PDA

View Full Version : Dot Hackers Unite

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Shiroake
09-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Attention any and all dot hack cosplayers!

I'm finally getting a start on Alkaid (a year after I posted this originally, well, almost a year), so who is with me for DOT HACKERS UNITE(-ing)!? WOO!

Come join us, fellow people. I want some dot hack friends XD Lots of the costumes are pretty hard and there wasn't a thread originally so I thought I'd make this here :3 One of these days Imma make a Kite and Haseo's Xth form buuut yeah. One costume at a time..

(SO YEAH I EDITED THIS. MY FIRST POST WAS NOOB AND LAME ANYWAY >_>)

Ishotxemnas
09-25-2007, 06:27 PM
.hack forever!!

I finished my Xth form, well eveything but the gloves and those circle things on his back. I wonder why he needs those...hmm.. anyway.

Your making an alkaid? sweet, Her outfit is very cute, I recommend maybe foam or something for the fan on the back, i used foam for that Xth windmill and surprisingly it succeeded. yeah.

you must do kite! Kite is a must for .hackers, we need Kite! He's our hero.

Shiroake
09-25-2007, 06:57 PM
.hack forever!!

I finished my Xth form, well eveything but the gloves and those circle things on his back. I wonder why he needs those...hmm.. anyway.

Your making an alkaid? sweet, Her outfit is very cute, I recommend maybe foam or something for the fan on the back, i used foam for that Xth windmill and surprisingly it succeeded. yeah.

you must do kite! Kite is a must for .hackers, we need Kite! He's our hero.

Good idea for foam for her fan..

I love Kite XD Did you happen to collect Tabby and Natsume yet? (and get to do weddings with the girls, best friend events with the boys?)
Kite's event is hilarious..

Terranell
09-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Good luck on your Alkaid cosplay, I bet that'll be really cute. <3

Sometime next year, I'm planning on being Roots version of Shino. I love that girl so much... next to Haseo, she's my favorite character. Along with Shino, I'm making an Ovan cosplay for my boyfriend. He's not much taller than I am so I'm going to try to talk him into wearing platform shoes. XD I'm actually really looking forward to making the arm... I have a few really good ideas of how I'm going to do it.

Hyuuga Tenten
09-27-2007, 07:37 PM
I'm edventually going to finish Haseo's Second form, for awhile there he was majorly important for me to make but I'm more intrested in makeing other costumes right now...

I did make part of his armor but I found a better, lighter, and more detailistic (a word??) way of makeing it. So I'll probably remake them. But agian I'll only finish it if I push myself to. Marching Band has been eating up my hours of free time and I only have time for so many costumes .... sad really.....

Shiya Wind
09-27-2007, 09:32 PM
An Alkaid would be really cool! :] And Kite too.
I love Shino so much! I want to eventually cosplay her white one too eventually. ^^

Shiroake
09-27-2007, 11:33 PM
Good luck with all your cosplays! Oog, I'm so excited there's other dot hacker cosplayers >3> I feel like I'm in a small group XD I'd love to try Shino sometime; I like her and Atoli's hat~ it would be like I'm wearing a little pillow on my head with a tassel

Raenef
09-28-2007, 09:08 AM
I'm making Keyaki/Zelkova. :)
So far, I have the sash half-drawn, a tunic partially made and the base for that thing on his back.

I have wood for his shoes but don't know how to cut them? Anyone have any suggestions (for his shoes)?

Turtleen
09-28-2007, 10:41 AM
=D Hooray for .hack!

I've cosplayed the purple roots version of Shino, and I'm making Atoli for a friend. We're also making Melo grunty and... that Ovan grunty for when we cosplay together.

I'm also thinking of doing Sora sometime.

*off-topic 8D* oh my god, you've cosplayed Izuru! I love you xD

sweet_magic
09-28-2007, 12:43 PM
I was thinking about making a ".hack//series cosplay" thread, but I guess there's no need for one if everyone just replies here about any .hack related cosplay. ^_^

Right now, I'm torn between starting on Atoli or Kuhn first. Kuhn's hair terrifies me in regards to wig styling so I'll most likely start on Atoli first.

Shiya: You did a wonderful job on your Shino! You have to tell me how you made your hat and weapon. x3

Ishotxemnas
09-28-2007, 03:52 PM
=D Hooray for .hack!

I've cosplayed the purple roots version of Shino, and I'm making Atoli for a friend. We're also making Melo grunty and... that Ovan grunty for when we cosplay together.

Shino-san FTW! I've been wanting to make one for the longest time.
I'm currently working on Natsume, but her wig kinda scares me. Anyone have a few pointers on how to make cowlicks? she has green hair with a major cowlick, sorta like ramza from FFT.
oh yeah and anyone remember hetero? I swear, I wish he would have had more screen time. He's so darn cool! I'm thinking on making a hetero for katsucon or otakon.

Shiroake
09-28-2007, 10:12 PM
I'm making Keyaki/Zelkova. :)
So far, I have the sash half-drawn, a tunic partially made and the base for that thing on his back.

I have wood for his shoes but don't know how to cut them? Anyone have any suggestions (for his shoes)?

Eeek Zelkova! -glomps- Hmm..I'm afraid I have no help for shoes..(I cheat and use bootcovers for anything)

Sora would be love, and OH MY GOD YOU ALSO COSPLAY IZURU! <333!! I might stalk you >_> we Izuru need to stick together, you know! I was the only Izuru at A-kon this year! It was so terribly sad! (AND I missed the Bleach photoshoot..)

Turtleen
09-28-2007, 11:39 PM
Shino-san FTW! I've been wanting to make one for the longest time.
I'm currently working on Natsume, but her wig kinda scares me. Anyone have a few pointers on how to make cowlicks? she has green hair with a major cowlick, sorta like ramza from FFT.
It's a lot of fun to wear xD
Maybe use hair curlers near the roots? But I guess that would be more for smaller cowlicks... something like that though.

Sora would be love, and OH MY GOD YOU ALSO COSPLAY IZURU! <333!! I might stalk you >_> we Izuru need to stick together, you know! I was the only Izuru at A-kon this year! It was so terribly sad! (AND I missed the Bleach photoshoot..)
We really do xD. At least you can feel special to be the only one, but it's always sad to be all alone D:

Pretty Sammy
09-30-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm working on a Haseo 1st form cosplay myself and I'm also planning to do Hiiragi! Not to mention Mistral and Atoli. .hack is just made of so much win. XD Anyone who cosplays it is my best friend for life. XD

sweet_magic
10-01-2007, 11:42 PM
I'm working on a Haseo 1st form cosplay myself and I'm also planning to do Hiiragi! Not to mention Mistral and Atoli. .hack is just made of so much win. XD Anyone who cosplays it is my best friend for life. XD

A 1st form Haseo cosplayer. YAY! ^__^ Most people do his 2nd form, but personally I like his 1st form the best (More skin= smexy). If I wasn't so busy with all my other cosplays I'd probably add Silabus to my every growing list since he's one of my favorite characters.

Asha-Morgan
10-02-2007, 04:35 AM
^^ .hack is awesome! My friends and I just went to a convention as Kuhn [Myself] Haseo, Sora and Shino. It was great fun!

I have started my Endrance costume for an upcoming convention and next year I will be going to be making Haseo [first form] along with my friends as the rest of the Twilight Brigade.

I would love to do Sakaki and Hiiragi one day ^_^ [Can you tell I like G.U. best? XD]

Raenef
10-02-2007, 07:07 AM
Eeek Zelkova! -glomps- Hmm..I'm afraid I have no help for shoes..(I cheat and use bootcovers for anything)

Yay! Poor Zelkova doesn't get enough cosplay love. (Everyone loves Haseo!)
...it maybe his shoes. Silly stilt-like geta-like sandal thingys... >.>;;

I finished drawing the design on his sash (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1283303). ^^ Now I have another sash to draw on for the flap. =0=;; *dies*

Shiroake
10-03-2007, 01:50 PM

I finished drawing the design on his sash (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1283303). ^^ Now I have another sash to draw on for the flap. =0=;; *dies*

I heart the design! Good luck with Zelkova (Haseo's a pimp, that's why everyone loves him >3>)

Hime no Toki
10-03-2007, 01:58 PM
I'll be making First Form Haseo later next year. I really like all of his forms, except Third, which weirds me out for some reason. Sakubo would also be pretty fun to make, and I've thought about Atoli as well.

Shiroake
10-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Third form Haseo looks like a bug XDD Antenna hair..but I like it more than his second form. Then again, I don't use broadswords nearly as much as I use scythes >_> I love the twin blades best though..(other than the dual guns, they dont' count though!)

sweet_magic
10-03-2007, 10:25 PM
^^ .hack is awesome! My friends and I just went to a convention as Kuhn [Myself] Haseo, Sora and Shino. It was great fun!

I have started my Endrance costume for an upcoming convention and next year I will be going to be making Haseo [first form] along with my friends as the rest of the Twilight Brigade.

I would love to do Sakaki and Hiiragi one day ^_^ [Can you tell I like G.U. best? XD]

Ah. I would LOVE to see pics. I don't even know where to start if I did Kuhn, so that's why I am going to hold off doing him until I really feel that I'm up to the challenge.

Turtleen
10-03-2007, 10:59 PM
Zelkova = win. I was thinking of doing him, but it really was the shoes that made me say no XD

I think I might be the only person who likes third form best XD;

I'm thinking of doing AIDA arm Ovan... wondering how to put the arm on though. Any ideas? duct tape it to my arm and leave a hole for it on the shirt? D:
Would it be weird since he's like, 7 feet tall and I'm 5'2"? XD

Shiroake
10-04-2007, 12:49 AM
Zelkova = win. I was thinking of doing him, but it really was the shoes that made me say no XD

I think I might be the only person who likes third form best XD;

I'm thinking of doing AIDA arm Ovan... wondering how to put the arm on though. Any ideas? duct tape it to my arm and leave a hole for it on the shirt? D:
Would it be weird since he's like, 7 feet tall and I'm 5'2"? XD

I like his third form second best (xth wins my heart for good). Oh god, AIDA Ovan would be amazing to see. Hmm..would you make it out of like foam or something? XD and nah..not too weird! AIDA arm would add some feet at least!

Varna
10-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Yay, I found the .hack thread! XD I'm going to be cosplaying Shino dressed in all black and Silabus ^^ My friend is also going to be doing the Xth form of Haseo XDD

sweet_magic
10-04-2007, 03:57 PM
Rei: Silabus is love! x3

Varna
10-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Rei: Silabus is love! x3

Gah I know, he's my favorite character XD So I'm going to work extra hard to do him justice~ I've already got my wig and hair extension, it just needs some slight styling/dying XD (the color I got was way too light... Apparently blonde looks brown to me on my computer screen XD;)

Shiya Wind
10-04-2007, 08:41 PM
I was thinking about making a ".hack//series cosplay" thread, but I guess there's no need for one if everyone just replies here about any .hack related cosplay. ^_^

Right now, I'm torn between starting on Atoli or Kuhn first. Kuhn's hair terrifies me in regards to wig styling so I'll most likely start on Atoli first.

Shiya: You did a wonderful job on your Shino! You have to tell me how you made your hat and weapon. x3

Thank you!! ^^ I love Shino soso much hehe. If things work out, I'll be wearing her this weekend. I can't wait.
I will have to PM you this little Shino hat tutorial I made as soon as I go back home. xD I've been asked so much how I've made my hat, so I made it for future ref. :33 And my staff too.
I wish my boyfriend would cosplay Xth form with me, but he's so busy with college and work now, it would be really difficult for him to. He did a 2nd form for AX, but I think it was the worst time to wear it. It was too hot. :[

sweet_magic
10-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Rei: Good luck on the wig. Silabus is my 3rd favorite character (Next to Kuhn and Haseo of course) so anyone who cosplays as him is made of awesomness. <3 Lol.

Shiya: I'm looking forward to recieving your PM about the staff and hat. ^_^ Aw, I'm sorry your BF won't be able to do Xth form. I would have liked to see pictures.

Scoti
10-04-2007, 09:21 PM

Ugh tell me about it, After several attempts to get the shape of Kuhn's hair without adding weight I've pretty much failed. My next attempt will be to make a hollow skeleton of the ponytail and somehow cover it with the wig.

..Still an ongoing process...

sweet_magic
10-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Scoti: Don't give up. ^_^ May I ask where you got your base wig from?

Scoti
10-05-2007, 09:50 AM
Scoti: Don't give up. ^_^ May I ask where you got your base wig from?

I believe it was from cosworx but I really done remember. I made Kuhn a little over a year ago and the wig came a few month before that.

