cust down on my available cons. If you go to Nan Desu Kan in Denver, you would probably see me there. ^^

Demosthenes
10-11-2007, 08:29 PM
The glowing areas are blue. They were originally...red, I believe, but it got changed to blue since blue stands out more against the orange of the bulk of the arm.

Once again, thanks for the info.

That's an interesting theory you got there. '___' Its like Nero wears colours which made up the Sparda line. So the question now is, IS Nero part of the Sparda line or not? Damn the Japanese and keeping tight-lipped about this -__-

Yeah, It'll be great if all of us were to be in the same con D= I'm halfway across the world from you guys mind you, at least you guys are still in the same country! 8D Nevertheless, maybe one day, someone will figure out an ingenious method of bringing people together, holographic mock battles anyone? XD

Fireheart Storm
10-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Once again, thanks for the info.

That's an interesting theory you got there. '___' Its like Nero wears colours which made up the Sparda line. So the question now is, IS Nero part of the Sparda line or not? Damn the Japanese and keeping tight-lipped about this -__-

Yeah, It'll be great if all of us were to be in the same con D= I'm halfway across the world from you guys mind you, at least you guys are still in the same country! 8D Nevertheless, maybe one day, someone will figure out an ingenious method of bringing people together, holographic mock battles anyone? XD

No, I rember them saying right from the begingin Nero is not a Sparda, hes conected, btu not one. Mind you, I could be rembering wrong...so now I must go find the artical, once I do I'll let ya'll know.

And Hologram battles, that's tight... why must nero be half way around the world?! *dramatic sob*

oh, and I found this, and I thought it may or may not be useful to people in this thred
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748464/img_4509697.html

Demosthenes
10-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Nero can't be Sparda because he's much too young XD Unless, don't tell me, Nero's something like Cardcaptor Sakura's Clow Reed younger version -_-" If that's the case, then, I'll..... never mind. XD

Well techically I'm the near the equator (hur hur) So I'm just right across the pacific and wee bit downwards in Asia. South-East Asia to be specific.

Oh I've seen that picture. Apparently that picture got sick Yaoi-fangirls going rabid because if you look closely, Nero's hand is just appropriately near Dante's bottom. Good God. @_@ And then they started going about making like weird pairings in Devil May Cry

Fireheart Storm
10-11-2007, 08:48 PM
.... ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww >.<;; I'm sorry, I'm not a yoai fan girl. I didn't even notice that O.o;;; *headdesk*

if you're ever on this side of the ocean, send me a pm, maybe we can figure out a way to get a DMC photo shoot going XD

now I have to go and figure out what the heck Kyrie's dress is made of, the cloth looks like it has quite a bit of texture to it?? :lost: it's hard to find good screen shots of her. Some of the best ones I've found Nero's standing mostly infront of her >.<

Demosthenes
10-11-2007, 09:04 PM
lol, I'm in choir...but I'm an Alto XD

Bass for me XD

I know, I know. Yaoi- Fangirls scare me a lot '_____' and I can never get them. Mind you I was horrified, trawling through the internet one day, to find communities supporting :Horror oh Horror: VergilxDante pairings *shudders*

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25417.html << The Newest Devil May Cry 4 trailer. Plenty of Kyrie screentime in it, maybe you could freeze the frames of the video and screen cap pictures of her?

And if anyone's interested in doing the Order members, I found links on the symbols on some of the Order's members clothes, (including Nero and Kyrie)

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/5328/dmc4ny2.jpg

Fireheart Storm
10-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Bass for me XD

I know, I know. Yaoi- Fangirls scare me a lot '_____' and I can never get them. Mind you I was horrified, trawling through the internet one day, to find communities supporting :Horror oh Horror: VergilxDante pairings *shudders*

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25417.html << The Newest Devil May Cry 4 trailer. Plenty of Kyrie screentime in it, maybe you could freeze the frames of the video and screen cap pictures of her?

And if anyone's interested in doing the Order members, I found links on the symbols on some of the Order's members clothes, (including Nero and Kyrie)

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/5328/dmc4ny2.jpg

You are random cosplay hero of the day. And I don;t think I have the program needed to get screen caps on my computer... O.o;; maybe I do?? XD I have no idea to be honest

Demosthenes
10-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Play the Video in full screen and pause at the appropriate moment you need. Press the Print Screen button on your keyboard. Then paste into Paint or something then save it ;3

Might be a wee bit blurry, but least there's something to work on ^_^

Link_Harkanian
10-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Here's the deal with Nero. he is an orphan, who looks like the Sparda boys, is taken in by an Order dedicated to Sparda, with plans to resurrect Sparda, has developed a demon arm, and wears teh colors of the SParda brother AND the color that only Sparda himself wore. Most signs point to that Nero is SParda himself reborn as a human.

Nefeline
10-14-2007, 06:55 AM
YAY! I just got myself a nice pair of boots (http://i12.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/bb/61/3f43_1.JPG) for Lady of ebay.
With some alterations, I hope they'll turn out decent enough.. oÔ
*is a little excited*

Demosthenes
10-14-2007, 07:21 AM
Aaaah those are awesome =D Simply suited for Lady.

*begins the hunt for his own boots himself*

I knew it I knew it! The whole Nero Being Sparda thing! D8 If it turns out to be true, then the all too famous line shall be used.

"I AM YOUR FATHER!"

aBrokenBullet
10-14-2007, 07:46 AM
YAY! I just got myself a nice pair of boots (http://i12.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/bb/61/3f43_1.JPG) for Lady of ebay.
With some alterations, I hope they'll turn out decent enough.. oÔ
*is a little excited*

Oooh! Those are awesome!! I'm planning on going boot hunting this week so I hope I find something good too ><

Nefeline
10-14-2007, 08:42 AM
Aaaah those are awesome =D Simply suited for Lady.

*begins the hunt for his own boots himself*

Oooh! Those are awesome!! I'm planning on going boot hunting this week so I hope I find something good too ><

Teh-hehe.. it's boot hunting season!!! XD
Good luck to both of you! :)

Fireheart Storm
10-14-2007, 09:37 AM
on the subject of boots, Kyrie's have a zipper up the side, so it looks like I get to get thrift short hunting for a pair I can modify. Also thank fully it looked like the dress wont be to hard to walk in, the sides at left open fromt he knees down, o that's what I can tell any ways.

On a more random note I keep watching this trailer, and in the church, Nero is sitting there with a pair of head phones around his neck or that's what they look like, I have no idea why but it REALLY amuses me.

Archelon
10-14-2007, 09:48 AM
Most signs point to that Nero is SParda himself reborn as a human.

While that's certainly a possibility, I think the most prevalent theory is that Nero's arm was possessed by the spirit of Vergil. Hence why Nero hears "Give me more power!" in his head once his arm changed. Also, several of Nero's taunts are the same as Vergil's from DMC3.

Scoti
10-14-2007, 11:51 AM
I've put the boot hunting on hold for now. It's hard to find a high boot to modify that doesn't have a stiletto heel and doesn't cost $150+.

Vergil+Stilettos = lolz wut?

While that's certainly a possibility, I think the most prevalent theory is that Nero's arm was possessed by the spirit of Vergil. Hence why Nero hears "Give me more power!" in his head once his arm changed. Also, several of Nero's taunts are the same as Vergil's from DMC3.

I believe this theory the most, even if Sparda was reborn human it's not in his nature to act so power hungry. I also noticed the taunts in the gameplay videos but people think I'm crazy.

Link_Harkanian
10-14-2007, 06:21 PM
Nero doesn't act power hungry though, he's more driven by duty and obligation, as well as his love for Kyrie. And the whispering voice from the arm aspect may have been dropped, since there has not been one mention of it since that original trailer. It's moer like the Devil Bringer's power is actually Nero's power.

Demosthenes
10-14-2007, 07:23 PM
The Arm probably have a mind of its own '___' It IS power hungry, but it's kept under control by Nero because he has the willpower to dominate it, for the moment anyway.

Didn't Kobayashi said that Vergil won't debut in DMC 4? Though I don't trust him >___>;;

By the way, did anyone noticed, when Nero was screaming and hitting the floor, the floor resembled strangely like the scene in DMC 3 in the Demonic Tower where they were opening the seal?

Nero doesn't appear to be a religious person. XD Since he skipped the sermon and listened to his earphones instead.

Link_Harkanian
10-14-2007, 07:31 PM
So far, there's been no indication that the Devil Bringer is indeed its own mind. And yeah, it was said in an interview that vergil would not feature in DMC4. Hear the vergilk fans screaming "foul!" at that one. Bad enough that Lady and Trish only get a small cutscene appearence.

I did notice that about the floor. Probably an intentional design.

And Nero seemed to be like "It's not Kyrie singing. Stupid old man...I'm listening to my heavy metal now..."

Fireheart Storm
10-14-2007, 07:51 PM
So far, there's been no indication that the Devil Bringer is indeed its own mind. And yeah, it was said in an interview that vergil would not feature in DMC4. Hear the vergilk fans screaming "foul!" at that one. Bad enough that Lady and Trish only get a small cutscene appearence.

I did notice that about the floor. Probably an intentional design.

And Nero seemed to be like "It's not Kyrie singing. Stupid old man...I'm listening to my heavy metal now..."

What interview was that it? O.o;;; I've aprently fallen behind on the news.

interesting point on the floor, I was watchign the trailer with one of my cosins who has never heard of devil may cry, so she was just amazed by the fact he was breaking the floor.

Demosthenes
10-14-2007, 08:01 PM

OWNED XD

I'm curious though. Apparently Dante bursts into the "church" via the glass ceiling and shoots the old man before slaughtering the remaining order members. How does he know they are actually demons? O: and If they really are just woshipping sparda, then they don't pose much of a threat right?

Why do I get the feeling that the demons in the Order are those that remain on Earth when Sparda sealed away the demonic gate and now they have bred with humans to form hybrids? .____."

Fireheart Storm
10-14-2007, 08:12 PM
OWNED XD

I'm curious though. Apparently Dante bursts into the "church" via the glass ceiling and shoots the old man before slaughtering the remaining order members. How does he know they are actually demons? O: and If they really are just woshipping sparda, then they don't pose much of a threat right?

Why do I get the feeling that the demons in the Order are those that remain on Earth when Sparda sealed away the demonic gate and now they have bred with humans to form hybrids? .____."

hm...well, it would be true Dante fashion to NOT know, just be guessing. XD honestly? I have no idea, in the newest trailer Lady seams to know what she's talkign about, so maybe she found out?

O___o;; that's a rather interesting concept. more part demons, great.

And tomarow my friend is going to sit down with me and try to discreen the words of that song Kyrie sings. ^.^; wish us luck, it sounds like Italian to me.

Link_Harkanian
10-17-2007, 05:09 PM
Back on costume topic. How many DMC4 cosplays does everyone have planned? I've listed mine of...anyone else gonn'a take a stab at the new game's characters?

aBrokenBullet
10-17-2007, 06:15 PM
Back on costume topic. How many DMC4 cosplays does everyone have planned? I've listed mine of...anyone else gonn'a take a stab at the new game's characters?

Well I am doing Lady... but I think we have established that (lolz). I DID initially set aside this week to make her pouches... but then the RE cosplaylab competition happened haha. (pretend I didn't say that)

Wait... Lady is only in one cutscene?! What the hell... that's blasphemy.

Link_Harkanian
10-17-2007, 06:19 PM
yeah, last interview suggest that Lady and Trish are only in a cutscene, and that's it. That and no Vergil in the game.

KittyCatChi
10-17-2007, 07:12 PM
yeah, last interview suggest that Lady and Trish are only in a cutscene, and that's it. That and no Vergil in the game.

D= I hope that's not true. Why bring them back at all then if it's only for a few minutes, I know it's probably to make the older fans feel more comfortable but still =( With how much detail they put into their new outfits it wouldn't seem like they were just for one part :lost:

Link_Harkanian
10-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Indications are that it's mainly to show where Lady and trish are at after DMC3 and DMC1. And to debunk the hordes of rumors that Trish died after DMC1, which the anime debunked enough as it is.

