PDA

View Full Version : FMA Gathering, ALA Style!

Tearatone
09-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Alright you pathetic little washed down humans! I see no FMA thread to fall down by and obey, and it really ticks me off! So here we go!

The Gathering: Saturday, 11 AM, Academy Quad

The Fools (Good/Bad/Ugly Guys):

Edward Elric: FullMetal Ninja, fma_pwns_u, Edobean, Sana-chan, fma_pwns_u, Shoyo, crazyloststar

Alphonse Elric: {ITouchedYusuke (movie)/dead}, Omichan

Hohenheim: RealLifeHohenhe, questionablekri's boyfriend

Izumi: Ohtori Kagura

Aru: theregaltigress

Winry: Luna-A-Lovegood, AuroraHermione, crimsonGOJYO

Mustang: SomeGuyNamedJason, Baltazar

Hawkeye: DorianHolmes

Hughes: HappyHeretic (perhaps a Homoculus too?)

Elysia: Sonsko-chan (?), A 2 year old girl,

Gracia: Mother of 2 year old girl

Sheska: (Unnamed)

Trisha: questionablekri

Major General Armstrong: tammertime

State Alchemist/Military Dog: Celyne

Rose: mermaidxmelody, midorihebi(?)

Scar:

Envy: Tearatone, Sergeant Envy

Lust: Lust

Gluttony: scaloy

Wrath: call_me_canada

Sloth:

Greed:

Pride:

Dante: midorihebi(?)

... Feh! I'll add the other dribble later.
--- --- --- ---

Yours Truly,

Envy

FullMetal Ninja
09-26-2007, 11:16 PM
I'll Be Edward!!!

DorianHolmes
09-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Count me in for Hawkeye! I may have my edward cosplay finished by then too, but count me in for Hawkeye for sure.

HappyHeretic
09-27-2007, 06:09 PM
I have for word for you.... "look at my daughter!!!" I will have my hughes there for sure

call_me_canada
09-27-2007, 09:09 PM
I"ll be there as automail Wrath for sure. And yay I'm so happy there is going to be an Envy at the gathering!! ! !

fma_pwns_u
09-28-2007, 05:01 PM
I'll be there for sure as (some variation of) Ed!

RealLifeHohenhe
09-30-2007, 12:59 PM
I will be back for Anime LA as Hohenheim ^_^

scaloy
10-01-2007, 06:42 PM
.......I.......
.......am.......
.......Gluttony.......

:bigtu:

FullMetal Ninja
10-02-2007, 03:54 PM
WOW scaloy thats a GREAT Gluttony! ^_^ good job!

Luna-A-Lovegood
10-07-2007, 09:59 PM
As I have said to others. If I end up at ALA I will have my winry with me. It will be the same I wore at Ani-magic. It's kinda ghetto but I like it. <3

Sonsko-chan
10-07-2007, 10:02 PM
I know I'll be wearing Elysia at-con, but I'm not sure if I'll make the gathering or not. She should be all spiffy-ed up though (new jacket, seamed bottom, etc).

HappyHeretic
10-10-2007, 11:53 AM
I know that things in the investigations department have been a bit hectic lately so I think i may have to bring my personal assistant Sheska to the con with. She will get lots of overtime pay for this... aka pictures of Elysia.

But well seriously my girlfriend is wanting to pull together a Sheska for ALA, and I am also trying to convince a friend of mine to bring her 2 year old to the con to do Gracia and Elysia. I am also considering putting togeter a Homoculus version of Hughes

DorianHolmes
10-10-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm so excited for ALA. More excited than when I dragged Roy looking at wedding dresses after we went to Petco to get Hayete a new collar.

FullMetal Ninja
10-10-2007, 03:56 PM
so is anyone going as Al? I need a brother lol ^_^

Tearatone
10-10-2007, 06:30 PM
So, when and where do you scum want this to take place?

