PDA

View Full Version : Metrocon July 18-20th 08

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Princess_Moon
09-28-2007, 11:12 PM
METROCON - YEAR 6
Florida's Largest Anime Convention
July 18-20, 2008 Tampa, Florida! they have accounced the dates.

hey guys i know its way early to be talking about this but check out the new updates on their website.

TheMask3dPenguin
09-29-2007, 11:51 PM
It's never too early to be talking about the next Metrocon! XD

Solo
10-02-2007, 07:14 PM
Never. I'll be wearing Yui from Fushigi Yugi agian ^_^, other than that I'm not sure of the costume line up. Anyone else interested in a FY group for 2008?

SiriusLoveGirl
10-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Never, ever to early. Man, I cannot wait for it! I wanna know what next year's AHCM theme is.

Leenus
10-08-2007, 05:12 AM
NEver never to early I can't wait for all the planning to begin.

Kitsune
10-08-2007, 07:57 AM
Dude. We were talking about the next Metrocon during LAST Metrocon.

HOLY CRAP EVERYONE I KNOW STOP MAKING PANELS THAT I FEEL THE NEED TO BE IN.

That is all. I'm going to go die in a corner with all the panel work I have stacking up. But I love it so freaking much.

And I'd tell the theme if I thought it appropriate. We were told at the extended Metro closing ceremonies, along with an ending video that should be online soon as well, and we were again told at the Necronomicon Metrocon panel, where we also learned a good twenty to twenty-five characters that'll be on the board. BUT. The site should be updating within a week or so, so just hold tight. =)

Soliel_Hime
10-08-2007, 02:16 PM
I'll be there. I had a blast last year. I'll be cosplaying Rukia and Tenten.

Kitsune
10-12-2007, 01:50 PM
All right, question time! Yes, I know it's freaking early, but bear with me.

I am thinking of holding Whose Line auditions before the actual convention. We always get wonderful people each year... but no matter how amazing they are, the show is always missing something. That something is chemistry. Chemistry is what kept the actual show running for as many seasons as it did, and I really, really want that. Especially for a super-awesome secret I'm holding back until more Metrocon information goes up. I'm going to be posting something similar to this over at the AM forums, but I know there are a lot of people here that don't visit those forums, and I want feedback from everyone.

Should I go ahead with this? It will be difficult to schedule in, especially if I get into chess match and/or masquerade for my third year, but I think it would really improve the show. I am pretty sure I will only have a single team of four this year, making the selection process even more difficult. Having an audience vote by applause and announcing decisions on the spot have always given me and my staff a headache, because we always seem to turn away a handful of wonderful people that I would rather see on cast. Also, if the team is picked ahead of time, I would host... somewhere... at least one meeting for everyone to get to know each other.

Now, this latter piece is what I really, really want out of my team this year. I know I could probably, maybe get away with it at the con - have the final team disappear after the panel and hang out with one another. The problem is I'd like to get to know them, too, but Metrocon leaves me with little free time, so I could probably only manage an hour either directly after auditions in the middle of the afternoon or late after the masquerade... and that would mean my team missing the rave or dance or whatever comes after masquerade this year.

So, I will stop rambling know that I've said gods-awful amounts of crap. This especially goes out to anyone who is actually aiming to be in the Whose Line panel, but also to anyone who enjoyed the informality and ULTIMATE POWER that came with a panel just for auditions.

So. Uhm. Comments? =D

NiGHTmaren
10-12-2007, 02:54 PM
I can't wait! I'll be there all three days as usual, I'm going to be cosplaying as Sailor Chibimoon, and doing a secret costume with a friend and my boyfriend for the costume contest. Other than that, probably re-wearing a few things. I'm already working on Metro stuff, actually! It's never too early to start on things!

Brio
10-12-2007, 09:35 PM
Ah...Metrocon.

I already know my cosplay lineup. I think. Wingless Kero for part of Friday, Rosette Saturday, and sunday, street clothes. *nods* I'm keeping it reallly simple. So I can work on my 'new beast' for later cons.

ChibiKitsune, I really like your idea of having pre-con auditions. I wasn't able to acctually see the anime whose line is it anyway, but I have been in that kind of thing as an on the spot participation. It's hard to 'joke around' with people when you don't know how far you can push it before someone takes offense.

I can't wait for Metro 08 either.I think i've managed to memorize the newtype bit by now with how often I check the site *along with every other FL con site XD, but yeah* Ah...I want a time machine...T.T

Lucifer
10-12-2007, 10:52 PM
I'm passing on Metrocon 6, as I live in Orlando now and rather not spend so much on the hotel (assuming its the same one from last year).

Kitsune
10-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Yeah, I've found that too, Brio. It's like... the people we get are better every year, but there's just so much more to do when you know your group better. And I could banter more with people I know. >D

And since my spunky and outspoken right-or-left-hand-man (we haven't figured out which he is yet) has still not made a cosplay.com account (the silly, silly boy), I am forced to relay his AM message over here for his.

And we're BACK! No commercial break could keep us away. Not even infomercials can stop the hilarity!

You guys probably show up just for the bubblewrap anyway.

For those of you who have no idea who I am (which is understandable, I'm not the one who does all the talking, I just stand off to the far right (http://www.risingsun.net/albums/metro2007/saturday/source/metro2007-5601.shtml) and laugh at you while wearing a cheese shirt), I'm the game designer guy. And maybe the right-hand-man. I'm partially responsible for you guys making fools of yourselves in front of hundreds of people. The rest is all on you though, you guys are crazy.

Games
Whose Line '08 will most likely be sporting an increased roster of improv games, including two and three player games that we haven't really done in the past two years. You might even see some new four player games. But the one addition I'm really looking forward to...

..well, let's just say that I hope you have a nice singing voice.

We'll let you know more as we go, but you can count on things being much improved this year. Except the point system, we're trying our best but they still just don't seem to matter.

Foos
10-16-2007, 12:21 AM
I'm passing on Metrocon 6, as I live in Orlando now and rather not spend so much on the hotel (assuming its the same one from last year).

Ah, yeah. The hotel was quite pricey last year around, especially since we'd been told the skywalk between the hotel and con center was gonna be covered. >.< But considering how expensive rooms are for Megacon and AFO for FAR less spacious, kinda cheap hotel room and consistent billing problems, I figure I'll manage in Tampa (though I do love those I-drive hotel's close proximity to Howl at the Moon!).

NiGHTmaren
10-16-2007, 08:50 AM
I ended up rooming at a hotel several blocks away last year. It wasn't too bad making the trek back and forth though, and we saved a bit of money, so it was worth it. Also, it was very quiet at that hotel, so definately a good decision in the long run!

Sloth Elric
10-22-2007, 02:11 AM
Thankfully, I live thirty minutes from Tampa, which makes just staying at home and driving myself there very easy. :3 I have a friend that will be coming all the way from Canada just to attend next year's Metrocon with me, which makes things extra fun.

I've even already begun planning cosplay! It may be crazy, but I want to plan a BLEACH photoshoot to happen. I happened to go to one at NDK '07 and, oh lkasjdflj, are they so much fun. This needs to happen at Metrocon '08! This year I happened to be Hueco Mundo!Aizen Sousuke. Next year, I'll be Szayel Aporro Grantz and maybe Grimmjow Jaggerjack. We shall see~

missind33
10-22-2007, 05:41 PM
The last Metrocon was the first convention I went to, but I didn't cosplay. This year though, I am going to cosplay. Whatever cosplays I get done I am totally wearing to Metrocon. (I live 45 minutes away, and this is the closest convention in my area). I am so excited about the next Metrocon!

NecroticNymph
10-23-2007, 06:27 PM
I'll be there, as always ^^ Hopefully I won't break my elbow this year X3

Still working out cosplay plans with Black Lily, so not sure yet, but we'll figure it out.

Kitsune
10-24-2007, 02:55 PM
Character list is up for this year's chess match auditions! This year is wrapping up the first saga, so it should be pretty damn awesome.

Looks like I may very well be having at-con auditions for Whose Line, but with more strings attached than before - those who audition MUST MUST MUST make it to the actual performance the next day, will not be chosen solely on audience votes, and will have to spend some time with me, the rest of the cast, and my staff on Friday. Hopefully, it'll all go over well.

VampiricMosaic
10-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Me and my group may actually be able to go this year! It all really depends on our money. But we may just pass up AFO for Metro. We havn't been to ether one yet.

NiGHTmaren
10-24-2007, 04:32 PM
In my opinion, Metro is much more fun than AFO, and alot more spacious! So I would recommend Metro, VM.

Chess characters aren't that appealing to me this year which I suppose is a very good thing, since 1)I wasn't intending on trying out and 2) too many costumes to make next year TO try out. x_x

VampiricMosaic
10-24-2007, 05:26 PM
Hime- Thanks! I know a couple of people said the same thing. I think the only real reason I really wanted to go was because I heard the costumes where always amazing. But i've always wanted to go to Metro, so why not? I'll have to talk it out with my friends first of corse.

If we do go, saturday we will be doing a Magic Knight Rayearth group I believe ^.^

Aleera
10-25-2007, 02:23 PM
I will likely be going next year. I waited this long to post, since I'll be moving colleges in FL soon to complete my B.A. degree. It's a big transition.

VampiricMosaic: I agree with Hime on this one. Metrocon is more fun and the costumes are usually the best in FL. Not to mention the convention center is great. But you will need to have access to a car or parent with one for food runs, unless you want to pay lots for con center condoments. And the con hotel is more money, but it is much closer. So do your research. And as I told someone else before in response to a question there are no trains nearby Metrocon, so it's a by car con. 5 hours from where I live, it would be 4-5 for you also (depending on weather etc.).

Hime: The chess cast is interesting, but there aren't as many wow I really want to try out roles as in past years. Yet I see at least 3 characters I like.

SiriusLoveGirl
10-25-2007, 07:16 PM
O_O Vicious. Vicous is in the next chess match, ::explodes:: WOO.

It's been decided that my friends and I will probably cosplay as Hayner Pence and Olette from Kingdom Hearts one day, and Misty, May, and Dawn from Pokemon another day. I can't wait!

VampiricMosaic
10-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the help guys! I talked to my friends about it and they agreed to. Guess we're gonan push for going to Metrocon for the first time in our lives! Yay! Yeah, I would have to ask my mom to take us. Maybe she can just hang with my step dad and do somthing there.
I know the convention center very well because I go there every year for state compition for drama. So I had to live in that vacinity. I'd rather stay at the hotel across from it so my mom wotn freak out when it comes to driving.
Yayness!

Leenus
10-28-2007, 07:08 AM
Wow looking at the line-up for the chess match I just might be trying out for a role.

Foos
10-28-2007, 10:02 AM
VM: The costumes at Metro are just about on par with AFO now, seriously. If not better. Plus, the con hotel is WONDERFUL. There is a huge open space running from the ground to ceiling with all the floors looped around it, so you can play GREAT games of Marco Polo with every floor in the hotel. And the space? Bigger than anything you've been to, I promise. Plus, they have the anime Idol contest, where you submit a recording of yourself singing and try to pass the audition to perform. Since you and your buddies are so musically inclined, I totally recommend it.

OMGOMG. Yes, I used to go to drama state festivals in Tampa too. It's a major part of the appeal (Former member of Troop 0565!)

Also, you should book your rooms as early as possible, because the hotel WILL sell out.

Gah, as for costume plans, no idea.... but I am contemplating Suzaku from Fushigi Yuugi, just because there is massive space XD

VampiricMosaic
10-28-2007, 12:30 PM
OMG, If you do Suzaku! Your gonna make me want to make Hotohori as fast as possibal! And don't make my friends go Suzaku 7, we wanted to do that group in 2009! But if you so I'd just about die!

Thanks so much for the advice all of you! I really appreciate it. I understand, we're going to start planning for 2008 as soon as possibal. It's too bad that we all kind of suck when it comes to money and my mom is currently out of a job. But hopefully the situation will get better.

Me and my friends will defintly want to enter into anime idol....now to find a device to record our voices that we can afford! XD

fadingforest
10-28-2007, 09:20 PM
Metrocon next year is gonna be epic. Checked out the chess roles (am totally psyched about Saya, considering she's the only character that resembles me. -__-) And yes, the costumes are going to be magnificient like usual. XDD I have a friend coming down from Indiana just for Metrocon, because it's the nest con she's ever been to. ^-^

Can't wait!!

orca_sora
10-29-2007, 01:36 PM
I've always heard mixed reviews about Metro. A good friend went year before last and she wasn't impressed at all. I've gone to AFO the past two years and think it's the best, so I'm curious when people claim Metro is better. I asked a family who were in line with me for VA signings at AFO 7, and they said that while they enjoyed Metro as "ok", AFO is better.

Although, a con is a con, so Tampa is close enough to warrant at least a day trip to go out for a day. With all the local cons scheduling their weekends so close together next year, though, I'll have no choice but to make decisions on which cons to go for the whole weekend for and which just for a day. My one complaint about AFO is the con space, so it'll be nice to go to one that has more!

KarasaurusRexxx
10-29-2007, 04:18 PM
I'LL BE GOING THIS YEAR!

My friend who lives in Florida is going with me!

[[I live in Michigan, so we're flying down there for a week!]]

Anywho, i'm cosplaying Uryuu Ishida (3 diff. outfits, hopefully) and my friend is going as Ichigo!

WHEEEEEE!

I can't wait 'til Metro!

VampiricMosaic
10-29-2007, 05:43 PM
Yay! And I also heard the hotel is fun as hell. Hopefully they have breakfast there ^.^

fadingforest
10-29-2007, 09:22 PM
Yes, the official hotel has free breakfast. And it really is a blast. You don't have to look hard for a party and people are amazing and invite whoever. ^-^ If you can afford to get a room at the hotel, I definitely suggest it. Plus, considering it's connected, it makes travel a LOT easier.