Demosthenes
10-18-2007, 02:25 AM

BLASPHEMY! FOUL! *takes out the pitchforks*

More girls of Devil May Cry and Vergil please! God, what is Capcom thinking? X_X
Progress on Nero is Really slow X_X;; I'm still going "Hmmmm Now how Do i do his devil arm thingy again?" and somewhat got a guide on sword making. So I'll buy the materials for the sword soon and maybe do out the Sketches and Skeleton of the Red Queen.

And I need to get someone to help me buy stuff online, because shopkeepers go "Huh? O.O" when I asked for some of the stuff to sculpt the arm X_X

aBrokenBullet
10-18-2007, 10:05 AM
BLASPHEMY! FOUL! *takes out the pitchforks*

More girls of Devil May Cry and Vergil please! God, what is Capcom thinking? X_X
Progress on Nero is Really slow X_X;; I'm still going "Hmmmm Now how Do i do his devil arm thingy again?" and somewhat got a guide on sword making. So I'll buy the materials for the sword soon and maybe do out the Sketches and Skeleton of the Red Queen.

And I need to get someone to help me buy stuff online, because shopkeepers go "Huh? O.O" when I asked for some of the stuff to sculpt the arm X_X

Hmm... well I don't know of how much help this will be, but I know there is a midna cosplayer here that got her arms to glow, so maybe if you pm her she can help you find the stuff.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1161600

There is a link to her midna cosplay.

Oooh swords. I love making swords. What are you making yours out of? =D

Scoti
10-18-2007, 04:58 PM
I had a thought about Nero's arm but I not sure if it would work...

While it technically wouldn't "light" up, what if the base layer was made from reflective fabric (have seen it in blue) so that when the light hits it, like a camera flash, it would look glowing.

Demosthenes
10-18-2007, 07:28 PM
Yeap~ Those two materials that could make his arm glow would be either reflective tape or El Wire.
Now how to mould it to the arm, I have no idea just yet O.O

I pmed A19Riku (she did the sword for Lightning in FF13) and she gave me a quick rundown and tutorial on how to make it using Foamboard. It'll consists of around 6-7 layers and the more intricate details would be moulded out of Sculpey. Well that's the plan anyway.

Link_Harkanian
10-19-2007, 05:32 PM
With the bulky flesh of Nero's arm, the best methods may be to make molds and use thermoforms, ie hot glue. I posted a link to the tutorial on bioweapons.com, since he built his most recent guyver armor from the material, and it comes out really good looking, and it's really durable, not to mention cost effective materials. It's what I'm gonn'a probably use for the bulky parts of my Devil Trigger costume, and when I build a Devil bringer myself.

Demosthenes
10-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Making the arm out of thermoforms is not the problem =/ Its getting the materials to make the moulds. For the moment, I'm scouring hardware shops for Alginate and can't find them X_X;;

Demosthenes
10-21-2007, 09:05 PM
Nothing new but : http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26664.html
The latest DMC 4 Trailer without the background fuzz, with subtitles and brighter! 8D

"You got a jacked up notion of fair play pal. And it's beginning to piss me off."

Ooh very angsty of Nero. Me likes XD

And hooray! I bought the foamboard for the main part of the Red Queen and a wooden dowel for the handle. Will sketch out the sword details and start cutting and sanding the shape soon.

Windlord
10-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Here is a nevan (guitar) I've been working on for my friend, sorry for the poor pic quality. once the peices are put together it will be able to transform from the guitar to scythe.
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1305481

Fireheart Storm
10-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Here is a nevan (guitar) I've been working on for my friend, sorry for the poor pic quality. once the peices are put together it will be able to transform from the guitar to scythe.
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1305481

.... that is SO cool! it looks likeit'c coming along great, you can finish it! ^.^ You're friend is a very lucky Dante

Alright,I have a question of my own. I'm looking around for fabric on Kyrie, and from what I can tell (and correct me if I'm wrong) but looking closly at the cloth of her dress in the trailer, it seams to be mostly made of a Waffle type cloth, and I wanted to know if all of you thought this
http://www.fashionfabricsclub.com/images/swatches/M522.600x600_thumb.gif

Would work?

Demosthenes
10-24-2007, 06:20 PM
Eh? Her clothes are made of that material? ._." Because so far as i can see, the clothes are smooth in texture, I don't see the Waffley fabric anywhere on her clothes.

Windlord >> Your Nevan is coming along great! And yes, your friend is a very lucky Dante xD

Fireheart Storm
10-24-2007, 06:32 PM
Eh? Her clothes are made of that material? ._." Because so far as i can see, the clothes are smooth in texture, I don't see the Waffley fabric anywhere on her clothes.

Windlord >> Your Nevan is coming along great! And yes, your friend is a very lucky Dante xD

That's why I was asking, but I downloaded a high definition version, and then when I I paused it some times it's really blurry :/ my computer hates me. so, I guess I'm kinda stuck, any ways, smooth cloth will be cheeper.

Oo my mom just got these boots that would be PERFECT for Kyerie.....how can I steal them off of her?????? XD

Demosthenes
10-24-2007, 06:46 PM
Yeap, better off with smooth textured cloth since it does appear that way. O.O Maybe you zoomed in into the HD version, which the pictures became more pixellated? XD

Oooh boots D= i found some close ones to Nero's but.... I just died when i saw the price @_____@

On a side note: How's the deciphering of the song going on?

Fireheart Storm
10-24-2007, 07:03 PM
EH, could be going better, I was planing on starting this week, but all of my teachers got together and said, "HEY! let's give them a MILLION pages of home work :p!" so, haveing seven classes makes it hard to work on any thing...blasted high school..... so, I'm putting the trailer on a CD and takign it to computer class tomarow, because I've already finished out current project in it :D maybe I can find a way to get the adio seperated form the video so I can put it on my iPod...

Windlord
10-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Here is Nevan complete except for a few small details that i won't be adding till Ohayocon. The neck of the guitar is a bit too long, but my friend didn't want it to be shortened. He still needs to get his boots, and dye his hair.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1307626

AVAAntares
10-28-2007, 08:29 PM
Here is Nevan complete except for a few small details that i won't be adding till Ohayocon. The neck of the guitar is a bit too long, but my friend didn't want it to be shortened. He still needs to get his boots, and dye his hair.

Neat-o! Looking forward to the final version. Are you going to put a gloss finish on the guitar, or leave it matte?

Oh, and re: hair dye... I'd recommend a wig if he's going for Dante. With most hair, it's almost impossible to bleach to true white; the best you can do is platinum blonde with a purple rinse, which tends to fry hair follicles to brittle, uncooperative shreds (and often comes out the wrong color anyway).

Windlord
10-28-2007, 08:58 PM
yeah we'll probably put a gloss on it.

lol yeah we tried hairspray, and it kinda turned out greyish, but thats jsut cus we couldn't find a wig...

Ashura_Ojisama
11-14-2007, 08:17 PM
I finally found a DMC cosplay tread.^^

Well.. I'm new to cosplay.com, but I already have experience in cosplay. As for Devil May Cry I've already done Lady (DMC 3 outfit), Nevan (but it's a modified version) and Female Vergil.

For now I'm only planning to do a female Dante (DMC 3 outfit), Trish and Lucia... at least for now..:toothy:

AVAAntares
11-14-2007, 11:48 PM
Ashura_Ojisama: Hi, and welcome! :) Your Nevan bodysuit is pretty cool. Do you have photos of any of the other DMC costumes?

Kyokuu
11-15-2007, 10:14 AM
I've been pondering this for a bit, and forgive me for just lurking (I posted waaaay back in the thread but never kept up with it. @_@ Silly me!) but I was wondering,

Does anyone have any suggestions on fabric for Virgil's coat (pleeease no velvet. It looks tacky! :-/ ) and his vest/pants?

What I've noticed about the pants is they appear to have scales- like snake skin but I highly doubt they are made of snake skin- so is there a way to give this appearance?
I'm trying to go for as accurate as possible so I plan to spend a lot of time on this costume to pull off the best Virgil cosplay I can. :D

Also, the vest appears to be, well, 'ribbed'. It looks a lot like a rib cage with a zipper down the front.
Suggestions?

As for the coat- double sided! A turquoise/sea blue color with gold trim on the inside. I honestly think the inside looks like it's silk, or some sort of similar material. (But silk it's self is expensive!)
The coat it's self...I have no idea! Leather? But blue? So could some other material be used?

vasher
11-15-2007, 11:48 AM
The outside of Vergil's coat is most likely satin. That's what I used, anyways. High-res:

http://nelo-angelo.org/media/official/0.jpg

Yes, near as consensus can tell, he has snakeskin pants. ;) Or at least some form of subtly patterned leather. Vest looks like (thicker) leather as well. I made mine out of upholstery vinyl- I was in a rush, so I just used one layer and merely sewed the pattern onto the front, but were I to do it over again, I'd make two layers and sandwich some padding shaped like those 'ribs' between them to get the right look.

Kyokuu
11-15-2007, 12:19 PM
Ah, now see that picture is a touch different...He has patterns on the inside as well, apparently.
Thank you for the image!

Looks more...ah...what would you call it...
Not like bright orange but a sort of autumn orange on the inside.
Oh- maybe I'm missing it in your pics (or maybe I'm looking at it wrong) but the little ruffle for his collar, is that attached to the vest?
I'm looking at my other reference pics and it seems like it's maybe buttoned onto the inside of this pop up collar on the vest or it's like one of the 'neck ruffles' I have somewhere which buttons around the neck.

Actually let me dig it up and throw on the right shirt and I'll try to show ya :D

The boots! Gah the boots are gonna be fun to try and find. >_<;

Edit:
Okay, apparently my camera hates anything that is black in color. :-/ So no collar pictures but! :D At least I can start building my little 'reference model' now.

vasher
11-15-2007, 12:45 PM
Fairly sure that he's wearing some sort of cravat-

http://www.tiewarehouse.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=56&products_id=1051

It's an old-fashioned necktie.

Kyokuu
11-15-2007, 12:49 PM
Ah the link doesn't work for me...It just keeps saying the site timed out. O.o

Although I want to say this before I have to part for a few hours:
Thank you so much already for your willingness to help! :D

Edit: Frantically pushing the refresh button seems to work! Haha!
Ah it does look something like that. *nod nod*
Although my bet is it would most likely be easier to make something out of scrap cloth or the like.

AVAAntares
11-15-2007, 03:12 PM
Rather than satin for the coat, I would suggest a more matte-finish fabric, maybe a taffeta or something similar. You want it to catch the light and have that inner glow, but you DON'T want it to reflect shiny in flash photos. Take a digital camera to the fabric store with you and test the fabric to see how shiny it looks under flash.

If you don't want to deal with leather or vinyl for the pants, you can find some very nice snakeskin or crocodile textured fabric in the "suede look" section of JoAnn or other fabric stores. It won't be as shiny, but it will have a visible pattern and texture.

Vergil is wearing a cravat, but it looks like the English kind that ties over the top -- not quite like the wedding picture that vasher linked to, although it's similar. You can fake this by tying a standard necktie knot in a silk scarf and not tucking it through the loop in front.

Hmm. I never realized it before, but Vergil's boots look *just like* that one character from Mysteriously Vanishing Star... ^_^

Shawnzy
11-18-2007, 07:47 AM
Howdy DMC thread!

Just wanted to stop by and say Hi. I am beginning work on a DMC4 Dante. I have cosplay DMC3 dante before...and with his new western flair in dmc4 I just couldnt pass it up. (I'm from Texas originally...do have a soft spot for western things <.<)

So anyways, just stopping in to say Hi. And if any other Dante cosplayers wanna know how to get their natural hair white/silverish let me know, as I've perfected the technique required to do such a thing. As seen in this picture here.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1546/dantevergilmm4.jpg
((Was initially like a solid snow white color, but a nice grey/silver toner i got my hands on added a silver flair to it.))