ITouchedYusuke
10-11-2007, 01:52 PM
I shall be in my Movie!Alphonse outfit! After all...it's who I'm known for. XD;

SakuraHime
10-11-2007, 04:57 PM
I might come as Rose~ =O. ^-~

scaloy
10-11-2007, 10:55 PM
So, when and where do you scum want this to take place?

[Gluttony smailes as he types:chatah: ]nothing too close to my meal times, i hope. i don't like feeling hungry when i pose, i don't wanna end up.............. eating anybody:D

ITouchedYusuke
10-12-2007, 11:49 AM
I'm pretty sure my friend Jason would be Mustang. He's an awesome Roy!!!

And I'm sure Edobean will be Edward, with her automail arm ;D

I'm excited!!

I'll definetely bring my Kit the Cat! ;D

AuroraHermione
10-24-2007, 11:27 PM
Depending on when the gathering is, I'll bring one of my Winry costumes.

FullMetal Ninja
10-26-2007, 05:22 AM
I can't wait for ALA! I'm going as Ed as I have mentioned before. This will be so much fun!!

Sana-chan
10-28-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm pretty sure I'll be bringing my Ed cosplay to ALA this year =)

Sergeant Envy
10-28-2007, 08:32 PM
I'll be heading to ALA as Envy.

tammertime
10-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Major General Armstrong shall be making an appearance!!

Roy Mustang(s) watch out...

DorianHolmes
11-01-2007, 09:53 PM
We're going to have an Armstrong! ^.^ Yays.

Tearatone
11-01-2007, 09:57 PM
We're going to have an Armstrong! ^.^ Yays.

Yeah, that big oaf's sister from the Briggs is so... powerful...

tammertime
11-02-2007, 11:18 AM
haha. Thanks for the welcome!
Can't wait to see all this FMA representation!
And Vic Mignogna.... *OOC fan-girl squee* lolz

FullMetal Ninja
11-02-2007, 11:52 AM
OMG Vic Mignogna!! I've been dying to meet him!! I can't wait for this!:bigtu: :rockon: !

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b359/EdwardElric18/Siggy.jpg

tammertime
11-03-2007, 06:29 PM
%&$@!!! Just found out I can't get the time off of work.... *grumbles*
Guess I'll have to wait til next year, or see some of you at Anime Expo?!?!

Sonsko-chan
11-04-2007, 12:09 AM
Eeee~ Tammertime, we should do an impromptu!AX-gathering. One of, like, everyone from ALA. 8D Yuusss?
-feels like being a spaz-

tammertime
11-04-2007, 02:51 AM
Eeee~ Tammertime, we should do an impromptu!AX-gathering. One of, like, everyone from ALA. 8D Yuusss?
-feels like being a spaz-

Yes please!!! That would be so cool!

otaku_drea
11-06-2007, 01:55 AM
i wanna go as edward movie version, but i dont know if i will have it completed in time.. i still need a new wig, get the outfit.. etc....i was thinking of making automail.. but i am not sure yet.. but i am more mainly worried about the wig.. so i dont know.. keep your fingers crossed. . . xD

fma_pwns_u
11-06-2007, 02:38 AM
>D It's decided! I shall be going as BBI Ed! (...well, something close to it. Fanart always makes for interesting costume names.)

This is going to be awesome. And, Tammertime, you definitely need an FMA gathering. Maybe... a... southern California WINTER gathering...? Because I can't imagine Armstrong prancing around in the spring with that coat of hers. <3

tammertime
11-06-2007, 09:34 AM
This is going to be awesome. And, Tammertime, you definitely need an FMA gathering. Maybe... a... southern California WINTER gathering...? Because I can't imagine Armstrong prancing around in the spring with that coat of hers. <3

SoCal winter gathering?!?!?! Winter, what's winter??? lolz
(I'm gonna DIE wearing it this summer... )
And any ideas for this meeting?

Tearatone
11-06-2007, 04:35 PM
SoCal winter gathering?!?!?! Winter, what's winter??? lolz
(I'm gonna DIE wearing it this summer... )
And any ideas for this meeting?

