PDA

View Full Version : Seattle photoshoot for October

Pages : [1] 2

Kumi-chan
09-28-2007, 03:32 AM
Gasukan 1: Under the Umbrella

I hope everyone had a good time! If you took photos at the meet up, please post a link to your gallery and I will put it here in the head post. The date for the next shoot is set for November 18th, at the W.W. Seymour Botanical Conservatory in Tacoma.

Theme for November's meet-up: Crossing Over

Galleries
cpardo: http://gallery.anipike.com/showgallery.php?cat=3010
Darkain: http://gallery.darkain.com/v/conventions/Gasukan1/
Hitokiri Kenshi: http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=93110&member=41105
Ichigo=15: http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=93283&member=69954
Kumi-chan: http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w212/Midori_no_Kumiko/Gasukan%201%20%20-%20October/
silentjoshua: http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g56/silentjoshua/Gasukan/
StrawberryLum: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v337/witchgirl69/cosplay/gasukan07/
SvK: http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i39/q3rocketlauncher/Gasukan/
TseUq: http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc65/canadianstrawberry/WAcosplaymeet/

Amidoji
09-28-2007, 11:03 PM
I believe that I would be interested. My household and I (Smidge and Anjelchan) would go if it was on Sunday. Hope we have a good turn out!

Kumi-chan
09-29-2007, 12:32 AM
We'll be glad to have you! Actually, Sunday works for me, too. My boss told me I have the 14th off.

So, okay! How about:
Sunday, October 14
Noon
Gasworks Park (free parking)

And I'd suggest everyone bring a bagged lunch, maybe even something to share (like a box of cookies or a six-pack of soda). I made riceballs last time and I may do it again. Also, it's not a bad idea to incorporate an umbrella into your costumes. It's that time of year. Besides, if the umbrella is appropriate it may make for some interesting photos.

One of the reasons I guess Ryoga will be good cosplay...I just picked up a bamboo umbrella for him and I'll be painting and sealing it in the next day or two. Having less luck with finding the backpack...saw some at the Army Surplus, but $70 is a bit much. Though it'd be usable for Ranma as well...

Hitokiri Kenshin
09-29-2007, 02:55 AM
I think I'll be able to make that.

Justke
09-29-2007, 02:51 PM
That would be fun to go to :) I might have my Roxas done by then...hmmm~ maybe I'll go ^^

feyith
09-29-2007, 09:09 PM
I would like to go but not sure yet if I will be around that day or which costume to bring.

Kumi-chan
10-01-2007, 01:33 AM
I posted in our thread over on the Sakura Con boards, the one we put up for the September shoot. I think I may start a new one actually, since the title is for "UW shoot September 20". I wish it was easier to get ahold of local cosplayers...or that I knew more people who were into it. My friends cosplay at cons, but since I'm no longer attending school with them I never see them anymore. I should try giving them a call anyway, see if they're interested.

However many people do show up, it should be fun! cpardo, Klint and I had a great time on the 20th even with just the three of us. There's some really awesome scenery and architecture at the park, and we didn't take advantage of all of it. The structure that's behind us in my avatar makes me think of the Steam Castle from Steamboy. Almost makes me want to cosplay Scarlett. Or maybe dig out my Sheeta.

Yeah...I should bring Sheeta along! I've never gotten decent pics of her! So four cosplays for me this time around. Or more. :toothy:

Darkain
10-01-2007, 02:08 AM
Darkain will see what he can do!! erm... uhh.. wait..

ANYWHO!! I'd have to bus up there from Tacoma, but that seems doable... I'll also pimp out the idea to some of the local cosplay scene who don't normally read this board. Lets see if we can get a decently sized group together this time around!!

cpardo
10-01-2007, 02:18 AM
Sheeta? I wonder if I can make a Pazu costume? There's not much time, and I've been out of it this due to a health condition. Hopefully I'll feel better soon in time for the shoot.

lulugirl
10-01-2007, 02:36 AM
I'll be there if i can get the day off from work. :)

The~Wind
10-01-2007, 02:36 AM
I won't have anything new done. Perhaps I can try to fix up Pluto and then bring her and Bowman. *shrugs* Maybe Heero... *ponders*

Figle
10-01-2007, 03:14 AM
I shall bring my spandex clad drunken rock lee if its not too cold, or my Nabeshin!

SvK
10-01-2007, 05:12 AM
I plan to attend.

Scooby-Doo
10-01-2007, 06:28 AM
nooo! i work that day! and the most painfully ironic part about this is that...i work on the UW campus...yes, the very same place you guys met this month and the very same meeting i failed to attend! that just kills me :[...

i get off at 5 pm that day, how long are you guys planning on staying out? because if you all are still out and about, i can join you then.

TsukikoAiko
10-01-2007, 03:06 PM
If only S-ko's body paint didn't go missing at Kumoricon *shakes fist* College left me broke for a while so I wont be able to replace it in time for the shoot, but there's always next time, and by then Shana may be done.

Rikkizilla
10-01-2007, 05:50 PM
I'm definitely going, just need to figure out what I'd wear. XD If it's not raining I'll probably wear Grimmjow or Gintoki, if it is thought I'll probably just be Kyon with my Haruhi group. *shruuug* XD;;

Heat
10-01-2007, 07:51 PM
I'll try and come!! Sounds pretty sweet ^_________^
Now then...What to wear *grin*

Airika
10-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Wooo, I'm there (said on myspace >.>;;)..dunno which cosplay yet, but hanging out with other cosplayers sounds sweet.

Arissa-chan
10-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Ooo...I think I'll wear my Kyoko Honda trench and hope to not get shot >.>. I just hope I can go!

keropan
10-01-2007, 11:04 PM
I'll think about it :D Most of the cosplays I'd prefer to wear = spiked up wigs. And you know that plus potential rain in Seattle = DISASTER!

Also, school's been pretty much killing me. Gah. Hope I can make it though! Sounds really fun. :]

Hitokiri Kenshin
10-01-2007, 11:20 PM
At Gas Works, there's a spot underneath some stuff that protects from the rain.

Kumi-chan
10-01-2007, 11:43 PM
And that's also why I recommend incorporating an umbrella into your costume. As long as rain isn't pouring directly onto your wig, you should be okay.

Besides, it'll give the shoot Seattle flavor. Wouldn't it be great to get a shot with the whole group, umbrellas out, with the Space Needle in the background?

StrawberryLum
10-02-2007, 12:09 AM
(yurababe)

Of course you know, I am so there.

Just don't know which costume I'll be able to do. I can't seem to pull together the school uniform and my mom (the one who deals with paypal as I trust the computer not with my moneys but she does) keeps forgetting to order the wig >_< I'd do Benten but I am not subjecting people to myself in such a revealing costume, not until I drop some poundage.
So if you possibly have any other ideas?
I know I'll definitly show up if anything to take pictures though I'd much rather be able to goof around in photos as well. :skidude2:

Kumi-chan
10-02-2007, 12:38 AM
Why not do Nurse Sakura from Urusei Yatsura? You've said your hair is getting long, and it shouldn't be too difficult to find a white lab coat at a thrift store. You'd just need an outfit to go under it, and you'd fit right in with me and cpardo. It could all probably be done with thrift store shopping.

Aya Frost
10-02-2007, 12:58 AM
Well, I just moved from So-Cal, California to Covington, WA and I wanted to find others up here, so I might be able to join you guys. I'd definitely need to find a costume that can have an umbrella with it, or else I'll get drenched!

StrawberryLum
10-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Maybe I could do Sakura, though, doesn't she have black hair?
I'm thinking I might even have the ability to make the pink version of Lum (from the open credits, Lum No Love Song version) which would be nifty, I'd just buy a cheapie pink wig from the Halloween section and I know where/how to make pink tiger stripped fabric from what I got already. Hmm, *ponderponder*

AznTranquility
10-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Hey it's like really close to UW
I might be able to make it then

I'll cosplay if I finish the cosplay by then if not I'll come watch ^^

ultimaaa
10-02-2007, 08:51 PM
I might try make it, though I don't know what I'll have to wear. @___@ Hopefully I'll have enough progress done on my Halloween costume done to wear it then, but I suppose that all depends on when I get the wig for it in. XD

Hitokiri Kenshin
10-02-2007, 09:20 PM
Will likely do my 3. I'm also thinking of bring cd player, if y'all don't mind.

Sumikins
10-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Hey! I'd love to make it! I've been meaning to get some new shots of my Movie!Ed cosplay, and I could conceivably incorporate an umbrella. ^_^

Kumi-chan
10-02-2007, 10:14 PM
@StrawberryLum: Well, yes, she does have black hair, but I don't think it'd be a big deal if yours was brown. If you've got a Lum cosplay you can pull off, though, go for it! I'd love to see other versions.

@Sumikins: Wai! It's so awesome you're coming! I don't think I ever got to see your movie!Ed at Sakura Con. Man, if I hadn't chopped off all my hair or I had time to get a wig, I'd want to finally finish my movie!Al. Hmmm...maybe I can do a slightly-younger version of him? With short hair? The costume's almost done... *is dorky fangirl for awesome Ed*

This is shaping up to be a cool shoot! Hey, even if you don't have a costume to wear, it's cool; I haven't hung out with a large bunch of fellow fans since Anime Evolution. Just come chill with us!

Arissa-chan
10-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Jelly straws, anyone? I can definately bring enough!

Sumikins
10-02-2007, 10:22 PM
Not many people did, Sadly. I spent most of the time I was in it at relatively isolated events -- Photoshoots, and lunch. ^^;;; That'd be AMAZING if you did Al though! (For super duper easy idea -- Alphons Heidrich? XD slacks, button-up-shirt, suspenders, and an optional beige/sandy-colored blazer. ^^;;;)

Kumi-chan
10-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Yeah, but my hair's not that blond. I can pull off young Al because his hair's more of a sandy color, a lot closer to my light brownish...whatever the heck you'd call it. (Also, not that tall ^_~) I really should just pull out the costume and finish it, I just have to attach the hood to the coat, add the white trim to the jacket, and do the circles on the gloves. It'd be really comfy this time of year...meh, we'll see what gets done!

@Arissa-chan: Yeah, definitely! It'd be cool if people brought snacks to share. (That is food, right?) I don't know if I'll make riceballs again--I was late last time because they took me longer than I expected--but I'll probably bring something.

Arissa-chan
10-02-2007, 10:39 PM
Yeah, but my hair's not that blond. I can pull off young Al because his hair's more of a sandy color, a lot closer to my light brownish...whatever the heck you'd call it. (Also, not that tall ^_~) I really should just pull out the costume and finish it, I just have to attach the hood to the coat, add the white trim to the jacket, and do the circles on the gloves. It'd be really comfy this time of year...meh, we'll see what gets done!

@Arissa-chan: Yeah, definitely! It'd be cool if people brought snacks to share. (That is food, right?) I don't know if I'll make riceballs again--I was late last time because they took me longer than I expected--but I'll probably bring something.

Yes, it is food. And I'll bring safety scissors to open them with.

StrawberryLum
10-02-2007, 10:47 PM
I should have my wig by then (turns out the place that ships only takes 5 days max, woot) so I'll see if I can pull together some type of Lum costume. Maybe I could even have my Sarah ballgown done by then. >_^
If I have the moneys for it I'll see about bringing beverages and snacks. (the dollar store is my friend)

Sumikins
10-02-2007, 10:50 PM
Indeed, it WOULD be nice and comfy for this time of year. I'm actually thankfully for Ed's 3 layers of clothing plus gloves, for once. XD heheheh. I think you SHOULD just finish it already, even if your hair isn't quite right. And if you reeeeally wanted a wig, like someone mentioned above, some places only take about 5 days to ship (I always get my wigs from cosworx within 5 days)

OMG I'm excited. XD I'm actually looking for a Vintage umbrella, how ridiculous am I?

Arissa-chan
10-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Uwajimaya FTW...I'll see what other snacky things I can find this weekend there...

Darkain
10-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Darkain's Status:

1) I just ordered some new camera equipment about 15 minutes ago. It should easily be here in time for the shoot.

2) I'll be there!!

C) There are a few more people attending that havn't posted on here who messaged me directly. Some of them will be arriving with me as a group.

Kumi-chan
10-02-2007, 11:51 PM
If there was a way to order it without it arriving directly at the house...staying with my folks, and they really don't want me spending any money right now. I can hide fabric purchases by saying I'm just bringing them home from my storage unit (I've already got so much that it's impossible to tell the difference) but having a package arrive on our doorstep? Not so good. If I had a friend I could ship it to instead...and then just pick it up sometime before the shoot, maybe even at the shoot if I got a style with bangs. I think I have enough to buy one, though I'd have to check.
Heh, vintage umbrella. Sweet.

I'm probably going to get some of the big bags of Pocky they sell at Central Market. Ten packs for about $4.00. Maybe a thermos of hot coffee too. Wouldn't be enough for everyone, but if a few more people brought them?

Sumikins
10-03-2007, 12:44 AM
Warm drinks would probably be the best at an out-door gathering this time of year. I should see if I can't pick up a thermos, and maybe make some hot cocoa, or a chai tea mix. (Chai tea w/ milk and honey is yummy)

Izeekial
10-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Not sure if I will be able to attend or not. I am a little worried about the rain damaging my Astaroth or Potemkin costumes. Armstrong would prolly be the only one I would feel comfortable to go in.

PhotoPanda
10-03-2007, 08:22 PM
I'm totally there! I've been itching for some camera on cosplay action ^_^

Kumi-chan
10-03-2007, 10:15 PM
Not sure if I will be able to attend or not. I am a little worried about the rain damaging my Astaroth or Potemkin costumes. Armstrong would prolly be the only one I would feel comfortable to go in.