Anyways...if anyone wants to discuss anything let me know, always willing to help out.

I plan on having this costume finished by Anime Expo next year.

aBrokenBullet
11-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Would it be cool if I made a guitar hero guitar mod so that it looked like Nevan?

Shawnzy
11-27-2007, 12:02 PM
I think that would be the most awesome thing ever if you ask me. I was tempted to convert one of my real guitars in a Nevan. But I decided to pass on the idea for the moment xP

Ishotxemnas
12-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Hello DMC thread!
I've been wanting to make a Lady cosplay forever, I have just about everything I need. But i'm completely stumped about how to make her bazooka! I'm sure alot of people had this problem. ^^;; I'm looking to make it light weight so I can carry it around easily. any tips of links/tutorials would it be very much appreciated!

aBrokenBullet
12-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Hello DMC thread!
I've been wanting to make a Lady cosplay forever, I have just about everything I need. But i'm completely stumped about how to make her bazooka! I'm sure alot of people had this problem. ^^;; I'm looking to make it light weight so I can carry it around easily. any tips of links/tutorials would it be very much appreciated!

Well, I am making mine out of PVC pipe, which is pretty cheap and easily cut with a saw. To get the basic shape, I am going to use a very long, wide piece of PVC and attaching a 90-degree pvc elbow joint on the end with all of the boxes. To achieve that thicker part in the middle, I am either going to get a 180 elbow (which I am not sure exists), put it in a wider piece of PVC, or just bulk it up with something (although this option isn't desirable). For the boxy parts, I am just gonna use foam for the shape, fiberglass them, and epoxy them on. For the handle part, I am just going to stick a thin piece of PVC in the side and wrap it in belts or something... not sure yet. The knife part, once again, will be fiberglassed foam haha (I have a thing for fiberglass haha XD)

Well I hope that was somewhat helpful =D. It should be pretty light, although it won't be a feather. It will also be seperable so that it complies with all of those lovely con weapon regulations =\ (God I hate them... they make weapon making miserable sometimes). I want to make one soon-ish (maybe over Christmas break) so if it would help you out, I could take some pictures as I do it and make a tutorial or something =D.

Demosthenes
12-04-2007, 07:40 PM
AAAAH ;_; it seemed everyone had made progress in their DMC cosplays.

I'm still pathetically stuck at making Nero's sword. Basic outline of the shape of the sword done and got my PVC pipes for handle and holding the blade (lol) I was thinking of getting an actual bicycle handle for the sword....mmmm if only I can saw off the handle of my aunt's bicycle >D....

On a side note: Hey! I have my longest break yet, waiting for my O level results to come out and then applying for the college of my choice, so I still got lotsa time to fiddle about with Nero (I hope)

Soot
12-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Alright, a DMC thread. >D

I'm new to the site, fairly new to cosplay, and I'm hoping to to a DMC 3 Dante costume. I'm not quite sure how I'll manage the whole coat thing. o_o I'll either have to widen the brown strap and bind or bind and cover that with gauze and a bit of fake blood and go with the beat up Dante look.

I'll be ordering the fabric once I figure out how much I need. I can already hear my wallet screaming in pain. ;_;

AVAAntares
12-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Hi, Soot, and welcome! :)

For the DMC 3 costume, you could bind using the open-shirt method (look up the binding thread in the Crossplay forum) and use double-sided dancers' tape to hold the front of the coat in place. Or, if you don't feel comfortable with open-shirt binding, you could cover the binding with foundation or flesh-colored fabric and run the strap over it.

Nefeline
12-09-2007, 04:39 AM
Whew, I finally made some progress in altering my boots (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/DarthBetty/boots.jpg) for Lady. Still not finished, but the first step is done. ^^

Hello DMC thread!

I have a few work in progress pics of Kalina Ann i my gallery.. if that helps..
> http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=69573&member=65025 <
I used a PVC drainpipe, a camping foam mat, pink insulation foam, thin chipboard and TONS of paint. XD.
It came out pretty sturdy but lightweighted.

aBrokenBullet
12-09-2007, 09:54 AM
Whew, I finally made some progress in altering my boots (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/DarthBetty/boots.jpg) for Lady. Still not finished, but the first step is done. ^^

I have a few work in progress pics of Kalina Ann i my gallery.. if that helps..
> http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=69573&member=65025 <
I used a PVC drainpipe, a camping foam mat, pink insulation foam, thin chipboard and TONS of paint. XD.
It came out pretty sturdy but lightweighted.

Dude... that is so awesome O_o
Seriously, you make me so, so jealous

AVAAntares
12-10-2007, 02:34 PM
The boots look very cool so far! Can't wait to see them finished.

Ishotxemnas
12-10-2007, 04:23 PM
@ABrokenBullet, Nefeline.
Thanks so much for sharing this! I can definantly use it. ^^

P.S Have you guys seen Lady in DMC 4, she looks wickedly awesome!

Demosthenes
12-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Um, if you haven't noticed, they ARE doing Lady Devil May cry 4 versions. O,O I think most of us here are doing Devil May Cry 4 cosplays XD

On a side note: Anyone watched the new trailers lately? They uploaded gameplay of dante fighting against this serpentine lady. And a cutscene with gloria fighting! XD

I realized from the cutscene that Nero's Blue Rose gun is bigger than i thought X_X it actually resembles the size of Dante's Ebony and Ivory.
Grah back to the drawing board for the gun part ~_~

Nodion
12-11-2007, 11:19 PM
I'm doing Vergil for 2008. I'm trying to find the boots that he wears. I know they exist cause they've appeared on other characters in other animes so it must be based off of something.

R1KKu
12-13-2007, 01:57 PM
[QUOTE=Nefeline;2199777]Whew, I finally made some progress in altering my boots (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/DarthBetty/boots.jpg) for Lady. Still not finished, but the first step is done. ^^
QUOTE]

Ive gotta ask.. where did you get those boots? Ive been searching hi and low for a pair that'll work.

Has anyone had luck finding pinstripe fabric for DMC 4 Lady? As much as I love her new hairstyle I might just have to stick with making the outfit from 3, unless I can find the fabric. :bigcry:

DarkFujin
12-15-2007, 09:32 AM
Has anyone made Ebony and Ivory yet? I'm going to get the airsofts listed here: http://crimsonsguns.tripod.com/gameguns.html#dante (Colt 1911) but I have no idea how to modify, or even what kind of paint to use that will stick to guns. Any suggestions?

Scoti
12-15-2007, 03:20 PM
I'm doing Vergil for 2008. I'm trying to find the boots that he wears. I know they exist cause they've appeared on other characters in other animes so it must be based off of something.

It's basically a variation of a brown equestrian boot. I've been doing a lot of searching myself and I've yet to see anything accurate unless commissioned.

Nefeline
12-15-2007, 03:43 PM
Ive gotta ask.. where did you get those boots? Ive been searching hi and low for a pair that'll work.

I got a pair of black lace-up boots off Ebay and altered them.
(painted them brown, added the cuffs..)

Has anyone made Ebony and Ivory yet? I'm going to get the airsofts listed here: http://crimsonsguns.tripod.com/gameguns.html#dante (Colt 1911) but I have no idea how to modify, or even what kind of paint to use that will stick to guns. Any suggestions?

I did..
I couldn't find any toy guns similar to Ebony & Ivory, so I just bought the cheapest I found, took them apart and only used the trigger as a base. I made the rest from wood, fimo, cardboard and acrylic paint for the color - until I got something that looks like THAT.. (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1026891) XD

DarkFujin
12-15-2007, 07:26 PM
I did..
I couldn't find any toy guns similar to Ebony & Ivory, so I just bought the cheapest I found, took them apart and only used the trigger as a base. I made the rest from wood, fimo, cardboard and acrylic paint for the color - until I got something that looks like THAT.. (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1026891) XD

That's awesome! Maybe I should try something like that. Hmm... I've never carved wood before so I don't know. ^_^;;

AVAAntares
12-17-2007, 12:36 AM

Before you buy the Airsoft guns, double-check the security regs for the con(s) you're going to attend. A lot of cons prohibit weapons made or modified from any kind of projectile guns, including pellet guns and water guns. Even if it's a modified or nonfunctional Airsoft, it may not be allowed at some cons.

You could try carving the basic gun from insulation foam, and if necessary adding plastic or wood pieces to finish it. Foam is a LOT easier to work with than wood, if you don't have much experience carving, and it's also easier to fix if you mess up. ^_^ (I made my Riza rifle (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1007566) from foam and bits of scavenged junk. It came out pretty well for a first attempt.)

Another source to check for advice would be the Trigun and Hellsing threads, as Ebony and Ivory are not dissimilar to the signature guns of Vash and Alucard. ^_^

DarkFujin
12-17-2007, 02:07 AM
Before you buy the Airsoft guns, double-check the security regs for the con(s) you're going to attend. A lot of cons prohibit weapons made or modified from any kind of projectile guns, including pellet guns and water guns. Even if it's a modified or nonfunctional Airsoft, it may not be allowed at some cons.

You could try carving the basic gun from insulation foam, and if necessary adding plastic or wood pieces to finish it. Foam is a LOT easier to work with than wood, if you don't have much experience carving, and it's also easier to fix if you mess up. ^_^ (I made my Riza rifle (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1007566) from foam and bits of scavenged junk. It came out pretty well for a first attempt.)

Another source to check for advice would be the Trigun and Hellsing threads, as Ebony and Ivory are not dissimilar to the signature guns of Vash and Alucard. ^_^

Thanks. I'll have to go check around the forums of the cons I attend as well as the ones for those other series. Your gun looks pretty cool.

Also, I've never sewn with leather/pleather before. Would any alternative fabric look worse for Dante (any version)? Or do I have to tackle pleather? Any advice for a first-timer sewing pleather before I ruin a bunch of it and waste all my money?

xKyroSx
12-17-2007, 05:47 AM
Heya guys, stumbled across this thread and remembered that after May i'm going to be working on a Vergil cosplay, my original intention being DMC3 version, anyone got any good screens at all of a DMC4 version, if there even are any yet. The official sites are covered in this new guy and Dante so i'm a bit stuck. I assume that Vergil will still have white hair and probably just a better rendered blue coat so should be ok. So yea, future plans are to get this coat, gonna buy it off of the internet from either ebay or cosplaymagic, simply for the fact that me and fabric making, doesn't mix. I will break my machines most likely. Hehe, so yea, thought i'd join the thread :D :D

Archelon
12-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Heya guys, stumbled across this thread and remembered that after May i'm going to be working on a Vergil cosplay, my original intention being DMC3 version, anyone got any good screens at all of a DMC4 version, if there even are any yet. The official sites are covered in this new guy and Dante so i'm a bit stuck. I assume that Vergil will still have white hair and probably just a better rendered blue coat so should be ok. So yea, future plans are to get this coat, gonna buy it off of the internet from either ebay or cosplaymagic, simply for the fact that me and fabric making, doesn't mix. I will break my machines most likely. Hehe, so yea, thought i'd join the thread :D :D

Hiroyuki Kobayashi, the producer of DMC4, has said countless times that Vergil will not make an appearance in DMC4. Sorry.

Blader86
12-23-2007, 03:18 PM
Hey all!

I've searched, searched, and searched again, then figured it would be simpler to ask: Has anyone ever made a Devil Trigger costume? (Any character)

Scoti
12-23-2007, 04:23 PM
Hey all!

I've searched, searched, and searched again, then figured it would be simpler to ask: Has anyone ever made a Devil Trigger costume? (Any character)

I've only seen a version of Vergil's done.
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=858576
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QtoAUgc2aI <-- same Vergil?

AVAAntares
12-23-2007, 07:17 PM

My sister and I are planning a pair of Trish (DMC2) costumes, one normal and one Devil Trigger. We're experimenting with EL wire to make the glowing purple lightning. ^_^

Blader86
12-23-2007, 09:39 PM
Thanks Scoti.