Raenef
10-06-2007, 12:16 PM
@Shiroake: yes... Haseo is a pimp. He is stronger than Axe fragrance... >.>;;

@Turtleen: Be Zelkova too... please? *sniff/big watery eyes* Though I've found him to be more complicated than first sight... *sigh* OoOoo... AIDA arm... you should totally go for it!

@rei: omg Silabus... I love that boy! I can't wait to see you!

@Scoti - I really like your Kuhn... as far as ponytail goes, have you considered looking at the FF12 Fran ponytails? I've seen some tutorials (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1097788)and I think they have similar cone-shaped ponytails...

Shiroake
10-06-2007, 09:41 PM
@Shiroake: yes... Haseo is a pimp. He is stronger than Axe fragrance... >.>;;

I agree! Even the boys love him! Especially Endrance (I'm surprised he hasn't molested Haseo by the end of the game...but the marriage event is utterly hilarious I've heard.)

Meaka
10-07-2007, 03:11 PM
I agree! Even the boys love him! Especially Endrance (I'm surprised he hasn't molested Haseo by the end of the game...but the marriage event is utterly hilarious I've heard.)

Oh, it is. I watched it in my file. Oh goood. 8D

*ahem* Back on the cosplay topic, hi! I was Bo at this past Otakon, and I'm trying for Xth form Haseo this year. My #1, "BUH?!" right now is the coatrack. =<

Shiroake
10-07-2007, 07:33 PM
XD good luck with that!

The first event I watched was..Kite's >_> Oh goodness is that funny..

"I want to be one with you."
"Wh..what?!"

Ishotxemnas
10-08-2007, 11:40 AM
Meaka, I missed your Bo at otakon :(

Did you see Piros the thirds?! that one was hilarious!!!
Azure kite was my second favorite and of course the epic endrance wedding.
I mazed out endrances' affection guage JUST to see that. I made my brother watch it. because he likes haseo, but can't stand the thought of him being well. *ahem* meh heh heh! *evil laugh*

Anyway, Hey guys I was thinking about making a Bo. But i need help with his hat? does anyone have any suggestions?
Also, I made a XTH form, but i need help for his guns >.<

Varna
10-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Oh, it is. I watched it in my file. Oh goood. 8D

*ahem* Back on the cosplay topic, hi! I was Bo at this past Otakon, and I'm trying for Xth form Haseo this year. My #1, "BUH?!" right now is the coatrack. =<

Rah, I can't afford vol. 3 just yet >__< Because of cosplays! XD;;

Anyway, are your name sounds familiar =O Are you ccmeaka on the livejournal community Apkallu? I'm on there too XD (though I haven't posted in AGES x__x)

Meaka
10-08-2007, 09:09 PM
@Ishotxemnas- ;_; I missed you, too! Your costume was looking so badass!

As for Bo's hat, um... 8D; Don't try to do it by eye. Make your own little pattern for it.

@rei-chaka- <3 Yup, that's me! *wave*

Aha, luckily, I had money set aside for Vol. 3 way before it came out, so it didn't need to suffer the wait because of my cosplaying.

kalajessta
10-08-2007, 09:54 PM
I am in works of planning another Zelkova cosplay for Tekkosho Con 2008 and ACen 2008 thus far. I can't wait until I get started on it. = )

Varna
10-08-2007, 10:31 PM
I am in works of planning another Zelkova cosplay for Tekkosho Con 2008 and ACen 2008 thus far. I can't wait until I get started on it. = )

I can't wait to see it! I don't think I've seen any Zelkova cosplayers yet ^__^

Raenef
10-10-2007, 06:41 PM
kalajessta - >w<!! Yay! If you're headed to Katsucon or Otakon with him, we could get double-Zelkova pictures! ~<3

...though Xth form is tempting me as well. ^^;;

Varna
10-10-2007, 08:59 PM
I think EVERYONE wants to do an Xth form at some point XD It's just so... convincing XD I was thinking about it too for a while, but my friend is doing it so... Oh well XD I already have too many costumes to do anyway~

Turtleen
10-10-2007, 09:09 PM
I had money set aside for vol. 3 too, but I sprained my wrist and it hurts too much to play it XD. And my tv messes up game colours so the whole first scene was completely white with some black lines. Thinking about the colours, does Atoli have a different colour for the pleats on her sleeves? (compared to the rest of the sleeve)

xth form is just a must for anyone who's seen it, but it seems like everyone is thinking of it xD. It's also a good alternative for people who want to do Haseo but don't want the open stomach. And, it's glowy. Who wouldn't want to make something glowy?!

sweet_magic
10-10-2007, 10:18 PM
Can anyone help me find reference shots of Atoli's staff? I've only been able to find two good pictures. And dose anyone know how to go about making her wings? :toothy:

Turtleen
10-11-2007, 12:00 PM
Can anyone help me find reference shots of Atoli's staff? I've only been able to find two good pictures. And dose anyone know how to go about making her wings?
I don't have pictures of her staff, but to make her wings, draw one side of it on the fabric or make your own pattern, and then fold it over so they're symetrical, you'll need to make two and put interfacing in between the two sides. Here's a picture of what I have so far of Atoli's: http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/amaisora/cosplay%20reference/100_1569.jpg that big square at the top will be cut later to be the straps that attach to her dress.

Meaka
10-12-2007, 03:55 PM
@Turtleen- I think the tips of her sleeves are darker and a bit more on the turquoise side.

As for forms that cover the stomach, the only one is really the 2nd form. 8D Well, there's also the new B-st form, but it is way too spiky for its own good.

ATOLIHASEOFTW
10-13-2007, 11:42 AM
The cosplay's I want to do are

Atoli [PLANNED]
Alkaid [When I lose weight ]=]
Tabby [PLANNED FOR some other con XD]

As for the Guys I want to do Xth Form haseo, Sakisaka and Ovan =]

But Atoli is my main on for Otakon. X3 I'm happy cause I have a friend in MA helping me and I have another Otakon go-er as Atoli to talk to =D

But I don't want to get a wig, cause I vcan't find any. (might by a cheap Halloween wig and try to pull that off XD)

EDIT: someone said they need an Atoli staff pic, so i found this http://www.acparadise.com/cosplayers/11755/11755-10784-1.jpg on ACParadise. So pretty ^^

Varna
10-13-2007, 01:16 PM
But I don't want to get a wig, cause I vcan't find any. (might by a cheap Halloween wig and try to pull that off XD)

Let me stress: DON'T DO THAT!!! XD;;; Are you willing to order online? Ebay is a great source for wigs ^__^ I can recommend some sellers to you if you're interested~

Meaka
10-13-2007, 05:38 PM
@ATOLIHASEOFTW- Yea, no matter what, a wig is always a good idea. Unless you have short blonde hair, then you could try styling it like Atoli's.
... And, by any chance, are you BreathLessX on D*A and Gaia?

ATOLIHASEOFTW
10-13-2007, 07:04 PM
@Rei- I'll have to ask my Aunt or someone in the family or friend to order. I was just looking and they have a very nice blonde wig. So pretty.

@Meaka- >O I've been found XD Yup, *peace* Yeah, wigs are good. I might ask my friend Ashley if she knows any good ones. =3

Turtleen
10-13-2007, 09:56 PM
@ATOLIHASEOFTW - 8D *remembers you from DA*
Yeah, it's a good idea to get the wig. Right now at party stores they do actually have some good wigs that aren't all that expensive but are still pretty good quality so you might not need to get it off the internet.

ATOLIHASEOFTW
10-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Yeah. But I have to get a job T_T But I'm going to check with my Parent's to see if it's cool to get the online, if not I'll have to go to someplace bald people go to X3

=] *waves*

finding dawn
10-14-2007, 12:39 PM
Eeee, dot hack cosplay. x3 There's so many from G.U. I lovesomuch and want to cosplay. I was supposed to finish azure Balmung with my friend who's doing azure flame Kite, but we got .. sidetracked. >>;

I hope to have him done sometime before Otakon.

Aer Arcanum
10-14-2007, 12:45 PM
I absolutely love the .hack series. I've already cosplayed Tsukasa, and some time for 2008 I plan on making Kite and Haseo.

My little sister just told me last night that if I cosplay Kite, she'll cosplay Mistral. That would be so cute! I just worry about how hard a Mistral costume would be to make. Oh well, if we can pull it off, that would be awesome.

ATOLIHASEOFTW
10-14-2007, 12:49 PM
That'd be sweet , Green Flame! That'd make me want to cuddle =]

Chiefy
10-14-2007, 12:57 PM
I adore .hack! I plan on making Tri-edge at some point or maybe some other character that no one really does. Theres so many. ^_^

ATOLIHASEOFTW
10-14-2007, 12:58 PM
I haven't seen amny Orca's or Blackroses.

Varna
10-14-2007, 01:29 PM
Eeee, dot hack cosplay. x3 There's so many from G.U. I lovesomuch and want to cosplay. I was supposed to finish azure Balmung with my friend who's doing azure flame Kite, but we got .. sidetracked. >>;

I hope to have him done sometime before Otakon.

Waaah Azure Balmung! :DDD I can't wait to see that one~

Sushi Monster
10-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Hello all! I'm thinking about cosplaying Bo since she's soo cute and there's only been like..5 people who have cosplayed her.

Does anyone have any good screenshots of her? I've been looking for some references and it's kind of hard (other than looking at my TV screen)

Ishotxemnas
10-14-2007, 01:55 PM
Hey guys, I've decided. I'm taking on the B-ST form.
oh and all the bo pictures you ever need sushi monster,
http://bluelaguna.net/fmvinfo/-hack-g-u-vol-1-rebirth/4472.php

*pokes breathless*

Sushi Monster
10-14-2007, 01:56 PM
Hey guys, I've decided. I'm taking on the B-ST form.
oh and all the bo pictures you ever need sushi monster,
http://bluelaguna.net/fmvinfo/-hack-g-u-vol-1-rebirth/4472.php

*pokes breathless*

Thank you so much!

Ishotxemnas
10-14-2007, 01:59 PM
yea, there needs to be more Bo's he's too cute!!
I was thinking on B-st form, Aide Thorny Atoli or Azure Flame God. SOMETHING for trilogy. I need more references!!:bigcry:
p.s who's going to AUSA?

Sushi Monster
10-14-2007, 02:17 PM
yea, there needs to be more Bo's he's too cute!!
I was thinking on B-st form, Aide Thorny Atoli or Azure Flame God. SOMETHING for trilogy. I need more references!!:bigcry:
p.s who's going to AUSA?

Sadly I live on the West Coast (WHICH NEEDS MORE .HACK COSPLAYERS!!!), so no AUSA for me.

Meaka
10-14-2007, 05:28 PM
@finding dawn- YAY, AZURE BALMUNG! <3 I rarely see Azure Knight cosplay.

@Green Flame- Ooh! Good luck with the Mistral and Kite thing. X3 Especially if you wear those costumes to a summer con, because they have lots of layers...

@Chief-Chan- For minor characters, I'd love you forever if you made a Piros suit.

@Sushi Monster- BO COSPLAY, GO! <3 Here's to hoping you get your hat to actually obey you and defy gravity! But Bo is adorable. ;_; He needs more cosplay love.

@Ishotxemnas- Sadly, I'm still a one-con pony. =< Where is AUSA, anyway? *loledit* DO B-ST FORM. 8DDD

ATOLIHASEOFTW
10-14-2007, 05:29 PM
*pokes back at Ishotxemnas* I seen you somewhere...?

I sadly won't either cause I have no idea where it is XD That nad all my money went to Otakon D=

Sushi Monster
10-14-2007, 07:54 PM
@Sushi Monster- BO COSPLAY, GO! <3 Here's to hoping you get your hat to actually obey you and defy gravity! But Bo is adorable. ;_; He needs more cosplay love.

Lol I stuffed it with stuffing and there's a wire frame in there - pretty much a giant pillow. XD

Shiya Wind
10-14-2007, 08:10 PM
CHLOE do Bo cosplay and join us <333
I could be wrong, but I haven't seen a Bo/Saku cosplayed on the west coast yet.
I want to do aida atoli from .hack trilogy... I'm soo tempted to.

sweet_magic_01, I'm sending you a pm right now. Sorry I took so long! xD

Meaka
10-14-2007, 08:58 PM
I want to do aida atoli from .hack trilogy... I'm soo tempted to.

Like I said on your LJ, that'd be so awesome! Do iiiit! ;_; <3

ATOLIHASEOFTW
10-15-2007, 01:31 PM
D= I wish I had the power to make that costume XD

Aer Arcanum
10-15-2007, 02:41 PM
Bo cosplay would be incredibly cute. ^^ Can't wait to see how that turns out!