MishAndJon
10-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Hope we can get an answer here... We're looking to do a skit at the upcoming Metrocon. To enter, is a prerecorded skit required? Can we use a prerecorded audio?

I've gone to every Metrocon, but have missed the last two years of the skits. So more or less, just wondering.

Aleera
10-31-2007, 10:14 AM
I've always heard mixed reviews about Metro. A good friend went year before last and she wasn't impressed at all. I've gone to AFO the past two years and think it's the best, so I'm curious when people claim Metro is better. I asked a family who were in line with me for VA signings at AFO 7, and they said that while they enjoyed Metro as "ok", AFO is better.

AFO used to be my favorite from 02-06, but last year the hotel screwed up a lot of people's bills. And AFO hasn't changed much, imho. I've never had problems with my Metrocon experience that have ruined the fun. Buy / get a free map of Tampa. I think that's a huge part what makes people hate the experience is getting lost. And Miami parking, that means you will spend time looking for a spot in Tampa, it might even be slightly worse.

@ Vampiric: Convention center is great to look at and explore. PM me how to hook up Windows machine for Idol, Foos was such a huge help this year. And your Mom can talk to mine about the area, if you want a better idea of what to expect. My 2005 bill came to $250 for hotel, which I paid (I forget but parking is $8 a day at least in the hotel bill). I'm sure it's probably more now. Get a map of Tampa near the convention center, since you have to turn quick and it's confusing the first time without one. Your weekend pass is probably another $35 or $45 depending what tier you prepay on.

fadingforest
11-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Hope we can get an answer here... We're looking to do a skit at the upcoming Metrocon. To enter, is a prerecorded skit required? Can we use a prerecorded audio?

I've gone to every Metrocon, but have missed the last two years of the skits. So more or less, just wondering.

No, a prerecorded skit is not needed. What IS needed, however, is to show up at the cosplay contest registration REALLY early and hope you don't get cut off by people ahead of you. I know me and a few friends tried to enter for our third year and didn't get a chance because we got there too late.

Check up on the site. The rules and guidelines should be up.

www.metroconventions.com ... in case anyone needs it. XDD

VampiricMosaic
11-09-2007, 09:16 PM
My friends and I are also thinking of entering the Anime Idol compition. Does anyone have any feedback on how they think that goes? Is it entertaining? ^.^

fadingforest
11-10-2007, 03:48 PM
My friends and I are also thinking of entering the Anime Idol compition. Does anyone have any feedback on how they think that goes? Is it entertaining? ^.^

As someone who has performed in Anime Idol... It's fun. It really is. You just have to get past the LOVELY sound problems and the LOVELY microphones. That and it really favors Jpop as opposed to Jrock. I know, it was three Jrock singers against twelve Jpoppers two years ago. -_- Last year, it was just all Jpop (the one Jrock contestant didn't show up.)

So while it IS a fun experience, and I will probably be entering once again, it's been better in the past. Hopefully this year will go better than last year.

If you want to know about entering, PM me.

MishAndJon
11-15-2007, 04:20 AM
No, a prerecorded skit is not needed. What IS needed, however, is to show up at the cosplay contest registration REALLY early and hope you don't get cut off by people ahead of you. I know me and a few friends tried to enter for our third year and didn't get a chance because we got there too late.

Check up on the site. The rules and guidelines should be up.

www.metroconventions.com ... in case anyone needs it. XDD

Thanks for the heads up. I have done skits before, and I know exactly how the lines are (especially those last minute skits) - I emailed Metrocon about it and they never responded. I started a topic in another forum about the prerecorded audio, and turns out most prefer it that way. Thus I've got about 75% done. Thanks for the response though.

fadingforest
11-18-2007, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I have done skits before, and I know exactly how the lines are (especially those last minute skits) - I emailed Metrocon about it and they never responded. I started a topic in another forum about the prerecorded audio, and turns out most prefer it that way. Thus I've got about 75% done. Thanks for the response though.

The skit that won best humour three years ago was prerecorded audio. As a theatre major irl, though, I know that my friends and I can project. So we usually don't have much of a problem. >.<

Good luck though! GAH! I mean break a leg, break a leg. XDD

Korinchan
11-18-2007, 08:38 PM
I've never been to Metrocon, but it's definately on my list for next year. Hopefully I can make it! I have a feeling I'll be going alone...-_-

VampiricMosaic
11-18-2007, 09:00 PM
So what is everyone's sudgestions on the latest to book a room at Metro's hotel? I would like to have a heads up for me and all my friends when it comes to saving up money and stuff. ^.^
And is pre-registeration really closed? Because if so I'm uber sad and my budget it gonna die! T.T

Aleera
11-20-2007, 03:09 PM
@ VampiricMosaic: That's 2007 prereg dear. 2008 isn't up yet.

http://www.cosplaylab.com/events.asp will have the dates up when it is closer for the different tiers and the Metrocon website also. It will say Tier 1, that's when you want to paypal, if you can afford to in 08. Tier 2 + 3 increase in $5 incremients I believe. Prepaying beats the at the door rate assuming your attending the convention is certain. metroconventions.com is going to be my homepage in early 08 likely.

Hotel:
If you can afford the official it will cut down on your commuting time. My bill for the 2006 official hotel (old) for 2 nights came to $250 after taxes and parking. 2 nights for 2007 would cost more than that. And there are cheaper places to stay nearby, don't hesitate to ask my Mom which areas in Tampa are good on the cheaper end since we have stayed in both and where to eat etc. I would recommend the closer to the hotel cuts down on the time you spend getting to the con at the convention center and finding parking (worse than Miami is how I describe Tampa parking). Parking will also run around 10 a day or less if you are commuting and get a meter. Better to have enough money handy than not, plan what you can best afford. I'm working atm and I should start saving for next year's con season come to think of it.

VampiricMosaic
11-20-2007, 05:01 PM
Thanks alot for the answers Aleera. I need someone toanswer all of my crazy questions! ^.^

SuthrnBelleChan
11-23-2007, 10:51 PM
I'll be going since I live in Tampa now lol, i'm acctually not too far from the con so it'll be easy to drive in. I'm not planning a whole lotta cosplay but i've got one big one planned that i hope I can finish in time. And also much like a ton of other people it seems i'll be trying out for the chess match

sweet_magic
11-25-2007, 09:15 PM
I've never been to Metrocon, but it's definately on my list for next year. Hopefully I can make it! I have a feeling I'll be going alone...-_-

Me too. Not a 100% sure if I'm gonna be able to go, but if I do I'll be by myself most likely. -_-; Hotel price is going to suck unless I'm able to room with someone.

Digitallica
11-25-2007, 10:56 PM
I'm already setting aside the funds for the cosplay project for Metrocon.
I'm gonna need around $2,000 to complete this project.

....Hellloooo overtime! XD

VampiricMosaic
11-26-2007, 03:55 PM
Digi- Yay! It'll be great seeing you again! Wow, $2,000? That's gotta be some crazy outfit! :p

kimiko_yuki
11-26-2007, 04:18 PM
Digitalica -- oohhh... that's got to be some awesome cosplay! can you give us a clue from what anime it is? pretty please ^^,

Digitallica
11-26-2007, 09:14 PM
Digi- Yay! It'll be great seeing you again! Wow, $2,000? That's gotta be some crazy outfit! :p

It'll actually cost around $3-4,000 in total to do it absolutely perfect, and make sure that it's sturdy. I just hope I won't have to pay for it all, since it'll be a group effort.

Digitalica -- oohhh... that's got to be some awesome cosplay! can you give us a clue from what anime it is? pretty please ^^,

It's from Final Fantasy XII. And, it's not an outfit. It's a prop. A prop....that will require a motor, and wheels. -/Hints over.-

missind33
11-26-2007, 09:25 PM
It's from Final Fantasy XII. And, it's not an outfit. It's a prop. A prop....that will require a motor, and wheels. -/Hints over.-

That is so awesome! I am looking foward to seeing it! When I see it I will probably faint from it's coolness!! Good luck, I bet it'll look great!!

Korinchan
11-26-2007, 10:31 PM

Ah! I think I know what you're talking about!!!

kimiko_yuki
11-27-2007, 01:33 AM

I think I know what you're taking about. I was thinking of making *that* and her counterpart for my sister and me after I made Queen Esther but I can't work on it till my brother, who is literally a rocket scientist, gets here. Good luck. Its a tough challenge but definately worth it.

Kitsune
11-27-2007, 06:26 AM
Man, if I knew anything past Shin-Ra when it comes to Final Fantasy, I'd probably have an idea of what this could be. XD Ah well. I'm quite happy with my highest price tag being 600 (freaking 300 dollar contacts). Not to mention I'm having enough trouble deciding how to make Mouse's hair light up and be orange.

Ahh, so many changes for Whose Line! And so many new panels! As it stands, I might be doing upwards of four to five costume changes on Friday. :3 I can't wait! We're hopefully staying over from Thursday night... gotta work on saving up for that.

Two months a two weeks (ish) until chess match and masquerade auditions... I need to get into better shape~!

Aleera
11-27-2007, 08:27 AM
@ Digitallica: Hoverbike, That would be awesome if my guess is right.

And good luck to everyone trying out for chess. I should know whether I'll be living near Davie or dorming in Tampa in a couple weeks for the Spring 07-Spring 09, which will determine if I try out or not for Chess and Mascot.

Lucifer
11-27-2007, 11:28 AM

You might want to be careful with that sort of prop. I know someone who build a rather large prop from Final Fantasy XII (and Advent Children too), which cosplayers could sit on for poses (two could sit on the FFXII one). Unfortuately due to size, the props were fire hazards and were not allowed into the convention center itself.

If yours intends to have a motor and can actually be driven, I would HIGHLY recommend contacting the convention staff and ask if this prop is even allowed inside at all.

Digitallica
11-27-2007, 02:15 PM
You might want to be careful with that sort of prop. I know someone who build a rather large prop from Final Fantasy XII (and Advent Children too), which cosplayers could sit on for poses (two could sit on the FFXII one). Unfortuately due to size, the props were fire hazards and were not allowed into the convention center itself.

If yours intends to have a motor and can actually be driven, I would HIGHLY recommend contacting the convention staff and ask if this prop is even allowed inside at all.

I already plan on contacting the convention staff. I'm assuming the bikes you're talking about are Lionel's bikes. I'm surprised they were considered fire hazards. But, I guess that'd explain why he has his bikes outside at AX. I envy his work, I only hope our bike comes out half as good as his.

I know that I've seen the Pikachu car in Metrocon's dealer's room, which is why I hope I'll have a chance at bringing in the Hoverbike. Since, that's an actual running-with-a-motor-and-wheels vehicle.

I'll be contacting Metrocon once the designs are in further stages, so I have more accurate information to give them in terms of size, weight, and materials.

------

To Aleera: Good job on the guessing! ^_^

To kimiko_yuki: Wow, I'm afraid I can't boast about knowing any rocket scientists. We're just a group of fans who want to make something far beyond us. The FFXII Hoverbike? That'd be the right kind of challenge. xD

VampiricMosaic
11-27-2007, 03:17 PM
Digi- Oh wow, if anyone wanted to make me and my best friend to do Fran and Balthier quicker it would be you! To bad we can't do it next year. But I hope the hover bike goes awsome, I really can't wait to see it! Totally for cereal.

I supose now we wont be the FF group there. My friends and I are doing a massive Advent Children group. I'll be doing Kadaj. I'm kind of nervouse because I'll have to hand sticth everything but I'm confident that I'll be ok. ^.^

kimiko_yuki
11-27-2007, 04:31 PM
>.< my guess was way off... anyway, I'd be bringing Two FFXII Espers to Metrocon. It seems to be the perfect con for oversized props^^, Hope to get photos with you hoverbikes! I'm sure it'll be an attraction.

TheMask3dPenguin
11-27-2007, 08:09 PM
Wow, so much expensive cosplay....it makes me feel better about my spending habits for costumes >>

I was hoping this would be the year I bring my Firey to Metro (for the first time since it's been redone), but we'll have to see how my cosplay schedule goes...it's pretty crowded now ><

Digitallica
11-27-2007, 09:23 PM
>.< my guess was way off... anyway, I'd be bringing Two FFXII Espers to Metrocon. It seems to be the perfect con for oversized props^^, Hope to get photos with you hoverbikes! I'm sure it'll be an attraction.

I had a feeling that your guess was an Esper. That'd be so amazing if you made Espers for Metrocon, we could rawk out with our oversized-and-totally-compensating-for-something-props. XD!!! But, it'd be amazing and well worth it.

Sailor_Aly
12-01-2007, 05:24 PM
I'm gonna try to go to this con D: I live like 3 hours away from Tampa but if I do go I'm cosplaying as jiggly puff and or Reith [magna carta]

Aleera
12-03-2007, 09:17 AM
I just found out this weekend I got accepted to USF Tampa for summer 2008. I will be attending all three days (can't beat an 1/2 hour commute compared to 4 1/2-5 in previous years). I'm very happy I can finally be more active in Metrocon activities this year. I'm certainly moving early so I can adjust well and leaving my job early to move.

Korinchan
12-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Congratulations Aleera! That's so wonderful.

LadyHawke78
12-03-2007, 03:00 PM
Do you know what's sad? I'm actually considering a temporary relocation from PA to Tampa in order to audition for the Chess Match this year. XD

If I were to get in, I'd need to be there for rehearsals. My sister lives in the city, and can probably hook me up with some job/housing leads. I'll be month-to-month on my current apartment least by then, so I have nothing tying me down here.

(I know. I'm a sad, sad individual.)

Metro was a blast last year, and I'm really glad I decided to stop by and see the chess match while on vacation in FL.

VampiricMosaic
12-03-2007, 03:35 PM
Aleera- Congrats! Thats so great! You have to promise to atleast still visit down south for cons. I hope you do great in your new school!