Maybe I should have asked if anyone's made a good Devil Trigger Costume. I don't think I'd get any worthwhile advice from that person.

Lightning aye? Sounds awesome. Where do you get this wire from, AVAAntares?

While I'm being annoying asking for stuff, is this the right place to request reference pics? I need some high quality snaps of Vergil in his Beowulf Devil Trigger.

Thanks much, guys and girls!

Scoti
12-23-2007, 10:50 PM
Thanks Scoti.

Maybe I should have asked if anyone's made a good Devil Trigger Costume. I don't think I'd get any worthwhile advice from that person.

While I'm being annoying asking for stuff, is this the right place to request reference pics? I need some high quality snaps of Vergil in his Beowulf Devil Trigger.

Thanks much, guys and girls!

(Yes it's an example but I wouldn't critique too much. This person has an active account here and might see that.... but that's just my opinion)

I've been pretty up to date on Vergil media but I haven't seen anyone take many DT vergil screenshots. Any clear shots of the Beowulf DT is rare too.

http://nelo-angelo.org/media/official/12.jpg <-- CG model

Blader86
12-26-2007, 08:58 PM
(Yes it's an example but I wouldn't critique too much. This person has an active account here and might see that.... but that's just my opinion)

I've been pretty up to date on Vergil media but I haven't seen anyone take many DT vergil screenshots. Any clear shots of the Beowulf DT is rare too.

http://nelo-angelo.org/media/official/12.jpg <-- CG model

Point taken. If the person sees that, I'll use contructive criticism instead of just being negative. Though, let's face it - some creations on this site are done well, others not so well.

Thanks for the CG model, btw.

DarkFujin
12-27-2007, 12:33 PM
Point taken. If the person sees that, I'll use contructive criticism instead of just being negative. Though, let's face it - some creations on this site are done well, others not so well.

Thanks for the CG model, btw.

Yeah, we all have our bad costumes. I'm not ashamed to admit it. I've done some really bad costumes before, some I'm too embarrassed to post here but thought were amazing at the time. That user does have some good costumes though.

Oh and I may be slow on this, but have you guys seen this yet? http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29122.html

Scoti
12-27-2007, 01:19 PM
Oh and I may be slow on this, but have you guys seen this yet? http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29122.html

I haven't seen it thanks.

Seriously Capcom, the Yamato clips and blue motifs are screaming Vergil again and yet they keep telling everyone he's not going to be there. I really hate the suspense XD.

DarkFujin
12-27-2007, 02:10 PM
I haven't seen it thanks.

Seriously Capcom, the Yamato clips and blue motifs are screaming Vergil again and yet they keep telling everyone he's not going to be there. I really hate the suspense XD.

XD Seriously. They keep showing Yamato and Nero seems to be possessed by Vergil or something, yet they keep saying Vergil won't be in it. Maybe he'll indirectly play a part in it. I can't wait for this game though.

Link_Harkanian
12-27-2007, 02:16 PM
Something to remember about Yamato is that it was passed to Vergil from SPARDA, and the first time we saw it was for the Sparda mode in DMC1. Plus, the demon aura looks nothing like Nero Angelo, and the producers had said repeatedly "Vergil is not in the game". And no, he didn't die in DMC1, he just lost his mind and vanished. Notice that every other demon breaks apart when they died, but Nero Angelo used an overdose of his teleport.

AVAAntares
12-27-2007, 05:00 PM

There are a zillion and one places to get it -- just drop "EL wire" or "electroluminescent wire" into Google -- but I bought my last batch from extremeglow.com (http://extremeglow.com/) (horrible website, but the prices aren't too bad). You can also find EL tape, which is flat, and sheets of EL plastic, which can be cut and shaped into different forms. It's fun stuff. ^_^

Here's a simple glowing halo I made recently using the EL wire: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1356389

Scoti
12-27-2007, 05:09 PM
Something to remember about Yamato is that it was passed to Vergil from SPARDA, and the first time we saw it was for the Sparda mode in DMC1.

True but once it was given to Vergil he kept it with him right to the very end of DMC3 leaving only force edge behind. Besides an unlockable "Sparda" mode for Dante it wasn't important in DMC1 while DMC2 didn't have it at all . It was also never mentioned that Yamato had any summon abilities or can open gates of some sort so it would be interesting to see how this puzzle fits. I'd also like to know how and when Dante ended up with it, I guess that was the item that was stolen from him towards the beginning of the game? AAAHHH unanswered questions!!!!

Something cosplay related ---> Vergil progress is slow but getting there :/ I got a ridiculous amount of embroidery floss for the vine pattern.

DarkFujin
12-27-2007, 07:18 PM
Besides an unlockable "Sparda" mode for Dante it wasn't important in DMC1

Exactly what I was going to say. A simple sprite swap doesn't have anything to do with the plot.

As for Vergil not being in the game, as I said he might not be in the game, but he could still be important. We might never see him, but he could still indirectly play a part (because of his sword or something else).

As for cosplay, I'm still trying to decide what to do about material for Dante's coat. I've never worked with leather/pleather before. Is it necessary for Dante? Would anything else look good, or should I get some scraps of pleather and practice? I don't want to spend a bunch of money for pleather only to mess it up or break my machine, but at the same time I guess I'll never learn if I never try.

Demosthenes
12-27-2007, 07:21 PM
Well the official japanese website said that the blue demonic figure which surrounded Nero was in fact his "devil trigger" which is weird because......ain't Nero human? And from the newest trailer, it appeared that Nero seemed to have been experimented by Agnus because he was forcibly restrained with swords plunged into both his arms and Agnus sword was plunged into his stomach (ouch.... >,<)

I have a feeling Nero might lose his mind :/ Maybe the stress of losing Kyrie and a demon possesing him might get to him. Poor Nero.

Progress on Nero has really been slow too @____@ at this rate he might debut only in 09 or something. Pah.

Still trying to get my hands on that casting product to make Nero's arm, though no sellers are interested in helping me get my hands on it. >:

DarkFujin
12-28-2007, 12:31 AM
Well the official japanese website said that the blue demonic figure which surrounded Nero was in fact his "devil trigger" which is weird because......ain't Nero human? And from the newest trailer, it appeared that Nero seemed to have been experimented by Agnus because he was forcibly restrained with swords plunged into both his arms and Agnus sword was plunged into his stomach (ouch.... >,<)

I have a feeling Nero might lose his mind :/ Maybe the stress of losing Kyrie and a demon possesing him might get to him. Poor Nero.

Progress on Nero has really been slow too @____@ at this rate he might debut only in 09 or something. Pah.

Still trying to get my hands on that casting product to make Nero's arm, though no sellers are interested in helping me get my hands on it. >:

Wasn't there a trailer where Dante and Nero made some exchange like "you're not human, are you?" "neither are you..."? I don't remember. lol. But he could turn into a demon after he gets experimented on or something. I don't know, I'm just making stuff up now I guess.

And awwwww, sorry to hear about your costume being delayed. I would love to see it when you're done though. How are you making the arm?

AVAAntares
12-29-2007, 04:47 AM
As for cosplay, I'm still trying to decide what to do about material for Dante's coat. I've never worked with leather/pleather before. Is it necessary for Dante? Would anything else look good, or should I get some scraps of pleather and practice? I don't want to spend a bunch of money for pleather only to mess it up or break my machine, but at the same time I guess I'll never learn if I never try.

You can find vinyl or pleather pretty cheap if you shop around, but DEFINITELY do some research on your sewing machine model before committing to make anything with it. Most average household sewing machines aren't meant to stitch through heavy-duty materials like leather. Unless you have a powerful machine that is designed to handle layers of denim, canvas or leather, you'll want to stick to lighter-weight fabrics or really thin pleather (you can get it in various thicknesses, just like vinyl).

I don't think Dante's coat necessarily has to be in a leather-type material to look good. (Personally, I'd rather see it done in a good matte fabric than in cheap, shiny vinyl.) Take a camera to the fabric store and see how the various fabrics photograph under flash. Maybe you can find something that looks kind of leathery, but isn't. Moleskin is one of my favorites -- it's easy to work with, has a gorgeous texture under camera, and is regularly on sale at JoAnn for $5/yd. :D

DarkFujin
12-29-2007, 11:54 AM
You can find vinyl or pleather pretty cheap if you shop around, but DEFINITELY do some research on your sewing machine model before committing to make anything with it. Most average household sewing machines aren't meant to stitch through heavy-duty materials like leather. Unless you have a powerful machine that is designed to handle layers of denim, canvas or leather, you'll want to stick to lighter-weight fabrics or really thin pleather (you can get it in various thicknesses, just like vinyl).

I don't think Dante's coat necessarily has to be in a leather-type material to look good. (Personally, I'd rather see it done in a good matte fabric than in cheap, shiny vinyl.) Take a camera to the fabric store and see how the various fabrics photograph under flash. Maybe you can find something that looks kind of leathery, but isn't. Moleskin is one of my favorites -- it's easy to work with, has a gorgeous texture under camera, and is regularly on sale at JoAnn for $5/yd. :D

Thanks for the advice! I'll do some research. Thank you. :)

Nefeline
01-05-2008, 05:55 PM
A little update on my DMC 4 Lady boots (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1369708), if anyone is interested.

Archelon
01-06-2008, 12:14 PM
For anyone who would like to get a jumpstart on cosplaying Dante's Devil Trigger from DMC4, I found some screencaps of it from the latest trailer. It looks like Kazuma Kaneko's work, which is... unfortunate. Oh well, at least it's better than the awful DT designs from DMC3.

http://www.freeimagehost.eu/image/1e331f1968024

http://www.freeimagehost.eu/image/d8d1911968025

Link_Harkanian
01-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Actually, it looks more like a fusion of some aspects of DMC3's DT with DMC2's devil form, which most people actually liked. I for one am glad they brought ithe DMC2 Devil Trigger back and updated it, since that's the one I was building my DT costume around.

Archelon
01-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Actually, it looks more like a fusion of some aspects of DMC3's DT with DMC2's devil form, which most people actually liked. I for one am glad they brought ithe DMC2 Devil Trigger back and updated it, since that's the one I was building my DT costume around.

Well, I guess, at least, it doesn't have gatling gun hands. *facepalm*

karmacoma
01-07-2008, 08:52 PM
I'm considering doing either Nero or DMC1 Dante this year. Problem is, prior to this, my only cosplay experience is a mediocre Squall and Speed Racer. ;p
Dante's outfit looks.. annoying to make, for my lack of sewing skills, let alone sewing leather. I've always wanted to cosplay him though, since playing the first Devil May Cry in 2001. Nero looks easier as a WHOLE, but his vest terrifies me. Like, at least his coat is cloth, so aside from adding the emblem to his outer shoulders, and the leather around the breast, it seems relatively easy. But the way his vest/hoodie is made in strips of red leather, with perfect cross stitching.. that'll take a lot of effort. And his WEAPONS! The devil arm, his revolver and sword. I may be tackling more than I can handle, but I'm really going to try my best. If I can't have it completed by AX this year, at least I'll have a decent start for next year.

phantomthief
01-07-2008, 09:00 PM
I figured I might as well jump on the bandwagon before this topic gets to 50+ pages (Curse you Trinity Blood...).

I'll be cosplaying Vergil from DMC3 eventually... As soon as I can settle on a material... O_o

I've looked at a variety of silks (since Vergil is spiffy like that and I don't want another vinyl costume for a while >.<) and I'm caught among a red/blue fire shot silk (It's made of both red and blue threads, so it looks either color depending on the angle), a bright turquoise, and a dark blue.