Demosthenes
10-15-2007, 05:39 PM
To be honest, I've never played the .hack game series (pathetic I know :<) but a friend of mine dragged me one day to a con one day and she was ranting about "THE TERROR OF DEATH~ ZOMG!") and I saw Haseo. I really like the design of the whole outfit (+ twin daggers are t3h awesome) and went home to look it up.

And my my. Nearly all the game character designs make me go @___________@
*drool*

I so do wanna make Haseo's outfits (well save Form 1 that is XD Too much skin) But I really have no expertise in making prop pieces '____'

Plus, American cosplayers are lucky ;___; you people have fibreglass and all manner of foam and stuff easily obtainable. XD (I can't get materials to even go about experimenting and making stuff with some of the tutorials found on the net BECAUSE they're just not available in my country *sighs*)

Though, anyone has ideas on alternatives which can be used for all manner of prop making and such? I'll be eternally grateful 8D and with Haseo's different forms tempting me, wahheeeyyy I'm sure I'll do it!

sweet_magic
10-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Atolihaseoftw: Thank-you really good close up shot of her staff.

Shinya: Got your PM on the tutorial. Thanks again. ^_^

Hopefully, Atoli will be complete in time for Otakon if not I'll do her for AWA XIV (there's already a huge .hack group being formed for this con).

ATOLIHASEOFTW
10-16-2007, 10:15 AM
There's a tutorial for Atoli?!

@Sweet Magic - =3 No problemo =3

Sushi Monster
10-16-2007, 01:10 PM
To be honest, I've never played the .hack game series (pathetic I know :<) but a friend of mine dragged me one day to a con one day and she was ranting about "THE TERROR OF DEATH~ ZOMG!") and I saw Haseo. I really like the design of the whole outfit (+ twin daggers are t3h awesome) and went home to look it up.

And my my. Nearly all the game character designs make me go @___________@
*drool*

I so do wanna make Haseo's outfits (well save Form 1 that is XD Too much skin) But I really have no expertise in making prop pieces '____'

Plus, American cosplayers are lucky ;___; you people have fibreglass and all manner of foam and stuff easily obtainable. XD (I can't get materials to even go about experimenting and making stuff with some of the tutorials found on the net BECAUSE they're just not available in my country *sighs*)

Though, anyone has ideas on alternatives which can be used for all manner of prop making and such? I'll be eternally grateful 8D and with Haseo's different forms tempting me, wahheeeyyy I'm sure I'll do it!

Paperclay, model magic, presentation foamboards, craft foam, and even cardboard can be used in making props! Some of the best and lightweight props are made from really cheap materials. The trick is usually the way they are painted - spraypainted and rub n buffed or modpodge, and weathered to make it look realistic.

Turtleen
10-16-2007, 03:35 PM
Yes, cardboard and craft foam are deffinatly the cheap and easy to get way. It usually looks just as good as whatever else you could use too.
Sculpey clay (I think that's what it's called?) is also really good for little things that need to be thicker than a sheet of cardboard or whatever else you use.

Aer Arcanum
10-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Agreed. I make most of my props from cheap material, like posterboard, craft foam, and insulation foam, and the occasional paperclay. It sounds cheap, but good looking props can be made with these materials, and added with a good paint job, they look great!

Raenef
10-16-2007, 04:38 PM
I finished Zelkova's over tunic thing a couple days ago...
...and my camera mysteriously vanished. >.<;;

Well, on to the pants and undershirt... ^w^

ATOLIHASEOFTW
10-16-2007, 07:36 PM
I just hope I can find a JoAnn fabric around here D= Or some craft store D=

Demosthenes
10-16-2007, 07:46 PM
Paperclay, model magic, presentation foamboards, craft foam, and even cardboard can be used in making props! Some of the best and lightweight props are made from really cheap materials. The trick is usually the way they are painted - spraypainted and rub n buffed or modpodge, and weathered to make it look realistic.

That sound's great! I came across some tutorials on making armour using craft foam and I can't wait to try it out.

Though it calls for Rub N Buff, which I can't find shops in here. Are there alternatives to this which I can use to create similar effects? O:

Anyone has screenshots for the back view of his Xth form? So far I only got the sides and front ._."

I can't wait to get started on Haseo's X'th form. XD so far I'm looking for a shirt to modify it slightly and the right pants for Haseo.

narutard101
10-16-2007, 08:06 PM
i've started on Haseo's second form

http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f230/TheInfamousXer0/?action=view&current=424px-Haseo2-1.jpg

and was wondering what I could use to make his sword.

i'm almost done his costume, just need to make his armor and get a wig,plus the sword, it should be awesome ^^

Varna
10-17-2007, 12:16 AM
i've started on Haseo's second form

http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f230/TheInfamousXer0/?action=view&current=424px-Haseo2-1.jpg

and was wondering what I could use to make his sword.

i'm almost done his costume, just need to make his armor and get a wig,plus the sword, it should be awesome ^^

Umm... Judging by the way Haseo's 2nd form armor looks, you've got quite a bit further to go XD; Unless you just mean the shoulder parts and stuff. But as for the sword and stuff, try asking on the props/accessories section ^__^ You're bound to get some really useful information there.

Sushi Monster
10-17-2007, 02:31 PM
That sound's great! I came across some tutorials on making armour using craft foam and I can't wait to try it out.

Though it calls for Rub N Buff, which I can't find shops in here. Are there alternatives to this which I can use to create similar effects? O:

Anyone has screenshots for the back view of his Xth form? So far I only got the sides and front ._."

I can't wait to get started on Haseo's X'th form. XD so far I'm looking for a shirt to modify it slightly and the right pants for Haseo.

You can use mod podge lustre to make them nice and shiny too. XD If they don't have that...just look for any sealant/polisher that has like..."lustre" or "shiny" or anything of the like.

ATOLIHASEOFTW
10-17-2007, 04:38 PM
@Demo. I found like some http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i132/werefox1331__8/dot%20hack/hasetri5.jpg (fanart) and some game images

http://www.generationgamerz.com/gallery2/d/25447-2/forestfight04.png
http://www.generationgamerz.com/gallery2/d/33629-3/snapHi44_125.jpg

hope they help, even if Its a little bit ^^'

narutard101
10-18-2007, 05:22 PM
Umm... Judging by the way Haseo's 2nd form armor looks, you've got quite a bit further to go XD; Unless you just mean the shoulder parts and stuff. But as for the sword and stuff, try asking on the props/accessories section ^__^ You're bound to get some really useful information there.

yeah I was meaning the shoulder and the armor on his waist, etc. but thanks anyways ^^

Demosthenes
10-20-2007, 09:02 AM
You can use mod podge lustre to make them nice and shiny too. XD If they don't have that...just look for any sealant/polisher that has like..."lustre" or "shiny" or anything of the like.

I found Mod podge! XDD after scouring a hardware shop and going through all the weird bottles located there. n_n;; but it was closing time so i had to scram while they chased me out.

And with luck, I found the stuff other cosplayers use such as epoxy, and tacky glue! 8D I'm gonna raid that place again.

ATOLIHASEOFTW>> Thanks for the reference pic! ^-^

Eternamente926
10-20-2007, 12:30 PM
Random yayness that I have to get off of my chest...

I'm going to be creating a costume based off of Haseo's anime form (1st form) for a character I'll be playing at a local LARP I used to go to and am looking to make a comeback into. I love the look Haseo has in the anime (less buckles and intricate details then his video game and higher form counterparts have, but still very awesome), and I'll be incorporating the majority of the costume into this LARP character's costume. The only details I'll be leaving out is the large belt around his neck (that's under debate), the jewels on his gloves, some of the belts on the pants' legs... and that's pretty much it. I plan to keep the design pretty much the same otherwise... it has to be a believable design for the setting of the game, and it needs to be manueverable as it's a very active game lol.

In any event, I was looking for tips on creating this costume. The pants are easy... I plan to get a pair of form-fitting leather or pleather pants, and a pair of black swashbuckler-type boots. I have some ideas for the gloves, but I'm a little lost on how to create the arm armor he has on his wrists. I'm mainly confuzzled on his shirt. I'm not great at creating a shirt, although I think I may have to (horrible at hemming because I hand-sew). I'm looking for advice for a beginner on how to create the shirt and have it durable enough for repeated heavy-activity usage. Either that, or is there a place I can go to buy a shirt in the same basic shape that Haseo's shirt is in? Yes, midriff and all.

I also intend to create a winter version based somewhat off of his X form (white to blend in with the snow hehe), although I have a pretty good idea of how to easily do that.

Help is much appreciated :D

sweet_magic
10-20-2007, 09:08 PM
I'm so happy. Went to wal-mart today and while I was in the customer serivce line, I found this really good base peice for Atoli's staff. And when I grabbed it, one of the workers there noticed me studying it and said I could have it for free because they were just going to throw it away.

A persons trash is another's treasure I guess. xD

ATOLIHASEOFTW
10-20-2007, 09:23 PM
XD
I so beed to hit Walmart for my Aotli cosplay =3
I need to make sure I can do the staff XD

@Demo No problem =D I have no life anyway xD

Ishotxemnas
10-23-2007, 05:32 PM
hi guys, question!
Any suggestions on how I should go about making haseos' XTH guns?
I just got an idea for his arm guards so i feel like i'm slowly getting back in the process of finishing this. any ideas.

Registration_XI
10-26-2007, 07:34 AM
does anyone have any good reference pics for tsucasa, i can only find ones where hes curled up so its hard to get some accurate dimensions. Also his hat and his shoes are an issue foe, any suggestions on how to do them?

xXKujaXx
10-26-2007, 12:47 PM
Hooray :D I'm excited to get started on Tawaraya from //roots
http://www.dothackers.net/hyouokudesign.jpg
Shouldn't be overly difficult

Meaka
10-26-2007, 04:31 PM
@Ishotxemnas- I'm currently wondering this myself... 8D;

@xXKujaXx- ... Oh my god. You are my hero! I've always wanted to see someone cosplay Tawaraya!

xXKujaXx
10-26-2007, 04:40 PM
@Ishotxemnas- I'm currently wondering this myself... 8D;

@xXKujaXx- ... Oh my god. You are my hero! I've always wanted to see someone cosplay Tawaraya!

Thank you :D I appreciate the support X3 I was hoping someone would appreciate it hahaha.

ATOLIHASEOFTW
10-26-2007, 10:25 PM
@Registration XI- I have no idea on the hat, but he are some Pics.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa42/renton_zero/hack20sign20clear20poster.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb157/Exilewolfy/Tsukasa.jpg (Cosplayer)
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc43/AyameNatsuko/tsukasa5.jpg side view
http://animebelle.com/albums/album39/tsukasa.sized.jpg
http://z002.ig.com.br/ig/21/22/120150/blig/equemepagueumsorvete/imagens/tsukasa.jpg
http://animeclick.lycos.it/prove/serie/hackSIGN/hackSIGN16.jpg
http://fc03.deviantart.com/images3/i/2004/154/2/e/Tsukasa.jpg

If you ne4ed anything esle, I'll see if I can like find something.
I need to finish atoli >D Or at least start XD

Registration_XI
10-26-2007, 10:35 PM
@Registration XI- I have no idea on the hat, but he are some Pics.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa42/renton_zero/hack20sign20clear20poster.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb157/Exilewolfy/Tsukasa.jpg (Cosplayer)
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc43/AyameNatsuko/tsukasa5.jpg side view
http://animebelle.com/albums/album39/tsukasa.sized.jpg
http://z002.ig.com.br/ig/21/22/120150/blig/equemepagueumsorvete/imagens/tsukasa.jpg
http://animeclick.lycos.it/prove/serie/hackSIGN/hackSIGN16.jpg
http://fc03.deviantart.com/images3/i/2004/154/2/e/Tsukasa.jpg

If you ne4ed anything esle, I'll see if I can like find something.
I need to finish atoli >D Or at least start XD

ty for your help <3. i'm going pattern shopping in a few weeks so i'm gonna take the ref pics with me and hopefully some nice old lady will be of some use to society for five mins =P

Registration_XI
10-26-2007, 10:39 PM
thats awesome, expicaly the side view and that last full body, after seeing tthe hatt a bit closer i have a few ideas. I think if I make a basock domed cap with doubled over edges that will be a good basic shape. The jewels i will either make from wonderflex or the same as my Cloud's swords and use high density foam covered in fiber glass and then painted.

ATOLIHASEOFTW
10-27-2007, 09:03 PM
I'm still trying to figure how i do the staff for Atoli T^T my friend said "buy a broom, and pretend to be shino!" I don't know why.....

sweet_magic
10-29-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm still trying to figure how i do the staff for Atoli T^T my friend said "buy a broom, and pretend to be shino!" I don't know why.....

We're in the same boat. x3 I'm trying to make my staff as lightweight as possible yet sturdy.

