PDA

View Full Version : Who's going with their... parents?

TeRRaFLaMe
05-20-2003, 01:07 AM
Well, I'm stuck going with my mom. She'll probably be following me around all day making comments about how "The people look strange." and "We should leave now.". Gosh, this won't be easy. And, if there are a lot of Gothic-Lolitas there, my mom will be really freaked out, seeing as she doesn't like "goths". My mom stereotypes too much... earlier today she said, "Will their be a lot of weird or evil people there?". I was like, "Umm... no. There will be people there that YOU think would be weird, though.".

ShingoBunny
05-20-2003, 01:17 AM
My mom and her boyfriend'll be with me... sort of. They're staying in an overflow hotel, and I'm crashing with a friend of mine and staying at the con. They're REALLY cool about it, though. Heck, my mom's put up with my sewing questions, and her boyfriend's got a 4 foot cylinder-shaped piece of foam that's painted skin tone in his garage that he's helped me construct for K'9999. n__n My mom likes the different outfits and stuff (but doesn't like the "fanboy funk"), while her boyfriend likes the construction/puzzle solving part of costume construction and such. It's really cool that they're like that! n____n

Zeruda
05-20-2003, 01:44 AM
I'm going with a freinds mom, along with 10+ some other kids, and if me - or any of the other kids dont check in on the hour every hour, were all going home :(

TeRRaFLaMe
05-20-2003, 01:53 AM
ShingoBunny: THAT'S cool.

Mango: Harsh... real harsh...

Rei2Rei
05-20-2003, 06:53 AM
My Mom's awesome!

She loves Anime so she always goes with me..And she also Cosplays so we take pics together!

I'm proud too.. ;)

Link Arroway
05-20-2003, 08:14 AM
My dad's coming along with me.. He doesn't have a problem with anything tho and I don't have to check in, that's harsh. He comes along and just hangs out at the bar or dissipears off somewhere o_O just so my friends and I will have some parent around or something. He does like to annoy me about all kinds of things sometimes tho, I'm worried about him noticing me crossplaying, lol..

Giant Alucard
05-20-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Mango
I'm going with a freinds mom, along with 10+ some other kids, and if me - or any of the other kids dont check in on the hour every hour, were all going home :(

That is harsh, I feel for ya.

I am coming with my anime club and I have to watch a small group of them to make sure they don't go crazy, since this is (for most of them) their first con, and we don't want things to get out of hand. But if they do, I will always have my video camera to catch it all on tape.

I am so happy my mom isn't coming with me......... she really dislikes even being at a anime con..... but if it gets me away from the house for a few days it's good to her, she'll even pay for me to go; but she'll never come into one again.

Cosmos
05-20-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Giant Alucard
That is harsh, I feel for ya.

I am coming with my anime club and I have to watch a small group of them to make sure they don't go crazy, since this is (for most of them) their first con, and we don't want things to get out of hand. But if they do, I will always have my video camera to catch it all on tape.

I am so happy my mom isn't coming with me......... she really dislikes even being at a anime con..... but if it gets me away from the house for a few days it's good to her, she'll even pay for me to go; but she'll never come into one again.

haha, it's the same here XD ...My friend and her mom are coming up Saturday afternoon though, so I will have a parental supervision type thing from there on, let's just hope I can get away from her to do what I want to =P

evaneko
05-20-2003, 11:08 AM
im either getting just dropped off, or sone of my friend's dad might hang around in the lobby... but either way- i won't really be effected- there just there to give me a ride ^^

KurumiChan
05-20-2003, 11:09 AM
My mom is really cool about the con-- She praised it and praised it after going last year. She just loved to sit back and watch the cosplayers and take pictures. She understands my love of anime cuz she's seen some of it-- and she thinks it's pretty neat too-- She's just not really obsessed ^.^

ShingoBunny
05-20-2003, 11:57 AM
Yeah n.n I have to check in some times, though.

liz-maru
05-20-2003, 12:24 PM
^_- my momma is coming! she loves looking at all the people! she always sits on the couch that is in the middle of everything to look at the cute boys and take pics! ^_- she is cool! if you see a mom sittin on the couch say yo! she'll be all happy! but yeah my mom is so cool about it! i cant wait! i leave on thursday woo woo woo! me so happy!

AshleyV
05-20-2003, 12:28 PM
I do not go to cons with my parents. Instead I go with my grandparents. Just like last year my grandad is going to be with me; however, he is very relaxed about everything. He lets me go "do my thing" while he chills by the pool or in the room.

Liz-Maru: I wanna meet your mom!

ShingoBunny
05-20-2003, 12:29 PM
Liz-Maru: Same here! n___n! She sounds cool!

liz-maru
05-20-2003, 12:31 PM
YAY! she loves cosplayers! she would love to meet you all! she'll prolly be lookin over your costumes and ask you tons of questions about how you made it and stuff! ^^ you guys are so nice!