The red/blue because it's just too cool and the whole red Vergil thing in DMC3 just tickled me, the turquoise would match the CG render, and the Dark blue would match more in-game and the manga look (not to mention I love the dark blue/silver/gold color scheme)

Darn you Vergil :P

~Ari-chan

Demosthenes
01-08-2008, 02:47 AM
I'm considering doing either Nero or DMC1 Dante this year. Problem is, prior to this, my only cosplay experience is a mediocre Squall and Speed Racer. ;p
Dante's outfit looks.. annoying to make, for my lack of sewing skills, let alone sewing leather. I've always wanted to cosplay him though, since playing the first Devil May Cry in 2001. Nero looks easier as a WHOLE, but his vest terrifies me. Like, at least his coat is cloth, so aside from adding the emblem to his outer shoulders, and the leather around the breast, it seems relatively easy. But the way his vest/hoodie is made in strips of red leather, with perfect cross stitching.. that'll take a lot of effort. And his WEAPONS! The devil arm, his revolver and sword. I may be tackling more than I can handle, but I'm really going to try my best. If I can't have it completed by AX this year, at least I'll have a decent start for next year.

First off: YAY A (POTENTIAL) NERO COSPLAYER! 8D

I'm doing Nero too and I'm definitely wanting to do the Arm, revolver and sword also. Check the previous pages of this thread. Link_Harkanian kindly linked a site which has tutorials of making tight fitting bio-armour, you might want to check it out. Lights for his glowig demon hand would be done using LED lights.

And yes the vest scares me also (admittedly) But for mine, I'm using a base vest and sewing the strips of the cloth on it (so it looks like the vest is just comprised of strips of cloth but it actually isn't. Still in the process of making it though.

If I'm not mistaken, I also linked the symbols used by the order of the sword which is present on Nero's clothes in the back pages of the thread. So there goes the reference pics for those parts too.

Well least we dont have to sweat over Nero's pants. They're pretty basic and simple, though the boots do need some modifying of buckles and bootcovers too.

Hope that helps XD Nero needs more love.

Link_Harkanian
01-08-2008, 12:02 PM
Eventually I'll be working on the Devil Bringer arm for my own Nero, so once that gets underway, I'll throw out the basics of how it's going. As to the vest, I think you're idea works for a goo basics start, Demo, probably what I'll be using, though do remember that the hood of his outfit is attached to the vest and not the coat.

Hey, if all works out right, we might end up running into each other at a con and have the Dante vs Nero showdown. ^^

Spooky: DMC1 Dante's coat actually, after the DMC3 revision, looks to be a canvas type due to the texture and flow mechanics. Using a cloth or canvas type fabric would be better for the first one or two tries, it's what I did with my coat and vest. DMC1 Dante is actually easier than Nero would be, since not much of the outfit would be leather, and there's not a lot of complicated design. The vest is rather simple, you can modify it from a basic vest pattern.

Phantom: I say go with the dark blue from the game, it's considered the more official coloring as opposed to the first CG Render. All other renders use the dark blue instead of turquoise as all.

karmacoma
01-09-2008, 02:33 AM
Hmm. You are right about the DMC3 rendition of the original outfit looking less shiny. It might be cloth after all. Thanks!

I'll check out the bioarmor link later as well. It's kind of late now, so I'll do it first thing tomorrow.
You've both been very helpful. ;D

Cilo
01-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Does anyone have any really good screenshots or pictures of Lady's Bazooka? :)

Also, Nefeline, those are some rad boots. How'd you make it look like that?

Link_Harkanian
01-09-2008, 08:48 PM
I got a couple high res pics of Lady, that's the best I can offer. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/Shinigami_Sama/Morningstar_DMC/228-142-l.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/Shinigami_Sama/Morningstar_DMC/DMC_SSBB_Lady.jpg

Also, new for fellow Dantes. Start cracking out the katanas, people, Dante is now officially a wielder of the Yamato and Dark Slayer style!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/Shinigami_Sama/Morningstar_DMC/228-142-l.jpg

phantomthief
01-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Also, new for fellow Dantes. Start cracking out the katanas, people, Dante is now officially a wielder of the Yamato and Dark Slayer style!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/Shinigami_Sama/Morningstar_DMC/228-142-l.jpg

Jerk of a brother!!! Stop stealing my poor Yamato!

Anywho, dark blue it is! Next question if you don't mind...!
Speaking of Yamato, I bought a lovely katana with the white saya wrap for Vergil, but since that happened, the main con that I go to banned any sort of prop metal katana, even if the pieces are zip tied together (which they've allowed in the past).

I don't mind doing detail work (painting and minor sanding) and I can wrap the saya myself, but has anyone seen a wooden/plastic katana replica that's actually in the right proportion? (Bokkens are way too thick and plastic toy ones are... really silly looking...)
Otherwise I'll have to check out Featherweight's tutorial, I suppose.

For a little while, I was considering Beowulf instead, but I'd rather have Verg with his trademark weapon first ;)

~Ari-chan

Link_Harkanian
01-12-2008, 12:19 AM

Hey hey! The Order stole it first, I'm just taking back what rightfully belongs in the family! =P

phantomthief
01-12-2008, 12:22 AM
Hey hey! The Order stole it first, I'm just taking back what rightfully belongs in the family! =P

Yeah, but you don't have to... y'know... use it. You'll get it all dirty. If it ends up smelling like pizza, I swear...

Link_Harkanian
01-12-2008, 12:34 AM
Better me than some lousy normal human. ~_o

BTW, I will have a Yamato with my Dante costumes, so if you ever feel like doing a DMC3 style weapons flip. ~_o

Demosthenes
01-12-2008, 01:22 AM

But the people in the order want to worship Sparda sekritly or something

Not that I really care XD

Its funny how Nero's weapon hand switches when he uses the White Katana eh?

Link_Harkanian
01-12-2008, 01:41 AM
Actually, the Devil Bringer's aura uses the Yamato more than Nero really will from the looks of the screenshots, and Dante does use it in game, along with Vergil's Dark Slayer Style.

Demosthenes
01-12-2008, 01:58 AM
True. Its like Nero holds his red queen on his left hand and his Devil Aura carries the yamato on its right arm. How efficient. Like a scissor-like motion =x

Oh yeah :/ are the feathers appearing all over Nero when he "awakens" symbolic?

Blader86
01-13-2008, 06:21 PM

Anywho, dark blue it is! Next question if you don't mind...!
Speaking of Yamato, I bought a lovely katana with the white saya wrap for Vergil, but since that happened, the main con that I go to banned any sort of prop metal katana, even if the pieces are zip tied together (which they've allowed in the past).

I don't mind doing detail work (painting and minor sanding) and I can wrap the saya myself, but has anyone seen a wooden/plastic katana replica that's actually in the right proportion? (Bokkens are way too thick and plastic toy ones are... really silly looking...)
Otherwise I'll have to check out Featherweight's tutorial, I suppose.

For a little while, I was considering Beowulf instead, but I'd rather have Verg with his trademark weapon first ;)

~Ari-chan

Thermo-form two halves of a real katana and scabbard in perspex, then glue them together? That's what I'm doing - since in New Zealand they won't even allow wooden weapons into cons.

Also a good way to make the custom Tsuba. Just a thought.

Demosthenes
01-19-2008, 08:37 AM
Dante's Devil Trigger is OUUUUUT!

Devil Trigger (http://www.capcom.co.jp/devil4/images/character/cg_dante_dt.jpg)

Fireheart Storm
01-19-2008, 09:40 AM
Yeah, but you don't have to... y'know... use it. You'll get it all dirty. If it ends up smelling like pizza, I swear...

I'm sure he'll use it to cut the pizza any ways :D

I need to start making plans to start Kyrie, I have all these refrence shots, and boots, but not much else has been done for her thanks to school and learning to drive.... (please, if you're in SoCal be VERY careful, I'm not the best driver yet :bigcry: )

hm...now to pick pick out patterns for her..... :sunburn:

Oh man, some one has to do Devil trigger, it's SO cool!!! @@

Link_Harkanian
01-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Devil Trigger has been on my list for a LONG time! Now I just need a good back view...time to tap my friend Vara for getting a body cast done...

Demosthenes
01-19-2008, 07:00 PM
Fireheart>> Whoo Kyrie! XD Gd'luck on the dress!
Link>> Could I trouble you on a guide for body casting? (or limb casting, any would be nice) The bioweapons site is down and I couldn't access it.

*wishes he lives in America now so he could have a DMC Shoot T^T*

Link_Harkanian
01-20-2008, 12:12 AM
Once I get it done, I will throw you a line on it.
Fireheart: If I ever bring my planned Nero to a SoCal con...this will get interesting. ^^

phantomthief
01-20-2008, 03:44 AM
*whistles*

Looks like Dante got stuck in a room with the Gankutsuou character designers... In a good way (he didn't end up looking like a pirate, at least... If any gets that reference, you get a cookie)

Definately an awesome design. Can't wait to see if/how people put this one together...

~Ari-chan

Fireheart Storm
01-20-2008, 08:32 AM
Link: Do it! Kyrie need a Nero D: (don't forget the head phones to ignor preacher people like in that trailer XD just what is he listening to?)

Ari: You mean like, Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo???

Demosthenes: I wish you where here to man, that would be EPIC.

Link_Harkanian
01-20-2008, 11:33 AM
My bet is that Nero is listening to a recording of Kyrie's singing. The downside is that I'm in Texas now, so making a SoCal con would be pricey...but, here's hoping!

Fireheart Storm
01-20-2008, 01:17 PM
My bet is that Nero is listening to a recording of Kyrie's singing. The downside is that I'm in Texas now, so making a SoCal con would be pricey...but, here's hoping!

XD I wish I could make it down to Texas... hm... a good friend has family in Texas.... *plots*

I was sapoused to go fabric shoping today for Kyrie, but now I have to go and see a movie. Not in a good mood today, so I'm scared I'm gunna bite my family's head off. *headdesk* Why did I way I would go?

edit:
And now my refrence photo's just disapered off my computer! Quick, I need some thing to shoot ><

AVAAntares
01-22-2008, 03:53 PM
*whistles*

Looks like Dante got stuck in a room with the Gankutsuou character designers... In a good way (he didn't end up looking like a pirate, at least... If any gets that reference, you get a cookie)

/laugh/

Well, considering I've done two full sets of Gankutsuou costumes and cosplayed Haydée for four years... YAY! I got a cookie! XD

Now, see, Dante as a pirate would be an interesting switch. Why didn't they try Pirate Dante for this game, instead of Cowboy Dante? Pirates are big right now... ^_^

Link_Harkanian
01-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Capcom has a thing for cowboys. Kevin and Rebecca from RE both had cowboy/cowgirl alt outfits, so it was only a matter of time for Dante.

Though, now you've got me adding "Pirate!Dante" to my list of spoof costumes, right up there with Ninja!Link and the "Captain Jack meets Captain Morgan" skit

y2kenjination
01-23-2008, 07:10 PM
So...it looks like I'll be cosplaying as Nero for this years Sakura con. Any suggestions on the gun? Sakura con has some pretty strict policies on guns, so buying an airsoft gun that they'll disable permanently would be rather pointless. I wonder if there are any cheap replicas out there? Here's what Nero's gun looks like:

http://www.pspsps.tv/DMC4_001_Nero_01.jpg

Looks like a Colt revolver, but bigger. I ended up buying a Vash Trigun replica gun:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:11&Item=360016462591

I'm trying to find something of a higher quality...Oh, and if anyone in the Seattle area is interested in joining me for some DMC cosplay, then let me know!

Demosthenes
01-30-2008, 05:47 PM
I'm not sure if anyone has seen this before but THIS (http://www.betrayerbetrayed.com) site, under the videos section, features live action versions of Dante and Nero! (though you can't see their faces which is kind of crappy)

But their costumes and props sure does look good.

AVAAntares
01-30-2008, 06:44 PM
I watched the Dante vs. Nero video. Looks like Dante's insurance agent is going to have another big claim.

Speaking of live-action Dante videos... does anyone have a copy of the original DMC live-action TV spot that had Dante falling?