Registration_XI
10-30-2007, 06:09 PM
For the staves i would use light weight PVC as a core for the staff part and then carve the headpiece out of high density foam ( i like the blue kind) then cover that in plexiglases or wonderflex. If you use wonderflex i also using easy plastic over that as a way to create a really smooth surface. I'm making my swords for my cloud costume out of the high density foam and covering it with plexiglas.

Ishotxemnas
11-03-2007, 11:05 PM
jeez, ll this plexiglass talk makes my head hurt. It's all about cardboard for me.
>.<
well, i've discovered my hidden ability to style wigs so, i'm pretty happy right now. I started atoli wig today ^^
and I finally finished my rhode wig! (happy dance)
Has everyone seen the B-st form? Man that thing looks frickin' sweet. I'd rock that. I'd rock that at kohls.

Meaka
11-04-2007, 10:53 AM
Has everyone seen the B-st form? Man that thing looks frickin' sweet. I'd rock that. I'd rock that at kohls.

;_; Oh god, that form is so ugly. It scares the crap out of me.

In cosplay-related news though, I have off starting Tuesday, so I'll be able to start my costume! *confetti*

Ishotxemnas
11-05-2007, 03:38 PM
Haha!! He's so "Horny" haha XD
Your making Xth form meaka? WOOT Goodluck! That things is a pain in the kester. and I mean literally, I tried sitting down in that costume and those silver butt guards make it uncomfortable to sit it. I mean WHY does he have those 2 things on his butt? What are its functions?? what does it do??
*pokes Haseo XTH's butt guards*
I'm hoping to have b-st form for katsucon. I doubt it though. >_<
I wonder what to make his spikes out of. I'm not good with armor >.<
Oh and about atoli, since there was discussion with it earlier,
I'm curious about the hat, I made one earlier but all i did was put cloth around a pillow. While it looks nice, I don't think i'll find anymore pillows in that shape. I wanted to make shino too ^^
um some suggestions about making the hat would be highly appreciated. thanks!

Shiya Wind
11-08-2007, 10:42 PM
It's been a while since I posted here with so much school and work lately xx; How's everyone's .hack cosplay coming along? :o

I've decided I'm not going to make Trilogy Atoli. I had such a hard time deciding this. But for sure I'm going to do a Wedding Shino. ^^ I'm getting so impatient to start it already.

Whoever's doing x form or 2nd form armor, I wish you luck. xD My boyfriend went through so much pain to make his molded and shaped the way he wanted it to on top of all the life-shortening chemicals he used to make it.. ^^;

Raenef
11-09-2007, 10:50 AM
I've wondered about the Xth form butt-guards as well. XD They just... seem to be there... to prevent spanking?

Oh! A wedding Shino~ I hope it turns out well! (and pictures upon completion is mandatory).

I've picked up work on my Keyaki again. He may not be finished by AUSA but that just means he'll be worn again to Katsucon. ^^

Progress (more for my memory than anything else):
Completed the tunic and belt and base pants. Still need to complete pants, and make shirt.
As for props, I have the fan in rough shape (needs sanding), the main part of necklace done (needs the part that holds main part to neck), horns painted, and wig colored. Still need to complete fan, style wig, attach horns to wig (does anyone know how to do this without dragging wig down?), and make shoes. Shoes will probably not be done in time to be safely worn to AUSA though. ^^;; *will need time to practice walking* @o@ I have confidence I can be there w/o correct shoes though. ^^

Ishotxemnas
11-09-2007, 04:32 PM
I've wondered about the Xth form butt-guards as well. XD They just... seem to be there... to prevent spanking?

Oh! A wedding Shino~ I hope it turns out well! (and pictures upon completion is mandatory).

I've picked up work on my Keyaki again. He may not be finished by AUSA but that just means he'll be worn again to Katsucon. ^^

Progress (more for my memory than anything else):
Completed the tunic and belt and base pants. Still need to complete pants, and make shirt.
As for props, I have the fan in rough shape (needs sanding), the main part of necklace done (needs the part that holds main part to neck), horns painted, and wig colored. Still need to complete fan, style wig, attach horns to wig (does anyone know how to do this without dragging wig down?), and make shoes. Shoes will probably not be done in time to be safely worn to AUSA though. ^^;; *will need time to practice walking* @o@ I have confidence I can be there w/o correct shoes though. ^^

Yeah keyaki has those traditional japanese shoes right? Man, for the looks those shoes look painful.
I've also bee curious about what to make haseo Xth's arm parts out of, I see he has a circle like thing with this invisible red line surrounding it, when i think about it, my head hurts. >.<

Meaka
11-09-2007, 06:24 PM
@Shiya- You're going to be a beautiful wedding!Shino. I have decided it to be so. ;_; <3

@Raenef- I have my own theories, but being the silly girl I am, they're probably way off from what the designers originally intended. Also, Zelkova = adorable. As for the horns... maybe make them hollow so they're lighter? XD; I don't really know...

@Ishotxemnas- Indeed I am, and not a moment of sewing goes by without me thinking, "WHY?!" And the floating red things... maybe try using thin wire to hook it to the main arm guard? 8D;
-----

I have discovered that my sewing machine will only get jammed and tear out a chunk of fabric when it's in an odd area of the pants. =<

narutard101
11-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Hooray :D I'm excited to get started on Tawaraya from //roots
http://www.dothackers.net/hyouokudesign.jpg
Shouldn't be overly difficult

haha you sure have the easier costume to make out of our groupXD

Ishotxemnas
11-10-2007, 07:03 AM
I have discovered that my sewing machine will only get jammed and tear out a chunk of fabric when it's in an odd area of the pants. =<

o_o Oh, wow. thats uh, that's not good.
lol *imagines haseo with a hole in his pants in a certain area.* What have you been doing?

Oh I how I love Tawaraya, he's just so lovable. But I like him more when his changes his character.

Oh and I've found away to make the arm guard, red floaty thing piece. It's very cheap but hey it works.

Poster Board Ftw!

Utai Mitsumo
11-10-2007, 10:26 AM
Would anyone mind dropping some pics of Shino with her staff my way? I haven't had any luck finding any, and I don't have a screencapper that works. I really don't want to have to pause my game to look for it >>;;

Aside from that...I...uh...started some dual guns just for fun.

Ishotxemnas
11-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Omg, I saw your 3rd form Haseo, It was Frickin Sweet!
*worships Utai mitsumo*
You started some Dual guns? I wanted to make some for Xth form. Please share some of your advice with us. (puppy eyes)

Utai Mitsumo
11-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Omg, I saw your 3rd form Haseo, It was Frickin Sweet!
*worships Utai mitsumo*
You started some Dual guns? I wanted to make some for Xth form. Please share some of your advice with us. (puppy eyes)

XD! Thanks! My poor scythe broke though (but I still have it XD).

I don't really know of any advice o.O I just started them, and they're more of an experiment than anything (though I plan on doing Xth form if I ever get enough money) (experiment because I usually make staffs, not guns XD). Patience is good advice, and it'd be best to sketch it out on paper first before even starting...that way you have a good idea of how it should flow (don't just look at the references, seriously draw it).

I didn't want to post images of it because it was supposed to be a secret XD but I'll give ya 3 images that I just took as I finished 1 detail piece of 1 gun (more details to follow):

Note: since I couldn't hold it up and get pics, (to grab all the angles) I found something else to hold it up XD;;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/Utai_Mitsumo/100_0629.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/Utai_Mitsumo/100_0630.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/Utai_Mitsumo/100_0631.jpg

Ishotxemnas
11-10-2007, 10:22 PM
what is that material? *I cant really tell* is that styrofoam?

Oh Draw it, ah I see! That certainly makes sense. I made a key blade from stryofoam before from drawing it. It was crappy but then again it was my first, Thanks for sharing this with us :D it definatly gave me some ideas. I have trouble drawing the Xth guns for simple fan art. ^^;; What will you use to paint it? *curious*

Utai Mitsumo
11-10-2007, 10:28 PM
what is that material? *I cant really tell* is that styrofoam?

Oh Draw it, ah I see! That certainly makes sense. I made a key blade from stryofoam before from drawing it. It was crappy but then again it was my first, Thanks for sharing this with us :D it definatly gave me some ideas. I have trouble drawing the Xth guns for simple fan art. ^^;; What will you use to paint it? *curious*

Foamboard. I'm really good with it ^^; (check out my Fai staff, that's foamboard as well)

Since there are so many details on the reference I have, I'll have to hand-paint it instead of my usual spraypaint. I'll probably use acrylic paint, but I haven't gotten that far yet ^^; I still have to figure out how to make the blade on the front float away from the gun XD;;;

Ishotxemnas
11-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Utai, you're so cool.
*fan girls*
Oh foam! Yeah, I made my Xth windmill that thingy out of Foam. I don't use it often, since Its hard to get where I'm located.

Anyway, Good luck with that orange floating piece, that part intimidates me the most. Even time I look at it I wince, and also it supposedly "glows"

Utai Mitsumo
11-10-2007, 10:49 PM
Utai, you're so cool.
*fan girls*
Oh foam! Yeah, I made my Xth windmill that thingy out of Foam. I don't use it often, since Its hard to get where I'm located.

Anyway, Good luck with that orange floating piece, that part intimidates me the most. Even time I look at it I wince, and also it supposedly "glows"

Wow, I'm being fangirl-ed X3 Sweet!

I'm actually probably going to make mine with foamboard and pvc pipe as the person I'm getting it from doesn't have it included (I have to go through e-bay, so I suck...but the person who's making it has excellent quality).

I've thought of some ideas to make it float, and I've got a few ideas to make it "glow"...but if I can't make it glow, it'll at least be bright XD

Turtleen
11-11-2007, 02:27 PM
I have one picture of Shino's staff xD; not great since a lot of it's covered by words, but it's something.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/amaisora/cosplay%20reference/shinostaff.jpg

I'm starting to work on Shino and Atoli's staffs this week.

Utai Mitsumo
11-11-2007, 04:28 PM
I have one picture of Shino's staff xD; not great since a lot of it's covered by words, but it's something.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/amaisora/cosplay%20reference/shinostaff.jpg

I'm starting to work on Shino and Atoli's staffs this week.

It helps a lot though! I appreciate it X3 It at least gives a general idea ^^

sweet_magic
11-12-2007, 06:08 PM
Sadly, the only progress I've made is buying my wig for Atoli. -__-; I'm doing the in game staff Atoli has.

Raenef
11-13-2007, 07:04 AM
Keyaki progress pics in my gallery~ :3

I'm putting the final finishing touches on my pants now and should at least have the shirt base made tonight.

*hopes to be done on time*

Varna
11-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Keyaki progress pics in my gallery~ :3

I'm putting the final finishing touches on my pants now and should at least have the shirt base made tonight.

*hopes to be done on time*

It's looking really good Raenef! You're going to make a really cute Zelkova XD

*Off-topic* OMG you have a T.M.Revolution cosplay!! I LOVE YOU XDDD

Raenef
11-14-2007, 04:21 PM
thanks rei~ <3 I love me some TMR too!

Keyaki pants are pretty much done! It is still lacking a waistband but I'm gonna put it off and see if I have time for it later since you can't see it anyway. ;D

Kouga-Fan
11-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Well, I'm maybe, kind of, possibly thinking of doing Skeith Phase One. XP Maybe.

sweet_magic
11-15-2007, 07:42 PM
A Skeith cosplay would be amazing to see. <3

FE Freak
11-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Hey everyone,I get to memorize all new people.XD Anyway I'm definitely going to be doing a Balmung cosplay from .hack//Twliight.It's going to be a major endeavor since I'll be working with armor and kinds of complicated winged goodness.I hope to enter it into a contest as well.

Utai Mitsumo
11-15-2007, 08:41 PM
I posted a pic of my completed gun about an hour ago if anyone's interested...well...the construction is complete XD;;;

ATOLIHASEOFTW
11-16-2007, 04:31 PM
I haven't made any progress on Atoli b/c of issues, but hopegully by Jan, I'll at least have what I need. I might not make her staff though :/ to save money.
And I'm debating weather or not to do Natume or kaeda, or is it spelled wrong. lol.

Ishotxemnas
11-16-2007, 05:04 PM
Raenef, I can't wait to glomp you at AUSA!

Kouga, I would molest a Skeith! *nummy nummy*

Oh and Utai I saw your Guns! Amazing! I totally want them O_O

*pokes breathless*

@FE freak, BALMUNG IS THE BOMB DIGGITY!

Utai Mitsumo
11-16-2007, 05:25 PM
Lol XD I don't think I'll ever make another pair. I'm not used to making guns, and I didn't think these would turn out like they have.

