PDA

View Full Version : Duel Jewel to perform!

lupineloli
05-22-2003, 02:08 AM
You asked for it. You begged for it. You even bribed us for it.
Well - here it is....
a J-rock Concert at ANIME EXPO 2003!!

Duel Jewel - famed throughout the USA con community & Japan alike - will be performing at Anime Expo.

More details to come....

visit Duel Jewel's official site:

http://homepage1.nifty.com/dueljewel_house/pcindex.htm
(Japanese)

http://www.radiowasabi.com/DuelJewel/

(English)

Michi
05-22-2003, 02:15 AM
Oh my god they're EVERYWHERE.

Not that it's a bad thing.

That's pretty cool. I enjoyed them at A-kon last year and can't make it there this year. ^_^;

ambitiousmiyavi
05-22-2003, 02:26 AM
Omg...*falls off chair* Finally I can see them. I've been hearing all this good stuff about them but I can never make it back east. So happy they are making the trip to SoCal ^-^

SohjiroX
05-22-2003, 02:51 AM
Yay I cant wait, my first ever jrock concert!

shiroi_yukiko
05-22-2003, 02:07 PM
Yay! I finally get to see them! ^_^

mifyuu
05-22-2003, 02:32 PM
Yay!! I was hoping there would be at least one j-rock band coming to AX this year.. ^^

Also I've heard rumours there's another coming..? *wonders who the mystery band is*

Psychotic Jei
05-22-2003, 03:34 PM
I've been hearing mixed reviews about them.....so, are they good....or? What is your opinions. =o

Michi
05-22-2003, 03:49 PM
Jei ~ They're very good live. They really know how to get a crowd going, especially the vocalist. I really enjoyed the concert at A-kon, though I didn't stick around the entire time as I felt sick and had slept very little. ^_^;

Ina
05-22-2003, 07:26 PM
yay! this is my first j-rock concert! i hope it'll be either on thurs or fri since i can't make the last two days

Yggdrasil Pie
05-22-2003, 10:21 PM
w00t! J-ROCK! XD I'm gonna spread the word! XDDD

ambitiousmiyavi
05-22-2003, 11:02 PM
I just got three of my friends to come to AX just to see Duel Jewel. I am soo excited cause I have been waiting for AX to bring over a jrock band. I hope they can bring more over. ^-^ *jumps around*

lupineloli
05-23-2003, 12:32 AM
An independant third party, a few other staffers and J-rock Events crew (Cherry Pie, Kurara, myself) fought for this to happen. Bands bring themselves over - no con helps them financially; only their fine management, business supporters, funds from the fans and their own pockets haul them from gig to gig. Cons provide the vital time and space so that we can experience the glory that is J-rock.
This was a battle, my friends - and J-rock Prevailed! PLEASE tell everyone you can to come! And yes - a "mystery" band! Oh, la la ~ and no, I won't reveal anything ~ you'll just have to wait!
^-^

ambitiousmiyavi
05-23-2003, 01:07 AM
Im really glad that you worked this hard. This is soo great you guys did this. Its great to know that people work extra hard for jrock. Its a very good thing to hear.

yes a mystery band! I wonder who it is?????

Psychotic Jei
05-23-2003, 04:20 AM
Someone sent me a clip of one of their songs...Kizuna or something...I think it was. I really hope they're better in person. I mean, they're not bad.... but ^_^; they could be a band that just sounds better in person.

Michi
05-23-2003, 05:37 PM
Jei ~ Oh, I agree. I had heard some songs before the concert and really wasn't impressed.. but they're really great live, and made the songs better to listen to at home, even if they didn't have the same feel. ^_^;

ambitiousmiyavi
05-24-2003, 02:47 AM
Yup i bet their music is better live. But I really hope they sing Chinmoku. I love that song ^-^