Go for it! My determination to finish my Al has been renewed...even buying the wig tonight (thx Sumikins!)...so it'd be awesome to have more FMA characters!

I pulled my Al stuff out of my storage unit. The jacket needs some work, the front's not right, but the coat is looking better than I remembered. I love the fabric! I can finish it tonight easily. The jacket...not sure if I want to do actual buttonholes. I've never done them before. Maybe I'll do snaps instead, so much simpler.
Gotta do the last things on my Lum first, though, at least attaching the collar. Ryoga's a bit more up in the air. I've got the fabric but nothing done on it. I might just bring Girl-type Ranma along instead and save Ryoga for next month.

----------
Checking how many people have posted...I think we have over thirty people who have at least expressed interest in coming. This is awesome. :toothy: Definitely means one thermos of coffee and one of chai tea won't be enough. Maybe we can go in together on some of those boxes of hot coffee they sell at Starbucks? The kind that can serve eight or ten people or so? I wonder if they do them for their cider as well. If everyone pitched in a couple bucks at the shoot, I'd gladly order it and pick it up on my way. Maybe a couple boxes of doughnuts as well. Anyone live near a Krispy Kremes?

And for the person who asked a while back (and anyone else who's interested) I think it's safe to say we'll be there for a few hours. You can stay as long as you like, but for me, it's my day off and away from my folks. I'm going to hang around as long as possible.

Arissa-chan
10-03-2007, 10:25 PM
I dunno when I'll be able to come around. If my ride is working, we'll probably show up mid-afternoon...=(...I hope we can come earlier! When's the earliest anyone should be expected?

StrawberryLum
10-04-2007, 12:03 AM
I live nearish a Krispy Kreme's. I could pick up their 24 for 12$ thing on my way to the park. I'm going to see about whipping up my own Shinobu/Lum school uniform as I can't find a navy pleated skirt to save my life and the girl who was going to do it will only take a check or concealed cash and that worries me. ¬_¬ So I'm stuck figuring it out. (I've lazy and worry about my "skill") but I should have something.
I'll have my Ten doll with me so we could totally have fun with that in photos. I'm contemplating making detachable faux fire for him to "spit". :-)
Oh, and I found /the/ most perfect fabric for a Oyuki corset/boots outfit, and it's on sale, so if I can find the right wig I'm gonna so try and whip it up. ^_^

Sumikins
10-04-2007, 12:21 AM
I have another question! that question being, where should the intial meet-up be? I know, Gasworks Park, but the park is... reletively large? Are there any landmarks in particular? I figure if those showing up at noon all decide on a place to meet, anyone who show sup later on can just look for the swarm of oddly dressed people. XD

StrawberryLum
10-04-2007, 12:36 AM
In Seattle "oddly dressed people" is about everyone. lol

Sumikins
10-04-2007, 12:49 AM
In Seattle "oddly dressed people" is about everyone. lol

LOL true that. <3 but I think cosplayers recognise each other's type of "odd dress", right?

StrawberryLum
10-04-2007, 12:55 AM
We generally have otaku-dar, yes. :-D

Kumi-chan
10-04-2007, 01:30 AM
Otaku-dar :D

How about if we meet under the concrete arches near the parking lot? It's also close to the bathrooms, which means some of us can split off for last minute costume and makeup touchups. Though I'd bring your own mirror, the one in the ladies at least doesn't reflect worth beans.

It'd be great if you could bring doughnuts, StrawberryLum! I'll definitely look at how much it costs to do the coffee/cider tomorrow. If people could chip in two or three dollars each, that'd be really good; whatever you can do, you know? I'll see about getting some muffins too.

On a scenery note, I just noticed today that the leaves have really started to turn around my house. They were all green about a week ago. I don't know what it's like at Gasworks, but I'm betting it's going to be gorgeous by next Sunday. I hope there are some Japanese Maples nearby; they're always the prettiest of the fall trees.

Also: Had an idea today that tickled me (but I'm dorky like that). I somehow want to incorporate the concrete arches into some FMA photos. Like, with a handwritten sign saying "Gate down until further notice. S'rry. Have a nice day!" I can just see Ed and Al standing there going WTH? Or maybe incorporate a Windows joke (I'm not computer savvy, so someone else would have to think of how to word it properly.)

Sorry. ^^'

Darkain
10-04-2007, 02:40 AM
Checking how many people have posted...I think we have over thirty people who have at least expressed interest in coming.

I just threw together a quick list of people who I've heard from plus the people in this thread. I've got 35 people listed thusfar, and another 5-10 I'm waiting to hear back from.

Is this one hell of a turnout? I sure think so!

StrawberryLum
10-04-2007, 04:24 AM
I might even be able to bring my little sister (by little I mean she's only like 2 years younder than me, I'm 20) I'd totally make her dress up. She's also a pretty good photogragher and she could take extra pictures with my spiffy new camera.
I'm so excited.
I'd donate money to coffee/cider but I have a strong dislike to both and wish they'd disappear. *hides* but don't hate me for thinking such. :-)
I probably won't change till I get there so I could 1.) see what cosplay we're starting with and also how the weather's doing, 2.) in case I, by some weird chance, get pulled over by a cop, I don't get seen in a wig and possibly a bikini, that could end poorly. But I change quickly, so , yeah.
And for some reason as soon as I heard the mirrors sucked in the girl's bathroom I thought "Ok, then we'd use the guys'" like that'd be acceptable. I'm a dork. >_^

Kumi-chan
10-04-2007, 04:45 AM
Actually, with the numbers we have, it probably wouldn't matter. I think our group is gonna monopolize the park that day. We'll probably scare all the normals away. Only thing is our guys might want a place to change.

Well, maybe I'll see about getting a carton of hot cocoa as well. Just for variety. Personally I prefer tea, and I'm probably bringing a thermos of my favorite kind with the milk and sugar already added. The most important thing is to have hot drinks to keep us warm.

What kind of costume are you thinking of for your sis, Lum? She does like cosplay, right?

Seifuku is done. *dies* Must go sleep, work is at 9:30 in morning.

Sumikins
10-04-2007, 11:20 AM
I think I'm going to come PARTLY dressed (wig, makeup, shirt) but save my vest, pants, and coat for when I actually get to the park, so I don't get it all wrinkled.

StrawberryLum
10-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Not sure what to dress as her as. I'd dress her as Benten but I'm very protective and I dun want the guys oogling my baby sis. >_^ But I'll figure something out, if I can even kidnap her. :-)
If hot coco is wanted people could just bring a thermos of really hot water and packets could be provided when there (as I have some extra packs, with marshmellows, yay! and the dollar has some boxes as well, and they're surprisingly good)
Guys can change outside, right? *snicker*

radar_exe
10-04-2007, 04:12 PM
count me in....i'll see if i can bring some tasty snacks.....yes...so many tasty snacks for little con goers.....

Rikkizilla
10-04-2007, 07:41 PM
I've talked about 5 of my friends into coming (3 are coming with me for sure). I am thinking about making some baked goods and what-not, any suggestions?

Arissa-chan
10-04-2007, 09:05 PM
What time frame are we looking at for teh photoshoot? Rough guesstimate.

And I'm undecicive on whether to go as Kyoko or Sophia Forrester...

StrawberryLum
10-04-2007, 09:07 PM
The listing states noon, I'll probably be there a little earlier as I always over compensate for in case I get lost. Which reminds me, anyone willing to be the person I call in case I get turned around? I hate driving in Seattle and worry I won't find the place. >_<

Kumi-chan
10-04-2007, 10:54 PM
Anyone who needs a contact, PM me. I promise to have my phone set to ring instead of silent for the day!

I'm setting my goal to be there by 11:30 at the latest. I'll probably post a giant dorky sign in the rear windshield of my butt-ugly minivan, just so everyone knows they've found the place. (1990 dark gray Plymouth Voyager! It's crap-tastic!) As for duration of the shoot, that depends on weather conditions, number of folks who make it, costume changes, and interest level and availability for everyone involved.

Good lord, we're getting huge. Good idea on the hot water. Who all can bring thermoses or packets of instant drinks? I can bring a coffee pot of plain water along with my tea thermos, probably fill it at Starbucks when I pick up the coffee. I checked there today, and they said the Joe To-Go cartons serve 12 people; cost is between $12 and $15 a carton and it comes with cups. (Why donations would be appreciated.)

Hey, I'll offer my van as a makeup station/outer clothes changing area. I'll bring my full-length mirror and throw some blankets and my first aid kit in there too. With a crowd this big we want to be prepared.

StrawberryLum
10-04-2007, 11:57 PM
You're so spiffy. I shall PM you. I'll try not to get lost though. ^_^
If I had a big mirror I'd bring it but I have compact mirrors, not much help there.
I'll see if I can find all my thermos', I used to have like 5, now when I want to go find them I of course, can't. But I should be able to snag a few if need be, from the store. I gets to fabric/supply shopping tomorrow. Wish me luck on my attempt at a pleated skirt. >_<

Kumi-chan
10-05-2007, 12:28 AM
Don't worry, pleated skirts are relatively easy. If you're making a pattern from scratch figuring out the math can be a bit headachy, but if you're following an existing pattern it's not too difficult. Which one are you using?

StrawberryLum
10-05-2007, 12:35 AM
Uhm.. none? I don't know how to use patterns. I have a weird thing, I can usually figure out how to make something just by looking at it, now sometimes it ends up too small but other than that, I get by pretty well without 'em. I figure I'll look at the patterns at Joann's so I can see exactly how much fabric I should be using. That's about the only use they have for me. ^_^

Scooby-Doo
10-05-2007, 01:14 AM
And for the person who asked a while back (and anyone else who's interested) I think it's safe to say we'll be there for a few hours. You can stay as long as you like, but for me, it's my day off and away from my folks. I'm going to hang around as long as possible.

As for duration of the shoot, that depends on weather conditions, number of folks who make it, costume changes, and interest level and availability for everyone involved.

That was me who asked...I've never been to Gasworks Park before, but I looked it up on Google Maps and it is only about 1.5 miles away from the UW which is where I will be working until 5 PM that day. That seems like a long time for you guys to be hanging around there, especially in the rain, but if I can manage to get a hold of someone like you or Darkain by phone at 5 PM, I can ask the status of the shoot to see if you guys are still around.

Rikkizilla
10-05-2007, 01:27 AM
I can bring a box of cocoa packets and probably a couple of thermoses.

rockthedojo
10-05-2007, 04:45 AM
You guys suck... Won't even wait for me to get back in the country for a shoot >.<

Arissa-chan
10-05-2007, 09:33 AM
I can bring individual packets of spiced cider if you guys can provide the hot water....

Chibi Chichiri
10-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Damn, we've got a lot of people. And I'm coming! Probably gonna drag around Leon, since my other costumes are in stasis right now and probably won't be fixed up in time for the photoshoot. Trust me, looking for a little blue-haired kid with cat ears shouldn't be too hard.

Now to go in search of my umbrella...

ssmitty
10-05-2007, 06:59 PM
I think I will be coming to Gasworks for the cosplay shoot with my husband and a good friend, Jonisey from anglcon.com will also try to attend.

I do hope the city isn't still drilling to clear the old pockets of oil. Sometime ago, they were in the part collecting the old sludge that started bubbling up, again. I would suggest anyone going to Gasworks to stay away from the lake beach areas because of this as well as the fenced building, otherwise, gasworks has parking available and lots of neat places for pictures.

keropan
10-05-2007, 11:37 PM
I guess so, but I don't want to have to carry around an umbrella for more than an hour! Haha. Hopefully the weather will be gorgeous like it was (for the most part) today!

Would it be too anal for me to ask for thread-creator to make a "master" list of potential cosplays that will be showing up? Just cause I'm a curious person, and I'd like to see what kind of wacky ideas to come with. :bigtu:

StrawberryLum
10-06-2007, 01:12 AM
keropan: If you don't want to tote around an umbrella, I have one you could borrow, it's uber tiny so if the rain improves it can easily be tucked away.

Kumi-chan
10-06-2007, 05:35 AM
@keropan: I'll see what I can do. I'm kind of curious myself.
And I doubt you'll actually have to carry it the whole time, there's enough of us that we can have a "baggage" area for people to place their props, umbrellas, jackets, etc. while they're not using them. Anyone who isn't having their picture taken at the time can help keep watch. I'd just suggest keeping valuables on your person at all times, or handing them off to a trusted friend (like if you need to set your camera down for a bit.)

@rockthedojo: There's always next month!

And the unofficial name of the shoot: GasuKan! I'll have it on the poster in the back of my van.

Darkain
10-06-2007, 05:52 AM
And the unofficial name of the shoot: GasuKan! I'll have it on the poster in the back of my van.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! I've been trying to come up with a rediculasly dorky name for this gathering that used "gasworks" in the it :P

oh, and just an FYI: my current potential person count sits at 50. sadly, i don't have about half of their names... several people i've talked to say they "have others" who will be attending with them.

srsly, this is getting crazy... and we still got a whole other week to go!

also, i'll be showing up with a group of peoples, but we may be a tad-bit late (1230-0100-ish). but we're working on trying to fix this... heh...

rockthedojo
10-06-2007, 08:13 AM
@rockthedojo: There's always next month!