My fiancee wants to make me another pair of guns, so I'm gonna try to con him into making the DG-Z(?)...the ones you get after the FoP.

Kouga-Fan
11-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Raenef, I can't wait to glomp you at AUSA!

Kouga, I would molest a Skeith! *nummy nummy*

Oh and Utai I saw your Guns! Amazing! I totally want them O_O

*pokes breathless*

@FE freak, BALMUNG IS THE BOMB DIGGITY!Aww, great, now I have to watch out for you. Just kidding, I just won't make it. Nah, again, just kidding. XD

Ishotxemnas
11-21-2007, 09:46 AM
I totally want to find someone to be my skeith. I making a Haseo now, I think i'm more like him anyway.
D'omg! We had some much fun at our mini gathering at AUSA!
*huggles Raenef* I'm going to remake my Atoli because I hated that freakin hat. It kept falling off >__>
But that'd be put on the back burner. I really want to make something from trilogy. o__o It's coming out soon, Well the japanese version. I'll still be getting it perhaps at katsu i'll bring my dvd player and we'll all be nerds and watch it there.

Raenef
11-21-2007, 11:14 AM
I liked your Shino hat. It had a good shape to it. :3
Yeah we had fun! ^w^ I still can't believe we never saw a Haseo though... >.>;;

I think you should make a skeith puppet. *remembers an AWESOME summoner Yuna with an Ifrit puppet or that girl from death note with the skeleton hanging over her* X3!!! That would be awesome!

...or we could just kidnap Kouga-fan once skeith is finished. :3

Ishotxemnas
11-21-2007, 11:20 AM
I know! No Haseo!!?? Thats blasphemy! A skeith puppet? Or maybe a Skeith Plushie! That be so cute! I vote for kidnapping Kouga though...

shivachan
11-21-2007, 03:45 PM
Hey, new around here...

I was just wondering. I'm trying to go about and make a Shino cosplay (I didn't realize until I joined here how popular her character really is. I think more people cosplay her than Atoli. Poor Atoli...) and I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some reference pictures. Right now I'm working off of a 115x140 image of her game outfit (the black version) which is the outfit I want to make). I also have a fanart image that only really gives a decent view of her back, and then I have you wonderful fellow Shino cosplayers...

I was just wondering if anyone else had some better official images to work from. Just to get colours and everything. Thank you!

Raenef
11-21-2007, 04:41 PM
I found this (http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l294/ninja_gohan/Dot%20Hack%20pics/Shinosexy.png) on the .hack//boards... though it may just be fanart. (hard to tell)

The costume is pretty much same as Atoli's with different coloring so color is all you really need for reference. :3

Hope that helps.

Meaka
11-21-2007, 05:12 PM
Regarding puppets: 8D My friend wants to make an Atoli finger puppet for me. She was originally going to be my Atoli this summer, but things happened and now she can't go.

shivachan
11-21-2007, 06:46 PM
I found this (http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l294/ninja_gohan/Dot%20Hack%20pics/Shinosexy.png) on the .hack//boards... though it may just be fanart. (hard to tell)

The costume is pretty much same as Atoli's with different coloring so color is all you really need for reference. :3

Hope that helps.

It looks like fanart, but it's a lot better than the teeny tiny one I was using. Thank you! It helps a lot.

Caim
11-22-2007, 07:42 AM
i'm planning a haseo 2nd form costume, but i need reference pics, can anyone help me? i tried google and some other image searches but i only found one decent image :(

Ishotxemnas
11-23-2007, 11:21 AM
It looks like fanart, but it's a lot better than the teeny tiny one I was using. Thank you! It helps a lot.

I actually think it's official art. I saw it at .hack/wiki before. The art style looks similiar to the original creators.

@caim
All the .hack references you'll ever need
http://bluelaguna.net/movies/-hack-g-u-vol-2-reminisce/fmvs.php
They have screenshots and movies. :D

Meaka
11-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Yup, that's definitely an official picture of Shino. After all, it's on the main site (http://www.hack.channel.or.jp/gu/main.html) in her character section.

... You know. If it weren't for the "90% of the torso is EXPOSED" factor, I would love to cosplay Hiiragi one day. =<

Kouga-Fan
11-23-2007, 06:04 PM
I really need to start watching my back, eh? All this talk of kidnapping me... XD

Ishotxemnas
11-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Yup, that's definitely an official picture of Shino. After all, it's on the main site (http://www.hack.channel.or.jp/gu/main.html) in her character section.

... You know. If it weren't for the "90% of the torso is EXPOSED" factor, I would love to cosplay Hiiragi one day. =<

It's official ,I figured as much, and Hiiragi FTW!! He's so er-"she's" so awesome.

@Kouga, yes we will kidnap you. From where ever you may be. we will be there... lurking...in the darkness.

Edit: My Atoli
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=97327&member=64756
*hug me*

ATOLIHASEOFTW
11-25-2007, 06:24 PM
I'D HUG YOU! Are you doinf the Staff?

Faerie
11-25-2007, 08:32 PM
hm...this seems like a huge .hack chat room...and it seems everyone is like...best friends here...I feel like I'm intruding by posting in here.-.

well I came to ask for help. I am planning to make a blackrose...I have an idea of how to do some things but one thing I'm concerned about is the chest armor...does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could do that?

FE Freak
11-25-2007, 11:41 PM
Well,I'm new here so,don't feel out of place.Well,you could use Wonderflex.Other than that,I'm stumped,sorry.

Shiya Wind
11-26-2007, 12:05 AM
Random hello! :3 Cause I hardly ever post.
It's late..should be studying... ^^; bleh I'll get to that eventually..

I just bought all my wedding shino fabric. I know If I really wanted to, I could get it done within three days, but I'll have to wait after finals week. I'm just so anxious to get it done.
Our 2nd form Haseo was scattered in the closet after AX, but I convinced my boyfriend to bring it back to life again. xD yaay.

Someone had this idea with plushies at one of the gatherings (like paopu). I think it would be cute if someone made chim chim plushies for everyone at a gathering. xD It would be so cute to have.

Mairen, you can use foam sheets too. I hear a lot of people use it to make light-weight armor by heating and forming it. I personally don't like wonderflex. It's good, but it's not very flexible. I doubt it working well for Black Rose chest armor.
Also- if you're cosplaying in the heat, wonderflex armor will start melting. ^^; I used it as last minute prop to make the cuffs on Silabus' boots the night before Anime Expo, and the heat ruined it pretty badly. I would have used something much more efficent if I had more time. xD;
You can also use sculpey or clay, but it would be a bit heavy.
Throwing in some options if that helps at all. :]

Shiroake
11-26-2007, 02:15 AM
hm...this seems like a huge .hack chat room...and it seems everyone is like...best friends here...I feel like I'm intruding by posting in here.-.

well I came to ask for help. I am planning to make a blackrose...I have an idea of how to do some things but one thing I'm concerned about is the chest armor...does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could do that?

Aww don't feel like you're intruding! We love more people =) Good luck with Blackrose! I've never made armor before though so I don't think I'd be of much help. There are some armor making tutorials in the props section though I believe <3

Ishotxemnas
11-26-2007, 03:55 PM
@breathless, I have atoli's lost weapon. However it broke on the way to AUSA. :( I was Uber pissed.
@ mairen, thats because .hack fans are awesome! We spread the love. I wish you luck on your black rose! she's one of the originals so have fun with it. My kite is coming along swimmingly. :D I'll take pictures of it soon. Oh and I made a chim plushie!! I'll post it up soon too.

Good luck with your wedding shino too Shiya!

Raenef
11-26-2007, 06:59 PM
weee~ new people! Hello Mairen! I agree with the foam part. You could also try Amethyst Angel's guide for the fiberglass-aphoic or something like that. It uses plastic sheeting in addition to the foam to get the plate armor look. :3

OoOoo~ Good luck with wedding Shino, Shiya~! =^w^= I can't wait to see it!
*suddenly wants to make a "wedding" Keyaki* ^o^ ohohoho~

*hugs her Atoli* X3 Sorry to hear about the staff. Nearly everything from Keyaki broke after AUSA... so lots of fixing for me! And yes, you must post pics... must.... *zombie-hypnotism*

Meaka
11-26-2007, 07:05 PM
@Mairen: X3 Aww, don't feel intimidated! We're here to help~ And yea, I'd go with what everyone else is saying.

@Shiya: Good luck on wedding Shino! I just know it's gonna be beautiful! The Chim Chim plushies thing is a good idea, but... XD;;; I'm a bit hesitant to try, considering how my Chimmy for my backpack came out.

@Ishotxemnas: Oh gosh, I hate spontaneous prop-breakage. I had Bo's Grimoire (the starter one, not his Lost Weapon), but it broke in the hotel room the night before.

Ishotxemnas
11-27-2007, 03:26 PM
*hugs back raenef* Yeah I saw you poor emblem on your shirt broke. :( It's frustrating! All that hard work for your costume to crap out at the last minute. I had my weapon painted and shiny and everything! then the large circle hip the roof of the car as I got out. I must have cursed like a sailor for a good 5 minutes. since i didn't bring any glue or anything. ;__; All my hard work. meh, I'll have to done for otakon or whenever I decide to do atoli again. :D
@ Meaka, Lucky! you had a hotel! :( I didn't get to go this time but I shall next year! Man summer is so FAR AWAY! This gives me time to find references for azure balmung. I don't know why, but I was playing G.U Vol.2 and I fell in love. instantanously. (it's a word, google it) I fell in love and if i can find a way to make his wings so that: they don't fall, don't smack people in the face, don't cause me to get stuck in doors, don't stab people in the chest, then I'm so totally making azure balmung!

Maguma
11-27-2007, 03:35 PM
how have i missed this thread for so long?!?!?!?! *hits head*

Ishotxemnas
11-27-2007, 03:48 PM
*slaps you*
Where have you been?!? Mr. Peanut butter jelly dancing with yuri lowenthal man!

Maguma
11-27-2007, 04:00 PM
Dats Right

Ishotxemnas
11-27-2007, 04:05 PM
You WestCoasters think you're sooooo great! lol j/k
How was AX? I wanted to go this year, but funds and all.
Darnit I wanted to meet Yuri! I wouldv'e shagged-ER I mean glomped him LOVINGLY.
well , good luck with your azure flame god. I can only image the hell of having to carry around the big wheel thing. *shiver*
Good luck getting into doors. heh.

Maguma
11-27-2007, 04:07 PM
hahahaha i know! it'll be detachable though thank the lords. And Yuri OWNS YOU ALL hahahaha, you may kiss my hat!

Ishotxemnas
11-27-2007, 04:18 PM
I'd rather kiss yuri KK THX!
*Fangirl moment over*

Detachable, HAHA! I can only laugh at the visual
"hey guys help me with my wheel. Guys...?"
*Your friend abandonned you and are all at Arby's or something*
You're a sad, lonely little azure kite, holding your wheel, all alone in the dark.
*Ok on a cosplay related subject*
So, I'm torn between Bst form and Azure Balmung. Mostly because I wanted to be someone badass. Blunt, but it's the truth. I can bet azure balmung would be more noticible then Bst form. and Bst form is kind of intimidating. ^^;; And I mean no puns but this, but it's "Horny" and i'm not good with making horns. they'd look like really pointy cylinders.
So I think I might be Azure Balmung for Otakon If I find a way to make the wings that would cause the death of innocents.
Any suggestions or pictures of azure balmungs wings? you'd be a big help to me. :)

ATOLIHASEOFTW
11-27-2007, 04:37 PM
Aww!! You're so lucky, Maguma. (I have a feeling I know you from Somewhere....) D: I want to do teh Peanut butter jelly dance with yuri!!! And you started Break Dancing!!! D:

Turtleen
11-27-2007, 04:48 PM
@Ishotxemnas - I know there are some wing tutorials in the props section that have a tutorial for making a metal base for them, you could probably do something like that. Here's one of them, some look pretty complicated though xD http://www.tokyopop.com/Robofish/tp_article/286954.html
And, I love your Atoli!

I broke my staff for Shino while packing cosplay stuff for Vancouver. Never did get any pictures of it >_>

Ishotxemnas
11-27-2007, 05:01 PM
I know! I didn't get any pictures of my Lost weapon either!
I'm so mad! *hugs you* You're Shino is So cute! Oh and thanks for that tutorial! I'll definantly read it and TRY to make it. Jeez it looks so hard. *dies a little on the inside*

Raiji Magiwind
11-27-2007, 05:42 PM
I May think of trying to do a .Hack cosplay this year if I feel in the mood for it...maybe Kuhn from GU, since I feel inspired in doing him after getting to meet the voice actor for him, Johnny Yong Bosch. I'm gonna have to start pouring over all my .Hack stuff again to see if any of the characters strike my fancy...