There is a SoCal winter gathering on the 17th I think, its taking place at an ice skating rink.

tammertime
11-06-2007, 07:09 PM
There is a SoCal winter gathering on the 17th I think, its taking place at an ice skating rink.

where????

midorihebi
11-06-2007, 07:10 PM
If I don't get my Ross costumes done by then (although it's been in a state of "almost done" since ALA 2007... XD ), then I might come as Dante. ^.^

Tearatone
11-06-2007, 10:22 PM
where????

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=124606

All information should be here.

tammertime
11-07-2007, 08:21 AM
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=124606

All information should be here.

I'll have to see how much I'm scheduled to work that day....
But I definitely want to come!!

crimsonGOJYO
11-08-2007, 11:44 PM
I'll be coming as Mechanic Winry. :3

Sakurada
11-09-2007, 12:28 AM
Did you guys pick a time for this?

Might I suggest Friday? :D I'd liek to be apart of this, but my schedule is so booked... *le sigh* I have Movie Alphonse in the works and I still do have that fabric for Trisha...

Tearatone
11-12-2007, 12:08 AM
Did you guys pick a time for this?

Might I suggest Friday? :D I'd liek to be apart of this, but my schedule is so booked... *le sigh* I have Movie Alphonse in the works and I still do have that fabric for Trisha...

Meanwhile Friday is also a busy day for people also on the list. I was leaning toward Saturday at noon or after, and if not Saturday then maybe sometime on Sunday.

Sakurada
11-12-2007, 02:53 AM
Unfortunately I have no idea what is going on because the Cosplay Gathering list is not getting updated? Apparently people planning gatherings have nothing set in stone... Bah~

Oh well. Should I not see you all in costume come Saturday, I will come take photos of you all! :D

call_me_canada
11-17-2007, 03:55 PM
Hmmm maybe we should think of setting a final time and date soon. Other groups are beginning to form and plan, it could get hectic ><

Tearatone
11-19-2007, 03:10 AM
Alrighty then, so sometime Saturday then?

Sonsko-chan
11-20-2007, 08:12 AM
What about Friday before Cosplay Chess?

call_me_canada
11-20-2007, 11:11 AM
Friday would work better for me only because Saturday has the Naruto gathering at 1 PM and Kingdom Hearts gathering at 4 pm. Whatever happens happen though lol. So I opt for Friday but whatever works best for everyone else.

HappyHeretic
11-20-2007, 11:18 AM
Well I know that myself and a few other FMA cosplayers will be in Cosplay Chess as Hellsing characters and are planning the Hellsing gathering for after cosplay chess, so trying to to do the FMA gathering before cosplay chess will make things rather difficult to do the FMA gathering boefore cosplay chess and then have to change play chess and then do another gathering.

So I would much rather see a Saturday or Sunday gathering for FMA. I think Saturday would be the best day anyway, because some people who may have to work or go to school on Fridays couldn't make it out to a friday gathering unless it were later in the day (thus why cosplay chess and our hellsing gathering are being planned for evening time) and on Sunday a lot of people are busy checking out of their hotels and probably leaving early.

I recomend that we do Saturday in the late afternoon, maybe around 3:00, take photos for a while, and then for anyone interested we can go out to dinner somewhere. This is sort of a tradition for my crew. And I know that we have been aching to do a military trip to Hooters. Just imagine Roy hitting on the waitresses, Riza getting mad at him, Hughes telling the women "Sorry ladies, I'm a married man, I really am just here for the hot wings" or "Damnit Roy! You told me this was a child friendly restaurant with a cartoon owl," Ed shielding Al's eyes from the nearly naked girls while Roy shields Eds eys from them as well. I don't know if there is a Hooters near the convention center, but it would be a lot of fun.

But well that's my idea. Do people like the sound of that?

FullMetal Ninja
11-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Well I'm going to be in the Cosplay Chess as well, Also the Naruto gathering so I'm not sure if Friday would be good. I think Saturday or Sunday as well.