Whacha mean what time next month Ill be back on the 10th of November if all goes well >.<

Arissa-chan
10-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Busy day for me. I'ma try looking for (more acurate) boots and a wig for my Sophia costume today, a fan for my Kyoko cosplay (I dunno if I'll bring both with me. Sohpia's costume that I'll hopefully redo someday is a pain to get in and out of...and I need to find my pin for her...>.> I don't want to make another one!) and if I'm lucky a nice umbrella to tie in with it all. Etc.,etc.,etc.

I'll try to get to a cash 'n carry today...and I'll be going to uwajimaya's for teh more asian-oriented snacks that will feed this army. Wish me luck!

<3

ultimaaa
10-07-2007, 01:22 AM
I've decided I'm going to go as Mukuro Rokudo from REBORN!, though I haven't decided whether I want to do an artwork version or the prisoner uniform because my actual costume for it is packed up and/or missing pieces. @__@ Either way, looks like I'm hitting up Salvation Army Thrift Store before next weekend. I might try get some snacks from Uwajimaya to share as well. I can grab fresh bakery/deli stuff the morning of as well since I'm in the apartments above the store. =)

Kumi-chan
10-07-2007, 02:05 AM
We haven't picked a date yet, but we are planning to do another photoshoot in November. I'd like to make it a monthly thing; we can discuss at this meet-up where we'd like to meet next time, since having the same scenery in the background for each shoot will get boring. Next time we'll probably select a location that's indoors or has heated shelter, since the weather will be a lot colder by mid-November.

Mostly I just want to provide an outlet for cosplay for Seattle-area fans. For me, it's a way to prevent myself from overdoing it at cons, since right now I get so wrapped up in my cosplays that I forget to enjoy the convention.

@ultima55: Lucky! I wanna live above Uwajimaya!
But then I'd probably go broke.

ultimaaa
10-07-2007, 03:07 AM
@ultima55: Lucky! I wanna live above Uwajimaya!
But then I'd probably go broke.

I have a love-hate relationship with my home. ^^; It's hard NOT to spend money here.

And I like this idea of making it a monthly thing. There's so much downtime between cons here, I like having lots of opportunities to cosplay!

Kumi-chan
10-07-2007, 03:20 AM
Exactly! I'm thinking that in the future we might even try to set a theme for each meet-up, and then each person interpret it however they want. "White Day" for instance, or "Shonen meets Shojo" or "Old School vs. New School". You could still wear whatever you want, but it might give us some ideas for photos.

This time I'd say it's something along the lines of "Under the Umbrella". Interpret that how you will.

StrawberryLum
10-07-2007, 03:26 AM
Just noticed there's a list of who's cos-ing who on the front, figured I'd add to my list. I will be able to do school Shinobu (pleats aren't being too difficult, just time consuming), I'll also be able to convert it to school Lum as I'll have both a yellow and red scarf with me (I never did understand why Lum's was yellow and not red, because she was foreign maybe? *shrug*), I should be able to bring my pink Lum outfit if the wig gets here in time (and the oven stop burning my horns >_< ), I'd bring my Sarah ballgown but I think it'd be a bit out of place. If someone needs a filler charcter I could give a go at playing such charcter for ya (such as a Lum would want an Ataru for pictures, someone else might want a certain charcter for their pictures.. I hope I'm making sense, sleep's been aluding me lately).

Exactly! I'm thinking that in the future we might even try to set a theme for each meet-up, and then each person interpret it however they want. "White Day" for instance, or "Shonen meets Shojo" or "Old School vs. New School". You could still wear whatever you want, but it might give us some ideas for photos.

This time I'd say it's something along the lines of "Under the Umbrella". Interpret that how you will.

Might not want to go with White Day.. may be taken the wrong way. >_^

We could have a hat in which people drop ideas for photoshoots and then they're pulled out randomly. This way just about everyone, well those that come up with photoshoot ideas, get a crack at the theme.
Just my thought. :-)

Kumi-chan
10-07-2007, 03:51 AM
I think Lum wears yellow because of her regular outfit. That's what I always assumed, anyway.

Like I said, it would be up to the individual how they interpreted the theme, so there really wouldn't be a wrong way to take it. The only rule we'd have (for the shoot itself) is everyone would have to adhere to the decency laws of wherever we were shooting. I trust most of you to have good judgement, and if the location has particular rules against short skirts or certain symbols, I'll let you know ahead of time.

I'd definitely take suggestions from anyone who had one, both on themes and location. Just remember to make it something that can work for everyone, so no specific series or something like "Ninjas". It needs to work across genres. "Shonen meets Shojo" could mean you come as Naruto or Sailor Moon, or you could interpret it "boy meets girl" and do couples cosplay. Or come up with something completely different: maybe you'll crossplay instead.

StrawberryLum
10-07-2007, 04:57 AM
I understand what you mean about to each there own when it comes to interpretting certain themes, I just worry about how some might take "White Day". I am so trying to be PC and not mean about this, I swear, I'm trying to help so there's no possible issues. ^_^;

But uhm, ideas for photoshoot. If you want a Seattle themed one we could have a "Space Invaders" theme, Space Needle background and all, and if we can get a group discount we could possibly even go up in the Space Needle.
There could be some type of zoo theme (I think it would be so cool to have cosplayers invade like Point Defiance or what have you, especially with Zoolights coming up!)

Kumi-chan
10-07-2007, 05:06 AM
Well, I'd ask that people be sensitive to the general public in their interpretation, as well as the way in which they behave while at the shoot. But this is Seattle. And we're cosplayers; most of us are pretty open-minded and PC already. I have faith in you guys. ^_^

Edit: In case you haven't checked the head post recently, I've added some information, including the address for Gasworks Park and a list of who's coming and what they're wearing (if they've provided that information on the thread). If you'd like to change the info relating to you, let me know.

---------------
Possible theme ideas: Suggest it here and I'll add it to a master list, to be discussed at the meet.

Shonen meets Shojo
Rival Schools
Space Cadet (inspired by StrawberryLum)
At Your Service
Strangers in a Strange Land
Short 'n Sweet
Out of Time
Walk on the Wild Side (also inspired by StrawberryLum)

rockthedojo
10-07-2007, 07:23 AM
But this is Seattle. And we're cosplayers; most of us are pretty open-minded and PC already.
*EHHH* Wrong =oD Rockthedojo:1 Kumi-chan:0...

Anyways ya Im for it give me time to get back in da country get my act together an Ill be all over dis group >.<

feyith
10-07-2007, 02:02 PM
I have a photographer friend who would love to tag along and take some documentary style shots. Would that be okay?

Kumi-chan
10-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Of course! I don't see why it would be a problem. Do you mean "behind the scenes" type photos as well as posed ones?

SvK
10-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Is there a meaning for "white day" besides "a day on which people wear white" and "reverse Valentine's Day from Japan"? I don't see anything objectionable about either of those.

Hitokiri Kenshin
10-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Will be bringing some rolls and/or pudding as well.

StrawberryLum
10-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Is there a meaning for "white day" besides "a day on which people wear white" and "reverse Valentine's Day from Japan"? I don't see anything objectionable about either of those.

By those definitions, no, nothing wrong at all. Ugh.. what I mean is I worry people might read race issues into it. If we advertise elsewhere ever and people see it they might read "White Day" as something racist. No, I am definitly not meaning that that's what was meant, just might want to be careful with a title like this. Nowadays people read one thing five million ways.

Kumi-chan
10-07-2007, 08:13 PM
I understand your concerns. I'm not saying it's a theme we'd definitely use, though I'd like to if we do something romantically-themed in February. March is also when Sakura Con takes place, so we may just focus on a spring theme.

I'm not saying we'd use that as the title either. If we start to advertise outside these forums, and we chose White Day as our theme, I would probably include a short description of the holiday on the flyer. If we did it. I will also include (as I plan on doing for each meet) a small request that people adhere to common social decorum when they attend the shoots. The only thing I'm trying to do is inspire photo ideas and possibly ideas for interesting props people could bring along. Not drama. We're all (I hope) here to have fun.

Like I said, I trust most of you to have good judgement. I know not everybody does, but the majority of cosplayers I've run into in the last five years have been friendly, considerate people. I don't expect any less of you guys.

StrawberryLum
10-07-2007, 09:10 PM
I completly understand, and I'm not trying to be all blah or anything, just don't want others being offended over nothing and causing big issues. I've sure if the theme is used and if everything is handled as you said (ie:description of the term and such) things would go just fine. I've just known a couple cosplayers who got offended over something then it turns out the took it in the completly wrong way. >_^

Scooby-Doo
10-07-2007, 09:37 PM

I like that theme/monthly idea too! We are probably all guilty of daydreaming about Sakura-Con in our habitual routines...It's a good chance to be able to get a taste of convention-esque environment, no matter how small...

Also, I drove to Gasworks Park today after work and it seemed like a good area for pictures...the air was crisp and chilly...but it was okay...I was all bundled up :]...it also got me thinking of winter time though. One thing I have always wanted to try is a photoshoot with a snowy backdrop...really, I think this can be done in any area...and maybe it could somehow be incoporated into a December theme...the only problem would be trying to meet when the roads may have dangerous conditions. The last thing I would want is people driving when it's icy out...

Omega Corn
10-07-2007, 10:19 PM
Ahoy! I plan on attending.
If it rains, I'll probably go sans costume just to chill and film, if that's okay.
Thanks to Darkain for giving the heads up and Kumi et al. for organizing.

Under the Umbrella eh?
I wish I had a Resident Evil costume :rolleyes:

Darkain
10-07-2007, 10:24 PM
Under the Umbrella eh?

I'm not sure whos worse... me, you, or punmasta.... you just got points for this one though...

StrawberryLum
10-07-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm so happy, I just found my (used to be my boyfriend's but he forgot I have it so uhm.. mine now :-D well.. I did pay for it and all, and I bought him a better spiffy skull handled umbrella) anyways, my nifty old fashioned sort of umbrella. It has that long metal tip at the end and a cool rounded handle. I really like it. Though I'm trying to figure out ways to temp. alter it to fit each charcter. Hmm.

Kumi-chan
10-07-2007, 10:55 PM
Ahoy! I plan on attending.
If it rains, I'll probably go sans costume just to chill and film, if that's okay.
Thanks to Darkain for giving the heads up and Kumi et al. for organizing.

Under the Umbrella eh?
You're awesome. That's exactly what I'm talking about! Be creative! ^^
And you're more than welcome to attend without a costume. This is a good opportunity for all of us to meet other Seattle-area anime fans, exchange contact info, and just hang out in a relaxed setting.

I'm wondering, does anyone know of a good place to go nearby for cheap food that can accomodate large groups of oddly dressed people? I'm thinking of later on in the afternoon or evening, once we've wrapped and it starts to get too chilly and dark. I'm sure most of us wouldn't mind grabbing a hot meal, as long as it's not too expensive. Pizza strikes me as a good choice, since the cost can be easily split amongst a group, but I don't know what's in the area.

@Scooby-Doo: I definitely want to do a winter/snowy shoot, though we really need to find a place with an indoor area for that one. Depending on the weather this year, how much snow we get in December, we might be able to incorporate holiday lights into our meet up. StrawberryLum mentioned Zoolights at Point Defiance. I don't know much about photography; can some of you professional types tell me anything about low light situations?

Scooby-Doo
10-07-2007, 11:14 PM
I'm wondering, does anyone know of a good place to go nearby for cheap food that can accomodate large groups of oddly dressed people? I'm thinking of later on in the afternoon or evening, once we've wrapped and it starts to get too chilly and dark. I'm sure most of us wouldn't mind grabbing a hot meal, as long as it's not too expensive. Pizza strikes me as a good choice, since the cost can be easily split amongst a group, but I don't know what's in the area.

There's a bunch of places to eat on the University AVE which is right next to the UW, including a Pagliacci's Pizza (http://www.pagliacci.com/index.shtml). I don't exactly know their capacity, but I'm pretty sure about 25-30 can be in there, maybe more? I sometimes get a slice or two there, with a plain cheese being about $2.00 per. They aren't the biggest slices, but it's the only pizza place nearby I know of. Anyone else?

Arissa-chan
10-08-2007, 12:08 AM
All of this information is dizzying. I dunno what's what anymore! **Must go back through thread to confirm meet-up point!** Okay. I didn't get anything spectacularly new for my costumes...just make-up ($10.00 blush...I'm never shopping TARGET for beauty supplies again! NYC products...cheap...but is it good?) Anyways...I guess I'll just have jelly straws to share (I better be getting the scissors I bring with me back!). I'm bringing Alex Rou with me (we have a hair appointment hopefully the day before the photoshoot, so we'll see how it goes. I might have an Alex Rou with short hair! :bigcry: ), and I'll be Sophia with her hair down and no glasses. I have different boots then what I had at the con (lost those), but it'll work. It's all I got. No Silvana pin (lost that, too). >=( If I get cold over the course of the photoshoot, I'll switch to my Kyoko trenchcoat (there are none of the sleeve kanji on it, so sue me if you don't like it!) with my Kyo beanie with the eyes and ears and angry mark and doctor's mask. Other than that...I think I'm good to go.

I just won't be buying anything for a couple weeks. Expensive, expensive weekend...@.@

Darkain
10-08-2007, 12:26 AM
I don't know much about photography; can some of you professional types tell me anything about low light situations?

erm, well, its sorta like this... most photographers HATE it... where as, i personally LOVE it. i'm sorta known for my "epic night" photo shoots that i've done at some of the cons. all of the equipment that i'm buying now is actually to aid in my night time photography. i'll be more then happy to go into more detail on photography related things in person. also, i'm always open to suggestions for ideas, and the sooner i get them, the sooner i can run lil experiments to see how it works. since zoo lights was mentioned above, i'll probably start fiddling around with some holliday lights to see what kind of things to expect from them.

