PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on an outfit

Earthprince
05-21-2003, 03:34 PM
Hey hey!

For cosplay, I want to wear an outfit I designed myself, but this character isn't actually in any story. What should I do? Definetly I'll make it, but when I wear it to a convention, should I just pertend it is from an anime, or carry around handouts with my character drawn on them to give out in case anyone asks?

Evan

makonurikoryoko
05-21-2003, 04:33 PM
I wouldnt bother making like a flyer to say hey i mad ethis up, but definitly tell then if they ask. You should check out the original costume thread on here too. As long as you put a good amount of effortinto it Im sure people wont even care what its from ^^

ummmm
05-21-2003, 09:24 PM
many people make there own costumes, it's not an uncommon thing at conventions.
Do you have a picture of the costume, i like seeing peoples original work

JacksUsername
05-23-2003, 12:20 AM
yeah, i wouldn't worry about it too much, since I'm still new to anime, I usually dont' recognize a lot of costumes anyways, I just enjoy them for what they are

Moogle Hiromi
06-04-2003, 11:06 AM
deadset! go for it! I saw a great original cosplay at AnimeUNSW's Xmas party last year! It was great and very creative.

BlueLady
06-04-2003, 11:15 AM
yep i agree, just say its an original and have fun. People appriciate hardwork and no one recogonizes avery character anyhow.

Akujin
06-15-2003, 11:39 PM
you might drive some of the people too shy to ask crazy or start some fistfights as they argue over who you are X'D