So I'm gonna think of crazy schemes in order to raise money for cons in 2008. Thanks to christas comming up I can sell candy canes at school, woocha!! XD

sweet_magic
12-03-2007, 09:30 PM
I'd love to be apart of cosplay chess, but I know I couldn't make it to the reherals. It's bad enough I'll be taking the 6+ hour drive down there. x3

My plans right now seem to be

Alice [Shadow Hearts]
Kaoru [Rurouni Kenshin]
Utena [Revolutionary Girl Utena]
??? [Suprise costume]

shredsofsanity0
12-03-2007, 10:01 PM
My aunt and uncle are moving from Sarasota to Tampa at the end of this month so this will be great for me and Metrocon.

Brio
12-06-2007, 11:55 PM
Wow, so much expensive cosplay....it makes me feel better about my spending habits for costumes >>

I was hoping this would be the year I bring my Firey to Metro (for the first time since it's been redone), but we'll have to see how my cosplay schedule goes...it's pretty crowded now ><

Wait....Firey...as in CCS? D:

*wasn't gonna bring Kero due to issues of making people miss con events cause they was helpin me with the keety* >.<

You evil evil person X3. I'ma have to find Kero volunteers again now. lol

Kitsune
12-07-2007, 09:06 AM
Man, y'all have to stop making me want to bring Sweet! Due to constant costume changes and panels and stuff, I can't bring costumes that require body paint! D:

Two of my friends are bringing Earthy and Watery. <3

... ... maybe I'll find a card that doesn't require body paint. :3

Digitallica
12-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Man, y'all have to stop making me want to bring Sweet! Due to constant costume changes and panels and stuff, I can't bring costumes that require body paint! D:

Two of my friends are bringing Earthy and Watery. <3

... ... maybe I'll find a card that doesn't require body paint. :3

I felt so bad for you at Janicon! I could only imagine how hot you were in that costume. =/

I'm in the process now of ripping the hoverbike fmv from the FF12 game and bonus disc, so I can make sure the auto-cad render for this thing is accurrate.

Oh man. Say goodbye to my wallet. XD

Chiefy
12-07-2007, 10:07 PM
Weird that I havent posted in here yet. >.> I have no idea what im wearing for Metro but its probably going to be something for Team Awesome. xD

TheMask3dPenguin
12-08-2007, 12:37 AM
Wait....Firey...as in CCS? D:

*wasn't gonna bring Kero due to issues of making people miss con events cause they was helpin me with the keety* >.<

You evil evil person X3. I'ma have to find Kero volunteers again now. lol

Yes, Firey as in CCS >> Check my gallery XDXD I hope I'll have time for it, cause wings work so much better in wide open halls. We should totally meet up for a photo battle XD

And I gotta say...totally freaking awesome that you're doing Liger Zero Schneider. <3 Zoids.

kimiko_yuki
12-08-2007, 03:16 AM
I should really start on my cosplays for metrocon as soon as now but I always get sidetracked with my lolita sewing.

*ohhh... pretty fabric... must re...sist... arrghh!* *grabs fabric and runs away with it*

kimiko= impulsive fabric buyer v_v

TheMask3dPenguin
12-08-2007, 04:35 PM
I completely agree with you >> *pokes the boxes and boxes of fabric and trim in her closet*

Igsia
12-09-2007, 10:25 PM
I felt so bad for you at Janicon! I could only imagine how hot you were in that costume. =/

I'm in the process now of ripping the hoverbike fmv from the FF12 game and bonus disc, so I can make sure the auto-cad render for this thing is accurrate.

Oh man. Say goodbye to my wallet. XD

lol, Girl you're not the only one XD I feel your loss coming close, too ^.~

rosabella
12-09-2007, 11:24 PM
Digitallica-I'm so excited about your Hoverbike. I must finish my Wedding Ashe in time for Metro since I missed Lionel's hoverbike at Expo this year.

Digitallica
12-09-2007, 11:47 PM
lol, Girl you're not the only one XD I feel your loss coming close, too ^.~

Haha, at least we're in this together! But the end result will be a whole lot of awesome. ;D

Digitallica-I'm so excited about your Hoverbike. I must finish my Wedding Ashe in time for Metro since I missed Lionel's hoverbike at Expo this year.

Thanks for the enthusiasm! <3 Your Ashe costumes are so lovely. *_* I'm almost done ripping the fmvs, so rendering's coming soon...and then, we start the building process. <3

Aleera
12-10-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm going to bring Penelo (Rev. Wings) along for here and AX, this way my FL peeps get to see it too. And that Hoverbike is going to look even hotter once Team Awesome and the group is nearby. Anyway...

2008 Ticket Pre-reg is now open, FYI.

VampiricMosaic
12-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Aleera- Thanks so much for letting us know! I have to get one ASAP!

Oh man, I can't wait to make Endrance for our .hack G.U group! I don't to crossplay very much so I'm really excited to see myself as him. I'm even gonna make the little kitty ^^

icewind79
12-10-2007, 10:53 PM
Havokgrl and I will be coming all 3 days again, and I'll be trying out for chess match again this year. And hopefully be debuting my Beyond the Grave cosplay(fingers crossed).

havokgrl
12-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Wow metro is right after my birthday! I cant wait I dont know what im gonna cosplay yet *sigh*

Kitsune
12-11-2007, 08:39 PM

Well, let's just say I'm never wearing it for that long again. :3

Ahhh, so excited! Between all three days, I'm currently in about nine hours worth of panels. I can only divulge a few, all reruns (Whose Line, Mask Making, and Saiyuki), but hopefully the time slots will go up soon and I can talk about more of them. And Whose Line has a big surprise this year. <3

So much to do, and I know I won't do a lot of it until it comes closer, 'cause I'm a horrid procrastinator.

I wish I could bring Mouse to Metro. D:

VampiricMosaic
12-12-2007, 04:43 PM
ChibiKitsune- Shut up! Your doing Saiyuki?! YEYAH!!! My friends and I just cosplayed from it this year and we're doing more character's next year. (I supposed to be Hakkai) We're definitly gonna have to stop by your panal!

My friends and I will be doing a Howl's moving castle group that sunday too. I can't wat to cosplay as Sophie! ^^

Kitsune
12-12-2007, 04:53 PM
Hee, yay, more Saiyuki fans! :3 .hack//chaos pretty much plans/runs the Saiyuki panel, I'm just there to look pretty and co-host.

(Here's a secret: I still haven't seen more than, like, 13 episodes! o_o I'm so bad. XD)

Definitely come on by! We see a lot of familiar faces at each panel, and the more new ones we get in there to mix it up, the better. This year's panel already has some awesome new twists. It will be quite awesome. :3

skellum
12-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Woo another Con I can go to! Metrocon sounds like its going to be awesome. As for costumes... I have no idea at this moment. But I should know relatively soon.

TheMask3dPenguin
12-12-2007, 10:03 PM
Yeah, she is bad >> I need to make her watch more of it. *Pokes ChibiKitsune* Can't wait for the panel this year, I've got an awesome plan for it. Hopefully it's better than last year's XD But you can never go wrong with Saiyuki.

Still unsure about the Firey's appearance at Metro...it takes a while to put on, and I've already got other cosplays planned. We'll see...but if not, it'll definitely be at AFO again. ^ ^

VampiricMosaic
12-13-2007, 01:34 PM
.hack&Chibi- In that case I can't wait to see you guys! Saiyuki is such a good series, the humor in it just makes me want to die! I wish we where wearing our Sanzo party at metro, but maybe we'll wear it at another con you guys will be stopping by at! ^^

Omg, Endrance and his hair... Why is it that cerulean blue is juts not poplular in the wig color department?!

orca_sora
12-14-2007, 01:06 PM
Yay, more Saiyuki cosplayers! My group will be debuting Sanzo, Goku, and Gojyo in their Reload versions this year. Not sure which we'll be wearing to Metro, but they will be finished hopefully by Megacon. It'd be awesome to get a group shot XD

Digitallica
12-14-2007, 01:39 PM
So, I am halfway convinced that this Hoverbike is going be one of the most expensive cosplay ventures EVER. XD!

After pricing everything out more accurately, and taking into account some of the equipment we'll need to buy, this thing is running up to around $6,000 now. I need to figure out a way to get little donations or something. "If we can build it, you will come." XD!! Haha, any ideas?

DustOnMYWings
12-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Ah, I envy you guys who have money for a hotel room. Being young and stuck with a horrid low paying job is just the worst! I can't get a room because my mom doesn't care for anime cons and my sis isn't old enough either. So I get to go for the costume contest (Don't have a clue which costume I'll be wearing yet) and after, I get stuck with a long car ride back to Palm bay T_T;;; but it's all worth it for how much fun it was last year!

VampiricMosaic
12-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Digi- I wish you the best of luck with raising money for it. Maybe you should ask fellow FFXII cosplayers to donate! ^^

So I've raised alittle more money.... Can't wait until March when I can actually get a job!

kimiko_yuki
12-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Digitallica - Ouch! that's gotta hurt your wallet. Are you paying for it by yourself? maybe you can ask the convention for some kind of support since I'm sure it'll be a major attraction. You know, those kinds where people can come up and ask for a photo riding you hoverbike. just an idea though.

Me? my espers are now ranging from 3k - 4k. I save up money by doing commisions and selling stuff online ^^ Ebay is my new best friend!

VampiricMosaic
12-16-2007, 05:52 PM
Hey (gosh I'm sorry for asking so many questions!) But does anyone remember how much they had to pay a night for Metro's hotel? I don't think they put up the room rates... or if they did I'm uber confused! O.o

Korinchan
12-16-2007, 06:23 PM
So, I was wondering...I'm going to be wearing Kayura from Yoroiden Samurai Troopers/Ronin Warriors at this con, and it would be super great if I could find some people willing to go as other characters from this series. Anybody interested?

Chiefy
12-16-2007, 06:55 PM
@Temari of Suna: Did you say Ronin Warriors!? If im not planning anything I will join up! ^_^

Korinchan
12-16-2007, 07:10 PM
@Temari of Suna: Did you say Ronin Warriors!? If im not planning anything I will join up! ^_^

Yes! That'd be great if you could. In particular, I'm really looking for a Shuten/Anubis as the Ancient. The version of Kayura that I'm doing is her battle outfit...thing. But any character would be perfect!

Frostmourne
12-17-2007, 07:45 AM
I need to fix the shoulder armor for my Zelda cosplay. The shoulders are so frustrating. I wish I could meet up with Team Awesome and show them some of my Zelda costume flaws(some small things). I need help! >.<

Chiefy
12-17-2007, 01:55 PM
@Beatrix: Well if you live near any of us im sure we could help or send some pictures to us.^_^

Frostmourne
12-17-2007, 06:21 PM
I think I might just do that! Unless I find some local help first. ^^
negativedreamers (cosplays ganondorf) has been giving me great tips so far

VampiricMosaic
12-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Beatrix- What city do you live in? Because I live down south so if you in the area I could probably give some help. ^^

Chiefy
12-17-2007, 09:20 PM
@Beatrix: Oh yeah Negativedreamer rocks. xD

Digitallica
12-18-2007, 01:44 AM
Chief-chan: When is that Judge Drace project ever going to come to fruition? :o The level of awesomeness that would be a Judge Drace cosplay would be...well, awesome. xD!

Kimiko_Yuki: I admire you for working so hard to make the money for those espers. Igsia [Fran of the group], and I are looking into opening an online store as well, to garner some funds. Though, we're just going to stick with already-existing items, for time's sake.

I really can't wait to see how your Espers are going to progress, I can't imagine what you must be building them with, and with what functions, for them to be so costly. But, I bet they're going to be amazing.

Otherwise: After hammering out on some of the details, I've managed to get the price of the bike down to around $4k now, by figuring out ways to use cheaper materials, instead of going all-out and buying everything of the highest-quality to make it. Lionel was a big help with this, just by giving me some enlightenment in the way of costs versus quality. You don't have to spend thousands upon thousands extra to make something look incredible, such as his own bike.

Now, the next real challenge is going to be:
Figuring our what color the bike should be.
No. I'm serious.

-XD Happy costuming, guys. ^^

Chiefy
12-18-2007, 02:19 AM
@Digi: If you plan on doing a FF12 group again for Metro im open to make Drace then or earlier if need be. Just let me know. ^_^ Its going to be funny though since im so short. haha. xD

Edit: I know that Foos may be interested in making a Judge too sometime. Imagine 3 judges. O.O

Digitallica
12-18-2007, 02:27 AM
@Digi: If you plan on doing a FF12 group again for Metro im open to make Drace then or earlier if need be. Just let me know. ^_^ Its going to be funny though since im so short. haha. xDEdit: I know that Foos may be interested in making a Judge too sometime. Imagine 3 judges. O.O

That would be baller. o_oAs in, super bad ass.

I know I'll have myself as Larsa, Igsia as Fran, Malzra as Gabranth again, Foos as Gramis/Moogle, and hopefully CJ will return as Balthier, to Metrocon, with our to-then-be-completed Hoverbike.* If Foos wishes to make a Judge to add, then, heck, the more the merrier!

As for height.* We can do what a lot of Japanese cosplayers do.* Get some monster Spice Girl platform shoes! XD* Or, just, go with it.* I'm a 5'6" Larsa.* So, I really hope height doesn't matter anymore.

Chiefy
12-18-2007, 02:47 AM
@Digi: Ok then I will set Judge Drace for MetroCon. Imagining a judge with platforms is histerical xD

Kitsune
12-18-2007, 09:37 AM
Pfft. Height. XD

Within the Digimon group I'm in, I'm crossplaying the tallest character, and I'm one of the shortest. :3 And our Izzy cosplayer is easily the tallest person in our group.

... ... ... Not to mention, no matter who I group with, I always manage to be the shortest Turk. D:

Aleera
12-18-2007, 10:25 AM
@Chief: Bringing my FF12 Revenant Wings Penelo. Looks like you got my LJ message, that would be great to have you in our massive group. I was hoping we could squeeze all the Team Awesome into this con as possible.