*randomly thinks to self* mmmm, i dont think that holliday lights cool down fast enough to cause flicker like some light bulds do...

StrawberryLum
10-08-2007, 01:07 AM
I've actually taken some shots at Zoolights (some with a digi cam and some with a throw away) and the holiday lights give just the right amount of light. It'd be especially cool if we got a shot of everyone under the big rainbow they always have. They also thankfully have an indoor eating area that's always nice and warm.
Once it gets closer to the time, if we all decide to give it a go that is, I could look into getting a group rate.
The other good thing about going to Zoolights is if we arrive at about dusk we can get some nifty shots in the awesome gardens they have (they even have a Japanese garden with Japanese-styled house). There's also some nifty places in the surrounding area available for temp rental use.

rockthedojo
10-08-2007, 01:07 AM
You guys are wierd >.< Your plan is to parade around in a populated park in costume on a non convention day... At first id like to think dun knock it until you try it but theres got to be a better way >.< Like renting out a skating rink for a cosplay party =oD or some lanes at a bowling alley =o/

boogs
10-08-2007, 02:25 AM
Ooo, you can count me in. I might go as Kairi (since Moon Flow is doing Roxas) if I'm feeling suicidal. :B Or at this rate probably Tifa.

ultimaaa
10-08-2007, 04:04 AM
You guys are wierd >.< Your plan is to parade around in a populated park in costume on a non convention day... At first id like to think dun knock it until you try it but theres got to be a better way >.< Like renting out a skating rink for a cosplay party =oD or some lanes at a bowling alley =o/

Meh, it's not like it hasn't been done before. Cosplay picnics are pretty commonplace, last I checked. =)

StrawberryLum
10-08-2007, 06:04 AM

Why bother posting something like this? Just trying to stir up drama or something?

But I'll humor you.

If you think people in costumes out and about is weird you should really look around nowadays. People wear weird costume-y type things ALL the time. Goths, punks, and "school girls" alike.

And you do realize, people have photoshoots everywhere, where in they wear what ever they happen to be selling or if it's wedding, so, would you consider them weird as well?

No? Well then, try not judging others lest ye be judged.. and all that.

Kumi-chan
10-08-2007, 06:22 AM
Obviously, he is trying to stir up drama, otherwise he wouldn't be posting comments that might be easily interpreted as inflammatory. ^_^

We're all trying to have fun here. I'll ask you to kindly act in a civil manner, since the rest of us don't seem to have a problem "parading around in costume". That's what this thread is for, after all.

StrawberryLum
10-08-2007, 06:55 AM
Just wait, now we really will have a parade and they are so not invited. :-Þ

rockthedojo
10-08-2007, 07:51 AM
Obviously, he is trying to stir up drama, otherwise he wouldn't be posting comments that might be easily interpreted as inflammatory. ^_^

Negative I assure you that is not my intention >.< I was just being realistic geez Im a cosplayer too it just amuses me sometimes when i take a step back and realize how goofy cosplaying is... But thats half the fun in life... Like I always say standing on the sidelines shooting skepticism is an act of envious people(haters).

Getting that out of the way I was just suggesting an out of the box idea for future meetups because as ultima said its common place to meet at a park >.< Why not bust out something new...

And drama is not my nature >.< You might have some conflicts with me because unlike most of you I was raised in Oklahoma so where I come from is not as openminded or PC at all =oP

So you guys enjoy >.< you cause pawn off that "drama" comment I made as an 'envious' comment of the fact you all get to participate and not me ='o(

Kumi-chan
10-08-2007, 12:36 PM
If that's your reason, that's fine...I just think some of us took offense at the way your post was worded. It wasn't entirely clear that you weren't dissing the outdoor photoshoot.

The reason we're holding it at the park this time is that is where cpardo and I met last time. It was a good location and not really crowded at all. The fact we were there on a weekday could've had something to do with that, but it is a big park; there's room for everyone. I wasn't expecting the meet-up to get this big. Honestly, I expected maybe fifteen people. We aren't meeting at the park every month. To keep the backgrounds interesting, I'd like us to meet somewhere new each time; for the winter, this may mean going to an indoor location.

Oh, and not born and raised in Seattle? Neither am I. I'm from Alaska. But that doesn't mean I can't be considerate. It's not a trait only found in Seattle, is it?

StrawberryLum
10-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Is consideration even available in Seattle? >_^ Kidding.. sort of. I've had so many bad experinces with Seattle, I swear. Then again, not like Tacoma has served me well either.
Anyways, as long as you, rock, weren't trying to be rude, fine, but I do think you sould be a little more careful with your words as the way you made it sound you thought it best we hide and not be seen by the public, as though it was something shameful, which it isn't, of course.
And on another note, I found a huge freaking thermos (I think it used to be my grandpa's) so I shall be able to supply hot water and I'll be bringing coco packets, tea bags, doughnuts, and whatever I can grab from the dollar store, probably assorted candy.
I'm not familiar with the Seattle area but after I'm done with this post I'll go and google some nearby eateries and let ya'll know what I find.

EDIT:
Here's a list of what I found:

Blue C Sushi
3411 Fremont Ave N, Seattle, WA

Mcdonald's
5146 25th Ave NE, Seattle, WA

Burger King
1432 NW Market St, Seattle, WA

Jack in the Box
4749 University Way NE, Seattle, WA

Mad Pizza
3601 Fremont Ave N # 101, Seattle, WA

Beth's Cafe
7311 Aurora Ave N, Seattle, WA

Now, I don't know the Seattle area or how easy any of these places are to find, but they're all supposed to be quite close to the park so hopefully we can choose a place to eat after the photoshoot, if everyone still wants to.

Omega Corn
10-08-2007, 07:42 PM

...I was just suggesting an out of the box idea for future meetups because as ultima said its common place to meet at a park >.< Why not bust out something new...

Actually if you think about it, there really isn't a better way.

Among other reasons, I'm guessing that many cosplay gatherings are held at parks because of the large space, scenery, freeness ($), and minimal regulation (I can see a bowling alley or other private establishment not letting you in if you're carrying a 6' sword.)

Plus, a lot of cosplays are delicate, limit function, or have large props, so something more active -- like ice skating, bowling, playing frisbee, visiting a water park, bobbing for apples, walking at a moderate pace, etc. -- wouldn't work for everyone.

:square:

Jonisey
10-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Um hoping to make it, but not sure- need to figure out how ill get back to portland T___T

Kumi-chan
10-08-2007, 08:56 PM
Actually if you think about it, there really isn't a better way.

Among other reasons, I'm guessing that many cosplay gatherings are held at parks because of the large space, scenery, freeness ($), and minimal regulation (I can see a bowling alley or other private establishment not letting you in if you're carrying a 6' sword.)

Plus, a lot of cosplays are delicate, limit function, or have large props, so something more active -- like ice skating, bowling, playing frisbee, visiting a water park, bobbing for apples, walking at a moderate pace, etc. -- wouldn't work for everyone.

:square:

Well put. I know that I wouldn't be too crazy about a bowling alley meet up because bowling balls tend to collect the oil they put down on the lanes. I wouldn't like that brushing up against most of my handmade costumes.

Not that it wouldn't make for a few interesting photos, and with one of my more washable costumes, perhaps. I've had the idea of going to a skating rink in cosplay for a while, but that's because I want to do Azusa Shiratori from Ranma 1/2. But we probably would have a hard time taking pictures; it would work better as a fun outing, not so much a photoshoot. Candid photos are one thing, but it's hard to set up proper artistic shots in a busy setting. That's why it's difficult to get good shots at conventions unless you find an out-of-the-way area (or you've got mad skills, like some of our friends here).

cpardo
10-08-2007, 09:29 PM
The weather for Sunday is like overcast--cloudy with partial sun so it should be somewhat decent weather at the park. I'll keep an eye on the forecast.

Since I'm bringing Ranma as well as Ataru, I may bring some weapon props this time!

Speaking of a bowling alley. I've been wanting to do something like that for a while. I called it "Cosplay Bowling" where teams of cosplayers bowl against each other and stay in character--for the most part. Ranma bowling against/with Akane?--riot! I thought it would be most entertaining for us. The other idea was the similar "Cosplay Mini-Golf!"

A skating rink would be cool too, although me never being on ice skates before I'd fall on my tush--well at first anyway.

But I'm all for themed gatherings too.

Kumi-chan
10-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Ah, but give Akane a bowling ball (or any heavy object really) and have her compete against Ranma? Sounds like a recipe for disaster if you ask me. :p

I think those would go more under the heading of "cosplay party". As long as it was understood ahead of time that we were participating in something active...miniature golf would be fun. I know the Funtasia near where I live in Lynnwood has a partly indoor course.

And of course you should suck at skating! That's in character!

keropan
10-08-2007, 09:44 PM
The weather for Sunday is like overcast--cloudy with partial sun so it should be somewhat decent weather at the park. I'll keep an eye on the forecast.

That sounds promising! :D Overcast - so typically Seattle, aside from the rain.
And thank you for offering your tiny umbrella StrawberryLum! That would be wonderful, but it would be even more so if we didn't need to use any, heh.

Now I have to convince my friend if she's interested in going and I am definitely in. Still deciding on which costume to bring though, but I am leaning towards Naruto.

Any estimates on how long the park gathering will last? (Totally sorry if this has been brought up before. =\)

Darkain
10-08-2007, 09:48 PM
Any estimates on how long the park gathering will last? (Totally sorry if this has been brought up before. =\)

it'll last as long as people want to stick around for... for instance, i have booked the entire weekend for this event to ensure that i dont get any work thrown at me. so, i'll probably stick around till after it gets dark (as long as others are around too). heh, i can never turn down the chance for some more epic night shots, especially with new equipment in hand. ;)

StrawberryLum
10-08-2007, 09:51 PM
I wonder what charcter it would be like to accidentily throw the ball behind themselves. (Yeah.. it's happened to me twice now. Step up to the line, weild the ball back, bring hand forward and.. no ball, where's it gone? Behind me to where all the laughing people are. >_^)

Kumi-chan
10-08-2007, 09:57 PM
God, I think I've done that twice at one bowling session! (I suck at bowling, I think my average score is 60.) And it would be totally like Akane; if anyone's ever seen the rhythmic gymnastics episodes? Pretty much any cute, clumsy character would fit.

keropan
10-08-2007, 10:01 PM
God, I think I've done that twice at one bowling session! (I suck at bowling, I think my average score is 60.) And it would be totally like Akane; if anyone's ever seen the rhythmic gymnastics episodes? Pretty much any cute, clumsy character would fit.

I dropped a bowling ball on my foot once. No joke. It... pretty much sucked, and hilarity ensued for my friends. At least I can say with certainty that it doesn't just happen on tv shows.... x__x
I'm not that great of a bowler either, 60-70s for me, and if I'm having a great day I'll manage to break 100! ^^;

StrawberryLum
10-08-2007, 10:43 PM
I could be Chii, totally taking advantage of not knowing what to do and just trying to push the ball down the lane or backwards between my legs. :-P

seeminglyeasy
10-08-2007, 11:00 PM
I might come. I'll try to maybe be there. wow it does seem like a lot of ppl are going. I'll check to see if I have any thing that i can't quit. :D hope to be there. got the info down just in case

rockthedojo
10-09-2007, 12:54 AM
I've had the idea of going to a skating rink in cosplay for a while, but that's because I want to do Azusa Shiratori from Ranma 1/2. But we probably would have a hard time taking pictures; it would work better as a fun outing, not so much a photoshoot.

I could take all the photos >.< I am for lack of a better explanation "breathtaking" on skates =oD It wouldn't bother me at all to skate around and take action shots >.< You were talking about themed meetups that could be February... couples cosplay skate >.< I've also been to all the rinks south of Seattle so I could pick da best one =oP

Kumi-chan
10-09-2007, 12:56 AM
In that case, you should do Mikado Sanzenin. :toothy:

rockthedojo
10-09-2007, 02:05 AM
In that case, you should do Mikado Sanzenin.

Negative >.< Im not a Ranma fan and even if I was i probably wouldn't dress up as an ice skater...

If i did a skating cosplay itd be Ikki Minami J-rock style (http://www.geocities.com/rockthedojo/airgearjrock.JPG) or Inuyama of the Rez-Boa-Bogs(I like his style) (http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3394/inuyama8ta.jpg)

StrawberryLum
10-09-2007, 03:49 AM
Ice skating scares me. O.o Last time I went I ended up with a huge gashed up knee and could barely walk. I could give it a go though. Though I think rollerskating would be safer.. and less painful. lol

Arissa-chan
10-09-2007, 10:13 PM
I'm so excited for this Sunday! I dunno what I'd do for next month's photoshoot. These are the only two costumes I have. :thumbsup:

Hitokiri Kenshin
10-09-2007, 10:23 PM
I'm so excited for this Sunday! I dunno what I'd do for next month's photoshoot. These are the only two costumes I have. :thumbsup:

My three are the same, and two of them I need to fix some things before Sunday.

ultimaaa
10-09-2007, 11:19 PM

Closet cosplay! It's what I'm doing for this shoot, actually. ^^; Just go to a thrift store near you, I'm sure you can find something to turn into a wearable costume.

Kumi-chan
10-09-2007, 11:57 PM
Just wait until Sunday...I'll unveil next month's theme, which may give you some ideas. I've got a pretty good idea what it's going to be. (A couple, actually, I'm deciding between them.) ^_^
I'm still accepting suggestions, of course, though holidays and season will influence what we pick. There's a list of ideas at the end of the head post, so if you like any of those, let me know.