KittyCatChi
01-31-2008, 05:32 PM
Just finished looking at the vid recently posted in the Return of Trish and Lady thread and I need some second opinions....for Trish's top where that large lightning bolt shape is I realized it's actually see-through where I thought were white stripes ...is this right? A friend suggested I use pantyhose for the see-through strips and draw black lines down but that would stretch way too much so I figure maybe sticking it to clear vinyl to support it would be good...if anyone has any better ideas i'd really appreciate it >.<

Link_Harkanian
01-31-2008, 08:22 PM
My advise would be some kind of sheer fabric, and then go from there. You have to remember, sometimes these outfits are not designed with realworld physics in mind...

AVAAntares
01-31-2008, 08:23 PM
Just finished looking at the vid recently posted in the Return of Trish and Lady thread and I need some second opinions....for Trish's top where that large lightning bolt shape is I realized it's actually see-through where I thought were white stripes ...is this right? A friend suggested I use pantyhose for the see-through strips and draw black lines down but that would stretch way too much so I figure maybe sticking it to clear vinyl to support it would be good...if anyone has any better ideas i'd really appreciate it >.<

It's mimicking the lightning bolt cut-out from the first costume, so it's a transparent mesh inset. The fabric in the inset has a visible vertical grain, as well, so if you didn't want to use transparent material, you could get by with a flesh-tone fabric with narrow black lines on it.

The black line down the center is actually a zipper, so you may want to take that into your design considerations -- the fabric you use for the inset needs to be able to take stress and hold strong stitching (i.e., pantyhose would NOT be a good idea here!). Rather than vinyl, which will stretch and reflect shiny in photos, you might want to use some heavy-duty dance material or some other strong matte fabric. I would suggest fitting the leather and inset exactly to your figure, using non-stretchy material, but add some heavy-duty Lycra or Spandex fabric in sections along the sides or back of the bustier to allow for breathing room. If you look at most commercial zip-up bustiers (such as those sold at Wilson's Leather, etc.), they will have leather on the front, and elastic panels on the sides or back to hold the bustier in place.

Are you going to have plastic or steel boning in the bodice? That will also affect the structural stability and rigidity of the bustier. Also, how are you planning on reinforcing the edges of the lightning bolt shape?

We're planning a DMC1 Trish for sometime in the future, so I'll be interested to see how yours progresses! :)

KittyCatChi
01-31-2008, 10:13 PM
I'm only able to get plastic boning from JoAnns, but I think i'll be making another trip there to get something sturdy for the inset part and just go with something fleshtone (especially since my dad's going to the con i'm bringing this to so the less awkward the better lol). I haven't actually made a full-on bodice/corset for myself before(worked on some at my costume shop but just basic ones) so i'm trying to get as much info as possible before I start and do some test ones too so I don't blow it on what fabric I have for Trish @_@ i'm glad I saw the new video though since it showed that she had it laced up in the back. For the edges of the lightning bolt I think i'll just cut some shorter pieces of boning and sew them along it, and then have full long ones as close as possible.

I was going to do embroidery on at least her pants but now seeing how much more detailed it is than I thought from the older screens i've changed my mind O_o I'm hoping fabric paint works on black vinyl since sharpies sure as hell don't >.<
Thank you for the advice it's really helpful ^.^

ballet shoes
02-01-2008, 04:35 PM
I'm eyeing Nero . . . . but I have a whole load of stuff to finish first. I've always wanted to cosplay Dante but I really don't think I could pull it off.

Demosthenes
02-02-2008, 07:13 AM
I'm kind of bemoaning the fact that I came across THIS (http://www.denverfabrics.com/Cart/catalog_itemdetail.aspx?ItmID=HH470) rather accurate colour and fabric for Nero's coat BUT! IT HAS THIS UGLY SNAKESKIN PATCH THING OVER THE DAMNED THING ARGH.

Edit: I came across another fabric. (http://www.denverfabrics.com/cart/catalog_itemdetail.aspx?ItmID=359) Opinions on the second fabric? =D
Second Edit: OH MY GAWD SOMEBODY DID A NERO. ITS ON COSPLAY.COM

Link_Harkanian
02-03-2008, 03:38 AM
Something I've noticed about most, if not all, notable Nero cosplayers so far. The coat is never the right color. It's not blue or black, it's actually purple, like Sparda's only a deeper color.

phantomthief
02-03-2008, 04:44 AM
Or it might be the amazing color-changing coat of death... *pokes Vergil*
On all the magazine spots I've seen, it's definatey dark blue. In-game trailers, however... I really can't tell in the slightest!

Demosthenes: *gasp!* The color is really good on that first one... Snakeskin though... XD Well, it's Dante-ish if nothing else... As for the second one, is that the correct link? It's... grey.

For Nero's gun... Kya! You bought the happy clicky Vash gun! But I agree, probably not the best for Nero. Most accurately, I'd suggest tracking down a Single Action Army 1:1 replica (they run about $50-60). Those things are 11-13 long and aren't too terribly hard to modify. I had to track down a pair for my (still in progress) Ocelot cosplay from MGS3, but upon a little testing I discovered they're too bloody big for me. (I'm tiny) But for Nero's gun, I think it'd be the perfect base.

~Ari-chan

Demosthenes
02-03-2008, 06:24 AM
Or it might be the amazing color-changing coat of death... *pokes Vergil*
On all the magazine spots I've seen, it's definatey dark blue. In-game trailers, however... I really can't tell in the slightest!

Demosthenes: *gasp!* The color is really good on that first one... Snakeskin though... XD Well, it's Dante-ish if nothing else... As for the second one, is that the correct link? It's... grey.

For Nero's gun... Kya! You bought the happy clicky Vash gun! But I agree, probably not the best for Nero. Most accurately, I'd suggest tracking down a Single Action Army 1:1 replica (they run about $50-60). Those things are 11-13 long and aren't too terribly hard to modify. I had to track down a pair for my (still in progress) Ocelot cosplay from MGS3, but upon a little testing I discovered they're too bloody big for me. (I'm tiny) But for Nero's gun, I think it'd be the perfect base.

~Ari-chan

I know! Everyone says the same exact thing for the first cloth T_T The second however is really way off now that I just realized after I sleepily posted it *sighs*

Don't suppose they have the fabric without the snakeskin texture to it? X____X

Link_Harkanian
02-03-2008, 11:58 AM
I have the high-rez renders and have several very high-grade videos, the coat is more consistently purple in steady lighting. He's wearing the colors of Dante(red vest), Vergil(blue pants), and Sparda(purple coat), after all. It's a deeper purple than Sparda's but after all the color comparisons I've done, it's much closer to purple than to blue. To each their own though, and I admit, dark blue for the costume coat is better than black.

Illius
02-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Hey everyone!Thank god i found this kind of thread XD,i'm also doing a devil may cry cosplay!I'm doing Nero too,but i need a little help.Do any of you know any sites or anything that can give me a pattern thats close to what Nero's coat looks like T-T?P.S-What would be the best material for his vest,coat,and pants :3?

Link_Harkanian
02-04-2008, 01:06 AM
Pants and Vest; pleather or leather, if you can afford it. Wit the coat, it's hard to tell, since wit the high-res renders, it has an odd cross-weave texture to it, implicating something like canvas. as to a pattern...that's the trouble with some of these costumes. there typically is no pattern other than the artwork and CG renders.

Illius
02-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Thanks that helps alot actually ^_^!

AVAAntares
02-04-2008, 07:58 PM
I was going to do embroidery on at least her pants but now seeing how much more detailed it is than I thought from the older screens i've changed my mind O_o I'm hoping fabric paint works on black vinyl since sharpies sure as hell don't >.<

I can guarantee that fabric paint will peel off of vinyl. (I use fabric paint to make my prosthetic skin appliqués precisely because it DOES peel off so easily.) Embroidery or stitching of some kind would be the best for her costume, but if you're worried about the complexity, maybe you could just simplify the design so it gives the right impression, but doesn't take you 8,000 hours to embroider?

There is also vinyl paint, but I'm not sure how reliable it would be on something that has to flex that much, nor do I know how easy it is to do detail with... :(

AVAAntares
02-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Hey everyone!Thank god i found this kind of thread XD,i'm also doing a devil may cry cosplay!I'm doing Nero too,but i need a little help.Do any of you know any sites or anything that can give me a pattern thats close to what Nero's coat looks like T-T?P.S-What would be the best material for his vest,coat,and pants :3?

Just looking at the first picture of Nero I can find on a Google Image search (I don't have the costume details memorized like some people here)... ^_^ You might try McCall's 4154 for his coat. It's out of print, sadly (though you can find it online), but it is the BEST commercial cosplay pattern ever. We've modified that base pattern into probably ten completely different costume pieces, from Ed Elric's red coat to the Count's jacket from Gankutsuou.

Nero has some weird seams in his coat, but that one at least should give you the right basic shape to work from.

KittyCatChi
02-04-2008, 09:06 PM
I can guarantee that fabric paint will peel off of vinyl. (I use fabric paint to make my prosthetic skin appliqués precisely because it DOES peel off so easily.) Embroidery or stitching of some kind would be the best for her costume, but if you're worried about the complexity, maybe you could just simplify the design so it gives the right impression, but doesn't take you 8,000 hours to embroider?

There is also vinyl paint, but I'm not sure how reliable it would be on something that has to flex that much, nor do I know how easy it is to do detail with... :(

I tested a couple of days ago and it does work, but it's not store bought fabric paint. What I did was mix various acrylic paints(silver and gray) with textile medium. I tried scratching and stretching the test fabric like crazy and the paint won't peel at all =) i'm going to try and start painting the pants tonight so hopefully i'll have some progress pics up soon. Stupid Capcom was being sneaky in her design D= if you look at her spoiler video she has a lightning bolt zipper underneath her armguard, and I think I barely saw two more on her boots in her full body shot T___T when they said they could add more detail to the outfits now they weren't kidding :eeek:

AVAAntares
02-07-2008, 05:32 PM
I tested a couple of days ago and it does work, but it's not store bought fabric paint. What I did was mix various acrylic paints(silver and gray) with textile medium. I tried scratching and stretching the test fabric like crazy and the paint won't peel at all =)

Oh, that's a good idea! Let us know how it holds up to con wear, if you wouldn't mind. I paint a lot of shoes and boots for costumes, so I'm always looking for new methods. :)

Stupid Capcom was being sneaky in her design D= if you look at her spoiler video she has a lightning bolt zipper underneath her armguard, and I think I barely saw two more on her boots in her full body shot T___T when they said they could add more detail to the outfits now they weren't kidding :eeek:

I saw the lightning bolt zipper tab on the front of her bustier, but I didn't know they were on her boots as well! Yay for little details that drive cosplayers crazy. ^_^

I guess the thread is quiet because everyone's so busy playing DMC4... I haven't found any place locally that carries the PC version, though... :lost: <-- (doesn't have a 360 or PS3)

vamphunterx
02-07-2008, 05:35 PM
Man, I'm so glad there is a thread for the DMC cosplayers and fans. I'm currently planning stuff for a Nero costume, can't wait to make Red Queen and the Devil Bringer.

Raiji Magiwind
02-07-2008, 05:54 PM
I'm actually looking to potentially do a DMC cosplay for AWA this year, though I am doing my own search for decent images, I'm still looking for some decent shots of Virgil from DMC 3 to use for reference so any help would be appreciated, as well as recommendations for parts of the costume...

KittyCatChi
02-08-2008, 12:36 AM
I'm actually looking to potentially do a DMC cosplay for AWA this year, though I am doing my own search for decent images, I'm still looking for some decent shots of Virgil from DMC 3 to use for reference so any help would be appreciated, as well as recommendations for parts of the costume...

http://devils-lair.org/wallpaper.php

This is the best place that I know of. Start with the two Vergil shots at the top in the wallpapers =) and there's screensnaps galore lol the cosplay gallery is pretty huge too if you want to see what other Vergil cosplayers have done ^.^ even try the forums if you need extra help for pictures.