ATOLIHASEOFTW
11-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Ah wings! D: I still have to make the costume (1st year cosplay FOR REAL. ). D: Why did I have to pick such a complicate character like Atoli (JK, she's better then haseo) D: I can't sew either D:

Maguma
11-27-2007, 08:30 PM
I'd rather kiss yuri KK THX!
*Fangirl moment over*

Detachable, HAHA! I can only laugh at the visual
"hey guys help me with my wheel. Guys...?"
*Your friend abandonned you and are all at Arby's or something*
You're a sad, lonely little azure kite, holding your wheel, all alone in the dark.
*Ok on a cosplay related subject*
So, I'm torn between Bst form and Azure Balmung. Mostly because I wanted to be someone badass. Blunt, but it's the truth. I can bet azure balmung would be more noticible then Bst form. and Bst form is kind of intimidating. ^^;; And I mean no puns but this, but it's "Horny" and i'm not good with making horns. they'd look like really pointy cylinders.
So I think I might be Azure Balmung for Otakon If I find a way to make the wings that would cause the death of innocents.
Any suggestions or pictures of azure balmungs wings? you'd be a big help to me. :)
For the wings I'd suggest Balsa wood, you'll get the right texture you'll need, thin enough and light weight, and its easy to cut with an exacto knife, you'll just need to be careful with the wings on. and I'd suggest that the wings be detachable some how from the actual armor itself so you don't run the risk of breaking them with packing and what not.

Aww!! You're so lucky, Maguma. (I have a feeling I know you from Somewhere....) D: I want to do teh Peanut butter jelly dance with yuri!!! And you started Break Dancing!!! D:It's a possibility you know me, you seem to know my Internet name already lol.

Utai Mitsumo
11-27-2007, 08:41 PM
Anyone have suggestions for cheap glow in the dark paint (that isn't green glowing)? I've looked online for glow in the dark paint...but it's freakishly expensive. I'm trying to make my gun blades glow, and I don't know how to use LEDs or whatever some people use to make things glow...

Maguma
11-27-2007, 08:42 PM
Go to an art store for glow in the dark paint.

Utai Mitsumo
11-27-2007, 08:46 PM
Been there, done that...my AC Moore and Michael's only sells green glow in the dark paint. Lol I even tried Wal-Mart and they carry the same color...green. I'm trying to find an orange glow that's not $10 for 1 oz.

Maguma
11-27-2007, 08:48 PM
i think that's the only color you'll find lol

ATOLIHASEOFTW
11-28-2007, 07:56 PM
I want to my crafts store. I complete forgot how to take measurements D: Am I ever going to be ready?! XD

@Maguma: Yeah, I figure it out after looking at ur gallery. XD i knew it was U dancing with Yuri 8D <3

Raenef
11-30-2007, 06:58 AM
I hate sawing. XP *continues to try to make shoes for Zelkova*

Ishotxemnas
12-01-2007, 06:24 PM
@ ATOLIHASEOFTW. (jeez, make a shorter name!) I'll just call you FTW.
Anyway, Good luck on your Atoli! I'll seriously try to make an alkaid so we can do all those lezy things at otakon. If not then, I'll think of something!

About, Azure Balmung. I made his wig, but I epically failed at the wings. I'll probably use his wig and dye it to make it into something else. Also, Azure balmung for otakon would be my own personal metal hell. So..NEXT!

I need to find some more pictures of kite from .hack/link. Anyone hear of .hack link? that tokio guy looks interesting, besides from his goofy hair. I mean, his hair is ridiculous looking. He reminds me of the digimon kid..anyway. Perhaps when .hack/link makes it's appearance officially, I'll grow to like him.

P.s anyone hear about trilogy? I hear it's being pushed back until march. Noooo;____; I was still hoping to see the japanese version for more info on Bst form.

@raenef*steals your chim chim from your Icon*
I'm in your Icon taking your chims!!

Utai Mitsumo
12-01-2007, 06:34 PM
I just read about Trilogy as well. It sucks that it won't be until March >>; I was looking forward to it.

Turtleen
12-01-2007, 09:28 PM
DD: What? That's horrible. If it came out in January I would've been able to buy it right away D:

xD Yeah he looks just like Taichi, goggles, hair... expression. Is .hack//link the anime or game of the new series? I read about it but it didn't say what it was exactly, just a new .hack series.

Maguma
12-03-2007, 12:19 PM
I can't wait for trilogy, its gunna help alot for details when i make Flame god, also I've been thinking of cosplaying Tokio, i love the character style!

Ishotxemnas
12-03-2007, 05:47 PM
There arent enough pictures of tokio, From what I see he has some sort of funky green and black gloves. they look cool, although his hair makes me wince >.<
trilogy won't be out for a while ;___; I guess i can stop saving money for it.

Maguma
12-03-2007, 09:04 PM
well when more info comes out for him I'll definately give it a shot!

Raenef
12-05-2007, 07:18 AM
@Ishotxemnas - NoOoOo~ my chim! *burp* well at least the chim sphere was yummy...

>.<;; I'm so behind on all stuffs... *still hasn't gotten GU2 yet* ;_;

*wanders off to search for cool new .hack// stuff mentioned*

*edit* OMG. I never thought I'd ever want to cosplay Atoli but Trilogy AIDA infected Atoli is so pretty!

...though I still want to cosplay Albireo and Midori first. :3

Maguma
12-07-2007, 03:14 PM
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/4287/flamegodwingspart2002sv0.jpg
Latest updates on Flamge god :3 just wanted to share

Ishotxemnas
12-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Om-jesus! You're my hero. Maybe once you get your west coast butt over to the east coast, I can glomp you in it.
@ raenef, yeah I know! The aida atoli is just so eerie and somewhat scary. But i like it anyway, I'd cosplay it but I have instant nightmares of walking around with that big green dress on and that hat, sheesh! I'll also need a haseo in his 2nd form to impale. hmm...

Turtleen
12-08-2007, 02:23 PM
I'll be excited to see Flame God finished! =D Your Azure Kite is great so of course his avatar will look amazing too.

I've also been wanting to make AIDA Atoli... hm, I must like AIDA'd stuff xD

Meaka
12-08-2007, 06:13 PM
Aw maaan. I just got back from vacation, and I'm in the mood to actually work on that stupid costume. Alas, I'm afraid to cut any more fabric. ;_; The one I picked for Xth Haseo's shirt is so pretty. *pets it*

Dude, AIDA!Atoli is really nifty. And at least her AIDA-infection looks a lot cooler than some other people's (Aha, Vol. 3).

@Maguma- Oooh, spiffy~ *o*

Ishotxemnas
12-09-2007, 03:32 PM
I'm so blown! I had expected to get trilogy before katsucon! (mega frown)

Good luck on XTH form meaka! Are you going to otakon this year again? I really hope to be there. I don't know what I'll be though, .hack has so many great characters. *Is torn* I definantly want to cosplay haseo ONCE, but Otakon is hot and crowded and just all around ICKY. I still love it though, funny how the whole love/hate thing works. :/

Oh a cosplayed related subject, I made a shino,black version, but I'm seriously thinking about revising it along with Atoli.
I like everything, BUT the hat. Why does it hate me so much? Why? It doesn't want to stay on my head! It's like, "No! I don't want to sit upon you, Unhand me!" and I'm like, :(
So yeah, *kicks shino hat*
I'll have to find something else for Katsucon, which I had planned on being shino, or Bo, Hopefully I can finish something by then. :)

Raenef
12-10-2007, 11:22 AM
@Maguma - looking good! can't wait to see it all come together~

@Meaka - Xth form is so pretty... good luck with your construction! What kind of fabric is it?

@Ishotxemnas - .__. sorry to hear about your hat issues. I hope you'll have something for Katsucon too or I'll be one lonely Keyaki... ^^;;

Varna
12-10-2007, 12:11 PM
Gah, I haven't been in this thread in a while XD; I should be working more on my Silabus but I have Christmas presents to take care of first <__<;

I just looked at your Zelkova cosplay Raenef, you look soooo cute! ^__^ Everything looks really well made too~

Everyone seems to live on the east or west coast, when is the midwest going to get more recognition?! XD;;

Ishotxemnas
12-10-2007, 04:16 PM
Cool, I can't wait to see you're silabus! He doesn't get cosplay'd often.

East siiiiiiide.
Midwest coast lol!
wait, midwest doesn't have a coast.
I have family in the midwest, so I love it.
Midwest Siiiiiiide or centeeeeeer, since mid west doesn't have a side...
JEEZ, I hate geography!

@ Raenef,
Noooooo ;____; I can't let keyaki-chan be all alone! I'll figure something out, hopefully o__o;; I'd love to be another member of moon tree. Hiiragi=love, but he dresses like a stripper. Kaedes' shoes scare me, I lol'd @ sophora, There is sakaki. Even though I uber abhor him, i still like his hair. It's Shiny and green.

ATOLIHASEOFTW
12-10-2007, 07:25 PM
The stop talking about it!! XD LOL. I hope to start on mine like after Xmas.

Darn hat. I hate hats. But I think it'll be easier then I think. Maybe 83. I should really try to go to Katsucon. D:

Ishotxemnas
12-11-2007, 04:25 PM
OM-JESUS!
Breathless come to katsucon!!! I'll be there! We needed more .hack cosplayers. Joiiiiiiiiiiiiin Us!

Meaka
12-12-2007, 08:58 PM
@Ishotxemnas- Yup! If all goes well, I should be at Otakon again this year! \o/ And oh gosh, the heat. I'm used to New Jersey heat, which isn't quite as bad as Maryland heat. That + long pants = dead Meaka.

@Raenef- I'm still a newbie at this, so I have no idea what it's really called... but umm... have a crappy, way too close and dark picture (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/ccmeaka/Stuff/Cosplay%20Progress/Xth%20Whoar/IMG_0668.jpg)?

@ATOLIHASEOFTW- Some things are like that. XD I remember thinking Bo's shoes would be impossible, but they turned out to be one of the easiest parts (let's just... ignore the fact they kinda died on me). Just take your time and try not to force yourself to keep working if you get frustrated. I learned this the hard way...

Argh. Schoolwork has come out of the woodwork on me! I probably won't be able to actually get anything done until Winter Break now. But then, I'll probably wind up getting distracted anyway. Curse my short attention span!

Sushi Monster
12-13-2007, 05:15 PM
Hmmmmmm should I use shiny black vinyl or black pleather for SakuBo's backpack? XD

Maguma
12-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Id suggest black pleather. Think of school girl carry bags

Varna
12-13-2007, 05:45 PM
Hmmmmmm should I use shiny black vinyl or black pleather for SakuBo's backpack? XD

I actually think shiny black vinyl would look cuter XD

Sushi Monster
12-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Yeah I'm not really going for accuracy for the bag, just whatever would look cute XD

So far it's 1 to 1 though! We need a tiebreaker!

Ishotxemnas
12-14-2007, 07:53 PM
Well,
You should choose whatever is the easiest to get your hands on, and the most affordable.
*cough vinyl cough*
@meaka, :O don't die! we need you to bring more chim cookies, I heard they were epic.

ATOLIHASEOFTW
12-15-2007, 08:48 AM
Are there any cons in Alabama?

I really hate the south D:

Meaka
12-15-2007, 01:35 PM
@Ishotxemnas- Ehe, they weren't that great. They were only sugar cookies.

@ATOLIHASEOFTW- According to the magic of Google/Wikipedia, there's something called PersaCon (http://pc.epicenternetworks.com/) in Huntsville, Alabama.

Yay, I got my wig yesterday! But I'm way too intimidated to attempt to style it just yet. XD

Ovan
12-15-2007, 10:30 PM
@ATOLIHASEOFTW- I think there going to be a small con at Auburn University call AUDSM http://www.ausam-con.com/

Ishotxemnas
12-19-2007, 12:45 PM
Ovaaaaaaaaa-
I'm sorry ^^;;

So, I managed to finish my BO costume. I might wear it to Katsu If I can't bring myself to complete alkaid. :D I'll post up some pictures, oh and I made a new chim plushie. How's everyone elses' costumes?

DigitalGypsy
12-19-2007, 01:14 PM
Well I figure its about time I post in this thread, lol. I'm in the middle of making an Asta cosplay, but I've got to run to the Joannes Fabrics to get more supplies. So far I have only done the pants. And I will be going to Katsucon! But I'd rather finish Asta before I decide which .hack cosplay to bring. I have to decide if I like Asta or Alkaid more to wear to it.