Don't let yourself stress too much. A lot can be accomplished through the use of different props. If you wanted to do the same costume each time, that would be fine too...that's one of the reasons I want us to change our venue, so it's not the same photos each time. Not to say we won't come back to Gasworks...we probably will in the spring.

Edit: Wondering...should I bring my Kagome cosplay? I think I can still get my bike in the van, even with the seats in there. I just wouldn't mind getting some new shots of it.
Geh. Gotta see if I can finish Ryoga first.

StrawberryLum
10-10-2007, 03:50 AM
Hmm, if there will be any Inuyasha charcters I might be tempted to bring my Yura costume. Don't know if I could find all the pieces. Think it'd be worth it?

Kumi-chan
10-10-2007, 04:02 AM
Ooh, you'd freeze girl! Go for it! :D
Even if just for a little bit. I've only ever seen one Yura cosplayer, and that was about four years ago. It'd be really cool to see another one. If you can find your pieces, that would be awesome.

I'll probably be cold too. It's Kagome's summer uniform...short sleeves, and an (almost) accurate-length skirt. But I've got really cool props. Anyone here ever seen "Seattle Ramen"? I don't know what it tastes like...but it's got the Space Needle on the lid.

StrawberryLum
10-10-2007, 04:12 AM
I'm pretty sure I'll freeze if only for my other costume as well. (Pink Lum, bikini top and, because I'm trying to be modest and fit my body type, boy type shorts instead of the typical bikini bottoms, so I'll definitly be cold, but you can't have art unless you suffer for it. :-P)
I think I'll just make a new Yura costume, I have to go get bias tape tomorrow anyway and Joann's is having an awesome sale (half off halloween stuff +fabric, meaning cheap vinyl.. do I need vinyl.. maybe.. at some point.. >_^) so I could pick up a cheapy fake skull, make me a comb and all the needed bits.
Sorry.. got off topic a bit. ¬_¬ Anyways, no, I've never heard of Seattle Ramen but it worries me. Ooo you should totally try Yakisoba noodles. I love them long time, I really really do.

Kumi-chan
10-10-2007, 04:41 AM
Oh yeah, yakisoba is one of my favorite summertime dishes to make, along with cold soba (great with an iced glass of barley tea). I prefer it with just the sauce and eggs scrambled into it, maybe with a little shredded nori on top. Seattle Ramen was just the name on the package. I doubt it has anything to do with the taste. And it was cheapo stuff, which is why I've been afraid to eat it. I prefer kitsune ramen myself...there's one brand in particular with bright packaging that I use for a prop at cons. It's yummy.

And why are we talking about noodles?! Don't worry too much about the Yura costume, if you really want to do it go ahead (and she's perfect for October, she'd make a great Halloween party costume) but don't stress about it. Though I guess the fabric requirements for Yura aren't too great. ^_~
(BTW, Inuyasha is playing on the TV as I type. Weird. It came on about halfway through.)

StrawberryLum
10-10-2007, 05:27 AM
Why talk about noodles? Because they're awesome of course! (If I remember, I have to find out from my boyfriend what the name of an anime is, it was short lived but has a part I constantly quote "Going home for noodles, going home for noodles, yum yum.. *crash*" Crash would be the charcter just fell off the top of a building having forgotten where they were. :-P )
Anyways, yeah, I've wanted to redo my Yura outfit for a while and one can never have too many costumes. If I can find some good fabric I'll definitly do it. Really all I need is the black fabric, I have left over yellow/red and I have a katana.. though not knowing the law I'd probably be stuck just using the scabbord bit.

rockthedojo
10-10-2007, 06:54 AM
Anyone doing Fate/Stay Night cosplays in seattle? I've been gnulling over an Archer costume for a while and I think I've figured out all of it except how to reproduce the metal on all his different accesories to look the same =o/

feyith
10-10-2007, 11:11 PM
Hrm...I guess if Barret and Tifa are coming, I'll bring Lightning. Not sure about running around Gasworks with a real sword, though. :)

Darkain
10-10-2007, 11:14 PM
Hrm...I guess if Barret and Tifa are coming, I'll bring Lightning. Not sure about running around Gasworks with a real sword, though. :)

If you don't have the license points to equip a bladed weapon in public, then I'd recomend against it. However, I will try to have one of two non-metalic swords with me for fun. ;)

Hitokiri Kenshin
10-11-2007, 12:14 AM
Was going to bring the reverse blade for the Kenshin. Keep it sheathed mainly,

The~Wind
10-11-2007, 01:53 AM
As 'Kain knows, myself and two of my friends are coming to the photoshoot. I'm going to try to make some nummies! Probably cookies. ^_^;

The three of us shall be in our Star Ocean 2: The Second Story, cosplays. *smiles*

Also, my friend and I are gonna try to bring our Duo and Heero cosplays from Gundam Wing.

feyith
10-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Anybody have an extra pair of toy guns that I could borrow for the day please? :)

cpardo
10-11-2007, 03:39 PM
I have toy guns but not a pair of the same kind. What costume are they for?

Just found out there may be a Hana Ichigo from Rozen Maiden and a Winrey from FMA attending--cool!

feyith
10-11-2007, 03:54 PM
It's for Lightning. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3S5GirznEs

TseUq
10-11-2007, 06:52 PM
Wow cant believe I never noticed/heard of this meetup till now *three days before* >.<

*thanks Airika!!!! <3 lol b/c of your myspace I went on an epic search*

Anywho.... Im from Van Isle Canada, so its a lil' bit of travelin' for me, but I'll see what I can do 8-) lol! I am new to this and would love the opportunity to meet new people/hang out! *especially when it seems to be a large group*

I was planning on heading to CA for Ycon this month, but the funds wont let me buy a plane ticket TT_TT But a bus ticket seems much more reasonable to still get my cosplay/otaku fill ^^

How long do we think this may run for? As I would have to get a return ticket to head back to BC.... T_T .... unless some otaku want to have a sleepover! XD LOL:rockon:

I would be bringing: Orihime from Bleach, Lacus from Gundam SEED, or Light from Deathnote <- seems like the most practical for fall weather LOL XD

StrawberryLum
10-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Wow cant believe I never noticed/heard of this meetup till now *three days before* >.<

Anywho.... Im from Van Isle Canada, so its a lil' bit of travelin' for me, but I'll see what I can do 8-) lol! I am new to this and would love the opportunity to meet new people/hang out! *especially when it seems to be a large group*

I was planning on heading to CA for Ycon this month, but the funds wont let me buy a plane ticket TT_TT But a bus ticket seems much more reasonable to still get my cosplay/otaku fill ^^

How long do we think this may run for? As I would have to get a return ticket to head back to BC.... T_T .... unless some otaku want to have a sleepover! XD LOL:rockon:

I would be bringing: Orihime from Bleach, Lacus from Gundam SEED, or Light from Deathnote <- seems like the most practical for fall weather LOL XD

I'd invite you to stay at my place but I seriously doubt you want to sleep on a hardwood floor and as we're in the process of selling off some stuff for a move, the couch was one of the things sold off. >_^ (and my sewing has taken up the living room, :bigtu: )
But, if you're fine with some pillows and blankets on the floor you can crash here. (I'll have to ask my mom of course, yeah, I'm 20, live with my mom. >_< I'm saving up for cosplay and my trip to Europe.. if that's excuse enough. :toothy: )

Hitokiri Kenshin
10-11-2007, 08:14 PM

I remember you from Anime Evo. Would be cool if you're able to make it.

cpardo
10-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Orihime huh? Maybe I'll bring my new Ichigo Soul Reaper costume!

feyith, I have a metal colored toyhandgun that makes sounds, and a black toy pistol, but I don't have any big rapidfire toy ones. I can bring them just in case.

bluepaws25
10-11-2007, 10:00 PM
i am in the lynnwood area... anyone want to carpool.
email or messenger bluepaws25@hotmail.com

Rikkizilla
10-11-2007, 10:56 PM
Orihime huh? Maybe I'll bring my new Ichigo Soul Reaper costume!

feyith, I have a metal colored toyhandgun that makes sounds, and a black toy pistol, but I don't have any big rapidfire toy ones. I can bring them just in case.
Bring Ichigo!! We have a small arrancar group coming! :'D;!

Amidoji
10-11-2007, 11:41 PM
Bring Ichigo!! We have a small arrancar group coming! :'D;!

Do we? I'm bringing Soi Fong! I'm also considering bringing Draco Malfoy if Soi Fong gets too cold.

Rikkizilla
10-11-2007, 11:55 PM
Yeah, and I mean small XD; I think it's just an Aizen, Grimmjow, and Luppi.

Soi Fong! That will be so cool, I hope it's not cold @_@

StrawberryLum
10-12-2007, 12:12 AM
Do we? I'm bringing Soi Fong! I'm also considering bringing Draco Malfoy if Soi Fong gets too cold.

lol. And if you bring Draco I'm going to have to bring my Ravenclaw costume. And I'll go fangirl.
Is it weird that I'd fangirl another girl? :crylaugh:

Arissa-chan
10-12-2007, 12:24 AM
Trying to figure out my weekend is getting stressful

Kumi-chan
10-12-2007, 03:42 AM
If anyone needs a ride from Mill Creek/Lynnwood, I've got room for up to four in my van (though it may be crowded, as I'm bringing lots of junk). I can pick up at the Albertsons in Mill Creek and the Transit Center in Lynnwood. I will be leaving Mill Creek at ten; I'd arrive in Lynnwood by 10:30 at the latest. PM or respond here if you're interested.

Just picked up my Alphonse wig last night, and it's wonderful. *Pets pretty, pretty wig* Lovely fiber, so silky and non-tangley. I'm in heaven. Just have to finish straightening the slight wave at the ends tonight and then I can cut the bangs tomorrow after work.

Ryoga's not gonna get done by Sunday, so it's either Ranma-chan (with new pants and restyled wig) or Shampoo (pink and red outfit). I can't decide. I've got so many Shampoo photos already...but I love that outfit. Ranma's so comfy, and I don't have any outdoor photos of that one. Gah. I suck at decision-making.

@Rikkizilla: Forecast is in head post (updated daily), but it looks like low 60s with mixed clouds and sunshine. Cooler (high 40s) and possibly rainshowers in the evening.

@StarwberryLum: I fangirl other girl cosplayers all the time. Gender doesn't matter when the costume is fantastic.

StrawberryLum
10-12-2007, 03:58 AM
I'm jealous you got your wig Kumi-Chan, I ordered mine from Cosworx back on the 2 and still nothing. >_< Though thankfully I got my spiffy pink wig from a private seller (ordered only two days ago and it got here at about 5pm yesterday, so I don't know what Cosworx's problem is. ), so I'll be styling that as well as my Yura wig (got a cheap wig, 5 bucks, that actually looks/feels quite nice).
I'm contemplating.. if I have time, spare fabric, I may try to do a simple lolita type version of the panda from Ranma, no I have no idea who/what the panda is all about but every picture/gif I see of it makes me laugh. :-)

EDIT: Wiki is my friend and I now know about the charcter.. I still want to do it. :-P Gotta figure out what to put on the sign though.

Kumi-chan
10-12-2007, 04:22 AM
Oh good lord...loli-panda-Genma...that is sooooo wrong in so many ways. :crylaugh: Make my brain stop, now I'm picturing human Genma in loli. It hurts!

I ordered mine from cosworx on the 3rd or 4th...so yours will probably arrive in a day or two. They're pretty fast, really, could just be issues on the way.

StrawberryLum
10-12-2007, 07:06 AM
Did you get a confirmation email? They say that they send one when they ship it and I never got anything.
And I totally know what you mean now. And for some reason I am picturing hi with just two curly que hair falls on the sides of his head. Why? I dunno, but the thought makes me laugh.

Amidoji
10-12-2007, 10:00 AM
lol. And if you bring Draco I'm going to have to bring my Ravenclaw costume. And I'll go fangirl.
Is it weird that I'd fangirl another girl? :crylaugh:

More than likely you will not be the creepiest fangirl I have had in that costume. I get it all of the time when I'm Draco.

But I will definately bring Draco and make the change at some point. I have my captain's rode and everything for Soi Fong, but I know Draco will be plenty warm enough. And I even have my slytherin scarf.. which I think I need to find where I put it as I didn't need it in July when I last wore the costume.

StrawberryLum
10-12-2007, 01:46 PM
:-D Awesome. I wish I had a Ravenclaw scarf but all anybody makes is movie colors and I'm into the book colors. Meh, oh well. I best get back to sewing I've still got to finish my school uniform, Yura, Pink!Lum, and if my wig gets here in time, regular Lum.
Can I die now? x_x lol

TseUq
10-12-2007, 03:38 PM
But, if you're fine with some pillows and blankets on the floor you can crash here. (I'll have to ask my mom of course, yeah, I'm 20, live with my mom. >_< I'm saving up for cosplay and my trip to Europe.. if that's excuse enough. :toothy: )

Thanks so much for the invitation =^.^= However I talked one of my friends into driving down with me XD lol so we will be able to just head back whenever we like ^^ And haha hey there is nothing wrong with that, if I liked my family I would totally stay at home LOL XP :bigtu: You said it: more money for cosplay!! haha XD

Hitokiri Kenshi :: lol really? Thats awesome, I thought I was super stealth like and un-noticable haha XD lol j.k

Cpardo :: Yay Ichigo!!! ^^ hehe, seems Orihime is a good choice *man I wish their school uniform didnt have skirts* T_T lol! Hopefully it will be warm!

