PDA

View Full Version : Ouran High School Host Club 2008

Usachan
10-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Hello there. I was wondering if anyone out there will be cosplaying
OHSC (Ouran High School Host Club) for Sakura Con next year. I will
be Mitsukuni "Hunny" Haninozuka. So yea...if you are an OHSC character
drop a line to this thread & if I actually do go we can maybe form a group.

Jacko
10-14-2007, 11:11 PM
It's very, VERY possible that I will be bringing along my Tamaki cosplay since it's easy to travel with and fun to wear. I may also have a Haruhi coming with me so yeah, the possibility of forming a group could be fun =)

Usachan
10-15-2007, 04:32 PM
Will this be your first time going to Sakura Con next year? I noticed you
were from Alberta, I'm from British Columbia. ^ ^ Say, while on topic do
you plan on going down there and staying at a hotel with anybody? I'm
a little unsure how to get this gathering started but I would like to get
one started with people. So this is open for suggestion or idea you may have

Jacko
10-15-2007, 09:11 PM
Oh BC, that makes us province neighbors~
Anyway, yes, this will be my first time attending Sakura-con and at the moment I have a room booked at the Sheraton for 2 nights. Although I'm still not 100% sure who's going to be in the room with me...I'm trying to get 2 or 3 friends to come along but if not, I may be going it alone ^^

As for gathering a group together, I've done it before and it's usually just a matter of finding other people cosplaying the same series. So having the thread here and starting one on the actual Sakura-con forums is a good start. Once there's enough interest then it's just a matter of organizing a time and place for everyone to meet. It's still a little ways away but once the con gets closer I imagine there'll be more activity around here :)

If we can pull together a group, having a tea party or giving out flowers is always a great thing to do with Ouran. I did it at a local con and it was tons of fun and a huge hit!

Usachan
10-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Hmmm I really like some of your idea's ^^ Especially the giving out flowers,
the only problem I see with that is where we can actually buy flowers and
if they will last long enough during the con aswell as how much it's gonna
cost. Also, a tea party sounds like fun. As you say closer to the con may
pick up and we can fiqure out from there and see if anyone wants to join in

Hitokiri Kenshin
10-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Part of me is wondering about doing an Ouran character, but don't know who.

Usachan
10-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Depending on height and such, I could see you become Kyoya or maybe Mori.

Jacko
10-16-2007, 10:03 PM
Part of me is wondering about doing an Ouran character, but don't know who.

Yeah, I would have to agree with Usachan, I could see you as a Kyoya or Mori. I would try and convince you to take on Mori since I never seem to be able to find one at a convention...there needs to be more people cosplaying him!

As for the flower bit, you'd probably have to buy flowers the morning of the day you plan on handing them out...preferably. Although I'm not sure what kind of stores are near the convention centre/hotels. Chocolate roses are also a possibility XD

Usachan
10-17-2007, 10:07 PM
From what I can recall yet remember about flower places around Sakura
Con there isn't any. I had a dream about us giving flowers and I want to
run it by you but I wonder how you feel about plastic flowers and inside
or attached to a pipe cleaner sticking out of the flower we put pictures
of Tamaki, Hunny, Kyoya, Mori, Hikaru, Karou, and Haruhi on them hehe. :)

Jacko
10-18-2007, 09:19 PM
I love the idea! Like each host club member could have the color of rose that represents them and attach their own picture. I know Michael's has some *really* nice fake roses that I used at Animethon this year. We could get some of those...and if we can't find the proper colors, spray painting works wonderfully ^__~

Usachan
10-18-2007, 10:00 PM
Awesome 3< I'm so happy you love my idea *blush* I would be willing
to explore this idea and go to Micheal's sometime in the next month or
two. Come by MSN often and we can discuss this. Again, I have to say
it's a shame you live in Alberta, if you wanted I could call you sometime.

Sayda-kun
10-18-2007, 10:54 PM
I'll be going to Sakura-con as Hikaru. I have yet to find a Kaoru, though. The flower thing sounds interesting, I'm sure there'd be a lot of attention following it.

Jacko
10-19-2007, 03:38 PM
I'll be going to Sakura-con as Hikaru. I have yet to find a Kaoru, though. The flower thing sounds interesting, I'm sure there'd be a lot of attention following it.

Awesome! From the pictures you have in your gallery I think you make a great Hikaru, now we just need to find you your twin. If I wasn't already doing Tamaki I'd volunteer, considering I adore Kaoru.

I think the flowers would be a hit. I've noticed Ouran has some of the craziest fangirl followings out there [me included] =) I'll try to get on MSN more often Usachan and yeah, we should definitely talk on the phone sometime~

Sayda-kun
10-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Haha thanks, it was an unfortunate fate, seeing as I didn't plan to do either of the twins. So far the whole 'twin' search isn't going too well. >_<

Fake flowers would be a good choice, seeing how they're a lot cheaper, and last longer.