ATOLIHASEOFTW
12-19-2007, 01:30 PM
haha. thanks. I hope, still hoping to get to katsukon. maybe I'll get that thing call a job I should've had for like a long time ago xD

Meaka
12-19-2007, 08:54 PM
@Ishotxemnas- Ahaha, I haven't gotten anywhere, really. XD I've been so busy studying for an anatomy test that I didn't have much time to sew. And I can't wait to see your Bo costume!

@DigitalGypsey- Asta, yay! Also, your Alkaid was AMAZING at Otakon!

Ishotxemnas
12-20-2007, 01:23 PM
@Meaka
So far, it's really crappy and bootleg but, meh. Once I get my new singer I can finally rest my poor fingers, I've been hand sewing the whole time >_<
A few times I used my friends machine, but I REALLY hope to get one for christmas :D which is in 5 days *dances around*

@Atolihaseoftw, I command you to cooooooome! (No puns intended)

@ digital gypsy, ASTA FTW! I remember talking about her hat at AUSA, It's so "Hexagonal-Octogonish" Like something you'd see off of katamari- *get's shot*
Your alkaid was EPIC! I've been looking at yours as a reference >_< they're arent many alkaid cosplayers and I really wanted to make one. You're coming to katsu?? Yay! I'll be there! As Bo or Some other person I decide to make before february rolls around. I really wanted to make alkaid though, I've been wanting too since last katsucon! It's been put on the back burner ;__;
May I ask, how did you make those shoes? That so far has been bugging me. I can't find any good shoes! So far I've been just thinking of sandals.

Rainie
12-20-2007, 01:36 PM
@Ishotxemnas- Ahaha, I haven't gotten anywhere, really. XD I've been so busy studying for an anatomy test that I didn't have much time to sew. And I can't wait to see your Bo costume!

@DigitalGypsey- Asta, yay! Also, your Alkaid was AMAZING at Otakon!

Meaka: I was looking through your gallery and I saw that you cosplayed Bo for Otakon this past year, yes? I took A LOT of pictures from the .hack photoshoot =D

I have a picture of a P-I-M-P Ovan with you in it if ya want XDD

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x233/RainieKyioOtakon07/Otakon%2007%20-%20Saturday/Dot%20Hack%20Photoshoot/DSC02326.jpg

DigitalGypsy
12-20-2007, 02:57 PM
@Meaka- Thank you!

@Ishotxemnas- Haha yeah I'm going to love doing Asta's hat. And thanks! Alkaid is really harder to make than I though it would be, maybe thats why ppl don't cosplay her as much. For the shoes, I just bought ones at the mall that were close enough and painted them. I would love to find a more accurate pair someday, but the ones I have now are good enough. And if you find a better way to put that fan on her back, let me know! Im still looking for a better way to do mine.

Budds
12-21-2007, 03:09 PM
.Hack GU OWNS ALL!
GU and Roots REALLY did the .hack series some justice after the first 4 games(if anyone played them you'd know what I mean xD ENDLESS dungeon crawling)

The character designs in .hack//GU are so amazing too!
For Fanime 2008 I'm going to be cosplaying as Roots Haseo.
EMO HASEO FTW XD

Budds
12-21-2007, 04:55 PM
@digitalgypsy- Your one of the best Alkaid's I've seen! I want to try to cosplay her but she seems a bit challenging to do. Alkaid is so aweome, she isn't one of the typical girls in a series, she's such a tomboy and i love it! XD
Also, your 'thumbs-up' pic of Alkaid, I've really been tempted to photoshop the words 'ALKAID APPROVED!' onto it :crylaugh:

I also wanna do Haseo's Xth form but his butt plates look like a pain and his coat rack is no better xD

Ishotxemnas
12-21-2007, 05:14 PM
@digital gypsy, will do! If I can find a easier way to attach that fan I'll let you know. I fear it'll be a royal pain.

Why hello there Budds! Welcome to the thread :D
Yes .hack g.u is good, however the original .hack/mutation series still holds a place in my heart ;__; *tear*
I wish you luck with your haseo! and yes he's butt plates are rather silly looking ^^;; It makes me ponder their true purpose. Just to make cosplayers angry I assume.

Budds
12-21-2007, 06:02 PM
Why hello there Budds! Welcome to the thread :D
Yes .hack g.u is good, however the original .hack/mutation series still holds a place in my heart ;__; *tear*
I wish you luck with your haseo! and yes he's butt plates are rather silly looking ^^;; It makes me ponder their true purpose. Just to make cosplayers angry I assume.

Thank you :D I'm going to start the upper-half this week so I'll have progress pictures up ^^
OMG those buttplates made ME angry xD They just jiggled whenever I ran, such a distraction X.X

DigitalGypsy
12-21-2007, 08:03 PM
@Budds- Thank you! Alkaid can be challenging to do, but so worth it, lol. You can go ahead and photoshop the thumbs up picture if you want! If you do I so want to see it haha.

I cannot wait to finish Asta, I think I can have it done by the time winter break is over. And I think I might attempt her gaint weapon and have it done before katsucon.

Ishotxemnas
12-22-2007, 09:05 AM
Yay, Asta! We can poke at your hat all day! :)

@budds, your making xth form? or the 1st form? Xth form was a PAIN I thought the shirt part would be fairly easy. It wasn't! Nothing about that -form is easy. >_<come to think of it, none of haseo's forms are easy.
I lol @ his butt plates, we should make a skit about them.

-The TRUE purpose of haseo's butt plates-
Haseo: O_O oh no my secret pocky stash!

Budds
12-22-2007, 01:10 PM
Yay, Asta! We can poke at your hat all day! :)

@budds, your making xth form? or the 1st form? Xth form was a PAIN I thought the shirt part would be fairly easy. It wasn't! Nothing about that -form is easy. >_<come to think of it, none of haseo's forms are easy.
I lol @ his butt plates, we should make a skit about them.

-The TRUE purpose of haseo's butt plates-
Haseo: O_O oh no my secret pocky stash!

LOL! We should make a skit....to bad I live in California xD
I'm going his 1st form, well, Roots form for Fanime next year. But I'm planning on doing his xth form sometime soon. It just looks so...AMAZING O.O
Do you have any pictures of your xth form cosplay?

Good news! Sometime this week(maybe tomorrow) I'm going to Joanne's to get PLEATHER to start on Haseo. Damn pleather is going to make me roast xD

Man I'm typing to much but, how's your Alkaid costume comming along xemnas-shooter? XD

Ishotxemnas
12-22-2007, 01:26 PM
Sweet a roots Haseo! I really loved roots, mostly because of the random funnys moments and the music.

Xemnas-Shooter, I lol'd!
Currently I finished my Bo and now i'm taking a break >_< But I did finish my alkaid wig :3

I've been waiting the trilogy trailer repeatedly. For some strange reason I want to cosplay Ovan. So I can walk up to random people and say "Become Stronger.." Or drag a Haseo cosplayer into the walgreens and say, "Welcome....to the Walgreens"

Meaka
12-22-2007, 02:05 PM
@Ishotxemnas- "Welcome... to the Walgreens" is quite possibly the greatest quote I've ever heard. 8Db

@Budds- Ooh, good luck with that! At least the //Roots version has less belts to worry about!

XD Right now, I'm trying to wonder where I'm going to find 14 identical belt buckles for the arm guards. I'll probably wind up making them myself somehow. I originally just considered getting dog collars and using them, but... yea, that'd be hard to explain. I checked Michael's, but they didn't have the right kind.

Ishotxemnas
12-22-2007, 02:31 PM
lol 14 dog collars? perhaps ordering them online? There so hard to find in fabric stores. I found some good ones in walmart once and then they dissapeared forever...

Walgreens is like another world inside our world. i swear, it's like the place has less gravity or something. I float around with bundles of items in my hands and then I end up never buy anything. :/

>_< I can't wait to see your XTH at otakon! Its so far awaaay ;____;

Budds
12-22-2007, 05:25 PM
LOL!!! Walgreen is AMAZING! Just walking in there my mind is like :eek:

I found a website online that sold regular belt buckles, the kind Haseo has. They were selling like a dozen for 3 dollars or something...sadly I lost that link >>
I shall re-find it! xD

Ishotxemnas
12-22-2007, 05:40 PM
I actually did a count of belts for my haseo 2nd form. I actually meant to make that for ausa but I couldn't find good enough boots.
My count was near to 50, including the ones on the shirt. >_<

Budds
12-22-2007, 05:56 PM
I actually did a count of belts for my haseo 2nd form. I actually meant to make that for ausa but I couldn't find good enough boots.
My count was near to 50, including the ones on the shirt. >_<

50 o.o
Damn you Haseo and your belt obsession D<
His Roots form only has 8 belt buckles..which is good xD
The only thing is I don't know what to do for his butt-weapons..whatever they are! They're so...weird..

Meaka
12-23-2007, 06:49 PM
Aha! JoAnn's has the belt buckles that I'll need for the arm guards. Hopefully, no questions will be asked. XD I probably won't be able to get there until after Christmas, though. Our JoAnn's is by the mall, and... yeeaaaa. I'm not going over there.

I'm excited! I made my first pair of pants ever! They look okay to me, so... yay? I just need to get dye for the bottoms and make the ninja belt and they're DONE!

----

@Budds- Holy crap, good luck with those things. I'm not quite sure what they are, either. D:

@Ishotxemnas- 50?! See, this is why I chose the Xth form (... I think?).

Ishotxemnas
12-23-2007, 07:00 PM
Woo go meaka! Becareful with that dye though O_O I had a tragic expericence with fabric dye >_< Gradients are so friggin hard to do.

Xth form sure does less belts then all of the other forms, thats a plus!however, that windmill roller coaster seat thingy on his back is just ridiculous. What does that thing do??? What is it's purpose? Does it increase his running speed or something? If you had that thing on your back I don't think you'd be able to run any faster. I swear Bandai hates us >_<

Ninja belt, I lol'd. Maybe I can be ovan without that big arm locky thing. He was a normal player...once.

Meaka
12-23-2007, 07:12 PM
Or maybe you could make his *SPOILER* arm? Though, that'd probably be hard to figure out.

I'm contemplating the uses for the coatrack, too. So far, my only conclusion is... a coatrack. XD; So I asked my friends to bring light jackets and they'll hang it on it for fun. Or air fresheners in case it's not too sturdy.

Eep, that's my main worry, too. I'll probably have a piece of test fabric first to see how the dye works.

Ishotxemnas
12-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Coatrack?!? *Rolls around laughing* I'm going to go draw fanart of that now.
Oh you mean his weird "hooky" arm? I can even comtemplate how i'm going to make that. However it would be pretty epic If I did. :/ and I could further annoy a haseo cosplayer.
"THIS IS THE TRUTH YOU'VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR!" *pulls out a fortune teller* "Now, pick a number!"

Turtleen
12-23-2007, 09:15 PM
I'm going to be making the walking spoiler Ovan soon, just leaving a hole open for the arm and taping it to my shoulder or something XD
It does look like a coatrack...

Budds
12-23-2007, 09:48 PM
LO! Haseo's Xth form is so useful. Buttplates, coatrack xD -sigh- Bandai does hate us.

"LETS PUT PLATES ON HIS BUTT!"
"Plates..?"
"YEAH!!! LETS DO IT"
*Shrug* "Alright, plates on his butt it is!"

I also realized that each of Haseo's forms resembles an animals..
Form 1: TURTLE(the symbols on his shoulders and that weapon thingy on his putt look like turtles)
Form 2: BULL (he has those horn thingies on his back)
Form 3: KITTY (the two spikes of hair on his head look like kitty ears!)
Xth Form: If you look at his glove closely, it looks like an owl! xD

Yes....I have too much time on my hands xD

Ishotxemnas
12-23-2007, 10:56 PM
An owl?? Haha!!
Haseo XTH Form shall now be known as the Home Depot form!
I like his 3rd form more then all of the rest, too bad it's virtually impossible for me to make. >_<
Everytime I see I think of a certain song...
Dragon Tails Dragon tails, come along take my hand Lets all go to dragon laaaaaand.

Turtleen
12-24-2007, 04:00 PM
DRAGON TAILS.
I always thought it looked like an owl too xD
There's someone in the 2nd game I think who says that he looks like a kitty in 3rd form and asks to touch his hair.

Budds
12-24-2007, 05:33 PM
DRAGON TAILS.
I always thought it looked like an owl too xD
There's someone in the 2nd game I think who says that he looks like a kitty in 3rd form and asks to touch his hair.

LMAO!! Haseo would beat their a** if they did xD Unless they were Shino...or Ovan *snickers in corner* I think Ovan's a pedophile

shivachan
12-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Hello! I've been watching this thread for months but have been too scared to join in (I never wanted to intrude on the fun you guys seem to have. .hack groups are always so much fun because the characters can sometimes be so ridiculous! It's too much at times.