StrawberryLum
10-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Okie doke! How much of a trip is that? I've road tripped to Portland but not all the way to Canada. (well, I went with my Grandparents but I slept most of the way. ^_^)

Airika
10-12-2007, 05:19 PM
TseUq: No problem for bulletins ^_^ *myspace freak*

I just wanna say I'm super excited for this photoshoot! Thanks you guys for organizing this. <3

bluepaws25
10-12-2007, 09:14 PM
do you still have room in the van?
and since i am not sure where the albertsons mill creek is...and i know there are like two lynnwood transit centers so which one is it???
and if you do not have room and know of more people that need rides let me know by email bluepaws25@hotmail.com
thanks, dea

If anyone needs a ride from Mill Creek/Lynnwood, I've got room for up to four in my van (though it may be crowded, as I'm bringing lots of junk). I can pick up at the Albertsons in Mill Creek and the Transit Center in Lynnwood. I will be leaving Mill Creek at ten; I'd arrive in Lynnwood by 10:30 at the latest. PM or respond here if you're interested.

Just picked up my Alphonse wig last night, and it's wonderful. *Pets pretty, pretty wig* Lovely fiber, so silky and non-tangley. I'm in heaven. Just have to finish straightening the slight wave at the ends tonight and then I can cut the bangs tomorrow after work.

Ryoga's not gonna get done by Sunday, so it's either Ranma-chan (with new pants and restyled wig) or Shampoo (pink and red outfit). I can't decide. I've got so many Shampoo photos already...but I love that outfit. Ranma's so comfy, and I don't have any outdoor photos of that one. Gah. I suck at decision-making.

@Rikkizilla: Forecast is in head post (updated daily), but it looks like low 60s with mixed clouds and sunshine. Cooler (high 40s) and possibly rainshowers in the evening.

@StarwberryLum: I fangirl other girl cosplayers all the time. Gender doesn't matter when the costume is fantastic.

Justke
10-12-2007, 09:29 PM
TseUq: No problem for bulletins ^_^ *myspace freak*

I just wanna say I'm super excited for this photoshoot! Thanks you guys for organizing this. <3

Ahhhh, Airika is going too?! XDD *gets to see you again*

I'm working on finishing my Roxas costume right now ^^ just bought some fabric markers and other materials to finish the jacket....I'm so exciiiite for the photoshoot =)

Arissa-chan
10-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Instead of Alex Rou I'm bringing Monkey Boy Onizuka. I'll probably still bring both of my costumes with me. Would there be anyplace for the monkey boy to put his costume on at so we don't look like freaks driving through Seattle?

silentjoshua
10-13-2007, 01:01 AM
Oh heck yes! I just found out about this so you can count Calintz in from Magna Carta. :D

This should be fun.

StrawberryLum
10-13-2007, 01:17 AM
Let's hope I can get all my costumes done and figure out a way to hide my finger. I had to go to the hospital today because, as I was finishing up a top I sliced my finger clean the bone with my scissors. Had to get three stitches and a tetnis shot. >_<

Darkain
10-13-2007, 01:23 AM
Let's hope I can get all my costumes done and figure out a way to hide my finger. I had to go to the hospital today because, as I was finishing up a top I sliced my finger clean the bone with my scissors. Had to get three stitches and a tetnis shot. >_<

ouch, sounds like painful... maybe this'll make you feel better? honestly, i read that as TETRIS shot!! :)

rockthedojo
10-13-2007, 01:47 AM
Im not gonna be there so I want pictures >.< Let me know when you get em posted k?

StrawberryLum
10-13-2007, 01:48 AM
If only! Tetris=Fun, Tetnis not so much. :-P

Darkain
10-13-2007, 03:03 AM
OOOO, BEFORE I FORGET !!!

Part of this event is the idea for it to be a "photo-shoot." Sometimes we get brain dead when it comes to coming up with pose ideas... We've ALL suffered from this. Do you know the best way to deal with it? Bring some reference artwork!!

At Kumoricon, for one of the shoots I did there, they brought an issue of the manga with them. The cosplayer opened it up and pointed at a page and said "I want this!" And you know what? Thats what they got! It made their life and mine EXTREMELY easy, because it was 100% clear what they wanted, and then all I had to do was deliver. :)

So, please feel free to bring any reference artwork of ANY kind with you, if there are specific shots/poses/ideas you have. It doesn't specifically have to be your character either,as some poses work well for a variety of characters!!

StrawberryLum
10-13-2007, 03:07 AM
Spiffy. I know I wanna get Chii/Freya type poses with Kumi-Chan. I always thought the twin type poses were cute. If Kumi's willing of course. ^_^

Scooby-Doo
10-13-2007, 04:57 AM
I'm probably going to stop by early Sunday morning since I don't start work until 1PM. I was curious...is there any kind of snacks that you guys want in particular? I myself am no cook, nor do I pass any interesting stores on my way into Seattle (just typical...Safeway, QFC, Bartells, etc.), but I can try to pick up something you guys want...

Kumi-chan
10-13-2007, 02:52 PM
OOOO, BEFORE I FORGET !!!

Part of this event is the idea for it to be a "photo-shoot." Sometimes we get brain dead when it comes to coming up with pose ideas... We've ALL suffered from this. Do you know the best way to deal with it? Bring some reference artwork!!

"Part"? Yeah, that was the original idea! :P Somehow it's blossomed into a really big thing...I'm wondering how it's going to go in future months. Obviously not everybody can make it every time, but if word starts to spread about us...

And anyone who's taking photos! (I assume that's most of us.) After the shoot, please post here with a link to your gallery once you have it online, and I'll make a list of the links in the head post.

I've got artbooks for Ranma and Inuyasha, so I can bring those. I believe the Inuyasha one has some color artwork for Yura. Unfortunately, no Urusei Yatsura manga...I don't think I've ever seen it sold at a bookstore, I'd probably have to order it from Viz's site or ebay.
Of course, twin Lum poses would be really cute! It's just too bad we don't have two Atarus...one for Lum, one for Shinobu.

The weather is looking better and better. It looks like it's not going to be rainy at all, just overcast! (Edit: Not even really that overcast, actually.) Perfect for photos, and since it's sunny today, the ground shouldn't be too wet by noon. Temps look to be in the low to mid 60s starting in the late morning, and will stay there until evening. High will be 68, low will be 46, according to one site.

@Scooby-Doo: Snacks...anything that doesn't require dishes, utensils, or refrigeration, and isn't too greasy or messy. Cookies, chips, etc.

@Arissa-chan: There are restrooms for major costume changes. I'd suggest wearing your shoes or flip-flops while you do, though, and keep your clothes/costumes hanging on the door or in a box or bag. The floor's a little iffy (public restroom in a public park, after all). For outer clothing switches, adjustments, and makeup, I'm offering my van as a clean changing station. Basically, as long as you're not stripped completely down, you can change in my van. I'll have posters up in most of the windows while I'm parked.

rockthedojo
10-13-2007, 03:09 PM
:Bigcry: You guys are going like right now aren't you... Can someone swing by the phillipines on the way to gasworks and pick me up?

Kumi-chan
10-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Don't worry! Next time will be even better, I promise! I've got some plans that will take more time than I have for this month's meetup; we'll probably have some more activities planned for November's meet, games and stuff for people to play while they're not getting their photos taken. Make it more like a mini-con (very mini; costume party would probably be a better term).

Darkain
10-13-2007, 03:24 PM
Don't worry! Next time will be even better, I promise! I've got some plans that will take more time than I have for this month's meetup; we'll probably have some more activities planned for November's meet, games and stuff for people to play while they're not getting their photos taken. Make it more like a mini-con (very mini).

At the rate this is growing, we might already be larger than Chibi-Chibi-Con... We should have a little sign-in sheet for people, so we can keep track of who actually showed up. (real name, online name, e-mail should be enough). This would be much helpful to some of us photographers as well, such as asking individuals for specific usage permission of some photos (like for print publications, or marketing, or whatever)

Kumi-chan
10-13-2007, 03:35 PM
I guess I'll make the van the sign-in station then. What do you think, should I try to put together some badges? More to use as nametags than anything else, but I've collected some umbrella-related anime images that I was planning on using for the posters in my windows. I could probably do a series of badges that used them. Nothing special.

Just ordered the coffee! Three cartons, serves about 36, about all I could buy myself. I'm picking it up from one of the stores in the University Village right before the shoot.

rockthedojo
10-13-2007, 03:40 PM
Oh oh next chibichibi con picnic shoot thingy I want to be the nagging staff member .... SSSHHHHhhh put the sword away thats too revealing!!! Your not sapose to have fun here... >.< Dun make me angry I have the staff badge and you dunt beoch

StrawberryLum
10-13-2007, 04:29 PM
It makes for more convincing photos if Shinobu and Lum are fighting over one Ataru anyway. :-P Besides, I think after a while Shinobu wanted Mendou more. ^_^
I have a Urusei Yatsura manga.. in my car.. somewhere. I'll see if I can find it. :-P

Kumi-chan
10-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Yeah...now if only we had a Mendou. That would be awesome.
I was just thinking of that one episode...where Ataru splits into two Atarus. We'd just need one to have the little tweaky thing going on over his head. Maybe sometime in the future!

StrawberryLum
10-13-2007, 05:07 PM
That would be awesome.
I was trying to find a Mendou and in fact was going to get my sister to crossplay him for me but for some reason she isn't responding to my messages. ¬_¬
Oh, and about your cosworx order, Kumi, did you end up getting a confirmation email from them? I'm just wondering if they just don't send them out in the busy season even though their section says they do or if something else is wrong.

SvK
10-13-2007, 07:22 PM
There are restrooms for major costume changes. I'd suggest wearing your shoes or flip-flops while you do, though, and keep your clothes/costumes hanging on the door or in a box or bag. The floor's a little iffy (public restroom in a public park, after all).

Never fear! I have a portable coat hook and garbage bags that can be used as temporary floor mats.

StrawberryLum
10-13-2007, 11:33 PM
Never fear! I have a portable coat hook and garbage bags that can be used as temporary floor mats.

I'm so jealous. I've always wanted those coat rack things. Where'd you pick yours up at?

SvK
10-14-2007, 12:23 AM
It's not really a coat hook. It's a wreath hanger. You can still hang coats (and other clothes) on it. I checked. I bought mine at JoAnn's. It will be available for borrowing tomorrow unless I am using it at the time, which should only happen once.

keropan
10-14-2007, 12:34 AM
Does anyone know if the public bathrooms have regular-sized mirrors? (Actually, come to think of it, that's a dumb question. It's a public park after all....)
I'm planning to put my wig on when I get there, and my car is a dinky little early 90s Toyota, so not much space, etc going for me there. ¦D;;

Hurray for nice weather! :] It might be a little foggy, since it was foggy this morning - but perhaps that would provide some interesting shots? Also, I don't think I can stay out too long, probably 1-2 hours since I neglected the homework today. Ohohoho ♥

Kumi-chan
10-14-2007, 01:35 AM
Yeah, they sent me a confirmation, I think the day after I ordered to let me know it had shipped out. Maybe they are just busy.

I've got a couple of those over-the-door hangers, I can bring them with me. Also, since the mirrors in the bathrooms are completely useless (they're so scratched up and dull you can barely tell if you are reflected in them) I'm bringing my full-length mirror for costume checks. I'd also suggest bringing a small mirror, either a compact or a small tabletop style, to do wig and makeup checks on yourself so you don't have to wait on the big one.

I've got a coat stand which would be great for hanging costumes on, but since I turned it into a duct-tape dummy, it takes up a lot of room in the car. And I'm already bringing my bike.

Hitokiri Kenshin
10-14-2007, 02:56 AM
Seems I've misplaced or accidentally thrown away my Kenshin wig. So unless I can stop by Costume & Display before heading over there, no Kenshin.

keropan
10-14-2007, 03:10 AM
Sorry for the repetitive questions, this is what happens when you skim through 13 pages of the thread. Thanks for bearing with me. ^^;;

Great advice, Kumi-chan! *notes* I always end up running around before going to a con shoot or whatever, making sure I have what I need with me. I should make a list, actually.

Anyway, I don't think this will put a hamper on anyone's plans but I think I might be coming a little late. ~12:30-1-ish? Hope I can easily find you guys when I get there. Common sense is telling me "DUH" buuuut yeah. XD

Kumi-chan
10-14-2007, 03:33 AM
Since there's gonna be over fifty of us, most in brightly colored costumes, I doubt you'll have a hard time locating us. Just a hunch. ^_^

Agh! I've got to finish my sewing in the next couple hours! I hate looking like crap in photos, and if I don't get enough sleep, I will. Luckily almost everything's done. Just a little to finish on Al's jacket, it's giving me drama...and I should probably iron Kagome's skirt before I go to sleep, just so it's done. I've got enough to do in the morning if I want to get out of here by ten.