@Vampiric: The 2005 rate for the old hotel was around $115 or so plus $10 parking daily. Budget $250 min. for whomever's paying if you are staying 2 days at /nearby the official hotel to go to all the events (Masquerade - Friday, Chess - Sat + Sun). That's excluding your con badge and the Fantasy Masquerade admission. If you stay near the area the commute in traffic will be longer but it is a lot cheaper (free coupon books help), though you will be at the convention less. Think about it during your planning phase, I'll drag my Mom along for Librar-ations if you want to ask her anything about the experience(s) we've had over the years to help you. If you do stay on the cheap, we know the nicer area for the same price, lol.

VampiricMosaic
12-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Digi and every other FF person- Can us Advent Children People pop around you guys? I know we may not be nearly as B.A, but we wannafeel the FF love too! ToT

Whats hieght got to do....got to do with it! XD
No for cereal, I know platform shoes are savoirs- but unless your accuracy obessed then I think you can deal with just being your o'natural selves! ^^

Has anyone ever made a body suit? If so I really do need some help in that area for Endrance. It would be really great if I had someone to give me tips instead of finding out for myself and failing miserably!

Aleera
12-19-2007, 01:57 PM
@ Chibi : You could always have others duck during photos if you are that obsessed with height accuracy. Or the platforms, but keep in mind the con center is big, so you might want to have spare shoes to change into. I know this from platforms during Jacon 2002 (when it was at UCF with three stories), changing into comfortable flats can be such a relief.

@ VM: I know where you can get the right fabrics and free custom/commercial pattern (feel free to send me a reference image). I can PM you that info, stat. I've integrated more spandex into my panels as a result of learning this year, but I have not made the body suit yet. If anyone else knows more from experience they can either post or PM VampiricMosaic more info.

A19Riku
12-19-2007, 05:13 PM
omg im so excited anout this

so ya im not for sure on any of this yet but im pretty sure ill bring the end game version of penelo (FFXII) , tamaki (Ouran), riku (KH2), and ringo (Air Gear)

and saddly i don't think ill have Reks (FFXII) done in time but ... maybe i can get him done in time ... maybe

Digitallica
12-20-2007, 12:58 AM
Digi and every other FF person- Can us Advent Children People pop around you guys? I know we may not be nearly as B.A, but we wannafeel the FF love too! ToT

No, you can't. <_<;
....Of course you can. XD! Final Fantasy crossover photos are awesome. Advent Children and FFXII? Just about the only shared similarity is a bad ass bike. Oh, and gravity-defying hair. Cloud and Vaan should have a Pantene-off. That'd be hilarious. XD

The more Final Fantasy cosplayers, the better! Soon, I'm going to be contacing Roy to see just where this bike will be able to go.

and saddly i don't think ill have Reks (FFXII) done in time but ... maybe i can get him done in time ... maybe

D= Reks.
That would be. So.
SO.
AWESOME.

Of course, Penelo would be awesome, too. xD

Skillet
12-20-2007, 10:40 AM
I really want to attend this convention, especially because it's 2 days after my birthday! ^o^ but I lack transportation and permission from the parents >.>

@VampiricMosaic- yay Endrance! *hugs* X3 i'm an ubber .hack fan! i wasn't able to make BlackRose or find any .hack cosplayers in the past but i'm working on Alkaid with a Haseo for 08 ^^
about the body suit, perhaps i can be of some help. i'm currently working on re-making my Shelke cosplay because i failed the first attempt and messed up on measurements on the body suit >.>;;; lol i havn't started yet but i'll be working on it during winter break.

@everyone- if there's a Final Fantasy group, i'll be happy to join as Summoner Yuna or Shelke ^^

Aleera
12-20-2007, 12:55 PM
@ Exinu: Let's make a plan for sometime in 2008, reguardless of whether you make Metrocon (keep me posted). And Vampiric will be planning Endurance for Metrocon. You, myself, and Vampiric all want to cosplay .hack, let's do it.

@ everyone: I have submitted for approval a cosplay.com meet-up panel (similar to the one I ran at Anime Supercon), now I'm thinking of amending that to include a photo shoot too. But it looks like there is a great deal of interest for a Final Fantasy. Maybe we can have either an official or unofficial photo shoot right outside of the con center.

Chiefy
12-20-2007, 01:56 PM
Im already looking up tutorials for Drace. Her armor is going to take a loooot of patience. >.<

@Vamp: If I werent working on Drace you know I would make Tri-edge xD

A19Riku
12-20-2007, 09:28 PM
D= Reks.
That would be. So.
SO.
AWESOME.

Of course, Penelo would be awesome, too. xD

Ya i know im really excited about him. I hope I can get him done but its hard to tell right now but im sure as heck going to try.

VampiricMosaic
12-20-2007, 09:41 PM
Digi- lol thank you! A pantene off it will be! With some Alberto VO5!!! XD

Exinu- lol thanks! I would love the extra help. Aleera's been really kind to me by giving me some tips so now I have two people for help! lol I love Endrance, he's such a flower whore. XD My friends and I are doing a .Hackk G.Ugroup and my best friend is doing Haseo. I don't know for sure if she's dead set on the form she wants to do yet though.

Chief: Yeah, yeah! :p lol

Aleera
12-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Ya i know im really excited about him. I hope I can get him done but its hard to tell right now but im sure as heck going to try.
I've never seen a Reks cosplay. That would be so wonderful if you can finish him.

And speaking of the bike, I don't know the results of panel submissions yet but it would be awesome if we could have all the final fantasy people and cosplay.com -ers for a photo shoot right outside(as long as no one displays guns outside). I'm not sure how you guys are going to work transporting the bike, but I'm sure it will get tons of photogenic love and accolades. Our Judges could be bike security, lol.

Chiefy
12-21-2007, 04:10 PM
@AleeraL Osu! xD Bike Security lol. Does this job come with health insurance and a dental plan? lol. I think I know what im going to use to make Drace now just need to order it. Ooooh how im going to enjoy this. >:)

Digitallica
12-21-2007, 05:30 PM
@Aleera: I'm going to be messaging Roy tonight about the bike, and what I'll need to be doing for it. Most likely, I'll be displayed next to PikabelleChu's awesome Pika Bug, in the dealer's room...which, in all actuality..I would prefer. Florida's summer weather has a nasty habit of ruining cosplay appearances, haha. I remember last Metro, I kept running to the restroom's every hour to retouch my make-up because I was melting like the Wicked Witch of the West. =/

Though, for some time, having an outdoor photoshoot would be awesome. I'll see what I can find out from Roy. We're going to be making the bike in pieces and assembling it, so, transporting it around the con may not be too difficult, it'll just require a lot of willing hands. xD

@Chief-Chain: And, for being Bike Security...I will issue "Official Badges of Bad-Assery." XD

Chiefy
12-21-2007, 06:09 PM
@Digi: Yessss xD Lord Larsa wears make-up!? Who would have thought.... Im sure Roy will be ok With it and it does help that you actually ask instead of just parking it somewhere. ^_^ Do you have a Fran to ride the bike btw? We could always ask ManChii LOL.

Digitallica
12-21-2007, 06:21 PM
@Digi: Yessss xD Lord Larsa wears make-up!? Who would have thought.... Im sure Roy will be ok With it and it does help that you actually ask instead of just parking it somewhere. ^_^ Do you have a Fran to ride the bike btw? We could always ask ManChii LOL.

Haha, I wear a LOT of make up when I cosplay Larsa, because I make my skin look as close to video0game plastic as possible. Plus, the boy has...no coloring...no facial bones, and no eyelashes under his eye, haha. Plus he wears a LOT of mascara, and have orangeish lips. I wear more make up as Larsa than I do as Lust. =/

Haha, I think they might be annoyed with the bike enough as it is. I'll be installing a sound-system in it, so, when I can, I can blare music and perform skits around the hoverbike. Depending on where the bike is, I probably won't be able to utilize the music function as much as I'd like to, but, when I can switch on the lights for the Hoverbike and play music, you can bet that Larsa will be raving with those glow-stick potions! XD

And, yes, I do have a very lovely Fran for Metrocon. ^^ Her name is Igsia on here, and, she's going to be the most gorgeous Fran. Of course, if ManChii wants to ride, he can hop right on! xD

kimiko_yuki
12-21-2007, 06:21 PM
I'm making Ultima for me and Zalera for my sister. I don't think we can move much in my 12 feet wings/stilts/podium but I'll be sure to attend any ff12 photoshoot. Mostly you'd find us standing agaist a wall.

Chiefy
12-21-2007, 07:29 PM
@Digi:....A sound system!!!?? YESSSS!! xD I will be the Awkward Judge standing in the far corner making sure noone raves with my young Lord.lol. And I can imagine all the make-up you have to wear. I have to figure out what make-up im going to wear to look older like Drace and find a boy cut wig.lol

@Kimiko: Ultima @.@ Thats going to be amazing!!!

Digitallica
12-21-2007, 08:38 PM
@Digi:....A sound system!!!?? YESSSS!! xD I will be the Awkward Judge standing in the far corner making sure noone raves with my young Lord.lol. And I can imagine all the make-up you have to wear. I have to figure out what make-up im going to wear to look older like Drace and find a boy cut wig.lol

@Kimiko: Ultima @.@ Thats going to be amazing!!!

I can definitely help with make up. Drace's make-up won't be too hard, achieving the video-game is pretty simple. But, I find that contacts make a huuuuuge difference in FF12 cosplay. Fran is a prime example of the need for the right color contacts, and I made sure to get light blue for Larsa. All of the characters in FF12 have light eyes. xD

Oh man, Zalera and Ultima?! That'll be, absolutely amazing. Zalera was always my favorite. No wonder that's going to cost so much money, there's so many details in it. I think we should recruit random Humes to assist us with our difficult cosplay props.

Chiefy
12-21-2007, 08:56 PM
@Digi: I will try and figure the make-up out later since its the least of my worries. As for contacts I wish xD unless I happen to buy some at the Con. If not I will probably be wearing my helmet most of the time anyways. ^_^

Korinchan
12-21-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm making Ultima for me and Zalera for my sister. I don't think we can move much in my 12 feet wings/stilts/podium but I'll be sure to attend any ff12 photoshoot. Mostly you'd find us standing agaist a wall.

Oh, I can't wait to see you! I've been wanting to make Ultima since I played the game. Good luck!!!

rosabella
12-22-2007, 01:50 AM
Digitallica-OMG!!!! A sound system!!!! That is really really impressive. I'm so excited to see it now. I can't wait to get pcitures with it as Wedding Ashe. ^^

A19Riku
12-22-2007, 12:53 PM
lol agito too bad we won't have fran and balthier lol

rosabella
12-22-2007, 01:00 PM
*cries*

A19Riku
12-22-2007, 01:07 PM
hey Digitallica do you know if you will be taking the bike to any other cons or maybe to metrocon next year

rosabella
12-22-2007, 01:11 PM
hey Digitallica do you know if you will be taking the bike to any other cons or maybe to metrocon next year

>.> <.< this is the metrocon forum.....

A19Riku
12-22-2007, 01:17 PM
lol i mean next year as in 09' sry bout that it feels like 08' already

Digitallica
12-22-2007, 07:14 PM
HAha, yeah, I'm going to figure out the sound-system, but, if all else fails, I'll just stick a portable Bose docking station on it, and put it on full blast. >D

As for other cons, I'm bringing it to Anime Expo in '08, but, I haven't planned anything for '09. Depending on how it goes, I'll be bringing it to other cons...if the cons pay me to get it there. It's going to cost almost the cost of the bike to bring the bike to AX.

Here's a FFXII cast update:
Larsa: Digitallica
Gabranth: Malzra
Penelo: Aleera
Penelo/Reks: A19Riku
Wedding Ashe: Rosabella
Hoverbike: Bonzai Anime
Ultima: Kimiko_Yuki
Zalera: Kimiko_Yuki's sister.
Gramis: Foos
Balthier: Lord Kefka
Fran: Igsia
Drace: Chief-Chan

....Hope I didn't miss anyone!

Chiefy
12-22-2007, 09:30 PM
Ooooo im excited about this! to bad it SO far away still.

VampiricMosaic
12-23-2007, 03:29 PM
I'm so sad that we couldn't do FFXII this year. But one day my frineds and I will be able to do our characters and espers! gotta take one step at a time. ^^

My best friend is going to be helping me with my Kadaj makeup...since I have to be dead pale. Thank god she's doing Sephiroth, I would be lost without her and her amazing cross=playing skills! XD

I hope everyone has a great christmas by the way! ^o^

Chiefy
12-23-2007, 06:36 PM
@Vamp: you guys will have to include me in it. ^.~ And Happy Christmas everyone I hope you get everything you want and more! ^_^

kimiko_yuki
12-23-2007, 11:03 PM
@Vamp: you guys will have to include me in it. ^.~ And Happy Christmas everyone I hope you get everything you want and more! ^_^

I want Home Depot Giftcaaards!!!

Chiefy
12-23-2007, 11:29 PM
I want Home Depot Giftcaaards!!!

Haha. I want the Deed to own a JoAnns xD

Korinchan
12-23-2007, 11:39 PM

*nodnod*

VampiricMosaic
12-24-2007, 10:45 AM
Kimiko- lol, your so cute! H.D. bound to ahve sales after christmas.... like every other store in the friggen world! XD

Chief- How much you wanna bet there's one burried somewhere? Those people would never think of cosplayers to become treasure hunters. But then again I think we all are the main reason fabric and craft stores stay alive! Nice talking to you last night!

YAY! IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE! I'm gonna make Pumpkin Cheesecake!

Prota-Girl
12-24-2007, 09:05 PM

Ohh then we get discounts??/ o.o :glomps:

Digitallica
12-25-2007, 01:05 PM
Haha. Merry X-Mas guys. ;D

Prota-Girl
12-25-2007, 04:39 PM
Yes! Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!