Sonsko-chan
11-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Some of the larger gatherings (ie; Naruto, KH, and Bleach) are Saturday and Sunday. As for school onFridays, I personally am still on my winter break, so it would work for the mornings. Then again, I'm still tentative on the gathering, so disregard me. :]

FullMetal Ninja
11-25-2007, 10:30 PM
Never mind Friday is good...but I'm in the cosplay chess and I have tobe there at 3:15 so anytime before then is good for me...

XxMadBomberxX
11-25-2007, 10:38 PM
I will most liekly either go as Riza Hawkeye or Wrath! :D

DorianHolmes
11-26-2007, 12:56 AM
I say Saturday, because of cosplay Chess and more people will be around on Saturday, plus I know that at least 5 of the people who would be comming to the FMA gathering would be absent if it was around cosplay Chess. Plus I am all for the Hooters idea

ITouchedYusuke
11-26-2007, 01:21 AM
I don't care when. lol I'm running a Yu Yu Hakusho gathering that's still up in the air about when and where it will be held...

Tearatone
11-26-2007, 02:47 AM
So its looking like Saturday has the most favor. What about the time and location? Lets try to make this work with the other gatherings in mind.

FullMetal Ninja
11-26-2007, 01:45 PM
Any time before 1 is good for me because I'm in the Naruto gathering at 1 on Saturday.

Sonsko-chan
11-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Saturday morning sounds better, because the larger gatherings are that afternoon, then it's Masquerade in the evening (and I think I'm being roped into one of four skits).

PhantomShadow
11-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Does Saturday at 10 sound too early? Or maybe 11 *ponders* Or perhaps friday at a later time. *ponders more*

DorianHolmes
11-26-2007, 10:48 PM
11am on Saturday would work for me.

xfallenangelx
11-26-2007, 11:16 PM
My Izumi is done, so as long as this doens't conflict with my Avatar gathering on Sunday I could probably make it :)
~Anji

call_me_canada
11-27-2007, 12:03 AM
10 or 11 on Saturday sounds great for me! Just going to be doing some quick costume changes xD.

FullMetal Ninja
11-27-2007, 05:37 PM
HMM...10 on Saturday sounds good but 11 sounds better XD

Sonsko-chan
11-27-2007, 07:43 PM
That sounds good. Either one works for me. For those who wanted to do a Full Metal Meal, 11 would be better, because the gathering takes about an hour(ish) and that would set you right at noon.

Tearatone
11-27-2007, 10:13 PM
I'm liking the 11 AM idea myself now. For the meantime I'll put that up, so if anyone objects just shout. Also, where should we hold the meet?

FullMetal Ninja
11-28-2007, 11:31 AM
hm...not sure, I have never been to ala before so I don't know the layout >_< sorry wish I could help you out in that department...Edward fails once again at life! T^T lawl

call_me_canada
11-28-2007, 05:51 PM
So far the Academy Squad has been the most popular location. It is outside and provides the largest amount of space (or so I've been told). I have never been either so haha yes. There is also a photo room this year.

This year we're trying something new, an indoor Photo Gathering Room.
Photo Gathering Room

Tired of gathering outside in the cold and sometimes rainy January weather? We don't have any beautiful landscaping at our new Burbank location, so we've decided to set up a photo room indoors.

Lisa "Kokuu" Gochnauer will be overseeing the room. We expect to have backdrops and lighting, and the room will be available all day and into the evening. It'll be next door to the Costume Repair Station, so you can make sure everything looks right before your photos.

There will be scheduled gathering times, to be posted; interested parties can also make an appointment to use the room. And the room will be available for ad hoc photo opportunities as well.

Badges will be checked at the doors to the Convention Center, so you won't have to worry about having your character wearing a badge for photos indoors.

The room might be closed during hours before and during the Masquerade.

So yes. . . . just a thought. Though outdoors seems like it would be better.

wandering_jedis
11-29-2007, 05:29 PM
I guess this will be my last time I can have a fun gathering, since I'm getting married after that...

