PDA

View Full Version : D.Gray-man demon weapon

Usk
10-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Hey,

I don't know if this has been discussed earlier, but I'm currently making a Allen Walker cosplay.

I've made the outfit and the wig. Finally the only thing left is making his left arm.

I'm not interested in making it in the 'weapon' version. Just in the 'monster-like' arm version.

Does anyone have an advice on how to make such a thing? Maybe working with some latex and a glove or something?

keriko
10-04-2007, 07:07 PM
i made mine out of sheets of foam over a wire frame. I'm not TOO well versed in making props so i don't really have any advice when it comes to whether its easier than latex.

BUT
I can tell you it was light and when the arm is nearly 3 ft long weight tends to become an issue.

Here's (http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=74377&member=53518) an example of how mine turned out.

Doctor Blind
10-05-2007, 02:24 AM
Sorry, I'm confused.. Are you talking about what Keriko's showing, or Allen's twisted, messed-up red hand?
Some reference would be nice~
Thanks!

Usk
10-05-2007, 03:01 AM
His twisted up red hand..

Sry :)

benihime
10-05-2007, 03:13 AM
hm you might get more ideas from people in the props and accessories thread. there may be some people who hang out there that might help? but yeah ref pics would help

keriko
10-05-2007, 08:48 PM
OH!!! Yea see I was thinking you meant the extendo-arm thingy. ^^;

tsuoi_kaze
10-05-2007, 10:04 PM
I know that alot of people (myself included) just buy some sort of glove and then make it look twisted and cool like Allen's hand using paint or sharpie (or both):toothy: I'm sure there are alot of great, better looking ways but I'm also not too good with things like props and makeup so I really couldn't tell you what they are.

Mabie
10-06-2007, 08:31 AM
Yes, the best way to go I think would be to buy a glove. I made mine that way by just using a long red glove and hot gluing all the lines on it. I then sprayed a wine colored fabric spray on that to get a more accurate color and carefully peel away the hot glue revealing some pretty neat looking undertones ^^ after that you can just go into an organized craziness with some 3-D paint. as for the nails, well, just by a pack of fake ones, spray paint them black and hot glue them on! This can get a bit painful though, seeing as at at this point you might need to wear the glove if you haven't been already :)
I hope this helped, and good luck!

Usk
10-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Thank you so much for your idears :D

I think I'll go for the last one :)