PDA

View Full Version : Hana Yori Dango

Odin
05-21-2003, 09:19 PM
I heard that this manga series is coming out in the states. I've seen the entire anime series, and I was wondering if anybody knows what the manga is like in comparison to the anime and how long the manga series is.
-Odin

evilchii
05-21-2003, 10:16 PM
viz has aquired the rights to this series. i LOVE the manga though the art takes some getting used too. it's not the most beautiful art i've ever seen but it's such a great story.

i haven't seen all the anime but i saw the first episode. i personally like the manga over the anime. there are about 32-33 novels out in japan the last time i checked so it's a good thing that viz is scaling down their books and making them cheaper becasue this series is gonna leave a major dent on my wallet.

makonurikoryoko
05-21-2003, 10:19 PM
;_; you said it Chii... serious denting.. wow i didnt realize how many there were!!! I hope they doa good job!

Odin
05-22-2003, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the information! Do you know how often the books will be released? Will they come out once a month like when Dark Horse released Lone Wolf and Cub?
-Odin

evilchii
05-22-2003, 11:21 PM
updates!!! yay!

"Hana Yori Dango" will be known as "Boys Over Flowers"

the first novel will be released in july and the second in august and if there aren't any problems then it should continue monthly for the next couple years! yay!

also, HYD 34 was released in March, i believe of this year. the series is still being published in Margaret, a japanese magazine that is released the 5th and 20th of every month. finally, Kamio-sensei has been asked if there is an ending in site and she has said that she'd like to continue HYD for a few more years.

wow, that's all i gotta say. this is the series i've had dreams of owning and i'm jumping for joy over the thought of finally getting it. it's so worth it!!!!

here's info if anyone plans on pre-ordering it:

TITLE: "Boys Over Flowers" (Hana Yori Dango)
AUTHOR: Yoko Kamio
PUBLISHER: VIZ, LLC
ISBN: 1569319960

Odin
05-24-2003, 09:27 PM
That's awesome. I hope it succeeds in the states!
-Odin

Schala
05-27-2003, 12:23 AM
Oh, wow! I'm glad to hear HYD will be coming over here! I've been wanting to read the manga ever since I finished the anime series. I was totally addicted to it and watched the entire thing in about two weeks. ;-;* Woohoo, can't wait to read the manga!

Odin
06-09-2003, 02:20 PM
This is kind of off topic but still related . . . Hana Yori Dango will hopefully be coming to the United States on DVD in SEPTEMBER!!
-Odin

Scortia
06-09-2003, 09:10 PM
The Hanadan manga starts off crude (ack, Doumyouji has lipstick! >_<) but it gets wonderful fast! I have volume 21 and it's just so beautiful that I want them all... Tsukasa in the rain. ;_;