TeRRaFLaMe
05-20-2003, 02:07 PM
My mom will think all of the J-Rock/Gothic Lolita cosplayers are satanic. >.>

So, does that mean she'll think I'M satanic? She already says "I don't want you to turn into a gothic!" and "If you keep watching anime and listening to Japanese music, Satan might turn you into a Buddhist!". And, I'm a Christian, so is my whole family, but my mom worries WAY too much. She's VERY stereotypical. I'm afraid she'll think everyone there is evil and never let me go again. She used to not even let me go to the local anime store because she said "The people there are wierd, they sell wierd things, and that store feels evil to me. Doesn't it feel evil to you?". And I just go, "No, what the HECK are you talking about?".
Goooosssshhh, getting through this con might not be so easy. >.<

Kas
05-20-2003, 02:19 PM
I wish my mom would go but she's a really cool person but between the both of us.. we will probably be at the bar like a bunch of rowdy folks. MWAHAHAHA.. and then we would argue about how Akira is the best anime ever. HEHEHE... Then she would force me to try to talk to some guys and say.. "Don't be shy..hehehe.." Anyway.. my mom got me into anime.. I think she would have a great time at a con. I gotta ask her is she wants to go with us to one. ^.^

Ohh Terraflame.. I will be taking pics of you on Friday in your costume. I'm sure I will be in a gothic lolita dress so I hope she don't get freaked out by me..

And Liz-maru.. I will be sure to say hi to your mom. ^.^

AshleyV
05-20-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by TeRRaFLaMe
My mom will think all of the J-Rock/Gothic Lolita cosplayers are satanic. >.>

So, does that mean she'll think I'M satanic? She already says "I don't want you to turn into a gothic!" and "If you keep watching anime and listening to Japanese music, Satan might turn you into a Buddhist!". And, I'm a Christian, so is my whole family, but my mom worries WAY too much. She's VERY stereotypical. I'm afraid she'll think everyone there is evil and never let me go again. She used to not even let me go to the local anime store because she said "The people there are wierd, they sell wierd things, and that store feels evil to me. Doesn't it feel evil to you?". And I just go, "No, what the HECK are you talking about?".
Goooosssshhh, getting through this con might not be so easy. >.<

If you want I can talk to your mom some. I'm Christian and I am also in a Sorority. I can try and convince your mom that anime is not "evil."

ShingoBunny
05-20-2003, 03:02 PM
TeRRaFLaMe: Wow... I'm sorry... I hope that she'll change her mind...

TeRRaFLaMe
05-20-2003, 03:53 PM
Heh, she doesn't think anime is "evil". Well, most of it at least. The other day though, she kept on saying "Satan is mysterious and decieving! He might trick you into becoming a Buddhist!" and I keep saying, "Watching anime and listening to Japanese music isn't gonna make me a Buddhist, and Satan has nothing to do with either of those things, either.". And, I suuuuure hope nobody talks to her. She's nice and all, but she's overprotective and stereotypical. She's one of those people that thinks goths are evil people that worship Satan and listen to Marylin Manson all day long. She automatically dismissed someone at the local comic/card shop a Satanist because they were wearing a black cloak type thing. She didn't even want to let me play in the YuGiOh tournaments there because she thought the place would be filled with evil people... she's weeeeird like that. She's nice, and understanding about anime and stuff and has accepted the fact that I like it and all since I was like 12, but she's still kinda crazy. >.>

liz-maru
05-20-2003, 05:34 PM
TeRRaFLaMe -____- i hope your momma gets thru the con and likes it! ^_- ya never know!

Farmboybob
05-20-2003, 07:26 PM
Ha! I'll be on my own! My parens are dropping me off and not coming back till Sunday pretty much!
Although it would be weird if they came 'cause they don't really know anything about anime.

Link Arroway
05-20-2003, 08:56 PM
Your lucky >_>
maybe next year my dad will decide not to tag along.. or this year he will leave :D Freedom!

minako chan
05-21-2003, 01:50 AM
Hahaha! I beat you all! I'm going with my bf and all his friends.(who are all like 20-something) I'm on my own with no parental units and I get to be a wild and crazy kitty! (sorry, its 2:00am, I've been sewing all day, my head hurts, and I'm sleepy....please excuse my evilness....^.~)

Rinkun
05-21-2003, 07:56 AM
this reminds me of my first con. my mom came with us but let me and my friend run on our own. she now refuses to go to any cons, though she practically begs me every con to at least get a picture of a guy in high heels and stockings XD

"it isn't one of those conventions until you see a guy in drag!"

so yea, maybe one will be enough to let ya go on your own the next time ^_~

!*Jessi-Chan*!
05-21-2003, 10:07 PM
My mom is of course taking me up there, but doesn't know if she's going in. So, if you see a gang of black females, say hey to me!

evaneko
05-22-2003, 03:04 PM
rinkun- my mom thinks its funny as hell to see pics of guys in drag... so she always tells me to take pics of them too!! ^^