Justke
10-14-2007, 03:50 AM
arrrgh, I hate how I suck at making short sleeves ;____; Roxas' jacket is gonna keep me up all night or something T____T must not give up! *puts fist in the air*

StrawberryLum
10-14-2007, 05:41 AM
See, I would be able to fly thru what's left of costume bits but my darn stitches keep hitting the machine, doesn't really hurt, just makes me cringe. Which reminds me. The bandage for the stitches came off and they do look quite gruesome (according to the three people who've seen them thus far) I was just wondering, is there anyone a bit squemish? I don't want someone freaking out because of my injury. >_^
Funny thing is, it doesn't hurt me at all, it has that recently bumped feeling, if that makes any sense (throbbing but no pain I guess is a better way of putting it) and I actually think they look pretty nifty, I'm also a weirdo, so, ya know.
I'm so happy though, I was able to find ear tips for Pink!Lum, borrow a fake skull from the boyfriend and found a pretty decent wig for Yura... now if only I could get around to making her costume. :-P

Arissa-chan
10-14-2007, 11:02 AM
See, I would be able to fly thru what's left of costume bits but my darn stitches keep hitting the machine, doesn't really hurt, just makes me cringe. Which reminds me. The bandage for the stitches came off and they do look quite gruesome (according to the three people who've seen them thus far) I was just wondering, is there anyone a bit squemish? I don't want someone freaking out because of my injury. >_^
Funny thing is, it doesn't hurt me at all, it has that recently bumped feeling, if that makes any sense (throbbing but no pain I guess is a better way of putting it) and I actually think they look pretty nifty, I'm also a weirdo, so, ya know.
I'm so happy though, I was able to find ear tips for Pink!Lum, borrow a fake skull from the boyfriend and found a pretty decent wig for Yura... now if only I could get around to making her costume. :-P

Hai, squeamish I be. So, are we still bringing umbrellas? I have my costume's stashed away and I kinda (my hair is long and I gots it colored darker yesterday, be prepared to drool, lol) look like a crossplay Kyo :-P! If worse comes to worse, those can be my first pictures! I have Sophia and Kyoko stashed away in my Miso Pretty bag with the Jelly Straws and scissors in the front pocket! I can't wait to meet you guys! I'm so excited! I'll be able to find friends at Sakura Con! (I hope to make friends, I really don't have any left >.>)

Kumi-chan
10-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Yes, even with the lovely weather, the theme remains the same. So if you've got an umbrella that goes with your cosplay, go ahead and bring it.

How is everyone this morning? I've discovered that the trim from my Alphonse cosplay went missing somewhere...and I bought stuff to replace the first batch which is somewhere in my storage unit...so I can't wear it today. Which sucks, but luckily my others are ready to go. I think I'll bring Shampoo as well as Ranma if I can find all the pieces in my storage unit, so I still have three cosplays. I'll just wear Al next month.

Weather looks gorgeous. See everyone there!

Hitokiri Kenshin
10-14-2007, 11:51 AM
Will be stopping by Display & Costume before getting there to pick up a new Kenshin wig, so I'll still have the three costumes.

StrawberryLum
10-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Sorry I had to leave early, due to some drama I didn't feel comfortable there anymore. Hopefully it'll go better (for me anyway >_^) next shoot.

Arissa-chan
10-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Ah, drama. I can't wait for the next shoot, though! I can't wait to see how the monkey boy pictures turned out...lol. And the rest of the pictures. What did I miss? Sorry for ducking out early, teh monkey boy wanted to leave. I had a lot of fun, though. So, how are we going to decide on the location for the next photoshoot? I'm gonna have a lot of fun with the theme! I'm glad I also got to meet most of you! Boy, I talk a lot...just don't think of me as annoying! I try not to be!

StrawberryLum
10-14-2007, 08:26 PM
Can I place a vote for somewhere closer to Tacoma? :-P Me no likey Seattle's one way streets. (It took me like an extra half an hour to find Southbound I-5 because I took one wrong turn then couldn't turn around so easily because of all the weird streets)

Hitokiri Kenshin
10-14-2007, 08:49 PM
Tacoma and Pierce County's a little far for me. Due to being late, got all my pics I took up now:

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=93110&member=41105

rockthedojo
10-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Yay thanks for pictures... I wouldn't mind doing a shoot in lynnwood or stanwood actually I usta drive up there all the time. Theres tons of beautiful parks up there Im sure Kumi-chan or Kenshi could find something for a shoot >.< If not Im still shooting for the 1st annual rollerdeath cosplay tournament...

ShinWHO
10-14-2007, 09:56 PM
I was supposed to be practicing Arcana Heart this weekend, but since the import shop failed to deliver, again, I headed out to the park...
I'm impressed by how many people showed up. I'm even more impressed by the acceptance and positive comments I heard from the commoners as I made a few laps around the place. Quotes of mention:
"Wow, that's cool that they can get people together like this." Two guys walking up the hill in the southwest area of the park.
"I need more hair!" You wouldn't believe how ironic and funny I found this.
"Man, I gotta get a picture with one of them" Skater kid sitting fairly close to the above-mentioned person.
Oh, and if you were wearing a Kanon school uniform (at least that's what I think it was) and being escorted by two buff dudes, you were standing 20 feet away from me at one point.

3-tan
10-14-2007, 10:11 PM
I was the one in the Kanon costume... don't know who the buff guys were, though. I was with a couple guys, but they aren't exactly buff.

Justke
10-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the pictures :D Ahahaha, that was a fun day. Thanks for putting this together!! I'm glad I could bring my Roxas costume, even though I couldn't add the checkered pattern because it wouldn't have dried in time that I had to leave for the shoot... *will add the checkered pattern to her Roxas jacket later*

I'm glad I could see people I knew again, and get to know others =D

feyith
10-14-2007, 10:51 PM
Hey, it was nice to finally meet everyone! Thank you, Kumi-chan and company for organizing it and to the photographers who brought cool toys for us to play with and took our pictures. I can't wait to see how it all turned out!

Was it Arissa-chan who gave me a big hug when I showed up? I'm bummed that you had to go and we didn't get a chance to chat or get any photo ops together. Next time! *Shakes fist.* :)

BTW, the little care pack from Turk Coffee Cosplay is awesome! :D

silentjoshua
10-14-2007, 11:01 PM
Hey everyone, it's the guy with the feathers.

Here's my photos. =) I hope you like them. =)

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g56/silentjoshua/Gasukan/

Arissa-chan
10-14-2007, 11:40 PM
Hey, it was nice to finally meet everyone! Thank you, Kumi-chan and company for organizing it and to the photographers who brought cool toys for us to play with and took our pictures. I can't wait to see how it all turned out!

Was it Arissa-chan who gave me a big hug when I showed up? I'm bummed that you had to go and we didn't get a chance to chat or get any photo ops together. Next time! *Shakes fist.* :)

BTW, the little care pack from Turk Coffee Cosplay is awesome! :D

Hai, that was me! ^^ Sorry if the conversation was really awkward, I'm horrible at making conversation sometimes ^^;. Yes, we shall get wonderful photos together in November! I will be in my Kyoko cosplay (once again) since it will fit the theme, and maybe snag a Bleach costume from the boyfriend (the monkey boy in the photos to come, he was with me in the parking lot.) Yes, I love the turk coffe cosplay pack. Cute, and I have more gil! >=D Soon I shall be rich!

There's beautiful parks in Redmond...Stanwood is quite a stretch from down south here in the Maple Valley area....

keropan
10-15-2007, 01:31 AM
I'm impressed by how many people showed up. I'm even more impressed by the acceptance and positive comments I heard from the commoners as I made a few laps around the place.

quotes go here!

Really?! That's awesome! I got stopped by a nice couple who was asking about what was going on. I think a lot of people assumed that it was a Halloween get-together of some sort. That reminds me of a little project I did with my friends for a sociology class, where I had to stalk them for the day in their cosplay outfits, and note various comments/reactions.

Anyway, tangent...

I had fun :) I was the Shippuuden Naruto (the black and orange girl... guy... um?); sorry I didn't mingle or talk too much. I'm getting a cold so I wasn't feeling all that social ^o^;; but yeah, it was good times! I'm especially grateful for the wonderful weather we had.

ultimaaa
10-15-2007, 03:19 AM
I had a great time today, and it was great meeting people. I was Mukuro from Katekyo Hitman REBORN! (no one knows who I am~ XD). Anyways, it was awesome hanging out and stuff, I really can't wait until next month. I didn't take any pictures though, since I was a dolt and forgot I had my camera. D: Oh well~. And yeah, I'm glad it was sunny out. But at the same time, not so much since I was really hot in my outfit. XD It makes me look forward to the inevitable rain we'll be getting in November.

Darkain
10-15-2007, 04:14 AM
"Teaser Tuesdays" a day early? Yup, apparently so!

For those of you that don't know... I was the guy cosplaying as "Darkain"... erm... ya'know... that guy... who walks around... with a camera... and... uhhh... does stuff with it? And well, it usually takes me about a week or two to sort thru all my pics. I also usually take the day after a con off from doing ANYTHING, so I don't actually get to work until Tuesday. During this first day of processing pics, I usually put up a couple teaser pics, just case I can. Why should I make things any different for the great Gasukan? :D

http://gallery.darkain.com/v/Misc/Gasukan-Teaser.jpg.html

I hope you all enjoyed today's event. Lets hope the next one will be even BETTER!!!

Justke
10-15-2007, 05:17 PM
I had a great time today, and it was great meeting people. I was Mukuro from Katekyo Hitman REBORN! (no one knows who I am~ XD). Anyways, it was awesome hanging out and stuff, I really can't wait until next month. I didn't take any pictures though, since I was a dolt and forgot I had my camera. D: Oh well~. And yeah, I'm glad it was sunny out. But at the same time, not so much since I was really hot in my outfit. XD It makes me look forward to the inevitable rain we'll be getting in November.

>:o omg I can't believe I didn't recognize your Mukuro!!! I was trying to figure out who you were cosplaying, but I thought it'd be rude if I asked ;____; I'm just getting into Katekyo Hitman REBORN! so I can't recognize the characters just yet...;____; but I really liked your wig + contacts!!! I'm going to cosplay REBORN! after this upcoming Sakuracon, hehe.

Rikkizilla
10-15-2007, 05:34 PM
OMG! My friend and I loved you! :3! Your costume is amazing @_@

This was so much fun though, it's not very often we get to do something like this and it's always nice to meet new people and see friends from other cons. I'm already anxious for November, I can't wait!!!

Darkain
10-15-2007, 09:11 PM
Darkain sez: FO-TOz!!!

http://gallery.darkain.com/v/conventions/Gasukan1/

Arissa-chan
10-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Darkain sez: FO-TOz!!!

http://gallery.darkain.com/v/conventions/Gasukan1/

SWEET!

...I wish I didn't leave early...I missed good photo ops =(...next month, then!

feyith
10-15-2007, 09:24 PM
Wow, those are some great pictures, Darkain!

Hahahahaha! (http://gallery.darkain.com/v/conventions/Gasukan1/GK1-098.jpg.html)

These are all kinds of awesome:
http://gallery.darkain.com/v/conventions/Gasukan1/GK1-072.jpg.html
http://gallery.darkain.com/v/conventions/Gasukan1/GK1-035.jpg.html

Airika
10-16-2007, 02:00 AM
Gasukan was so much fun! ^_^
I had an amazing time with all you cosplayers, again, forgive me for always being epic-ly fail-ful of not recognizing familiar faces >.<

Nnnn, I cosplayed Sasuke, that one that was more out of character then any Sasuke probably could ever be. Can't help it lol.
Thanks Darkain for catching those really random shots of me ^_^ and the good ones too XD
Yay for Haruhi dancing >3

rockthedojo
10-16-2007, 05:15 AM
I hope everyone had a good time! If you took photos at the meet up, please post a link to your gallery and I will put it here in the head post. Also, if you have any suggestions for our next location, let me know. Date is yet to be determined, though probably the second (10th/11th) or third (17th/18th) weekend of November.

I vote 3rd weekend 17/18 ... cause I get back home the 10th =o/ so If you have it the second weekend 10/11 Ill probably have to miss buut if you wait til the 17/18 =oD Ill have my Inuyama(Air Gear) costume finished >.<

I know Im being selfish but theres also legitiment reasons to wait for the 17/18 =oD

StrawberryLum
10-16-2007, 05:22 AM
Well I would love it to be as soon as possible, I actually had a lot of fun, but the third weekend would give everyone more time to work on costume stuffage.
As for places to have the shoot we'd have to decide what city would be more convinent for people. I'd prefer somewhere closer to me but I know the Tacoma area might be too far for some. Maybe somewhere in SeaTac, Renton, or somewhere like that? That way it's closer for those in the Tacoma area but also not too bad of a drive for those in Seattle.

SvK
10-16-2007, 06:34 AM
http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i39/q3rocketlauncher/Gasukan/
Here are my photos.

feyith
10-16-2007, 01:03 PM
Sweet! :)

This is the awesomest thing ever. I can't believe I missed it. (http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i39/q3rocketlauncher/Gasukan/DSCN1876.jpg)

Smidge
10-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Anyone get pics of us climbing the pole thingie? I want photographic proof of Monkey Boy royally owning me at climbing. (was Tintin) XD

Kumi-chan
10-16-2007, 08:56 PM
Photos are posted, 118 of them. I've labeled the ones I can remember the names of. Just PM me with the photo and the character name if I didn't get to you.

Gallery: http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w212/Midori_no_Kumiko/Gasukan%201%20%20-%20October/

rockthedojo
10-16-2007, 09:18 PM
This is the funniest cosplay ever! (http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w212/Midori_no_Kumiko/Gasukan%201%20%20-%20October/IMG_0169.jpg) I mean he even looks like a real baby >.<

Ichigo=15
10-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Had a great time at the photoshoot. I just got my hair done the day before for my Bankai Ichigo cosplay. Here are the pictures I managed to take.

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=93283&member=69954

Can't wait for the next one.