FullMetal Ninja
12-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Just so Everyone Knows....Neo_Serenity is the head of the gatherings for the program printing and this is what she said.

Neo_Serenity: "Hi everyone - we had another ALA meeting yesterday and I was notified that all gatherings must be in by Friday, Dec. 14, to be included in our pocket program guidebook, and to be placed on signs for the convention itself.

To be included, all gatherings must have time AND place, so if your gathering does not have one currently, please make sure it is submitted by the 14th, or it will not be included.

I have added this information to the first post:

*NOTE* Submissions due by Friday, December 14. This is so they can be put in our pocket program book, and signage printed for the convention. Only gatherings that have a time AND place will be included, so make sure your gathering has both. This is the final deadline, and anything submitted Saturday, December 15 and on will not be on the signs at the convention, or in the pocket program guide. So get those gatherings decided and in! "

Tearatone
12-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Yikes! Okay then, what's a cool place to hold our little shin dig? I saw something about the Academy Quad, how is that? Anyone know?

FullMetal Ninja
12-04-2007, 12:36 AM
All I know is that it's I believe the biggest place in the center? I think that would be perfect cuz that's where the Naruto gathering is at 1. So Tearatone, should I tell her the Acadamy Quad at 11 on Saturday?

ITouchedYusuke
12-04-2007, 01:40 PM
Well, upon request.......
I won't be Alphonse at ALA. I shall be Lust :]

FullMetal Ninja
12-04-2007, 07:17 PM
ZOMG! My friend is going as Envy!

DorianHolmes
12-04-2007, 10:41 PM
After the gathering you're all invited to attend the FMA wedding If you so desire. I know most of the people on this forum have already said they're comming.

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=132853

Tearatone
12-04-2007, 11:35 PM
Yeah, lets say the Academy Quad, since we need a definite location for everyone to see.

call_me_canada
12-05-2007, 08:21 AM
That'll work out well. It is a big enough area and everything it won't be a problem. Can't wait for the gathering!

FullMetal Ninja
12-05-2007, 11:48 AM
Tearatone, I told Neo_Serenity so we should now be in the program ^_^

kuro_wing
12-11-2007, 02:00 AM
Alright... So my group will be stoppin' on by, which should consist of:

Envy
2 Edwards (1 movie, 1 series)
2 Alphonse movie
Trisha
Hoho papa

Tearatone
12-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Alright... So my group will be stoppin' on by, which should consist of:

Envy
2 Edwards (1 movie, 1 series)
2 Alphonse movie
Trisha
Hoho papa

Can I get some names (real or internet) to go along with those?

kuro_wing
12-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Can I get some names (real or internet) to go along with those?

Well... I was trying to figure all their names out... I think most of them have cosplay.com accounts:

Envy: Kuro_wing
Edward: Shoyo
Edward movie: crazyloststar
Aru movie: theregaltigress
Alphonse movie: Omichan
Trisha: questionablekri
Hohenheim: questionablekri's boyfriend

FullMetal Ninja
12-16-2007, 10:52 PM
My friend Ohtori Kagura is going as Izumi

call_me_canada
12-16-2007, 11:16 PM
Yay! An Izumi! That makes me very excited. The convention is soon! Can't wait to see everyone at the FMA gathering. . . I'm just hoping it won't be too cold. T-T Why must wrath wear such little clothing. . . it won't do well in the winter cold =P

FullMetal Ninja
12-17-2007, 03:00 PM
That's exactly why I'm going as Edward Elric because he has all those layers of clothing that will make it warm to wear ^_^

Tearatone
12-17-2007, 03:24 PM
Errr, I know I've starting the thread and everything, but I might not be able to make it, as I have a Guilty Gear gathering to attend, sorry. I'll still keep the thread updated though!

FullMetal Ninja
12-17-2007, 03:26 PM
oh man! That's a bummer! aw well...there will be other times I guess right?

questionablekri
12-18-2007, 04:46 PM
Well I came in here to sign myself up and already found myself, and my boyfriend, signed up. But still, felt I should at least introduce myself. So Hi! I'm Trisha, and I'm bringing a hoenheim with me.