Chiefy
12-25-2007, 07:24 PM
Ohh then we get discounts??/ o.o :glomps:

Lol and yesssss. xD

Yay Happy X-mas everyone! Got everything I wanted ^_^

Super.Nova
12-25-2007, 08:05 PM
I’ve been reading all of the threads for this MetroCon thread but I’m still a little confused. MetroCon will be my FIRST ever Convention that I attend so sorry for so many questions.

I’ll be traveling down from Kentucky to Florida and I’m going to stay at the MetroCon hotel. Which I’m looking forward to with all the threads I’ve been reading about people having so much fun.  The rooms are $239.00 a night (according to the website) but I’m hoping for a discount through AAA or Military. *lol* & hopefully I can get some of my friends to go with me to split the cost of the room. *lol* Maybe the promise that they can go tanning on the beach will get them to go. A majority of my friends are very… country western and don’t even know that anime exists. I’m trying to convert them but it’s not working so well yet. & I don’t have any friends who cosplay here in Kentucky. *lol* okay, I don’t have any friends who cosplay period. I’m new to all of this. But I am SOO excited about going. I can’t wait.

Anyway, I plan to go as Wicked Lady from Sailor Moon. I would love to meet up with other people going as Sailor Moon characters. *lol* Or just meet up with other people who will be cosplaying. *lol* I might end up in Florida by myself.

I’m just a little confused. Y’ll are saying that you have 2-3 costumes, one for each day. What is the normal amount of costumes worn for MetroCon? Do you show up in costume or check in at your hotel and then change into costume? Can you wear a costume all day?

I’ve also read on MetroCon that you can volunteer to get a refund on your pass. Is that a good idea or bad? What about the dances on Friday & Saturday night? Do people actually go to the dances? If so, what do they wear? Sorry if these questions seem weird. I just want to make sure that I understand everything.

Kitsune
12-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Welcome to the crazy convention scene! =D

I can't answer all of these to the very best extents, but I hope I can provide a little insight and others can jump aboard and broaden the ideas. The hotel rooms will be cheaper than listed on the hotel page because the convention gets a discount. I can't for the life of me remember what the cost was last year, but it wasn't 200 a night.

I'm honestly bringing about five to seven costumes for various events, four to five of which will be seen Friday (my busiest day thus far, it would seem). My first con, however, I had a costume. I know plenty of people who don't bring costumes. That's completely up to the individual, but around these forums you do see a lot of people bringing about a costume a day. When not pressed for time, I go back to the hotel room to change (I always arrive in a costume, but sometimes I'm not in one for long XD), but if I don't have time (between various panels), I just carry bags tailored to my current character and have my other costumes in there and change in the convention center restrooms. You can most definitely wear a costume all day - I love days when I can do that. XD

The volunteering is a good idea for most people. I love doing it. There are many circumstances that make it, well, not so great, however. If you're there for one or two days, then you spend most of it working for your pass (you must work a minimum of ten hours for a refund), so it's pretty contradictory. If you want to do everything possible, it also makes it hard to schedule volunteer hours in, especially since Metrocon is full of things to do and see. For a first convention, you might consider not worrying about the money you put out for the ticket and just enjoying the whole thing, but volunteering can be a great experience - I've met some awesome people doing it. Also, if you're getting there a day early or can stay late Sunday, set-up and break-down are good chances to get your hours in.

I personally only go to the Fantasy Masquerade (well, I performed in it the last two years) so I can only provide so much information on the dances. I've always heard the raves and such were often with high attendance, though, so people definitely go. As for the Fantasy Masquerade - the official number shows that 767 people attended last year's Masquerade. It is a highly enjoyable event. Not only is there much dancing to be had, but a storyline to follow with characters that interact with the dancers. The Masquerade requires formal dress, but a lot of characters either wear something formal at some point or can have costumes altered to appear formal, and many people wear what they wore to prom or some other big dance. I'm not sure about the other dances.

Sorry, I'll stop rambling now. XD But I hope that helped a little!

Super.Nova
12-25-2007, 09:51 PM
Welcome to the crazy convention scene! =D

I can't answer all of these to the very best extents, but I hope I can provide a little insight and others can jump aboard and broaden the ideas. The hotel rooms will be cheaper than listed on the hotel page because the convention gets a discount. I can't for the life of me remember what the cost was last year, but it wasn't 200 a night.

I'm honestly bringing about five to seven costumes for various events, four to five of which will be seen Friday (my busiest day thus far, it would seem). My first con, however, I had a costume. I know plenty of people who don't bring costumes. That's completely up to the individual, but around these forums you do see a lot of people bringing about a costume a day. When not pressed for time, I go back to the hotel room to change (I always arrive in a costume, but sometimes I'm not in one for long XD), but if I don't have time (between various panels), I just carry bags tailored to my current character and have my other costumes in there and change in the convention center restrooms. You can most definitely wear a costume all day - I love days when I can do that. XD

The volunteering is a good idea for most people. I love doing it. There are many circumstances that make it, well, not so great, however. If you're there for one or two days, then you spend most of it working for your pass (you must work a minimum of ten hours for a refund), so it's pretty contradictory. If you want to do everything possible, it also makes it hard to schedule volunteer hours in, especially since Metrocon is full of things to do and see. For a first convention, you might consider not worrying about the money you put out for the ticket and just enjoying the whole thing, but volunteering can be a great experience - I've met some awesome people doing it. Also, if you're getting there a day early or can stay late Sunday, set-up and break-down are good chances to get your hours in.

I personally only go to the Fantasy Masquerade (well, I performed in it the last two years) so I can only provide so much information on the dances. I've always heard the raves and such were often with high attendance, though, so people definitely go. As for the Fantasy Masquerade - the official number shows that 767 people attended last year's Masquerade. It is a highly enjoyable event. Not only is there much dancing to be had, but a storyline to follow with characters that interact with the dancers. The Masquerade requires formal dress, but a lot of characters either wear something formal at some point or can have costumes altered to appear formal, and many people wear what they wore to prom or some other big dance. I'm not sure about the other dances.

Sorry, I'll stop rambling now. XD But I hope that helped a little!

*lol* Thank you and any insight is very welcomed. As this will be my first Convention I want to make sure that I enjoy it the most. VERY happy to hear that the rooms will be cheaper. Right now, itís looking like Iíll be going down to MetroCon by myself. *lol* Anything is better then $200+ a day. *lol* More money to be able to spend on my costume. :D Iím trying to be very organized about this & researching prices/fabrics/techniques & right now itís looking to be an expensive costume. ÖDid I mention that I donít know how to sew? *lol* Guess Iíll be learning.

I keep watching the MetroCon page but I still havenít seen an update for the events planned. Iíve read on other threads that you can compete in competitions etc. *lol* Not to sure I would want to do that. Do they have an amateur competition for the costumes? *lol* Iím just not keen on getting up in front of a group of people with others whoíve been cosplaying for years. People watching would be like, ďOh my gosh, that is awesomeĒ for them and me ďÖÖ.RightÖ. Who are they supposed to be?Ē

What about the ďVIPĒ passes? Would they be worth buying? Itís $75.00 verses the Ö $40.00. From what I read about those passes they kinda sound like it would be totally worth it. Do you know about these VIP passes? That there is VIP events sounds interesting. *lol* Only thing is, is that even if I volunteer Iíd still be paying for the weekend pass if I went with the VIP pass

Wow, just curious why do you have so many costumes? Will you be in the panels? If so what types of panels will you be in? I was looking at your pictures and your costumes were great. *lol* I just hope that my costume turns out half as great as yours. Itís so funny b/c I keep on finding more photos of Wicked Lady & Iím likeÖ Ok, need to add that. & RED CONTACTS freakiní expansive.

I really think that I will volunteer. I think it would be a great chance to meet people. If I was to volunteer should I mainly sign up to help set up/ break down? Or schedule for some time in-between the two? Will those positions fill up fast?

What is the fantasy masquerade? *lol* Seems like a great chance to wear my prom dress again. But there will definitely be changes made to it. Not too easy to dance in, *lol* it looks great itís just not good for dancing. Or could I create like a formalÖ. Sailor Moon costume? Have you ever danced with a wig on? If so, when wearing the wig does it get too hot?

Thank you soo much for your time & advice.

Any advice from anyone is always greatly appreciated.

Chiefy
12-25-2007, 09:56 PM
@Super: I do beleive the the costume contest has catagories for different levels of cosplay though I may be wrong it has been a while. As for bringing more then one costume, I think after you see how much time there is you want to wear more costumes. For the masquerade it really all depends on how used to the outfit/wig you are. And yes it is a formal dance but some costumes are allowed. ^_^

TheMask3dPenguin
12-26-2007, 01:54 AM
The costume contest will have a novice category, I'm pretty sure. Cause that's where I'm stuck at >> I'm always nervous too, but your costumes get better the more work you do and the more experience you have, so never feel bad about any of your cosplays.

XD Like my crazy friend ChibiKitsune, I usually bring more than 3 costumes because I run themed panels, but you might enjoy just wearing one a day more, because you don't have to worry about changing. It's up to you, there's no real standard or any rule ^ ^" Cosplay is a great time to learn about sewing and such. I learned a lot from one of my mom's friends, and she helped me make costumes for a couple of years until I was capable of not killing myself with a sewing machine. XD

From what I remember, the hotel was between $120-140 dollars a night, more towards $120. If you have a car, you'll have to pay for valet parking, so keep that in mind. I think it's around $10 a night. Otherwise, there might be room taxes to consider as well, so expect about $30 extra, just in case.

The VIP tickets gives you some benefits- listed on the website- but if you volunteer you will not get the total amount back. I believe that last year I got $50 of $70 back. Volunteering is a good way to meet people, but it is time consuming. Set up is the Thursday night before the convention, and break down in Sunday night, so keep in mind when you're planning to arrive and when you plan to leave. You'll have to stay at the hotel an extra two nights to help with set up and break down. Once the con is closer, there will be other volunteering opportunities during the con, such as working registration, security, weapons registration, and other things. Those might be a better option for you. Just keep an eye out on the website for when these time slots appear and pick the ones you want, but keep in mind you have to work 10 hours. The one exception is that one panel hour counts for two hours of your work time. Otherwise, every hour is one hour towards your 10. I usually just run several panels, since last year I took up running the mask making panel for the Masquerade.

Wigs do get a little hot, but you know, it all depends on the person and the wig ^ ^" I'll be in a wig at the Masquerade, I know, but that's just me. Lots of people just wear nice dresses and put their own hair up, and others wear fancy costumes (any costume has to be formal). Do what you'll be most comfortable in, and remember, dancing= WEAR COMFORTABLE SHOES. I learned that the hard way >> My feet still hurt from those boots last year ^ ^" Oh, and don't forget that you'll need a mask for whatever you wear to the Masquerade, it's required for entry. That's another thing, the Masquerade entrance fee is covered under the VIP ticket, but you'll have to buy one if you have a regular pass. It's an extra $10 or so, check the website. Oh, and if you don't happen to have a mask, feel free to stop by my mask making panel on Friday, I'll have free supplies and masks for as many people as I can manage ^ ^'

Whew, I guess I'm done for now. Happy to help answer any more of your questions, Super.Nova ^ ^

Kitsune
12-26-2007, 09:21 AM
Yey, I was hoping .hack would post so I could reference her later. :3

I started learning how to sew on costumes. I'm still learning. XD Wicked Lady is a big project for a first costume, but I'm sure you'll do great! Ruby Moon was my first sewn costume, and I just realized they're sort of similar. You have plenty of time still to look for the good deals on fabric and learn all the techniques you need to make the costumes.

The VIP passes are great for the seating. That's my favorite part about them. :3 I can't say much on the VIP events: last year, it was Metrocon Extend, which was a longer closing ceremony (...okay, people watched the ending video for the chess match and watched us chess cast geeks cry <3) and a special Whose Line event with guests that was canceled. I'm not sure what the events will be there this year.

Aww, thanks for the compliments! I'm not that great, really. >_< Still working on the techniques. I am in a lot of panels. Two of them I can't say because their still in the works, and, well, the complete brain children of .hack//chaos, so she'll hopefully have info on those when the panels are approved. Otherwise, I'll be assisting in the mask-making panel, then being one of eight co-hosts in a Digimon 01 panel (I'll be Jou Kido), then one of the secret panels, and hosting the Whose Line Is It Anime Auditions as Reno -- all on Friday. XD Saturday I'm in another secret panel and then running the Whose Line show as Reno once more, and Sunday there's the conclusion of a panel. And *crosses fingers* I'm hoping for either Masquerade or Chess cast work in there.

And I totally feel you on contacts! I haven't bought red ones yet (will be soon, though), but I have one pair of full-eye sclera lenses and I'm getting another. sjhguebgiehi 300 dollars. D: D: Just remember that eyes are always the last thing people consider on a costume, so if you don't get them, it's not the end of the world. <3

Many volunteer positions do fill up fast, but I think that registration and weapon check fill slowest. Set-up is nearly all day Thursday - it's usually slated to start at 9 or 10 in the morning, and you can stay as long as you want. I usually stick around til 11 that night or so, but I'm pretty sure it usually goes until well past midnight. There's a lot to do! But it does require having a place to stay Thursday night (I live an hour away, so I'd usually just head home so I only needed a hotel room for two nights, but this year I'm getting the hotel for three nights).