StrawberryLum
10-16-2007, 09:38 PM
You take such good photos Kumi! I can't wait till the next shoot. This time I'm giving myself more time to fix my costumes and such. ^_^

Kumi-chan
10-16-2007, 09:50 PM
@StrawberryLum: Thanks. I think the camera has a lot to do with it...and the really cool backgrounds.
Which costumes are you thinking of for next time? I think I've picked mine, which means that I should be able to finish them on time, theoretically. I don't have to buy new fabric for any of them thankfully, though one may require a new wig. At least that costume (Anna from Shaman King) is entirely finished.

I kind of wish we could find a location that was near a graveyard or something similarly spooky for next time. But I wouldn't want to limit it to that interpretation of "crossing over", since not everyone is going to go that way.

StrawberryLum
10-16-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm going to fix up my Shinobu costume, I'm going to hope I get my wig so you and I can at least do a couple of "mirror" Lums (the idea is stuck in my head and must be completed. >_^), probably Yura as I already am like half way done with it, and then I really want to get Misa Amane done in time as, at least to me, makes me think of the theme "Crossing Over". We could always find a Cemetary that's near a bridge, that way there can be like three kinds of crossing over being done.

Arissa-chan
10-16-2007, 10:06 PM
We needs to find a good indoors place since it will be November...and I can't imagine what to do/where to go in December! >.>

Public and indoors... where is the middle ground for us around here, anywho?

StrawberryLum
10-16-2007, 10:14 PM
Well.. if we found a cemetary with a museleum.. lol
(forgive me if I spelled that wrong.. I'm being lazy and not double checking)

Arissa-chan
10-16-2007, 10:17 PM
Well.. if we found a cemetary with a museleum.. lol
(forgive me if I spelled that wrong.. I'm being lazy and not double checking)

S'alright...hmm...I shall look up cemetaries...yes...and post progress...

Kumi-chan
10-16-2007, 10:20 PM
There's just a couple issues (and I know I said graveyard, but that's what I'd like to do.) Number one, issues of respect for the dead. I'm not sure how many cemetaries allow photography, since you're essentially reducing people's relatives to scenery. Number two, the fact that we'd be outdoors and it'll be mid-November. Cold. And wet.

Maybe if we could find an old church that would allow photography? Or someplace with a gothic feel to it. An old house, with gardens, or something like the haunted school building (think that's what it is) they're using for the Sakura Con Halloween party. Though that would probably entail renting the place, not sure how we'd feel about that.

I think I might make Anna's winter dress. It's not much different, just has a turtleneck, but I could probably use a warmer knit fabric. One of the other characters I'm thinking of doing is just a crossplay, Ryoga from Ranma 1/2, and his outfit is plenty warm.
And to go with Yura...maybe Kagome's outfit from her episode? Green cardigan, white blouse, blue skirt. It's a fairly warm outfit, really easy to make, and I've always really liked it. I could probably use Akane's school blouse, and just make the cardigan out of polarfleece. Nice and cozy.

Arissa-chan
10-16-2007, 10:26 PM
There's just a couple issues (and I know I said graveyard, but that's what I'd like to do.) Number one, issues of respect for the dead. I'm not sure how many cemetaries allow photography, since you're essentially reducing people's relatives to scenery. Number two, the fact that we'd be outdoors and it'll be mid-November. Cold. And wet.

Maybe if we could find an old church that would allow photography? Or someplace with a gothic feel to it. An old house, with gardens, or something like the haunted school building (think that's what it is) they're using for the Sakura Con Halloween party. Though that would probably entail renting the place, not sure how we'd feel about that.

I think I might make Anna's winter dress. It's not much different, just has a turtleneck, but I could probably use a warmer knit fabric. One of the other characters I'm thinking of doing is just a crossplay, Ryoga from Ranma 1/2, and his outfit is plenty warm.
And to go with Yura...maybe Kagome's outfit from her episode? Green cardigan, white blouse, blue skirt. It's a fairly warm outfit, really easy to make, and I've always really liked it. I could probably use Akane's school blouse, and just make the cardigan out of polarfleece. Nice and cozy.

Greenwood cemetary with the resting place of Jimi Hendrix. The most I'm seeing are memoiral parks in bellevue and shtuff...I will look for public indoorsy places too with gothic feels to them...with out plagueing my computer with more adware...>.>

StrawberryLum
10-16-2007, 10:31 PM
There's Vistation Catholic School. (I went there, I was a catholic school girl, >_<) It has a really pretty feel to it and I could always ask for permission to photogragh there during off time.
Then there's Sacred Heart (my dad janitored there and was a youth minister, so they know me there too) but again, I'd have to ask.
I have used cemetaries for photoshoots, just stayed off the top of graves (not because I was told to by the groundskeeper I always just assumed you should not stop on people even they're 6 feet under. ^_^) So I'm pretty sure it's allowed as long as you're not hype and running and skipping over graves.
There's always Meeker Mansion.

SvK
10-16-2007, 10:42 PM
Smidge, I hereby dub you "TwinTin" and demand that you post the "dueling feet" picture.

Omega Corn
10-16-2007, 11:11 PM
'Twas fun meeting old and greeting new.
Thanks for the organizery, Kumi.
:crest:

Arissa-chan
10-16-2007, 11:15 PM
I'm so happy I can place forum names to faces!!! May I add people to my buddy list?

StrawberryLum
10-16-2007, 11:18 PM
If I'm one of the people you mean, Arissa-chan, sure!

Arissa-chan
10-16-2007, 11:37 PM
If I'm one of the people you mean, Arissa-chan, sure!

Yay! ^^

Although I do feel bad, I feel like I didn't treat you very well at the photoshoot. Sorry if teh monkey boy seemed mean, too, if you are who I think you are and I'm pretty sure I'm right.

StrawberryLum
10-16-2007, 11:41 PM
You were perfectly fine, I was mainly worried about talking with you too much because of my hand, I talk a lot with my hands and so I was worried you'd see my stitches. >_^
And it was the reason I left, I didn't really like him and the other guy seemingly (because for all I know they didn't mean to) mock me. Oh well. I'll make sure to just avoid those sort of situations in the future. ^_^

Arissa-chan
10-17-2007, 12:14 AM
You were perfectly fine, I was mainly worried about talking with you too much because of my hand, I talk a lot with my hands and so I was worried you'd see my stitches. >_^
And it was the reason I left, I didn't really like him and the other guy seemingly (because for all I know they didn't mean to) mock me. Oh well. I'll make sure to just avoid those sort of situations in the future. ^_^

Don't take it the wrong way, he wasn't meaning to mock you at all. He's really a great guy, he was really trying to encourage you to get out there and socialize, really. (like I should've done. I'm horrible around people I don't know, it sux being shy -.-; But, hey, we can hang out together next time :bigtu: ). I do think it was really unfair for him to ask why you weren't with teh rest, since all four of us were over there away from the crowd.

I don't mind when people gesture when they talk, I didn't even notice the stitches. ^^

Kumi-chan
10-17-2007, 12:22 AM
I was a little worried when you disappeared on us, StrawberryLum. I thought you'd just gone to change your outfit and then I never saw you again! I guess I was a little out of the loop. Staying up late can do that to me.

As long as they'd be okay with it, a Catholic school sounds great for photos. Nice and indoorsy. I imagine long, dark hallways would be great for a spooky effect. And school grounds, especially surrounding an older building, should have some nice landscaping.

Arissa-chan
10-17-2007, 12:26 AM
I was a little worried when you disappeared on us, StrawberryLum. I thought you'd just gone to change your outfit and then I never saw you again! I guess I was a little out of the loop. Staying up late can do that to me.

As long as they'd be okay with it, a Catholic school sounds great for photos. Nice and indoorsy. I imagine long, dark hallways would be great for a spooky effect. And school grounds, especially surrounding an older building, should have some nice landscaping.

I found a grave site and a haunted house, but since I believe in ghosts (bite me if you don't like it), I decided against giving more details, and the stories I read creeped me out (I'll have trouble sleeping tonight, darn it! yes, I'm a scaredy cat!). :thumbsup: But I love the Catholic school idea.

rockthedojo
10-17-2007, 12:31 AM
Which costumes are you thinking of for next time? I think I've picked mine, which means that I should be able to finish them on time, theoretically. I don't have to buy new fabric for any of them thankfully, though one may require a new wig. At least that costume (Anna from Shaman King) is entirely finished.

I already said it but here we go again >.< Im putting together Inuyama(Air Gear) the lupin hair sporting elvis re-enacting leader of the Rez-Boa-Dogs.

So there was drama at the shoot >.< How sad that a group so small can still manage to stir up drama =o/ I dunno what happened but I doubt it was intentionally hateful... My best advice is let it slide >.< Cosplay cliques are too small for drama to be being slung around.

As far as da location I still say you should look for a Park with a beach... That we can can pose on coral and rocks on the water =oD That shows off the beauty of Seattle other cosplay groups can't do that =oP I know of a couple of good ones but Im not around to scout sorry.

StrawberryLum
10-17-2007, 12:40 AM
I'm not really bugged by it. I had just had like 3 hours of sleep and had a very short temper and thought it best to just go before I like snapped, because, as you said, he was probably just curious. (by the way, the reason I was sitting away from the crowd was because I had been standing for a few hours and feet were starting to hate me, dang heels. >_^)
It's fine though, I'll make sure to sleep more.
I shall go talk to the school this Friday and let you all know. Do keep in mind it is in Tacoma. I'll see if I can find some pictures so you all can see what it looks like. (of both Sacred Heart, which is a closed down catholic school from the 80's which may be even better then Vistation, and then of course, Vistation)

StrawberryLum
10-17-2007, 12:41 AM
I already said it but here we go again >.< Im putting together Inuyama(Air Gear) the lupin hair sporting elvis re-enacting leader of the Rez-Boa-Dogs.

So there was drama at the shoot >.< How sad that a group so small can still manage to stir up drama =o/ I dunno what happened but I doubt it was intentionally hateful... My best advice is let it slide >.< Cosplay cliques are too small for drama to be being slung around.

As far as da location I still say you should look for a Park with a beach... That we can can pose on coral and rocks on the water =oD That shows off the beauty of Seattle other cosplay groups can't do that =oP I know of a couple of good ones but Im not around to scout sorry.

It was lack of sleep drama, it doesn't count.
And beaches tend to be a bad idea in th fall/winter months. We'd rather not die of hypothermia. :crylaugh:

Arissa-chan
10-17-2007, 12:42 AM
I'm not really bugged by it. I had just had like 3 hours of sleep and had a very short temper and thought it best to just go before I like snapped, because, as you said, he was probably just curious. (by the way, the reason I was sitting away from the crowd was because I had been standing for a few hours and feet were starting to hate me, dang heels. >_^)
It's fine though, I'll make sure to sleep more.
I shall go talk to the school this Friday and let you all know. Do keep in mind it is in Tacoma. I'll see if I can find some pictures so you all can see what it looks like. (of both Sacred Heart, which is a closed down catholic school from the 80's which may be even better then Vistation, and then of course, Vistation)

Sacred Heart? Reminds me of Scrubs...=P

StrawberryLum
10-17-2007, 01:02 AM
I know what you mean! ^_^
But it's a really cool place. I shot them an email, let's hope they actually check it.
And dun be afraid of haunted places. I believe ghosts as well but if you believe they can't really hurt you then they won't and you'll be fine. I wish we all lived in California. I would so reccomend the weird Winchester House. That place is awesome.

Arissa-chan
10-17-2007, 01:11 AM
I know what you mean! ^_^
But it's a really cool place. I shot them an email, let's hope they actually check it.
And dun be afraid of haunted places. I believe ghosts as well but if you believe they can't really hurt you then they won't and you'll be fine. I wish we all lived in California. I would so reccomend the weird Winchester House. That place is awesome.

That is my dream place to go check out and take pictures one of these days. My mom went there, actually got a picture of Winchester's ghost, got touched on the shoulder when no one was around, that spooky stuff.

keropan
10-17-2007, 01:34 AM
That is my dream place to go check out and take pictures one of these days. My mom went there, actually got a picture of Winchester's ghost, got touched on the shoulder when no one was around, that spooky stuff.

;__; Count me in as one of those believers. Sometimes I watch those shows about ghosts on cable (like "A Haunting") - even though they're only reenactments, I always have to cover my eyes at the spooky parts, lol. *shivers*

I also got a bit paranoid when I was down in Long Beach for AX - *shakes fist at the Queen Mary*

I think that would be a lovely idea, but not for this time of the year. Maybe spring or summer?
(...Do we even have coral in Washington? lol)

Ohhh, awesome pictures so far! I hope you don't mind if I snag some. With credit, of course! :)

And I keep forgetting to thank Kumi-chan for being a lovely hostess, and also coming up with this idea. XD

StrawberryLum
10-17-2007, 01:35 AM
I went when I was like.. 3. So I don't remember it. One of these days, when we all stop being poor, I'd so say we trek down there. Of course when a con is going on as there are a few I'd like to see in California and it would be fun to go as a group and such.

Oh, and here are all 5 of the pictures I took.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v337/witchgirl69/cosplay/gasukan07/
Nothing special (I was, oddly enough, more in a 'Be in the picture' then 'Take the picture' type mood. Very rare for me)
I'll make sure to take more next time.

3-tan
10-17-2007, 02:10 AM
Hey everyone - Kanon girl (aka. That Girl In The Red Dress) here! I had a great time, even though I came to the thing on a total whim and had no idea about the theme. Duo and I are definitely planning to come to the next photoshoot, and I'm pretty sure The Count is interested in coming too.

I'm going to be stealing a couple of pictures (is it stealing if you give credit?) to use... I'm assuming that's okay. (I'm newish to the cosplay scene, so I have no real idea what the etiquette around using people's photos are.)