I'm planning to cosplay Shino over the summer with my girlfriend (xth form Haseo... *groans, I know! so tedious...*) and well... yeah... I haven't even gotten STARTED yet. But I still have time. Right?

I have the wig, but it's a light purple colour... but I'm thinking of making Shino's outfit more black than what others make it (I've seen it as almost a plum colour sometimes.) But I don't really know... like I said, haven't started.

I hope you guys let me in on the party that's going down around here.

Ishotxemnas
12-28-2007, 10:30 PM
Ack! This thread went down so much ;__;
Greetings shivachan! Yes, join in the maddness. mwaha.
Yay more shino's! I love shino/atoli's outfit design its so cute >_< And Xth form just looks so badass doesn't it? Then once you start making your like, "God, why! why does he need a coat rack on his back? why does he have plates on his butt?? what is the point of all this?"

p.s yes ovan is a pedo, him and his shiny glasses. Pedo glasses!

Meaka
12-28-2007, 10:47 PM
@shivachan- We're not that intimidating, are we? 8D;; About the outfit color, I believe it's because //Roots had a more purple-ish shade on her "dark" outfit than the games.

8D Oh my, another person suffering through the production process of the Xth form. Sometimes, I wonder what Yoshiyuki Sadamoto was thinking when he designed it...

Ishotxemnas
12-28-2007, 11:36 PM
He hates us.
Him and whoever did the camera angles have got issues! I mean, it's like crotch shot heaven.

shivachan
12-29-2007, 07:33 AM
@Ishotxemnas-
Well, I still don't know whether I want to cosplay Shino or Atoli... But I basically only have to figure that out by the time I go and start buying fabric for the dress. ^^ I love Atoli so much, she's my favourite character in the entire game (I just relate to her really well...) But Shino is so wonderful and acts more like Haseo's older sister and I really love her relationship with Haseo...

@Meaka-
Not intimidating... but it's hard to just kinda worm your way into a place. The .hack communities on LiveJournal (especially the G.U. ones are like a home to me, so squeezing into a new scene is... new?) I'm glad you guys are JUST as special. G.U. is so easy to just... make FUN of! We mock what we love.

And I haven't actually seen Roots. But when watching the scenes with Shino in the game (though they were more 'sepia flashback hued') her dress looked more black and her hair more a light purple...

But I still don't know if I'll be Atoli or Shino. We'll see.

The Xth form is insane, but I think it's Haseo's best. He always looks so... HAPPY and smiley in that form more than his others. But the random bits of armour is crazy. It really does make me wonder if the wheel on his back actually is like a propeller. Maybe he can fly?

But I can't explain the plates. *shakes head*

idimmu
12-29-2007, 02:15 PM
@shivachan

Durr hurr, I know you.

^^;;

Anyways, I'm another crazy person making all of Haseo's armour for Xth form. OMG brains. I'll probably just free form it out of wonderflex though. Hopefully it doesn't melt in the car on the way up? Heh... It shouldn't...

I'm a procrastinator till the bitter end, so this cosplay season is definately going to be learning time.

So I've seen the bit on needing 14 matching buckles for his arm pieces, but has anyone noticed any other random details in that outfit?

Ishotxemnas
12-29-2007, 04:00 PM
Hey Xth form guys, I found this really cool image that would be of great to you all. It almost makes me want to finish up mine.
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc307/Haruhi_Mikuru_Bunny_Girl/dot%20hack/Haseo-Xth-Form.jpg

His shoes reminds me of grandfather clocks
Silly Home Depot Form.

@ Shivachan
Atoli, or Shino thats a tough decision. ^^;; They're both cute, poor haseo. lol having to make that decision must have been tough!
You should be whomever you relate to most, and if you relate to them both. Cosplay them both ^^ and roots is pretty awesome. I hooked me in the 1st episode. I love the random funny moments, like when kuhn- *get's shot for trying to spoil things*

shivachan
12-29-2007, 04:12 PM
@Idimmu-
*pokes* =P

That's a really awesome picture Ishotxemnas! Sweet.

Atoli and Shino ARE both cute (but then again, they are digitized graphics and probably mostly look the exact same minus some details like colour and Shino's teardrop tattoo.) I love Haseo/Atoli... it makes me turn into utter mush! (I do really like the both of them... but I just have to choose one of them right now. Once I make the outfit once, I'm sure I can do it again later in different colours. ^^)

Is it sad to sad that the animation style of Roots kinda threw me off? I started playing G.U. first and then... the art in Roots was so different it made me sad... *is shallow like that?* But I really DO want to try to watch the show. Or else I barely understand things.

.hack is wonderful for its random funny moments. ^___^ It's what makes it so hilarious.

Ishotxemnas
12-30-2007, 03:19 PM
I really do like haseo/atoli to be honest i never thought i would. I usually don't like the story line couples. Gabi/Haseo FTW! *I'm joking*
I hope all goes well with your costume ^^
Since you like them both , whom ever you pick you'll be happy be happy with.
AND, you can go around harassing Haseo cosplayers. I really want to make an Ovan for the purpose.
*sneaks up behind random people*
"Become Stronger..."

shivachan
12-30-2007, 03:33 PM
*dies*

That would be SO hilarious! Seriously, I died at you "Welcome... To the Walgreens" comment.

Harassing Haseo is what makes my day.

I usually don't like storyline couples either... but there's something about Haseo and Atoli... It works so well. Or maybe it's because I relate to her so much and I desperately want her to be happy.

Haseo's such a player though. Everyone falls for him (I also love him with Kuhn or Silabus. Endrance is also... hilarious.)

It would definitely be more fun to have a Haseo, Shino and Ovan... but I don't know who would be willing to be Ovan out of the small group of friends in my area...

Ishotxemnas
12-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Yes! Kuhn/Haseo they're my OTP!
That is so true, Everyone is gay for Haseo. EVERYONE, even CHIM.
That would be so cool if we could have roots group at otakon >_< I love roots characters! especially midori and saburo. I'd love to find more references for midori, the hit taker girl. I can't find any good references.

shivachan
12-30-2007, 04:11 PM
One day I wanna cosplay Tabby too, cause I adore her. She's so CUTE!

The only problem is the wig that curls into a tail... >< Why can't she just HAVE a tail and not hair that looks like a tail ><

Ishotxemnas
12-30-2007, 04:17 PM
I actually like tabby, i didn't think i would because usually the bubbly people annoy me. I also wonder why her tail is there too. O_o

Ah, I would love to see a sakisaka. I would glomp a sakisaka cosplayer.

Meaka
12-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Ooh, pairings? We'd be here all day if I listed all my favorites, so let's just leave it at "Who needs canon?!"

Ehehe, I'm one of those people who doesn't like Tabby. But hey, to each their own, right? I know lots of people hate Saku, and I adore her.

@Ishotxemnas-
If all goes according to plan, there'll be a Sakisaka at Otakon~ <3

shivachan
12-31-2007, 01:32 AM
I love Saku too and she's on my list. I actually want to make a Saku/Bo cosplay, with detachable sun and moon, so that you just flip the hat around, fluff/straighten hair, inside out/reversible backpack and put the sun and moon back in and it's a whole new character. ^^

"Who needs canon" indeed. But Haseo/Atoli is so cute~~~ (I about died when Haseo thought 'was Atoli always this cute?' I DIED!)

Meaka
12-31-2007, 01:16 PM
That would be amazing! I wish you a lot of luck when you decide to start it!

It's funny, I was indifferent to Haseoli during the first two games (I liked both characters, but together I wasn't too sure...). Then Atoli was all, "Hey, look at my awesome character development!" in Vol. 3, and I started shipping it. XD

Ishotxemnas
12-31-2007, 06:11 PM
Same! I have so many otp's its like TMTP's Too many true pairings
Ohase, WAS one Until I saw his weird aida arm and was like, "eww.."
And How is Ovan supposed to.... you know- with the big arm in the way???
Ovan: My arm got stuck...
Haseo: :(

I didn't like saku UNTIL she beat down negimaru. Then I loved her!
Haseoli lol? Is that the official name now. I've heard 3 differents ones >_<
I really liked haseo/atoli in the begining and then when he called her cute, well "thought" she was cute. I Squee'd. I wanted to slap him with a stick and say "It took you two ps2 games to figure that out?!?"

Oh and I made my Bo hat like that! with the same patterns on the front and back so if want to be saku I'd just turn it around. I just need to make a red bag for saku.

sweet_magic
12-31-2007, 07:05 PM
That is so true, Everyone is gay for Haseo. EVERYONE, even CHIM.

I laughed so hard when I first read this. x3

Budds
12-31-2007, 09:16 PM
Sorry for not posting for such a long time.
Pleather is evil, Joanne's didn't have anymore since it was apparently only there for Halloween so....I had to get...Vinyl @_@
Its so much thicker...stupid haseo and his retarded outfits xDD

Ishotxemnas
12-31-2007, 11:35 PM
Not retarded just superfluous. XD
XD, Yes even chim want a piece of haseo!
I swear this happened,
I was chasing this group of chim and then I cornered one into a wall. It looked like it was humping haseo's leg. o__O;;

Budds
01-01-2008, 04:07 PM
LOL! That's so true everybody IS gay for Haseo!
My favorite OVERAL pairing for .hack is Haseo/Alkaid

I mean come on, he knew Shino for like a year and even got her phone number. He visited her daily in the hospital and he went through so much to bring her back. She finally gets back and he leaves her RIGHT THEN AND THERE for someone else! They don't even have a cute reunion!

He and Alkaid hated each other, then they were friends for what? Lets say 2 weeks. Then she got Aida'd and she comes back like a month later and they HUG!!!! They even hugged AGAIN in the marriage ending picture!

Haseo totally likes Alkaid! It's so obvious
Too bad Alkaid has her eyes set on Atoli..xDD

Shiroake
01-02-2008, 12:59 AM
Oh man. I up and dissappeared for a few months and I MISSED ALL THE FUN. Yeah, I'm eventually gonna get around to Haseo's home depot version. IT'S JUST SO COOL LOOKING except for those plates on the behind.

I'm still gonna try Alkaid! I just..need to get more in shape >_>;

I've been too poor to begin any cosplays though XD; ONCE I START, I WILL LET YOU ALL KNOW.

Budds
01-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Oh man. I up and dissappeared for a few months and I MISSED ALL THE FUN. Yeah, I'm eventually gonna get around to Haseo's home depot version. IT'S JUST SO COOL LOOKING except for those plates on the behind.

I'm still gonna try Alkaid! I just..need to get more in shape >_>;

I've been too poor to begin any cosplays though XD; ONCE I START, I WILL LET YOU ALL KNOW.

LMAO!!! Home Depot version xDDD
I wanna do Alkaid too, jeez why does everyone have to expose their stomachs!?

-Looks at Pi- I wont even CONSIDER that clothing.

I gotta get Haseo's belt buckles @_@ He's such a Belt Buckle whore...T-T

Meaka
01-02-2008, 07:47 PM
@Budds- Oddly enough, that's one of the few pairings I don't like. 8D; But I guess I really shouldn't say anything, considering how I ship Alkaid with Sirius. I was considering cosplaying her, too, but then I realized, "Holy crap, cleavage," not to mention the fact I'm not her biggest fan.

Also, JoAnn's site (http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat3273) has plain belt buckles. I mass-ordered the 14 I need~

@Shiroake- Ah, money, our biggest adversary. This hobby is especially hard on jobless individuals such as myself. XD; But my dad doesn't want me to get a job until I'm out of high school. Arrgghhh.

Yes, I'm about 1/3 done the shirt! I'm taking my time because I really don't wanna mess up. XD

sweet_magic
01-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Shiroake: I know how you feel. Money is the major reason why I'm only at 10% with Atoli still. -___-;

This is random, but I can't seem to find any pictures of a Pi cosplayer. Has no one cosplayed as her yet? I know her outfit is beyond difficult, but still.

DigitalGypsy
01-03-2008, 10:38 AM
I know people cosplay as Pi. This girl did but she spelled it Pai instead.
http://members.cosplay.com/costume/58413/
I'd concider cosplaying Pi one day. But for now I've got SO much other things to work on haha. I've been working on Asta since yesterday and I'm thinking I can have it done real soon. But I haven't even started on that hat yet. Well I should go get back to work. I can't wait to have this costume done!

Ishotxemnas
01-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Yay Pi!
We need more Kuhns. MOAR KUHN!
Oh btw, My Bo
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=100007&member=64756
>_< I still need to add the white "hoh hoh hoh" things on the skirt. and I have to find a way to make the skirt more puffy and round :/
This hat is hard to walk in! I keep bumping into my lamp! I swear you'd never hear Bo curse as much as I do.
Bo: Wtfhdsklsjdks!?!!?