FullMetal Ninja
12-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Well I came in here to sign myself up and already found myself, and my boyfriend, signed up. But still, felt I should at least introduce myself. So Hi! I'm Trisha, and I'm bringing a hoenheim with me.

Hello mother and.......father >_< XD Can't wait to see you all!!!

Celyne
12-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Hi! I'll be attending as a random State Alchemist :)

crazyloststar
01-03-2008, 03:05 PM
oooo i was wondering how my name got on the list!! thanks kurowing! i am so excited that i can go, since i had thought i was going to have to cancel. ><

i cant wait to see everyone! i recognize so many of you responding here, it shall be good times indeed!!

Tearatone
01-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Hmmmm, well, looks like I couldn't finish my Bridget on time. So Envy just might have to show up.

Sonsko-chan
01-03-2008, 09:38 PM
I'm so excitteeedd. I got my bear all washed, we're hemming my dress tonight, and we're remaking my jacket. :D

WinryRockbell
01-04-2008, 02:20 AM
I'm Winry (obviously)

fma_pwns_u
01-06-2008, 06:17 PM
That was awesome, guys. Can't wait until next year! >D

Celyne
01-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Great gathering! It was really nice to meet you all.

I took a couple of pics, but mostly videos. I'll compress and upload them soon. In the meantime:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/cscm/ALA%202008/th_02_fma_hughes_kakashi.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/cscm/ALA%202008/02_fma_hughes_kakashi.jpg)

FullMetal Ninja
01-07-2008, 12:57 AM
hella cool! especially with the armstrong!!! XDD

Celyne
01-07-2008, 01:22 AM
Yay! You may view the pics here:

ALA: FMA Cosplay (http://www.darksable.com/ALA08/FMA/)
And I found this picture from a different gathering/thread (http://hs.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2000554&l=38a03&id=1059090001) !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/cscm/ALA%202008/th_ghost.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/cscm/ALA%202008/ghost.jpg)
OMG, it's a ghost!

livengood
01-07-2008, 01:24 AM
Hey guys, I was one of the Tsunade's hanging around snapping photos. I got a bunch from the gathering and I'll be uploading them to my ALA Saturday. Including the fabulous smooch between Ed and Winry. ;D

kuro_wing
01-07-2008, 08:54 PM
Yay! You may view the pics here:

ALA: FMA Cosplay (http://www.darksable.com/ALA08/FMA/)
And I found this picture from a different gathering/thread (http://hs.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2000554&l=38a03&id=1059090001) !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/cscm/ALA%202008/th_ghost.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/cscm/ALA%202008/ghost.jpg)
OMG, it's a ghost!

Awesome pictures X3 I'll have to send some to my friend with you two in it (she was the movie Ed and manga Edward with the blade and fluffy white collar X3) ^_^ Love the 'not short' pic ^^

FullMetal Ninja
01-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Nice pics! I saved the ones with me in them ^^

Eveil
01-07-2008, 11:30 PM

from what I saw, that was really cool! lol
sad I didn't go, I forgot to bring the pants for Armstrong :(

Feuersonne
01-08-2008, 05:55 AM

I'm so glad everyone enjoyed the Big Armstrong I created with my friends. ^_^ I hope to soon put in an entry for Armstrong Fangirls in my cosplays.

FullMetal Ninja
01-08-2008, 01:20 PM
XD yeah the Armstrong was GREAT! My friend Envy loved it!

WinryRockbell
01-10-2008, 06:42 AM
Hey guys, I was one of the Tsunade's hanging around snapping photos. I got a bunch from the gathering and I'll be uploading them to my ALA Saturday. Including the fabulous smooch between Ed and Winry. ;D

*blush* I'd be that Winry ^_^;;

Misao-chan
01-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Pheh....~ I was Nina Tucker but missed the gathering.