Michi
05-24-2003, 03:01 AM
Heehee, Chinmoku and Nauthiz are my favorite songs by them... Of course, they're only two of three of their songs that I can name. x_x; But uhh yeah. I like Red Beast wo Korose, too. I remember they performed both Nauthiz and Chinmoku at A-kon.. I only knew Nauthiz so I was super happy to hear it live.. but I later found Chinmoku and remembered it from the con. :D

ambitiousmiyavi
05-24-2003, 07:50 PM
Oh thats cool they played chinmoku. I listen to that song all the time. I think its one of Duel Jewels best. Do you know if they selled their cd at A-Kon? Nauthiz is really a good song too. Oh yeah almost forgot about Anmaku. ^-^ good stuff

lupineloli
05-24-2003, 11:22 PM
Hey everyone ~
I heard there were rumors flying about on the identity of the "mystery" band - XD I know, it's hard not to BUT please do not fuel or believe any rumors! If you do not hear it straight from AX (including the J-rock Events crew) then disregard it.
Like I said - I know it's hard not to fan the fires once they get going, but please hang on just a little bit more! I promise you'll be the FIRST to know!

Michi
05-25-2003, 12:16 AM
ambitiousmiyavi ~ *nodnod* They had the CD available there, yeah. ^^ I was just rather broke and spent my money on Shaman King merchandise and a T.M.Revolution CD single. ^_^;;

ambitiousmiyavi
05-25-2003, 03:15 PM
Has (whoevers in charge of this) decided what time they are going to perform? A lot of my friends can just make it to friday. I hope it friday.
Ok good I'll buy their cd at AX. Lets just hope the lines for the dealers room is not insane like last year.

Velvy
05-25-2003, 09:01 PM
My anxiousness for Anime Expo to get here has just reached it's maximum level. *_*

ambitiousmiyavi
05-25-2003, 10:21 PM
Your not the only one. If they bring another jrock band. I think im going to pop. This is all crazy.

Daitenshi
05-26-2003, 04:46 AM
Duel Jewel has that unpolished quality, but they still put on a great live show. And if you like Gackt's voice you'll love Hayato *_* He's like a young Gackt with that beautiful J-rock lilt~

*yes, I am a self-proclaimed Hayato fangirl ^^;;;;;;

mifyuu
05-26-2003, 02:14 PM
Ok, without starting or spreading rumors, can i ask one thing: Is it an indies band or a major? Even if you're not positive they are coming, it gives us all a little tiny hint so we know what we're expecting.

*meekly waves fansign* yuyaaa~~ XD

lupineloli
05-27-2003, 02:26 PM
If you mean major like Dir en Grey, no way! LOL Not enough money that 1 individual has to put on a show like that.

I do not believe this will be on Friday because of too many scheduling conflicts (the AMV contest in particular) I believe Thursday night is going to be the night. Saturday & Sunday are out, of course.

ambitiousmiyavi
05-27-2003, 06:55 PM
so I guess that should lean to an indies band, then. It's all good either way ^-^

Yui
06-03-2003, 08:44 PM
Oh. Overall, this is cool and unexpected.
I really have no more energy to comment on DJ's convention appearance yet again (I swear...those boys are matching my con schedule...er, except Otakon that is - which they wanted to come to, but there's no competing against TMR.) ...Well, anyway there're pros and cons to their coming...but, once again, I too will encourage people to support them.

die-sama
06-10-2003, 08:21 AM
they sound way better live.not that their CD sounds bad (noah) sounds really good, much better than Lapidary which was their first

but honestly, they know how to get the crowd going (maybe gets them going a little bit too much)
i've been to 2 concerts ;;_;; but i might not make the AX one since i pre=booked tickets to arrive there thurs night X______X; *grumbles* so if they have it thurs....i'm outta luck :P oh well

another thing about them is they're really nice, if they have an autograph session u'll see that about them >_<;
quite modest~etc

oh well for those def. going to concert, i'm sure u'll enjoy it :D :D :D

lupineloli
06-11-2003, 02:25 AM
^-^

This will be the first time that I see them - so I am excited. I am also excited about BLOOD @ Fanime ~

I saw Chisato here in L.A. ~ but that was in 2000 ^-^

AngelJibrille
06-11-2003, 03:39 AM
Okay, here's the revised times on their concerts:

Thursday, 7-9:30pm at the AX Dance, California Ballroom D
Saturday, 7-9pm at the AX Dance, California D

Thanks!
Marisa
AX2003 Cosplay Events Manager