Ahh, the Masquerade! I love it. There's a storyline that plays out on or around the stage, based on fairy tales but cast with popular anime characters. The characters have short scenes with about ten minutes between scenes (usually 3 or so songs), and during these songs, most of the characters (unless they have a reason not to) go out into the crowd to interact in-character with all the dancers. Last year, Kyo and Yuki from Fruits Basket were brothers with Queen Beryl for a step-mother. She had killed their father and was hoping to get the throne because she'd made Yuki's potential wives go missing and the proper heir, Kyo, couldn't hold a potential wife because of his horrible appearance. Tohru then comes into the story, not knowing Kyo or Yuki, and the heads of the servents, Maes Hughs and Roy Mustang from FMA, get her to pose as a maid and find out she doesn't care about Kyo's appearance, which can help break the curse. But they're opposed by Beryl and her four generals. Think Cinderella meets Beauty and the Beast with FMA, Fruits Basket, and Sailor Moon casting it. :3 There was also two characters "outside" the story, talking with the storyteller, who was visible the whole time and narrating. They altered the story at crucial points to get to a happy ending. It's a blast to see the story, and the dance is fun to be in. Last year, I did wear a wig (I was Zoicite for it, and we wanted to get away from too much of my hairstyle and try to get a little closer) and heeled boots. The wig didn't bother me anywhere near as much as those shoes! D:

Oh, and you need a mask, as .hack has pointed out. The idea of a masked ball is integrated into every storyline. You could easily make formal Sailor Moon costumes - but keep in mind that Tuxedo Mask and the Princess forms of the Senshi, as well as Queen Beryl and her Shittenou. I'd say Wicked Lady was as well, but the lower skirt would need to be altered or have a skirt beneath it for modesty's sake.

...Yes, wow, talking. XD I should stop.

VampiricMosaic
12-26-2007, 09:28 AM
.hack and Chibi- You guys rock for providing so much info. You even answered some questions that I was wondering about! Thanks alot! ^^

Super- I hope their advice has helped. I've never been to Metrocon, but when people talk about it so informitivly it always makes me feel better!

I hope Metro puts up their room rates soon... Dear gawd I hate being young without a job. T.T

TheMask3dPenguin
12-27-2007, 01:22 AM
I agree with you on the job part >> and you're very welcome! ^ ^ I hope you both enjoy Metrocon~

VampiricMosaic
12-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Thanks hack!
Oh by the way, has anyone ever entered the anime idol compition Metro has? Because I'd liek to enter only I don't know what I'm gonna get myself into...

Leenus
12-29-2007, 01:14 AM
Oh, I have missed A LOT have I not? lol

As for all the talk about a Final Fantasy group I seem to specialize ATM on FF with having quite a few character cosplays at my disposal, so please if you have any use for little 'ole me in the group on any character don't hesitate to P.M me.

As for right now I have Final Fantasy on my list for this metrocon.

Spartan63087
12-29-2007, 01:19 AM
I'll be going. Since I usually go to Otakon in Baltimore around this time, and since I'm really on a budget, I'm going to Metrocon in place of Otakon.

Aleera
12-29-2007, 02:32 PM
Iíve been reading all of the threads for this MetroCon thread but Iím still a little confused. MetroCon will be my FIRST ever Convention that I attend so sorry for so many questions.

Iíll be traveling down from Kentucky to Florida and Iím going to stay at the MetroCon hotel. Which Iím looking forward to with all the threads Iíve been reading about people having so much fun.  The rooms are $239.00 a night (according to the website) but Iím hoping for a discount through AAA or Military. *lol* & hopefully I can get some of my friends to go with me to split the cost of the room. *lol* Maybe the promise that they can go tanning on the beach will get them to go. A majority of my friends are veryÖ country western and donít even know that anime exists. Iím trying to convert them but itís not working so well yet. & I donít have any friends who cosplay here in Kentucky. *lol* okay, I donít have any friends who cosplay period. Iím new to all of this. But I am SOO excited about going. I canít wait.

Anyway, I plan to go as Wicked Lady from Sailor Moon. I would love to meet up with other people going as Sailor Moon characters. *lol* Or just meet up with other people who will be cosplaying. *lol* I might end up in Florida by myself.

Iím just a little confused. Yíll are saying that you have 2-3 costumes, one for each day. What is the normal amount of costumes worn for MetroCon? Do you show up in costume or check in at your hotel and then change into costume? Can you wear a costume all day?

Iíve also read on MetroCon that you can volunteer to get a refund on your pass. Is that a good idea or bad? What about the dances on Friday & Saturday night? Do people actually go to the dances? If so, what do they wear? Sorry if these questions seem weird. I just want to make sure that I understand everything.

Maybe getting a deposit from your friends if you want to invite them to room with you, I've tried converting friends too and they can flake on you without money being taken from them beforehand if they are new to the convention scene. I think 2-3 costumes is enough, one for each day - Friday night would be say a formal costume/attire and mask for the fantasy masquerade. You will also be walking to the convention center, which will limit the amount of time and costume changes I would recommend. Where you stay or find parking is also something to think about. Metrocon's website also has a forum section worth reading through for specific questions like volunteering, etc. I think you can wear a costume all day, provided it's clean, lol. I don't know what everyone does but you can always bring a duffel bag and change at the convention center. I haven't stayed at the new official hotel yet. Some years I've seen people in costume at the hotels, I guess I'm always pretty busy rushing to get back to the convention to notice everything.

scandia
12-29-2007, 08:20 PM
I hope to attend Metrocon next year. This year I could not make it due to a family reunion being that weekend- I had not seen most of my relatives in 12 years. But I'll try to make it next year. Does not look like it will conflict with work- and my job is up the street from the convention center anyway. I will be wearing my Zelda costume- haven't worn it to Metrocon yet.

Hiryuu
12-30-2007, 04:43 PM
Just to let you guys know, though I'm debuting the Final Form Yuna aka Floral Fallal at Momocon, the other two will be complete by Metrocon! I really hope you guys enjoy us, and if you guys wanna join up with us, we'll be located wherever there is space (considering most of them are 9 feet long or tall, depending).

Digitallica
12-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Yep. There definitely has to be a Final Fantasy shoot on Saturday.
Has to happen.
....Will. Happen. xD!

VampiricMosaic
12-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Digi I SOOO agree! Though I'm probably gonna bake out in the sun wit my pleather wearing self if we do it outside. (Oh woe is meh!) Oh I'll friggen live! XD

Hiryuu
12-30-2007, 08:53 PM
just know to make those pics extra big...Seriously, Floral Fallal, Full Throttle, and Machina Maw take up an area of about 30 ft x 7 ft

Digitallica
12-30-2007, 11:17 PM
just know to make those pics extra big...Seriously, Floral Fallal, Full Throttle, and Machina Maw take up an area of about 30 ft x 7 ft

The Hoverbike will take up about a 13 ft x 7 ft range on it's own, not including any of the FF12 cosplayers. xD So, we're with you there.

And, VampiricMosaic...Squeezebreeze. Is your friend.
My cosplays have all been made with thick articifial leathers, which I made the mistake of wearing to Metrocon. You will wish you had a portable walk-in freezer. xD But, you can combat that with lots of hand-held fans. That's what I did last Metro with Larsa.

VampiricMosaic
12-31-2007, 10:00 AM
Digi- Thanks for the tip! I was going to either have one of our turks spray me or have little pockets of freezer packs hidden in my coat. Don't wanna die! Though I guess the situation would be totally differen't if we were in michigan in the middle of winter...T.T

Hiryuu
12-31-2007, 10:23 AM
Just get into water balloon fights all the time...you'll be fine :D

VampiricMosaic
12-31-2007, 11:13 AM
lol oh noes then our sephi's make up will come off! (Since she's tan and she's paling up a whole lot!) XD

Oh yeah, who ever's been to the fantasy masq. What's it like? ^^

Hiryuu
12-31-2007, 11:20 AM
oooh oooh ff masquerade?! I want XD. I would knock everyone out with one twirl

edit: Just get waterproof makeup, looks better anyway XD

Aleera
01-01-2008, 08:04 PM
@Vampiric: Remember the Anime Prom you mostly ran back at last Anime Supercon. Like that but with more cosplay outfits and formal dress/attire and instead of winter wonderland, the theme is nightmare. Risingsun.net has pics you could look through to get the feel of what it's like from previous years. It's gone more cosplay, imho it started out more prom, but either formal or cosplay.

TheMask3dPenguin
01-01-2008, 08:37 PM
The Masquerade is basically a dance that has a story weaved into it. Sometimes you'll be dancing, other times you'll be watching a skit performed that relates to the overall theme. You have to wear formal clothes or a formal cosplay, and you have to have a mask for entry. If you're not getting a VIP ticket, you have to pay $10 extra, but it's a lot of fun. Characters from the skits are out on the floor interacting with everyone when they're not on stage, and last year they had some dancers and a musician perform on stage for a few songs.

Korinchan
01-01-2008, 08:45 PM
I'll be attending the ball for sure! It sounds like a lot of fun, and I will definately have Rosa done.

Super.Nova
01-01-2008, 09:38 PM
For those of you who've been before, what is considered to be the busiest day, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

VampiricMosaic
01-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Okay, thank you for the tips!
So the theme is Nightmare eh? Well, got to think of a perfect cosplay for this one.... *begins to plot*

kimiko_yuki
01-01-2008, 10:41 PM
The Hoverbike will take up about a 13 ft x 7 ft range on it's own, not including any of the FF12 cosplayers. xD So, we're with you there.

And, VampiricMosaic...Squeezebreeze. Is your friend.
My cosplays have all been made with thick articifial leathers, which I made the mistake of wearing to Metrocon. You will wish you had a portable walk-in freezer. xD But, you can combat that with lots of hand-held fans. That's what I did last Metro with Larsa.

ohhh... I think it'll be difficult to find a place to stand, with all this oversized cosplays around ^^, I've just made the skeleton for the wings and Ultima's wingspan measures 14 feet while Zalera's would be somewhere within 10 feet. I hope we won't poke any hume's eyes out.

Hiryuu
01-02-2008, 03:20 PM
we'll forgive you, Kimiko ^^

As far as the masquerade goes...I'm hauling my group of Ouran and we're gonna do one of the main themes out of the book (I think we're going to do the kind of royalty/english attire, the second to last episode in the anime). If you like, we'll host for you XD

VampiricMosaic
01-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Digi- You guys planning on entering the costume contest? Because if so, my friends and I where talking and we thought of an idea. If you where, we thought maybe it would be cool if we combined your FF group with ours. Though they are not the same, they are two of the most popular games and everyone loves them (or atleast from what I've gathered XD) We have a pretty large group as well with characters that really do make it. It was just a thought. Let me know if your interested. ^^

I think we may have to get two differen't vehicals in order to get to this con: one to hold us and one to hold all of our props. I have to wonder what everyone's secret is to transporting things that are so large like wings and bikes. XD

Princess_Hotaru
01-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Meep. I'M SO STOKED! Like, seriously. I can't wait. fgjhdfghdfjghdfj! I can NEVER miss a Metro... That's pretty sad. I have no idea what I'm gonna be cosplaying as. Well, I was thinking of going as Nayuki from Kanon, or possibly Sailor Neptune... But, Idk... Anyone else gonna cosplay as Kanon characters or will I be all by my lonesome? =[

For those of you who've been before, what is considered to be the busiest day, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

Definitely Saturday.

Aleera
01-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Digi- You guys planning on entering the costume contest? Because if so, my friends and I where talking and we thought of an idea. If you where, we thought maybe it would be cool if we combined your FF group with ours. Though they are not the same, they are two of the most popular games and everyone loves them (or atleast from what I've gathered XD) We have a pretty large group as well with characters that really do make it. It was just a thought. Let me know if your interested. ^^

I think we may have to get two differen't vehicals in order to get to this con: one to hold us and one to hold all of our props. I have to wonder what everyone's secret is to transporting things that are so large like wings and bikes. XD

I know you mean well but there's a group limit for amount of people which will be listed on the rules page again most likely. This came about after large Final Fantasy and Naruto etc. that from 2005 entered the costume contest. But I think we can combine for a FF group/C-com photo shoot and will look into setting that up for everyone. My secret is going to be cramming everything into the back seat of what will be my future 2008 car and transferring props to the hotel room.

And I have the perfect cosplay idea to fit the theme for nightmare it's just the dress for this character will take up some space, I don't know if that's an issue yet, as well as body paint.

Digitallica
01-02-2008, 09:38 PM

I appreciate the notion, but I have no plans to enter the costume contest. If we're going to enter any contest, it's going to be the cosplay contest. I've got so many skit ideas that I wouldn't mind performing one on stage. But, the contests aren't a priority for me. I think some of the fun was lost last year because we were focused on the contests, and I want to make sure everyone in my group enjoys themselves this Metro.

But, yeah. Photoshoots and videos are a definite must. I plan on filming a lot at Metro, so, if you want to perform some skits for that, that'd be awesomely fun.

sweet_magic
01-02-2008, 09:45 PM
The Masquerade sounds pretty fun. ^^ It'll be a good excuse for my friend and I to do one of the more elaborate Chii and Freya dresses.

And I will definately be bringing Kairi and Sailor Mars with me since its a summer con.

Leenus
01-02-2008, 09:46 PM
I'm really hyped about all the Final Fantasy photoshoot talk, someone hit me up for the info maybe I can get my very small group together to join you.

Other than that wondering if anyone was also interested in something One Piece related since last year there was quite a few OP groups no photo op. for a group shoot.

Anyone interested?

VampiricMosaic
01-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Ispher- Oh, if only I had time to wear my Vivi I would join you! Oh well, I'm sure your bound to find someone! It's One Piece for cripes sake! XD

Aleera- Oh, really? Wow... yeah clearly it's my first Metro. Thanks for filling me in though, your the best!

Digi- Okaly Dokali then! Well count on us for joining you in other things other wise. God knows are group is just as colorful. XD

I'm stilll wondering what to do for the masq if we decide to go. I don't think I wanna make anouther outfit just cause I may not have much money or time by then. If anything, I can always wear ether Utena or Saionji. ^^

kimiko_yuki
01-02-2008, 10:48 PM
I'll probably wear some random gothic lolita for the masquerade or I might pull out my Mana-sama gowns out of storage and wear those. But I hate extreme make-up because I suck at it v_v

as for the matter of transportation, I will probably be bringing either a van or a trailer...

Anyway, I forgot to mention that this is my first metrocon too, so i'm really excited about it. Quick question, how's the parking situation at the convention? is it a long walk to the entrance at the convention center. Thanks.