Usachan
10-19-2007, 07:58 PM
Sweet! ^^ I visited a Everything for a Dollar store and they were selling
white, pink, and red fake roses. How many roses do you think we'll need?

Also Jacko I just thought I would let you know that the best time to be
online is usually around 8pm your time, seeing as you an hour ahead of me.

Hitokiri Kenshin
10-19-2007, 08:12 PM
I think I will do a Mori costume in addition to what else I'm doing.

Jacko
10-20-2007, 12:20 AM
@Sayda-kun: If you didn't plan on it what made you do him? Just out of curiosity XD And I'm just wondering, is that your real hair as Hikaru or a wig?

@Usachan: 8 my time...ok, that should work for everyday but Friday~ I'm not sure how many flowers we'll need, I guess it just depends how many people we want to hand them out to. I tend to go a little crazy with it...this past summer I handed out at least 50+ chocolate roses on my own. But we don't need to do that many lol

@Hitokiri Kenshi: Awesome! You'll for sure be wanted for pictures ^__~

Hitokiri Kenshin
10-20-2007, 12:35 AM
Well, here's hoping I don't get mistaken for Kyoya. (Has bad eyesight and doesn't have contacts).

Sayda-kun
10-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Sweet! ^^ I visited a Everything for a Dollar store and they were selling
white, pink, and red fake roses. How many roses do you think we'll need?

Uh... probably a lot. Haha, Sakura-con from what I hear is pretty big, it'd be kinda bad if we ran out of roses. We could space them out, too. Maybe give out a dozen or two one day, and then if everyone's still in their Ouran costume, hand out some more the next. Or we could space them out between a day if you're doing multiple costumes. Which is what I'll be doing. I have a feeling I'm going to be switching costumes A LOT at Sakura-con.

@Sayda-kun: If you didn't plan on it what made you do him? Just out of curiosity XD And I'm just wondering, is that your real hair as Hikaru or a wig?

Originally I wanted to do Haruhi, just because my hair is already her color, and I wouldn't have to bother with a wig. It looked pretty good when I was doing a hair test. But when I bought the blazer and brought it home later that night... I put it on, and looked like Hikaru. I think it's an unfortunate fate, because I was really looking forward to Haruhi. XD And yeah, it's my real hair.

Usachan
10-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Guys! I have new pictures of me as Hunny as my second attempt to cosplay
him and I think I did a great job, please leave me comments on my gallery!!~

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?member=51430&cat=500

Jacko: Sounds good to me ^_^ We can even write emails from time to
time or write letters! I am thinking maybe we can go half in buying the
roses. I can buy 20 roses and you can buy 20 and we can discuss pictures

Sayda-Kun: Sakura Con is VERY big maybe not Anime Expo but it's fairly
large, I've been going there since 2005. We should start thinking about a
plan between now and January of next year to see what everyone is doing

Jacko
10-21-2007, 02:32 AM
@Hitokiri Kenshi: Hm, the glasses may cause people to mistake you for Kyoya but we'll just correct them. But if we pose you in pictures with Hunny enough times, I imagine people should get the hint~

@Sayda-kun: Well your hair is absolutely perfect for him. I was going to say that if it was a wig I could buy the same one and switch in & out of being Tamaki and Kaoru. At least for the sake of getting some pictures of the twins. But I don't think that will work now XD

@Usachan: I'm most definitely up for splitting the flowers. You said the dollar store? I'll have to go take a look at the stores around here. Depending on whether or not we get the whole Host Club together we might need a few more.

And since Sayda brought it up, I know I'll be doing multiple cosplays myself so we're going to have to decide when we want to get together for our Ouran. I know for certain I'll be doing Bleach for a large chunk of Saturday but I could possibly switch into Tama later in the day...and so far nothing is decided for me for Friday or Sunday.

Kumi-chan
10-21-2007, 06:08 AM
I've been tempted for a while to do Morinozuka Satoshi. I've got a lot of cosplays on my plate, but since some of my friends are doing Ouran cosplay...I may just go for it. At least for a photoshoot.

Usachan
10-21-2007, 12:36 PM
Jacko: The great thing about dollar store roses, they are cheap and
pretty, oh my friend has informed me he found yellow and white one's too.

Do you think we should get 4 different colors? (white, pink, yellow, red)

I know for certain this is going to be so much fun and I'd be willing to be
spending at least $25-$30 for the roses. Again, we can discuss this online.

I am so happy that you like the idea about sending letters, I don't know
how many letters we can send but hopefully as much as possible. It will
also depend on my college schedule but I will definitely write you a letter.

