PDA

View Full Version : Wax Ear Tutorial-yes or no?

Trisylene
10-02-2007, 05:40 PM
EDIT AGAIN: I can't fix the problem so instead of a video tutorial I'm going to have to do something with pictures. This tutorial will take awhile to do, I'm sorry to those of you who are waiting. I'll start on it tomorrow or the day after.

EDIT: There was a problem with my video camera. Until I can fix it the tutorial is on hold. Thank you for your time and sorry for the delay.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=870552

I've had requests for a tutorial explaining how I do my ears to which I've replied "once I find that damn video camera." And guess what? I found my video camera. So I'm going to be making you all a tutorial. It should be done here within 24 hours so keep posted.

The Pros:
Materials are easy to find and relatively cheap
Latex free for those with alergies
Adhesive free for those with alergies
Look more realistic than latex ears
Can be made as large or as small as possible
Can be made into any shape

The Cons:
Have to be taken off at the end of each day and remade the next morning
May take some time to make depending on the person
Does not do well in extreme heat (anything toping 95 F)

The Materials:
Scar and Effects Wax

Kiarrens
10-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Sweet, I'll watch it when it's done. :) Those ears looks fantastic!

Lothlin
10-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Oh man, yes please, I can't wait until you get this up. It'll come in handy if I ever get around to doing an Ashura cosplay ^^

Byakuya-sama
10-02-2007, 08:28 PM
::Glomps::

No, really. Those ears look fantastic -- would love to see a tutorial. You're really pretty too (not to sound like a weird guy trying to follow a fantasy or anything >.> <.< lol...)

Definately awaiting tutorial -- this could be in my interests :D

FE Freak
10-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Wow,looks like your real ear.Couldn't tell they were wax,completely believable.Props to you Trisylene.

Byakuya-sama
10-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Wow,looks like your real ear.Couldn't tell they were wax,completely believable.Props to you Trisylene.

Oh speaking of which -- I know I should wait for the tutorial -- but do you powder the ears? Or paint them somehow? They do look very realistic!

FE Freak
10-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Oh,I dunno.I've never any kind of ears before,sorry man.

LittleSelphie
10-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Am I the only one who read in horror "Ear Wax Tutorial"?
Oh. So it was just me. The ears look wicked, can't wait to see more.

GreyCat
10-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Am I the only one who read in horror "Ear Wax Tutorial"?
Oh. So it was just me. The ears look wicked, can't wait to see more.
Nope, not the only one. I saw that too..

Can the wax ears be used to make things as long as Zelda's and Link's ears? Or does it need some sort of wire support?

Trisylene
10-02-2007, 11:16 PM
thank you all for your responses. Here's the answers to some of your questions.

Oh speaking of which -- I know I should wait for the tutorial -- but do you powder the ears? Or paint them somehow? They do look very realistic!

No there isn't any powder, paint, or makeup on the ear. You CAN add it later if need be but I go for a natural look when doing my ears.

Can the wax ears be used to make things as long as Zelda's and Link's ears? Or does it need some sort of wire support?

Taking it out that far will be a little trickier but no you won't need a wire support. The wax isn't completely opaque and a wire would be visible through the wax in direct sunlight. If you take the ear out that far, the wax holding the form to your ear would need to be thicker and taken father onto the ear. I'll remember to address this when I remake the tutorial.