Super.Nova
01-03-2008, 12:04 AM
I'll probably wear some random gothic lolita for the masquerade or I might pull out my Mana-sama gowns out of storage and wear those. But I hate extreme make-up because I suck at it v_v

as for the matter of transportation, I will probably be bringing either a van or a trailer...

Anyway, I forgot to mention that this is my first metrocon too, so i'm really excited about it. Quick question, how's the parking situation at the convention? is it a long walk to the entrance at the convention center. Thanks.

I'm probably the worst person to answer this question b/c I'm not sure of the layout between the convention center and the hotel. I've never been to MetroCon either. I will be staying at the MetroCon's hotel... Embassy-Hilton Suites. I've already reserved my rooms for arriving on the 17th & leaving on the 20th. The bill is around $803 @ $239 a night but once MetroCon is done talking to the hotel it's supposed to drop to around $150. However I do know that the parking for staying at the hotel is valet parking @ a cost of $18 a day *lol* Non-negotiable on the valet part. I don't know if you've found this website yet but this is the "official" website...

www.metroconventions.com

There's a link to a forum that has some great info or that you can give your thoughts to help with the planning for this year's MetroCon.

I hope that this has helped.

sweet_magic
01-03-2008, 06:25 PM
VampiricMosaic- Saionji, FTW! ^_^

<----- is a fangirl. Lol.

Btw, can anyone recommend some overflow hotels? The main hotel sounds a bit too pricey for me. ^^;

VampiricMosaic
01-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Sweet magic- wahahaha, thank you! XD If the hotel is abit pricey for you, then I sudgest going onto the website and checking out the hotels that they post up that's post to the convention center. There cheaper and they give a block/ mile radius of how far away each of them are from the convention. Hope I've helped! ^^

Yeah, so now my friends made a plan and now I'm going to be wearing Wallmarket Aeris. Yay for risking some random person to come up behind me and stab me. :p

Hiryuu
01-03-2008, 08:57 PM
lol A bunch of 18 yr old girls in one room = me and my friends.

I think 5 of us are sharing the room, so 450 between 5 people isn't bad...around 90 a person.

Aleera
01-04-2008, 09:41 AM
SuperNova thanks for all the hotel info again, here and the Metrocon forums are so useful. So basically it will break down to room rate (around 145 estimate once the discount comes through) plus parking and local Tampa room tax (hopefully there aren't any other added expenses thrown in).

Vampiric: We'll have to do some FF7 cosplay if you have Wallmarket done prior to Metrocon. My Metrocon schedule might be pretty crammed. But I'll certainly be in RPG cosplay for much of Metrocon at any rate.

NiGHTmaren
01-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Chances are my crew will have to stay at the con hotel, since we have big, bulky costumes and won't be able to make any long treks, lol. That and our costumes would possibly cause a scene walking around downtown Tampa, which wouldn't be too much fun! Aside from our secret costumes for the Sunday contest, I will be probably debuting Vaati and bringing my Princess Chibi-Usa with me, and maybe a few other smaller costumes.

VampiricMosaic
01-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Hime- I can't wait to see what you bring. I always love seeing what you put together! ^o^

Aleera- For sure, we'll figure somthing out! ^^

Yeah, my crew and I have to stay in the hotel too, preforablly just cause we're young kids. I've been to this convention center twice ofr my Drama States compition so I'm familar with the area, but I know how it can be at night. So I wanna be safe and aim for the hotel.

manchii
01-04-2008, 05:14 PM
^_^ Do you have a Fran to ride the bike btw? We could always ask ManChii LOL

I would love to do that! OMG it would be so totally fun plus im rebuilding Fran Bit by Bit to be better than ever!

Aleera
01-05-2008, 08:56 AM
Igsia's our Fran for the group. But I'm pretty sure we'd love to have more FF12 cosplay around us.

Vampiric: I'm also going to say try to get there a bit before the Masq. (assuming you are attending it), if possible because of traffic etc. I remember one year (2005) at the former official hotel where there was coincidently a Tim McGraw/Faith Hill combo concert the same night as Masq. nearby, which consequently messed up traffic. Unless you know the area well night time only makes everything more confusing. We ran the route yesterday from USF to downtown Tampa and I plan to make Metrocon Tour etc.

Digitallica
01-06-2008, 01:19 PM
^_^ Do you have a Fran to ride the bike btw? We could always ask ManChii LOL

I would love to do that! OMG it would be so totally fun plus im rebuilding Fran Bit by Bit to be better than ever!

We're bringing the hoverbike as an attraction. Sure, my group may be spending the most time on or around it, but, it's for anyone to go on and take pictures, so, of course you can ride on it. xD!

And, so everyone knows. I plan on making a lot of spoof videos at Metrocon with the FF12 group, so if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. We'll be filming with any cosplays, so it doesn't have to be just Final Fantasy, we can do plenty of cross-over videos.

havokgrl
01-07-2008, 09:21 PM
I just bought my tickets for metro, VIP for me! I'll deal with the hotel when tax time comes, i liked staying at the embassay, it was nice and very convient for my husband who dying in his D costume. :crylaugh:
But i wanna keep things simple for my costumes this year, im just gonna alter Hinoto, cause its huge!, and maybe i'll bing Izayoi :drunk: and i so deff wanna do a sailor scout! Mars or pluto to be exact :bigtu: *BIG Bishōjo Senshi Sērā Mūn FAN!*

nirebelldandy
01-08-2008, 12:33 PM
Hime- I can't wait to see what you bring. I always love seeing what you put together! ^o^

Aleera- For sure, we'll figure somthing out! ^^

Yeah, my crew and I have to stay in the hotel too, preforablly just cause we're young kids. I've been to this convention center twice ofr my Drama States compition so I'm familar with the area, but I know how it can be at night. So I wanna be safe and aim for the hotel.

omg me and foos used to go to state too lol! it is a SCARY place at night! lock the doors....however, there are some awesome wig shops down the street...and a kick ass chinese restaurant as well. yummmmy! i'm planning on going to metro this year and bringing some random clamp winged cosplay of doom. damn you, clamp.

VampiricMosaic
01-08-2008, 03:49 PM
nire- omg, I know what shop you're taking about. I was gonna go in last time I went but they where closed. T.T You're telling me! The place is even scarier at night when yor walking around in 6 inch heals and a red holter dress. XD

Yay, I finally convienced my friend Nana to go as Red XIII for our AC group. Life is good. ^o^

Hiryuu
01-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Hey guys, me and my friend Eri are getting VIP tickets, but it'll be our first time to Metro. Erm...stupid question but anyone wanna hang with us so we don't totally melt down? lol.

Princess_Hotaru
01-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Hey guys, me and my friend Eri are getting VIP tickets, but it'll be our first time to Metro. Erm...stupid question but anyone wanna hang with us so we don't totally melt down? lol.

Aww, yay! New people! Me and one or two of my friends are going this year ( again ) and if you want you could accompany us. The more the merrier, I always say!

Hiryuu
01-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Sweet ^^ Would love to meet up with you. We hope to meet lots of new people, and to just have a good time. I'll be in a huge costume...so you'll be able to find me ^^;

Kitsune
01-08-2008, 05:31 PM
If I wasn't so busy, I'd offer myself up. :3

But Metrocon is my "OMG WORK THE WHOLE TIME" con. Work being lots of performing and amusing people, of course, but still. As of the moment, it doesn't seem like I'll even be able to hit the dealer's room until Sunday... though I will get a feel for who has what during set-up at least.

I'm actually starting work on Whose Line again, finally. I definitely want this year to top all the years before, and I think with current resources (I actually have a staff WTF XD) we will be able to do that. I'm so excited. :3

Hiryuu
01-08-2008, 06:32 PM
oh wow...I'll have to plan out my weekend! There sounds like so much to do. I went to JACON three years in a row 2002-2005 but then I stayed more local for Animazement and AWA. Though I do remember how big JACON was compared to these cons up a bit north, so I can't wait! I'll be having my first credit card too hahahah

manchii
01-09-2008, 01:39 AM
Ill beat up Fake Fran and steal the bike Cause Im the real Fran will the real Fran Please hop up ,Please Hop up, Please hop up *thats me Hopping!*

Kidding but i would be honored TO Sit on the Hoverbike and pilot it For a little while! My Fran is already way Better than she was Before I cant wait to Show her off, i got a chance to fix almost everything i didnt like about her the first 2 times around like the stomach and the keyhole area I still need to rebuild her Bow , and i have been forced to rebild some of her cause storage of this costume is a problem,,, if you ever use hotglue use Hi heat or you will be sorry like me i have spent hours repairing things that sould not have broke all cause of florida heat!

Fran is mostly Foamies, Slick and Duct tape! but most of all TIME and LOVE

Hiryuu
01-09-2008, 08:40 PM
I would love to get on that hoverbike but Floral FAllal will barely be able to get through doors, let alone get on a moto

rosabella
01-09-2008, 09:19 PM
I wish I could ride it. *stupid wedding dress*

Elendriel
01-09-2008, 09:26 PM

I'm still debating on going lol, it's real iffy

but if I do, I'll be sure to bring Rasler :P

rosabella
01-09-2008, 11:18 PM
I'm still debating on going lol, it's real iffy

but if I do, I'll be sure to bring Rasler :P

YAY!!! Please go!! (But don't impoverish yourself in the process)

Aleera
01-10-2008, 09:19 AM
You could always hold Penelo's staff and look pretty, jk lol. If you want a Kairi for your Namine, I have one in progress I could finish for Metrocon. I'm still really excited about Metrocon since this year I can put more time and resources into my cosplays.

@ Hiryuu: I've never seen Floral Fallal Yuna done before, kudos and good luck with everything.

shredsofsanity0
01-10-2008, 12:25 PM
Anyone want to plan a Shin Chan group for Metro? I will be planning a Georgie cosplay most likely.

rosabella
01-10-2008, 12:26 PM
You could always hold Penelo's staff and look pretty, jk lol. If you want a Kairi for your Namine, I have one in progress I could finish for Metrocon. I'm still really excited about Metrocon since this year I can put more time and resources into my cosplays.

@ Hiryuu: I've never seen Floral Fallal Yuna done before, kudos and good luck with everything.

YAY!! Penelo's staff! Or I could just rape my ultra bishi bishi Rasler. ^^;;

I'm not actually wearing Namine during the actual con much. Me and my friends are getting to the con early friday morning and taking KH pictures by the beach. Then we'll probably switch to Phoenix Wright or Air Gear or something. You are welcome to join us though! It would be cool if we could get everyone for some cheesy beach pictures. We don't have a Kairi or a Sora.......>.> <.<......But we do have a Namine, Riku, Roxas, and Olette.

O yeah! I think my FFXII group will have a Fran with us...if she can afford to go. YAY!!! So we'll be bringing Wedding Ashe(me), Reks/Rasler(A19Riku), Rasler(CloakedSchemer), Larsa(Kiero), and Fran(Havenaims) together. Huzza!!

A19Riku
01-10-2008, 05:41 PM
YAY!! Penelo's staff! Or I could just rape my ultra bishi bishi Rasler. ^^;;

I'm not actually wearing Namine during the actual con much. Me and my friends are getting to the con early friday morning and taking KH pictures by the beach. Then we'll probably switch to Phoenix Wright or Air Gear or something. You are welcome to join us though! It would be cool if we could get everyone for some cheesy beach pictures. We don't have a Kairi or a Sora.......>.> <.<......But we do have a Namine, Riku, Roxas, and Olette.

O yeah! I think my FFXII group will have a Fran with us...if she can afford to go. YAY!!! So we'll be bringing Wedding Ashe(me), Reks/Rasler(A19Riku), Rasler(CloakedSchemer), Larsa(Kiero), and Fran(no cosplay.com account) together. Huzza!!

ummm actually ikki has an account I believe I just don't remember the name but ill try to find it

ohhh lord here we go w/ the rape

**** EDIT****

I found it :) http://members.cosplay.com/member/82482/

rosabella
01-10-2008, 05:57 PM
ummm actually ikki has an account I believe I just don't remember the name but ill try to find it

ohhh lord here we go w/ the rape

**** EDIT****

I found it :) http://members.cosplay.com/member/82482/

You know you like it.

Hiryuu
01-10-2008, 06:30 PM

lol I hope you enjoy it!

VampiricMosaic
01-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Wow, I'm really excited to see everyone's outfits! I'm sure their all going to look stunning. ^o^

Pantsu_chan
01-11-2008, 01:56 PM
I saw a few pages back that people were discussing other hotel options. Just wanted to give my impression of the place I stayed at last year: the Tampa Marriott Waterside, which is right across the street from the convention center. It was cheaper than the con hotel and super convenient (and safe, I thought), not to mention pretty swanky. They have a AAA rate also...I think I paid $110 a night as compared to the con hotel's $130 a night. And there's $10 per day parking in the outdoor lot across the street, which was also convenient. If you're on a budget, you might want to look into it.

Whether or not I attend Metro this year will be up in the air until February...when I find out if I get a summer internship in Japan or not. If I do get to come to Metro, I'll be doing Anime Idol again, and probably making something fabulous for the costume contest, just no clue what yet!

NekoMimiChan
01-12-2008, 10:02 AM
I might go to this convention if I can afford it, which is a longshot. If I go I'll either go as Sakura Kinomoto from the opening of CCS or Sun Shang Xiang from Dynasty Warriors 4, whichever I finish and don't wear to FL Supercon.

Vinyl - if you go maybe we can work out something as far as carpooling or something since we live close to one another.

Twilightpixie
01-12-2008, 06:57 PM
yay for metrocon! I am going this year, for the second time ever. I am really excited

Hiryuu
01-12-2008, 07:01 PM
-tackles twilightpixie- you wanna meet up? It's our first year going...we can be kinda-noobs together XD

Twilightpixie
01-12-2008, 07:02 PM
yay for noob-ness! lol I have o get tickets and reservations and everything still, But I will let you know for sure :bigtu:

Aleera
01-12-2008, 09:40 PM
@ vinyl: Thanks for the hotel recommendations. There's also AARP if anyone has older relations, sometimes special deals beat the con rate. I always check with family for better deals before I book the con rate.