Sayda-kun
10-21-2007, 05:40 PM
Sayda-Kun: Sakura Con is VERY big maybe not Anime Expo but it's fairly
large, I've been going there since 2005. We should start thinking about a
plan between now and January of next year to see what everyone is doing

Lol, well since it's in a convention center, I figured it was much bigger than Kumori-con. What kind of 'plan' are you wanting?

@Sayda-kun: Well your hair is absolutely perfect for him. I was going to say that if it was a wig I could buy the same one and switch in & out of being Tamaki and Kaoru. At least for the sake of getting some pictures of the twins. But I don't think that will work now XD

And since Sayda brought it up, I know I'll be doing multiple cosplays myself so we're going to have to decide when we want to get together for our Ouran. I know for certain I'll be doing Bleach for a large chunk of Saturday but I could possibly switch into Tama later in the day...and so far nothing is decided for me for Friday or Sunday.

Hahaha, thanks. And ty for suggesting it, but I'm not one for wigs. I'm thinking about following the major herd of sheep and jumping on the KH bandwagon. Roxas would be awesome to do, despite all the multiples. But I'd DEFINITELY need a wig for him. I went platinum once, and once is plenty enough for me.

And the whole multiple cosplay thing - I have no idea who I'm gonna be when. So far there's Reno and Hikaru, and possibly Roxas. But that's the limit, I still have to pay for my car somehow, and being overwhelmed with who I want to be when is bad enough. XD

Usachan
10-21-2007, 07:49 PM
Definitely much bigger than Kumoricon lol and the plan that I am waiting on
is hopefully going. I will be going to college in January, so I will have to rely
a lot on my college schedule for the next few months next year. And there
is also making sure I have enough money for food, hotel, and transportation.

Jacko
10-25-2007, 09:25 PM
@Kumi-chan: If you do Satoshi I will seriously hunt you down for pictures! I love that kid. I was disappointed that they didn't include him in the anime but that's just one of the many reasons why I prefer the manga.

@Sayda-kun: It's alright, I've jumped on the KH bandwagon myself XD I know where you can get a nice Roxas wig if you ever need one, it's from the same place I got my Sora one. Unless you plan on styling one yourself, which can be fun~

@Usachan: Umm, well I would get the white, pink & red for sure. I don't think anyone has yellow. I'd suggest getting a bunch of white ones and just spraying them the proper colors for the other characters =)

Usachan
10-25-2007, 10:28 PM
That sounds like a good idea to me Jacko. I was thinking those colors aswell.

I won't invest in the flowers until closer to December, but at least I'll know
where to get them. I'll be buying 20 roses and I trust you to buy 20 roses,
and if Hitokiri Kenshi and Sayda-Kun want to buy some that's fine by me too.

[bento]
10-29-2007, 03:51 AM
I'm possably going, and if you wouldn't mind a few kisses for fanservice...(and for me having a major fancrush on the twins for being so damned cute >/////>)

^_^

AznGalahad
10-29-2007, 04:25 AM
i'll be going as kyouya for a few hours for the photoshoot most likely and to take some pictures with friends

Usachan
10-29-2007, 02:19 PM
wh00t! more Ouran cosplayers! and Yay for Hikaru/Karou Love! There is
much Love for Kyoya and Mori cosplayers. For me I'm a Hunny/Mori fangirl!!

Sayda-kun
10-29-2007, 02:55 PM
@Sayda-kun: It's alright, I've jumped on the KH bandwagon myself XD I know where you can get a nice Roxas wig if you ever need one, it's from the same place I got my Sora one. Unless you plan on styling one yourself, which can be fun~

Hmm, where do you suggest? I was planning on just getting a wig, and since my mother's a licensed hair stylist, I was going to have her cut and style the wig.

;2151471']I'm possably going, and if you wouldn't mind a few kisses for fanservice...(and for me having a major fancrush on the twins for being so damned cute >/////>)

^_^

Haha, I guess it'd be alright. I still have yet to finish the costume, I'm just being lazy. ~.~

Jacko
10-30-2007, 12:20 AM
I think everyone has their own favorite pairing in Ouran...I myself enjoy some Kyouya/Tamaki but the twins are right up there. I find it hard NOT to love the twins though XD I'm glad more people are showing interest, it'll be fun if we have a decent sized group for a photoshoot.

@Sayda-kun: Well I've purchased a couple wigs of my cosplay wigs from the ebay store Cosplay Garden.She's really nice and the wigs are wonderful quality. But if your mom's a hair stylist I would honestly just do it yourself. The sora wig I purchased I basically completely re-styled to my liking anyway, so buying a plain wig would probably be cheaper.

Sayda-kun
10-30-2007, 03:44 AM
I'll look at her site, then. I was thinking of just purchasing a plain blonde wig and having it all cut off, because somehow I think my mother would do a decent job at the styling, seeing how she's been the only one to cut my hair since I've been alive. I'm fairly certain I trust her with a wig. XD