AVAAntares: will do =3 i've checked the paint as often as I can and it's still going strong, I think i'm more worried about the pants I made ripping during our skit at this point :crylaugh:

I got the special edition for PS3 but I don't have a PS3...yet. Watched and looked at all of the extra stuff though and I have to say it was disappointing other than getting the anime...the artbook is more like a little story book with screensnaps that everyone has already seen from the game:mad:

Link_Harkanian
02-08-2008, 12:50 AM
Hey, it has weapons details for Red Queen and Blue Rose. That's good enough for me for being a free artbook I got two copies of. And I too am in the "dont have Ps3...yet" boat.

KittyCatChi
02-08-2008, 02:18 AM
Hey, it has weapons details for Red Queen and Blue Rose. That's good enough for me for being a free artbook I got two copies of. And I too am in the "dont have Ps3...yet" boat.

That's true, it'll be a great help to the Nero cosplayers =3 every possible angle you could need is in it lol

Demosthenes
02-08-2008, 06:23 AM
I guess the thread is quiet because everyone's so busy playing DMC4... I haven't found any place locally that carries the PC version, though... :lost: <-- (doesn't have a 360 or PS3)

PC version's slated to be released in April D8, which is a rather long way to go. I'll probably get the PC version. No PS3 or Xbox 360 for me too $___$ And woe my parents; they don't support my gaming habits so even though I am able to get a console, I'll have to answer to my parents @.@

And wow so many Nero cosplayers jumping into the bandwagon. Surprisingly DMC isn't that big here in my country, and judging from the local cosplaying scene here, no one has plans to make Nero.

I'm taking my time to get down every itty bitty detail of Nero searching for high-rez scans and watching the spoiler trailers. Admittedly there is more to Nero than I thought there would be @____@

LUCKY! D= Here I am squinting at videos. And I'm still struggling with the coat colour.

On the good side, I managed to coerce a friend to do DMC 4 Dante Version! So I can have a Dante to have a brawl with. Hur hur hur.

ballet shoes
02-08-2008, 09:40 AM
I'm half way through the game so far and its so awsome! When I get round to it I must at least make a decent stab at a Nero cosplay!

Shawnzy
02-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Hey everyone, just stoppin in to give a slight update on my DMC4 Dante.

I have already acquired the pants, chaps, gloves, and under shirt. I am currently working on the coat as well as the straps and buckles. (Having a professional friend aide as much as possible with the coat.) Still lookin around for some boots, wanted to try and find some with the little bit of stitching on them, but no luck. Still workin out how to get the other boot accessory (either buy or make, not having much luck on those) Other than those things it's comming along nicely.

Now prop-wise, I'm going for 2 different props. I've decided to pass on Ebony and Ivory, just don't feel like making them before Anime Expo (If I have time...then maybe I will, but as of now, it's a no) So my main two props/weapons will be Rebellion (of course) and I'm going to attempt Pandora.

For Rebellion, I'm making a new one cause I hate my old one. This time I'd like to use some kinda actual metal for it, so I'll look into it. (The Main reason I want metal is that during my travels I have come across one of the most amazing magnets, it's about 3x3 inches and is rather strong. My plan was to attatch that to the shirt underneath the coat, and it would allow the sword to "stick" to my back, just like it seems to do in the game)

And then, if I have time, I'm going to attempt to make Pandora (briefcase form) I know it won't be too hard to really make, but I wanted to make it special. My plan was to put little strips of LED lights in it, that would sorta "pulse" like the lighting on the actual box does. This is still up in the air, and I'll work with some LEDs for a bit and see if it'll work out, I'm hoping it will because it'd be an amazing prop, and hell, I could use it as an actual briefcase to carry my stuff around in XD

So yeah, that's about it at the moment. Good luck to all you other cosplayers!

George duel
02-08-2008, 12:53 PM
OK, I have never posted in this thread, but I think I could help you out about the "real" colors of the materials of your favourite characters...
Since I work with 3D and 2D as well, I did a personal research for the people who wants to cosplay Nero, and are interested in his coat...

First the fabric.
From the hi-res renders looks exactly like denim...
And this was quite easy...

Now the color...
I THINK that the original idea of the artists was to have a sort of blu-ish off-black, but when you look at the renders, you can see that the coat looks: blue, dark blue, purple, navy, black, etc... This happens because the lights in the game affects the look of the texture.
There is also a big difference between the promo renders and the "in-game" models. The textures used in the promo renders/artworks are really hi-res textures, probably based on photos of the actual fabric, while the textures used in the game have a lower resolution, and they are mostly hand-painted (to simulate shadows, lights, seams, etc... Things that the hi-res artwork don't need to simulate, thanks to hi-poly models, better rendering engines, etc...).
Now.
Taking into consideration these things I did some test on 3DS Studio Max, using a simple model of a sphere, and a generic fabric "bump" texture (used just to simulate the fibers of the fabric), and this was the result...
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/4900/nerocoatcoloroj2.jpg
In conclusion I think that in the artworks, the coat of Nero is an off-black with a little bit of periwinkle in it!
While the coat in the game is more of a dark navy blue, still with some periwinkle in the mix...

Artwork "possible" color:
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/9633/ll652600x600thumbtl2.gif

In-game "possible" color (and great fabric for the coat overall):
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/9453/ee643600x600thumbrj8.gif
This fabric is a two-color denim, navy blue on the outside and dark red on the inside (useful if you want to have a lightweight flowy coat without adding a lining), and even if the "inner" color is a little off, it could work...

I hope this helps:toothy:

Link_Harkanian
02-09-2008, 02:34 AM
Shawn: Dude, you will be one BUFFED out Dante, judging from your pics. Which will help you with a full metal Rebellion, since we know that's gonn'a be heavy. No Con will let you carry it around though. Unless you mean a metal plate in the rebellion for the magnet, which is an idea I've also been working with.

George; get us a listing of where to get that material, and I will heart you forever. Denim or canvas is EXACTLY what I look into for DMC1 Dante and Nero's coats, since for Dante, his only leather ones are DMC3 and 4, DMC2 was a leather vest section while the rest was some kind of corderoi(sp?) or velvet. I still see a predominant purple color, and since his pants are blue, and the vest/hoodie is red, having the coat as purple thematically makes sense for someone connected to the spardas. Oh, and welcome to the thread. May you visit and help more in the future. ^^

Shawnzy
02-09-2008, 05:01 AM
Heh, I can't promise I'll be as buffed as in those pictures, I've been out of commision for a while, and have only just recently recovered from some surgery. I plan on trying to keep myself in the best condition I can for it, but I'm not allowed to go all out for some time so it will have some effects. It won't be too bad, buff or not it's hard to really tell with the layers Dante wears. As long as the forearms are rather thick it should be good lol.

As for the sword, I've decided against full metal, as looking at con rules, isn't allowed, so I will toy with putting a metal plate inside the blade or so. It will be nice for some added weight too.

George duel
02-09-2008, 07:26 AM
George; get us a listing of where to get that material, and I will heart you forever. Denim or canvas is EXACTLY what I look into for DMC1 Dante and Nero's coats, since for Dante, his only leather ones are DMC3 and 4, DMC2 was a leather vest section while the rest was some kind of corderoi(sp?) or velvet. I still see a predominant purple color, and since his pants are blue, and the vest/hoodie is red, having the coat as purple thematically makes sense for someone connected to the spardas. Oh, and welcome to the thread. May you visit and help more in the future. ^^

Try here: http://www.fashionfabricsclub.com/catalog_itemdetail.aspx?ItmID=EE643
;)

vasher
02-10-2008, 09:35 AM
Haven't been here in a while, and wow has this thread grown. XD Everybody's progress and planning on their DMC costumes is amazing. Hope to see some DMC4 cosplayers soon. ;)

Anyways, I've been busy working on my Sparda sword-

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1402384/

-and I'm pretty close to fiberglassing it. ^^

KittyCatChi
02-10-2008, 11:49 AM
Haven't been here in a while, and wow has this thread grown. XD Everybody's progress and planning on their DMC costumes is amazing. Hope to see some DMC4 cosplayers soon. ;)

Anyways, I've been busy working on my Sparda sword-

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1402384/

-and I'm pretty close to fiberglassing it. ^^

insulation foam is <3

Link_Harkanian
02-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Insulation foam FTW!

I need to start work on Sword Sparda soon...probably a Yamato too...*scribbles down notes*

Gackt_Girl
02-12-2008, 08:12 AM
Just got the artbook from the game and now I'm totally unable to decide on which I want to cosplay. >__< On one hand, I've been a Dante fan since the first game came out. But on the other hand, Nero's pretty cool too.. And the designer in me thinks the denim/canvas trench coat would be bitchin'. Plus his shirt is awesome.

They would both be about even in difficulty level, but it's so hard to choose. :lost:

Oh! By the way, does anyone know where I can find the white pinstripe material worn by Lady?? I might actually go out and cosplay a girl for a change. :toothy:

Ki-san
02-13-2008, 07:01 AM
A question for others out there who need to be as close to canon as possible:

Where on god's green earth did you find Lady's boots?

Its almost spring, which means boots won't be sold in stores anymore, and I would REALLY rather not make them myself...
Thanks for the help!!

Gackt_Girl
02-13-2008, 07:38 AM
They have the knee high boots that fold down at the top on cosworx. They're made to look like a more rennaisance style but you could probably add grommets and strings to the front.

R1KKu
02-13-2008, 08:00 AM
Oh! By the way, does anyone know where I can find the white pinstripe material worn by Lady?? I might actually go out and cosplay a girl for a change. :toothy:

I've looked high and low, and the best I could find was shirting fabric and flannel, and neither would be suited for her outfit. Perhaps it'll be available somewhere (Joann's maybe) when the winter fabrics are put away and the spring ones come out. If you find fabric that would work for her outfit, please, please, lemme know. I'll love you forever. If all else fails, Ill just cosplay her outfit from 3.

Gackt_Girl
02-13-2008, 02:36 PM
I've looked high and low, and the best I could find was shirting fabric and flannel, and neither would be suited for her outfit. Perhaps it'll be available somewhere (Joann's maybe) when the winter fabrics are put away and the spring ones come out. If you find fabric that would work for her outfit, please, please, lemme know. I'll love you forever. If all else fails, Ill just cosplay her outfit from 3.

Same here; no luck. Went after school all over town. I'll definately let you know if I find some though!

Found the perfect material for Nero though! Went ahead and bought it ($1 a yard!!) Hurray clearance. Currently waiting for it to finish washing so I can see if it bleeds or not...

My friend jacked my artbook away from me.. Can someone tell me if his coat is lined in red? It looks like the sleeves are because they're rolled up but I didn't think the rest was..

vasher
02-13-2008, 03:31 PM
M'kay, I fiberglassed one side of sword Sparda and I'm beginning to remember why I used epoxy resin instead of the regular polyester resin for Force Edge. This is some heavy shit, yo. ._. I'll probably just 'glass the very points and blade edge of the other side to save on weight. Or workout more. Hmm. Doesn't seem like six pounds would be so much, but torque is a mighty force.

Ah well, learn from my mistakes, all you people who plan to make giant swords. XD

Nefeline
02-13-2008, 05:09 PM
A question for others out there who need to be as close to canon as possible:

Where on god's green earth did you find Lady's boots?

Its almost spring, which means boots won't be sold in stores anymore, and I would REALLY rather not make them myself...
Thanks for the help!!

Oh my.. those boots kept driving me nuts for a long time! o_O
In the end I got myself a pair of black lace-up boots off ebay and altered them.. (added the cuffs and grommets and painted them brown) and that's the closest I could get: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1369708/ o_O Well. Better than nothing.

As for the pinstripe fabric... I can't find one either!
At least not with blue pinstripes. It looks like I have to stick with black ones.