I hope you get the Japan experience, I know how much it means to you.

I think it works like if I don't make Mascot /Masq./ Chess cast then I'll try for Anime Idol again. I'll finish off my Lenne costume repractice the dance steps and lyrics timing. I kept changing songs last year (My Mom was right with her complaining the beautiful slow songs would put the audience to sleep, so I changed to fast anime song last minute) and I think that lowered my chances a lot. But slow song in the first year was probably overambitious and I know now why it isn't recommended. Since I haven't auditioned with Lenne, I'll do that next time I'm eligible.
Good luck to everyone who tries out, I still have my Phillips microphone plugged into the computer and got uses outside of the Idol tryout experience.

Princess_Hotaru
01-13-2008, 11:16 AM
I might go to this convention if I can afford it, which is a longshot. If I go I'll either go as Sakura Kinomoto from the opening of CCS or Sun Shang Xiang from Dynasty Warriors 4, whichever I finish and don't wear to FL Supercon.

Vinyl - if you go maybe we can work out something as far as carpooling or something since we live close to one another.

I was thinking about bringing my Sakura cosplay again, so if you do, let me know! =]

Emi
01-13-2008, 05:47 PM
I'll be going to Metrocon this year for my third time. It'll be my first year cosplaying there though~!

Twilightpixie
01-13-2008, 06:05 PM
I'll be going to Metrocon this year for my third time. It'll be my first year cosplaying there though~!

oh really? thats awesome (it will be my second time going, second time cosplaying). What are you cosplaying as?

Hiryuu
01-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Hey guys, since I'll be meeting you at metro anyway (we definitely have to have a cosplay.com meetup) just wanted to say that I got into college in New York in manhatten ;3 I ish so excited

Super.Nova
01-13-2008, 10:08 PM
Hey guys, since I'll be meeting you at metro anyway (we definitely have to have a cosplay.com meetup) just wanted to say that I got into college in New York in manhatten ;3 I ish so excited

You beat me to the draw. *lol* I was also going to suggest that we meet up to @ least take photo's of all of these awesome costumes were hearing about. I can't wait to see all of the costumes. From reading the threads it sounds like they'll need to be more then 1 meet up for photos b/c of the multipul costumes being created.

Congratulations on getting into the college you wanted. Hopefully you have a smooth transition. Will you be living on campus?

Super.Nova
01-13-2008, 10:16 PM
Whether or not I attend Metro this year will be up in the air until February...when I find out if I get a summer internship in Japan or not. If I do get to come to Metro, I'll be doing Anime Idol again, and probably making something fabulous for the costume contest, just no clue what yet!

*lol* I'm not sure if I should say good luck or not? Going to Japan would be amazing but MetroCon keeps sounding like it'll be awesome. *lol* Maybe there could be a compromise. Get the summer internship to Japan & then... "having a family emergency" & having to come back to the US for a weekend. *shrug* It might work. Please keep us updated & best of luck

TheMask3dPenguin
01-13-2008, 11:19 PM
I went to Japan and Metrocon in one summer >> But it wasn't an internship XD That sounds like a lot of fun though, I wish you luck in getting it!

Hiryuu
01-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Congratulations on getting into the college you wanted. Hopefully you have a smooth transition. Will you be living on campus?

depending on which one gives me more money.I'll either be on 31st street in the garment district or 5th avenue in the couture district. one school is 10k more than the other though -_- we'll see.

Aleera
01-15-2008, 11:16 AM

That sounds great, KH cosplay on the beach is perfect. I can bring Kairi along for that. PM me sometime before the con with location and time.

@ Hiryuu : I'll be living on campus in May @ USF Tampa, about 1/2 hour from the con (I'll still hotel for traffic reasons though). From what I've seen if you can get financial aid or afford it + get the dorm you want, then it's a great experience. Congrats. on getting into the college you wanted, it's a wonderful feeling.

Neko- If you can make it, that's great. And you don't always have to have new costumes, I know school has you busy. All though I understand your desire to keep it fresh. I don't think a lot of the people who make it to Florida Supercon will be @ Metrocon (though they both will have a common popular special guest as a draw), which puts us in the few cosplayers that will make both conventions this year.

Hiryuu
01-15-2008, 02:22 PM
I'll definitely get loans and stuff lol, I just don't want to be out the hole to start with haha XD thanks though Aleera

Chiefy
01-16-2008, 01:51 PM
I think I may be adding another costume to my list.... just maybe. >.>

VampiricMosaic
01-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Chief- you must tell meh! I wanna know the costume! (Though it most likely wont be anything I can do with you T.T)

I am going to search far and wide for my perfect Kadaj fabric. I can feel it...

nessabutterfly
01-16-2008, 03:07 PM
I'm tempted to hit one day of Metro this year. Hotels are generally not part of our con budget, but we might make a really long Saturday and drive in from Sanford.

Chiefy
01-16-2008, 03:44 PM
@Vamp: I would but I dont think its gonna happen since I have to make my Judge xP

Aleera
01-16-2008, 04:36 PM
@ Vampiric: What about PVC spandex (4 way stretch)? I've seen a lot of Blood Rayne etc. cosplayers use that. It would have the right shine at any rate, but I'd check out online for fabric, if that's an option. Around here in the local stores all they have is like cheap vinyl and that is so not remake worthy.

@nessa: I love your costumes, I hope you can make it. Saturday is the main day anyway, as you know.

@ Chief: You just reminded me I have to stock up on washers for Penelo's grommet hakama pants. Thank you. I can't wait to see your Judge either, that's a huge project so not having time for another awesome project would be completely understandable.

nessabutterfly
01-16-2008, 07:06 PM
Aleera-- looks like it's a Sunday contest though... pooh. I'd have to go both days to be able to enter--cause what are the chances of getting one of the 5 spots they're holding for Sunday registration? Sigh...

I'm also tempted to do the mascot tryouts, but they're on a Sunday as well... arg. And I definately can't get away on a Sunday that soon!

I also see that you know who I am, so I peeked at your gallery. We were next to each other during Jacon (?) while you were in your Rosa costume, right?

Hiryuu
01-16-2008, 08:12 PM
my list, hopefully the final

friday: Okami Amaterasu (I have a really good one in the works, but it's only on friday)
Saturday: Floral Fallal Yuna
Sunday: Deidara w/ Tobi pair

Kitsune
01-16-2008, 08:23 PM
Fantasy Masquerade audition information is up~!

It looks like an interesting character list this year. Clow Cards for the win. :3 I can only begin to imagine what sort of storyline there's going to be.

Chiefy
01-16-2008, 10:23 PM
@Aleera: Aww you flatter me and yes my other project is huge but if I start on my judge early I may have time.

Emi
01-16-2008, 10:39 PM
oh really? thats awesome (it will be my second time going, second time cosplaying). What are you cosplaying as?

Eep, sorry, been busy with midterms.

So far, I know I'm doing Kyouya in his classic blue blazer, and possibly Mad Hatter Tamaki. Depends how much money I have left after going to New York in March. x.x

Aleera
01-17-2008, 09:25 AM
I also see that you know who I am, so I peeked at your gallery. We were next to each other during Jacon (?) while you were in your Rosa costume, right?
You are correct.

And as for Masquerade list, I think the character choices are enchanting and fit the theme well.

Hiryuu
01-17-2008, 09:55 AM
hey guys! it's snowing in sweet NC, just thought I'd let you all know ^^. Anyway, me and my friend Eri are buying are tickets this weekend and registering for the hotel, but we can't find out what hotel is the con hotel. Can someone please send us a link or something? We're really confused ^^; thanks.

Aleera
01-17-2008, 10:44 AM
I'm pasting my reply from Metrocon's forums below:
Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-Downtown-Convention Center. One of the major attractions to the new hotel is the sky bridge that leads directly to the convention center. There should be an announcement on the main page when the rooms are ready to book +/ it will be listed in the updates section on the website. That's the 2007 link for booking rooms, in a couple months or less I figure the new link to book the rooms will be up. I'll have my eyes on it since I'm paranoid it'll book out quickly (last year had the whole 7/7/07 thing, a popular booking for weddings, lol).
And here's the http://www.animemetro.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20200 but to summarize: the con discount rate for the hotel is not available yet. And when it goes up, there will be a major announcement on the main Metrocon page (of the website).

Kitsune
01-17-2008, 10:52 AM
If possible, I would suggest holding off on booking the hotel room until Metro puts up the link. When everything finally pans out between Metro and the hotel, there'll be a discount code that really helps on affording the stay.

Super.Nova
01-17-2008, 11:26 AM
hey guys! it's snowing in sweet NC, just thought I'd let you all know ^^. Anyway, me and my friend Eri are buying are tickets this weekend and registering for the hotel, but we can't find out what hotel is the con hotel. Can someone please send us a link or something? We're really confused ^^; thanks.

Aleera & ChibiKitSune had some really good advice. *lol* But I know that I was concerned about getting a room since I'm coming down from Kentucky. Knowing my luck, I'll show up & my room will be double booked or something crazy like that. & because I'm crazy I went ahead & booked my room.

Right now I check in on the 17th & leave on the 20th. I'm thinking about extending it to the 21st to enjoy Florida a little bit more. *lol* The bill is currently @ $803.04 for a 2 double beds non smoking room but I believe it'll drop down to around $504. This is based on the room being @ $150 that I read on one of the MetroCon forums.

The lady who made the reservation for me said that I need to call to move my room to where they will be placing anyone w/ MetroCon to once the rate is announced so that I can get the discount & be in the same area.

*lol* Now my only worry is to start saving up $$$ for this.

TheMask3dPenguin
01-17-2008, 11:34 AM
So long as you catch the link when it gets up, there shouldn't be a problem getting a room. I don't think they were $150 a night though, more like $130 or something a bit more affordable. All I can say is, the more people in your room, the better. ^ ^ V

Super.Nova
01-17-2008, 11:40 AM
Fantasy Masquerade audition information is up~!

It looks like an interesting character list this year. Clow Cards for the win. :3 I can only begin to imagine what sort of storyline there's going to be.

I was checking MetroCon when I was at work and read the update. I tried explaining but all of my co-workers just looked at me like I had escaped from a mental hospital. It's awesome that they have Black Lady posted. :toothy: Now there will be another Black Lady walking around the Masquerade. Must get as many pictures as possible that night @ the masquerade w/ all the great outfits.

I'm still trying to figure out how to be part of the masquerade but my budget doesn't seem to want to let me fly down. *lol* I figured up how much it would cost in traveling fees alone to be at the rehearsal dates and almost died laughing. $7000 in travel expenses alone. *lol* It still makes me laugh. I could see about trying to ask my parents for extra money to fly down so often but it wouldn't be pretty. :toothy: On second thought I might just ask for entertainment value to see their facial expressions.

So I've decided :rockon: I'm just going to enjoy my weekend @ MetroCon & take in as much as I can.

Super.Nova
01-17-2008, 11:45 AM
So long as you catch the link when it gets up, there shouldn't be a problem getting a room. I don't think they were $150 a night though, more like $130 or something a bit more affordable. All I can say is, the more people in your room, the better. ^ ^ V

*lol* That would be even better. Yeah I'm trying to get friends to go w/ but they don't want to spend the money. I believe it was on the MetroCon forum that Roy said he believed the record number of people was 16. *lol* I wonder if they took turns sleeping b/c I don't think there would be enough room on the floor.

ZGoku296
01-19-2008, 07:45 AM
A tidbit on this con...maybe because I know the area a bit better than most, there are plenty of MUCH cheaper hotel/motel places within like 8 miles of the convention centre, we're talking like 50 bucks a night. OK, they're not the greatest places, some of them, but...how much time to you truly plan on spending there?? Also, the convention centre is marked going north...it is NOT marked going south! Can make for a frustrating ride when you suddenly discover you're in Clearwater, not Tampa anymore!

havokgrl
01-19-2008, 10:07 AM
I'm pasting my reply from Metrocon's forums below:
Embassy Suites Hotel Tampa-Downtown-Convention Center. One of the major attractions to the new hotel is the sky bridge that leads directly to the convention center. There should be an announcement on the main page when the rooms are ready to book +/ it will be listed in the updates section on the website. That's the 2007 link for booking rooms, in a couple months or less I figure the new link to book the rooms will be up. I'll have my eyes on it since I'm paranoid it'll book out quickly (last year had the whole 7/7/07 thing, a popular booking for weddings, lol)

yea last yr there was a wedding on the floor that had the bridge from the hotel to the convention center, it was very inconvient walkin all the way around

KarasaurusRexxx
01-19-2008, 11:39 AM
I'm excited; this is my first con that's not only, like, one state away from me. The farthest i've gotten to go away for a con is Ohio. ^__^ (I live in Michigan.)

But so far my cosplay plans are...Tamaki Suoh from OHSHC, Alice Cullen from Twilight, Ryuichi Sakuma (Concert) from Gravitation, Kagura Sohma from Fruits Basket, and Krad (Tuxedo) from DNAngel.

Neko_Kaolla
01-21-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm going. Cosplay plans are in the air, as always. I'll be hosting a few panels this year for Dollfies. =^_^= Also trying out for Masquerade, Chess, and Mascot.

As soon as the link's up, my roomies and I will be booking the room. I missed last year (money reasons), so I'm double excited for this year.

Hiryuu
01-21-2008, 04:00 PM
I'm excited; this is my first con that's not only, like, one state away from me. The farthest i've gotten to go away for a con is Ohio. ^__^ (I live in Michigan.)

But so far my cosplay plans are...Tamaki Suoh from OHSHC, Alice Cullen from Twilight, Ryuichi Sakuma (Concert) from Gravitation, Kagura Sohma from Fruits Basket, and Krad (Tuxedo) from DNAngel.

lol dude! You have to be our Tamaki. We have a small ouran group