KittyCatChi
02-13-2008, 05:13 PM
M'kay, I fiberglassed one side of sword Sparda and I'm beginning to remember why I used epoxy resin instead of the regular polyester resin for Force Edge. This is some heavy shit, yo. ._. I'll probably just 'glass the very points and blade edge of the other side to save on weight. Or workout more. Hmm. Doesn't seem like six pounds would be so much, but torque is a mighty force.

Ah well, learn from my mistakes, all you people who plan to make giant swords. XD

...hey I'm the one who has to carry that around at Wondercon :crylaugh: but my arm muscles have developed as of late and i've carried around worse...crazy 8 pound Alastor winged death of doom X_x

Very close to finishing Trish's top =)

R1KKu: I found some striped black and white at the JoAnn's in my area that I almost used for Trish's top, but I think the black stripes are a bit too large for Lady's outfit,though my suggestion is look around for suits, I know i've seen some with Lady's design before so maybe you could buy a cheap one and extensively alter it?

vasher
02-13-2008, 05:46 PM
Fear not, for I still have some lightening ideas. ;) Probably sand off most of it and just leave enough to make it look hard and shiny. I'm thinking that we could wander around for a bit, and then stash the stuff in the car/green room when it gets too heavy.

Can you imagine how heavy these weapons would be if they were real? *dies*

Demosthenes
02-13-2008, 05:57 PM
My friend jacked my artbook away from me.. Can someone tell me if his coat is lined in red? It looks like the sleeves are because they're rolled up but I didn't think the rest was..

Yeap. Nero's coat is lined in red. And remember, the hood's on the vest and not the jacket :toothy:

Can you imagine how heavy these weapons would be if they were real? *dies*

XDDDD Well Sparda and his bloodlines are part demon so wielding a weapon that heavy in the first place isn't much of a problem I suppose

Gackt_Girl
02-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Yeap. Nero's coat is lined in red. And remember, the hood's on the vest and not the jacket :toothy:

Hai, hai. ^^ It would be pretty awesome though. XD But the shirt is just as cool.
Okay, cool. I have a lot of red material so I'll be ok. Only problem is my black denim DID bleed.. a lot. I suposse I'm going to try rit dye to make it black again. No way am I wasting three and a half yards of material

EDIT: I found a link to those boots for Lady on cosworx: http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?productid=26220&cat=2430&page=2
They need some altering but it's better than starting with nothing. ^^;

George duel
02-13-2008, 11:03 PM
Ok, these are the closest match I could find so far for Lady's suit/costume...

"Blue & White Stripe 60" " Seersucker"
Image: http://www.fascinationinfabrics.com/store/media/FF72.jpg

Link:http://www.fascinationinfabrics.com/store/page90.html

"Timeless Ticking-Wedgewood"
Image:http://www.fabricfabric.net/images/swatches/D875.600x600_thumb.gif

Link:http://www.fashionfabricsclub.com/catalog_itemdetail.aspx?ItmID=D875

"White Stripe Shirting"
Image: http://www.fabricfabric.net/images/swatches/EE748.600x600_thumb.gif

Link: http://www.fashionfabricsclub.com/catalog_itemdetail.aspx?ItmID=EE748

Ok, these are not accurate, but a close match it's really hard to find (online)... But I'll keep my eyes open...

For the boots you could try to modify something like this:
http://216.55.147.67/products/shoes/average/average_735247.jpg
or these:
http://www.zappos.com/images/730/7309497/1396-399909-p.jpg
http://www.zappos.com/images/725/7259058/4998-294219-p.jpg
http://www.zappos.com/images/725/7259060/1396-294224-p.jpg
http://cdn.overstock.com/images/products/P10815523.jpg
http://www.zappos.com/images/723/7239623/3832-257523-d.jpg

Just a quick research, but I hope this helps!:D

phantomthief
02-13-2008, 11:27 PM
Shawn: Dude, you will be one BUFFED out Dante, judging from your pics. ^^

*whistles* No KIDDING!
Looking like my brother there... ... ... I think there's a reason I go for the girlier guys as far as cosplay goes. My bro always used to flex to scare me. I don't think I ever quite recovered.

... Wait...
Why haven't I roped him into Dante cosplay yet? *formulates ideas*
Anyway, I'm working on digitizing the embroidery for Vergil's coat. And at the same time seriously looking into screen printing it instead (It's taking forever and a day)

Time to research silver screen printing inks...

~Ari-chan

Link_Harkanian
02-14-2008, 02:50 AM
*whistles* No KIDDING!
Looking like my brother there... ... ... I think there's a reason I go for the girlier guys as far as cosplay goes. My bro always used to flex to scare me. I don't think I ever quite recovered.

... Wait...
Why haven't I roped him into Dante cosplay yet? *formulates ideas*
Anyway, I'm working on digitizing the embroidery for Vergil's coat. And at the same time seriously looking into screen printing it instead (It's taking forever and a day)

Time to research silver screen printing inks...

~Ari-chan

Well, Dante is actually NOT supposed to be uber buff. His demon blood does all the talking there, not his body mass. Besides...I thought I was your Dante for NDK! ...Vergil, you F***ing traitor!

Sorry, had to do that. =P

Shawnzy
02-14-2008, 05:58 AM
While Dante isnt uber buff, he still has quite a bit of muscle mass. In DMC3 he didn't have too much (He is considered a more Bishie looking Dante), but it's actually rather clear in DMC4 that he does. His shoulders and chest are broader and it's more apparent when you look at his forearms. He has some very thick forearms. So while not being buffed out like some kinda body builder, he is certainly built more like a power lifter in my opinion.

Of course, it's hard to tell since he's covered up all the time in this recent installment.

Gackt_Girl
02-14-2008, 07:36 AM
Of course, it's hard to tell since he's covered up all the time in this recent installment.

Unfortunately... :lost:

He is most definately more ripped. 0_o But then I guess it makes sense considering 3 was a prequel. I think he needs to loose the five o clock shadow in 4 though..It looks odd because of his white hair.

Shawnzy
02-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Unfortunately... :lost:

He is most definately more ripped. 0_o But then I guess it makes sense considering 3 was a prequel. I think he needs to loose the five o clock shadow in 4 though..It looks odd because of his white hair.

I actually like his stubble, and I like it even more that it's dark. A) Makes it easier for me to cosplay him, since mine comes in the same. And B) I like the slight contrast it gives. For me I've always liked the look of white hair with darker eyebrows and the stubble falls into the same deal with me.

Link_Harkanian
02-14-2008, 12:00 PM
The stubble isn't really that noticeable either unless you keep an eye out for it either. Plus it fits in with the cowboy look he's got going in 4. Plus having that light/dark contrast, like Shawnzy said, is nice, that way you can see it.

Ki-san
02-14-2008, 02:04 PM
Oh my.. those boots kept driving me nuts for a long time! o_O
In the end I got myself a pair of black lace-up boots off ebay and altered them.. (added the cuffs and grommets and painted them brown) and that's the closest I could get: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1369708/ o_O Well. Better than nothing.

Will paint work on the patent leather/pleather boots? I've seen some boots that are the right style, but not the right color. I know I'm gonna have to paint the boots to get them right, but I figured that the material wouldn't be paint-able for the boots on cosplay- I don't want the paint to flake
( I know, I'm so picky :) )
Any other advice would be welcome- I hate making boots for cosplays. :)
Thanks for the help, everyone.

Illius
02-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Hello again ^_^!Does anyone know how to possibly do that odd stitching design in Nero's vest,it baffles me XD?

Scoti
02-14-2008, 05:46 PM
Hello again ^_^!Does anyone know how to possibly do that odd stitching design in Nero's vest,it baffles me XD?

The panels are laced up like boots. You can use small eyelets on the panel edges then lace them up with tan colored suede string.

Nefeline
02-14-2008, 06:25 PM
Will paint work on the patent leather/pleather boots? I've seen some boots that are the right style, but not the right color. I know I'm gonna have to paint the boots to get them right, but I figured that the material wouldn't be paint-able for the boots on cosplay- I don't want the paint to flake
( I know, I'm so picky :) )
Any other advice would be welcome- I hate making boots for cosplays. :)
Thanks for the help, everyone.

I'm not sure. My boots are leather and painting them worked surprisingly well. I don't know if it's going to flake in the future. I guess I have to wait and see. Maybe you just wanna give it a try?
If the color really comes off at some parts, you can alway say it's from the battles.. I mean.. it's Lady after all! Demon hunter boots certainly get dirty and worn out after some time. XD

Gackt_Girl
02-14-2008, 08:11 PM
I actually like his stubble, and I like it even more that it's dark. A) Makes it easier for me to cosplay him, since mine comes in the same. And B) I like the slight contrast it gives. For me I've always liked the look of white hair with darker eyebrows and the stubble falls into the same deal with me.

I see. :3 That considered, my boyfriend could cosplay him too.. Hm. I am a fan of the dark eyebrows with light hair though. Regardless, Dante still looks damn good. :bigtu:

Ki-san
02-15-2008, 02:11 PM
I'm not sure. My boots are leather and painting them worked surprisingly well. I don't know if it's going to flake in the future. I guess I have to wait and see. Maybe you just wanna give it a try?
If the color really comes off at some parts, you can alway say it's from the battles.. I mean.. it's Lady after all! Demon hunter boots certainly get dirty and worn out after some time. XD

I like your explanation! XD
I'll definitely use that in the future, if you don't mind.
What kind of paint did you use on the boots, if you don't mind me asking? your boots came out perfectly, I really really like them :):love:

Nefeline
02-15-2008, 03:40 PM
I like your explanation! XD
I'll definitely use that in the future, if you don't mind.
What kind of paint did you use on the boots, if you don't mind me asking? your boots came out perfectly, I really really like them :):love:

Haha.. thanks! XD And no.. I don't mind at all. ^_^
I used plain old common acrylic paint.. :toothy:

Fireheart Storm
02-15-2008, 07:32 PM
I feel so lame, I more likely then not going to be able to work on Kyrie untill summer, because school is consuming me, (bad reson) and my Dad is coming home from Iraq in March! (good reson)

Aleera
02-15-2008, 08:37 PM
I finished up Trish last month. I'm considering cosplaying Lady in the future (DMC4, DMC3). Her real name is very close to mine too. I might cosplay DMC4 Dante one day, I ordered a bunch of separating zipper(s) a while back and kept Dante in mind and I have magazine references. Or I might leave that one to the men out there.

phantomthief
02-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Besides...I thought I was your Dante for NDK! ...Vergil, you F***ing traitor!

Sorry, had to do that. =P

EEEK! *hides behind random furniture*
And... er... From the looks of it, NDK's a no-go for me. I'll track you down eventually though, I swear!

I think I finally found a suitable silk, too... Sapphire blue with a black cross thread so it's irridescent. ^___^ Can't wait for the swatch to arrive!!! I'm now working on the stencil for the silver pattern since I tested the embroidery and I'm 99% sure it won't work. (It'd be near impossible to line up everything perfectly and one mistake on silk... you're done)

Any suggestions for a wig, by the way? I'm going for the hair down look (I'll give the back a little fwoosh, but nothing dramatic) like Dante's. Slicked back hair looks truly terrible on me.

~Ari-chan

Link_Harkanian
02-15-2008, 09:11 PM
I know a good wig. There's either the scruffy on cosworx, or there's the Argent Cute from periwig, I can get that for you cheap.

phantomthief
02-15-2008, 10:59 PM
I know a good wig. There's either the scruffy on cosworx, or there's the Argent Cute from periwig, I can get that for you cheap.

I was actually just looking at the Argent wig. *points to wig in my avatar* Same seller. :)

Is that the one that you used?

~Ari-chan

vasher
02-15-2008, 11:12 PM
I vote for the Scruffy or the Angela 750 (so versatile <3), if you want store wigs. :) Might want to check that the Scruffy can be parted to the side, though, because I heard that it was not a skin top (?). Some of those ebay ones look awesome, though.

*toddles off to sand Sparda*